Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan (23669 Views)

The Cjn’s Removal: The Lamps Are Going Out All Over Nigeria- Opinion / Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency / Reactions To Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan by victorDanladi: 5:58pm On Jun 23, 2017
ALMUSTAQIM:
HOW COME
FFK,

RENO OMOKRI,

PAST JOHNSON SULAIMON,

CAN

AMONG OTHERS CHOSE TO BE SO IGNORANT OF THIS FACT & THEY WERE SPEWING RUBBISH UP & DOWN.
na the religiously bigot and gullible Nigerian Christians I pity despite their level of education,they cant see beyond antics of FFK and Apostle sule.There must be one rich PDP Christian in Apostle sule congregation that lost to APC in 2015 which adversely affect his business.

If you want to win Nigerian Christians to your side and you want them to vote for,just shout "ISLAMIZATION" when you don't see any or acuse your opponent of such.They will not even cereberate or investigate before they will bombard you with votes.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan by cristianisraeli: 5:59pm On Jun 23, 2017
Judolisco:
D curriculum should be reviewed by adding other languages someone not interested in French would be made to go for Arabic that's rubbish Arabic is a language agreed other languages like Spanish, Greek and Hebrew should be introduced as well

arabic is an islamic language....muslims will come and start crying now...the first people to speak arabic and spread it around the world...it was arab muslims living in the arabian peninsula many years ago

1 Like

Re: CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan by cristianisraeli: 6:03pm On Jun 23, 2017
victorDanladi:
na the religiously bigot and gullible Nigerian Christians I pity despite their level of education,they cant see beyond antics of FFK and Apostle sule.There must be one rich PDP Christian in Apostle sule congregation that lost to APC in 2015 which adversely affect his business.

If you want to win Nigerian Christians to your side and you want them to vote for,just shout "ISLAMIZATION" when you don't see any or acuse your opponent of such.They will not even cereberate or investigate before they will bombard you with votes.

mr usman danfodio danladi...if u like call chrsitians gullible atleast everybody eyes don open now...we shall allow nigeria remain balanced..50%mulims and 50% christians...nigeria would never be like lebanon..a former 100% christians country...now its 50% muslims and 40% christians..so yes let us be gullible..but u should know we are vigilant now...so continue crying
Re: CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan by kluwei: 6:04pm On Jun 23, 2017
they tested and realised that their plan wont be successful, so they had to rearrange their plan to douse down the tension. its a pity most gullible nigerians are and unwise, we listen hear but we fail to reason.

1 Like

Re: CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan by hafypearl(f): 6:08pm On Jun 23, 2017
jakiedudu:
When ever their actions generate lots of controvercies, they remember the previous govt just like they did during FRN saga that got Adeboye almost sacked. sad When will this govt start taking responsibility? I though this govt said they are on the move to correct the ills of the previous administration? Is implementing this wicked curriculum where IRS and CRS are joined together part of their plans to correct the so called ills of the past? Just typical of APC govt.
CRS and IRS must be seperated from each other immediately!
let me make you understand, CRS and IRS are not been taught together, there are different teachers and different classes for each religious subjects, they were only merged together into one subject known as religion and national values.

in the same vein, basic science and basic technology were also merged as Basic Science and Technology as a subject but basic science and basic technology would be taught differently and of course different teachers, except a teacher can take the two.

1 Like

Re: CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan by eodavids(m): 6:08pm On Jun 23, 2017
I am not part of those accusing any body. But let me ask:

IS IT TRUE THAT IRS DID NOT RECEIVE THE SAME LEVEL OF STRIMLINING AS CRS?

AM ASKING BECAUSE OP DIDN'T COMMWNT ON THAT ASPECT OF THE ISSUE.

Nigeria is like a polygamous family. When important decisions are made with neglect of any of the wives, then the maker of the said decision affecting that family is inviting rancour
Re: CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan by veraiyke(m): 6:09pm On Jun 23, 2017
koboko69:
Nairalanders,

It is the height of ignorance and deliberate mischief to accuse the minister of Education or the presidency of adjusting or changing the school corricum is Nigeria.
Nigerian Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC) is responsible for for such exercise. Neither the presidency nor the minister of Education can single handedly review the school Curriculum in Nigeria.

Having said this,I want to categorically state that neither CRK or IRS was removed from the School Curriculum but
are now merged under one subject listing which is Religious and National Values (RNV). This is intended to be in tandem with international models. CRS and IRS are standing as distinct courses, but merged under one subject listing.That integration also embodies subjects such as Civic Education, Social Studies and Security Education. This development should be applauded with the rising case of radicalization and insecurity.

In view of this clarification made above, contrary to the lies being peddled by war mongers, trouble makers, corrupt haunted elements, partisan 'pastors", and even a christian body like CAN which is now seen as a political wing of the dying main opposition party by many, this revision was made between 2012-2014.

In conclusion, it is pure wickedness and deliberate facts twisting to accuse both the Federal government and Minister of Education of an Islamic agenda.

References

An excepts from Guidian;
https://guardian.ng/opinion/the-new-school-curriculum/

Other references

https://www.universitypressplc.com/catalogs/primary/christian-religious-studies-and-national-values

http://www.nerdc.org.ng/eCurriculum/CurriculumSTructure.aspx

well, I guess the thinking behind the merger is for students of both religions to know its practices. It may not be bad but I fear it is also intended to create a soft spot on christian students. Islam may not be bad but generally the hausa man is quick to temper and the few or larger extremist among them will never learn from this curriculum. Better option is to go North and orientate them but again how many go to school?
Re: CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan by Coldfeets: 6:14pm On Jun 23, 2017
Hmm... Wait a minute Koboko69.

How dare you call a mo'fûcker like omokery a mofo?
Re: CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan by kenex4ever(m): 6:18pm On Jun 23, 2017
lilytender:
Is there no single thing positive about Goatluck Jonaddaft and his gang of 40 thieves? What wasted years for Nigeria! Everything negative about this government was actually started by Goatluck and his wife the cantankerous grammarian sheppopo.

can u listen to ur dumb self.
Every thing that causes backlash is always shifted to d last admin but if it had turned out good they won't b mentioned and gullible fools like u will swallow it hook line n sinker.

1 Like

Re: CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan by TeamSimple(m): 6:20pm On Jun 23, 2017
PDP only got two things in dealing with APC which are: RELIGION AND TRIBALISM
Re: CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan by jaggabban: 6:31pm On Jun 23, 2017
coptic:

Me? No, rather, you are the one who should be ashamed.

Your Islamisation agenda in Nigeria makes any news believeable. Usually, I sift information, but with you people, everything is possible.

Could forcing an Arab language down the people's throats be worse than murder in the name of religion? You have done worse. Your tendencies make any news credible. I have learnt to never dismiss any allegations levelled against you. So for me, the onus was on you to prove your innocence.

As I am eh, the only thing that will make me want to verify the credibility of any news is if I hear that "Hausa-fulani muslims renounce violent approach to life." Everything else na unna way.

So you should be ashamed that you have made negativity a lifestyle. That all you know how is to claim lands and give birth to kids you cannot take care of, all because you seek to grow the Muslim population.
I smell FRUSTRATION, it kills mr.
Re: CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan by CoolChinex07: 6:35pm On Jun 23, 2017
I almost believe this rubbish propaganda until I was recently assign to teach the revised CRS under Religious and National Values as an Npower Volunteer. some people are so desperate to cause religious crisis in the country by spreading falsehood. CAN really fall my hand by being part of this propaganda campaign!!!

2 Likes

Re: CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan by shukuokukobambi: 6:38pm On Jun 23, 2017
Deeldorado:

I don't buy the islamisation talk but the argument CAN made was that students were to choose between French and Arabic studies, but since most schools lack French teachers, they would invariably be forced to offer Arabic studies.

And those schools automatically have Arabic teachers right? cheesy

I stay in Delta, can you name a school in asaba that lacks French teacher but has for Arabic so my younger brother can go learn Arabic? cheesy
Re: CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan by shukuokukobambi: 6:40pm On Jun 23, 2017
CoolChinex07:
I almost believe this rubbish propaganda until I was recently assign to teach the revised CRS under Religious and National Values as an Npower Volunteer. some people are so desperate to cause religious crisis in the country by spreading falsehood. CAN really fall my hand by being part of this propaganda campaign!!!

Weldone bro. The senseless ones will never see this your post cheesy

2 Likes

Re: CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan by eodavids(m): 6:43pm On Jun 23, 2017
koboko69:
I urge everyone to ignore that attention seeker 3 steps above. Those are the sick dundees, the target audience of FFK and his dumb crew!

@koboko, Be more objective and not just criticize those with opposing view to your.
If tomorrow Islamic studies gets a subtle streamlining which you feel is not normal, will you support such?

Answer this sincerely
Re: CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 23, 2017
I love buhari
Re: CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan by jomoh: 7:05pm On Jun 23, 2017
cristianisraeli:
i think christians should thank God for people like ffk and reno..my point is...why make a langauage thats associated with religion optional in a so called SECULAR country? the question people should be asking is not if they remove crk or not...thats how it starts..they make arabic optional and the next thing they would make it complusory..if u are muslim and u want to quote me..u better be ready for some history lesson..unless move on..yea yea..without adding GEJ the soup no go sweet

It is funny how you mentioned history lesson but your history teacher was so poor that he forgot to teach you that the north was using Arabic as a means of education even before the white man brought English and Christianity to Nigeria. This is why you find Arabic in Naira notes and Nigerian military symbols.

Summary: Arabic has being in Nigeria even before English or Christianity.

To an average Northerner, Arabic is a second language while English is a third language.

To an average southerner, English is a second language while French is to be adopted as a third language.

They are not forcing Arabic on you and you should stop complaining cos the north is not complaining of forcing French upon them.

1 Like

Re: CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan by AkupeMBANO(m): 7:07pm On Jun 23, 2017
Anyday they fail to mention Jonathan, they will all die..smellos
Re: CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan by ajugbo: 7:10pm On Jun 23, 2017
I am a christian, i have thought in a secondary school for 11 years. I have been aware of this development since 2013.
It is a LIE! LIE! LIE, no one is removing CRK/S from the curriculum. I cannot believe this, CAN, is this being gullible or dancing to a pipe? What a shame. I am very angry.

1 Like

Re: CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan by cristianisraeli: 7:15pm On Jun 23, 2017
jomoh:

It is funny how you mentioned history lesson but your history teacher was so poor that he forgot to teach you that the north was using Arabic as a means of education even before the white man brought English and Christianity to Nigeria. This is why you find Arabic in Naira notes and Nigerian military symbols.

Summary: Arabic has being in Nigeria even before English or Christianity.

To an average Northerner, Arabic is a second language while English is a third language.

To an average southerner, English is a second language while French is to be adopted as a third language.

They are not forcing Arabic on you and you should stop complaining cos the north is not complaining of forcing French upon them.

u mean after usman dan fodio JIHAD when in 1808, he and his followers conquered Gobir, Kano, and other Hausa city-states..OK..must everything be about the northcant u people come out of the middle ages??i know alot about taqqiyya.this is how islam creeps in...i know what am saying..why bring a language associated with religion and make it an alternativecome on nigerians are not stupid...i think u mean the muslim northerners because am sure the christian ones dont want that..funny enough the countries that share borders with the north they speak french..so what are you saying..

its the same way the usman dan fodio a fulani settler in hausa land CREEPED IN..he was accepted with one love and then he accused them of not following the pure form of islam..and what did he do..he started a jihad...killed too over all hausa land and and became a caliph...like ISIS ALBAGDADI..no differfence..divided his conquests between his brother, Abdullahi, who ruled the western part of the kingdom, and his son, Muhammad Bello, who ruled the eastern part of the kingdom including the Hausa city-states.WELL WE CAN ALL SEE all see the rest is history..WE HAVE A FULANI MAN AS PRESIDENT..lol...

LET GIVE GIVE U ANOTHER HISTORY...REMEMBER THE ISLAMIZATION PROGRAMME..??

A new impetus to the spread of Islam was provided by Ahmadu Bello, the Premier of the Northern Region after Nigerian independence in 1960, with his Islamization programme that led to the conversion of over 100,000 people in the provinces of Zaria and Niger.
Re: CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan by vedaxcool(m): 7:24pm On Jun 23, 2017
[s]
cristianisraeli:

u mean after usman dan fodio JIHAD when in 1808, he and his followers conquered Gobir, Kano, and other Hausa city-states..OK..must everything be about the northcant u people come out of the middle ages??i know alot about taqqiyya.this is how islam creeps in...i know what am saying..why bring a language associated with religion and make it an alternativecome on nigerians are not stupid...i think u mean the muslim northerners because am sure the christian ones dont want that..funny enough the countries that share borders with the north they speak french..so what are you saying..
[/s]

Stop acting like you are a Netanyahu butt crack licker .... the countries boundering the north when colonized by the french and forced to adopt their language. Islam in the North preceded Dan Fodio. Face your useless Israel that racially discriminate against black jewe instead of slaving here and talking on a subject you arw way to ignorant to discuss.
Re: CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan by cristianisraeli: 7:30pm On Jun 23, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Stop acting like you are a Netanyahu butt crack licker .... the countries boundering the north when colonized by the french and forced to adopt their language. Islam in the North preceded Dan Fodio. Face your useless Israel that racially discriminate against black jewe instead of slaving here and talking on a subject you arw way to ignorant to discuss.

just look at this boy...yes am proud to be pro bibi.if u like cry from now till tomorrow....i will forever be pro ISRAELIIIIIII..let it sink in...i think u should be worried about how WHITE ARABS TREAT THE BLACK ARABS AND HOW FULANIS TREAT THE HAUSAS...lol...mumu..i know islam was there b4 dan fodio..fodio was a settler..he accused them of practicing islam the wrong way started a jihad..look jihad in nigeria didnt start today boy...i said it b4 u quote me...come correct because i know about islam more than some muslims

see how ur fellow white skinned arabs treat their black skinned arabs..LOL..

Confronting anti-black racism in the Arab world
The Arab slave trade is a fact of history, and anti-black racism in the region is something that must be addressed.

The Arab slave trade is a fact of history and anti-black racism is a fact of current reality, a shameful thing that must be confronted in Arab societies. Though I claim no expertise on the subject, I think that applying notions of racism as it exists in the US will preclude a real understanding of the subject in the Arab world.

I spent much of much of my youth in the Arab world and I do not recall having a race consciousness until I came to the United States at the age of 13. My knowledge of Arab anti-black racism comes predominantly from Arab Americans. Like other immigrant communities, they adopt the prevailing racist sentiments of the power structure in the US, which decidedly holds African-Americans in contempt.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2013/06/201362472519107286.html

Migrant workers from African countries often face abusive conditions in the Middle East

1 Like

Re: CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan by FA13(m): 7:39pm On Jun 23, 2017
All hands need to be on desk before Jihadist take over the country.
What is Osinbajo doing about it?

1 Like

Re: CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan by Deeldorado: 7:40pm On Jun 23, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

And those schools automatically have Arabic teachers right? cheesy

I stay in Delta, can you name a school in asaba that lacks French teacher but has for Arabic so my younger brother can go learn Arabic? cheesy

Again, not an advocate for CAN but I think they may be particular about Christian students in the North.
Re: CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan by cristianisraeli: 7:44pm On Jun 23, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

AFRICAN REFUGEES SAY ARAB MUSLIMS MORE RACIST THAN EUROPEANS
The migrants are reluctant to believe that they might meet more racism in Europe than in Morocco. "Black and white people are good together," claims Aboubakr.

This is Morocco, one of the few moderate Arab countries, though not for long with the victory of an Islamist party. It's fairly tolerant by Muslim standards, which is still wildly intolerant by European standards.

"Be careful, those blacks might eat you," a Moroccan juice seller in the little border town of Fnideq warned us. They might what? "Yes, really," he replies. "They can do anything."

"Arabs hate black people. And that is not from today, it is in their blood," says Aboubakr, a young man from Senegal who is hoping eventually to cross over into Europe. He spent almost a year in Morocco's capital Rabat before coming to this forest camp near the Spanish border and his experiences there left him feeling bitter.

"Friends of mine were attacked with a knife. Bandits target us because they know we cannot go to the police, even if we are robbed and hurt. Having no papers, we will be caught instead. Blacks have no rights here."

Aboubakr is also insulted that Moroccans "cannot believe many of us are Muslims too". According to him, people are surprised when they see him kneeling for prayer. "They don't think a black can be Muslim."

http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/148804/african-refugees-say-arab-muslims-more-racist-daniel-greenfield

NEVER IN UR LIFE COME HERE AND TELL ME HOW ISRAEL TREAT BLACKS AND THIS GOES OUT TO ANYONE THAT WANT TO TELL ME THE SAME CRAP...bloody hypocrite

Re: CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan by adekS1(m): 7:46pm On Jun 23, 2017
d question is must it be French and Arabic as an optional language considering d volatility in which Nigeria is at d moment why not French and Chinese language... may l put it to u if u r talking abt French and Arabic then let it eventually be French, Jewish and Arabic language.
Re: CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan by cristianisraeli: 7:47pm On Jun 23, 2017
adekS1:
d question is must it be French and Arabic as an optional language considering d volatility in which Nigeria is at d moment why not French and Chinese language... may l put it to u if u r talking abt French and Arabic then let it eventually be French, Jewish and Arabic language.

exactly!!!
Re: CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan by adekS1(m): 7:47pm On Jun 23, 2017
d question is must it be French and Arabic as an optional language considering d volatility in which Nigeria is at d moment why not French and Chinese languages... may l put it to u if u r talking abt French and Arabic language being ok and no problem attached then let it eventually be French, Jewish and Arabic languages as optional.everybody knows Arabic language is more pronounced in d Muslim world no doubt abt it

3 Likes

Re: CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan by koboko69: 7:53pm On Jun 23, 2017
ivolt:

You are so confused, on one hand you want people to accept that it was GEJ's fault that
Arabic studies was included in the school curriculum and on the other hand you praise
the current government for implementing the policy which you blamed on GEJ.

Why is it so difficult for you to decide whether the reviewed curriculum is good or bad ?

Confusion happens to be the trademark of Islamic apologists.

Lol. 90% of u are very dull. Or actually read half way...and just comment. Despite the fact u can clearly see Arabic studies as optional...u are here crying wolf. In b/w who told u Arabic means Muslim. English is the 3rd most spoken language in the world,Arabic is the 5th.
U are to study either French or Arabic. French speaking g countries are mostly Christians....why is there no religious bias about that. What's the fuss about Arabic. There are Israeli Arabs that are Christians..that is justan example. U should update ur knowledge and stop all this online noise
Re: CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan by koboko69: 7:54pm On Jun 23, 2017
adekS1:
d question is must it be French and Arabic as an optional language considering d volatility in which Nigeria is at d moment why not French and Chinese languages... may l put it to u if u r talking abt French and Arabic language being ok and no problem attached then let it eventually be French, Jewish and Arabic languages as optional.everybody knows Arabic language is more pronounced in d Muslim world no doubt abt it

What about French being pronounced in the Christian world? Shameless hypocrites. Can u name French speaking countries with Muslims as Majority.
Re: CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan by Maximus85(m): 7:54pm On Jun 23, 2017
PASTOR SULEEEEEEE. HMMMMMM

FIND OUT ALL THE FACTS BEFORE RUSHING TO THE SOCIAL MEDIA. NA SO YOU GO DEY TELL PEOPLE SAY KING DAVID MAMA FOR INSIDE BIBLE NA ASHAWO. MAY GOD SAVE ALL OF US OOOOO.[sup][/sup][sub][/sub]

I am sorry for shouting. Its just painful and annoying.
Re: CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan by obailala(m): 7:58pm On Jun 23, 2017
ReubenE:
It is laughable that the apostles of this present government get fulfilment when the name Jonathan is mentioned.

At one point they say the NERDC is solely responsible for the curriculum as an independent body, even as far as saying the present government nor the educational minister is responsible for the change, which absolves the government of wrongdoing.

At another, they blame Jonathan because the review was done under his government.
I thought they said nothing was removed, and that some people are just trying to be mischievous.
What did Jonathan do wrong with this now??
The only reason GEJ's name is mentioned is because hardcore Jonathanians led by Reno Omokri started the needless and senseless name calling by mentioning Buhari as the initiator of the CRS removal issue when in actual fact, the policy was moulded during the time of his own boss Jonathan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

It Sounds Impossible For Me To Lose The 2019 Elections - President Buhari Brags / Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims / Buhari Confers GCON On Tanko Muhammad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.