Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,034 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu (38502 Views)

Yinka Oyebode: EKSG Letter To Obas: Purely An Administrative Issue / Steer Clear From Ebonyi State, Ebonyi youth Dares Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB / EYP Congratulates Oyebode, Encourages Fayemi To Appoints More Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu by sukkot: 6:06pm On Jul 08, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

You answered my question
well I am not hausa so I dont understand your logic. I am yoruba
Re: Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu by plaetton: 6:08pm On Jul 08, 2017
OLORIPAPA:
To God I don't understand the rational behind this Biafra ideology....
I for one suggests Biafra should be included in the dictionary and it should mean:delusional ideology.

So because you don't understand something, that thing is meaningless? shocked
If you fail to understand something, let's say in school, doesn't that make you the one who suffers perhaps a learning deficit ?

And this learning deficit that I am referring to is even highlighted by the fact that it is grand folly, in fact, only a fool would openly criticize or mock something, in this case , an ideology which he openly confesses not to understand.
undecided undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu by permit(m): 6:11pm On Jul 08, 2017
and by brodas from yoruba celebrated this one, count him among the educated 1s....... Kikikiki this is the type of profs we found in... Home of Education

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu by hilroy: 6:12pm On Jul 08, 2017
juman:

It has reach a stage to include it in the constitution.
Because one nigeria is a failure, hence any ethnic group or region that desire to be separated from nigeria should be allowed to go.

Note: i am not from SE, but I like them to have their biafra so that they are free from one nigeria headache.

I also want them to have their Biafra. But I want them to have it peacefully, and the only way to have it through that means is by inclusion of referendum clause in the constitution. Our present 1999 constitution doesn't have referendum clause. For the referendum clause to be included in the constitution the bill has to be passed in the legislative chambers. So what Igbos need to do is to compel their legislatures and political leaders to fight for inclusion of referendum in the constitution. Cownu inciting the political scene or violating the laws of the country won't give them their Biafra, it will only make others to hate them. The 2nd option they have is to take up arms against the country which will result in alot of casualties.
Re: Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu by cytell56: 6:21pm On Jul 08, 2017
Hizzy:
the way Gani Adams is using Oduduwa republic to make money

Mumucious. Is Gani Adams claiming being the leader of the Yoruba's unlike Kanu.
I dey sorry for una.
Re: Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu by plaetton: 6:22pm On Jul 08, 2017
ShootToKill:
Mor0nic product of free and watery education. He probably got his professorship from osun university. 'Professorial' ewedu-eating buffoon who only want to listen to what they want to hear.

When Idoma people go to Umuahia to tell kanu they are Biafrans, the ewedu scoundrels seal their ears with superglue and aradite but when some electoral theives who can't survive without politics money proclaim that 'Anambra is not part of Biafra' you see them drink gallons of oily ewedu soup in celebration making us believe that Biafra is somehow tied to their oduduwa placenta. Same people who claim they don't care about Biafra.

Bring an Ak-47 to the front of that nylon-shiit throwing professor, and see him shout 'ye E gba mi o' 'o ti o'. Congenital cowards

grin grin

Akin Oyebode is actually a very well grounded intellectual.
A professor of law with a Marxist- Leninist leanings back in the days.
During the anti-apartheid struggles, he was passionately outspoken.

I am just shocked that he thinks that Biafran agitation is not a legitimate agitation, and that Nnamdi Kanu is not a legitimate freedom fighter.
I mean, by his jaundiced logic, the ANC of South Africa should have also challenged the White South African army to a winner-takes-all battle, or simply just shut up and abandoned the anti-apartheid struggles altogether.

When it comes to matters relating to Igbos , the Southwest intelligentsia , with notable exceptions, seem to speak in tongues.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu by augustine: 6:23pm On Jul 08, 2017
nigerdeltaaa:

http://dailypost.ng/2017/07/08/biafra-fight-military-keep-quiet-oyebode-dares-nnamdi-kanu/?utm_source=dlvr.it_dp1&utm_medium=facebook
East Timo became an independent nation from Indonesia. The whole exercise was supervised by UN and no war was fought. That man's professorship in international relations is suspect.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu by Warship: 6:23pm On Jul 08, 2017
hilroy:

Nobody is against referendum for Biafra. All we are telling you is to follow the right procedure. Since referendum is not in Nigeria constitution, what you all need is to ask one of your senators to sponsor the bill to include it in the constitution. The second option is for you to take up arms against Nigeria just like Ojukwu did which is what the prof. said. All the freedom Cownu is enjoying is because we are in democratic government and the federal government of Nigeria is lenient

illiterate

What should the Igbos do once other ethnic groups oppose referendum at the national assembly

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu by OLORIPAPA: 6:28pm On Jul 08, 2017
plaetton:

So because you don't understand something, that thing is meaningless? shocked
If you fail to understand something, let's say in school, doesn't that make you the one who suffers perhaps a learning deficit ?

And this learning deficit that I am referring to is even highlighted by the fact that it is grand folly, in fact, only a fool would openly criticize or mock something, in this case , an ideology which he openly confesses not to understand.
undecided undecided
I am all hears sir...pls could u explain to me?
Re: Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 08, 2017
cytell56:

Mumucious. Is Gani Adams claiming being the leader of the Yoruba's unlike Kanu.
I dey sorry for una.
but Gani Adamas is the leader of Opc just lik Kanu is the leader of IPOB so aturu did u understand

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu by bantudra: 6:46pm On Jul 08, 2017
juman:

Use your sense.
The right procedure is through referendum that was he and his group asking for.

even sef referenting is a choice,first you have to change the constitution to allow that..

but wait..people have to vote if they even want referenting...you cant force it on people...

the south south will deny it....you have been insulting the deltans that have other views over a year now...

they can easily deny to hold a referenting in the delta just to pay una back for all insults...tit for tat..
and i heard that igboid tribes in the delta are not even a majority sef.... undecided

then it can hold in the 5 eastern states...

but wait....the chance that some states will not want is high too.....their is division between ipob,massob,the people,elders,politicians already....

this can be a very long process that can take years!!!!....

but the damage and lifes lost could be unbearable...

i dont think this biafra thing is a good idea... undecided
Re: Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 08, 2017
Igboesika:

Exactly, if these people are not opposing Biafra, trust me, we wouldn't have gotten to this level.
It's just like a situation where someone is angry and shouting,the more you oppose that person, the more the person's anger increases and the more outsiders are paying attention to the quarrel . But if you ignore the person, the motivation for anger won't be there.
Those opposing Ipob is obviously helping them indirectly.
As for that professor... Check him very well, he's a product of backyard. This is Nigeria where you can obtain any qualification as long as you have the cash or the connections. How can this poo come out from someone who claims to be a professor ?

The idiot think that it's about guns and military. He forgot that Nigeria is no longer in military regime but civilian regimes and democracy, that self determination and biafra restoration is about intellectual approach not war and guns as they always expecting.

Chinwa Achebe once asked his executive director as journalist and activists during Biafra and Nigeria war which Nigeria military always be the first to assault nonsense women, children and unarmed civilians.

When Nigeria military were going after reporters and media, as the man told him how military are looking for him.

He responded "ARE THEY LOOKING FOR A GUN OR MY PEN?"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu by hilroy: 6:54pm On Jul 08, 2017
Warship:

illiterate

What should the Igbos do once other ethnic groups oppose referendum at the national assembly

Then take up arms against Nigeria. Don't be scared, you can do it.
Re: Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu by bantudra: 7:00pm On Jul 08, 2017
even referenting can take years before its conducted... undecided

if you wan get biafra quick,you must take it by force!!!!....

everything else is making noise....

democratic processes are always very slow all over the world..... undecided

i dont think ipobians have the patience for a democratical way....

look how insulting they are already today...??...

do we nigerians think the ipobians have the nerves to wait another decade before holding referenting..??...

democratic ways go very long....
Re: Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu by Okoroawusa: 7:05pm On Jul 08, 2017
Igboesika:

Exactly, if these people are not opposing Biafra, trust me, we wouldn't have gotten to this level.
It's just like a situation where someone is angry and shouting,the more you oppose that person, the more the person's anger increases and the more outsiders are paying attention to the quarrel . But if you ignore the person, the motivation for anger won't be there.
As for that professor... Check him very well, he's a product of backyard. This is Nigeria where you can obtain any qualification as long as you have the cash or the connections. How can this poo come out from someone who claims to be a professor ?
nwannem,biko remind me which level. ve we gotten to in d biafran actualization?
Re: Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 08, 2017
vedaxcool:
But a goat cannot confront the lion....

Even when your colleagues realizing the truth you are yet to think straight. You need a deliverance.

Shame on you.

Re: Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu by iaamxavier(m): 7:27pm On Jul 08, 2017
grin jesooss! See as biafrans murdered this skull miners in this thread Lol
Re: Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu by kizyalex10(m): 7:39pm On Jul 08, 2017
willibounce1:

Noo you wrong. They are not the igbos eating from national cake. They are igbos who have worked hard and are successful. They are igbos who are into reasonable businesses and understand that business thrives when you don't discriminate against anybody because every Nigerian will use your products or buy what you sell not minding your tribe. Majority of the miscreants running after Nnamdi kanu won't reject money or job offer from a yoruba or hausa man but will be quick to insult them and preach hate towards them.

the igbos following nnamdi kanu up and down are the jobless lots, the struggling palm wine tappers and village hunters, the touts in the market and the senseless ones who sell petty stuffs and hardly make any reasonable profit daily. Their poverty and laziness had turned their brain upside down and they think Biafra will change their condition. They are praying that the successful igbos go back to square one like them so that they can all become poor. Many of them are envious of their successful brothers who have made it in Nigeria. You people claim igbos are the most successful and own 90% of the properties in Nigeria. If that is so, why would any successful igbo who own part of the 90% choice properties in Nigeria support a Biafra that is borne out of senseless hatred of a jobless nnamdi kanu? How can kanu who doesn't have a job or any property to his name want to mislead successful igbos who have worked hard for what they have. Kanu wey still dey live for him papa house?
u re right in some of ur point nt all,now let me break it down a little,the successful business men yes might be against it because they struggled to survive nd own d properties all over d country.maybe they re scared to loose it.the people who u re calling jobless nd palm wine tappers re maybe more educated nd more enlightened than our nothern folks.but yet they re ignored when the matters of national interest arises.do u knw that igbo graduates beg to be in d army recruit but an hausa boy who is nt even sure of his waec will be offered d job without struggle,jamb registration,check d numbers from d east nd dat of the north.check d employment list of the government compare d north nd d east again.now u see what am talking about.marginalisation.there re people who knows they deserve better but they re ignored because u re nt a northerner.my course mate in d university,who graduated with first class nd has don his masters degree is begging me jst last week to find him a job.can u imagine that?while a northerner who is jst with waec is enjoying government jobs.did u see what was allocated to the east nd dat of the north?(budget)tell me d national development that the eastern part of Nigeria have enjoyed unlike our counterparts.is nt everybody that have d ability to do business,nd even if they have,not all dat have d resources to do the business.so the people u call touts nd jobless,most of them re graduates of which some of them lands were sold,money were borrowed to see them through schools nd they didn't disappoint either,some came out with good grade.with the expectation that they will get a good job nd repay what ever that was invested in them,but unfortunately,they come out,no job,they can't feed themselves nt to talk of their ageing parents.yet they see hw their northern counterparts re given prefrencial treatment.police recruitment,even constable,graduates apply without success but once u re from d northern part,u re sure of the job.so why won't they agitate.
Re: Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu by Guestlander: 7:39pm On Jul 08, 2017
iaamxavier:
grin jesooss! See as biafrans murdered this skull miners in this thread Lol

Murdered with the thread all drenched in Biafran tears.
Re: Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu by cytell56: 7:45pm On Jul 08, 2017
Hizzy:
but Gani Adamas is the leader of Opc just lik Kanu is the leader of IPOB so aturu did u understand

Na spare parts you dey sell. Is Gani adams agitating emancipation and seperation? Oh sorry you cant even understand the English
Re: Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu by ipob1(m): 8:19pm On Jul 08, 2017
Yorubas are educated na like this nah. They don't even know that is war breaks out. Yorubas will suffer more cos we will invade yorubaland nd every investment there both international nd oil money development will be destroyed. I pity u people dreaming of war cos u will loss!

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu by laudate: 8:20pm On Jul 08, 2017
Igboesika:
If you do not agree with a person's comments, then state exactly the reason for your disagreement. sad There is no need to deride him or denigrate his qualifications.

Professor Akin Oyebode is a highly qualified legal practitioner and an academic. undecided He was former Head of Department of International Law, in the University of Lagos, as well as Dean of Law. He is a graduate of Harvard University USA. He has taught Law for over 40 years, and among his former students are 20 Judges in Lagos State. Some of them are in the Court of Appeal, while others have either been Governors or Deputy Governors. There was a time about seven Attorneys General in this country, were recorded to have passed through his class.

Some of his old students are Professors Taiwo Osipitan, Imran Smith, Amos Utuama, who have all taken silk as Senior Advocates of Nigeria (SAN) too. Professor Akin Oyebode also served as former Vice-Chancellor of Ekiti State University.

Born on December 9, 1947 in Ado-Ekiti, Profesor Oyebode attended Christ’s School, Ado-Ekiti from 1960 to 1966; Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University, Kiev, Ukraine (1967 -1973); Harvard Law School, Cambridge, United States of America (1974 – 1975); Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, Toronto, Canada (1981 – 1988) and Nigerian Law School, Lagos (1990 -1991).

His professional and academic qualifications include WASC Grade One (1964); HSC (1966); GCE ‘A’Level (1966); LL.M. with Highest Distinction (1973); Diploma in Russian Language (1973); LLM (1975); Doctor of Jurisprudence (1988) and Certificate of Call to Bar (1991).

The renowned Professor of International Law joined the services of the University of Lagos as an Assistant Lecturer in 1973. He was appointed Lecturer Grade II in 1976, Lecturer Grade I in 1978 and Senior Lecturer in 1981.

He moved to Ondo State University (now University of Ado-Ekiti) as Professor and Dean, Faculty of Law from 1992 to 1997. In 1998, he returned to the University of Lagos as a Professor.

His academic and administrative acumen earned him top positions within the University of Ado-Ekiti including Vice-Chancellor (2000 – 2004); Pioneer Professor and Dean of Law from 1992 to 1997; Chairman of Security Committee (1994 – 1997) as well as member of the University Governing Council (1994 -1997) and Senate (1992 -1997) among others.

Professor Oyebode who is actively involved in research, teaching and supervision of students at all levels including doctoral candidates is a writer per excellence. He has to his credit over one hundred and seventy (170) publications including Theses and Dissertations (2); Books and Monographs (cool ; Chapters in Books and Published Proceedings (37); Articles in Journals (cool; Technical Papers (commissioned, 110) Book Reviews (3) and unpublished major Conference/Seminar Papers (cool.

He is a member of learned societies and professional associations such as the Nigerian Society of International Law, American Society of International Law, International Law Association, Nigerian Association of Law Teachers, Nigerian Bar Association and Nigerian Institute of Management.

The Chairman of the Office of International Relatons, Partnerships and Prospects, University of Lagos, Professor Akin Oyebode has been appointed member of the Governing Council, Nigeria Institute of International Affairs (NIIA).

President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, His Excellency, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR, approved the appointment of Professor Oyebode as a member of the Governing Council, in line with the First Schedule, Section 1 of the Nigerian Institute of International Affairs Act (Cap 311). The formal inauguration of newly constituted NIIA Governing Council was held on Thursday, September 20, 2012. http://www.unilag.edu.ng/newsdetails.php?NewsID=972
Re: Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu by laudate: 8:30pm On Jul 08, 2017
hilroy:
I also want them to have their Biafra. But I want them to have it peacefully, and the only way to have it through that means is by inclusion of referendum clause in the constitution. Our present 1999 constitution doesn't have referendum clause. For the referendum clause to be included in the constitution the bill has to be passed in the legislative chambers. So what Igbos need to do is to compel their legislatures and political leaders to fight for inclusion of referendum in the constitution. Cownu inciting the political scene or violating the laws of the country won't give them their Biafra, it will only make others to hate them. The 2nd option they have is to take up arms against the country which will result in alot of casualties.
May God continue to increase the wisdom He has deposited in your life! cool This is the same gospel, I have been preaching to those IPOB crew, for quite a while. Compel your House of Reps members and all the Senators from your zone to present a bill on the Biafran agitation and the need for referendum, both in the green and red chamber. Let them lobby others to buy into their views, and debate it successfully in both chambers, until they can muster enough support to get an assent to it. Have they done so? No! sad Instead they keep insulting other ethnic groups up and down, thinking that insults will work in their favour... mtcheew. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu by reality1010: 8:32pm On Jul 08, 2017
Kai!imagine thrash coming from a professor of international studies.education don suffer.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu by Warship: 8:40pm On Jul 08, 2017
hilroy:

Then take up arms against Nigeria. Don't be scared, you can do it.

You see why it is not good to be an illiterate

IPOB is not going to waste their time going through the National Assembly but will go straight to the United Nations.
Re: Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu by joeyfire(m): 8:43pm On Jul 08, 2017
Such base motor park logic. So called Prof talking like a drunk and making absolutely no sense.

A law professor who doesnt know that the constitution can be amended to allow for a referendum, is that one a law professor? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu by edupedia: 8:44pm On Jul 08, 2017
Danielmoore:
Arindin as if his children will be part of the military

....he is more knowledgeable than the whole of your reckless IPOB village put together...olodo...

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu by laudate: 8:50pm On Jul 08, 2017
joeyfire:
Such base motor park logic. So called Prof talking like a drunk and making absolutely no sense.

A law professor who doesnt know that the constitution can be amended to allow for a referendum, is that one a law professor? grin grin
You had better listen to him. He is telling you the law, as it currently is - and not the law as it ought to be. There is a major difference. If you want him to offer you advisory services on how the law can be changed, so that a clause on referendum can be included, then you had better consult him to get his expert legal opinion. undecided
Re: Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 08, 2017
cytell56:

Na spare parts you dey sell. Is Gani adams agitating emancipation and seperation? Oh sorry you cant even understand the English
but he's agitating for Oduduwa republic what's the difference b/w him and Kanu
Re: Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu by joeyfire(m): 8:56pm On Jul 08, 2017
laudate:

You had better listen to him. He is telling you the law, as it currently is - and not the law as it ought to be. There is a major difference. If you want him to offer you advisory services on how the law can be changed, so that a clause on referendum can be included, then you had better consult him to get his expert legal opinion. undecided

He did not mention any law just a very silly beer parlour opinion. If you see where he stated the law you can show me
Re: Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu by laudate: 8:58pm On Jul 08, 2017
Splashme:
So, Prof Akin Oyebode, a man who calls himself Professor of International law and jurisprudence does not know that the United Nations constitution contains a 'Self Determination Charter/Referendum' and that Nigeria is a signatory?

I shake my head for the quality of education in this country and the people parading themselves as professors

The man is a massive disgrace
If he is a disgrace, then what are you? sad He has just told you the position of the law in Nigeria as it is, with regard to self-determination. For your information, there is nothing like United Nations constitution. The United Nations has Charters, Treaties, Protocols etc., and not constitutions. And Prof. Oyebode has interpreted the UN clause on Self Determination within the current context of Nigerian law, for you. So why are you upset? Because he did not lie to you, by saying what you would like to hear? shocked I am waiting for an Igbo Professor of International Law (among your IPOB sympathisers) to contradict Prof. Oyebode's view with facts, figures, logic and legal proof. undecided
Re: Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu by CorperKola: 9:39pm On Jul 08, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

Says someone whose father is irrelevant
U are a great fool
Ur whole generation is irrelevant
ode
u dont know how common professors are since ur generation is so cursed with failure and suffering.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Simon Ekpa Declares Sit-At-Home Tomorrow. Warns Emmanuel Kanu. / #PMBInLagos: Buhari Lands In Lagos To Commission Dangote Fertiliser Plant / A Copy Of The SSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.