Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,798 members, 7,824,323 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (250595 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by nwakaibe(m): 9:23am On Nov 09, 2015
Growth Isn’t A Mystery .
Monday, November 9th .
Pastor Chris
And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith (Acts 6:7).
I often tell people that growth isn’t a miracle. Though there could be a miracle in growth, growth in itself isn’t a miracle. Growth is the right application of revealed principles and means. Anybody could actually experience definite growth in anything they do. Wisdom makes you understand the principles of success, and how to apply them appropriately.
For instance, it doesn’t matter for how long you pray to add some weight, it may not happen by prayer alone. The reason is that God already revealed the principles and means for growing your body, and if you don’t follow those principles and means, it’ll not happen. It’ll be tantamount to asking Him to violate His Word, and He doesn’t do that. If you’re going to grow financially, spiritually, or in any other area of your life, it shouldn’t take a miracle. If you’d apply the revealed principles and means, they’ll work every time!

It’s like electrical laws; they work every time, irrespective of who’s applying them. So, the principles of growth will work for both Christians and non-Christians alike. This is the reason you can find non-Christians who seem to be successful. Remember, the Bible says God makes His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust (Matthew 5:45). So, there’d be growth for anyone who discovers and applies those revealed principles and means. But don’t forget, there’s what the Bible calls “good success” (Joshua 1:cool. That’s what makes the Christian distinctly different.
As you give yourself to the study of the Word, and walk with the Holy Spirit, you’d realize that God brought you into this world to dominate it, and be in charge. Apply God’s definite plan for winning; and be diligent with it.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, you’ve chosen me and ordained me to be productive in all aspects of my life! My mind is anointed for growth and supernatural success! I know what to do; I know when to do what to do; and I know how to do what to do, through the guidance and light that I receive from the Holy Spirit and your Word. I’m making progress and winning every day, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
|| Proverbs 16:3 MSG Put God in charge of your work, then what you’ve planned will take place. ||
|| Ecclesiastes 10:10 If the iron be blunt, and he do not whet the edge, then must he put to more strength: but wisdom is profitable to direct. ||
|| Joshua 1:8 AMP This Book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe and do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall deal wisely and have good success. ||

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 9:1-10,
Lamentations 1-2
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 11:1-13,
1 Chronicles 9
EXTRACT FROM: Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:04am On Nov 10, 2015
Eternal Success - Tuesday, November 10th .

Pastor Chris

While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal (2 Corinthians 4:18).

True success is by God’s Spirit. The “success” that comes from the world, through human efforts or abilities is temporal. However, the one that comes through the Word of God is eternal; it never fades away!

For instance, when you stand your ground in faith and proclaim God’s Word for a job, business, project, etc., and you get results, those results that come from your faith in the Word of God have life in them.

This is different from another fellow who gets his’ through human charisma or physical abilities. The latter’s success is temporal, while yours is eternal, because it has an eternal testimony of the Word of God that takes you from one level of glory to another.

When God brought the children of Israel out of Egypt and took them into the Promised Land—the land of their inheritance—He said to them, “If you start thinking to yourselves, ‘I did all this. And all by myself. I’m rich. It’s all mine!’--well, think again.

Remember that GOD, your God, gave you the strength to produce all this wealth so as to confirm the covenant that he promised to your ancestors--as it is today” (Deuteronomy 8:17-18 MSG). In other words, they were to give God the glory, knowing it wasn’t by their abilities, but through the power of His Word that they were delivered. They were to remember it as a testimony.

Your testimony of His grace and success continues in your life as you testify to the power of His Word at work in you, and on your behalf. Your success story won’t cease as long as you keep acting on the Word and testifying accordingly. Don’t depend on your natural wisdom or abilities; trust in the Lord! Act on His Word; build with the Word and you’ll always win, for in Him resides eternal success.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the privilege to enjoy a life of unending victory, prosperity, health, success, and righteousness, as I put your infallible Word to work. I testify of your goodness, increased grace, wisdom, excellence, and supernatural abilities at work in me today, and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Joshua 1:8
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

2 Corinthians 3:5
Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

1 Timothy 4:15
Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 9:11-28,
Lamentations 3-5

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 11:14-23,
1 Chronicles 10

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:53am On Nov 11, 2015
Do It His Way! - Wednesday, November 11th .

Pastor Chris

And Moses lifted up his hand, and with his rod he smote the rock twice…And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron, Because ye believed me not, to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them (Numbers 20:11-12).

It pays to always do things God’s way. The scripture above tells us of Moses’ action when the children of Israel were thirsty for water in the wilderness. They cried to Moses, and when Moses spoke to the Lord about it, He told Moses, “Take the rod, and gather thou the assembly together, thou, and Aaron thy brother, and SPEAK YE UNTO THE ROCK before their eyes…” (Numbers 20:8 ).

The instruction was for Moses to speak to the rock to give them water; he wasn’t to strike it. Interestingly, much earlier in their journey, when they were thirsty and cried to God for water, God said to the same Moses, “…smite the rock, and there shall come water out of it, that the people may drink. And Moses did so in the sight of the elders of Israel” (Exodus 17:6). However, this time, He said, “Talk to the rock.” This was a different instruction.

Sadly, Moses did it his own way, striking the rock, instead of talking to it as expressly instructed, because he was offended at the people. God was trying to teach Moses that there was a higher way; a better way. Moses was used to performing miracles with the rod; he could do anything with his rod, but God wanted to change things. He was trying to tell Moses, “You really don’t need this rod; you can rule by words; just talk to the rock and it’ll get you water.” Moses was too angry to think with God.

Refuse to be ruled by anger or negative emotions. Some people are so self-conscious and earthly-ruled that all they think about is how to do things their own way. They’re so carried away in the flesh that God’s voice is faint to them. All they hear is the voice of the flesh, but to be carnally minded is death (Romans 8:6). Don’t be that way. Go the Word-way all the time; follow the Spirit.

Even when His instructions don’t seem “convenient,” do His will, because with Him, you can’t miss your way in life. Don’t do what’s convenient for you; do what He wants, and your life will be full of peace and glory.

Prayer...
I delight to do your will, O Lord! Your Word is in my heart, causing me to walk in righteousness and fulfil my destiny in you! My desire is to please you in all things, as I live by your Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Proverbs 16:25
There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Luke 22:41-42
And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, 42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

Romans 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 10:1-18, Ezekiel 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 11:24-34, 1 Chronicles 11
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by namo77: 7:31am On Nov 11, 2015
A Gift from Pastor Chris, download here: Click here: http://downloads.rhapsodyofrealities.org/downloads/ror/start/tnno
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:50am On Nov 12, 2015
Seeing With Your Spiritual Eyes - Thursday, November 12th .

Pastor Chris

For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day (2 Corinthians 4:16).

The words of the Spirit by the Apostle Paul in 2 Corinthians 4:17-18 lets us know that we’re not to faint or give up when we face adversities. It says, “For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.”

Whatever you might be going through today, if you’d maintain your confidence in the Word, that particular experience will produce for you a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory. How will this happen? It’s by you refusing to look at “the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen.” That means you shouldn’t consider the things that are obvious to the optical eyes or the senses. This doesn’t mean you don’t “see” or feel that they’re present, but you’re unruffled and unperturbed by them; your gaze is fixed on the Word.

This was what Abraham did—he refused to consider the obvious adverse circumstances or what he could see and feel in the natural realm. Rather, he was strong in faith giving glory to God (Romans 4:20). This is how God expects you to live: looking at the unseen; that’s when the miracle happens. Now, how can you look at things that aren’t seen? If they can’t be seen, how then can you look at them?

That lets you know He’s talking about seeing with your spirit. The things that aren’t seen are those things God has said concerning you in His Word; they may not be obvious to the optical eyes, but they’re real nonetheless. Likewise, whatever you’ve asked the Lord for, and received with your spirit, is real, even though you may not be able to relate with it through your natural senses. So, you take possession with your spirit and refuse to consider the circumstances that may try to convince you otherwise. That’s how it works.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word, and its ability to put me over in life, and cause me to fulfil my destiny in you! By my confessions of faith, I cause situations to be in harmony with your perfect will for me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Mark 11:23-24
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. 24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 10:19-39, Ezekiel 3-4

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 11:35-46, 1 Chronicles 12

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:20am On Nov 13, 2015
The Word Is Our Assurance - Friday, November 13th .

Pastor Chris

For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us (2 Corinthians 1:20).

The reason we believe that when we pray God answers isn’t that we think or assume He does, but because He said so—in His Word. He said, “…ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full” (John 16:24). 1 Peter 3:12 says, “For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers….” When you know these, you’re confident and bold to pray, knowing that God will always answer. His Word gives us that assurance.

For example, if I asked you to see me at 10:00am tomorrow morning, for a car gift, you’d have faith to come, even though you haven’t seen the car. You may even happily tell others, “I’ve got a car now.” When they ask, “Where is it?” You’d boldly respond, “I’ll show it to you in the morning!” That’s because there’s a promise, and you’re confident that the one who promised you the car has both the means and integrity to make it happen. If there was no promise to that effect, you might probably be begging for the car, instead of being confident to ask for it.

That’s how it is with those who don’t know what God has given to them: their rights, privileges and heritage in Christ, as stated in the Word. Such people literally beg for everything. It’s because they don’t know whether or not God made a promise, or even if He’s already done what they’re asking Him for. So, their prayer isn’t based on faith.

The Word of God is the true basis for faith; the reason you should always be bold to declare, “I refuse to be sick” “I refuse to be poor” “I refuse to fail,” “All things are mine,” is because the Word says so. God already gave you health, prosperity, victory, and the good life! So, don’t beg for what’s yours! Take possession by faith, with your spirit.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word, which is the material given to us to build our lives. My faith is alive and producing results, as I meditatively and prayerfully put the Word to work. As I speak, circumstances align with your perfect will for me! I rule, reign and dominate my world today by the faith of God in my spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Acts 20:32
And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

Colossians 3:16
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Hebrews 11:1 AMP
Now faith is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses].

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 11:1-16, Ezekiel 5-7

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 11:47-57, 1 Chronicles 13

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:39am On Nov 15, 2015
The Path Of Life - Sunday, November 15th .

Pastor Chris

Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore (Psalm 16:11).

The Apostle Peter, in quoting the same scripture above moved from the prophetic to the fulfillment, and quoted it differently. Rather than say, “Thou wilt shew me the path of life…” he said, “THOU HAST MADE KNOWN TO ME THE WAYS OF LIFE; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance” (Acts 2:28).

The Greek word translated “countenance” is “prosopon,” which actually means “presence.” It mostly means “thy face,” and it’s akin to saying, “Beholding the face of the Lord.” But it stands also for the word “presence,” which is in sync with what the Psalmist said. So, what was the psalmist talking about when he said, “Thou wilt shew me the path of life?”

It means God has planned a great life for each one of us; He’s prepared the path that we should go, and how we should live. It’s a path of glory. No wonder He says, “But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day” (Proverbs 4:18).

Sadly, there’re people who always find themselves in the direction or way of failure; things just don’t go right with them, and they think that’s the destiny God has for them; no! Everyone has a right to a great life. So it’s a choice that you must make. Some people think God chooses those He blesses. When He chooses not to bless you, there’s nothing you can do about it; but He’s not that way. Jesus died to save everybody!

John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” No one should live a defeated life, be miserable, poor, or fail anymore. The result of Christ’s vicarious sacrifice on your behalf is the life of glory (1 Peter 1:11). However, many don’t know this; that’s why we preach the Gospel, so that all men may know, and come into their inheritance in Christ Jesus, walking in the path of glory.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for guiding me through your Word in the path of victory and excellence. I’m yielded to the Holy Spirit, who opens my eyes to see, and directs my steps in the paths of greatness that you’ve prepared for me! I yield myself completely to your guidance, counsel and wisdom, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Isaiah 30:21
And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

Ephesians 2:10 AMP
For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 12:1-13, Ezekiel 11-12

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 12:12-19, 1 Chronicles 15

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:07am On Nov 16, 2015
Faith In The New Testament - Monday, November 16th .

Pastor Chris

And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God (Mark 11:22).

In the New Testament, faith isn’t something we’re counselled to have. The one who’s born again is born with faith; faith is our conscious lifestyle. This wasn’t so in the Old Testament. What they had was trust and confidence in God; they “believed” and expressed confidence toward God for different things, but faith actually goes beyond believing with confidence and trust.

In the New Testament, we live in a realm that’s unperceivable to the senses; we live spiritually. Therefore, the Word gives us a clear definition of what faith really is. Hebrews 11:1says, “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” In the Old Testament, when they wanted something from God, they released their faith toward Him, but it was more a matter of “Lord, I trust you to do what you promised.” Abraham had the best of it, because the Bible says he made an unqualified commitment to God; he broke all the limits.

In the New Testament, faith means more; it calls real, or sees the materiality of that which you’ve hoped for. In other words, even though that thing isn’t visible in the physical realm, you know it’s real and as a result, you declare that you have it! You’re not “trusting God” to make it happen; you know that it’s done; it’s real, even though you can’t touch it!

Moreover, when the Bible says, “faith is the evidence,” or “title deed”; it means that there’s something it represents. When you purchase a property, the realtor doesn’t carry the property to you; what he gives you is the title deed. That document is the proof or evidence that the property belongs to you. You don’t carry the property around with you to show that you own it. Where necessary, the title deed is all you show.

Faith is your “title deed”; it’s the evidence of your right to things you don’t see: “NOW FAITH is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses]” (Hebrews 11:1 AMP).

Confession...
All things are possible to me! My life is the expression of the glorious realities of the Gospel of Christ. My faith is working and producing results today! By acting on the Word, my faith grows and prevails, and I move from glory to glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Hebrews 10:38-39
Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. 39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul. ||

|| Hebrews 11:32-40 And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets: 33 Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions. 34 Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens. 35 Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection: 36 And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment: 37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented; 38 (Of whom the world was not worthy: ) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth. 39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: 40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 12:14-29, Ezekiel 13-15

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 12:20-29, 1 Chronicles 16
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:00am On Nov 17, 2015
The Purity Of A Christian - Tuesday, November 17th .

Pastor Chris

And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness (2 Peter 1:5-6).

As a child of God, it’s important that you always exude the excellence and righteousness of God that’s in your spirit. It should be easy for anyone to look at your life and tell that you’re a Christian. In the context of our opening scripture, “godliness” doesn’t refer to the righteousness which is in your heart, but to what you do that can be seen outwardly; it means piety.

There must be some piousness expressed in your behaviour, attitude, language, way of thinking, and way of doing things. There must be some discipline in your life, and in your communication. Never use vulgar or unwholesome words; have a clean language. The Christian has what is called “purity”; there’s the purity of a Christian, which should radiate through you. There’s some spirituality about a real Christian. It’s something that distinguishes you, because you’re not of this world.

You’re separated unto God, unto the life of righteousness. There should be some “calmness” in your life; there should be a way you carry yourself. There should be no roughness about you. There’re places you shouldn’t be found in, and things you shouldn’t do or say.

Use the Word to check yourself always, to get rid of any wrong stuff in your life. Keep bringing forth fruits that are consistent with your life and nature of righteousness: “Bring forth fruit that is consistent with repentance [let your lives prove your change of heart]” (Matthew 3:8 AMP).

Prayer...
Dear Father, you’ve imparted your righteousness into my heart, and set me apart to be an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity, and sanctification, to my world. My life is the expression of your righteousness, and purity of the Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 6:1-4
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

1 Timothy 4:12
Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 13, Ezekiel 16

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 12:30-41, 1 Chronicles 17
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 4:41am On Nov 18, 2015
Righteousness And Peace - Wednesday, November 18th .

Pastor Chris

And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever (Isaiah 32:17).

Our opening verse is quite instructive. It brings to mind what Jesus said in John 14:27: “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” This peace is the kind that you have in your spirit. This scripture is simply extraordinary!

The Bible says, “Surely his salvation is nigh them that fear him; that glory may dwell in our land. Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other” (Psalm 85:9-10). You know, in the days of Moses, truth and judgment came together. If truth were to testify against you, you were judged on the spot; you were condemned on the spot; but not with the Gospel!

In the Gospel, “Mercy and truth are met together; RIGHTEOUSNESS AND PEACE HAVE KISSED EACH OTHER” (Psalm 85:10). This is the Gospel of Christ. Verses eleven to thirteen say, “Truth shall spring out of the earth; and righteousness shall look down from heaven. Yea, the LORD shall give that which is good; and our land shall yield her increase. Righteousness shall go before him; and shall set us in the way of his steps” (Psalm 85:11-13). Glory to God!

This is what righteousness does. It gives you peace: “Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ” (Romans 5:1).

Confession...
Righteous Father, thank you for bringing me into a life of peace that brings rest with unlimited prosperity in Christ Jesus. I’ve been declared righteous, unblameable, unreprovable and brought into the life of peace that transcends all understanding. Halleluiah!

Further Study:
Ephesians 2:14
For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Psalm 37:37
Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: James 1, Ezekiel 17-19

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 12:42-50, 1 Chronicles 18
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:25am On Nov 19, 2015
God’s Word Is Seed - Thursday, November 19th .

Pastor Chris

Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God (Luke 8:11).

The Word of God is God’s seed, and like any other seed, it reproduces after its kind. God has a message. If the message is about healing, it’s the seed of healing. If the message is about prosperity, it’s the seed of prosperity. If the message is about God’s promotion in your life, then it’s His seed of promotion. Whatever that message is, it’s God’s seed for producing it in you or for you.

According to Jesus, in the parable of the sower, your heart works like the soil, and God’s Word is the seed (Luke 8:5-11). If your heart receives the seed of God’s Word, it’ll produce. God’s Word is meant for your heart, your spirit, not your mind. If you leave the Word in your mind, it’ll remain in your reasoning faculty and soon enough, it’ll be lost. He wants it to go through your mind, because your mind is the doorway to your spirit.
This is the reason you must not allow your mind to be hostile to the Word; don’t shut your mind against the Word; let it go through happily. Receive the Word always with faith, meekness, and gladness and it’ll produce results in your life.

Furthermore, prepare your heart always for the Word by watering it with prayer, with joy, and with humility; then it’ll have depth in your spirit. When the Word is sown deep inside you, there’ll be no thorn or thistle that can cause the seed to fail. It’ll grow mightily and prevail in you, and against adversities.

Always receive and act on the Word, and watch your life move upward and forward!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word, which is effective in renewing my mind and transforming my life—spirit, soul, and body. Through meditation, your Word takes root in me, thereby producing in me what it talks about, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Proverbs 4:20-22
My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. 21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. 22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.

Luke 8:4-15
And when much people were gathered together, and were come to him out of every city, he spake by a parable: 5 A sower went out to sow his seed: and as he sowed, some fell by the way side; and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it. 6 And some fell upon a rock; and as soon as it was sprung up, it withered away, because it lacked moisture. 7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprang up with it, and choked it. 8 And other fell on good ground, and sprang up, and bare fruit an hundredfold. And when he had said these things, he cried, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear. 9 And his disciples asked him, saying, What might this parable be? 10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand. 11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. 12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. 13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away. 14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection. 15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: James 2-3:1-13, Ezekiel 20-21

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 13:1-11, 1 Chronicles 19
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:36am On Nov 20, 2015
Be Rightly Positioned - Friday, November 20th .

Pastor Chris

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn…(Isaiah 54:17).

Often, we see Christians who aren’t enjoying their lives, and they’re not sure what the problem is. Some point to human enemies as the cause of their misfortune: “My enemies must be at work,” they grumble. They even start praying against their perceived enemies. Such Christians are in the wrong place; they’re not living in the Word of God.

We read in our opening verse that no weapon formed against you shall prosper. So, if the weapons formed against a Christian are prospering, then something is wrong! When the plans of the enemy are actually working against you, it’s not because the weapons are too strong; and it’s not God that’s unable to do something about your situation. The problem is, you’re wrongly positioned.

Recall what the Lord said to the children of Israel when the death angel was coming to town; He said, “…when he seeth the blood upon the lintel, and on the two side posts, the LORD will pass over the door, and will not suffer the destroyer to come in unto your houses to smite you” (Exodus 12:23). The death angel came to destroy, but the children of Israel were preserved. All they needed to do was to stay inside their houses. As long as they stayed indoors of the blood-marked house, it didn’t matter the danger outside; they were preserved!

So, stay where you’re supposed to be—in the Word; in Christ! That’s the environment of safety, preservation and victory. When you live in, and by, the Word, you’ll always be triumphant. Christianity is so simple. The life of victory in Christ is very simple. Jesus said, “Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock” (Matthew 7:24-25).

Make the Word your dwelling place; be a doer of the Word, and you’ll always win.

Confession...
I’ve overcome the world, the devil and the forces of hell, because I’m a product of the incorruptible Word of God, which lives and abides forever. I’m seated with Christ in the heavenly realms—a place of authority, victory, safety and deliverance—far removed from all earthly distractions. Halleluiah!

Further Study:
James 1:22-25
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Luke 11:28
But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

Psalm 91:1-2
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: James 3:14-4:1-12, Ezekiel 22-23

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 13:12-20, 1 Chronicles 20
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:17am On Nov 21, 2015
Living By Faith - Saturday, November 21st.

Pastor Chris

(For we walk by faith, not by sight: ) (2 Corinthians 5:7).

The opening verse is in parenthesis, because Paul was discussing another subject earlier. While on that, he referenced a principle by the side, because he was addressing Christians, and it’s normal for Christians to walk and live by faith. Faith isn’t just something you require when there’s a need; it’s our lifestyle; something we do all the time. In Christianity, we walk by faith, not by sight; our eyes are always on the Word, not circumstances or what the senses tell us.

Now, to tell someone, “You must breathe to stay alive,” is almost not necessary. You don’t breathe sometimes, and choose not to breathe some other times; you breathe all the time to live in the earth. In the same way, to live in the realm of the spirit, with respect to God you must walk by faith. That’s our normal life in Christianity. Walking by faith is living by the Word. No wonder Jesus said, “…Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God” (Matthew 4:4).

Someone might say, “Well, if God could just give me faith, I’ll walk by it!” As a Christian, you already have faith; you need not struggle for faith, for faith came to you when you received the Gospel. Romans 12:3 says, “For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.” Notice who Paul was addressing: “every man that is among you.” That means everyone in the Church—not to everybody in the world.

Every Christian has faith; and no matter how small that faith is, it can move mountains. Jesus said, “…verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you” (Matthew 17:20). So, don’t think your faith is too small; even the smallest faith is powerful enough to move mountains. But you must grow your faith; the more you learn and act on the Word, the more your faith grows and becomes strengthened.

Always remind yourself that faith is the realm in which you walk; you don’t walk by your sensory perception, but through your spirit!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for granting me prevailing faith. I don’t judge situations or circumstances from the natural standpoint or with my senses, but I see from the perspective of your Word. I live joyfully and triumphantly today by the Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Corinthians 4:18
While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen [are] temporal; but the things which are not seen [are] eternal.

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan:
James 4:13-5:1-20, Ezekiel 24-26

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:
John 13:21-30, 1 Chronicles 21

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:59am On Nov 22, 2015
Think Excellent Thoughts - Sunday, November 22nd .

Pastor Chris

Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life (Proverbs 4:23).

To “keep thy heart” means to mount guard over your heart, refusing to let just any thought come in. In Matthew 9:2-4, Jesus asked some religious scholars, “…Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?” That shows you’re responsible for the thoughts that come into your heart. So, watch and mount guard over your heart.
It matters how and what you think.

Several factors are responsible for the wrong mind-sets that many people have. Sometimes, it could be their upbringing or the environment in which they grew up.

Many today are programmed negatively to think fear, falsehood, and deception, because of the unwholesome influence from their environments. Romans 12:2 says, “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind….” The recreation of your spirit is God’s work, but the renewal of your mind is your responsibility. He gave you His Word to think upon and live by so you can have a glorious life.

There’s a transformation, a metamorphosis that occurs through the renewal of your mind. Change your way of thinking. Think excellent thoughts. A man is deemed excellent by the excellence of his thinking. Build and work on that! Have an excellent mind. Think high thoughts from God’s perspective always!

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for your Word and the transformation, and metamorphosis it brings to me. As I meditate on your Word, I’m catapulted into the realms of divine prosperity, increase, promotions and success. I’m renewed, refreshed and positioned for the glorious life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Peter 1:1-21, Ezekiel 27-28

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 13:31-38, 1 Chronicles 22

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:03am On Nov 23, 2015
He’s Made You A Helper - Monday, November 23rd .

Pastor Chris

Don’t be obsessed with getting your own advantage. Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand (Philippians 2:4 MSG).

As the seed of Abraham, you’ve been blessed and enriched in all things. Abraham was blessed in all things (Genesis 24:1). The Bible specifically tells us he “…was very rich in cattle, in silver, and in gold” (Genesis 13:2). 1 Corinthians 3:21 says all things are yours; so you see, this wasn’t just for Abraham; you’ve become a part of it. Therefore, always have the mentality of abundance, and be prosperity-conscious, because God has chosen to bless the world through you.

You might say, “But I’m from a very humble background; I grew up in poverty and pain”; it makes no difference. Now that you’re in Christ, you’re the seed of Abraham.
Refuse to think that you have no advantage in life. Make a success of your life. Think greatness; think success. You’re God’s channel of blessing to your world; have that consciousness. You have something to give to the world; you’re fashioned for good works: “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them” (Ephesians 2:10).

As much as God loves to bless people, He can only do it through you; you’re His point of contact to your world! He’s made you a helper to many. He’s invoked potentials, abilities, and wisdom into you, to do extraordinary things, and be a blessing in this world.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for anointing me with the Holy Spirit and with power to positively effect changes, and impact the lives of people all over the world. As the seed of Abraham, my mind is seasoned with supernatural ideas, thoughts and visions. I’m imbued with divine wisdom to bless and change the world, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Obadiah 1:21 And saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be the Lord's.

Deuteronomy 15:11
For the poor shall never cease out of the land: therefore I command thee, saying, Thou shalt open thine hand wide unto thy brother, to thy poor, and to thy needy, in thy land.

Proverbs 19:17
He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the Lord; and that which he hath given will he pay him again.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Peter 1:22-2:1-25, Ezekiel 29-30

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 14:1-9, 1 Chronicles 23

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:13am On Nov 24, 2015
Fulfil Your Calling - Tuesday, November 24th .

Pastor Chris

Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall (2 Peter 1:10).

Somebody has rightly said that the cemeteries of the world are full of dreams that never materialized, gifts that were never used, and potentials that were never harnessed. How sad! Many have lived and died without fulfilling God’s dream for them, without becoming what God wanted them to be.

Make no mistakes about it: just because you’re born again doesn’t mean you’d fulfil God’s plan for your life. The Bible is replete with examples of people who were called and anointed of God, but never fulfilled their calling. Nothing could be more miserable than that! Some are waiting on the Lord to fulfil what He said about them, but it doesn’t really work that way. It’s your responsibility to fulfil your calling. You’re the one to make it happen, but He’s in you, and with you, to give you all that’s necessary.

Some people erroneously believe they’d become whatever God says they’d be in life without doing anything. But if that were entirely true, Paul wouldn’t have said to Archippus in Colossians 4:17, “...take heed to the ministry which thou hast received in the Lord, that thou fulfil it.” Paul wanted him to know it was his (Archippus’) responsibility to fulfil the ministry He had received of the Lord. Also, recall our opening scripture; Peter said, “…make your calling and election sure.” He didn’t say, “Pray to God to make your calling and election sure.”

You’ve got a lot to do about the realization of your destiny, than you may imagine. Being a child of God, He’s called you and chosen you; it’s up to you to fulfil that calling. It’s up to you to be what He chose you to be. And as you yield yourself to the ministry of the Word and the Spirit, you’d gloriously fulfil your calling and walk in God’s pre-arranged path for you.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the impact of your Word in my life. I live to fulfil your calling on my life by the power of the Holy Spirit that’s at work in me. I’m guided in wisdom always, to know your will and walk therein, fulfilling your good pleasure, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Philippians 2:12-13
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

2 Thessalonians 1:11-12
Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power: 12 That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Peter 3, Ezekiel 31-32

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 14:10-21, 1 Chronicles 24

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:15am On Nov 25, 2015
Don’t Respond In Fear - Wednesday, November 25th .

Pastor Chris

And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full. And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish? And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm (Mark 4:37-39).

Some Christians find themselves in certain situations, and respond in fear. Even though they might pray and speak in tongues at such times, it’s usually out of fear. Such response can’t produce the desired result.

Once, the disciples of Jesus were in a precarious situation. They were on board a boat with the Master who slept off on a pillow at the rear of the boat. Then a great storm ensued. The disciples became apprehensive, terrified that the boat might capsize. They ran to Jesus and said, “...Master, carest thou not that we perish?” (Mark 4:38).

The Master didn’t panic. He didn’t say, “Oh, what a storm! let’s begin a prayer meeting!” Neither did He say, “Ah, this storm is too severe; you should have woken me up when it was just forming!” No, He was calm and unruffled. Then, in that state of absolute dominion, the Bible says He “…arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm” (Mark 4:39). Halleluiah! This was an expression of the quality of His Spirit. This was His mind-set; He couldn’t be afraid, in spite of the situation.

Philippians 2:5 says, “Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus.” In other words, be like-minded! Refuse to fear. When trouble strikes, refuse to fear; remember who you are, and speak as the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. Don’t become frantic; respond with the Word. The Bible says, “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom…” (Colossians 3:16). Be full of the Word, and fear will have no place in your heart.

Confession...
For God hath not given me the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind! In the face of opposition, my faith is unwavering, because my confidence is in the Word! I prevail over circumstances, functioning from a position of rest and absolute dominion, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Deuteronomy 31:6 NKJV
Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.

Ecclesiastes 8:4
Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?

Psalm 27:1-6
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? 2 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. 3 Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident. 4 One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple. 5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. 6 And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Peter 4, Ezekiel 33-34

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 14:22-31, 1 Chronicles 25

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:25am On Nov 26, 2015
Remember Who You Are! - Thursday, November 26th .

Pastor Chris

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God’s] own purchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light (1 Peter 2:9 AMP).

There’re some very inspiring thoughts to notice in our opening verse that describe your nature and calling in Christ Jesus. God created you to manifest His beauty, holiness, grace, glory, and excellence. You’ve been chosen to set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvellous light. This is your life! You’re excellent; you’re royalty.

The phrase “royal priesthood” isn’t just talking about a kingdom of priests, but “king-priests” in the order of Melchizedek. This is who you are in Christ. You’re a king; walk and talk as one! When you dress, dress with the consciousness that you’re a king. In everything you do, always remember who you are. You’re called to exude excellence.

James said, “Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures” (James 1:18). You’re the crowning beauty, and the highest of everything God made. You’re the one in whom God would fully express Himself; that’s why He created you—to express Himself in His fullness, through you. Halleluiah!

Confession...
I’m a king-priest! I live up to my calling! I’m “kinging” in life, displaying the virtues and perfections of Christ! I exude excellence in all aspects of my life, fruitful and productive in all things by the Holy Ghost. Glory to God!

Further Study:
Revelation 5:9-10
And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; 10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Ephesians 2:10 AMP
For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Peter 5, Ezekiel 35-36

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 15:1-10, 1 Chronicles 26

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:17am On Nov 27, 2015
What’s Your Name? - Friday, November 27th .

Pastor Chris

And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me. And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob (Genesis 32:26-27).

As a Christian, it’s important that the name you answer doesn’t contradict the Word or what you believe about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. So, if you haven’t found out the meaning of your name, do so; and if the meaning isn’t consistent with who you are in Christ, change it. The name you answer is a major confession in your life, because your name is your destiny.

The Lord Jesus changed Simon’s name to “Peter” for this same reason (Matthew 16:17-18). “Simon” means a reed that’s swayed in the wind; and that’s exactly how the man behaved. He would be courageous and full of faith one day, and doubting the next. But, “Peter” means a stone founded on a rock; by calling him Peter, the Master was revealing to him a new destiny and purpose.
Moreover, when Jacob had an encounter with the Lord, before the Lord blessed him, He had to change his name from Jacob to Israel. What was the connection between his name and the blessing?

The name “Jacob” means “swindler,” or “deceiver.” God wasn’t going to bless a “swindler” or a “deceiver”; He had to change his name to Israel first. He did the same with Abraham. Abraham had God’s promise upon his life, but his name had to be changed before the promise could be fulfilled: “Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee” (Genesis 17:5).

So, I ask you, what is your name? When your name is translated, what does it mean? Answer the right name! You shouldn’t bear a name that’s not consistent with what God’s Word says about you. Maybe your parents named you to reflect their rough experiences in life; but now you can do something about it. It doesn’t matter if it’s your first name or your last name; if it doesn’t agree with the Word, change it!

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the revelation of your Word that enlightens me on who I am in Christ. I’m in the centre of your will, where all things synchronize and function for my advantage. The Name of Jesus is named upon me, and I walk in my inheritance in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Genesis 17:15-16
And God said unto Abraham, As for Sarai thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall her name be. 16 And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her.

Genesis 32:27-30
And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob. 28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed. 29 And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there. 30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Peter 1,Ezekiel 37-38

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 15:11-19,1 Chronicles 27

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 4:29am On Nov 28, 2015
The Culture Of The Word! - Saturday, November 28th .

Pastor Chris

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever (1 Peter 1:23).

Imagine someone who’s Japanese or Korean—in the flesh. It’s in the flesh, because there’s really nothing “Korean” or “Japanese” inside that person’s body! Nevertheless, because of the way he’s been raised or cultured, his ways of doing things, and behaviour that’s peculiar to the culture of the Koreans or Japanese, it won’t take long for someone to be able to tell that he’s from either of those countries.

Now, what God expects is for us to be so inundated with the Word, so soaked in the Word until we’re known by our heavenly culture, rather than an earthly nativity or culture. Now, this can only happen through the right spiritual upbringing through the Word. As you receive and assimilate the Word, letting it get into your consciousness, you’ll naturally think and act accordingly.

The Word of God was delivered to us to give us a certain culture; a different way of doing things, because the world already gave us a culture, consciously or unconsciously. We had picked up from our environment some of the world’s ways of doing things. That’s why now that you’re born again, you must constantly renew your mind with the Word.

As you hear the Word, it ministers faith to you and you’re cultured for the life of the Kingdom. As you learn the Word of God, see through the Word, and understand by the Word—you’ll walk in the culture of the Word. This gives you a new lifestyle altogether, and causes you to function from a totally different realm; the realm of glory.

Confession...
I’m born of the Word of God and that makes me more than a conqueror and an overcomer in this life. I’m cultured by the Word to think and produce excellence, and express the righteousness of God always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1 Peter 1:23
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Peter 2,Ezekiel 39-40

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 15:20-27,1 Chronicles 28

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:08am On Nov 29, 2015
Give No Place To Satan - Sunday, November 29th .

Pastor Chris

Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me (John 14:30).

One of the ways Satan finds his way into people’s lives is through thoughts; their acceptance of his thoughts. When Satan plants a lie into a man’s heart and the man believes and accepts it, automatically, there’s a connection between him and Satan.

Remember, you can’t separate a man from his word, likewise, you can’t separate Satan from his word. Therefore, refuse to accommodate his thoughts and words. In our opening verse, Jesus said Satan had nothing in Him. This is very instructive. It lets you know why Jesus had no sense of doubt or fear; there was nothing of darkness in Him, and He declared it boldly.

Have the same confidence. Refuse to accommodate anything from the devil. Don’t give place to frustration, depression or sadness. Ephesians 4:27 says, “Neither give place to the devil”; you give place to him by giving place to his thoughts and words. Think about it: How did Jesus locate Satan in Peter? It was because Peter spoke the thoughts Satan had planted in his heart, and immediately, Jesus turned to Peter and said, “...get thee behind me, Satan…” (Matthew 16:23).

Was Jesus referring to Peter as Satan? No, He wasn’t. But Peter gave place to Satan by accepting his thoughts and giving voice to those thoughts. This still happens today with many people. Satan could come to someone and say, “Can’t you see how miserable your life is? This Word of God that you’ve believed all these years, is it really working?”

If you ever hear such a voice, refute it, for that’s Satan talking. Don’t entertain his thoughts. Like Jesus, let him have nothing in you. When He comes with those negative, depressing thoughts—thoughts that are contrary to God’s Word—tell him off immediately, with God’s Word in your mouth, and he’ll flee.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for anointing my mind to think excellent thoughts. I’m always inspired by the Word, to think on things that are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, and of good report, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

1 Peter 5:7-8
Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Revelation 12:10-11
And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Peter 3, Ezekiel 41-42

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 16:1-11, 1 Chronicles 29

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:34am On Nov 30, 2015
The “Working Of Miracles!” - Monday, November 30th .

Pastor Chris

But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues (1 Corinthians 12:7-10).

“The working of miracles” is one of the manifestations and gifts of the Spirit. When that gift is in operation in your life, the Spirit of God causes you or guides you to perform a miracle. There’s a wonderful example of such in the Old Testament, where the sons of the Prophets came to Elisha to help them retrieve a borrowed axe which had fallen into the river. The Bible says Elisha cut a piece of wood, dropped it in the water, and the axe head came afloat (2 Kings 6:6).
How did he know what to do for the axe head to come to the surface of the water? That was the Spirit’s leading. Elisha worked a miracle when the other folks didn’t know what to do about the situation.

On another occasion, a widow lost her only son and pleaded with Elisha for help. The Bible says, Elisha “…walked in the house to and fro; and went up, and stretched himself upon him: and the child sneezed seven times, and the child opened his eyes” (2 Kings 4:35). Again, howdid Elisha know what to do to bring the child back to life? That was the gift of the working of miracles in operation!

If you want to work with God for your financial success, for instance, you must have the thinking of the miraculous. As long as you think impossibility, you can’t work miracles. You must have a different mind-set. The miraculous isn’t based on the wisdom of this world. When there’s a seemingly “impossible” situation, and no human mind can comprehend a way out, trust the Holy Spirit for the working of miracles.

Always, your desire should be to be synchronized with the Holy Spirit; filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding. That way, your life will be the expression and manifestation of the supernatural.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for granting me the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, to know you more and to walk according to your Word. As I yield to your guidance, counsel and promptings, my understanding is enlightened to function with the precision and accuracy of the Spirit, in the working of miracles, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

John 14:12
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Mark 9:23
Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 John 1-2:1-14, Ezekiel 43-44

John 16:12-22, 2 Chronicles 1-2

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:11am On Dec 01, 2015
Practise Your Love For Jesus! - Tuesday 01st December, 2015.

Pastor Chris

If you [really] love Me, you will keep (obey) My commands (John 14:15 AMP).

Nothing matters as much to the Father as your love for Jesus. Everything in the universe is about Jesus. He's the embodiment and fullest revelation of God's love! He's the crown-jewel of heaven, and the joy of the Father's heart.

Therefore, you must love Jesus with all your heart, and keep fanning the embers of your love for Him. Let your love and commitment to Him be revealed in the way you talk, the things you do, and in the way you conduct your life! Love Him passionately! Love Him beyond talking and singing about Him. Make Him your eternal focus, for nothing else satisfies or will ever satisfy.

In our opening verse, Jesus didn't say, If you love me, sing to me, or If you love me, worship me; neither did He say, If you love me, pray to me. He said, If ye love me, keep my commandments. The proof of your love for Him is your submission to His Word. The proof of your love for Him is in doing what He told you to do. Thus, in demonstrating your love for Jesus, you do His Word.

The question is, Do you know His Word? You'd have to know His commandments to keep them, which is why you must study and meditate on the Scriptures continually. Colossians 3:16 says, "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord."
This is a call to knowledge; the knowledge of His Word. Hosea 6:3 says, Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord &. 

This is why true, heartfelt fellowship with Him must be your lifestyle. Through that fellowship, the Holy Spirit will flood your heart with the revelation of Jesus the Living Word so you can know and keep His Word, and thus prove your love for Him.

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the gift of your Son Jesus Christ, who died in my stead. He s the personality of my deepest affection. He s my eternal focus; the joy of my heart, my fulfilment and peace, and my everlasting delight! I testify today to the Lordship of Jesus, and the dominion of His Word over my life, which is for your glory! Amen.

Further Study

Hebrews 12:2
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Philippians 2:13
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

2 Corinthians 5:14-15
For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: 15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:48am On Dec 02, 2015
Ever-Increasing Glory! - Wednesday, December 2

Pastor Chris

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord (2 Corinthians 3:18).

There’s so much more in the Lord; so much to know and become, which is why you should always be eager, passionate, and zealous for the Lord; to know Him more, and be all that He’s planned for you to be. You can never know everything about Him at once. So, why stop when there’s so much more to learn, so much to know, and so much more to be? His glory is ever-increasing! Therefore, be excited to see your life constantly growing.

Desire more of Him, more of His glory, and increase of His wisdom in your life! Keep studying and meditating on His Word, and not only will you know Him more, His glory will increase in your life as well. The angels continually experience the wonder of His ever-increasing glory. As they behold the glory of God in heaven, they worship, and the glory continually changes. Every time they bow in worship and raise their heads, they see something new, and so they keep worshipping. The most beautiful part of this is that they don’t get tired, because as they worship, they increase in glory.

No one beholds the glory of God without being impacted; His glory transforms you. Recall the experience of Peter, James and John at the mount of transfiguration (Matthew 17:1-3). When they saw Jesus transfigured in their presence, Peter said, “…Lord, it is good for us to be here…” (Matthew 17:4). At that moment, they forgot about the whole world; they wanted to stay in the glory of God.

In John 17, Jesus prayed to the Father for His disciples, and there, He said so much about the glory. Why? Because the kingdom is “Glory-focused”; it’s all glorious. And that’s the life He’s given us; we carry His glory! He wants us to be conscious that we’re the effulgence of His glory! Blessed be God!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the glory that’s vested in your Word. As I behold the glory in the Word, I’m metamorphosed from glory to glory. My life is upward and forward only. I carry your glory in my spirit, and with this consciousness, I rule and reign, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Proverbs 4:18
But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

John 17:22-23
And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
[23] I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

2 Chronicles 5:13-14
It came even to pass, as the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the Lord; and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of musick, and praised the Lord, saying, For he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: that then the house was filled with a cloud, even the house of the Lord;
[14] So that the priests could not stand to minister by reason of the cloud: for the glory of the Lord had filled the house of God.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1 John 3:11-24,Ezekiel 47-48

John 17:1-10,2 Chronicles 5-6

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Acme77: 4:26am On Dec 03, 2015
In Union With The Father!

Thursday, December 3rd . 
Pastor Chris

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth (John 4:24).

God is a spirit; therefore, we can only worship Him and relate to Him from, and with, our spirits. This means not every living thing can worship Him. Animals don’t have spirits; so, they can’t worship Him in Spirit; only humans can. Someone might argue with this and say, “But the Scripture says, ‘Let everything that hath breath praise the LORD...”’ (Psalm 150:6). Yes, but there’s a difference between praise and worship. Praise requires no consciousness; but worship does.

When you praise, you extol His majesty. You may thank and eulogize. However, in worship, much more than extolling Him, there’s a communion; there’s a relationship. It’s a drinking together—a special kind of recognition between the “blesser” and the blessed, the greater and the lesser. The greater one receives the lesser one to His place. This is only possible with humans.

That’s why, for instance, we’re not permitted to worship angels. Though they’re great and powerful, God, in Christ Jesus, has raised us to the place of His Son, who’s higher than angels. We’re one with Christ, who’s greater than angels, and we’re therefore higher than angels. This is what the Bible teaches.

As He (Jesus) is, so are we in this world (1 John 4:17). We’re joint-heirs with Him: “The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs; heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ…” (Romans 8:16-17 NKJV). This doesn’t make us co-equal with Him, but it describes our inseparable union with Him: “But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit” (1 Corinthians 6:17). He’s the head, and we’re His body (Colossians 1:18). We’re in union with the Father. Glory to God!

PRAYER

Dear Father, thank you for the awesome privilege of being called into fellowship with you. My life is a manifestation of your wisdom, power, and glory. I live from the mountaintop, because I’ve been brought into oneness with Christ; seated together with Him in the realms of glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: || Ephesians 2:6-7 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. ||

|| 1 Corinthians 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord. ||

|| 1 John 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. ||

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 John 4, 
Daniel 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 17:11-21, 
2 Chronicles 7-8
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:48am On Dec 03, 2015
Thank you.

kindly edit your post to suit the 'original' template here. thanks
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:50am On Dec 04, 2015
Beyond Religion - Friday, December 4

Pastor Chris

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God (John 3:3).

Someone who isn’t born again is spiritually dead. That means he’s alienated from the life of God (Ephesians 2:12); he’s separated from the consciousness, the glory, and the light of Almighty God. This is worse than physical death.

In the Garden of Eden, Adam sinned against God. From then on, darkness came into this world, and man became estranged and cut off from the light of God. Ever since, man has yearned for communion with God, and sought different ways to make it happen; it accounts for all the religions of the world. Religion is man seeking his own ways to contact or communicate with God. Sadly, man hasn’t and can’t find God in religion.

Howbeit, God, in His mercy, sent Jesus to the world to reconcile man to God; to let us know who He is, what He’s like and what He wants. Jesus Christ is the revelation of the Father’s will; He’s the Father’s love manifested; the expression of God’s personality, and the outshining of His glory.

Now, Jesus came into the world with a new terminology, saying you must be "born again." That’s where it all begins. For anyone to come into the light of God, have His life and nature, and become one with Him, he must be born again. To be born again means to receive Christ into your heart; it means to receive eternal life into your spirit. Eternal life is the nature of God.

It’s different from the human life you were born with; it’s the incorruptible and indestructible life of God. It’s what makes us associates of the God-kind!

When you’re born again, your spirit comes alive to God, and the Kingdom of God becomes real to you. Being born again means you’re separated into a life of glory, triumph, success, prosperity, and a blessed assurance. The rudiments of this world no longer govern your life; you’ve been disconnected from the domain of darkness and transferred into the glorious liberty of the sons of God. This is beyond religion. Blessed be God!

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for demonstrating your eternal love for mankind by sending Jesus Christ. Thank you for the precious salvation I have in Him. I’m a new creation in Christ Jesus, born with the nature of God in my spirit. I function in the higher, transcendent life in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 3:5-7;

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

1 Peter 1:23
23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

1 Year Bible Reading Plan : 1 John 5 Daniel 3-4

2 Year Bible Reading Plan : John 17:22-26 2 Chronicles 9-10

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:15am On Dec 05, 2015
He Speaks "Spirit-Language!" - Saturday, December 5th

Pastor Chris

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth (John 4:24).

God relates with your spirit, and not with your mind or physical body. When He talks to you, He talks to your spirit. Your head may try to reason out His Word to no avail, but your spirit knows exactly when God talks and what He’s saying, because your spirit knows God. That’s where the light of God is: “The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord, searching all the inward parts of the belly” (Proverbs 20:27).

Sometimes, when we say God said something to us, there’re those who get confused and say, “Really, God talked to you? What language did He speak?” They’re ignorant of the fact that man is a spirit and God is a spirit. When God talks to the spirit, He speaks “spirit-language”; it’s a spirit-to-spirit communication. Your spirit understands when God speaks. His language isn’t English, French, Portuguese or any other earthly language, but you’ll hear Him in whatever language you understand when He talks to you.

Remember, language is nothing but coded sound. For example, if I say to you, “tata,” it’ll probably mean nothing to you. But if there’s an agreement between two or more people for it to mean “come,” they’ll respond when they hear it. God is a Master Communicator, and with spirit-language, He can talk to anyone or anything. The Bible says, “He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names” (Psalm 147:4). The next time you see a shooting or a falling star, remember that God calls them by name and they understand Him.

If you’ve never heard Him, it could be that you’ve not been listening from your heart or you don’t give attention to His Word. Keep training yourself to recognize His voice by studying His Word. God and His Word are one, and He only speaks to you in consistency with His Word. The more you study God’s Word, the more you familiarize yourself with His voice, and are able to respond to Him when He speaks to you.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the ability to hear and recognize your voice. I walk in the spirit, and not in the flesh. Therefore, my spirit is constantly trained by your Word to hear and discern your voice as you lead me in perpetual triumph, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Psalm 50:1 [[A Psalm of Asaph.]] The mighty God, even the LORD, hath spoken, and called the earth from the rising of the sun unto the going down thereof.

Psalm 62:11
God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God.

Isaiah 30:21
And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

1 Year Bible Reading Plan:
2 John ,Daniel 5-6

2 Year Bible Reading Plan:
John 18:1-9, 2 Chronicles 11-12

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 4:45am On Dec 06, 2015
Love: The Manifestation Of The Christ-life In You - Sunday, December 6th .

Pastor Chris

We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death (1 John 3:14).

The first manifestation of eternal life in you is the love of God. When you’re born again, the love of the Father is awakened in your spirit. There’re people who hate us Christians, not because we did anything wrong, but just because of Jesus. Such people aren’t born again; they haven’t passed from death to life. When you’re born again, you can’t hate anyone, because there’s love in your heart. It’s the fruit of your recreated human spirit. That’s why the Bible says, “…the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us” (Romans 5:5).

We know we’ve passed from death to life, not because we can perform miracles, or because we can prophesy and speak in tongues: it’s because we love the brethren! As a Christian, you must make the uncompromising choice to walk in love always. Decide there’ll never be anybody anywhere that you’ll begrudge, dislike or be bitter against. It doesn’t matter the extent of hatred and animosity you experience from those around you, you have the obligation as a Christian to love and not hate.
Consider our Lord Jesus, as they nailed Him to the cross and cursed him, He looked up to heaven and said, “...Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do...” (Luke 23:34). That’s love! He could have destroyed them all in a moment of time, but His love overlooked their ignorance and forgave their wrong.

The love that you have for other believers is a testimony in your spirit; it’s a witness within you that you’ve passed from death unto life. 1 John 4:17 says, “Herein is our love made perfect….” This means that the love of God in your heart needs to be developed unto perfection; you’ve got to grow in your love. Continue to perfect your love. As you practise it, it’ll come to perfection.

Confession...
I’m full of love! The love-nature of God in my spirit causes me to radiate and express love to everyone I meet. I’ve made the choice to love everyone I meet, show them kindness and grace, and speak and believe the best of them always, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study:
1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Luke 23:33-34
And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left. 34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 3 John, Daniel 7-8

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 18:10-18, 2 Chronicles 13-14

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:57am On Dec 07, 2015
Develop Your Spirit-nature - Monday, December 7th .

Pastor Chris

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified (Acts 20:32).

One very important thing you must do consciously as a Christian is to develop your spirit-nature and become more God-conscious in your daily walk. There’re Christians who aren’t God-conscious, even though they’re born again; they haven’t developed their spirits; they haven’t matured in their Christian walk. When you develop your spirit, you’ll never be afraid of anything; you’ll always be a victor. It makes no difference what happens with you or around you; you’ll always be on top.

Have you ever observed birds, and how they fly? Some can only fly at a certain height. A duck may fly higher and longer than a chicken, but it can’t sustain itself like a sparrow. And as fast and as wonderfully a sparrow may fly, it can never fly as high as an eagle and sustain itself in the air. It’s like airplanes too; some can only fly between thirty to thirty-eight thousand feet above sea level. Some can fly at forty thousand feet, and can’t go higher, no matter how they try. But some can fly at sixty thousand feet.

Spiritually, it’s the same. Some Christians are “flying” very high. Some want to fly high but they can’t, because they haven’t developed their spirit-life for that level; so, when trouble strikes, they’re overwhelmed and rattled by the turbulence. But the one who has developed his spirit, soars like an eagle; he has the “speed” and “lift” to go above turbulence. It makes no difference what your present situation is; if you’d develop your spirit, you’ll always rise above the turbulence. How do you develop your spirit?

God tells us in Joshua 1:8 to meditate on His Word. That’s the secret for training and developing your spirit for success. That’s how you programme your spirit for the triumphant life of ever-increasing glory. Practise meditating on the Word of God. When you study the Word, don’t just read through; capture it into your heart, and learn to give the Word first place in your life.

God tells us in Joshua 1:8 to meditate on His Word. That’s the secret for training and developing your spirit for success. That’s how you programme your spirit for the triumphant life of ever-increasing glory. Practise meditating on the Word of God. When you study the Word, don’t just read through; capture it into your heart, and learn to give the Word first place in your life.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the glorious life I’ve received in Christ Jesus. I keep my gaze on your Word, walking in the consciousness of my divine origin and heritage! Thank you for making me triumphant always, and in every place, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

Isaiah 40:30-31
Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: 31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Jude, Daniel 9-10

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 18:19-27,2 Chronicles 15-16

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:10am On Dec 08, 2015
The Word Guarantees Your Success - Tuesday, December 8th .

Pastor Chris

This Book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe and do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall deal wisely and have good success (Joshua 1:8 AMP).

True success is more than having a lot of money and a vast estate. Jesus said a man’s life doesn’t consist in the abundance of his possession (Luke 12:15). True success is the consistent and ever-increasing manifestation of the glory of God in your life. That’s why a Christian can be so successful, even though he’s in prison. Paul and Silas were in prison; they weren’t failures. Though they were in prison, they were successful. They manifested the glory of God, and lived triumphantly.

It makes no difference what your present situation is; you carry success in your spirit. The Word of God in you will take you from glory to glory! Absolute success is living in, and by, the Word; giving the Word first place in your life. If someone had a health challenge for example, and the first thing he thought of was “What drug can I take?” the Word isn’t first place in his life. If there’s a problem at work, and the first thing you think about is someone in a powerful position that can help you, that’s not giving the Word of God first place.

When you face challenges, go to the Word for guidance, counsel, and answers. First, be moved to pray. When you pray, even if you don’t know what the Scripture says about the situation you’re dealing with, the Word of God that’s stored up inside you will be stirred within you. The Spirit of God will bring to your remembrance His Word that’s in your spirit. He’ll stir it up within you. So, the Word is what you need; it guarantees your all-time success.

Confession...
My spirit is built up and energized as I constantly look into the mirror of God, and give the Word first place in my life! Moreover, my profiting is evident for all to see! Praise God! Halleluiah!

Further Study:

2 Timothy 2:15 AMP
Study and be eager and do your utmost to present yourself to God approved (tested by trial), a workman who has no cause to be ashamed, correctly analyzing and accurately dividing [rightly handling and skillfully teaching] the Word of Truth.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 1:1-20, Daniel 11-12

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 18:28-40, 2 Chronicles 17-18

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 216
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.