Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,393 members, 7,812,157 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? (5801 Views)

I Had Sex With Her The Same Day I Met Her And She's Asking For / A Man Who Helps Ladies Without Asking For Sex In Return Is Called? / My Boyfriend Is Asking For My Facebook Logging Details, What Should I Do?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? by freepop: 6:18pm On Jun 18, 2017
So, I've been in a serious relationship with her for almost two years and now we're considering marriage at least in the next two years.

I've disclosed some of investments, interests and plans to her. But she's been pestering to know my account balance, always asking for how much I have or even an estimate.

I'm really getting pistes with her endless requests.

NB: She's an Igbo lady less than 25, I'm a Yoruba guy less than 30. She's the only child. Her mum feels Yoruba dudes are uncaring and poor, she's been on the verge of cutting off the whole relationship and I think this one only way she wants to finally size me up and decide on the next line of man to pick up.

What do you think and advice?
Re: Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? by dingbang(m): 6:21pm On Jun 18, 2017
Never ever in your entire life reveal your bank balance to someone who you aren't married to.. Let alone your wife.

Bank statement is confidential

15 Likes

Re: Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? by ojun50(m): 6:25pm On Jun 18, 2017
dingbang:
Never ever in your entire life reveal your bank balance to someone who you aren't married to.. Let alone your wife.

i will advice u to be careful.... That ladies is nt meant for u

4 Likes

Re: Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? by whitebeard(m): 6:26pm On Jun 18, 2017
dingbang:

u joking right

1 Like

Re: Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? by aiir2303(m): 6:26pm On Jun 18, 2017
Think I agree with the guy above. So to her it's all about the money. What happens when there's none

2 Likes

Re: Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? by dingbang(m): 6:27pm On Jun 18, 2017
ojun50:

i will advice u to be careful.... That ladies is nt meant for u
excuse me.. what did you just type? Does it even make sense?
Re: Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? by dingbang(m): 6:28pm On Jun 18, 2017
whitebeard:
u joking right
I am not joking...
Re: Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? by whitebeard(m): 6:30pm On Jun 18, 2017
dingbang:
I am not joking...
how can u not tell your wife your account details
Re: Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? by eezeribe(m): 6:31pm On Jun 18, 2017
freepop:
So, I've been in a serious relationship with her for almost two years and now we're considering marriage at least in the next two years.

I've disclosed some of investments, interests and plans to her. But she's been pestering to know my account balance, always asking for how much I have or even an estimate.

NB: She's an Igbo lady less than 25, I'm a Yoruba guy less than 30. She's the only child. Her mum feels Yoruba dudes are uncaring and poor, she's been on the verge of cutting off the whole relationship and I think this one only way she wants to finally size me up and decide on the next line of man to pick up.

Let her go if she wants to.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? by dingbang(m): 6:33pm On Jun 18, 2017
whitebeard:
how can u not tell your wife your account details
why should you. .? Its a private thing

1 Like

Re: Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? by pizzylee(m): 6:34pm On Jun 18, 2017
cos she is d voice in an atm DAT says 'thank you for banking with us'

6 Likes

Re: Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? by whitebeard(m): 6:35pm On Jun 18, 2017
dingbang:
why should you. .? Its a private thing
no it not, especially when u are married

1 Like

Re: Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? by defolman(m): 6:40pm On Jun 18, 2017
whitebeard:
no it not, especially when u are married
But they are not yet married naw

1 Like

Re: Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? by ikeepitreal(m): 6:42pm On Jun 18, 2017
she needs it,for the embassy. she's applying for a visa with you as the Associate sponsor.

1 Like

Re: Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? by whitebeard(m): 6:43pm On Jun 18, 2017
defolman:

But they are not yet married naw
that one is okay

1 Like

Re: Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? by sleeknick: 6:43pm On Jun 18, 2017
E wan kee u.... angry
Re: Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? by crismark(m): 6:49pm On Jun 18, 2017
op pls and pls leave dat idiot...dats hw my Igbo sisters behave dis days. all dey tink about is moni without even struggling to make their own although there re exceptions sha. b4 u let her go humiliate her by asking her to show u her own bank statement you'll see hw broke she is..

1 Like

Re: Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? by tolajay: 6:52pm On Jun 18, 2017
grin grin grin grin

ikeepitreal:
she needs it,for the embassy.
she's applying for a visa with you as the Associate sponsor.
Re: Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? by freepop: 6:52pm On Jun 18, 2017
Update: Babe just chat me up asking if I can sponsor her to complete her undergraduate programme after which we'll get wedded.

Obviously, my answer is NO! Cos the marriage isn't set and cast in stone already.

I can't come and carry responsibility wey pass me. If her papa no fit give her basic education, must she Lord it over me?

Wetin una think o jare?

NB: Thank you for the responses so far.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? by OKUCHI11(m): 7:02pm On Jun 18, 2017
she might d info to EVANS OOO
dingbang:

she might leak d info to EVANS & CO

1 Like

Re: Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? by MrCork: 7:09pm On Jun 18, 2017
freepop:

..bro..IBO girls here in London all ways ask for yorrr bank statement b4 they give u their phone nombar.....they say it's their tradition....had to show one nnkechi girl my nombar b4 I get ordddnarrrry kiss!!!)true story) angry

1 Like

Re: Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? by kozmicity: 7:14pm On Jun 18, 2017
Waiting for a girl's comment
Re: Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? by teehamzat(m): 7:40pm On Jun 18, 2017
freepop:
Update: Babe just chat me up asking if I can sponsor her to complete her undergraduate programme after which we'll get wedded.

Obviously, my answer is NO! Cos the marriage isn't set and cast in stone already.

I can't come and carry responsibility wey pass me. If her papa no fit give her basic education, must she Lord it over me?

Wetin una think o jare?

She wee use and dump you like menstrual pad cheesy
Never reveal ur bank details to your woman either married or unmarried, she'd size the Bleep outta your life cry

1 Like

Re: Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? by mikeade11(m): 7:42pm On Jun 18, 2017
Wire wire
Re: Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 18, 2017
freepop:

she is looking for the boy with #30billi for akaant grin
freepop:

she is looking for the boy with #30billi for akaant
Re: Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? by Apina(m): 9:32pm On Jun 18, 2017
freepop:

Wetin una think o jare?

See the way Ur village people want make u go score own goal grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? by jaymichael(m): 10:20pm On Jun 18, 2017
freepop:

Wetin una think o jare?

she get someone giving her wrong advice and ideas. When the bank statement didn't work, she used the sponsorship of her education as the next bait. You gave her the PERFECT ANSWER. Just leave that relationship and look for better girl to avoid one kain story later.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? by freepop: 10:30pm On Jun 18, 2017
Exactly, my point. It was obvious there were some external influences she couldn't withstand. I've asked several times if she feels pressurised. She's no. But I know that isn't the case.

I just tire for the whole wahala.

jaymichael:
she get someone giving her wrong advice and ideas. When the bank statement didn't work, she used the sponsorship of her education as the next bait. You gave her the PERFECT ANSWER. Just leave that relationship and look for better girl to avoid one kain story later.
Re: Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? by freepop: 10:35pm On Jun 18, 2017
cheesy grin grin Now this is epic cos she jokingly asked me about having N30billion in my account.

I just smiled, say na from joke we dey sabi true talk oooo.

I tap myself say, bros, you can't cope with this.

she is looking for the boy with #30billi for akaant ;Dshe is looking for the boy with #30billi for akaant
Re: Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? by Princeboca12(m): 10:38pm On Jun 18, 2017
freepop:

she wants to kidnap u. She maybe Ecas sister. Kikiki
Re: Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? by freepop: 10:44pm On Jun 18, 2017
Lol! This one weak me ooo.

Is it a thing with Igbo girls or just a personality make-up or orientation to life?

MrCork:

..bro..IBO girls here in London all ways ask for yorrr bank statement b4 they give u their phone nombar.....they say it's their tradition....had to show one nnkechi girl my nombar b4 I get ordddnarrrry kiss!!!)true story) angry
Re: Why Is My 'girlfriend' Asking For My Bank Statement? by freepop: 11:00pm On Jun 18, 2017
I'm just startled by her sudden reactions and pestering. I was thinking she was a more mature lady who could appreciate my struggles and plug into the future but all she's looking for is a made guy with all romantic rims, spiritual muscles and all her fantasised attributes, hence, my been too open with her on some of my investments and career plans.

Was asking if she knew the reason most Igbo guys marry quite late/aged, and she said because they go all out looking for so much money to come marry their Igbo wives, cos marrying an Igbo lady is a lifetime spending and it's really expensive. For her, she's even more expensive, being the only child. My response was, does that make you any better than other ladies from multiple families abi what return on investment do I get from that. It just doesn't make any financial and futuristic sense to me spending so much on wedding/woman, when there are loads of generational investments one could make.

Unfortunately, she's from a low class family, but she's simply jumping out of herself. Anyway, na all the best cos I know the beans must be spilled sooner than later.

Meanwhile, I want to believe that her actions aren't enough to generalise that all Igbo girls are like this,
especially when they're in a relationship with Yoruba boys.

I love Igbo ladies but at this point, man must rethink his steps ooooo. Make I go meet my ofe manu sisters grin

crismark:
op pls and pls leave dat idiot...dats hw my Igbo sisters behave dis days. all dey tink about is moni without even struggling to make their own although there re exceptions sha. b4 u let her go humiliate her by asking her to show u her own bank statement you'll see hw broke she is..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Girlfriend Texts Boyfriend She Shaved Her Head (Photos) / Checkout This Viral Unclad Birthday Photo-shoot / What Have You Bought This Year That Was A Waste Of Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.