Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police (87055 Views)

Imo Police Kill Martins Nwoke, Dismissed Sergeant In Gun Battle Over Kidnapping / He Only Pretended To Be Dead - Police Reacts To Report Of Killing Bus Driver / Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by AlphaT1(m): 9:37am On Jun 10, 2017
ruggedtimi:
so sad...bravest nigerian caught on tape, nigeria police havnt arrested the robbers yet with the cctv evidence ...trust NYPD to be at the robbers doorstep after watching that video
You can't compare NY with Nigeria na. NY has a comprehensive database of information about (almost) everyone. You are registered at birth, at marriage, or as immigrant, visitor etc so it takes only few minutes for them to cross-match and track you down unlike in Naija where there is no such data, not everyone is registered even at birth. Google map can't even locate some areas in Naija. Do you know that some areas in Naija don't have Telecom network yet? Though NPF are sometimes useless but dem d try sometimes considering the enormous Naija challenges.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Pavarottii(m): 9:38am On Jun 10, 2017
Cinderella5:
watch the video you will see one of the robbers shooting back at the mopol, several shots for that matter.
Watch again, he returned fire till those guys left.

2 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by 9icelag: 9:39am On Jun 10, 2017
For those asking why he left the security room. He probably does not know the strength of the robbers ( how many the robbers were). Secondly, his intent was to run to the back of the bank and return fire which he did. He knew he was not going to get any form of reinforcements early enough. Thirdly the police claimed two other policemen were injured in the security house maybe he saw his colleagues got shot and he thought he was a sitting duck. However, he could have tried to get the driver of the car because he has the advantage.

6 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Opoki(m): 9:39am On Jun 10, 2017
The guy really tried for returning fire. I wish he could gun down up to 3 of those bastard especially the one that chase him. He moved smartly after gunning down the thief that wanted to go and attack him inside, he might not have been chased into hiding cos they left the moment they collected the money and did not even show remorse for the guy that was gunned!

RIP

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by nkemdi89(f): 9:39am On Jun 10, 2017
Bugatie:

Dead or alive, his identity and that of his family is to be handled with utmost discretion.

It's a security issue and the lives of his loved ones need to be protected and not flaunted in the media.

Just be assured that even if the Force fail to recognize and promote him, which I doubt, the bank he worked for will definitely not abandon him

He's no doubt a gallant and smart officer, I can only imagine the terror they would unleashed on those bastards if only there were 2 more officers like him that day
That wasn't gallantry but suicide mission, how will a lone officer engaged four armed men, when you know their firing power is more than yours, he enganged them bringing their attention towards him, because they came for that other vehicle and not the bank ,he wasn't fully kitted to start with, no protective vest, why shot at them if you know you can't take proper cover and no hope of reenforcement. Its so unwise that he trying to dodge a live bullet when the men were fully engaging him. Anyway other men force will take precedence from his own unfortunate incidence and take " dressing ".

2 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by RighteousI: 9:39am On Jun 10, 2017

2 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Unimaginable123: 9:40am On Jun 10, 2017
Vecharry:
wetin the other two policemen dey do?
I tire o
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by AlphaT1(m): 9:40am On Jun 10, 2017
Pavarottii:

Though I am not quite sure whether the police man died or not, however, being shot (badly) doesn't stop a brave security man from returning 'fire'.

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by imam07: 9:41am On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:
my question is why did he leave the vantage point and cover of that room he was where he had an advantage ? he is brave but he is stupid also. RIP tho. he had the advantage when he was in that room and he had cover but he chose to run out and then got shot.

when he was in that room anyone who walks up to the room is at a disadvantage as you saw when the robber walked up to the room and got shot and killed by him.
Many people that watched the video clip have eyes but can't see.This is my guess,The cop left the security room because he discovered those guys were with jazz and his bullet could not penetrate those guys in the car. It will be dangerous for him to remain there because all the armed robbers could later descend on him so he had to ran out. The cop was so lucky the jazz failed the guy he shot dead.
And for those people saying AK47 riffle is not the right gun for the police. Which kind gun do u want them to use. Do u want them to be using the type they use in Terminator movie. The only thing I saw is the armed robbers had enough magazines attached to their gun.
And if we all assume the cop took a wrong step, let first put ourselves in his shoe and in that kind of situation.
Those customers I saw in that video should give testimony in their church if they watch the video. Especially the gate man and the man that came out first from the security house before the robbers arrived.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by weezyk(m): 9:44am On Jun 10, 2017
madridguy:
Well, I guess the NPF intentional declared the gallant officer dead for security reasons because from the video so far the officer escaped unhurt.

Anyhow, may the peace of thy Lord be with him.

Watch the video clearfully and see the last pic above. It shows that the mopol who shut down one of the rubbers was confronted after he probably run towards the side of the bank building which is usually locked. That side of the bank usually have gate that is only open for bullion van or maintenance...

2 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by ezebrightike: 9:44am On Jun 10, 2017
Sad if truly the mopol died. He did what was right by running outside to take cover because judging from the move of the robbers, they had voodoo powers because they moved with so much assurance that nothing will happen to them that was why they kept on shooting sporadically. if the Mopol had decided to stay inside the security post it would have worsened the whole case because after gunning down one of the robbers, am sure the remaining wouldn't spare any living creature inside that room. they left because they thought he was the only security personnel in that post. RIP to the brave Mopol.

4 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by 989900: 9:46am On Jun 10, 2017
It's kinda hard to say much from just this video.

3 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Cinderella5(f): 9:49am On Jun 10, 2017
Pavarottii:

you didn't watch it, he was shooting and running, after he ran, you can see one of the robbers shooting at his direction.

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by freshbear(m): 9:49am On Jun 10, 2017
Rip to the police officer.A lot of lessons to b learnt from that video.
*positioning was bad hence the resultant death.
*leaving that vintage place was death sentence.would have dug in and take out anybody coming inside with a headshot just like he did the first robber.
*after killing one of the robbers no body will have the liver to enter the enclosure.
*Running out was outta fear n panic which should be the last on his mind.Training should have taken over.Training is key.
Lots to learn from that video.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by naturalwaves: 9:49am On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:
my question is why did he leave the vantage point and cover of that room he was where he had an advantage ? he is brave but he is stupid also. RIP tho. he had the advantage when he was in that room and he had cover but he chose to run out and then got shot.

when he was in that room anyone who walks up to the room is at a disadvantage as you saw when the robber walked up to the room and got shot and killed by him.
You are very wrong bro. The hideout is not the type you stay in as he did not even have a clear view from there. Moreover, he gunned the first robber down while still panicking not like he saw him coming. It was just a rapid fire exchange that favoured him. After gunning the first one down, the second one came shooting randomly at the post and the bullets will most likely penetrate hence the reason for running out. As you can see, when he ran out, his gun was not even in auto run ( bad weapon). He only scampered for safety.
The only downside about the whole thing is that the police officers were not battle ready as they were not taking note of all the activities happening prior to that incident. The robbers did not even do a thorough review before coming. They did not come for the police officers first. The moment the first robber shot into the air, if the police officers were battle ready and alert, they would have turned the whole vehicle to scrap through bullets but they only fired a shot at the back window. The remainder of the robbers even had the guts to come out and hold weapons.
In conclusion,
1. The police officers are badly trained with respect to targets aiming.....too poor.
2. They were not battle ready and alert. Reminds me of those yeye police officers usually attached to first bank....they are usually on slippers and carrying the guns lazily.
3. The officers had bad weapons.
4.All officers were not supposed to be at the same place in one tiny room.....they were not strategically arranged.
The best thing the officer could have done was to run out. He was running towards the back of the bank but his speed couldn't have passed the velocity of the bullet and that was why he got shot by the second guy in the video .
RIP to the gallant officer.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:49am On Jun 10, 2017
when i watched the video, I expect people to understand that jungle justice should be applied to armed robbers, but will still want to show sympaththy
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by mkoabiola: 9:50am On Jun 10, 2017
Imagine a security agency with no bio data.chaiiii

Where Do we start frm
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Naijaarchive(m): 9:52am On Jun 10, 2017
The clip doesn't prove he's dead... The robbers target was even the owner of the Honda Accord Not the bank itself... Kudos to him though... Nice shot grin grin

The gateman though... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:53am On Jun 10, 2017
ruggedtimi:
so sad...bravest nigerian caught on tape, nigeria police havnt arrested the robbers yet with the cctv evidence ...trust NYPD to be at the robbers doorstep after watching that video

all the robbers have been caught.

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 10, 2017
akpamuomenka:
Sergeant Chukwudi Iboko.

NCAN take note.

You should have completed it with the names of the thieves too tribalist b*stard

3 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Ishilove: 9:55am On Jun 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:
I watched this video last night and was saddened.

To LEO's on the forum, this is a good training video.

It shows a detail that was too casual and not at alert. Why were all three armed LEOs sitting inside and trapped in the security post? One or two preferably should always be outside, visible and patrolling.

But it's elating to see one of the robbers claim a head shot that severed his spinal chord. A very nice shot coming from an archaic and unreliable rifle, you lot should invest in pistols but not sure if you can procure your own firearm.
I don't understand. How can a head shot severe the spinal cord? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by LordOfNaira: 9:56am On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:

Easier said that done. He made some shots, killed a fool and his position was totally exposed. You can't expect him to be a sniper in such a situation. Even snipers are mostly always stationed at high and faraway places which makes them take stable aim. You would notice that the earlier shots from the policeman were not stable. That is to tell you that there was no room for a stable aim.

5 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Atk1nson(m): 9:56am On Jun 10, 2017
rozayx5:

my thoughts exactly

he would have killed more if he maintained his position

sad sad especially the fat goat in blue undecided

i guess training does the difference
He probably felt he was outnumbered. Unlike the army that is trained to expect death and hence not retreat except under instruction, the police man hopes to live to fight another day. He did quite well though

4 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Kay512: 9:57am On Jun 10, 2017
ruggedtimi:

I agree.
But that's not dependent solely on the video. They have track record of every citizen.

Come to Nigeria, we don't even have the record of a local government.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by rozayx5(m): 9:57am On Jun 10, 2017
Atk1nson:
He probably felt he was outnumbered. Unlike the army that is trained to expect death and hence not retreat except under instruction, the police man hopes to live to fight another day. He did quite well though

true though

a soldier would have killed at least two people in that scenario
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by imam07: 9:58am On Jun 10, 2017
The cop ran to a tight angle between d bank building and the fence. That is why the armed robber guy was unable to get to him.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by arent88(m): 10:00am On Jun 10, 2017
VocalWalls:

That room has no other exit, all hell would have been let loose on that room. The robbers would have finished every living and non living thing in there, because he had killed one of their own.
honestly I was just shaking my head at those armatures saying d gallant police officer should have remained in d room,a room DAT had no other exit except d door at d front.those robbers would have riddled DAT room wit bullets DAT nobody would have survived it.

4 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Atk1nson(m): 10:01am On Jun 10, 2017
StoneLucifer:
The robbers were not professional armed robbers from the look of things. Obviously they are amateurs in handling of fire arms and strategic planning .This video clip should serve as a lesson to financial institutions. There are lots to learn from it regarding security. Policemen attached to banks should be positioned where no one sees them. The mopol who fired back was not tactical. He could have remained in that security room because he had better advantage and cover there than coming out to run away knowing fully well he had no back up to cover him...RIP though!!!!!

I disagree with you. His promptly engaging them, seriously disorganised them and forced them into an early retreat. Had he remained in that security post and kept returning fire, he would probably have survived unhurt. If he had not engaged them, they would still likely have noticed him and kill him before he draws the trigger
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by tk4rd: 10:05am On Jun 10, 2017
Onyochejohn:
op is a lier, the man return fire till those baastard left, if not op should back it up with pix evidence . Our prayers are with that police man, I wish him well not dearth Pls
Thank you for wishing him well..
If we go by what The Nigerian Police Officers are doing to innocent people, they all deserve terrible deaths after-all
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by wadetaw202: 10:07am On Jun 10, 2017
damoneymag:
that's why i dislike the force.. Be it the army or police. His lovely wife (if married) has become a widow.. R.I.P

The guy wasn't wearing bullet proof vest. Wasn't he issued with one?
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by kingsleymike: 10:10am On Jun 10, 2017
The guy that left shortly before the action seems to be another security guard. If so, then he abandoned his duty and trust banks and their strict rules, he will be charged very soon if not already. He will end up in prison.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 10, 2017
Ishilove:

I don't understand. How can a head shot severe the spinal cord? undecided

The spinal cord starts from the base of the brain.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Lady Found Pictures Of Herself In A Bottle In Her Friend's Closet (Photos) / Woman Allegedly Killed By Her Husband's Brothers...they Butchered Her [G.PHOTOS] / Yahoo Boy Eats Feces In Warri While Doing The New Yahoo Plus. Photos, Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.