Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! (31414 Views)

What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? / Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die / Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Nobody: 7:20am On Jun 25, 2017
The Op is very weak spiritually.

2 Likes

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 25, 2017
Firstly, do not sleep with your chest upwards. Secondly, Go for deliverance, it can either be self or group deliverance as the case may be.Thirdly always pray before you sleep.

6 Likes

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Dokitadotun: 7:29am On Jun 25, 2017
Things that are important here. Firstly give your life to Christ and seek to know HIM(Jesus Christ)and lastly Get baptised in the Holy Spirit and speak in tongue often. If you do this, the game will be reversed in your favour.

3 Likes

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by khalhokage(m): 7:29am On Jun 25, 2017
Nightmares and sleep paralysis.

OP do what I did when I was a kid.

Don't dwell on these things and convince yourself they're not real or important, you'll sleep better at night.

2 Likes

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Dokitadotun: 7:29am On Jun 25, 2017
Things that are important here. First give your life to Christ and seek to know HIM(Jesus Christ)and lastly Get baptised in the Holy Spirit and speak in tongue often. If you do this, the game will be reversed in your favour.
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by GogetterMD(m): 7:31am On Jun 25, 2017
PrecisionFx:

So far all that u mentioned are medical problems. I can't speak much about it, just visited a government hospital n meet a good doctor n explain all or problems in clear terms, don't hoard any information. He will take it up from there. U won't regret it.

I also had that thing where something presses u down on the bed some years ago, it's highly physical, there's nothing spiritual about it. It's a medical issue, U wake (as in ur eyes open) before ur brain wakes up ur muscles, that's why u can't move.

Tkr
Sleep paralysis

2 Likes

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by jaychubi: 7:31am On Jun 25, 2017
Chemist009:
..... Hello fellows,my name is Shuaibu(not real name),am in my late twenties and am from Edo. So this is my story:

... Everything was going well and I was really at my peak until this happened some 11 years ago(2006 precisely)...... I was at home with my Guardian's wife and one of my cousins at night(around 8pm or so) when suddenly I heard someone call my name at the door and I answered rushing to open the door,only to discover that there was nobody at the door and i was a little terrified. And that ordeal, I can say was the beginning of my mystery.

Later on,I began having series of terrible nightmares that would linger on to become part of my life till this day. Firstly,I would always dream that I want to take something,but my hand will never get to it as i would stretch and stretch-and it was a recurring nightmare that happened on a regular basis. Secondly,I always dreamt that am always being pursued or running and when am running, it's usually at a very very slow rate and this dream too happened all the time. And so for a long sustained period,i had these two nightmares and in most occasions,always in danger.

Fastforward to a few years later and I would notice deterioration in every facet of my life, yet, I would just ignore. Later around 2012, I would gain admission into the University, but I well too realised that I was never the same again..... Before i entered University though, I began having health challenges (chest pain and discomfort) and I inwardly suspected it's a heart problem. So at the University, to cut a long story short, I never got anywhere near my peak and it was always whenever i had it in mind that I wanted to study or exams were around the corner that my chest problem always came, but when free or unoccupied or during holidays, I felt healthy and this was the trend all through my University days.

Again, although it was nightmares pre University, at the university it became somewhat metaphysical and it was in truth worrying. Whenever i slept and wanted to wake up, I always felt as though am being held down and standing up or even shaking becomes impossible and this has continued till this day. In summary, of recent it's either very terrible nightmares or not being able to stand up when awake as a result of being held down-and this mainly happens when am sleeping alone and in most cases when the room is dark.

It's way more mysterious than i presented it, but this is just a Summary of everything. Opinions please cos I feel trapped......

Go for deliverance b4 devil wins in ur life angry angry angry angry
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Flexy2vybes(m): 7:32am On Jun 25, 2017
God is d only ansa as far as am concern ,if u ar nt a Christian look for a Bible believing chch attend repent, Baptise get delivered cuz daz a bondage and join a unit or group in d chch, be it the choir
Prayer group protocol etc.

N b devoted ur life wudt remain d same.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Mailthaddeus(m): 7:33am On Jun 25, 2017
Brother, my honest advice is this.
Visit a good bible believing church for prayers. This issue of reoccurring sleep paralysis and nightmares is far from being just psychological. It's more like a spiritual attack to frustrate your life. Seek the face of God , He has the solutions to all problems.
Jesus Christ said in His word, "come all you who are heavily laddended and I shall give u rest".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Philinho(m): 7:33am On Jun 25, 2017
Chemist009:
That's true bro ..... but in my case i have seen happen-as in that feeling of always close but not quite
my advise is that ,u need to be delivered b4 u can continue praying n fasting on ur own.cos there are issues above a man that need higher power to break. I hope u understand. Above all,fear not n wait upon God in prayer n fasting. it's well with u
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by darlingnuel(m): 7:34am On Jun 25, 2017
@ Chemist009 : You suffer SLEEP PARALYSIS and ANXIETY NEUROSIS. You just worry excessively. See a doctor and relax more.

3 Likes

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by danigbo(m): 7:37am On Jun 25, 2017
Run to Jesus christ.
Confess your sins
Repent of your evil ways
He will make you a brand new man!
I have tried it. It worked for me. It will work for you.
Don't forget join a living church like deeper life or watchman.
God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 25, 2017
Chemist009:
..... Hello fellows,my name is Shuaibu(not real name),am in my late twenties and am from Edo. So this is my story:

... Everything was going well and I was really at my peak until this happened some 11 years ago(2006 precisely)...... I was at home with my Guardian's wife and one of my cousins at night(around 8pm or so) when suddenly I heard someone call my name at the door and I answered rushing to open the door,only to discover that there was nobody at the door and i was a little terrified. And that ordeal, I can say was the beginning of my mystery.

Later on,I began having series of terrible nightmares that would linger on to become part of my life till this day. Firstly,I would always dream that I want to take something,but my hand will never get to it as i would stretch and stretch-and it was a recurring nightmare that happened on a regular basis. Secondly,I always dreamt that am always being pursued or running and when am running, it's usually at a very very slow rate and this dream too happened all the time. And so for a long sustained period,i had these two nightmares and in most occasions,always in danger.

Fastforward to a few years later and I would notice deterioration in every facet of my life, yet, I would just ignore. Later around 2012, I would gain admission into the University, but I well too realised that I was never the same again..... Before i entered University though, I began having health challenges (chest pain and discomfort) and I inwardly suspected it's a heart problem. So at the University, to cut a long story short, I never got anywhere near my peak and it was always whenever i had it in mind that I wanted to study or exams were around the corner that my chest problem always came, but when free or unoccupied or during holidays, I felt healthy and this was the trend all through my University days.

Again, although it was nightmares pre University, at the university it became somewhat metaphysical and it was in truth worrying. Whenever i slept and wanted to wake up, I always felt as though am being held down and standing up or even shaking becomes impossible and this has continued till this day. In summary, of recent it's either very terrible nightmares or not being able to stand up when awake as a result of being held down-and this mainly happens when am sleeping alone and in most cases when the room is dark.

It's way more mysterious than i presented it, but this is just a Summary of everything. Opinions please cos I feel trapped......

EDo state not far from Delta, come and see lets end this problem you are going through.
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 25, 2017
sisipelebe:
Firstly, do not sleep with your chest upwards. Secondly, Go for deliverance it can either be self or group deliverance as the case may be.Thirdly always pray before you sleep.

See how you guys are suffering yourselves.

I sleep everyday with my chest upwards, I enjoy every bit of it.

Xtianity made you guys believe if you sleep facing up you will be pressed by witches and wizard.

Smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by transient123(m): 7:42am On Jun 25, 2017
I read your story with wrath attention to the details.

I had similar nightmare so to say when growing up, but, maybe not to the level you have presented it.

However, it could be metaphysical to be a little modest, so as not to instil un necessary fear, all solutions to our problems lies with Allah, if you believe sincerely.

Solutions, if you are a muslim, devout your time for your daily solawat(prayer), exercise the sunnah when about to go to bed and try, although very hard to observe kiyamu lail(tahajjud), avoid listening to music, they are imstruments of shaitan, try as much as you could to stay from sins, even though difficult and always seek for repentance.

Please, dont be scammed by the so called destiny interpreters or sugar coated psychologists, they are gateway to doom, they could tell you your mum or dad is responsible, the same mum or dad who could have used you for rituals without issues and been asked when you were a toddler.

I am giving these advice based on your screened name "shuaibu".

6 Likes

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by BCISLTD: 7:43am On Jun 25, 2017
Sounds like anxiety or panic attacks.... go online and study it..the symptoms are similar..u can find drugs to take online as well.
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by ExInferis(m): 7:43am On Jun 25, 2017
Chemist009:

You're not haunted.

You're just fucktup.

Go get some drugs.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by osayuwamwen(m): 7:47am On Jun 25, 2017
This little compare to wat i have seen, about u been tie down and not being able to move yr body, I've had so many similar cases in different ways, one that was most terrifying was wen i saw someone holding nd dragging my leg and I was seeing my spirit leaving my body, I couldn't shout, I couldn't breath and even to move my body na wahala, I was calling the name Jesus in my mind, was the only thing that saved me that day.

2 Likes

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by chiscodedon(m): 7:47am On Jun 25, 2017
If u a Christian(Catholic) ...first,go for confession, search your heart thoroughly, dont hide any guilt.
Never miss your night prayer,
Get some sacred elements such as Bible, crucifix,holy water,anointing oil etc blessed by a priest, always administer it on ur body b4 going to bed. Denounce satan and its follows,have strong faith,attesting to the God am serving, you shall never have such reoccurrence dream again

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by twilliamx(m): 7:49am On Jun 25, 2017
Go for deliverance
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by 4dor: 7:50am On Jun 25, 2017
Chemist009:

I can relate to everything you said here, fought battles like this for four years. When next you have that dream, get clean drinking water read Psalm 31 to it, drink some and use the remaining to wash your head, while doing this pray and reject every negative thing the enemy has done to you.

You have to do this immediately you wake up after that dream, make sure you don't talk to anyone before you do it and also keep it as a secret, don't even mention it to the closest person to you.

Also be very prayerful, you're a great person and this is the type of battle you have to win to excel.

3 Likes

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by SUNDICOS(m): 7:55am On Jun 25, 2017
I no read the tory all but observe yourself first, you don do juju b4?, final solution is surrender (TOTAL SURRENDER TO CHRIST)

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Freedomalaba(m): 7:56am On Jun 25, 2017
Bro if you are a christian, I would advice you to go see a deliverance minister.... Mfm (mountain of fire and miracles) deliverance minister to be precise..... Go there to Confess your hidden secrets and be delivered.....if you are not a christian God will see you through but I would have loved you to be a christian bro.Bro if you are a christian, I would advice you to go see a deliverance minister.... Mfm (mountain of fire and miracles) deliverance minister to be precise..... Go there to Confess your hidden secrets and be delivered.....if you are not a christian God will see you through but I would have loved you to be a christian bro.Bro if you are a christian, I would advice you to go see a deliverance minister.... Mfm (mountain of fire and miracles) deliverance minister to be precise..... Go there to Confess your hidden secrets and be delivered.....if you are not a christian God will see you through but I would have loved you to be a christian bro.
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by crunchyg: 7:58am On Jun 25, 2017
Chemist009:

Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and saviour believe in him as your God and go for deliverance. After that you will see that you will be fine. And know that when you are free and you go back to sin, the tendency is that it might continue
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by sainty2k3(m): 7:58am On Jun 25, 2017
PrecisionFx:

So far all that u mentioned are medical problems. I can't speak much about it, just visited a government hospital n meet a good doctor n explain all or problems in clear terms, don't hoard any information. He will take it up from there. U won't regret it.

I also had that thing where something presses u down on the bed some years ago, it's highly physical, there's nothing spiritual about it. It's a medical issue, U wake (as in ur eyes open) before ur brain wakes up ur muscles, that's why u can't move.

Tkr

Its a form of sleep disorder, mental health physician can help the op. Though we still can't rule out the place of prayer
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Freedomalaba(m): 7:59am On Jun 25, 2017
Bro if you are a christian, I would advice you to go see a deliverance minister.... Mfm (mountain of fire and miracles) deliverance minister to be precise..... Go there to Confess your hidden secrets and be delivered.....if you are not a christian God will see you through but I would have loved you to be a christian bro.
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Donwilly20(m): 8:05am On Jun 25, 2017
Bros that's a witch hunt,am an Igbo but it start when I was in Auchi poly,I was free from it when I embarked on dry fasting and midnight prayers so try it.God is alive.

2 Likes

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by 001slickochuko: 8:05am On Jun 25, 2017
well to begin with, you are not alone.. There are people out there going through sth similar.. I have experienced most of the things you just described in the past. I wouldn't want to go into details explaining somethings to you but what I can tell you is that your case is a classic deliverance case and if you really want to make progress in life, then don't take it lightly.. I will advise you to visit MOUNTAIN OF FIRE AND MIRACLES MINISTRIES Prayer city in Lagos for Deliverance.. They specialize in Deliverance cases.. You can also attend their PMCH deliverance programme this Saturday.. just locate any MFM branch closest to you.
May God see you through
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by almarthins(m): 8:07am On Jun 25, 2017
The devil is at work no doubt. It is just a matter of time before his plan is completed "death is hanging over ur head". Bro seek for immediate help now.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Bahddo(m): 8:11am On Jun 25, 2017
The day you stop believing your village people are after you and you take charge of your mental and physical health, you'd be surprised how those things would disappear.

Fear is a mental cage.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:11am On Jun 25, 2017
Chemist009:

the Bolded part is not funny at all. been experiencing that like Op said, especially when sleeping alone. was a night that I was struggling to breath, it was like I was being strangled and my eyes were opened .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Olumba Olumba Reveals When President Buhari Will Return / Pastor David Apologizes To Apostle Suleman Over Sex Scandal / "Leave Us The Sheeples (LUTS)" Campaign: By Emusmithy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.