Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US (57480 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu And Wife, Uchechi Okwu Pictured In Bed (Photos, Video) / Hammed Ali's Handshake With A Female Customs Officer (Pictured) / "My Encounter With Abba Kyari, Nigeria's Crime Buster" - Journalist Shares Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US by dainformant(m): 7:46am On Jun 11, 2017
The Special Intelligence Response Team IRT in Abuja headed by the most celebrated and intelligent Detective ACP Abba Kyari - has received a lot of praises from Nigerians following recent crackdowns on notorious criminal elements in various parts of the country. The gallant officer, Abba Kyari is pictured in the United States during a vacation.

Abba Kyari, who has been labelled 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' due to his effort in bringing high-profile hoodlums to justice - was the officer who led to the capture of Henry Chibueze, notoriously known as “Vampire” and also Nigeria's most brilliant kidnapper, Evans who is said to have made billions in the course of kidnapping.

At 41, Abba Kyari is not just the youngest high-ranking police officer in Nigeria, but is said to be one of the most hardworking.

Apart from his success in Lagos as head of SARS for four years, Kyari led the team that helped when the mother of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, then finance minister was abducted in Ogwuashi-Uku in Delta state. Jide Ojo, better known as Marvelous, Buhari Hamadola, Hassan Oseni, Micheal Ojeabulu,Endurance Eke and Ibrahim Abubakar were all arrested.

He is also linked to the arrest of Olanrewaju John, also called Pastor, Okunola Saheed and Saheed Adekunle after they attacked a bureau de change in the Murtala Mohammed Airport, Ikeja, Lagos, in 2013.

CSP. Abba Kyari also led the Special Intelligence Response Team (SIRT) of the Lagos state Police command, that rescued the 3 abducted school girls in Ikorodu on March 6th, 2017 has met with Lagos state governor, Akinwunmi Ambode who expressed his gratitude after the rescue operation.

As a result of his hardwork, Kyari has won many awards including the IGP Commendation Award for Courage 2012, 2013, 2014. He has also won the Governor’s Award for Gallantry, Leadership and Service excellence 2011, 2012, 2013.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/06/abba-kyari-special-intelligence-response-team-irt.html

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US by dainformant(m): 7:47am On Jun 11, 2017
cc; lalasticlala
Re: Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 11, 2017
He's not a counterintelligence officer of any kind let's be objective in our praise worshiping, he's a POLICEMAN who is doing his job.

To those who have refused to understand that this comparison to a "Non-Police" TV character is weak and believe I'm prejudiced...Happy Sunday.

grin grin grin grin

Ad corrigendum

So let's compare...(Bad Belle and Prejudice [Whatever this word means to Nairalanders] Mode Activated)

Jack Bauer (Fictional TV Character)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Bauer

Abba Kyari (AY-3)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Abba_Kyari/sandbox/Profile

50 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 11, 2017
More bullets to his Ak..

10 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US by emeijeh(m): 7:51am On Jun 11, 2017
Where is the IDGAF crew?

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US by bigtt76(f): 7:52am On Jun 11, 2017
Nice one but hope his colleagues won't set him up to be killed one day undecided

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 11, 2017
What a remarkable and captivating story.

Now let us join hands together and fry custard.

22 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US by MrBONE2(m): 7:58am On Jun 11, 2017
The Slayer of Nigerian underworld Gangs. grin

24 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US by kolafolabi(m): 8:20am On Jun 11, 2017
He needs not to show his Family for security purpose.

133 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US by Nnamdiojukwu: 8:23am On Jun 11, 2017
2nd to comment is already hating cos the guy is from the north.
Them for called him arinze or okeke.

17 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US by nerodenero: 8:24am On Jun 11, 2017
I won't forget Abba Kyari, the Policeman for his heroics with the Nigeria Police and another Abba Kyari, the COS to the President for being the Head of Cabals. Just a matter of time before COS is forgotten forever. What will you be remembered?

5 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US by jasawa: 8:36am On Jun 11, 2017
BroZuma:
He's not a counterintelligence officer of any kind let's be objective in our praise worshiping, he's a policeman doing his job will be a good start.
You see your wasted life? the man is discharging his job diligently by eliminating criminals from the society the least you should do is to appreciate his effort by putting his life on the line. Oh i remember he is a northerner, but if he is from the south east by now you guy would have shouted bravery is in our blood. What a pathetic liars.

128 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US by Pavore9: 8:38am On Jun 11, 2017
I strongly believe there is tight security around his home because criminal elements are not happy with him.

The daughter on the far left is his photocopy! cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US by doctokwus: 8:42am On Jun 11, 2017
A competent police officer making the police proud and doing professional police work.
However,Kyari headed SARS in Lagos for some years and many av a tale to tell of IKeja SARS headquarters which he headed being a torture chamber,a compound of extrajudicial killings,apart for their notoriety for planting weapons & other incriminating evidence on many innocent victims just to criminalize,exaggerate and extort money from them or their families.
From his recent exploits,Kyari seems to av divested himself of that severally narrated stories of the sordid goings-on in Ikeja SARS which he headed and indeed most SARS formations till date,showing similar or even better results can b gotten if professional policing and investigating are done without d torture,evidence planting and extrajudicial killings that still pervades the force.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US by Nutase: 8:54am On Jun 11, 2017
Next.
Re: Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 11, 2017
jasawa:
You see your wasted life? the man is discharging his job diligently by eliminating criminals from the society the least you should do is to appreciate his effort by putting his life on the line. Oh i remember he is a northerner, but if he is from the south east by now you guy would have shouted bravery is in our blood. What a pathetic liars.

grin grin grin grin
Are you intellectually disadvantaged?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 11, 2017
The jack Bauer I know died in one imo state Bank robbery. A Mobile police

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US by VickyRotex(f): 9:42am On Jun 11, 2017
Jack kini? He even looks like Jack Bauer. cool

Okay, So his wife is Teri or Audrey? embarassed Where's Kim? And who is, his own Chloe? tongue

12 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US by hedonistic: 9:43am On Jun 11, 2017
I am worried.

1 Like

Re: Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US by kehnnny(m): 9:43am On Jun 11, 2017
kolafolabi:
He needs not to show is family for security purpose...
Exactly....he thinks all the family and friends Of the Pple he arrested will be happy with him.....his kids are even still small

7 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US by buchilino(m): 9:44am On Jun 11, 2017
IF DIS GUY IS 41, THEN I MUST BE 12.

3 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US by Ida09(f): 9:44am On Jun 11, 2017
Na real jack baeur
Re: Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US by sapientia(m): 9:44am On Jun 11, 2017
Re: Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US by samtee37(m): 9:46am On Jun 11, 2017
Impressive

1 Like

Re: Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 11, 2017
BroZuma:
He's not a counterintelligence officer of any kind let's be objective in our praise worshiping, he's a policeman doing his job will be a good start.

They are just being Nigerians! smh for them.

2 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 11, 2017
In as much as i commend him for his achievements, i think the way we praise people doing their job in Nigeria is disgusting undecided

He is just a GOOD policeman, simple!

Comparing him to Jack Bauer is an insult on the later sad

50 of his type cant compare to Jack QED!

4 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 11, 2017
1stCitizen:

They are just being Nigerians! smh for them.

Your head dey there;

One intellectually bereft dude just jumped into my mention without understanding what I meant.
Re: Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US by AleeDee(m): 9:47am On Jun 11, 2017
Know him wella in lagos in our neighborhood (dnt tink I'll giv full details cos of security reasons). I can say d guy is not ordinary, if u knw wat i mean
Re: Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US by emmadejust(m): 9:48am On Jun 11, 2017
shocked that's interesting to know his prowess

grin grin captain underpant

Re: Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 11, 2017
Strong man

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ella Ada Celebrates Nigeria At 60 (Photos) / EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae / Somto Akunyili Set To Wed: Pre-Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.