Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. (70177 Views)

The Real Reason Yoruba Wants Its Independence / It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari / How Did Nigeria Win Its Independence From Great Britain? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by Doyin2(m): 1:50pm On Jul 16, 2017
Funjosh:
Where did we lost it
The rush for independence and corruption [color=][/color] cry
The reward for long outstanding apartheid,is economic development.
Which country can compete with South Africa in Africa?

Corruption is worse than Colonization!

3 Likes

Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by planetx: 1:50pm On Jul 16, 2017
Explorers:
Nigerian Airways Air Hostesses in 1973.

Nigeria DC-10 taking off from schipol Airport.
I don't those white ladies are Nigerian Airways Air Hostesses if that was in 1973 13 years after independence.

1 Like

Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by malware: 1:50pm On Jul 16, 2017
Zane2point4:
I took my time to look at the pics posted here, they only set of people that never changed both in dress sense and environment is the NORTH, Nothing changed atall.
They aint agents of change, they prefer there primitive selfs.

Yes, we like it that way, enjoy your adopted ways.

1 Like

Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by Gemc3(f): 1:51pm On Jul 16, 2017
It can only be Explorers.
Nigeria looked way better then. So sad what we have now.
Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by sanandreas(m): 1:52pm On Jul 16, 2017
We should loan this country to Britain back.

2 Likes

Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by ddjay: 1:53pm On Jul 16, 2017
Explorers:
A Nigerian man stops maintenance works on a train to look at Edward Harland Duckworth's camera.
HEY THIS IS GEJ MY PEOPLE
Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by sirfee(m): 1:55pm On Jul 16, 2017
Explorers:
One photograph shows a group of young men bathing in the Kurama Waters.
grin I love this picture

Respekkkk @explorers
Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by MxFactor: 1:55pm On Jul 16, 2017
We let the military bleep Nigeria! Stop blaming the military, that's now in the past. Today, the political parties are destroying Nigeria, what have you done? In 25years time you will still blame 'something'.

Get wise if you fail to act today, Nigeria fails.
Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by ruggedtimi(m): 1:56pm On Jul 16, 2017
Explorers:
One photograph shows a group of young men bathing in the Kurama Waters.
gay things
Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by Jeezuzpick(m): 1:57pm On Jul 16, 2017
emmanuelpopson:

where did we get it wrong?? that is the question we should ask ourselves.. the military really destroy our common wealth..we should have been the greatest country in Africa now...what we need to do now is to change our orientation and stop looking at the past.. focus more on the future and hold ourselves accountable if we toil the same path our fathers follow...

The Nzeogwu-led January 1966 coup resulted in the death of mainly northerners and westerners.

The mainly Northerner-led counter-coup killed Gen Aguiyi-Ironsi, the highest ranking Nigerian millitary officer, while northerners, aggrieved by the killing of their leaders in the first coup, ran wild in the north, killing non-indigenes, mostly Igbos.

Ojukwu, faced with a huge influx of IDP's (yeah, for so they were, despite being Ibo) apparently tried to appropriate part of the revenue being generated in the East. from there, it all went south.

The summary of this is, Ojukwu never wanted to secede just for the sake of it. He was forced as he had no choice.

The string of military juntas that came as a result progressively destroyed the nation, helped along by greedy civilians (remember Fela's ''International Thief-Thief'').

So, here we are, with people choosing to ignore history, about to repeat it.

Out.

2 Likes

Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by Opoki(m): 2:00pm On Jul 16, 2017
Funjosh:
Where did we lost it
We lost it the moment Awolowo, Tafawa, Nnamdi Azikwe, Sadauna, Akintola and other selfish idiot started chanting Independence!
Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by majorbravo: 2:00pm On Jul 16, 2017
mansakhalifa:
That thing on that tripod does not look like a camera to me. If you ask me,it looks like some sort of surveying equipment-a theodolite or something? Dunno.
Its called a transit. Used for measuring horizontal and vertical angles, its very similar to a theodolite.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by embee3(m): 2:03pm On Jul 16, 2017
chiagozien:
That was when nigeria has not expire.

I feel terrible seeing this image. It's like it's happening for real. I feel bad for my dear country. This country I love so much. I don't want to loose hope just yet.
Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 16, 2017
We lost it when your English grammar became so terrible.

Funjosh:
Where did we lost it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by lavenjcrown(m): 2:03pm On Jul 16, 2017
I bet u all that Nigeria's problem can never be solve or get better again with all these rubbish our leaders are doing.
Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by sukkot: 2:07pm On Jul 16, 2017
em donkeys is like, gaddemmmm, all this load. in my next life i hope God bless me to return as a human

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5661043_20170716054215_jpegb7d888b12c859ddec5dd35debf112e6a

2 Likes

Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by iamrealdeji(m): 2:07pm On Jul 16, 2017
Explorers and Joshautong are no doubt the best bloggers on nairaland
Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by Bibors(m): 2:08pm On Jul 16, 2017
I have always wept for the black man. Instead of advancing using the foundations laid by the white man as a stepping stone, we choose to run back to primitive times. Basic human amenities were working then. Did anyone notice the accuracy in construction then? Compare it with collapsing structures of today.

Who are we going to even vote into power who will have the will to reset Naija to default?

Revolution is Loading and it will come swiftly.

1 Like

Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by shumuel(m): 2:09pm On Jul 16, 2017
Explorers:
This image shows a group of students in a science class learning about the human skeleton from their teacher.

This was when Education was BAE.

Whats on the board speaks volumes, if it was today what you'll be seeing would Lyrics to a hip-hop song, words like Jango was here, the subject time-table e.t.c it's a pity ''Nigeria was great''
Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by ariklawani(f): 2:09pm On Jul 16, 2017
All this beautiful pictures make me wanna cry.Good old days.

1 Like

Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by ashawopikin(m): 2:10pm On Jul 16, 2017
greatgod2012:
Always looking forward to explorer's threads!

Very insightful!

Maybe we shouldn't have gotten independence when we did!
I dey tell u.explorer is number 1

Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by poseidon12: 2:10pm On Jul 16, 2017
Funjosh:
Where did we lost it

Well, we have the misguided tribalistic military men with their centralized unitary system of governance to blame for the mess we have found ourselves in.
But it's about time we solved the problem. We need to decentralize governance, period. That is to say, we need to restructure asap.
Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by sukkot: 2:12pm On Jul 16, 2017
i think everybody needs to return back to their state and go and develop it. now everybody just pack like sardine in lagos and wonder why there is so much traffic jam.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by scholes0(m): 2:14pm On Jul 16, 2017
Explorers:
Before Shoprite, we had Kingsway.

This is Kingsway Ibadan.
Include the locaiton pls. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by EazyMoh(m): 2:16pm On Jul 16, 2017
Zane2point4:
I took my time to look at the pics posted here, they only set of people that never changed both in dress sense and environment is the NORTH, Nothing changed atall.
I knew I will see an ignorant comment like this.
If it isn't broken why fix it?
Northerners had schools, courts with learned judges, dressing and culture. A well established economy built on trade and manufacturing. Goods produced in northern Nigeria were exported to different parts of the world.
In contrast your ancestors were barbecuing each other if any individual strayed out of their village domain. Killing twins and wearing very little to cover up.
So no! the north don't have to change everything to imitate your white masters you so much look up to in every aspect despite what they did to you.
You copy their religion, dressing, food, behavior and then turn around and view anybody who doesn't do same as primitive?
It's pathetic!

8 Likes

Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by rukis360(m): 2:16pm On Jul 16, 2017
Zane2point4:
so the South that Changed what did they change to? Slay queens, ritualists, kidnappers and Yahoo Bois?

2 Likes

Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 16, 2017
Nigeria problems started with Ojukwu followed with the military rule,when the international communities demanded that we accept democracy the military refused and sanctioned was imposed,sanctions is the worst thing that can happen to a country,if you doubt me then go and ask Zimbabweans,things got worse when ibb declared self reliance,self reliance is what we are suffering now,every man to himself,that breed greed and till now greed rule.

The end.

1 Like

Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by skedman(m): 2:19pm On Jul 16, 2017
nero2face:
this was when Lord Lugard thought his experiments was working out well, little did he know it was a great error, I wish He's alive today to see how woefully he failed...
he never failed. You failed with religion,ethnicity and selfishness
Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by ApexPredator: 2:19pm On Jul 16, 2017
What a pity cry. I'm Pro-Biafra till death but I can't help but feel sorry for Nigeria. It is a very tragic tale. This country was well on its way to becoming a developed nation until oil was discovered.

2 Likes

Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by Funjosh(m): 2:20pm On Jul 16, 2017
NubiLove:
We lost it when your English grammar became so terrible.

I have been expecting this since, thank you cool
Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by EazyMoh(m): 2:20pm On Jul 16, 2017
Explorers:
Two donkeys are pictured loaded up with a rather hefty load of crates.
The load isn't heavy at all!
It's just empty jerry cans!
Cc sukkot
Nice thread as usual Explorers keep it up!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by Maduawuchukwu(m): 2:26pm On Jul 16, 2017
malware:

Yes, we like it that way, enjoy your adopted ways.

Have you been to Kaduna or Kano?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR / Tinubu Wins In Benue With 310,468 Votes / Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.