Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Outrageous Custom Duties, Any Real Way To Calculate Accurate Duty On Cars?? - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Outrageous Custom Duties, Any Real Way To Calculate Accurate Duty On Cars?? (19371 Views)

Are These The Worst Paint Jobs Ever Done On Cars? / The 10 Wonders Nigerian Khaz Custom Did On Cars With Wraps (pictures) / Nigeria Customs Gives Deadline For Payment Of Import Duty On All Smuggled Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outrageous Custom Duties, Any Real Way To Calculate Accurate Duty On Cars?? by komekn(m): 5:04pm On Jul 26, 2017
So it is becoming apparent that the customs evaluation unit is a law unto themselves.

They do not have a clear defined unit of measurement to determine value. Or rather they chosen to shroud it in secrecy.

A question arises how then are people in Nigeria after discovering no duty was paid on thier car. Are able to go online and ascertain the duty required and make payment retrospectively in effect

If pressure was put on NPA to limit the influence of the customs and increase revenue indeed foreign exchange.

By making an online system where you can pay duty with clear cut defined parameters. Online to Nigerian customs at the port of departure before it leaves for Nigeria. Car arrives in Nigeria already pre- inspection has already taken place. Limits undue delay, administrative costs and staffing costs. You then pick up your vehicle no wahala.

Very easily done in partnership with ports and shipping lines abroad and with the NPA that limits customs ability to abuse and introduce normal corrupt practices.

2 Likes

Re: Outrageous Custom Duties, Any Real Way To Calculate Accurate Duty On Cars?? by oliverjiad(m): 5:28pm On Jul 26, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Please clarify this for me.
ALL vehicles entering Nigeria, regardless of class/size, pays 35% duty?
Thanks.
yes except anything from 2014 upwards that attracts levy of 35%

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Custom Duties, Any Real Way To Calculate Accurate Duty On Cars?? by justice4ever: 9:18am On Jul 27, 2017
Re: Outrageous Custom Duties, Any Real Way To Calculate Accurate Duty On Cars?? by oliverjiad(m): 9:21am On Jul 27, 2017
justice4ever:

So currently for instance how much will clear a 2014 or 2015 SUV like Prado or Gx460 for instance.

cc saintjoel,
prado
2014:#3.8m
2015:#4.5m

GX460
2014:#4.8m
2015:#6m

jaid
Re: Outrageous Custom Duties, Any Real Way To Calculate Accurate Duty On Cars?? by Elinex: 1:46pm On Jul 28, 2017
oliverjiad:
prado
2014:#3.8m
2015:#4.5m

GX460
2014:#4.8m
2015:#6m

jaid

These are customs duty? Na wa oo..
How much will it cost to clear a 2010 MB ML350 and 2010 MB C300

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Custom Duties, Any Real Way To Calculate Accurate Duty On Cars?? by oliverjiad(m): 3:13pm On Jul 28, 2017
Elinex:

These are customs duty? Na wa oo..
How much will it cost to clear a 2010 MB ML350 and 2010 MB C300
2010 mb 350:#2.5m
c300:#1.6m

jaid

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Custom Duties, Any Real Way To Calculate Accurate Duty On Cars?? by saintjoel(m): 3:34pm On Jul 28, 2017
justice4ever:

So currently for instance how much will clear a 2014 or 2015 SUV like Prado or Gx460 for instance.

cc saintjoel,

I'm so sorry for not replying earlier,been down wit thypoid and malaria. Oliverjaid has done a nice job by covering up, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Custom Duties, Any Real Way To Calculate Accurate Duty On Cars?? by sultaan(m): 10:04pm On Jul 30, 2017
The solution to this is for Nigerians to start an economic boycott basically not using Nigerian port for the next one year minimum

3 Likes

Re: Outrageous Custom Duties, Any Real Way To Calculate Accurate Duty On Cars?? by remmer56(m): 9:41am On Aug 01, 2017
hi brothers, please i need to know what estimate it would be to clear a 2006 toyota corolla. Any agent here?
Re: Outrageous Custom Duties, Any Real Way To Calculate Accurate Duty On Cars?? by Nobody: 3:24am On Aug 03, 2017
saintjoel:

Many people think it's actually the agent's or customs fault. We're all working according to a template drawn by the ministry of finance because they now believe that money generated from custom duties can be used to service the budget and other expenses,money that can never cease as long as there are ports and borders to get it from.

We can only blame customs for been greedy by collecting what we call their "table money". You want to pay N1.3m into bank for a car and customs will collect almost N650,000 or more for table money before you get the papers out.

Alhaji Shittu and other excos of ANLCA ,our parent body have been fighting it out with customs and the ministry of finance for years with no result, they've kept going to Abuja to plead for reductions in duty but it seems their plea keeps going into deaf ears. Dikko is a major culprit and I hope he lands in jail, he was the one that made politicians realise that there was money to be made from duties and when Alli resumed, he started seeing commands remiting billions to the government's pocket every month, he and adeosun decided to go on with the same template.

Please tell this stup!d old generation running Nigeria into the grave. Please tell them!

We need to explain to Kemi Adeosun that she cannot fund govt spending for an economy basically suffering from trade deficit (such as Nigeria's) via a tax on consumption!

If she keeps doing that, what she is doing essentially is that she is printing excess naira notes without the backing of the factors of production! . Basic O-Level Economics, but who can explain to a 'heavy-madam' like Kemi Adeosun.

What she needs to do is to boost production, then tax that. But she's so ignorant and intellectually lazy that she keeps running after tax money!! It's like a starving creature eating its own flesh in hopes of survival!

Adeosun understands just about as much economic theory as Muhammadu Buhari, her principal.

4 Likes

Re: Outrageous Custom Duties, Any Real Way To Calculate Accurate Duty On Cars?? by oliverjiad(m): 1:35pm On Aug 03, 2017
remmer56:
hi brothers, please i need to know what estimate it would be to clear a 2006 toyota corolla. Any agent here?
#420,000

what's the shipping line

jaid
Re: Outrageous Custom Duties, Any Real Way To Calculate Accurate Duty On Cars?? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 03, 2017
sophoccles:

Please tell this stup!d old generation running Nigeria into the grave. Please tell them!

We need to explain to Kemi Adeosun that she cannot fund govt spending for an economy basically suffering from trade deficit (such as Nigeria's) via a tax on consumption!

If she keeps doing that, what she is doing essentially is that she is printing excess naira notes without the backing of the factors of production! . Basic O-Level Economics, but who can explain to a 'heavy-madam' like Kemi Adeosun.

What she needs to do is to boost production, then tax that. But she's so ignorant and intellectually lazy that she keeps running after tax money!! It's like a starving creature eating its own flesh in hopes of survival!

Adeosun understands just about as much economic theory as Muhammadu Buhari, her principal.

Her confirmed email address is:

kemi.adeosun@fmf.gov.ng

The only thing in her empty head is how to massage & suck the scrotum of Ibikunle Amosun.

2 Likes

Re: Outrageous Custom Duties, Any Real Way To Calculate Accurate Duty On Cars?? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 03, 2017
Question for clearing agents.

Is there a provision from returning diasporans? I understood that you get some waivers, etc

Thanks.

PS: A link to where I can educate myself will work too.
Re: Outrageous Custom Duties, Any Real Way To Calculate Accurate Duty On Cars?? by swegiedon(m): 5:40pm On Aug 03, 2017
Zoharariel:

Her confirmed email address is:

kemi.adeosun@fmf.gov.ng

The only thing in her empty head is how to massage & suck the scrotum of Ibikunle Amosun.
hehehe with her mouth used to spit trash

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Outrageous Custom Duties, Any Real Way To Calculate Accurate Duty On Cars?? by sheffyUTD(m): 8:53am On Aug 04, 2017
EgunMogaji:
Question for clearing agents.

Is there a provision from returning diasporans? I understood that you get some waivers, etc

Thanks.

PS: A link to where I can educate myself will work too.

There is if your passport qualify. I will help dig up a link soon.

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Custom Duties, Any Real Way To Calculate Accurate Duty On Cars?? by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 04, 2017
sheffyUTD:

Thank you.
Re: Outrageous Custom Duties, Any Real Way To Calculate Accurate Duty On Cars?? by saintjoel(m): 1:54pm On Aug 04, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Thank you.

Contact Abike Dabiri-Erewa through twitter, she's in-charge of diaspora affairs.
Re: Outrageous Custom Duties, Any Real Way To Calculate Accurate Duty On Cars?? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 04, 2017
saintjoel:

Contact Abike Dabiri-Erewa through twitter, she's in-charge of diaspora affairs.

Thank you, Sir.

She probably won't respond because I called her out on something recently grin

Egun "Omo Oniwa Mo Fo Esan, Oun Aroju U" Mogaji
Re: Outrageous Custom Duties, Any Real Way To Calculate Accurate Duty On Cars?? by saintjoel(m): 6:46pm On Aug 05, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Thank you, Sir.

She probably won't respond because I called her out on something recently grin

Egun "Omo Oniwa Mo Fo Esan, Oun Aroju U" Mogaji

100,000$ is available at the rate of N355 - 1$. First come, first served basis.
Re: Outrageous Custom Duties, Any Real Way To Calculate Accurate Duty On Cars?? by sultaan(m): 2:13am On Aug 09, 2017
[quote author=saintjoel post=59144452]

Contact Abike Dabiri-Erewa through twitter, she's in-charge of diaspora affairs. [/quotes I have to contact so special appointee within the government to know what process apply to thousand of Nigerians coming back home with the fruit of their labor.

This is when our own people turn to the devourer we all pray against
Re: Outrageous Custom Duties, Any Real Way To Calculate Accurate Duty On Cars?? by Nobody: 2:33am On Aug 09, 2017
sheffyUTD:

Please don't forget my request, Sir.

Thanks.
Re: Outrageous Custom Duties, Any Real Way To Calculate Accurate Duty On Cars?? by sheffyUTD(m): 11:14pm On Aug 09, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Please don't forget my request, Sir.

Thanks.

Apology please. Unable to get a satisfactory reference. You might want to take a look at these

https://www.customs.gov.ng/Stakeholders/passengers_concessions.php

http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3571

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Custom Duties, Any Real Way To Calculate Accurate Duty On Cars?? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Aug 09, 2017
sheffyUTD:

Apology please. Unable to get a satisfactory reference. You might want to take a look at these

https://www.customs.gov.ng/Stakeholders/passengers_concessions.php

http://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3571

Thank you.
Re: Outrageous Custom Duties, Any Real Way To Calculate Accurate Duty On Cars?? by Marpol: 6:41am On Aug 10, 2017
saintjoel:

100,000$ is available at the rate of N355 - 1$. First come, first served basis.

Pls how much to clear a 2005 Toyota Corolla?
Re: Outrageous Custom Duties, Any Real Way To Calculate Accurate Duty On Cars?? by saintjoel(m): 8:22am On Aug 10, 2017
Marpol:

Pls how much to clear a 2005 Toyota Corolla?

N380,000
Re: Outrageous Custom Duties, Any Real Way To Calculate Accurate Duty On Cars?? by Ournaija: 10:03pm On Aug 13, 2017
How much can I clear Camry 2005 and 2011? Please help Nairalanders

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Use Your Handbrake When The Gear Is On Park(p) / How To Cool An Overheated Engine (Photos) / Warning Signs That A Used Car Has Been In An Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.