Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,567 members, 7,770,484 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:06 AM

Mask Hunter - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mask Hunter (140744 Views)

Awaken: Divine Hunter / Behind The Mask - A Short Story / The Hunter - A Techno thriller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 11:34am On Jul 06, 2017
Cyberrex:
nice one op

I guess his brother is no more, cause a baby of two can't survive a fight against plasmodium and hunger with backup from contaminations for six day

may his soul rest in peace

and concerning Jason temporary blindness, I'm suspecting the blows he received, hunger, weakness and his will

keep the update coming

jagugu88li come and see ooo
Hmmmmmm..... Perhaps u are right.... But let's see how it turns
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 11:37am On Jul 06, 2017
Dedicated to my new followers..... Wildchild1, Rapoo, queenitee, RoyaleR, Cyberrex, germaphobe, Matrycx. And others who are yet to comment but read..

Chapter 19 cont'd

It had been five years of total darkness for Jason, he had been a blind beggar on the the market path. Jason's greasy overgrown hair fell over his wide, innocent eyes. His hands, once pale but now covered with dirt reached up eagerly as people passed by with hopes to be given some money or food as the case may be.

Jason, now fifteen years old, was a sorry sight to behold as he sat by the side of the road, an old mug half-filled with naira currency firmly grasped in his hand. Covered in grime, there was dirt in every part of his papery skin, his skin was rough and already peeling off. He hadn't even taken his bathe for roughly six years..
People could smell every sorry meal he had eaten in the last weeks, so strongly that they could almost feel the annoying taste of the discarded bones he had either taken from the trash or stolen from dogs and stale crumbs of food he scavenged in some families' waste bins.

Jason looked Derelict, scummy and annoyingly stinky, the children called him '2 face' because he sang almost every minute, but it was only a particular song he had sang with his mother. The song they had sang together in tears before she was consumed by death..
The fifteen year old Jason had been saving up for his surgery, he had heard from a market woman that one of his children had regained his sight after a surgerical operation in the theater.. Jason was determined as ever to have his sight back amid any arising difficulties..

As blind as bat he was ,, Jason had the pictures of his mother and Tony, his baby brother. If they had been together, he knew Tony would have been seven by now but fate had taken him away from him. He also had the images of those facinorous men embedded in his cerebrum, he was now determined to live, have his sight back and take revenge, not only on them but on their families, their generations would pay dearly. He was determined to completely erase them all from the earth surface. Thanks to them, he now had the reason to live, he would now follow the voice that always screamed in his head "kill them all!"...

It was on a particular evening, the weather was glacial as usual, however, Jason was not disturbed by the weather as he had to carry on his business, he was used to it anyway. Every night he had been there for five years in the unending torments of the cold and mosquitoes begging for alms. He heard the foot steps of a person coming towards him. Jason had developed a great sense of hearing, he could hear from meters away, what people were saying. Since he had lost his vision, he resorted into building his sense of hearing.

Soon, the steps were moving nearer to him, he quickly sprang up for he knew whose steps they were, the lady had been coming every night for the past three years. She had been giving him money and feeding him every night,To Jason, she was God sent, but they never talked for once. She would drop the money and food, sat beside him for a while and left..

Soon, Jason's desperate voice rang out, his voice was so small and tiny, it was simple yet heartbreaking statement, "could you please spare some naira? "....

3 Likes

Re: Mask Hunter by Toyin223(f): 11:58am On Jul 06, 2017
Hmmmmmm Tank 1
Re: Mask Hunter by queenitee(f): 12:12pm On Jul 06, 2017
Thanks for the dedication
Re: Mask Hunter by Emperor380(m): 12:42pm On Jul 06, 2017
Aunt queenitee thanks for inviting me to this wonderful story....keep it up bro
Re: Mask Hunter by RoyaleR(m): 12:42pm On Jul 06, 2017
thanks man for the mention
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 12:48pm On Jul 06, 2017
Toyin223:
Hmmmmmm Tank 1
you are welcome....
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 12:49pm On Jul 06, 2017
Emperor380:
Bro you are welcome,, Iv been following your work too..... Twist of life
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 12:50pm On Jul 06, 2017
RoyaleR:
thanks man for the mention
you welcome.....
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 12:50pm On Jul 06, 2017
Chapter 19 cont'd

The lady dropped a currency note as usual and gave him the food, soon she sat by his side..
Jason was quiet, he wondered who she was, why she had been so good to him for the past three years. Humans had always caused him griefs but this young woman different. As filthy and smelly as he was, she would still sit beside him, but one thing was for sure, she wasn't happy..

"who are you?" Jason initiated a conversation after a long time

" hmm, you finally broke you silence after a period of over three years, that's not manly of you "

" please forgive my rude acts "Jason smiled briefly and continued wondering how humorous she seemed to be" you re a God sent to me, I just want to show how appreciative I am. Thank you, whatever you name is...... "he was about to round off his Thanksgiving session when the lady cut in" Aliya, call me Aliya ". Jason heart felt the warmth of her voice, she had a good voice, good name and a good heart,he liked her already.

" thank you Aliya " he concluded.

" but what is your name, Mr thanks giver? "

" my name? " Jason gave a confused expression, he had forgotten his name after a long period of test and trial of fate. Besides, no one had ever asked of his name so it was useless. He quickly traveled down the memory lane, he remembered his mother had called him" Jason love"... "That must be my name " he thought. "Jason, my name is Jason" he smiled..

"nice name you have got, but what took you so long?......" Jason was Indifferent, he wondered what was nice about a name he had already forgotten.

"..... Perhaps you don't like me that's why you took so long " she continued with a long sigh which Jason didn't notice.. Jason feigned not to have heard what she had said but he knew she was totally wrong

He had liked her, her voice was tender, her heart had reached out to him and riches and wealths oozed from every part of her body,,jason wished he could see for a second just to catch a sight of her although he had already drawn a sarcastic portrait of her in her brain. He already liked her.. He quickly cast the thoughts away, who was he to have a feeling, he was just a beggar anyways.. Even if wishes were horses, Jason already knew which to ride on..

"but why have you been good to me, I mean why are you here at this hour just to bring me food.? I'm sure your parents would be worried" Jason quickly ask for that was a perfect moment to debate.

"Hmmm, well Jason, you need what I have in abundance, and I need what you have plentifuly.lets just say we are exchanging, like a trade by barter"

Jason was flabbergasted, he gave a sarcastic smile as what she just said made no sense to him.

"how do you mean ? "Jason asked on. He had nothing to offer her, she could get whatever she needed, judging from her smell, she had the scent of great wealth.

" Hmmmm, my parents are nonchalant, my mother is a business woman who travels round the globe, my father works in Lagos and I don't even know what he does. He hardly comes home" Aliyah said in a very sad tone which depicted how lonely she had always been as she continued "I have always been lonely, I stay with the maids and guards and they bored me to my bone and marrow.. But ever since I met you, I have been a bit happy, hearing you voice alone gives me warmth, your song is alone to kill my loneliness" Aliyah concluded as she began to sing Jason's song.

Jason was overwhelmed, he was completely amazed for his song was being sung by a total stranger, a rich lady was interested in his sobering song.. But the his mind flushed back to what she had said earlier "my father works in Lagos". Jason was confused, did it mean he wasn't in Lagos, he was born and raised in Lagos, he remembered being strangled in Lagos but how come he wasn't there anymore?

"what state is this?" he asked.

Aliya was surprised but she answered "Osun state"

"what, Osun state! " he exclaimed.

" what happen, are you okay? "

" I'm fine, I mean I will be fine. Never mind " Jason said in a murmur. He knew Osun state was miles away. He didn't know that he had been carried to his current location by the fierce flood, he had also crawled further through the thick forest for three days to where he was now.

" I must leave now" Aliyah said repaterating him to his senses "we shall see tomorrow" she concluded..

"thank you Aliya, please be careful on your way" he said as the lady went on her way...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 12:51pm On Jul 06, 2017
Please enjoy
Re: Mask Hunter by Emperor380(m): 12:58pm On Jul 06, 2017
AyarmBoye:
Bro you are welcome,, Iv been following your work too..... Twist of life

Thanks you for following
Re: Mask Hunter by Toyin223(f): 1:12pm On Jul 06, 2017
AyarmBoye:
Please enjoy
grin
AyarmBoye:
Please enjoy
Re: Mask Hunter by queenitee(f): 1:19pm On Jul 06, 2017
Emperor380:
You are welcome, oya go and sit beside your mom
Re: Mask Hunter by Emperor380(m): 1:31pm On Jul 06, 2017
queenitee:

You are welcome, oya go and sit beside your mom

Aunt I want to sit with you, mum won't have any problem with that
Re: Mask Hunter by queenitee(f): 1:32pm On Jul 06, 2017
Emperor380:

Aunt I want to sit with you, mum won't have any problem with that
Oya lemme shift for you
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 1:38pm On Jul 06, 2017
queenitee:

Oya lemme shift for you
I hope this nephew of yours doesnt have other intentions....
Re: Mask Hunter by queenitee(f): 1:40pm On Jul 06, 2017
AyarmBoye:
I hope this nephew of yours doesnt have other intentions....
No o, his mom and I are very close. You know I'm the youngest of the sisters, so he's like my baby brother
Re: Mask Hunter by Ashegun2(m): 1:55pm On Jul 06, 2017
Emperor380:

Thanks you for following
story...........following you
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 1:55pm On Jul 06, 2017
queenitee:

No o, his mom and I are very close. You know I'm the youngest of the sisters, so he's like my baby brother
oh I see........ The family seems fascinating.. Perhaps I can join in, but as a brother - in - law to him ni o
Re: Mask Hunter by Matrycx(m): 2:09pm On Jul 06, 2017
lovin dis. d update is constant and it wil bring more followers. lov d name aliya weldone bro. hows ur day goin
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 2:21pm On Jul 06, 2017
Matrycx:
lovin dis. d update is constant and it wil bring more followers.
lov d name aliya weldone bro. hows ur day goin
thanks Bro.... Not easy to type though...... Day is moving fine. Thanks to the weather
Re: Mask Hunter by queenitee(f): 2:35pm On Jul 06, 2017
AyarmBoye:
oh I see........ The family seems fascinating.. Perhaps I can join in, but as a brother - in - law to him ni o
Ah ah ah, which of my sisters are you interested in.
Mhizgap, kimkardashain and Evajael. Kimberlywest is out of the game
Re: Mask Hunter by Ibunkun1(m): 2:47pm On Jul 06, 2017
Keep Up The Good Work Sir.Where There Is life,there Is Hope.Jason Will Surely Rise Again
Re: Mask Hunter by Kimkardashain(f): 2:54pm On Jul 06, 2017
queenitee:
Ah ah ah, which of my sisters are you interested in. Mhizgap, kimkardashain and Evajael. Kimberlywest is out of the game
hmmm who wants to marry,?
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 3:20pm On Jul 06, 2017
queenitee:

Ah ah ah, which of my sisters are you interested in.
Mhizgap, kimkardashain and Evajael. Kimberlywest is out of the game
hahaha...... Why out of the game..... Nah she gan gan Im gunning for... Her name alone can melt the heart of a cannibal
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 3:20pm On Jul 06, 2017
Ibunkun1:
Keep Up The Good Work Sir.Where There Is life,there Is Hope.Jason Will Surely Rise Again
thanks Ibunkun1.... One love

1 Like

Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 3:21pm On Jul 06, 2017
Kimkardashain:
hmmm who wants to marry,?
I..... Cover face
Re: Mask Hunter by Darkcrisp(f): 3:23pm On Jul 06, 2017
queenitee:
Ah ah ah, which of my sisters are you interested in. Mhizgap, kimkardashain and Evajael. Kimberlywest is out of the game

kimkardashain. Hehe
Re: Mask Hunter by Kimkardashain(f): 3:28pm On Jul 06, 2017
AyarmBoye:
hahaha...... Why out of the game..... Nah she gan gan Im gunning for... Her name alone can melt the heart of a cannibal
wait till stephenGee catches you, me iyam nt around oh
Re: Mask Hunter by Cyberrex(m): 3:43pm On Jul 06, 2017
dude thanks for the mention

but I have this questions, how does he save his money and where does he keep them? if I read correctly it seem he doesn't have an abode and only wander in that neighborhood

money from alms for five years ain't small man
Re: Mask Hunter by queenitee(f): 4:12pm On Jul 06, 2017
AyarmBoye:
Who now? Tell me

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (39) (Reply)

Birthmark / In Love With Her Pastor-episode 1 By Angelsss / Almost Paradise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.