Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! (31457 Views)

What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? / Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die / Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by smileshinz(f): 7:52pm On Jun 25, 2017
OtemAtum:

Simple, whatever I want to get in life, I spend time visualising it rather than thinking that the enemies are with it and I have to get it by force. Rather, I visualise what I want and work for it and I get it within a short period of time.
If I have disturbing nightmares that reoccurs, I tell myself the characters in my nightmares are not demons because demons don't exist. Then before going to bed the next time, I tell myself that I'm gonna change my nightmares to Hollywood movie where I am the hero in it. Then when I get into the dream, I wasn't the victim anymore. I beat silly out of the supposed demons.
Whenever I was having sleep paralysis(which the religious call demonic oppression), in the past I scare myself to near death because of it. But now, I love to study it whenever it comes. I lie still and study its nature.
When I slept and woke up with scratches on my body earlier, I thought it was demon that did it. But I soon began to realise that while I was sleeping, the heat was much and mosquitoes were humming all over me. And I scratched the hell out of my skin unknowingly until Nepa brought light and I stopped.

Other stuffs like witches, wizards, spiritual attacks etc are just mere psychological things which depends on how you want to take them. If you take them as nothing, they are nothing, but if you take them as powerful entities, then they appear powerful to you. It's just about how you see them, but in the actual sense, they are just the same as everyone else, but with higher psychical ability which they built up for themselves over the years, dahz all.
So, you're saying you have the power to control your dreams through the physical, correct?
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Uzorgod(m): 7:54pm On Jun 25, 2017
Browse about "Sleep paralysis". It may subside ur fear.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Hugo55(m): 8:00pm On Jun 25, 2017
You might like to try Singing HU. A love song to God.
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Shalomdee(f): 8:10pm On Jun 25, 2017
Chemist009:
..... Hello fellows,my name is Shuaibu(not real name),am in my late twenties and am from Edo. So this is my story:

... Everything was going well and I was really at my peak until this happened some 11 years ago(2006 precisely)...... I was at home with my Guardian's wife and one of my cousins at night(around 8pm or so) when suddenly I heard someone call my name at the door and I answered rushing to open the door,only to discover that there was nobody at the door and i was a little terrified. And that ordeal, I can say was the beginning of my mystery.

Later on,I began having series of terrible nightmares that would linger on to become part of my life till this day. Firstly,I would always dream that I want to take something,but my hand will never get to it as i would stretch and stretch-and it was a recurring nightmare that happened on a regular basis. Secondly,I always dreamt that am always being pursued or running and when am running, it's usually at a very very slow rate and this dream too happened all the time. And so for a long sustained period,i had these two nightmares and in most occasions,always in danger.

Fastforward to a few years later and I would notice deterioration in every facet of my life, yet, I would just ignore. Later around 2012, I would gain admission into the University, but I well too realised that I was never the same again..... Before i entered University though, I began having health challenges (chest pain and discomfort) and I inwardly suspected it's a heart problem. So at the University, to cut a long story short, I never got anywhere near my peak and it was always whenever i had it in mind that I wanted to study or exams were around the corner that my chest problem always came, but when free or unoccupied or during holidays, I felt healthy and this was the trend all through my University days.

Again, although it was nightmares pre University, at the university it became somewhat metaphysical and it was in truth worrying. Whenever i slept and wanted to wake up, I always felt as though am being held down and standing up or even shaking becomes impossible and this has continued till this day. In summary, of recent it's either very terrible nightmares or not being able to stand up when awake as a result of being held down-and this mainly happens when am sleeping alone and in most cases when the room is dark.

It's way more mysterious than i presented it, but this is just a Summary of everything. Opinions please cos I feel trapped......

Give your life to Christ and after that visit a Dunamis church and start attending, your deliverance is on the way. Thank me later.
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 25, 2017
baba4thegehs:

That thing happens to almost everyone I know.

Sure it's physical.

Sometimes when I visit a friend in a location I haven't been to before that's when it happens and I immediately rebuke it.

Don't rebuke nature. It MUST take it's full course.
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 25, 2017
Tearless:
Thank you, PrecisionFx. What a befitting moniker! This is exactly what he needs. Many of the people here will only succeed at killing this guy with their vague, confusing, unprovable bullsh!t. grin

Confusing Bullshiit man. Our people really lack knowledge.
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by sexaddict08(m): 8:20pm On Jun 25, 2017
luvmijeje:
Hmmmmm.... . OP you will a very powerful vessel in the hands of God. But only if you get close to Him.

The devil knows you will be a powerful vessel in the hands of God and if you don't decide to live a life of holiness and obedience to God, the devil will continue having an upper hand over you.

how are u so sure?
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 25, 2017
Elektra008:

Maybe it is medical, but it Cld also be spiritual. A friend narrated to me in confidence Dat after taking a tablet prescribed for her for a very vicious headache in school, she woke in the Middle of the night n she was lying on her stomach with her eyes open, and she Cldnt move. There was intense and heavy pressure on her back and she felt like she was being sodomised as in something thrusting in and out of her anus which only stopped when she screamed the name of Jesus in her mind. The medicine was "something zepam"

Remove the Spirits.
It's purely medical.

It can also be induced by a drug as a side effect.

Forget ur friends talk, Her mind is hyper active, and her mind projected those events
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 25, 2017
sainty2k3:

Its a form of sleep disorder, mental health physician can help the op. Though we still can't rule out the place of prayer

Please don't bring in prayer confusion here bro. He has already prayed for over a decade and he is still sick...... Is it that God is deaf

It's an illness and nothing more.
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 25, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Confusing Bullshiit man. Our people really lack knowledge.
Seriously, bro. It's really sad.
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 25, 2017
DammyOlu123:

Thank you for this. He seems to be having an anxiety disorder. This best explains his symptoms (to the best of my knowledge). If the symptoms do not dissappear, he should try and see a psychiatrist in a tertiary hospital.

A psychiatrist can come later. A doctor in GOPD might be able to sort out his issues

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 25, 2017
Demigods666:

See how you guys are suffering yourselves.

I sleep everyday with my chest upwards, I enjoy every bit of it.

Xtianity made you guys believe if you sleep facing up you will be pressed by witches and wizard.

Smh
Uncle, i didn't mention witches and wizard in my post... i dont even need to explain any spiritually thing here cos you'll never understand.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Bussme: 8:27pm On Jun 25, 2017
I had a similar experience as I was about entering university. I presently bless God for His providence. I got delivered. Pls look for real men of God that will deliver you from spirit of set back.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 25, 2017
smileshinz:

So, you're saying you have the power to control your dreams through the physical, correct?

Lucid dreaming.
Read about it.
My friend does it naturally, it can also be learned.
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 25, 2017
Chemist009:
... Have since visited doctors years ago and was diagnosed of Aortic regurgitation which is under control. ..... But those recurring nightmares of same pattern and same recurring being held down subconsciously while half asleep can't just be physical,cos i have analysed it .... too many details even but can't just be mentioning all

Did the doctor say the Aortic regurgitation can cause sleep paralysis Cuz. y doctor friend once told me that sleep paralysis can be an early sign of future or underlying heart issues
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 25, 2017
Omotayor123:
OP pray to your God from the bottom of your heart with all sincerity. Tell him what you want and want you don't. He will definitely listen and deliver you.

What is ur problem
Didn't u read his post
He has prayed for over a decade and he's still sick.
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by OtemAtum: 8:42pm On Jun 25, 2017
smileshinz:

Exactly. I use my names in my dreams and it's now fun. I have turned nightmares into lucid dreams such that I always know that I am in a dream whenever I am dreaming.
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 25, 2017
Dokitadotun:
Things that are important here. Firstly give your life to Christ and seek to know HIM(Jesus Christ)and lastly Get baptised in the Holy Spirit and speak in tongue often. If you do this, the game will be reversed in your favour.

U people are really sick.

How do u know he's not a Christian
How did u know he hasn't given his life to Christ
How do u know he hasn't been baptised in the spirit

Jeez

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 25, 2017
sisipelebe:
Firstly, do not sleep with your chest upwards. Secondly, Go for deliverance, it can either be self or group deliverance as the case may be.Thirdly always pray before you sleep.

SMH
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by isalegan2: 8:50pm On Jun 25, 2017
Chemist009:
... Have since visited doctors years ago and was diagnosed of Aortic regurgitation which is under control. ..... But those recurring nightmares of same pattern and same recurring being held down subconsciously while half asleep can't just be physical,cos i have analysed it .... too many details even but can't just be mentioning all

Chemist009:
..... In one of d dreams,i was boldly told that i have been tied down .... And my father as a matter of fact died from Witchcraft attack ...... In truth,my story is really a mystery,A big mystery!

Bro, there is no one bewitching you. You've had a lot of stress and difficulty in your young life. Plus any issues with heart ailment can mean sometimes there is a temporary deprivation or reduction of oxygenated blood going to your brain. It's possible you get light headed often or may even be anaemic.

Recurring dreams are common. Having anxiety about being caught naked or missing class due to oversleeping is probably two of the most popular. LOL. My most common dream is not waking up on time for class, and I haven't been in school in 15 years!

May Allah make it easy for you. Amin!
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 25, 2017
danigbo:
Run to Jesus christ. Confess your sins Repent of your evil ways He will make you a brand new man! I have tried it. It worked for me. It will work for you. Don't forget join a living church like deeper life or watchman. God bless you.

"Repent from his evil ways"

May the Devil have mercy on u.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by ifakayodeawo(m): 9:13pm On Jun 25, 2017
It's more than ordinary. My dear, go for spiritual purification.
Check my signature... .
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by isalegan2: 9:21pm On Jun 25, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Did the doctor say the Aortic regurgitation can cause sleep paralysis Cuz. y doctor friend once told me that sleep paralysis can be an early sign of future or underlying heart issues

Thanks for this. I believe sleep paralysis can be a symptom of heart/lung issue. It is when you're about waking up but then feel a heavy weight pressing down on you, and you actually believe there is someone holding you down or even lying on top of you, but in reality it is your brain and your body not waking up at the same time.

I used to have it. Probably 3 to five times over a 2-month period, 12 years ago before I started to address other underlying health issues.

And the sleep paralysis has never come back since that time. At the time I was experiencing it, I didn't know what it was. I thought I couldn't wake up because before going to bed I was drinking a natural caffeine-free herbal tea that cools your body down and is a natural muscle relaxer. I started to skip drinking the tea but that did not stop the sleep paralysis. Like I said, it hasn't come back even though I went back to my muscle relaxing tea.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by smileshinz(f): 9:34pm On Jun 25, 2017
OtemAtum:
Exactly. I use my names in my dreams and it's now fun. I have turned nightmares into lucid dreams such that I always know that I am in a dream whenever I am dreaming.
Interesting; thanks for taking time to respond to my questions
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by smileshinz(f): 9:35pm On Jun 25, 2017
OtemAtum:
Interesting; thanks for taking time to respond to my questions
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by smileshinz(f): 9:37pm On Jun 25, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Lucid dreaming. Read about it. My friend does it naturally, it can also be learned.
Thanks, I'll check it out
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by mykel25(m): 9:51pm On Jun 25, 2017
AlvanT:
Do curses exit? In the sense that a bitter elder or age person lay a curse of a younger person's head that they'll not make it in life,do such a thing exist?

Before anything negative can happen to you... You have to agree in your spirit, Meanwhile before u disagree in your spirit you need a level of spiritual n mental development.... Cuz people agree subconsciously ... The devil uses fear to take charge of our lives

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by mykel25(m): 9:55pm On Jun 25, 2017
Chemist009:
..... Hello fellows,my name is Shuaibu(not real name),am in my late twenties and am from Edo. So this is my story:

... Everything was going well and I was really at my peak until this happened some 11 years ago(2006 precisely)...... I was at home with my Guardian's wife and one of my cousins at night(around 8pm or so) when suddenly I heard someone call my name at the door and I answered rushing to open the door,only to discover that there was nobody at the door and i was a little terrified. And that ordeal, I can say was the beginning of my mystery.

Later on,I began having series of terrible nightmares that would linger on to become part of my life till this day. Firstly,I would always dream that I want to take something,but my hand will never get to it as i would stretch and stretch-and it was a recurring nightmare that happened on a regular basis. Secondly,I always dreamt that am always being pursued or running and when am running, it's usually at a very very slow rate and this dream too happened all the time. And so for a long sustained period,i had these two nightmares and in most occasions,always in danger.

Fastforward to a few years later and I would notice deterioration in every facet of my life, yet, I would just ignore. Later around 2012, I would gain admission into the University, but I well too realised that I was never the same again..... Before i entered University though, I began having health challenges (chest pain and discomfort) and I inwardly suspected it's a heart problem. So at the University, to cut a long story short, I never got anywhere near my peak and it was always whenever i had it in mind that I wanted to study or exams were around the corner that my chest problem always came, but when free or unoccupied or during holidays, I felt healthy and this was the trend all through my University days.

Again, although it was nightmares pre University, at the university it became somewhat metaphysical and it was in truth worrying. Whenever i slept and wanted to wake up, I always felt as though am being held down and standing up or even shaking becomes impossible and this has continued till this day. In summary, of recent it's either very terrible nightmares or not being able to stand up when awake as a result of being held down-and this mainly happens when am sleeping alone and in most cases when the room is dark.

It's way more mysterious than i presented it, but this is just a Summary of everything. Opinions please cos I feel trapped......

Start sleeping in a white bed sheet, cover yourself with white duvet or cloth.... Sleep sideways or face down... Never face up... Then if u ll dream it ll be revelation.... Lemme get feedback from u..... You're gifted with dreams.... If you can get to a level you ll get d interpretation of your dreams in d dream
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Chemist009(m): 10:02pm On Jun 25, 2017
..... Thanks everyone for d contributions,am really grateful

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by HappyScent: 10:26pm On Jun 25, 2017
My friend you need deliverance,enter into any mountain of fire,do their deliverance,all your problem will die

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by isalegan2: 10:38pm On Jun 25, 2017
AlvanT:
Do curses exit? In the sense that a bitter elder or age person lay a curse of a younger person's head that they'll not make it in life,do such a thing exist?

No such thing as curses. No generational curse. None of that is true! People will try to deceive young people with nonsense and ignorance. There is no way someone can say what will happen to you or what you will become. No one can see into the future. They can speculate but no one knows, and no one can control you or your mind.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Robynwelo1(f): 10:56pm On Jun 25, 2017
Please, Please, Please!!! Don't go to any stupid church or pastor, they will only give you greater headache and cause confusion. I had something almost similar to what you are having, I also thought I was hunted until I met persons with similar issues. Some persons including me called Jesus when it happened, some called Allah, some called mummy, others said nothing at all, and it all worked. A simple analysis will tell you that saying or doing something that calms or reassures you can pull you away from distress.

The brain(mind) is very complex, but most times it gives back what you feed it. Be positive minded and effortless. There might be medical treatments for your chest problems but I would advice you also give your mind, proper orientation. Good exercise, sleeping position and yoga would help a lot.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tinukevibes Slams 'Hausa' Muslims Offended By Her Dance Video In Saudi Arabia / Man Caught Stealing From Church Offering In Lagos / Fashola Visits Site Of Collapsed Synagogue Church as Death Toll Hits 44 (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.