Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,347 members, 7,839,616 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Is There Something Wrong With Me? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is There Something Wrong With Me? (3030 Views)

Is This Abnormal? Is Something Wrong With Me? Pls I Need Your Advise. / ADVICE Plssssss, Is Something Wrong WITH Me.. ? / Is Something Wrong With Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Zimex: 10:04am On Feb 03, 2010
There is a guy i dated for some time in the late nineties. We broke up on very good terms as we both understood why it needed to happen even though we were very much in love. There has been no contact over these years, now am married with a kid.

This guy called me a few days ago (got my number from a friend) just to say hi and i haven't been able to get him off my mind. That call simply sparked off a lot of things in me. We dated for about 1 year and there was no intimacy so i really don't know why am feeling this way.

My husband travels a lot and only comes home on weekends. Am thinking of discussing this with him, maybe he can help clear my head. Is this a good idea?  Any ideas on how to handle this?

i've never been unfaithful in my life and mere thinking of this guy this way makes me feel i am already,
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by doggyall: 10:06am On Feb 03, 2010
No, untill you sleep with the guy. Enjoy!
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by madlady(f): 10:25am On Feb 03, 2010
@Poster this is a Very serious issue. Do not play around with your marriage, your Husand,child and yourself will surely suffer.

To be honest it's not even worth the stress, it's just romantic day dreams, lots of us have them but you are married so the repercussions are too great.

Lots of men fool around outside but remember, we are not equal.

Hmmm, sorry but I would not talk to your husband about this lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 03, 2010
@poster
there is absolutely nothing wrong with you but its the feeling that this call brought to you that may be a lil strange.
if you married your "husband out of love and him being the right ONE" then you have nothing to worry about.
it must just be a "what if?" kinda thing.

just be honest and communicate with your husband about what is happening and let you guys deal with it as married adults do. trying to sweep it under the rug while its clearly a concern to you is not the way to go about it.
remember honesty in a marriage goes a LONG way!
any open minded man would rather that their spouse come to them for guidance in these kind of matter than trying to sneak it along, like it aint there.

also remember that cheating (as Doggyall failed to state) is much more than just sleeping with someone in your husband's back.

put boundaries in this "fantasy" thingy. . . . . . if you fantasize about these loving feelings or having sexual relationship with that other guy then you need to look at yourself and fix whatever is lacking.
there is nothing wrong with looking at a guy on the street and thinking he is cute or sexy but there is something wrong if you start to think/fantasize about another man while being rammed by your husband.
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by justwise(m): 10:48am On Feb 03, 2010
Zimex:

There is a guy i dated for some time in the late nineties. We broke up on very good terms as we both understood why it needed to happen even though we were very much in love. There has been no contact over these years, now am married with a kid.
This guy called me a few days ago (got my number from a friend) just to say hi and i haven't been able to get him off my mind. That call simply sparked off a lot of things in me. We dated for about 1 year and there was no intimacy so i really don't know why am feeling this way.
My husband travels a lot and only comes home on weekends. Am thinking of discussing this with him, maybe he can help clear my head. Is this a good idea? Any ideas on how to handle this?
i've never been unfaithful in my life and mere thinking of this guy this way makes me feel i am already,

Don't tell ur husband, that will send wrong message to him, u will get over the feeling with time. Ur marriage is more important now.
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Jaguar1(m): 10:51am On Feb 03, 2010
@ Poster, I appreciate your sincerity so much but I think there's nothing to it.
You know ur husband beta than anyone of us so I would assume that you know his views on issues like that. I do not think there's any need to tell ur husband coz he might start thinking u were even toying with the idea of being unfaithfull.
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by madlady(f): 10:55am On Feb 03, 2010
Jaguar1:

@ Poster, I appreciate your sincerity so much but I think there's nothing to it.
I do not think there's any need to tell your husband coz he might start thinking u were even toying with the idea of being unfaithfull.

I agree with you 100% and she does sound like a very honest and good person,
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by izeek(m): 11:04am On Feb 03, 2010
well sometimes old memories have a way of making us feel vulnerable.
that said, there would be no harm done, unless u act on this feeling.
this leaves the ball in your court.
you could dicuss this with your husband, but i dont see it as a good idea!
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Spyker: 11:05am On Feb 03, 2010
Never tell your husband, it will give him negative thoughts and make him feel that you don't love him. With time, you will forget this feeling and move on.
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by izeek(m): 11:10am On Feb 03, 2010
Spyker:

Never tell your husband, it will give him negative thoughts and make him feel that you don't love him. With time, you will forget this feeling and move on.

what happens if this feeling gest to strong for her to control.
is it not better to get it out in the opne and have a solution knowing u did not cheat!
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by afrobaby(f): 11:19am On Feb 03, 2010
though am not married but i will soon be married and hence I think i can give an advice
u can tell ur husband that the guy is calling u but u dont need to tell him u are having some feelings for the guy
Also, u av to remember that there was a reason u guys had to break up, if u broke up with him and got married afterwards, i do not see any reason why u shud even be aving feelings for him, u never had a serious affair with him before,
my advice
tell ur husband, pray about it, be frank enough to tell the guy not to call u again or bar his call, think about ur marriage, ur husband, ur kid and above all what God says about marriage, the guy is not worth the stress of loosing ur marriage, avoid seeing him as much as you can
love yah
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by justwise(m): 11:21am On Feb 03, 2010
izeek:

what happens if this feeling gest to strong for her to control.
is it not better to get it out in the opne and have a solution knowing u did not cheat!

Please can u tell me how she will start this discusion with the husband? I really want to know
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by izeek(m): 11:25am On Feb 03, 2010
there are ways sir,
all it takes is maturity.

the problem with we guys is the fact that we choose to live in denial.

most of us at our work places, have one person or the other we might be attracted to or something,
but based on the fact that we have commitements, or are married, we stay away.
does that also say the women dont have the same feelings?

being attraced to someone or an else should not be considered a sin, but rather can be talked about.

and if you did read my post, it meant she should tell him if its absolutely necessary.
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by ayettymama(f): 11:25am On Feb 03, 2010
feelings always awaken when ur ex calls

just cos ur wonderin what woulve been coulda been a shoulda been

but its normal and harmless

dont think too much into it, certainly dont discuss it with your husband

if its really bad just tell the guy not to call again

get on with life lady!
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by madlady(f): 11:26am On Feb 03, 2010
justwise:

Please can u tell me how she will start this discusion with the husband? I really want to know

I would like to know to undecided undecided undecided

@Poster try to avoid contact/calls with  this guy you dated in the past, it will the the most straight forward thing to do.
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by sistajay(f): 11:29am On Feb 03, 2010
@ Poster . . . . . aint nothin wrong with ya, just that your hubby is away a lot and you want to fill the void. The other guy aint the solution you need, perish the thought right NOW!
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by justwise(m): 11:32am On Feb 03, 2010
izeek:

there are ways sir,
all it takes is maturity.
the problem with we guys is the fact that we choose to live in denial.
most of us at our work places, have one person or the other we might be attracted to or something,
but based on the fact that we have commitements, or are married, we stay away.
does that also say the women dont have the same feelings?being attraced to someone or an else should not be considered a sin, but rather can be talked about.
and if you did read my post, it meant she should tell him if its absolutely necessary.
There is absolutely no need  tell the husband abt this, she never cheated, the man is not stalking her, she is not having prob in her marriage then what the hell do she need to creat one? The husband will be confused, thinking maybe my wife is up2 something when he is away, maybe she is indirectly sending message to him, i mean it will back fired on him.
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by justwise(m): 11:34am On Feb 03, 2010
madlady:

I would like to know to undecided undecided undecided

@Poster try to avoid contact/calls with this guy you dated in the past, it will the the most straight forward thing to do.

Exactly!
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by izeek(m): 11:37am On Feb 03, 2010
justwise:

There is absolutely no need tell the husband abt this, she never cheated, the man is not stalking her, she is not having prob in her marriage then what the hell do she need to creat one? The husband will be confused, thinking maybe my wife is up2 something when he is away, maybe she is indirectly sending message to him, i mean it will back fired on him.

i sincerely hope not all men think this way!
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Phemytrend: 11:39am On Feb 03, 2010
Pray for God's Grace to overcome temptation over your body and boldness to be able to talk to the guy not to call u again. Don't bother to tell your husband he might not understand.
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by justwise(m): 11:45am On Feb 03, 2010
izeek:

i sincerely hope not all men think this way!

U kidding me? 99.9% of men will think like that, even if he doesn't see it that way, his mates will read meaning into it.
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by daylae(m): 11:52am On Feb 03, 2010
@poster Its your imagination at work. Our mind has a way of playing tricks u know;but that's why God gave us our brain to think,so that we can make the right decisions. If u don't want to be selfish with your final decision,then you know what to do. Be happy!
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 11:56am On Feb 03, 2010
I agree with the people telling her not to say anything to her hubby. As far as I'm concerned, it's not an issue. I think you are making a big deal out of the whole thing. So you still have fond feelings about the guy . . You mind is magnifying it into something that it's not. I bet if you see him again you'll remember why you broke up with him in the first place!

I'm sure your family means the world to you so I'll suggest, for their sake, you delete that guy from your memory.
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by galatico(m): 12:05pm On Feb 03, 2010
Zimex:

My husband travels a lot and only comes home on weekends. Am thinking of discussing this with him, maybe he can help clear my head. Is this a good idea? Any ideas on how to handle this?

Let go of the past or else it might come back to hunt you, let him go, since you're married, I know it's hard but you're got to let him go .
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by hollandis(f): 12:43pm On Feb 03, 2010
Why can't girls close their legs
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Feb 03, 2010
people people people!!!!!!
you are all missing the important point here. . . . . . . . . . whats the point of being married to someone you love and cherish, living in bliss with someone if you cant even tell them who you truly are and being open like that.
this person should know you better than yourself but how can they if they are living with a "stranger"?!

this is why so many marriages fail, when partners are not 150% open with each other and cant even show their real self. how do you expect someone to treat you right if you never show them the REAL you?! its beyond me.
many people out there marry for the wrong reasons but if a person marry for the right reasons then there is absolutely NOTHING that that person couldnt tell their spouse.

these are the foundations of long lasting great marriages. . . . . . . . . . to know and accept your spouse IN and OUT.
you can pretend to be someone you are not for a while but you cant pretend forever.
BE YOURSELF, if someone decides that they dont want to be with the real you then accept it and move on to better pastures instead of living a lie that is bound to fail in the near future.
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by justwise(m): 3:04pm On Feb 03, 2010
@ MRbrownJAY

Can u explain to me how this woman will start this conversation with the husband?
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 03, 2010
justwise:

@ MRbrownJAY 
Can u explain to me how this woman will start this conversation with the husband?

very simple, since they are ONE as a couple she should just sit down on a beautiful sunday afternoon and let it out as simply as she put it on this thread. she would have already told her husband about the phone call anyway since there were nothing about it.
here is how it should come out:

WIFEY: honey,remember that phone call i told you about? the strange thing is that i have had some weird feelings since that day. just thinking all day about that guy etc.
HUSBAND: what kind of feelings are we talking about here?!
W: dont really know, i cant put my mind into it but nothing sexual or anything like that just that i have been remembering him and what we had.
H: wasnt he your first long relationship? is this something that i should be worried about, honey?
W: come on sweetheart, i do love you unconditionally, i would never cheat or remotely think of cheating and you are my world but maybe the fact that you are away so often makes me feel lonely and i have all this free time to think about silly stuff like that. this phone call brought some kind of spark in me as i am alone doing absolutely nothing all day long.
H: are you saying that my being away is the problem? maybe you are just reminiscing about the fun you had during this period in your life and now you kinda miss it being home alone all day?
W: not at all but maybe we have to find something for me to do during the week. something to occupy my mind.
H: yeah probably, i will openly say that i am not really comfortable with you having contacts with this guy again but always remember that i trust you 150%. i appreciate your honesty and the fact that you turn to me about finding guidance/solution in this matter. . . . . . . . thats what trusting married couples do.
i am also open about us doing more together, maybe i should take more time off work to be with you during weekdays as well.
W: that will be great as i am bored out of my mind.

ET VOILA, problem solved in an adult manner. . . . . .  the wifey knows how the husband feels about it and the husband knows whats going on and trust his wife fully.
ps: its also safe to say that if the poster is still in love with that guy then its a different ball game completely!
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by unban190: 5:12pm On Feb 03, 2010
i am the guy u have been thinking of~

yes its pretty long

come and meet me in my hotel room 111

lets discuss this issue of what u cant seem to get your mind off me

Onye ara angry angry angry angry
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by justwise(m): 5:31pm On Feb 03, 2010
@MRbrownJAY

You are not being realistic, are u? If this man is not stalking her, her marriage is not in trouble water then suddenly, she called her husband for an important discusion, telling the poor man abt a call from an ex and her feelings after the call.

She is basically saying to her husband: i think i got feeling for my ex and i'm thinking of leaving u cos u are always away walking and u got no time for me.

1 Like

Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Feb 03, 2010
justwise:

@MRbrownJAY

You are not being realistic, are u? If this man is not stalking her, her marriage is not in trouble water then suddenly, she called her husband for an important discusion, telling the poor man abt a call from an ex and her feelings after the call.
She is basically saying to her husband: i think i got feeling for my ex and i'm thinking of leaving u cos u are always away walking and u got no time for me.

man, why do you think that you should only be honest to your spouse when there is trouble in your union?!
married people should be honest from day one and thats what she should be doing: let her husband know whats happening.

dont be afraid to let the person you are sharing your life with know who you truly are. be confident about your damn self instead of trying to sneek things in this relationship that your partner will eventually know.

this is definitely NOT an important discussion because its no big deal. just a discussion between 2 adults to let hubby know whats going on with wifey.

also i would stand by any person out there when i say that i rather learn about this phone call from my wife than she trying to hide it and that i eventually finds it out.
building a relationship on sh-it, you will only get sh-it out of it.

PS: where did you read that the wifey is trying to leave her husband?! hold on to your horses bro!
Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 03, 2010
^^^ She's not being dishonest if you ask me! Somethings are just not worth saying. She'll end up making a mountain out of a molehill! She really dosent need that in aher life. I say it's a phase, that will most definitely pass within a short time. I think shd just let it go. If he starts stalking and calling and all that, she can then tell him!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Friend And Girlfriend Now Keeps Malice After I Returned From A Trip. / He Wont Accept Gifts From Me.... / What Is Your Defination Of Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.