Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,322 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Christians , Please What's Your Take On This - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians , Please What's Your Take On This (12389 Views)

Nairaland Christians Please Explain These Images. Don't Run Away. / Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in / Christians!! Please Interpret Job12:5 Thank You :) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by analice107: 9:22pm On Jun 12, 2017
Ishilove:
Lmao! Kai, you this woman ehn
Abi my sister.
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by analice107: 9:23pm On Jun 12, 2017
Ishilove:

That is why people should leave all these pre-wedding hullabaloo and focus on asking for God's will for them concerning marriage. There is no way He will allow you fall into such a trap if only you put him first.

It is usually when things have gone south that they remember God. When they start crying "God why me?", He will reply "I sent you to Nineveh but you went to Tarshish"
Very true. You can't follow Christ 'The Way' and miss your way.
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:52pm On Jun 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

not cervix

nah, there are women who are frigid and can't get excited for sex, there are those who don't actually like sex at all no matter how good the partner is, there are those who just see it as "necessary evil"

of course I admit they're rare but men who can't have an erection are rare too

Exactly . I don't think Analice107 needs to be afraid . Her cousin's case is one of the very few cases out there and the media always blows it out of proportion . A man should naturally have what it takes to satisfy a woman .
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by An0nimus: 11:45pm On Jun 12, 2017
analice107:

Thank your Mum for me jare. Many men are in Church looking for a godly sister while they have no fire behind them. He may just be using surrogacy as an excuse. I didn't even think of that.

My dear, If a man comes around you for marriage, no matter how Christian he is, and not even once attempting to touch you, babe run, it could be there's no fire. Let it be that we obey God in obedience applying self control than not attempting at all.

Me, i have learned, My Cousin met a man who screamed 'Bed Undefiled' more than anyone she knew, only to marry and discover cold bedroom.

They courted for 6months, not even once did he try to even pretend to touch her hand, but his christian character only was expressed in 'No sex before marriage', every other aspect, he was crude.

On wedding night, he was too tired, the days activities you know, she let him sleep. the second night, he brewed quarrel and slept off with his jeans and belt on.
6 months into marriage no show. This man won't bath together with his wife. He would pretend to go to poo, would bath from there.

One day my Cousin determined to rape her husband, lol. She was going to shout, "Have sex with me, am your wife", He broke down and started shedding crocodile tears. confessed that he couldn't. asked my sister to cover him and look outside. She said no, before God that would be adultery.

If i hear say...

@bolded I'm butting in half way so may not know what led to this post.

Are you saying that Christian women should flee from a brother who doesn't make any move at all under the guise of 'no sex before marriage'?
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by Ranchhoddas: 10:35am On Jun 13, 2017
ilynem:

The bolded is not nice. You asked a question, I gave you my honest reply, it is left for you to agree or disagree. Now I can't assume I am the UN secretary or a world leader because...well...I am not! No one knows the details of the Qatari-backed terrorism claim. If I was the UN secretary or a world leader, I might know everything that needs to be known in detail. It is these details that will inform my solution to the problem. And I am willing to bet that these solutions have their roots in the Bible. But I am an armchair spectator like you. And as an armchair spectator, I will take the "IF" stance. So I will say it again. If the Qatari government knew Jesus, they will know it wrong to fund terrorism. And this is basic fact even you can't dispute.
That was a compliment. Take your insecurity elsewhere.

The rest of your post is meaningless. If you replace Jesus with Buddha in your post you'd see that the results would be the same.
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by Ranchhoddas: 11:01am On Jun 13, 2017
bennyann:

Hmmm. I get your point.

But by what authority do you have to say it is unjustified
Your anger is not from a place of logic or rationality. Like the typical indoctrinated person, you are wired to react aggressively to anything you perceive to be against your understanding of the natural order of things.

Issues should be weighed on their merit and not on how they make you feel. You will always oppose abortion, surrogacy, LGBT, etc before hearing the other side. With time though, the least irrational among you will start to see reason and begin to soften their stance.

This is why we now see Christians becoming more liberal and tolerative of what they wouldn't have accepted in times past. The merit prevails eventually.

There are some people who would never break free though, these are the ones who see every scientific breakthrough as a sign of imminent rapture.

BVN for example is Satan's way of preparing to fight their God. They cannot be helped...

3 Likes

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by ilynem(m): 11:43am On Jun 13, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
That was a compliment. Take your insecurity elsewhere.

The rest of your post is meaningless. If you replace Jesus with Buddha in your post you'd see that the results would be the same.
But at least you now acknowledge that 2,000 year old text has solutions to all 21st century problems?
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by hopefulLandlord: 11:51am On Jun 13, 2017
ilynem:

But at least you now acknowledge that 2,000 year old text has solutions to all 21st century problems?

i think what he's asking is that how do you handle moral dilemma's? remember that solutions to world problems isn't that cut and dry and the UN are always between the devil and deep blue sea when it comes to policies and search for solutions

you can check out some simple moral dilemma examples online and see how you respond to such if they come up, then explain why your choice is "Christian" in nature

I may be getting Ranchhoddas wrong though
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by Ranchhoddas: 12:55pm On Jun 13, 2017
ilynem:

I thought you said you did not have all the details. How can you now prescribe a solution to a problem whose details you do not have?

Is this not irrational?
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by analice107: 12:56pm On Jun 13, 2017
An0nimus:

@bolded I'm butting in half way so may not know what led to this post.

Are you saying that Christian women should flee from a brother who doesn't make any move at all under the guise of 'no sex before marriage'?
Well, not all together. But am saying those who have no glory may likely not attempt at all. I stand to be corrected though.
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by Ranchhoddas: 12:58pm On Jun 13, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

i think what he's asking is that how do you handle moral dilemma's? remember that solutions to world problems isn't that cut and dry and the UN are always between the devil and deep blue sea when it comes to policies and search for solutions

you can check out some simple moral dilemma examples online and see how you respond to such if they come up, then explain why your choice is "Christian" in nature

You read me loud and clear.

The guy is just pretending not to understand.

1 Like

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by analice107: 12:58pm On Jun 13, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Exactly . I don't think Analice107 needs to be afraid . Her cousin's case is one of the very few cases out there and the media always blows it out of proportion . A man should naturally have what it takes to satisfy a woman .
The King, am not afriad o. The Lord won't let me meet such a man.

He says, "You shall serve me, and I shall bless you". That is His promise to me, and i believe my father.
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by ilynem(m): 3:17pm On Jun 13, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I have an idea brother Hope. You atheists love seeing us Christians get in a cat fight here in Nairaland as I have observed. Why don't you maybe open a thread with examples of these moral dilemmas? Then the Christians can try solving them using the Bible? Wouldn't that be fun?
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by ilynem(m): 3:19pm On Jun 13, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
You read me loud and clear.

The guy is just pretending not to understand.
This guy doesn't pretend sir. I just gave HopefulLandlord an idea. One that will help us tackle your question.
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by hopefulLandlord: 3:40pm On Jun 13, 2017
ilynem:

I have an idea brother Hope. You atheists love seeing us Christians get in a cat fight here in Nairaland as I have observed. Why don't you maybe open a thread with examples of these moral dilemmas? Then the Christians can try solving them using the Bible? Wouldn't that be fun?

actually, I'm not interested in your catfights, I just love when it pops up once in a while

secondly I've done this physically before and it usually leads to Christians adding an element to the dilemma to somehow solve them

eg, my neighbours daughter is shot and bleeding fast, my daughter is also shot but bleeding less fast, I call the ambulance and they said they'll be there in 20 minutes, my daughter has 50% chance of making it to that time while my neighbour's has 0% chance and I only have enough items to pressure one bullet wound

do I now take a 50% chance with my daughter by watching her bleed while I try to save my neighbour's or do I just save my daughter and let my neighbour's die

in my experience what a Christian would say they'll do is to pray to god for a miracle or something, basically adding some "miracle" thingy somewhere there

beneath all these however, the message is that these moral dilemmas have no "right" or "wrong" answers, or bible answers

now to buttress Ranchhoddas' point a bit more, the scenario I gave up there is VERY simple, its straightforward and you know fairly well the consequence of any option you chose

the UN however faces a million times worse, complex dilemmas that are also intertwined with so many other complex dilemmas which also leads to another complex dilemma that may also give birth to some other dilemma and it goes on and on till your brain starts heating up

1 Like

Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by Ranchhoddas: 6:30pm On Jun 13, 2017
ilynem:

Mankind has made great scientific leaps that the writers of the Bible could not have foreseen. In like manner, these advances come with problems on a scale that would have been unimaginable to them-- global warming, nuclear arms proliferation, cyber fraud, etc.

These problems are even out of the control of developing nations who love to carry the Bible more than any other.

It requires a very high level of fanaticism (read lunacy), to claim that the solutions to these problems lie in your 66-book compilation.

Even our pastor acting president is not tackling our problems biblically...
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by bennyann: 8:23pm On Jun 13, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Your anger is not from a place of logic or rationality. Like the typical indoctrinated person, you are wired to react aggressively to anything you perceive to be against your understanding of the natural order of things.

Issues should be weighed on their merit and not on how they make you feel. You will always oppose abortion, surrogacy, LGBT, etc before hearing the other side. With time though, the least irrational among you will start to see reason and begin to soften their stance.

This is why we now see Christians becoming more liberal and tolerative of what they wouldn't have accepted in times past. The merit prevails eventually.

There are some people who would never break free though, these are the ones who see every scientific breakthrough as a sign of imminent rapture.

BVN for example is Satan's way of preparing to fight their God. They cannot be helped...

I will act as though I understand you not.

I'm wired to react aggressively? I'm sure here on nairaland you've reacted more aggressively than me. So what are you saying?

I wasn't yet angry you used the word 'aggressive'. What would you then use to qualify me when I get angry? undecided

You better talk oo

And talking about merits, check my opinions again and tell me if it has no merit across all divides. Or did you see I was against science when it comes surrogation?

Let me even stop since I'm not a logical person. I'm so irrational. Oh my God! See my life embarassed
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by Ranchhoddas: 8:54pm On Jun 13, 2017
bennyann:

I will act as though I understand you not.

I'm wired to react aggressively? I'm sure here on nairaland you've reacted more aggressively than me. So what are you saying?

I wasn't yet angry you used the word 'aggressive'. What would you then use to qualify me when I get angry? undecided

You better talk oo

And talking about merits, check my opinions again and tell me if it has no merit across all divides. Or did you see I was against science when it comes surrogation?
An aggressive or hostile reaction is not necessarily an angry one. You are more accommodating than the average Nigerian Christian though so my comments may not fully apply to you.

Perhaps you have a liberal (probably atheistic) future...?
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by bennyann: 9:01pm On Jun 13, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
An aggressive or hostile reaction is not necessarily an angry one. You are more accommodating than the average Nigerian Christian though so my comments may not fully apply to you.

Your face Ranchhoddas. I reject it on my behalf.

You have no idea how long I've lived that way yet I know my boundaries.

Come (back) to Christ Ranchhoddas, whatever you get out there will not last long. It will be a big burden to your heart and peace that fades.
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by hopefulLandlord: 9:02pm On Jun 13, 2017
Ranchhoddas:

atheistic future, wow! that would be a massive victory for the Flying Spaghetti Monster
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by bennyann: 9:05pm On Jun 13, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

atheistic future, wow! that would be a massive victory for the Flying Spaghetti Monster

What should I do with you? sad
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by hopefulLandlord: 9:05pm On Jun 13, 2017
bennyann:

What should I do with you? sad
lol
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by bennyann: 9:15pm On Jun 13, 2017
Ishilove:

Hahaha! So you can have such a conversation with your mum? cheesy cheesy

Even at my age I can't o. It wee be too embarrassing for the both of us embarassed grin

Aaaaawwww.

While I'm here desiring a best friend aside my mum.

There's no conversation I don't have with her since the day she told me I shouldn't let any man insert his 'p' in my 'v' the very first day I saw my red flag.

But I'm trying to reduce it so I can behave like an adult I am grin

So you guys are the adults already cheesy
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by Ishilove: 9:24pm On Jun 13, 2017
bennyann:

Aaaaawwww.

While I'm here desiring a best friend aside my mum.

There's no conversation I don't have with her since the day she told me I shouldn't let any man insert his 'p' in my 'v' the very first day I saw my red flag.

But I'm trying to reduce it so I can behave like an adult I am grin

So you guys are the adults already cheesy
My mum will simply tell you not to allow any man 'foolish you' otherwise you will get 'big problem'. That's her own sex education cheesy

My dad will tell you he wasn't raised to have such awkward conversations. grin
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by bennyann: 9:30pm On Jun 13, 2017
analice107:

Thank your Mum for me jare. Many men are in Church looking for a godly sister while they have no fire behind them. He may just be using surrogacy as an excuse. I didn't even think of that.

My dear, If a man comes around you for marriage, no matter how Christian he is, and not even once attempting to touch you, babe run, it could be there's no fire. Let it be that we obey God in obedience applying self control than not attempting at all.

Me, i have learned, My Cousin met a man who screamed 'Bed Undefiled' more than anyone she knew, only to marry and discover cold bedroom.

They courted for 6months, not even once did he try to even pretend to touch her hand, but his christian character only was expressed in 'No sex before marriage', every other aspect, he was crude.

On wedding night, he was too tired, the days activities you know, she let him sleep. the second night, he brewed quarrel and slept off with his jeans and belt on.
6 months into marriage no show. This man won't bath together with his wife. He would pretend to go to poo, would bath from there.

One day my Cousin determined to rape her husband, lol. She was going to shout, "Have sex with me, am your wife", He broke down and started shedding crocodile tears. confessed that he couldn't. asked my sister to cover him and look outside. She said no, before God that would be adultery.

If i hear say...

Sis, That's a very good advise which we Christians ignore mostly. I know it's a very unique advice because I've heard cases of such in some churches also.

A woman was thought to be barren for years because of such issue. But she couldn't speak out because she doesn't want to feel embarrassed and that's because the husband lavished her with money and luxurious lifestyle that makes her flaunt around until she couldn't take it anymore when she saw her younger siblings giving birth and she attends the kids birthdays. On such a birthday, that was how she broke down in tears since she couldn't take it anymore and told her family her husband is impotent. And that's after forcing her way to find out why he hasn't been making love to her after a year or so.

What about a case, where the man was the victim. A certain lady has no vag.ina opening and the family of the lady and the lady herself kept it from the knowledge of the man, the pastor and the marriage committee till the husband find out after he took her to the altar.

But what do we do in this case so as to make sure we do not defile the bed whilst trying to be sure he is a man down there?

But one thing I'm sure of is this, God wouldn't lead us into a ditch if we allow Him to be a lamp to our feet and a light to our path.

And I remember you once said he reveals these evil people to you before such thing will happen.

We'll do our part in a godly way and leave the rest to God.
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by bennyann: 9:32pm On Jun 13, 2017
Ishilove:

My mum will simply tell you not to allow any man 'foolish you' otherwise you will get 'big problem'. That's her own sex education cheesy

My dad will tell you he wasn't raised to have such awkward conversations. grin

Typical African family. cheesy

You know that kind of training makes one come out stronger.
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by An0nimus: 9:34pm On Jun 13, 2017
analice107:

Well, not all together. But am saying those who have no glory may likely not attempt at all. I stand to be corrected though.

Okay, I see. It's easy to see that post as an endorsement of those who may want to test drive before marrying.
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by bennyann: 9:41pm On Jun 13, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Yeah Good points . If that's the case then there should be medical examinations that would test the potency of the man's tool . The woman can go through results to know if she is satisfied with his condition .

Just perfect. But what if someone played 419 with the medical results because there are cases like that?
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by hopefulLandlord: 9:43pm On Jun 13, 2017
My dad said If I get any teenage girl pregnant I'll be disowned and thrown out of the house with the pregnant teenager

my mum however said I should be careful not to lose my virginity but I should make sure to use a CD if the temptation becomes too much to bear so that I won't fall afoul of Dad's sex ed law grin

I was freaking confused, not scared, confused
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by Ranchhoddas: 9:48pm On Jun 13, 2017
bennyann:

Your face Ranchhoddas. I reject it on my behalf.

You have no idea how long I've lived that way yet I know my boundaries.

Come (back) to Christ Ranchhoddas, whatever you get out there will not last long. It will be a big burden to your heart and peace that fades.
Come to the FSM dear. Let the Jew be.

How long you've lived what way?
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by Ranchhoddas: 9:52pm On Jun 13, 2017
smiley
hopefulLandlord:

There will be massive celebrations in FSM heaven over one Bennyann that repents.
Re: Christians , Please What's Your Take On This by Ishilove: 9:54pm On Jun 13, 2017
bennyann:

Typical African family. cheesy

You know that kind of training makes one come out stronger.
Indeed it does smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why / Speech By King Leopold Ii Of Belgium Delivered In 1883 / Have You Seen This Kind Of Leg Before - PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.