Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,288 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Christians , Please What's Your Take On This - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians , Please What's Your Take On This (12337 Views)

Nairaland Christians Please Explain These Images. Don't Run Away. / Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in / Christians!! Please Interpret Job12:5 Thank You :) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by Ranchhoddas: 10:55am On Jun 14, 2017
ilynem:

Of course there has been scientific leap since the days of the Bible. But that doesn't mean problems we face today do not have its roots in the BIble. For man to solve a problem he has to take a decision whether morally right of wrong. And there is no better moral guild than the word of God.
You can't find specific solutions to problems like global warming, but what you find can help influence your solution to that problem. Solutions that are morally correct and will benefit everyone. Even God knows you can't find specific solutions to those kind of problem, that's why He still speaks to us everyday. The Bible is not a manual that has all the solutions to the problems we have today, but it is a moral guild that helps shape the decisions we make in trying to solve that problem, so it is a pretty good place to start. Hence I said, the root of the solutions can be found in the word of God.
Oh please!

Hopefullandlord's comments on moral dilemmas must have eluded you. Some problems just do not have straightforward solutions. They often involve choosing the lesser of two evils.

The world is not just white or black. If it were so, many books, from the Vedas, to the Qur'an to the code of Hammurabi and the teachings of Confucius most of which predate the Bible would solve all the world's problems.

2 Likes

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:59am On Jun 14, 2017
analice107:

*coversmouthandwhispers* did you say intimacy gadgets and MOUTH ACTION? Is mouth action not sexual perversion? I believe it is.

I dont think these are extremes . Its like saying its morally wrong for a cripple to get a wheelchair .

Hmmm, but it's not really about sex per say oo. i mean i want to carry belle born pikin you see? How will intimacy gadgets get me pregnant. Okokobioko.

You can adopt grin .
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:03am On Jun 14, 2017
bennyann:

Do you expect gadgets to be used to make that blood convenant with a v woman?

Well not every Christian woman who newly weds is a virgin . I'm not sure its a big deal . Or is it ?

Can you tell me how vir.gins should survive that? maybe then I will know what to think.

Are you a virgin ? Its painful either way - manhood or intimacy gadget
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by hopefulLandlord: 11:17am On Jun 14, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

We shouldn't make sex a priority .
its a freaking priority!!!!
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:25am On Jun 14, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

its a freaking priority!!!!

Calm down bro . You are an atheist , hedonistic in nature . Its only pleasure that matters to you tongue grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by hopefulLandlord: 12:00pm On Jun 14, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Calm down bro . You are an atheist , hedonistic in nature . Its only pleasure that matters to you tongue grin

No! you absolutely have no idea what you're talking about

sex is a priority in marriage, atheist or Jainist doesn't matter

once sex goes early or mid marriage the likelihood of crash is very high

do you have any idea the kinda bonding that sex gives?

anyone who sees sex as not a priority in marriage is highly misguided

3 Likes

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by analice107: 12:23pm On Jun 14, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I dont think these are extremes . Its like saying its morally wrong for a cripple to get a wheelchair .

You can adopt grin .
If i had hysterectomy before marrying him, will he settle for adoption knowing he could have another woman give him kids?
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by analice107: 12:26pm On Jun 14, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

lost the virginity years down the line, used a condom
So, you went with your Mum? So have you ever got a girl pregnant to test your manliness?

When we were in Uni, it was a big deal among the guys. If girl hasn't told them "Am pregnant" even once, they begin to fidget. Am i man?

(Not Christian guys o).
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by bennyann: 12:33pm On Jun 14, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Well not every Christian woman who newly weds is a virgin . I'm not sure its a big deal . Or is it ?

Are you a virgin ? Its painful either way - manhood or intimacy gadget

I heard it's highly possible it won't be painful. It depends on the man though. And I know a lady who told me the day she lost hers and she said it wasn't painful when I asked her.

But I hate the idea of a gadget breaking the hymen. It's unimaginable...

With me I think I will leave him... I don't want to destroy my mind all because of another person's deceit.

There's a big probability I could have still ended up with him if he was honest. Such deceit, I despise.

But God forbid I meet such person.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by bennyann: 12:34pm On Jun 14, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

You can adopt grin .

Why the emoji after the adopt? I'm suspecting you ooo grin
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by ilynem(m): 1:27pm On Jun 14, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Oh please!

Hopefullandlord's comments on moral dilemmas must have eluded you. Some problems just do not have straightforward solutions. They often involve choosing the lesser of two evils.

The world is not just white or black. If it were so, many books, from the Vedas, to the Qur'an to the code of Hammurabi and the teachings of Confucius most of which predate the Bible would solve all the world's problems.
I initially didn't see brother Hope's comment. I will reply him right way. I agree with you, the World isn't white or black. But God isnt that simple either. Problems might be complex, But God is more complex.
Ever wondered why out of all these books you mentioned, the Bible is the still the most popular and relevant today? Majority of people in this world must be "deluded" then.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by ilynem(m): 2:05pm On Jun 14, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

actually, I'm not interested in your catfights, I just love when it pops up once in a while

secondly I've done this physically before and it usually leads to Christians adding an element to the dilemma to somehow solve them

eg, my neighbours daughter is shot and bleeding fast, my daughter is also shot but bleeding less fast, I call the ambulance and they said they'll be there in 20 minutes, my daughter has 50% chance of making it to that time while my neighbour's has 0% chance and I only have enough items to pressure one bullet wound

do I now take a 50% chance with my daughter by watching her bleed while I try to save my neighbour's or do I just save my daughter and let my neighbour's die

in my experience what a Christian would say they'll do is to pray to god for a miracle or something, basically adding some "miracle" thingy somewhere there

beneath all these however, the message is that these moral dilemmas have no "right" or "wrong" answers, or bible answers

now to buttress Ranchhoddas' point a bit more, the scenario I gave up there is VERY simple, its straightforward and you know fairly well the consequence of any option you chose

the UN however faces a million times worse, complex dilemmas that are also intertwined with so many other complex dilemmas which also leads to another complex dilemma that may also give birth to some other dilemma and it goes on and on till your brain starts heating up
Sorry i didnt see this post earlier. Your moral dilemma example is an interesting one. But can I ask a question? How do you measure the probability of both girls making it? In a serious situation like that, you tend to act on impulse and not even reason. And as a Christian, i can tell you that whenever I have been in a situation where I had to act impulsively, God has always helped me make the right decision. 1 Corinthians 12:9 says: And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
When we are the weakest that is when God shows His power. And many times I have had to act on what you will call "impulse" but I will call God's divine direction. And every time, I have made the right decision.
Now let is assume I have enough time to reason the consequences of any action I take at that point. Now I will point you to God's love. The kind of Love Jesus spoke about when He said Love your neighbor as yourself. I do not believe this law is same as "Do unto others what you want others to do unto you". I honestly (and correct me if I am wrong) that while the latter focuses on Karma, very similar to " what goes around comes around", the former is focused on pure sacrificial love. Same love Jesus showed when He gave himself as a ransom for people who didn't even like Him in the first place. And of we are to be like Christ, we need to adopt this pure sacrificial kind of love. Doing things not because we expect it to be done to us, but simply because it is the correct thing to do and Christ asked us to it. How does this solve our problem?
I am supposed to love my neighbor's daughter the exact same way I love myself, or I love my daughter. Now I don't even think many Christians will make this decision. I don't even think I would (if I had time to think and reason). But since my daughter has a greater chance of surviving, I should help my neighbor's daughter simply because I love the both of them the same. And I know my child has a greater chance of survival.
Oh! And let's I forget, miracles do happen grin grin

1 Like

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by hopefulLandlord: 3:00pm On Jun 14, 2017
analice107:

So, you went with your Mum? So have you ever got a girl pregnant to test your manliness?

When we were in Uni, it was a big deal among the guys. If girl hasn't told them "Am pregnant" even once, they begin to fidget. Am i man?

(Not Christian guys o).

I eventually got someone pregnant, but it wasn't to test manliness
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by analice107: 3:02pm On Jun 14, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I eventually got someone pregnant, but it wasn't to test manliness
At least now you know you can be a sir.
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by Ranchhoddas: 3:47pm On Jun 14, 2017
ilynem:

I initially didn't see brother Hope's comment. I will reply him right way. I agree with you, the World isn't white or black. But God isnt that simple either. Problems might be complex, But God is more complex.
Ever wondered why out of all these books you mentioned, the Bible is the still the most popular and relevant today? Majority of people in this world must be "deluded" then.
I am sure you must have heard this saying, "The sun never sets on the British Empire". Some centuries ago, the British held sway globally, their empire was so large that the sun literally did not set on it.

As they were expanding their empire, they took their Bible (which had been translated by a royal command), to the places they colonized. This is why the Bible is not the most popular book in places like the Middle East where the British did not conquer or India where there were resisted.

It is very laughable for anyone to insinuate that the popularity of the Bible is as a result of Divine orchestration. The Bible is the most popular book for the same reason that the English Language is the most popular language in the world. It is probably the same reason football is the most popular sport in the world.

Unless you want to tell me that English is God's approved language...
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by ilynem(m): 4:39pm On Jun 14, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
I am sure you must have heard this saying, "The sun never sets on the British Empire". Some centuries ago, the British held sway globally, their empire was so large that the sun literally did not set on it.

As they were expanding their empire, they took their Bible (which had been translated by a royal command), to the places they colonized. This is why the Bible is not the most popular book in places like the Middle East where the British did not conquer or India where there were resisted.

It is very laughable for anyone to insinuate that the popularity of the Bible is as a result of Divine orchestration. The Bible is the most popular book for the same reason that the English Language is the most popular language in the world. It is probably the same reason football is the most popular sport in the world.

Many people don't have the choice of language sir. As long as you are born in Nigeria, it is pertinent you know English so even if I decide to hate English today, I can't drop it. People have a choice of religion. I can decide tomorrow to throw my Bible away. But despite this " Choice" the Bible has remained and will continue to remain the most popular book in the world. And even though you won't admit it, its simply because of its potency and usefulness in today's world. Look at other books, they aren't applicable today. Even the Shariah of the Koran isn't compactable with today's modern world. But the Bible stands true. His word is the same, yesterday, today and forever.
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by felixomor: 6:14pm On Jun 14, 2017
Ranchhoddas:

Who told u english is the most popular language?

Besides britain didnt conquer south america,
The bible is popular there too.
How did that happen?

China is currently undergoing a massive Christian revival,
They were not conquered by the British.

Sometimes, the way you talk ia very funny.
You have no knowledge about the history of the bible at all.
The bible was not even written in English.
So was the koran and many other books.
All these other books have also been translated to english.

I wonder the way u talk sometimes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:03pm On Jun 14, 2017
bennyann:

Why the emoji after the adopt? I'm suspecting you ooo grin

But I'm innocent embarassed
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 14, 2017
felixomor:

How did that happen?

So was the koran and many other books.

south America --- Christianity spread through Spanish inquisition

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Inquisition
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 14, 2017
u
Ranchhoddas:
This is why I hate talking to you. You are very foolish and always eager to call people ignorant. Mandarin has more native speakers but English is by far the most popular. You are just too dumb to know the difference.

I would have loved to respond to the rest of your drivel but your stupidity has put me off.
Au Revoir.

LOL
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by felixomor: 8:17pm On Jun 14, 2017
proudafrogal:

south a media --- Christianity spread through Spanish inquisition

And what has that got to do with the british?
What has that got to do with English?

As i always say,
Please always read comments totally before replying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:18pm On Jun 14, 2017
proudafrogal:

south a media --- Christianity spread through Spanish inquisition

The Inquisition battled mostly heresy and Islam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 14, 2017
ilynem:

Many people don't have the choice of language sir. As long as you are born in Nigeria, it is pertinent you know English so even if I decide to hate English today, I can't drop it. People have a choice of religion. I can decide tomorrow to throw my Bible away. But despite this " Choice" the Bible has remained and will continue to remain the most popular book in the world. And even though you won't admit it, its simply because of its potency and usefulness in today's world. Look at other books, they aren't applicable today. Even the Shariah of the Koran isn't compactable with today's modern world. But the Bible stands true. His word is the same, yesterday, today and forever.

the Muslims claim the same about the Qur'an and the fact it has being in the same language without being translated into different translations, therefore it's miraculous according to them. who do you believe?
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by Ranchhoddas: 8:20pm On Jun 14, 2017
felixomor:

How did that happen?

So was the koran and many other books sad.

What are you on about?

English is by far the most popular language on Earth or do you live on Mars?

The fact that the British did not conquer South America further buttresses my point which is that colonialism and not Divine intervention is what is responsible for the Bible's popularity. The colonial powers like Britain, Spain and Portugal sold the Bible to their colonies. It is you who has to explain to me why your Bible is not popular in places like Saudi Arabia.

If China is undergoing a revival (whatever that means), then it mean that the Bible lied when it predicted that people will fall away in the last days (abi no be last days we dey so?).

In any case, your assertion of a Chinese revival is irrelevant to this discussion.

It is not enough to say a person lacks a knowledge of history, you have to demonstrate superior knowledge.

PS: You seem to have missed the parenthesis in my post.

1 Like

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 14, 2017
felixomor:

And what has that got to do with the british? What has that got to do with English?
As i always say, Please always read comments totally before replying.
south Americans are mostly Christians duh
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by felixomor: 8:23pm On Jun 14, 2017
proudafrogal:

south Americans are mostly Christians duh

You dont even have a bearing on what is being discussed.
Anyway, thanks for reinforcing the point i was trying to make to the person i was replying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by ilynem(m): 8:25pm On Jun 14, 2017
proudafrogal:

the Muslims claim the same about the Qur'an and the fact it has being in the same language without being translated into different translations, therefore it's miraculous according to them. who do you believe?
They can claim the Koran is "miraculous" if they like. I don't know their definition of a miracle but the fact something hasn't been translated into different languages doesn't make it a miracle. I have an English version on my phone so I don't even know what they are talking about.
Now I am talking about popularity. The Bible is way more popular and more read than any other book in the world. It is still compactable with today's society unlike the Koran. That's why the Muslims have to advocate for Sharia anywhere they dominate. Even in Nigeria, they still have heir Sharia courts in the law which honestly is a big joke in a circular country. Get my point miss?
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by Ranchhoddas: 8:27pm On Jun 14, 2017
ilynem:

I have told you the reason for the Bible's popularity, if it were as a result of potency as you aver, why are we not feeling this potency in Nigeria and Africa generally?

1 Like

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by ilynem(m): 8:30pm On Jun 14, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
I have told you the reason for the Bible's popularity, if it were as a result of potency as you aver, why are we not feeling this potency in Nigeria and Africa generally?
Romans 8:19.
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:35pm On Jun 14, 2017
bennyann:

I heard it's highly possible it won't be painful. It depends on the man though. And I know a lady who told me the day she lost hers and she said it wasn't painful when I asked her.

But I hate the idea of a gadget breaking the hymen. It's unimaginable...

With me I think I will leave him... I don't want to destroy my mind all because of another person's deceit.

There's a big probability I could have still ended up with him if he was honest. Such deceit, I despise.

But God forbid I meet such person.

Here's a more interesting case : What if your man's tool becomes dysfunctional after marriage . You know , there are so many medical cases of a broken penis and all that due to dangerous sex positions .

What will you do ?
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by felixomor: 8:38pm On Jun 14, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
What are you on about?

English is by far the most popular language on Earth or do you live on Mars?
When someone repeats ignorance intentionally
It is a problem.
Mandarin is more popular and spoken than English.
Educate yourself.

Ranchhoddas:

The fact that the British did not conquer South America further buttresses my point which is that colonialism and not Divine intervention is what is responsible for the Bible's popularity. The colonial powers like Britain, Spain and Portugal sold the Bible to their colonies. It is you who has to explain to me why your Bible is not popular in places like Saudi Arabia.
It doesnt butress your point.
You are now shifting goalpost from "brtish" to "colonial powers". I saw that.
Your point was britain took the bible to everyone.
Its a dull point.

So why did many colonial powers who were different from each other choose the bible over others?
The question falls back to you

Ranchhoddas:

If China is undergoing a revival (whatever that means), then it mean that the Bible lied when it predicted that people will fall away in the last days (abi no be last days we dey so?).
Ignorance ^^^
I always tell you, read the bible for yourself.
Dont argue blindly.

Acts 2:17 - And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Ranchhoddas:

In any case, your assertion of a Chinese revival is irrelevant to this discussion.
Nah, its not irrelevant.
Ybcos in another decade or more, when the bible has spread in China,
People like u will claim it is the British that took the bible there. Or u will shift goal post and say it is "colonial powers"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:47pm On Jun 14, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

do you have any idea the kinda bonding that sex gives?

According to your stories , you are promiscuous ; so tell me why haven't you strengthened the bond in your relationships with sex ?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Can I Refuse The Call Of God? / List Of Great Men That Fell In The Bible Because Of Women / Behold The Richest Pastors In Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.