Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,243 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! (29209 Views)

2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket / PDP Is Not Ready To Take Over Power - Deji Adeyanju / Makarfi , Okowa And Oyovbaire Visit Ibrahim Babangida's Mansion - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 12, 2017
The miscalculatior strikes again. Expect TonyeBarcanista to delete his profile and re-emerge as t.Barcanista.

As he ported to pdp to apc to pdp to apda to. ..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! by Adamawaswt(m): 4:13pm On Jul 12, 2017
Advistice ur party well abeg..... .....APDA
Re: CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:14pm On Jul 12, 2017
Piiko:
I actually thought APDA was a fallback in case Makarfi lost in court, your party is attractive only way I will join us if you will give me your party structure in my local government
Which state are you from? PM me
Re: CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! by Jesusloveyou: 4:14pm On Jul 12, 2017
[quote author=TonyeBarcanista post=58380852]
Lol I was a core insider in PDP before I left when I saw opportunities in APDA. I am in politics to serve Nigerians not the elite.

Remember, I was part of those that made some contributions during PDP Strategy and Interparty affairs Committee and also the Construction amendment[/quote

I have always said you were among those goats that ate our yams,

So you were in those committees that share our yams in PDP.
Re: CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! by Echelle(m): 4:14pm On Jul 12, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
100% sure boss.
if dry bone rise, kill it iyeh...
Re: CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! by zicoraads: 4:14pm On Jul 12, 2017
Tonye, so naive!
Re: CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! by zicoraads: 4:16pm On Jul 12, 2017
[quote author=Jesusloveyou post=58386904][/quote]
If you believed what he typed up there, you can believe anything.
Re: CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:16pm On Jul 12, 2017
Omoluabi16:
Biko, tonyebarcanista. Technically, you're a public figure now. Abeg be mindful of this kind of mudslinging.
Hahha my oga don elevate me ooo
Re: CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! by cristianisraeli: 4:16pm On Jul 12, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

some people can be influential but nobody is a godfather in American politics....

And APDA

abeg i no go school oo...correct me..wetin bi the difference between a godfather and influential....so you can look mr raymond in the eye and say hello how are you..NO SIR NO BOW...nigerian politics and godfatherism is like beans and bread..god fatherism would always be in politics anywhere in the world

Obama's Political "Godfather" In Illinois

The president of the Illinois Senate is sitting in his statehouse office, talking in gravelly tones about political strategies and counter-strategies. Out of nowhere, the theme from "The Godfather" begins playing.
It turns out to be the ringtone on his cell phone - an appropriate song for the man who amounts to Barack Obama's political godfather.

Emil Jones Jr. helped Obama master the intricacies of the Legislature. When Democrats took control of the state Senate, Jones, though he risked offending colleagues who had toiled futilely on key issues under Republican rule, tapped Obama to take the lead on high-profile legislative initiatives that he now boasts about in his presidential campaign.

And when Obama wanted a promotion to the U.S. Senate, Jones provided critical support that gave the little-known legislator legitimacy, keeping him from being instantly trampled by the front-runners.

"He's been indispensable to Barack's career. He wants to see a black president before he gets called home," said fellow state Sen. Rickey Hendon, a Democrat.

While Obama got vital help from Jones, the two men have sharply different political styles, and Jones may not be a political asset in a White House campaign.

Jones, 72, is an unabashedly old-school politician. A former sewer inspector for the city of Chicago, Jones has relatives on the state payroll, steers state grants to favorite organizations and uses his clout to punish enemies and bury GOP legislation.

Obama supporters see the alliance as an example of Obama's ability to get things done by working with all kinds of people. Critics see it as hypocrisy - Obama refusing to speak out against the kinds of abuse he claims to oppose.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/obamas-political-godfather-in-illinois/
Re: CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! by refreshrate: 4:17pm On Jul 12, 2017
cristianisraeli:

somebody wake me up..LOL..did he just say hes in politics to serve nigerians..LOL..please oo make una remind me..how many nigerian politifians are always there to serve nigerians and not the elites and their pockets

Are you minding him? If not because we've been giving him attention on NL, would such nonsense have come from him?

Radarada somebody
Re: CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:17pm On Jul 12, 2017
[quote author=Jesusloveyou post=58386904][/quote]Which yams? I was not a committee member, I only made contributions
Re: CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! by ejanla077: 4:18pm On Jul 12, 2017
Ehiscotch:
I thought Tonye was pro PDP?

the protection seeking political flip flops don move to APDA
Re: CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! by spartan117(m): 4:18pm On Jul 12, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

The game of politics is about interest, interest ranges from that of the overall populace, a group of people, individuals etc. A close look at both the ruling APC, the Sheriff factional PDP and that of the victorious Markafi camp clearly point to the interest they all represent- The Political Elite

When you look at both the PDP and APC constitutions, they clearly tilt to favor the political elite in both parties. In fact, it is difficult (if not impossible) for an outsider to emerge candidate through a transparent process without the dictate of political gladiators or godfathers in both parties. These aspirants emerge candidates, win elections and continue to protect the same interest of the elitist group. Hence, the phrase, "All of them are the same".

Before the launch of APDA on June 5, 2017, I was of the opinion that the party is neither a PDP fall-back or a plan B for the Markafi camp, the judgement has clearly given the APDA an opportunity to affirm what they stand for as a party.

The APDA, unlike the APC and PDP, has a constitution that surrenders power to their the people. This is a party whose constitution erode delegate system to entrench direct primary system that will see all members of the party to partake in the election of party leaders, candidates and other elective representative.

The APDA as a party allows for a minimum of 25% elective and appointive slots of members of Youth age (18-35) in all public and party offices. It further state a minimum of 30% for women and 5% for people living with disabilities.

Why then should Nigeria people, youths and women continue to waste their time, resources and votes on the parties (APC, PDP) and factions (Sheriff and Markafi) that only protect the interest of the political elite at the expense of the common man?

I am very happy that PDP crises has settled and PDP political heavyweights will concentrate on their party. I am very happy that the Nigeria electorates will now have the privilege to discern that APDA as a party means business.

One truth we must tell ourselves is that, whether Markafi or Sheriff, PDP is DEAD!!! It has gone 6 feet in the Northwest, it is hopeless in the Northeast, it is the equivalent of Ebola in the Southwest, in the Southeast Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB calls the shot even when PDP controls government (due to the fact that APC is/was no option). In the Southsouth, the governments in power are as incompetent as the government at the center, the story is not different in the Northcentral.

The ruling APC has failed but the only option for Nigeria in 2019 is to embrace a party that they can be active stakeholders in determining candidates for elective positions, so as to have emergence of leaders whose loyalty will be to the Nigeria people not the political elite.

We are STRONGER TOGETHER!!!

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria
Tonye is the National Coordinator of APDA Youth Frontier, the Youth group of the Advanced Peoples Democratic Alliance (APDA)

shared on Palmchat
Very true. How can I join. Apda
Re: CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! by BENSIR: 4:20pm On Jul 12, 2017
PDP IS NOT DEAD
Re: CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! by Ijaya123: 4:20pm On Jul 12, 2017
PDP died two years ago and I've been saying it since. So you just realised it?

So who will you seek protection from now?
Re: CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! by Elijahhopelarry(m): 4:21pm On Jul 12, 2017
op u have changed camp again abi
Re: CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! by kinibigdeal(m): 4:23pm On Jul 12, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
100% sure boss.

Dont let us hear that you want to form alliance with PDP, because we all know that Markafi remains the National chairman for bothe APDA and PDP
Re: CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! by Bizibi(m): 4:23pm On Jul 12, 2017
Amarabae:
APDA was created incase sheriff wins, now that makarfi has been reaffirmed by the supreme court.
Dokpesi will port back to PDP.
gbam,the op need to learn fast.
Re: CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:24pm On Jul 12, 2017
cristianisraeli:

abeg i no go school oo...correct me..wetin bi the difference between a godfather and influential....so you can look mr raymond in the eye and say hello how are you..NO SIR NO BOW...nigerian politics and godfatherism is like beans and bread..god fatherism would always be in politics anywhere in the world

Obama's Political "Godfather" In Illinois

The president of the Illinois Senate is sitting in his statehouse office, talking in gravelly tones about political strategies and counter-strategies. Out of nowhere, the theme from "The Godfather" begins playing.
It turns out to be the ringtone on his cell phone - an appropriate song for the man who amounts to Barack Obama's political godfather.

Emil Jones Jr. helped Obama master the intricacies of the Legislature. When Democrats took control of the state Senate, Jones, though he risked offending colleagues who had toiled futilely on key issues under Republican rule, tapped Obama to take the lead on high-profile legislative initiatives that he now boasts about in his presidential campaign.

And when Obama wanted a promotion to the U.S. Senate, Jones provided critical support that gave the little-known legislator legitimacy, keeping him from being instantly trampled by the front-runners.

"He's been indispensable to Barack's career. He wants to see a black president before he gets called home," said fellow state Sen. Rickey Hendon, a Democrat.

While Obama got vital help from Jones, the two men have sharply different political styles, and Jones may not be a political asset in a White House campaign.

Jones, 72, is an unabashedly old-school politician. A former sewer inspector for the city of Chicago, Jones has relatives on the state payroll, steers state grants to favorite organizations and uses his clout to punish enemies and bury GOP legislation.

Obama supporters see the alliance as an example of Obama's ability to get things done by working with all kinds of people. Critics see it as hypocrisy - Obama refusing to speak out against the kinds of abuse he claims to oppose.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/obamas-political-godfather-in-illinois/
Juxtapose that with the "godfatherism" in Nigeria.

At no point did the man cut corners nor bribed anybody. At no point did he manipulate the system to favor Obama. All he did was to use his influence to ensure support for Obama and not by imposing Obama on anybody.

Being influential is different from being a godfather...

kapish
Re: CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! by TheVictorious(m): 4:25pm On Jul 12, 2017
TonyeBarcanista, I'm kind of interested in your write-up, but you have a lot of questions to answer. I'm coming back later in the night
Re: CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:26pm On Jul 12, 2017
kinibigdeal:

Dont let us hear that you want to form alliance with PDP, because we all know that Markafi remains the National chairman for bothe APDA and PDP
Why not say Lai Muhammed is APDA National Chairman?
Re: CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:26pm On Jul 12, 2017
TheVictorious:
TonyeBarcanista, I'm kind of interested in your write-up, but you have a lot of questions to answer. I'm coming back later in the night
Okay Sir!!!
Re: CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! by Omoluabi16(m): 4:26pm On Jul 12, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Hahha my oga don elevate me ooo
lol true. It's all politics brother, you're in the opposition just as the PDP. tomorrow there might be the need for merging, or coming together to displace the unfortunate APC. Statements like this may count against you much later.I don't think it is wise to combat a fellow opposition party, much more from a new party like yours.

Btw, Pdp has representatives in all the arms of government.So I dont think they are dead.
Re: CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:27pm On Jul 12, 2017
spartan117:
Very true. How can I join. Apda
www.apdanigeria.org
or send me PM
Re: CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! by bikefab(m): 4:29pm On Jul 12, 2017
Trash. Keep your opinion to yourself and watch events unfold.
Re: CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! by Kiakia(m): 4:30pm On Jul 12, 2017
Are members of APDA not Nigerian politicians? Will members of PDP and APC not move in drove into APDA and be accepted should the party win the next Presidential election? Tell me another story, please! Nigeria is beyond redemption with the present crop of politicians that pervade the polity.
Re: CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! by trappatoni(m): 4:31pm On Jul 12, 2017
in frank donga's voice "you will just be merry go rounding".Tonyebarcanista mo gbedi fun e! Wa tun pada si PDP abi APC ni sin.Na God save you say u no be woman.
Re: CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:32pm On Jul 12, 2017
Omoluabi16:
lol true. It's all politics brother, you're in the opposition just as the PDP. tomorrow there might be the need for merging, or coming together to displace the unfortunate APC. Statements like this may count against you much later.I don't think it is wise to combat a fellow opposition party, much more from a new party like yours.

Btw, Pdp has representatives in all the arms of government.So I dont think they are dead.
IF PDP want to align, they Must give up their brand and character....

But PDP no be like party wey wan change. Same party that locked ALL their committee reports for inside cupboard
Re: CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! by kinibigdeal(m): 4:32pm On Jul 12, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Why not say Lai Muhammed is APDA National Chairman?

You cant shy away from the fact that APDA was caved out of PDP due to the uncertainty surrounding the supreme court judgement. My advice, embrace Sherrif in order for you to have the resources to challenge APC. Both PDP and APDA have no chance, except they have a central bank in the person of Sherrif that can drive them back. In nigeria, ideologies does not attract votes, money and influence does. Too bad, the supreme court judgement will affect your new party
Re: CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! by cristianisraeli: 4:33pm On Jul 12, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Juxtapose that with the "godfatherism" in Nigeria.

At no point did the man cut corners nor bribed anybody. At no point did he manipulate the system to favor Obama. All he did was to use his influence to ensure support for Obama and not by imposing Obama on anybody.

Being influential is different from being a godfather...

kapish

i know alot about politics and the long grammar wont confuse me..where you there with the man to know he didnt manipulate the systemoh i forgot white/americans dont commit crime.LOL.keeping tell yourself theres no godfather is adpa as long as it makes you sleep well at night..but we all know the truth and for the sake of history let me ask you..which one are you going to jump over to soon...ddap,pppd,ddas,hhjj,ooki,hhgd,ggsa.which one..oh i know its politics

na person way day influential BI godfather..KAPISH...abi mr raymond go say tonye come here go buy me pure water and you no go run pass mickey mouse go buy am
Re: CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! by OddBall(m): 4:33pm On Jul 12, 2017
You are saying P.D.P is dead, yet they just won a Senate sit in the most APCsist state in the western region.
Re: CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! by Elijahhopelarry(m): 4:35pm On Jul 12, 2017
Whynotthetruth:

gringringringringrin So much for those who want oldie thieves to retire for "youths" to take over... Believe me, these guys are worse than these old thieves we have around now ...
very correct

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku, PDP File 5-Ground Petition, Resuscitate Certificate Scam Against Buhari / UK Armed Forces In Nigeria To Assist Nigeria Armed Forces Against Boko Haram / Lere Olayinka Flexes With Fayose, Says 'Na Their Next Level Go Tough'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.