Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,459 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

How Would You Handle Obsession ? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Would You Handle Obsession ? (10726 Views)

How Do You Handle A Woman With Hot Temper / How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? / How Will You Handle A Feud Between An Ex Boyfriend And A Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Would You Handle Obsession ? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 27, 2010
Guys, dis Electra girl can lie. Firstly from her post. You exchange number with someone u don't know, secondly howq did he get info of your facebook. thirdly not in dis Naija we dey someone guy go won die for your door step. 90 percent of beauty plus beautiful * pretty to give total result of cute Naija ladies are ready to go any lenght with you advantage is that the guy's got a car. Another thing is that you are so fuckin dump that your don't have any male friend or relative that his number will be available. All the numbers you have in your cell number is un-reachable abi. Hey abegi carry your silly post off nairaland, we've had enough of untruthful stories like yours here.
Re: How Would You Handle Obsession ? by SistaSolja: 5:07pm On Jan 27, 2010
[list]
[li]change ur number[/li]
[li]have someone with you when you go out, don't leave the house alone[/li]
[li]make sure people around you know about the situation so they can watch out for him[/li]
[li]report to the police if you can[/li]
[/list]
Re: How Would You Handle Obsession ? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 27, 2010
i too find the story dodgy

naija boys imho have not advanced to oyinbo wackiness like stalking

ever since then he calls me like 20 times a day

the guy must have PAPER to call you 20 times a day

i got back home from school hours ago only for me to see a threatening note by my doorste

more weirdness. where exactly do you live? most nigerian students share apartments - and there is almost always someone around - i find it hard to believe the guy can engage in all thsi wackiness without your room/flat/hostelmates intervening

abegi
Re: How Would You Handle Obsession ? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 27, 2010
oyb:

more weirdness. where exactly do you live? most nigerian students share apartments - and there is almost always someone around - i find it hard to believe the guy can engage in all thsi wackiness without your room/flat/hostelmates intervening

abegi

You're sure? cheesy
Re: How Would You Handle Obsession ? by bkbaybe99: 6:04pm On Jan 27, 2010
I was about to pick holes in the young lady's stories too. Wut wit all the :"the guy obviously got paper so he don't need to stalk u"; "he got a car so he could get any girl";"he got money to call u 20 times a day so he could as well get any gal"; "Nigerian guys haven't graduted to stalkn"; "stalking is a foreign trait" defenses we starting to see! Last I checked Mutallab was also rich, suicide bombing was alien to Nigeria, and he could also get any ho he wanted, yet he decided to blow his nuts into the next millenium!
Re: How Would You Handle Obsession ? by spikedcylinder: 6:13pm On Jan 27, 2010
My point exactly.
If he's decent and comfortable, girls won't even give him the time to stalk? Who you be?
'Threatening notes, suave moves, I'd die if I'm not with you'. . . . . .for where?!?!?! Naija guys don waka! cheesy
Re: How Would You Handle Obsession ? by elecktra(f): 6:14pm On Jan 27, 2010
oyb:

urgh !!!!!! who says stalking has anything to do with your skin colour ?? and please we all know how cheap it is to make short calls to the

same network esp if its within the same proximity . . . . most not all i stay alone in my room but i have neighbours and i alerted my next door neighbour he

told me to relax that they were empty threats. did you miss the "my friend's boyfriend and his friends are at my place waiting for him to show up" see i cant

be playing over and over like a cracked music box jare
Re: How Would You Handle Obsession ? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 27, 2010
bk_baybe99:

I was about to pick holes in the young lady's stories too. Wut wit all the :"the guy obviously got paper so he don't need to stalk u"; "he got a car so he could get any girl";"he got money to call u 20 times a day so he could as well get any gal"; "Nigerian guys haven't graduted to stalkn"; "stalking is a foreign trait" defenses we starting to see!  Last I checked Mutallab was also rich, suicide bombing was alien to Nigeria, and he could also get any ho he wanted, yet he decided to blow his nuts into the next millenium!

opata - mutallab was bred and buttered abroad .

who says stalking has anything to do with your skin colour

slow thinker - i am not referring to skin colour - i am referring to culture. all that stuff like turning pop stars to idols etc, has not yet come to naija. whatever social factors there are that make people obssess over others to the extent of calling them 20 times a day, going to their houses to drop notes etal - naija is definetely not yet there.

and please we all know how cheap it is to make short calls to the same network esp if its within the same proximity

are u sure you're in naija? abegi - student ? the guy has to be wadded to be making calls anyhow - if u'd said falshing that might have been more realistic (too late now) and if teh guy is wadded - the chicks will be all over him - no need to be stalking
Re: How Would You Handle Obsession ? by MyJoe: 6:44pm On Jan 27, 2010
bawomolo:

i doubt u would find it so funny if the story was true. stalking isn't funny.

Milla's scenario certainly is funny. Had me laughing, too!
Re: How Would You Handle Obsession ? by MyJoe: 6:54pm On Jan 27, 2010
spikedcylinder:

My point exactly.
If he's decent and comfortable, girls won't even give him the time to stalk? Who you be?
'Threatening notes, suave moves, I'd die if I'm not with you'. . . . . .for where?!?!?! Naija guys don waka! cheesy

Everyone making this point is unmindful of the fact this fellow might have a mental problem, which, according to the director of Yaba Psychiatric Hospital, is rising at alarming proportions in Nigeria. sad This last December I saw a lady close to me stalked. We tricked the guy into coming around and when confronted (with unfriendly stares only) he begged for forgiveness. After that day he then started to calling SEVERAL TIMES A DAY . . . to do what? To apologise to her and explain that he was not a bad person! It took a few more clever moves to wean him of the little addiction.

By the way, I am making on observation on that particular fact, not asserting that OP is true or not.
Re: How Would You Handle Obsession ? by deevuu(m): 7:48pm On Jan 27, 2010
now i really had to read thru evry post, and really, i cant help but laff, my friends here think im crazy, cuz im laffin my brains out, whew!!!!!, grin grin grin grin grin, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, ok nw im composed, whew!!!, loooooooooooll, ok, bk to d topic, i find this hard to biliv, a nija guy stalkin u, wer u schoolin?, OFA POLY OR IRE POLY OR OWO POLY, BETA get ur act togeda babes,
Re: How Would You Handle Obsession ? by firedancer(f): 7:57pm On Jan 27, 2010
undecided
Re: How Would You Handle Obsession ? by ginky: 8:11pm On Jan 27, 2010
Sam miller-u are 1 hell of a funny character. @poster-nt dat i dont bliv u,bt,y du u liv alone? Atleast,wat of a room mate? Its hard to undastand y it seems tins are some how in ur case. U dont hav close male friends. U didn't col ur parents bt ur broda. WHY? Anyway, if it's true,den,i feel 4 u. 4 dose of u sayn dat a 9ja guy cant stalk, u are on a long tin. Wud any of u hav blivd dat a stinkingly rich 9ja guy wud attempt 2 bomb a plane? I bet u all wud hav said "how can,its jus nt posibul"
Re: How Would You Handle Obsession ? by slap1(m): 9:40pm On Jan 27, 2010
Your gates were well locked and he couldn't get in! Where the hell do you live as a student in Naija? Your story is as fake and unconvincing as those of Nairaland's Woye77.
Re: How Would You Handle Obsession ? by shooze: 10:07pm On Jan 27, 2010
why is her story so hard to believe . A colleague of mine gave out my number and now the guy waits for me after work . he has also changed to my church and on sunday practically tailed me to a friends place flashing his car light behind me all the way. Some pple and i mean both male and female dont actually know when to stop. In his case i had to call him and threaten him b4 he backed down.
Re: How Would You Handle Obsession ? by NnamdiN: 10:57pm On Jan 27, 2010
I wish the victim were my sister or anybody I know.One single weirdo,facing 16guys(cousins included and all residing in aba)would be fun coz he wouldn't make it alive.4 long now we've been looking 4 "trouble",my sister if you're in aba,send me his address and prepare 4 his burial in 2hrs time.NO DULL YOURSELF
Re: How Would You Handle Obsession ? by woye77: 11:02pm On Jan 27, 2010
slap1:

Your gates were well locked and he couldn't get in! Where the hell do you live as a student in Naija? Your story is as fake and unconvincing as those of Nairaland's Woye77.
cry cry :'
Re: How Would You Handle Obsession ? by SamMilla1(m): 11:04pm On Jan 27, 2010
yea, we get us a town crier here now.
Re: How Would You Handle Obsession ? by enroe(m): 12:17am On Jan 28, 2010
I know you guys wont believe this but i believe this is his own fake way of getting down with a woman. they are all empty threats. trust me on this HE CANT DO NOTHING TO YOU.
Re: How Would You Handle Obsession ? by Stancode(m): 12:50am On Jan 28, 2010
There is only one solution to dis. D reason y dat idiot of a guy is disturbin u is b'cos of ur beauty. 1st give urself a triba mark three line on each check n pull off 2 of ur canine teeth then u'll look ugly n dat idiot will stop disturb ur life. Pls do as i say. 2nd he is jst an emty drum he can't do anything if he continues send a SOLDIER 2 him n he will regret d day he met u. But i suspect dat guy is a cultist since u said u met him in skool. Pls inform ur VC,PARENT & SOLDIER(not Police). If u live close 2 me Lagos(Ikorodu) inform me n i'll deal wit him. Pls do not panic n b calm n nothing will happen 2 U. [color=#000099][/color]
Re: How Would You Handle Obsession ? by MsTom(f): 1:17am On Jan 28, 2010
Good to know you are safe for tonite. I wondered how he found out your addy. First of all, block all contacts with him. Have a male friend or your brother talk some sense to him- if possible threathen him with the police. All you need do is give them money. They'll follow them to deal with the guy. Meanwhile, remain out of contact with the guy. Dont worry. He is just trying to frighthen you in a relationship and you can imagine the kind of relationship that would be.

For those who dont believe stuffs like that happen in naija, it does. Some guys can be obsessive.
Re: How Would You Handle Obsession ? by Godopinion: 2:56am On Jan 28, 2010
give am that thing,may be he go waka or he go come back for more if he finds your thing to be okay and you will continue to give am untill your thing worn out. grin grin grin grin
On a more serious note you need to sit him down and talk,this your hidding in your room when his around and been afraid to come outside will not solve your problem.
Re: How Would You Handle Obsession ? by CHAIRMAN1(m): 4:30am On Jan 28, 2010
Electro, must you start a thread.
This story sound's so fake! Being a Nigerian, i can detect a lot of loop holes in your story. Na real format u de drop here, infact i recommend you for YAHOO-YAHOO.
Abi u be queen elizabeth or mammy water whey the guy go de stalk you like that?
As pretty as u r, u dont even have any influential male you can call to help you Choi.

Go get a job, stop cooking up cock and bull stories just in the name of starting an interesting thread.
The guy even has a Honda Car. It's only in a place like the states such can happen.

WARNING: Stop Starting unecessary threads angry
Re: How Would You Handle Obsession ? by Nobody: 7:51am On Jan 28, 2010
I really cannt read up every post but make sure you reveal his identity here and let him know. His name, Phone number, Description if possible his picture. He will ja, when he knows the whole Nairaland is aware of what he's doing. Although what he's doing is seductive sha o. I'm sure u must have turned a lot of good guys down. anyhow seek caution, reveal his identity here. Except u have a hidden agenda too.
Re: How Would You Handle Obsession ? by sharpman1(m): 8:51am On Jan 28, 2010
This story is soooo fake.
Re: How Would You Handle Obsession ? by kushe: 9:04am On Jan 28, 2010
@edwardd

pls learn to properly link your thoughts and writing cos you appear rather incoherent and you write like you are talking and oops !!! it sounds reta, rded.

so it is not nigerian to stalk?well i disagree.with the advent of phones and facebook,u can creepily stalk or be renowned for notoriety in a virtual world where u dont even have to know people to communicate flirtingly or intimately with them.and in my opinion nigerians can bother oooooo.

i have a short attention span when it comes to women,not because i am alarmingly good looking or wadded,but because i am very busy and somehow growing up i developed a flair for the right words.my point,every encounter simply becomes a boring routine until proven otheeerwise.

some girls dont understand or know how to interprete a guy's attention and foolishly they assume they are all that and a bag of chips.

i met a girl 2 weeks ago in a very corporate setting in lagos,and at this point i was just extremely bored.[No 1].she was pretty but i didnt think too much of her cos of her office.u know those work settings that you just think no make am at all.her boss instructed her to lead me to another part of the organisation and we didnt really communicate apart from the courtesy she accorded me.her carriage was amazing and fortunately she walked ahead giving me ample room and time to analyse her body language.at some point she noticed me checking her out and just smiled[now i thought only a flirt would accept flirtation].we had not yet talked as of now and so i started by challenging her customer service,leaving me behind and walking far ahead.

i got the shock of my life.she was like a pretty HYUNDAI,so i expected the sleek body but cheap interiors.However i saw the HYUNDAI and when i walked through the door i suddenly found myself cocooned in flawless elegance.the BUGATTI or BENTLEY experience.

i had maintained eye contact and engaged her in conversation close enough to say the air around her was enchanting and when she opened her mouth it was pure heaven.she no speak fonee ooo,but her tonation and phonation were on point.she was gentle,made sense,spoke in perfect tenses and engaged and disengaged you with a brilliant display of etiquette.wetin i for do?my expectations were shattered beyond repair and now i had to come to terms with a sudden surge in this chick's share price and my proximity to a live angel.i was hooked,lined and sinkered  grin  grin  grin

now how does this relate to the post?make she give me no,she say make i memorise her office no ,barely speaking the digits as she walked away.i wan die as i begin find phone for pocket to store the no.this heightened my attraction and unusually me,i called her office within the hour.after several attempts she finally gave me her gsm no but that didnt stop her from being evasive.

i dont know how many times i called the first few days,but they sure werent few.i did my phone thing and soon she was giggling and ooooing and then a barrage of text messages,i wont call them creepy but they were intended to break her.i try small sha and she had to admit i was getting to her but she was pretty certain this was was a hobby for me[she was right and wrong]

right cos it started as a hobby,wrong cos i was now genuinely attracted to her but she still wont let me see her.wetin i no yan but she had this gentle way of just rebuffing.so one day i jokingly told her to wakaa joo[via text]cos i was tired of the constant posting and promised her a fortune if i ever called her again.we were already vibin on phone and so rather than the drama i was expecting,she cut me off.

i call tire[i felt like a stalker]but she no pick.and so i had to send her the most creative set of text messages ever,but she no greee ooo.i felt woman pain for the first time in forever.naa me suppose dey run and not the other way round.the more she ignored me,the more i wanted to say one more thing i hoped would change her mind.and sincerely she didnt leave my mind and how could i think of anything of anything else.

guess what saved the day? the land line no she gave me.i figured she couldnt reject an official call and besides dey no fit get caller id for that in office.and so i called the no,and how soothing to hear her voice welcoming me and asking me how she could help me.i called her name and said i was sorry with my most sincere tone ever.she didnt drop and she didnt say a word.she eventually asked us to talk later and i knew the deadlock was over.now we are back and i am suspecting tables are turning and in a bit i go wetin

RUN FOR DEAR LIFE grin  grin  grin
Re: How Would You Handle Obsession ? by jidobaba(m): 9:19am On Jan 28, 2010
^^Kushe, you must be a big fool to post an epistle upon such a mundane matter
Re: How Would You Handle Obsession ? by rosejen(f): 9:44am On Jan 28, 2010
I had a similar experience in my university days, this guy vowed it's either him or nobody in my life then i was quite young and didnt know what to do, i confided in my girlfriend who is 2 years older than me, she gave me this idea and it worked.

There is this lecturer in the guys department who evrybody fears and you dare nt miss his classes, we went to him and narrated the ordeal to him, he advised us as follows, i entered in the middle of his lecture and the guy as usual was seated and immediately he saw me, he tried to leave the class and the lecturer commanded him to stay put, i then exposed his threats and read all his text msgs to a class of about 200 students, then i told the whole students that my life is in this guys hand, if anything should happen to me, everyone should hold him responsible, the lecturer now added that he is also reporting the school authority and that the guy would be used as an example to other student who would want to do samething. i later learnt that the guy apologised seriously to the lecturer and pleaded on him not to report him to the school authority but i tell you that marked the end of his threat in my life.

@ POSTER, I would advise you to come out of your shell and act, get to know the guy very well, you can choose to ask him from text msg to know him well,(he will think you are yeilding to his demand) then involve people, make sure alot of people know about his threat and you will see changes.

dont show him weakness cos he will keep taking advantage of it.

i wish you luck

i wish you good luck
Re: How Would You Handle Obsession ? by kushe: 9:54am On Jan 28, 2010
@JIDOBABA

dont be scared,i aint fighing back.i only wish you could pay tithe on the amount of fun i have had in my short life,and soon you would have inspiration to write volumes about one seemingly mundane encounter.

now jide,pls get back to work cos you dont want to get into an exchange with someone that is permanently on leave.for all you know your chick might just be typing this response while i dictate after which, grin grin grin
Re: How Would You Handle Obsession ? by SamMilla1(m): 9:55am On Jan 28, 2010
rosejen:

I had a similar experience in my university days, this guy vowed it's either him or nobody in my life then i was quite young and didnt know what to do, i confided in my girlfriend who is 2 years older than me, she gave me this idea and it worked.

There is this lecturer in the guys department who evrybody fears and you dare nt miss his classes, we went to him and narrated the ordeal to him, he advised us as follows, i  entered in the middle of his lecture and the guy as usual was seated and immediately he saw me, he tried to leave the class and the lecturer commanded him to stay put, i then exposed his threats and read all his text msgs to a class of about 200 students, then i told the whole students that my life is in this guys hand, if anything should happen to me, everyone should hold him responsible, the lecturer now added that he is also reporting the school authority and that the guy would be used as an example to other student who would want to do samething. i later learnt that the guy apologised seriously to the lecturer and pleaded on him not to report him to the school authority but i tell you that marked the end of his threat in my life.

@ POSTER, I would advise you to come out of your shell and act, get to know the guy very well, you can choose to ask him from  text msg to know him well,(he will think you are yeilding to his demand) then involve people, make sure alot of people know about his threat and you will see changes.

i wish you luck

i wish you good luck

Go and sit down. Liar. This is still morning here. I will come up with a scenario of your response during break time.
Re: How Would You Handle Obsession ? by na2day2(m): 9:57am On Jan 28, 2010
rosejen:

There is this lecturer in the guys department who evrybody fears and you dare nt miss his classes, we went to him and narrated the ordeal to him, he advised us as follows, i entered in the middle of his lecture and the guy as usual was seated and immediately he saw me, he tried to leave the class and the lecturer commanded him to stay put, i then exposed his threats and read all his text msgs to a class of about 200 students, then i told the whole students that my life is in this guys hand, if anything should happen to me, everyone should hold him responsible, the lecturer now added that he is also reporting the school authority and that the guy would be used as an example to other student who would want to do samething. i later learnt that the guy apologised seriously to the lecturer and pleaded on him not to report him to the school authority but i tell you that marked the end of his threat in my life.

@ POSTER, I would advise you to come out of your shell and act, get to know the guy very well, you can choose to ask him from text msg to know him well,(he will think you are yeilding to his demand) then involve people, make sure alot of people know about his threat and you will see changes.

i wish you luck

i wish you good luck

so what offering did u offer to the dear lecturer for all his hard work on ur behalf? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How Would You Handle Obsession ? by rosejen(f): 10:05am On Jan 28, 2010
@ Sam Milla,

i am hv seen and now am fully convinced that you lack home training, you are not cultured at all. you just will open your mouth and cause somebody bluntly without thinking. look at all your post in nairaland, its full of abuse and causes. you should be ashamed of yourself.

i pity you.

@ Na2day,
the lecturer in question was my related to my girlfriend who took me there. but he sure was a very strict lecturer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is It Okay For Married Couples To Make Love Before Going To Church? / Photo Of A Pretty Lady Caught In The Act / I Suck Her Brest And Milk Come Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.