Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,756 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him (104659 Views)

I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. / I Cheated On My Husband With A Guy From Work And I Don't Know What To Do. / Mourners At Man’s Burial In Enugu Confess To Killing Him With Juju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jun 03, 2017
You need to forgive yourself, you cannot seek absolution if you still deride yourself like this. Ask yourself , why did you cheat on him, what did you learn from that experience? Has it made you a better wife/person?
By telling your husband what will it accomplish? The only being who forgives without any condition is the person who created you. As for this native doctor marlarky who has the greater power here?
You need to make peace with yourself. You made a mistake learn from that and move on.
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Topgainer: 11:53pm On Jun 03, 2017
Phonefanatic:
OP take your bag and leave in shame(preferably an older female friends place make sure you have confessed to her) if he begins looking for you give up your location and invite him over, get a genuine female pastor involved, confess your sins and let him know you had to leave because you are no longer worthy of his forgiveness. Remain there for days, spend your sober days there and see what happens next.
Yes, I thought of that
But you will need to know the age of the marriage because this step will be disastrous for a very young marriage besides any middleman here must be a couple the man heeds to and respects. Not Pentecostal Pastors given their penchant for 'double-life' and not a relation of the man.
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Vivipop(f): 11:54pm On Jun 03, 2017
If you tell him, you will probably be sent packing from a home that is yours, if you don't, guilt will drive you insane. Truth can be like a two edged sword.

Life shouldn't be taken too seriously, things aren't really black or white. True happiness comes from within oneself and not from others.
What would give you peace of mind? What would make you happier? Telling him the truth? If yes, then go ahead and brace up for the consequences. If No, then truly repent, forgive yourself and move on. Life is too ephemeral and unguaranteed to be taken too seriously.
goodluck...

7 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by LexngtonSteele: 11:54pm On Jun 03, 2017
If this story is true....

1. i can bet the OP lied, it wasn't one single round. The affair lasted more. They both enjoyed themselves.

2. Likely it was condomless entry too tongue Devil-Used-Me type of sex doesn't make you remember where condom is

3. Your hubby would eventually hear. Better confess ASAP. Better he hears from you. Those pastors would either blackmail you and bang you or snitch...

4. I can bet even your husband has cheated. But men don't take it lightly.

I find it funny that you can confess to other pastors (plural) and you can't face your husband and tell him. I feel that's disrespectful.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by torqque7(m): 11:54pm On Jun 03, 2017
istoctober:

l lost my three months preggy cos of my depreesion in Jan, 2016. Ever since, l have not been myself. l keep seeing myself as not worth living.
Each time l look at him, l have this guilty conscience that l have disappointed God and my parents. I cry in my lonely hours and it has made me to stay calm even in my right at home, l felt that l deserve everything that is happening to me.

Exactly because you deserve it and even worse..you made your bed so now lay in it angry..I just pity the poor guy that is thinking he has a reasonable wife..
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by mayprince(m): 11:55pm On Jun 03, 2017
Only God knows if it's my wife posting this

3 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by hedonistic: 11:55pm On Jun 03, 2017
uboma:

the Op doesn't owe you the full narrative.
She owes her husband that.
And who appointed you as her mouthpiece? My friend Bleep off.
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Deicide: 11:56pm On Jun 03, 2017
Why do women find it so safe to expose their unclothedness to their Pastor? the Op is not the only one guilty of this.

1 Like

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by NwaAmaikpe: 11:56pm On Jun 03, 2017
OP

When you husband eventually drives you away...I will love to debbé you.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Semper247(m): 11:57pm On Jun 03, 2017
istoctober:
l had to open this account to tell this story and l know that l will be bashed for this but l really need to get it off my chest.
it was in 2014, that l cheated on him and since then, l have not been myself. l have confessed to Pastors but l can't forget it and my mind keep telling me that God has forgotten about me cos whenever l pray, l find it difficult to concentrate and that's why l want to confess to him.
l know he will send me packing because he said something like that to me and the fear is what is keeping me from confessing to him. l don't want to be disgraced out of my home cos my husband will definitely do it.
l can't blame him for my shortcomings but myself for allowing devil into my home.
l really need your advice for help.... You can curse me but l deserve it for being a loose woman but l seriously need help cos depression wants to take over my life that l think of suicide to escape shame and mockery from people in case he finds out.

Everyone posting nonsense and fabricated stories all in a bid to get the fp slot....

..... Now that u have the fp, go to the bank and withdraw with it.

Nonsense!
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by QuinofHearts(f): 11:57pm On Jun 03, 2017
Better don't tell him anything if you know what is good for you. Somethings are better left unsaid. Ask God for forgiveness, forgive yourself and move on. Not because you want to hide things from him but because you want to save your marriage. from what you have said about this man, he is too impulsive. Let him not even kill you out of anger. Plus you dont know what he has done in the past. Ask your mother if you still dont know what to do. She would be more experienced and would understand you better. But my own advice to you is to be a wise woman and know how to keep you marriage. Don't be mistake foolishness for honesty.

2 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Lexusgs430: 11:58pm On Jun 03, 2017
istoctober:
l had to open this account to tell this story and l know that l will be bashed for this but l really need to get it off my chest.
it was in 2014, that l cheated on him and since then, l have not been myself. l have confessed to Pastors but l can't forget it and my mind keep telling me that God has forgotten about me cos whenever l pray, l find it difficult to concentrate and that's why l want to confess to him.
l know he will send me packing because he said something like that to me and the fear is what is keeping me from confessing to him. l don't want to be disgraced out of my home cos my husband will definitely do it.
l can't blame him for my shortcomings but myself for allowing devil into my home.
l really need your advice for help.... You can curse me but l deserve it for being a loose woman but l seriously need help cos depression wants to take over my life that l think of suicide to escape shame and mockery from people in case he finds out.

Some things are better left unsaid. What he does not know, would not kill him........
You already know the result of your confession. Do you want to break a happy home?
Better still, wait till he also equally makes a confession....

1 Like

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by LexngtonSteele: 11:58pm On Jun 03, 2017
mayprince:

Yes Mr Mayprince.... please forgive her. I am the offending pastor. My rod is 12 inches, just used it to part her seas.

PLEASE, forgive and forget! embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by wadetaw202: 11:58pm On Jun 03, 2017
Young03:
Let by-gone be by-gone

let it be ur secret..... God will be d one to judge u

God has already judged. Her sins will remain if she doesn't do restitution, which involves confessing to her husband. You may want to read Proverb 28:13.

It is better not to commit a sin for which you can't make restitution

1 Like

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Phonefanatic: 11:59pm On Jun 03, 2017
Topgainer:

Yes, I thought of that
But you will need to know the age of the marriage because this step will be disastrous for a very young marriage besides any middleman here must be a couple the man heeds to and respects. Not Pentecostal Pastors given their penchant for 'double-life' and not a relation of the man.

Yes she has to choose whom to meet wisely. The marriage I assume is over 6 years. Don't wait to be thrown out let her throw herself out in shame and if her husband is forgiving he will come calling depending on how remorseful she is while confessing. I remember my girlfriend I trusted cheating and confessing months later I felt so bad but I weighed my own hidden sins and I forgave her. Her husband is surely not a saint unless he has been seeking a way out of the marriage.
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by wadetaw202: 12:00am On Jun 04, 2017
akpamuomenka:

He that breaks the hedge, the serpent will bite. You have defied your matrimonial BED and you stands in judgement hence all these are happening to you. Your conscience which is the spirit of God in a human has started judging you so is nature also judging you. Though hand joins to hand the wicked shall not go unpunished.

Your genuine repentance and confession is the only thing that will give you peace of mind.

This is a hard teaching. Who can bear it!

Unfortunately, it is the Truth

1 Like

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by uboma(m): 12:00am On Jun 04, 2017
hedonistic:

And who appointed you as her mouthpiece? My friend Bleep off.

I am no friend of yours.
You obviously lack good home training.
Go look for your kind to trade words with.
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Lexusgs430: 12:00am On Jun 04, 2017
mayprince:

What you do not know, has not killed you....
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Futureberry: 12:00am On Jun 04, 2017
it funny seeing all most family section popular advisers telling this lady not to confess,@istoctober you already cheated on your husband once with a pastor,you still went ahead to cheat on him again by telling another pastor first of your sins,should you decide not to tell him about your actions,know that you have wronged this man 3 times in a roll......let your conscience keeping judging you and keep on cheating on your husband,pill it up until it stick unto you like a sticker.....

1 Like

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Andrewkinggg: 12:01am On Jun 04, 2017
I honestly think you shouldn't confess to him because a married man or a man would not want to hear his wife/his woman or his girlfriend slept with another even if he is a chronically cheats. You even said he's going to send you parking if he finds out. You shouldn't disgrace you out of your home. Let's assume it was a mistake you said it was one time. Just work towards becoming a better wife to him and I also hope you have had yourself tested for perhaps any STI..

2 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Damseldammie(f): 12:01am On Jun 04, 2017
katyamizotta:
Istoctober,

I am so sorry about the torment you are going through.

There is no perfect person. you have already judged yourself so I can never judge you.

I want you to know that God has forgiven you.

you have confessed to Him and he has forgiven you. NOW FORGIVE YOURSELF. I perceive you never went back again. FORGIVE YOURSELF SISTER. Release yourself from this bondage of guilt because Christ has forgiven you.

Now let's look at it scripturally:
When Jesus saw the adulterous woman, He asked her to go and sin no more. the ultimate confession was to him, he did not require her to go and confess elsewhere.
When Jesus went to the house of Zaccheus, he did not ask Zaccheus to restitute. Zaccheus decided that on his own.

If you decide to confess, just know it is your decision. God is not requiring that from you.

Dear Jesus, I commit this sister into your hands. Thank you for forgiving her as she has asked. Please envelop her with your peace, and break the hold of torment over her life. Make her life beautiful again. Strengthen her marriage. In Jesus Name.

...More grace pastor (Amen)
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by johntaiwo123(m): 12:02am On Jun 04, 2017
embarassed
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Slickest(m): 12:04am On Jun 04, 2017
Buh ur funny... so you feel you'll get a solution here? Coming on social media to confess, tell ur hubby nd get it over with. Am sure ur d jealous typ.
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Mopelawlar(f): 12:05am On Jun 04, 2017
kaffy4tope:

Stop beating about the bush. Answer these questions or carry your fornicating life outta here.

Ahaha ahhah, y re so hrtless? I dnt think blood stil flows in Ur vein, despite al wat dis woman is going through u re stil here saying trash abt her agn, she took her courage n stood so low to get advice here n u re dere saying rubbish muuuuccccchhhhheeeewwwww

1 Like

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by jara: 12:05am On Jun 04, 2017
Your remorse and guilt in this day and age is refreshing to many. I am sure that after going through this wrenching aftermath, you will not dare it again.

Don't Tell him now. There are incidents men don't want to know about. Use your remorse to care more about and for him. Forgive his shortcomings that all men and women have because you also know you are a sinner.

In your old age, both of you may have something to confess and forgive.

Again I love your healthy conscience.

BTW, you don't owe anybody details of your story more than you are willing to share.

2 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Andrewkinggg: 12:06am On Jun 04, 2017
wadetaw202:

God has already judged. Her sins will remain if she doesn't do restitution, which involves confessing to her husband. You may want to read Proverb 28:13.

It is better not to commit a sin for which you can't make restitution

Confess to her husband and have her parking from his house... Let's assume her husband is also a cheat "he hasn't confessed to her yet". For the sake of the family and the home.. You may also want to read john 8:11.. she has prayed for forgiveness and let's hope she sins no more...

1 Like

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by FreeSpirited: 12:06am On Jun 04, 2017
Berbierklaus :
Mtchwweee
You are a chronic unrepentant cheat. Continue,i'm not judging you
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by maureensylvia(f): 12:07am On Jun 04, 2017
Semper247:

Everyone posting nonsense and fabricated stories all in a bid to get the fp slot....

..... Now that u have the fp, go to the bank and withdraw with it.

Nonsense!

kids are not allowed here pls

1 Like

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by HubbardGeorge: 12:07am On Jun 04, 2017
Dis oloshos dey full for 9ja

1 Like

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Mopelawlar(f): 12:08am On Jun 04, 2017
jara:
Your remorse and guilt in this day and age is refreshing to many. I am sure that after going through this wrenching aftermath, you will not dare it again.

Don't Tell him now. There are incidents men don't want to know about. Use your remorse to care more about and for him. Forgive his shortcomings that all men and women have because you also know you are a sinner.

In your old age, both of you may have something to confess and forgive.

Again I love your healthy conscience.

Thanks jaree bro abii na sist u b, dis is d kind of words she needs now not insults

2 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Nobody: 12:09am On Jun 04, 2017
You said it your self ,u have told your spiritual leaders. And they pray with you. See something's are better left on told. So move on and don't tell him but just be careful and do the right tin next time.God has forgiven you cos he sees your heart.Wish you good luck.
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Omotaday(m): 12:11am On Jun 04, 2017
istoctober:

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Nigerian Mother Caught Her Daughter In A Hotel Room & Disgraced Her (Video) / Man Catches His Wife Cheating And Exposes Her (Photos) / Dear Parents, in whose care have you left your child? Pics!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.