Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,081 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2049770 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (1684) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 1:51pm On Jan 27, 2018
JUO:

you never told them you were refunded. i still have that respect for you as big bros and i believe others do too

Do you really want to go there James?

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viperVIP: 1:52pm On Jan 27, 2018
JUO:
@Kiekie1 can confirm that my refund doesn't take unto 24hrs
I sold two batteries to this boy about 4-5 months ago, after a while this boy complained that one of the batteries wasn't performing and i promised to replace it for him but he needs to pay part of the money since he is requesting for a new one and never kept the warranty agreement of adding solar to the setup and we concluded he should contact me whenever he has raised the money. even though he voided the agreement i still promised to replace it. that is for the battery case

Now the real issue (blackmail)
I sold the first cc to him, after a while he contacted me that someone took the cc that I should help him again and I said okay. he started paying the money bits by bits. he is using ups as inverter and i believe you all know what that means (nothing to charge the battery) i couldn't wait for him to complete the payment before sending him the cc although he later finished the payment and he was happy. few days later he contacted me again about panel and specifically requested for 200w mono coz he was using 180w mono, I said okay but kept complaining that phcn has gone for over 4 days. since he has started paying I sent him the panel hoping he will not runaway with my money. he wanted 200w but i felt sending him something higher at almost the same price will be better for him since is his personal use and with that the battery will charge faster. instead of 200w mono i sent him 305 poly original panel (almost new) and i told him there was a little a change meanwhile i never told him of any increment, I felt 305 poly will perform better than 200w mono ( but bad). he insisted on knowing the change i asked him to wait until he receives panel. my aim of not telling him about the increase in watts was to surprise him but foolish me. panel got to the destination 5 days (he finally paid up)without his knowledge only for me ask he said he has not received but later went to pick it up and that was when the issues started. the insult was too much for me so i requested for his account number for refund which i never received instead he requested for 10k refund and he will keep the panel or i come to his house and pickup the panel. all i got was insult instead of account number for refund. had to tell him that the cost of the 305w poly to him is 47k that if he is keeping the panel he needs to balance 5k and keep panel or send account for refund or still keep the panel or return it. account number never came insult continued i have no option than to ignor him the next thing i saw was battery transaction. the insult i received from him i have not receive it in the past 10 years
\

Hey kid because it's very stupid of you to have called me a "boy" I have never disrespected you, NO BLACKMAIL HERE

1. You didn't tell me about the solar before purchase, it was after delivery we talked and you mention that.\\
2. it's not up to 4-5 months, i stated date of purchase in there "1 Sept, 2017" and this is January, I didn't tell you one of the batteries, I wrote the batteries.
3. Now you want your reputation back because some people are against you, you are only beating around the bush, you helped me Did I pay fully eventually or I didn't? I have had cases to buy products from people, as long as I haven't taken the products away from your store, i can pay in "lesser-than-bits" indeed, it's my money and when I finish paying, you deliver... that's an agreement, so no gain saying.
4. Why on earth would you feel something is better for me, you be my papa why would you decide what I will do with my money kid?
5. You sent the panel, I needed POWER than anything else at that point, I can't wait for another 5-7 days for another panel, so I just had to install it that way which I told you. I installed it the next day I picked it up and let you know how horrible the transaction was. I really don't know if you think I have all the time in this world to keep waiting for you to amend your faults.
6. Out of frustration, I demanded a refund but then I felt it's not worth it. I'm not a greedy fellow, there's nothing I want to do with the 10k if I have it back. I'm not wishing you run at loss but then you did something extremely wrong.

I'm posting the whatsapp chats in my next post.

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viperVIP: 2:24pm On Jan 27, 2018
screenshots!

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viperVIP: 2:25pm On Jan 27, 2018
Screenshots!

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viperVIP: 2:26pm On Jan 27, 2018
Contd!

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viperVIP: 2:27pm On Jan 27, 2018
13-16pgs

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 2:28pm On Jan 27, 2018
What do you want to achieve by posting the whatsapp chats? He offered a refund and you said you did not want him to run at a loss out of consideration, then why bring it here? If you have let go of the panel transaction out of your own volition, then let go so we know it's only the battery issue that's still open. For the battery, whats your position? Replacement or refund?
viperVIP:
\

Hey kid because it's very stupid of you to have called me a "boy" I have never disrespected you, NO BLACKMAIL HERE

1. You didn't tell me about the solar before purchase, it was after delivery we talked and you mention that.\\
2. it's not up to 4-5 months, i stated date of purchase in there "1 Sept, 2017" and this is January, I didn't tell you one of the batteries, I wrote the batteries.
3. Now you want your reputation back because some people are against you, you are only beating around the bush, you helped me Did I pay fully eventually or I didn't? I have had cases to buy products from people, as long as I haven't taken the products away from your store, i can pay in "lesser-than-bits" indeed, it's my money and when I finish paying, you deliver... that's an agreement, so no gain saying.
4. Why on earth would you feel something is better for me, you be my papa why would you decide what I will do with my money kid?
5. You sent the panel, I needed POWER than anything else at that point, I can't wait for another 5-7 days for another panel, so I just had to install it that way which I told you. I installed it the next day I picked it up and let you know how horrible the transaction was. I really don't know if you think I have all the time in this world to keep waiting for you to amend your faults.
6. Out of frustration, I demanded a refund but then I felt it's not worth it. I'm not a greedy fellow, there's nothing I want to do with the 10k if I have it back. I'm not wishing you run at loss but then you did something extremely wrong.

I'm posting the whatsapp chats in my next post.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viperVIP: 2:28pm On Jan 27, 2018
17-20

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viperVIP: 2:30pm On Jan 27, 2018
21-24

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viperVIP: 2:32pm On Jan 27, 2018
|| end of discussion on whatsapp ||

so now my faults I want to know. 'cos this kid be talking like a dad talking to his boy.
I wonder what his age is.... thrash!

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viperVIP: 2:40pm On Jan 27, 2018
DMerciful:
What do you want to achieve by posting the whatsapp chats? He offered a refund and you said you did not want him to run at a loss out of consideration, then why bring it here? If you have let go of the panel transaction out of your own volition, then let go so we know it's only the battery issue that's still open. For the battery, whats your position? Replacement or refund?

@Dmerciful

I told you, I'm not here for the panel issue, I'm here for the battery issue and we have agreed that I will pay 130,000 and he will deliver 2 brand new batteries and that he has failed to give consent to when I'm ready. That's why I'm here. He referred back to the panel issue like he did me some favor and I need to let this shit out.

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ijeoma660(f): 2:42pm On Jan 27, 2018
chris81964:

If you did that and are getting more than 30 V from your PV. They are bigger than 100 Watts. Your voltage will be in the high teens after the controller kicks in on 100 watt panels.
Do you have the manual? You might want to connect them in series, thinner cables, longer distances and better efficiency. Good luck welcome to our world. The most I saw out of 2600 watts today was a little under 1500 watts. So if you are seeing over 300, you might really have 150 to 200 watt panels.

Today, I reconfigured the array from a 4nos parallel system to a 2series, 2parallel configuration. With the hope of stepping up the voltage headroom to be potentially converted to current. Also with higher voltage along the 10-metre PV supply line , less losses.

See before and after pictures and share any comments you might have please.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 2:48pm On Jan 27, 2018
JUO
Kindly close the battery issue based on final agreement and let everybody move on. I read the chats, and I maintain it's was a small issue that spiralled out of control. no wonder the Bible says that a soft answer turns away wrath but grievous words stir up anger.

Anyways.... I have Fangusun, EPSOLAR controllers for sale. Whatsapp me if interested
viperVIP:

@Dmerciful

I told you, I'm not here for the panel issue, I'm here for the battery issue and we have agreed that I will pay 130,000 and he will deliver 2 brand new batteries and that he has failed to give consent to when I'm ready. That's why I'm here. He referred back to the panel issue like he did me some favor and I need to let this shit out.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makavele: 3:00pm On Jan 27, 2018
DMerciful:
. . .
And I will advice you forget about insults, it's normal when dealing with the public... do u know how much insult The President is facing? Even in this forum we have a guy that throws insult like kilode . . .

tongue tongue Guy;no make me laugh abeg . . So you know, then when I throw 1 or 2 jabs below the belt,
you will be shitting your pants . . . hehe
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makavele: 3:06pm On Jan 27, 2018
chris81964:

Do you really want to go there James?

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makavele: 3:31pm On Jan 27, 2018
After reading the whatsapp chat, I'm like shocked shocked shocked shocked

Brick & Mortar shops, activated !!!

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makavele: 3:32pm On Jan 27, 2018
Ijeoma660:

Today, I reconfigured the array from a 4nos parallel system to a 2series, 2parallel configuration. With the hope of stepping up the voltage headroom to be potentially converted to current. Also with higher voltage along the 10-metre PV supply line , less losses.

See before and after pictures and share any comments you might have please.

It's hard to tell . . when power hits abouts 300-320 Watts ; send a snapshot

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viperVIP: 3:36pm On Jan 27, 2018
makavele:
After reading the whatsapp chat, I'm like shocked shocked shocked shocked

Brick & Mortar shops, activated !!!

Leave him, from his own post, he's a SAINT and a VERY KIND MAN.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makavele: 3:47pm On Jan 27, 2018
viperVIP:

Leave him, from his own post, he's a SAINT and a VERY KIND MAN.

And for those reading, combing different wattage panels doesn't just work like that.;
else the bigger panel would be dragged down and start to behave like the small panel . . so a waste of money.
Their specs need to be matched as closely as possible (allowing for about 10% up or down variance)
When connecting in series, the Imp (and/or Isc) should be matched as close as possible
When in parallel, the Vmp( and/or Voc) should be matched as closely as possible.

While it is not best practice, at least it would suffice !!!

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 4:25pm On Jan 27, 2018
makavele:

And for those reading, combing different wattage panels doesn't just work like that.;
else the bigger panel would be dragged down and start to behave like the small panel . . so a waste of money.
Their specs need to be matched as closely as possible (allowing for about 10% up or down variance)
When connecting in series, the Imp (and/or Isc) should be matched as close as possible
When in parallel, the Vmp( and/or Voc) should be matched as closely as possible.

That's right. I read that part too that it doesn't matter and I was like cry

If a customer wants chicken and you give him elephant, he won't appreciate it cos: he values chicken more or he's suspicious of the substitution. In this case, while the seller thought he's adding value, the buyer thought he's been cheated.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viperVIP: 4:52pm On Jan 27, 2018
makavele:

Exactly my reason for being upset. it will just occupy unnecessary space and affect my next upgrade in case I choose to.
I already have 180w and I decided 200w will be manageable. then I have this Billboard with a conviction that it will do magic.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 5:55pm On Jan 27, 2018
viperVIP:

Exactly my reason for being upset. it will just occupy unnecessary space and affect my next upgrade in case I choose to.
I already have 180w and I decided 200w will be manageable. then I have this Billboard with a conviction that it will do magic.
This is too bad if you order for an item and get delivered another item you should return it at sellers cost and a refund if the item is not available. You should not have accepted the 305watts panel. Lesson learnt. All dealers should have the integrity to send items discussed and agreed to with buyers angry

Anyway has JUO agreed for the battery replacement as you guys had discussed?

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viperVIP: 6:10pm On Jan 27, 2018
DUNKA:
This is too bad if you order for an item and get delivered another item you should return it at sellers cost and a refund if the item is not available. You should not have accepted the 305watts panel. Lesson learnt. All dealers should have the integrity to send items discussed and agreed to with buyers angry

Anyway has JUO agreed for the battery replacement as you guys had discussed?

NO

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by RipVanWink: 7:11pm On Jan 27, 2018
viperVIP:

JUO DID wrong for sending a different item from what you want, combining panels would not work, its inefficient, and not recommended, ur plan to hv 2 units 200w was in order, JUo messed it up with his do good antics -- when he doesnt hv the full picture. this shud serve as a learning point to him!!!.

so kiekie is also guilty of this same shenagians.sending a 12kva relay stab instead of a 10kva servo..na wo..this guys really take their clients for fools.imagine such effontery, wonder when naija biz men will tow the path of honor and uprightness.

i bought an mppt cc from kiekie sometime ago..and when i powered it, i saw some data of few months ago!..meaning that the cc had been used by someone previously for a few wks.i didnt bother confronting him, but that put me on my guard when ever am transacting with him.

only c0ogumuo -solardepotng that hasnt performed any hanky panky on any purchase, i rate him a solid A+

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makavele: 8:26pm On Jan 27, 2018
Hmmmn, I love how the revelations keep
coming up!
He prolly thought he was sending the client
12kva which is higher than 10kva
Hahahahaha, i laugh in Nairalandese !!!

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by khanka: 8:45pm On Jan 27, 2018

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 11:40pm On Jan 27, 2018
In life.. S**t can happen. Go to Amazon / AliExpress review section, even the most highly related item have reviews that would shock you. Same with brick and mortal. It would be so nice to have a place like home depot in Nigeria but alas we do not have the customer base to support such. Kiekie, Juo and many other seller on here have handled thousands of deals that have gone smoothly without issues. How we handle conflicts matter alot.

Even oga George once had issues with someone who claim he got a wrong panel from what was advertised to him. In the end things were resolved. It is important that we always find path of least conflict in all our dealings. Here is an example.

I once bought some used panels from a member here. When the panels were delivered. Found out one had experienced burn out and had a wound. The other was ok but both didn't gave stickers to verify they were truly first grade panels that was claimed. I was very angry and at first felt cheated. Thankfully I calmly involved the seller about my observations. He was sorry and promised to send another panel to replace the bad one. He did.. And added yet another one even though I told him he would receive delayed payment. 2 day I gave 4 extra panel. The one with the burn out still works with almost zero degrade in harvest compared to the rest. And I got it for free. Today me and Seller are still in good terms.

How we handle conflict matters alot. I have once refunded a buyer of my PWM with a replacement after he complained of what I sold him. Till date I never got the replacement. I didn't complain or insult him. Even when he reach out to me recently. Throwing insult will not get any body anywhere.

For sellers : we learn everyday and am sure everyone would have taken a lesson or two from this episode.

Cover yourself : never give warranty beyond what you are given by the product manufacturer.

Never give warranty on a used product. It should be a case of buyers beware.

Spell out the terms of sale. Let the buyer know the level of support he is to expect from you.

No body knows it all. Our sellers have been great for the most part. We should not forget the customized service and support we get from them. Millions naira worth of transactions has taken place here without an hitch with both parties going home smiling. Let's remember that

12 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by babniyen(m): 4:31am On Jan 28, 2018
I have a 290 w canadian solar panel for sale. It is less than a month old. Reason for sale: I need to replace it with 2 150W panels. Price 50K. Will deliver to Mainland Lagos.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 6:03am On Jan 28, 2018
viperVIP:

PAGE 14 makes me bleed!

JUO who can afford to send 305w can easily send 200w (despite being paid in piecemeal) though he realized that late and wanted his panel back.

Anyway Sha! JUO ur my man any day. The panel issue like he said - is over.

Battery issues are sensitive and
Warranty is warranty (even though ur sharing cost) if you still want your pride pls act fast and Iearn from this. After all we never stop learning.

Just my piece!

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Chuckdee(m): 7:45am On Jan 28, 2018
bigrovar:
In life.. S**t can happen. Go to Amazon / AliExpress review section, even the most highly related item have reviews that would shock you. Same with brick and mortal. It would be so nice to have a place like home depot in Nigeria but alas we do not have the customer base to support such. Kiekie, Juo and many other seller on here have handled thousands of deals that have gone smoothly without issues. How we handle conflicts matter alot.

Even oga George once had issues with someone who claim he got a wrong panel from what was advertised to him. In the end things were resolved. It is important that we always find path of least conflict in all our dealings. Here is an example.

I once bought some used panels from a member here. When the panels were delivered. Found out one had experienced burn out and had a wound. The other was ok but both didn't gave stickers to verify they were truly first grade panels that was claimed. I was very angry and at first felt cheated. Thankfully I calmly involved the seller about my observations. He was sorry and promised to send another panel to replace the bad one. He did.. And added yet another one even though I told him he would receive delayed payment. 2 day I gave 4 extra panel. The one with the burn out still works with almost zero degrade in harvest compared to the rest. And I got it for free. Today me and Seller are still in good terms.

How we handle conflict matters alot. I have once refunded a buyer of my PWM with a replacement after he complained of what I sold him. Till date I never got the replacement. I didn't complain or insult him. Even when he reach out to me recently. Throwing insult will not get any body anywhere.

For sellers : we learn everyday and am sure everyone would have taken a lesson or two from this episode.

Cover yourself : never give warranty beyond what you are given by the product manufacturer.

Spell out the terms of sale. Let the buyer know the level of support he is to expect from you.

No body knows it all. Our sellers have been great for the most part. We should not forget the customized service and support we get from them. Millions naira worth of transactions has taken place here without an hitch with both parties going home smiling. Let's remember that

Very well said.. Nothing else to add. Thank you Bigrovar

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:21am On Jan 28, 2018
bigrovar:

Happy Sunday Mr Bigrover ! You said it all in a very constructive manner and I applaud you whole heartedly for this outstanding write up. We are all human & we learn daily . No man is perfect , not excluding couples under marital bliss unless you choose to wash your dirty laundry in public which I abhore .. Its a very big family in here and I specifically try my possible best & God knows best . Most call it a faceless forum smiley , yet millions of transacts are made and no funny story is raised on fraud .. Efuro has once experienced fractured panel due to transport-haulage carelesness based on logistics but I was so pained when I was informed and he sorted it all out and let bygone be bygone and never came up here to post about how a cat bit a dog et al ! (Efuro my deep apologies once again Sir) ! That was the first time and last a solar panel was complained about been cracked/broken on transit throughout numerous supplies.. I deeply apologise to few who bear grudges on few mistakes made in the past as I make deliberate behavioral-attitudinal changes everyday . Those using brick & mortar analogy seems to forget what someone analysed up above about the distribution schematic issues from manufacturer down to end users in Nigeria. Few companies will take full responsibility whilst some will shy away and speak long grammar on a little issue, few years ago Prag was known for this "malicious abuse" language on products still with warranty. Jumia/konga issues are treated slow most times in some of these companies .. Genus has been found wanting on constant replacement of failed batteries and clients get tired and frustrated on using the said Genus batteries even after the rigorous change process in the company . Brick & Mortar but not everybody can afford the purchase stress of 1 retail unit for hours before supplies, waiting for a company installer to come install after purchase , company retail costs etc most are just window shoppers . So when you say "brick & mortar" does it mean the young shall not grow ? Your office in Lagos might not be very appealing , yet people patronise your little service hoping you grow someday .. Most of us work under dealership and Affiliation's for pick up as we are always on the move in different States. It calls for no mockery at all as most do business from the convenience of their homes like e-commerce, e-exams but you need to be good to effect more referrals in this type of business .. We are indeed in a dynamic society and I urge everybody to be happy and share issues when matters arises privately to maintain a harmonious relationship.
Companies sometimes have issues , they know and that's why we have the public relations dept "customer section" to ease good PR for bigger companies and we need an understanding manager with good spirit to forge ahead in the retail system too.. We all need to understand each other ... Thanks & remain blessed !!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:31am On Jan 28, 2018
Chuckdee:

Very well said.. Nothing else to add. Thank you Bigrovar

Boss , happy Sunday ! Hope Abuja is cool smiley ..My regards to your family Sir !!

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (1684) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.