Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) (69328 Views)

George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) / Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) / California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) by Explorers(m): 5:17am On Jul 02, 2017
The doors swung open at the stroke of midnight and the first of thousands of customers poured in all eager to be part of history.

At 12.01am Saturday, Nevada became the fifth state in the US to make selling recreational marijuana legal and fans of the drug came out in force.

Party town Las Vegas will be the biggest winner from the new legislation with a huge tax windfall of up to $60million predicted for the first two years.

Millions of tourists visiting Sin City are expected to make nearly two of every three purchases from marijuana retailers.

Some in the industry have said Vegas which attracts more than 42 million tourists annually will become the ‘mecca for marijuana’ overtakingthe likes of Amsterdam in Holland as the world capital of cannabis.

More than 500 people lined up outside the Euphoria Wellness dispensary in Enterprise, on the outskirts of Las Vegas, and cheers erupted as the doors opened.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/jul/01/leafing-las-vegas-recreational-marijuana-nevada?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C3445047476

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4657822/Midnight-lines-celebration-Nevada-legalizes-weed.html

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) by Explorers(m): 5:19am On Jul 02, 2017
A man shops for marijuana at The Source dispensary shortly after it opened on the stroke of midnight on Saturday.

Nevada became the fifth state to legalize marijuana at 12.01am on Saturday.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) by dechar(m): 5:22am On Jul 02, 2017
na so una crase go line up

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) by Explorers(m): 5:23am On Jul 02, 2017
Customers flooded into the Essence dispensary to examine the wares and buy up to an ounce of marijuana legally.

Cashiers rings up marijuana sale as Nevada becomes the fifth state to legally sell weed for recreational purposes.

12 Likes

Re: Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) by JayKayMaybachz(m): 5:25am On Jul 02, 2017
General Madness Loading

I am patiently waiting for the outcome of the legalization. ..
Na still Explorer go come here con post another headline ..
"Man Hacks Wife Down After Smoking 5 Wraps Of Marijuana"
Source: Daily Fail

128 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) by Explorers(m): 5:26am On Jul 02, 2017
Excitement.

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) by Explorers(m): 5:28am On Jul 02, 2017
Staff at Euphoria make the final preparations before opening their doors at the midnight.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) by Explorers(m): 5:29am On Jul 02, 2017
Edible cannabis products are displayed at Essence Vegas Cannabis Dispensary before the midnight start of recreational marijuana sales on June 30, 2017 in Las Vegas.

18 Likes

Re: Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) by Explorers(m): 5:31am On Jul 02, 2017
Where the crop is grown: Marijuana plants receive light at the Desert Grown Farms cultivation facility in Las Vegas on June 28 just prior to going on sale across Nevada.

13 Likes

Re: Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) by Nobody: 5:32am On Jul 02, 2017
Omo...yummy....abeg make Dem legalise am here two...can't wait to day buy ma weed freely.... Dis weed field makes me remember Ted

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) by Explorers(m): 5:33am On Jul 02, 2017
Kyle and Christian Flint were also near the front of the line.

‘Cannabis takes care of the pain, I’m 6ft 8ins, I grew fast.

Seriously, it helps with the bones, helps me relax after work,' said Kyle.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) by konkonbilo(m): 5:36am On Jul 02, 2017
This thread is not for me undecided let me comman be going

23 Likes

Re: Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) by Explorers(m): 5:36am On Jul 02, 2017
Bryce Tallitsch hangs up a sign for recreational marijuana at the NuLeaf dispensary in Las Vegas on Friday night.

Of the 48 dispensaries in Nevada 15 opened at midnight, including a larger dispensary called Essence on the Las Vegas Strip.

All dispensaries had worked furiously for eight months to prepare for the launch.

Voters approved the new legalisation eight months ago, making this the quickest turnaround from the ballot box to sales in the US.

While anyone who is 21 with a valid ID can snap up an ounce of pot or one-eighth of an ounce of edibles or concentrates, they'll have to bring cash.

Virtually no banks will take on accounts from marijuana companies, which means the industry is entirely cash-based.

12 Likes

Re: Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) by Lanceslot(m): 6:22am On Jul 02, 2017
JayKayMaybachz:
General Madness Loading

Very wrong mindset... A roll or 2 of well wrapped skunk will stabilise your brain and broadens your spirit.

108 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) by hopeforcharles(m): 6:25am On Jul 02, 2017
Hmmm I wonder if this is a good idea. Smoking issh.
Re: Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) by JayKayMaybachz(m): 6:35am On Jul 02, 2017
Lanceslot:
Very wrong mindset... A roll or 2 of well wrapped skunk will stabilise your brain and broadens your brain.
Oh well .. broadens the brain until it reacts.

let's wait and see brov

Nice development ... ain't hating

15 Likes

Re: Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) by Lojekunle: 6:41am On Jul 02, 2017
This is serious ����
Re: Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) by flamingREED(m): 6:48am On Jul 02, 2017
Truly, man being in honour and understands (not God) is like the beasts which perish.

There's no wisdom in the colour of a man's skin.

Wisdom Is From God.

18 Likes

Re: Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) by Bestinstinct(m): 6:52am On Jul 02, 2017
To me, it's a free world. The fact that I don't smoke doesn't make those who does bad. Just like the gay issh, as much as I detest it as a person, I can't force my believe on everyone. Freedom for all.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) by Cholls(m): 7:00am On Jul 02, 2017
my brother and sisters this America e be like say I go stop to go there(frm internet o haters) for them to even put igbo for chocolate very soon there little children go dey carry gun go elementary.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) by shortgun(m): 7:00am On Jul 02, 2017
Hahaha...
Re: Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) by falcon01: 7:13am On Jul 02, 2017
yawa dey oo people go dey high high anyhow
Re: Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) by Paulpaulpaul(m): 7:17am On Jul 02, 2017
Bad market for deveropers, this will affect market na

10 Likes

Re: Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 02, 2017
Wch kind wahala be this Nah..
Re: Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) by SPDAZZY(f): 8:07am On Jul 02, 2017
Hmmm, and the wahala continues. That means they could also legalize sale of Class A drugs.

Oya, all those people that have been hiding, you can now show face. See them, both young and old, with different excuses to give for the addiction.

2 Likes

Re: Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) by policy12: 8:17am On Jul 02, 2017
The end is near..

They legalised gun and this make them to kill at will,
They legalised abortion this caused them to throw even their moral value and humanity away.. and now
They legalised marijuana all.....

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) by Alitair(m): 8:51am On Jul 02, 2017
SARS is just doing anyhow. See civilized country...

"Those that do not smoke would never know why those that smoke do" one high old man

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) by UncleSnr(m): 9:36am On Jul 02, 2017
Explorers:
Excitement.
The Homie in the first pic be like "Thank you papa Jesus, I can't believe this".

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 02, 2017
see ignorant comments...
the same Oyibo wen brainwash Una to believe say marijuana is bad, is beginning to realize its mistake
and you guys are still stuck in the mud
#ifyoudontknowyouwontknow

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) by tivta(m): 10:50am On Jul 02, 2017
JayKayMaybachz:
General Madness Loading

It has been legal in California for years yet no man has hacked anyone to death. You obviously don't know how the drug works...

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) by Explorers(m): 11:17am On Jul 02, 2017
UncleSnr:
The Homie in the first pic be like "Thank you papa Jesus, I can't believe this".

Lol......

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Putin's Daughter Wanted To Japa But Her Father Refused / Donald Trump’s Inauguration Invitation Card + Full Timetable Of Events. / Whale Appears At The Shores Of A Beach In Sierra Leone (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.