Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,971 members, 7,817,849 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (250318 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:23am On Dec 09, 2015
The Inward Witness - Wednesday, December 9th .

Pastor Chris

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God (Romans 8:14).

God guides you through your spirit, and not your mind, and He seeks to lead you, primarily through the inward witness. This is the most important leading of the Spirit of God in your life and it’s available to every Christian.

Now, there’s a difference between the inward witness and the inward voice. Have you ever heard someone say, “Something told me to move from there; and as I moved forward, a terrible accident happened behind?” It’s not “something” speaking. That’s the inward voice; the voice of your spirit. When the inward voice talks to you, it’s a little authoritative. You could suddenly hear a voice from inside say, “Get up! Go and turn off the gas in the kitchen.” People have lost money, businesses, jobs etc., because they didn’t listen to that voice.

The inward witness, on the other hand, isn’t a voice, but a consciousness of guidance from your spirit. Imagine that you were contemplating going somewhere or buying a property; or maybe you had two jobs offered to you at the same time and you’re not sure which one to take. At such a time, what you need is to recognize the inward witness. How does the inward witness function?

You’ll discover that when you pray, a consciousness of joy wells up in your heart within the direction that God wants you to go. Sometimes, your head or mind may not agree, but the inward witness just bears witness within you that this is the direction. If for any reason, you consider going in the opposite direction, you’ll find a dampening of your spirit, not your mind. Each time you pray, the witness will come as though with hesitance and reluctance. That means it’s a “no.”

Some people have forced themselves to go against the inward witness, and they missed God. Some even wait for spectacular signs, saying, “Lord, if a dog barks at 3am from the right side of my compound, I’ll know it’s you.” God doesn’t lead us like that.

Through the Word and inward witness, the Holy Spirit leads and guides you from glory to glory. Train yourself to listen to the inward witness and the inward voice; it’ll save you from unnecessary problems in your life. You’ll have a glorious, successful and victorious life, if you’d learn to trust and follow the inward witness, and the inward voice.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for guiding me in my spirit through the inward witness. I continually yield myself to your Spirit through the Word and prayer, thereby exercising my spirit to pick the signals from you always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Psalm 16:7
I will bless the Lord, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.

Job 32:8
But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 2:1-17, Hosea 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 19:1-12, 2 Chronicles 19-20

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 4:29am On Dec 10, 2015
Contemplate The Glory - Thursday, December 10th .

Pastor Chris

Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high (Hebrews 1:3).

Jesus Christ is the brightness of God’s glory, and the express image of His person. That means He’s the outshining of God’s glory, the expression and icon of the Father’s glory. 2 Corinthians 3:18 (NIV) says: “And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.” How important it is to contemplate the glory of God.

In the King James Version, it says, “But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory….” What does this mean? The mirror of God is the Word of God. What happens when we contemplate the glory of God in the mirror of God? What does a mirror do? It reflects whatever is set before it. If you were standing in front of a mirror, you’d see your own reflection. The Word of God is that mirror.

Therefore, that reflection, that glory you see when you look into the mirror—the Word—is who you really are; you’re the glory of God. Every day, testify that you’re the glory of God! Affirm that every step you take is the step of glory. Jesus said, “And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them…” (John 17:22); He’s glorified you: “Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified” (Romans 8:30).

You’re the fruit of Christ’s suffering. The Bible talks about the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should be revealed (1 Peter 1:11). You’re that glory that He saw that made Him endure the cross and despise the shame (Hebrews 12:2). Have this consciousness; see yourself in, and as, the glory of God! Walk in, and manifest His glory everywhere.

Confession...
As I look into the mirror of God’s Word, I see the real me—an associate of the Godkind—with the life and nature of righteousness in my spirit. I’m the effulgence of God’s glory, a dispenser of His grace, proof of His love and goodness! He’s the light of my life, and in Him I live and move, and have my being. Glory to His Name forever!

Further Study:
1 John 4:17
Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

2 Peter 1:2-3
Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, 3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 2:18-3:1-6, Hosea 3-6

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 19:13-22, 2 Chronicles 21-22

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:17am On Dec 11, 2015
Live Out His Righteousness - Friday, December 11th

Pastor Chris .

...Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness... (Hebrews 1:8-9).

As a child of God, one thing you must do in your life is to sanctify yourself. You may be endowed with gifts, and great potentials, but you can’t run your gifts together with bad behaviour. And that’s one of the reasons some people can’t experience real spiritual growth.

If you want the anointing that promotes, lifts, and consistently keeps you at the top, and makes you untouchable, then you must love righteousness and hate iniquity. You can’t live in both. There has to be a consistency between the Gospel you believe and preach, and your life as a Christian. Where the consistency stops, is where your “blessings” stop. Then you find that things aren’t really working out in your life.

Even when things seem to be working for you, somehow, you’d find that your life isn’t glorious or honourable. You’re restless in your spirit, because things aren’t right between you and God. You’re grieving the Holy Spirit continually with your lifestyle, and you know it inside you. Fellowshipping with Him soon becomes a drag. Don’t let your life be like that. Live right and live for Him. Let this be an opportunity for you to change things.

Change that aspect of your life that doesn’t portray the character of Christ. Sometimes, this is all some people need to experience unprecedented growth and success in life, and see the power of the Spirit move in, and through, them gloriously.

Those that are closest to you should respect you, not just because there’s an anointing on your life. Rather, they should also respect and honour you because of the decency of your character. There’s a life of righteousness that’s consistent with God’s nature and ways of doing things; that’s the life we’ve been called to live. It’s a walk in righteousness.

Prayer...
Dear Lord, thank you for the gift of righteousness. My life is the demonstration of your righteousness as I’m the epistle of Christ, seen and read by all men! I testify that my life is for your glory; I’m pleasing you in all things and bearing fruits of righteousness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
2 Corinthians 3:2-3
Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men: 3Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

1 Thessalonians 5:22-23
Abstain from all appearance of evil. 23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Proverbs 11:5-6
The righteousness of the perfect shall direct his way: but the wicked shall fall by his own wickedness. 6 The righteousness of the upright shall deliver them: but transgressors shall be taken in their own naughtiness.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Revelation 3:7-22 Hosea 7-10

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
John 19:23-37, 2 Chronicles 23-24

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:17am On Dec 12, 2015
The Lord Your Salvation! - Saturday, December 12th.

Pastor Chris

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear...(Psalm 27:1).

David was a remarkable and extraordinary prophet of God, and he wrote the Psalm above. He said, “The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear...” (Psalm 27:1). This is different from “The Lord gives me light.” What David is saying here is, if the Lord is your salvation, that means you’re in salvation. In other words, no matter where you go, you’re already saved from every trouble.

For instance, the Bible says, “The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe” (Proverbs 18:10). So, if you’re in that tower, you’re safe; that’s what the Name of the Lord is. Which means, if you call the Name of the Lord, you’re in that tower; you’re in safety. Praise God! If the Lord is your salvation, you have nothing to fear. That means you’ll not need to call on Him to save you from trouble, because already, He’s your salvation. It was with this consciousness that David went to war, and prevailed in every battle.

David was never defeated in battle. When he was the king of Israel, the only battle Israel lost was the one he didn’t participate in; he never lost a battle. Why? The reason is that he understood the scripture above. Have the same consciousness. When you know the Lord as your Salvation, you lose your fears, because you’re in Him, and therefore in safety; nothing to be afraid of! Discover Him as your salvation; it’ll change your walk with God!

Confession...
The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? Christ in me is my protection. Therefore, none of my steps shall slide, and no weapon formed against me shall prosper. I fear nothing, and no one, because the Lord is my shield and buckler. I dwell in safety, because in Christ I live, and move, and have my being!

Further Study:
Psalm 27:1-3
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? 2 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. 3 Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.

Psalm 91:5-8
Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; 6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. 7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. 8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 4, Hosea 11-14

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 19:38-42, 2 Chronicles 25
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:24am On Dec 13, 2015
A Day To Give Thanks! - Sunday, December 13th .

Pastor Chris

Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place (2 Corinthians 2:14).

Throughout the outgoing year, we’ve been triumphant in Christ! Just as He told us at the beginning of the year, we didn’t struggle to be triumphant; it was a perpetual victory parade. He made it happen! Now, we’re singing the songs of victory. David said, “I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high” (Psalm 7:17).

Our hearts are filled with gratitude to the Lord for all the notable achievements we had in 2015!
As you review the year, if there’re areas where you wish you had achieved more, don’t despair. Don’t muse over the failures and disappointments of the days gone by; rather, count your blessings and praise the Lord with joyfulness. Rejoice over what He’s done for you this year, and celebrate His goodness and wonderful works in your life.

Remember, we walk by faith, and not by sight! In Mark 11:23, Jesus said you shall have what you say! Therefore, rejoice and be glad! Make it a day of thanksgiving. Let your praise and worship be heard and received in heaven.

Remember, in giving thanks to the Lord, you’re also getting His attention on your faith. Sometimes, we give thanks in expectation. That’s why He tells us, “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7 NKJV).

As you thank Him today, you’re saying, “Lord, my victories in 2016 are guaranteed; my life shall yet be the testimony of your greatness, goodness, grace, and glory!” Halleluiah.

Prayer...
Dear Lord, you’re the great God; the great King above all gods! In your hand are the deep places of the earth, and the strength of the hills is yours! For in you, I’ve been enriched in every way. You’ve been my strength and my shield. My heart trusts in you, and I’ve been mightily helped! For all you’ve done for me, my heart leaps for joy, and I give you all the praise, in the Name of the Lord Jesus. Amen.

Further Study:
Psalm 95:1-3
O come, let us sing unto the Lord: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. 2 Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms. 3 For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods.
Hebrews 13:15 NKJV
Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 5,Joel 1-3

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 20:1-10, 2 Chronicles 26-27

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:13am On Dec 14, 2015
He Needs Your Cooperation - Monday, December 14th .

Pastor Chris

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever (John 14:16).

Even though the Father gave us the Holy Spirit to be with us, and live within us, He (the Holy Spirit) requires our cooperation to carry out His ministry in our lives. He doesn’t do His work in you, without you. This somewhat accounts for the reason His manifestations could differ in the lives of Christians. In some Christians, He’s manifested in a great measure, while in some others, His work is suppressed; you rarely see the proof of the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit in their lives. This ought not to be.

Cooperate with the Holy Spirit; be synchronized with Him. Encourage His work in your life. The ministry of the Holy Spirit is manifested in your life to the extent that you allow Him. The more you cooperate with Him and encourage His work in your life, the more He manifests Himself in, and through you.

Remember, He’s your helper; so, you need Him. We’re the ones with the assignment from the Lord; we’re the ones charged to go into all the world to make disciples of all men. And He’s been given to us to help us carry out our assignment. Therefore, trust Him. Work, and walk with Him! Depend on Him. Without Him, you can do nothing (John 15:5). He’s the strength that you need. He’s the wisdom you require.

The Bible says, “…for by strength shall no man prevail” (1 Samuel 2:9); human abilities and charisma won’t work. You must do all that you do with the help and power of the Holy Spirit. He must sanctify and breathe upon your work; otherwise, there’ll be no true success. He came to help you fulfil God’s plan for you; therefore, be yielded to His leading and guidance always.

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit in my life. I acknowledge His presence in me, and I’m yielded to His leading and guidance today. I’m strengthened and rightly positioned in the centre of your perfect will, because I walk with the Spirit; His wisdom guides and propels me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 14:16 AMP
And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever—

Philemon 1:6
That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 6, Amos 1-4

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 20:11-18, 2 Chronicles 28

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:23am On Dec 15, 2015
The Power Of The Gospel - Tuesday, December 15th .

Pastor Chris

To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me (Acts 26:18).

The Gospel of Jesus Christ, through the power of the Holy Spirit, opens men’s eyes to see the light of God. When the Word comes to a man, he receives vision; no wonder the Psalmist said, “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path” (Psalm 119:105). The first thing the Holy Spirit does to a sinner is to open his eyes, because until a man’s eyes are open spiritually, he remains in darkness.

Therefore, in praying for people in your environment, in your family, or in the regions beyond who are yet to know the Lord, intercede that their eyes be open to see! The power to open their eyes is the Gospel of Jesus Christ, communicated by the power of the Holy Spirit.

When they come to Christ, He opens their eyes; but that’s only the beginning; He continues to enlarge their vision of the kingdom through the Word. As they study the Word, hear, and learn more about Him, He further enlightens the eyes of their understanding, to know and walk in their heritage and inheritance in Christ.

Keep preaching the Gospel; there’s no salvation without the Gospel; the power of salvation is in the Gospel, and it works only for the person who believes; and that’s where you come in. The Bible says, “…how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?” (Romans 10:14). Do you see why you should have a burning heart to share the Gospel? You’re God’s agent of salvation, ordained to turn sinners from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God. Praise God!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the power of the Gospel of Christ that grants me insight and foresight into the realities of the Kingdom. I walk in preordained pathways, conscious of my calling as a minister of reconciliation. I pray that today, the eyes of many around the world, who are in darkness will be open to the light of the Gospel, and they be turned from darkness to light, and into the glorious liberty of the sons of God, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Acts 20:32 AMP
And now [brethren], I commit you to God [I deposit you in His charge, entrusting you to His protection and care]. And I commend you to the Word of His grace [to the commands and counsels and promises of His unmerited favor]. It is able to build you up and to give you [your rightful] inheritance among all God’s set-apart ones (those consecrated, purified, and transformed of soul).

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 7, Amos 5-9

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 20:19-31, 2 Chronicles 29

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:43am On Dec 16, 2015
How Strong Is Your Desire? - Wednesday, December 16th .

Pastor Chris

When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment. For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole (Mark 5:27-28).

The Bible tells us of the woman with the issue of blood who, having suffered for twelve long years made up her mind to receive a miracle. Compelled by her desire, she pressed through a huge crowd to get to Jesus, defying the injunction that forbade her from having physical contact with other people.

According to the custom of the Jews, the haemorrhage she suffered made her unclean; therefore, she stood the risk of being stoned to death if found in public, let alone touching other people. Her desire for freedom, for her healing, pushed her to brave the odds (Mark 5:24-29).

In the same vein, until Hannah became “desperate“ for a child, and made up her mind for a miracle, nothing happened. For many years, she maintained the status quo, until she decided she must have a miracle. She went into the house of the Lord, fell on her face before God and prayed until she prevailed. Many had thought that Hannah simply made a vow to God, but she did more. She actually made a petition to God, giving Him strong reasons why she should have a child. And her prayer was answered (read 1 Samuel 1:9-20).

How strong is your desire to change your financial status? How strong is your desire to change your health status? How compelling is your desire to move to the next level? Perhaps you’re a pastor or leader in the church, how strong is your desire to have spiritual children?

We always want to see growth; every one of us wants to keep growing and making progress, but spiritual growth in any area requires very simple and basic principles that aren’t negotiable. One of such is strong compelling desire. Let your desire be strong enough to compel you to action.

Prayer...
Dear Lord, thank you for the assurance in your Word that the desires of my heart shall not be cut off. My heart longs for you and to fulfil your calling and purpose for my life. As the hart pants for water, so does my heart long for you. Through me, the people in my world are coming in contact with the message of salvation, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Mark 5:22-34
And, behold, there cometh one of the rulers of the synagogue, Jairus by name; and when he saw him, he fell at his feet, 23 And besought him greatly, saying, My little daughter lieth at the point of death: I pray thee, come and lay thy hands on her, that she may be healed; and she shall live. 24 And Jesus went with him; and much people followed him, and thronged him. 25 And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years, 26 And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse, 27 When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment. 28 For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole. 29 And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague. 30 And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes? 31 And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me? 32 And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing. 33 But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came and fell down before him, and told him all the truth. 34 And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 8, Obadiah 1

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 21:1-12, 2 Chronicles 30

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:23am On Dec 17, 2015
Prepare For His Soon Return! - Thursday, December 17th .

Pastor Chris

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17).

Jesus died for the sins of the whole world; He didn’t die for nothing, neither did He die a religious death. Sometime after His resurrection, He ascended to heaven. But before He ascended, He promised to come again. Prepare your life for the soon coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. He’s coming for a Church without spot, without wrinkle, or any blemish; a Church that’s holy and undefiled, a Church that’s living in faith, walking in faith, walking in the Word of God, and manifesting the realities of the Kingdom.

This is why we’re preaching and must continue to preach the Gospel with all fervency. The Bible says because of the salvation of one soul, there’s joy in heaven (Luke 15:7). So, let’s not be passive or complacent about the Gospel. It’s what we live for; it’s what your life is for! God left us here to win souls to Christ. Make up your mind to be what God raised you to be, and to fulfil His dream. Don’t live for nothing; don’t live for yourself. Live for Him. Stand strong in Him, because He’s made you a victor in this life.

Be alert and alive because Christ Jesus has given you power over all devils. He’s given you power over fear; be not afraid of anything. And when He comes again, we’d bring our sheaves with us; we’d present all that we have won to Him, and He’d say, “Well done thou good and faithful servant; enter into the joy of thy Lord” (Matthew 25:21). That’s what our singing is for, our worship, our giving; that’s what everything we do is for: the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ!

Prayer...
Dear Lord, I thank you for the glorious Gospel of your Kingdom, which is committed to my trust. With all fervency and urgency, I preach the Gospel of righteousness, snatching many from destruction and damnation, into your glorious Kingdom, and liberty of the sons of God, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Hebrews 9:28
So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 9, Jonah 1-4

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 21:13-25, 2 Chronicles 31

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:08am On Dec 18, 2015
Your Labour In The Gospel Isn’t In Vain! - Friday, December 18th.

Pastor Chris

And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name’s sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life (Matthew 19:29).

There’s something about those who are passionate about the Gospel; their life is full of glory. When you’re burning for the Lord, Satan may try to unleash terror against you from all sides, but you’ll always remain invincible, because the Lord Himself is your defence and shield.

Consider what He said to Paul: “Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace: For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city” (Acts 18:9-10). He said, “I’ve got a lot of people for you to reach, so I need you and because of that, no one can harm you.” The Lord is committed to those who are committed to His number one job—soul winning! He becomes your defence, and ensures your needs are met, when you’re sold-out to the Gospel.

The Gospel is God’s number one priority. It’s so important to Him that He sent His Son to die for the world. Nothing else in the world is worth living for; nothing else is worth your commitment, save the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Once you’ve keyed into this and become a pillar of the Gospel, you literally become God’s headquarters, His centre of operations, characterized by angelic activities and manifestations! Angels are under instruction to make sure everything you need is made available to you, when you’re an ardent soul-winner.

Peter once considered all that he and the other apostles had sacrificed and given up to follow the Lord. In Matthew 19:27 he said, “...Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?” Like Peter, there’re those who sometimes wonder what they stand to gain from all the sacrifices they put into ensuring the Gospel reaches the ends of the earth. Read again the Master’s response to Peter: “And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name’s sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life” (Matthew 19:29).

Your labour of love for the Master is never in vain. Stand firm therefore, and be afire for the Gospel, for it’s the power of God unto salvation.

Prayer...
Dear Lord, I thank you for the opportunity and blessing of being a soul-winner. I’m relevant in turning many unto righteousness; it’s my calling; it’s my life; and I’m fulfilling this dream every day, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
1 Corinthians 15:58
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Galatians 6:9
And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

2 Timothy 4:2
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

Daily Scripture Reading:

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 10; Micah 1-3

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 1:1-11; 2 Chronicles 32

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:13am On Dec 19, 2015
The Heavenly Voice - Saturday, December 19th

Pastor Chris

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night
(Psalm 1:1-2).

Many people may try to advise you, and talk to you about certain things in life, but you must be careful and discerning enough to refuse and reject every ungodly voice and counsel. Obey only the voice of the Spirit: the heavenly voice!

That’s the voice that Moses heard. That’s the voice that Abraham heard when God said to him, “…Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee” (Genesis 12:1). Abraham didn’t know where he was being asked to go. The Bible says, “For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God” (Hebrews 11:10). He obeyed that heavenly voice, without questions.

As Christians, we’re not of this world. We’re from heaven, and so must live accordingly. There’re blessings for the one who rejects the counsel (advice) of the ungodly. But sadly, many people don’t understand this. No wonder they’re not walking in the blessings of God. It doesn’t matter that they’re religious; it doesn’t matter that they’ve been in Church for a long time. They’re not walking in the Father’s perfect will, because they follow the counsel of men; counsel based on the natural senses that leads to failure.

When you live by God’s Word, His counsel, life is different! You’re in safety, at peace, and in prosperity. You’ll heap success upon success. You’ll be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth fruits in season and out of season; and whatsoever you do prospers.
Let the voice of God, through His Word, be the final arbiter in all that you do. Study, and practise the Word.

Often times, the counsel you receive from the Word may be at variance with natural human wisdom and understanding, but that’s because the foolishness of God is wiser than men (1 Corinthians 1:25). Moreover, His Word never fails.

Prayer...
Your Word O Lord, is my sustenance, nourishment, and delight. In your Word I’ve found life! My progress is evident and spreads abroad as I meditate day and night, on your Word. Thank you for the transformation and increased glory in my life today, made possible by the power and impact of your Word in me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Proverbs 3:1-2 Hebrews 4:12 James 1:22-25

1 Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 11 Micah 4-5

2 Year Bible Reading Plan:
Acts 1:12-26 2 Chronicles 33

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:35am On Dec 20, 2015
Speak God’s Language!-Sunday, December 20th .

Pastor Chris

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth…(1 Corinthians 2:12-13).

Part of the ministry of the Holy Spirit in our lives is to help us discover what God has freely given to us, and teach us to speak accordingly. The Holy Spirit teaches us to speak spiritually; He teaches us to speak the wisdom of God. For instance, it’s through the Holy Spirit that we know that God has given us His glory. He opens the Word to us, so we can know, understand, and speak in consonance with the Word. So, when you declare, “I am the manifestation of the glory of God,” you’re speaking the wisdom of God; you’re speaking God’s language.

The wisdom of God is the Word of God. This is why the people of the world, and those who are spiritually unlearned don’t understand us when we speak. 1 Corinthians 2:6-7 says, “Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world: nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery…” You’ll never find the wisdom of God in the Physics Laboratory or History Library; it’s only the Holy Spirit who teaches this. He teaches us God’s language. He teaches us how to communicate with the right sound code.

It doesn’t matter what challenges you’re faced with; speak the wisdom of God; speak God’s language. The doctors may have said the disease is incurable; but keep declaring, “I have the life of God in me; therefore, my health is perfected. I refuse to be sick!” Speak life and health always; that’s the wisdom of God.

When you say, “I refuse to be sick,” that’s God’s language; you’re not saying it so you won’t get sick; rather, you’re testifying that the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, and as a result, has vitalized your entire being! Halleluiah!

Prayer...
I thank you Lord for the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit in my life, who teaches me the Word and unveils the realities of the Kingdom to me. I speak the wisdom of God always, and declare excellence in my health, job, finances, and family. I’m ushered into newer and greater levels of glory, victory and success, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Corinthians 2:6-7
Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: 7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

2 Corinthians 4:13
We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 12,Micah 6-7

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 2:1-13, 2 Chronicles 34

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:47am On Dec 21, 2015
Live From Your Spirit - Monday, December 21st

Pastor Chris

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH (Romans 1:17).

When the Bible says the just shall live by faith, it’s talking about living from your spirit. Faith is the response of the human spirit to the Word of God. To live by faith, therefore, means to live from your spirit in response to God. That means, living on, and by, the Word of God. Matthew 4:4 says, “…It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.”

To have a successful Christian life, you must develop your spiritual senses. Don’t subject yourself to the life of the flesh. When you’re born again, you’re a new creation; you’re a man or woman of the spirit. You’re different. God has given you new desires, new and lofty dreams of His spiritual Kingdom. He said, “A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh” (Ezekiel 36:26). This has become reality for the one who’s born again; your spirit has been recreated.

Therefore, the light and life of God are in your spirit; you can live comfortably from inside out! When certain things happen to you, or around you, don’t react as though you’re a victim. Take charge from within; be at peace and be joyful even in the face of turmoil, because you know that all things have been programmed to work out for your good (Romans 8:28).

Don’t look at things from the outside. You’re a spirit being. Your salvation is of the Spirit; the Kingdom to which you belong is of the Spirit. God is the Father of spirits. Therefore, live from your spirit.

Confession...
I walk by faith, and not by sensory perception! I live from my spirit. The circumstances of life are subdued before me. I live on God’s terms; I reason with the mind of Christ, and my outlook on life is from the perspective of the Word, giving me the wisdom and mind-set of the righteous. Blessed be God!

Further Study:
Galatians 5:16
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

2 Corinthians 4:17-18
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; 18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 13:1-10, Nahum 1-3

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 2:14-24,2 Chronicles 35

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:05am On Dec 22, 2015
Justified By His Resurrection!- Tuesday, December 22nd .

Pastor Chris

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 5:1).

When the Bible says, “Therefore being justified by faith…,” it’s talking about being declared righteous by faith!

We’ve been acquitted! Some people think we were justified because Jesus took the punishment. But that’ll mean that the accusation stayed. We weren’t justified because He took our sins. We were acquitted because all the allegations against us failed, for we’re a new creation.

Observe something remarkable: The Bible says, “But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus” (Ephesians 2:4-6). When Jesus died, we died with Him. When He was buried, we were buried with Him.

When God raised Him from the dead, we were raised together with Him! In the mind of God, in the mind of justice, as Jesus Christ was raised from the dead, we were raised together with Him.

We were in Him in His death, burial, and resurrection! So, when He arose, we arose!

And then, Romans 4:24-25 says, “But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; Who was delivered for our offences, and was RAISED AGAIN FOR OUR JUSTIFICATION.”

We weren’t justified by His death; we were justified by His resurrection! And this is very important.

When He was raised from the dead, He was raised a new man; He was the head of the new creation. He came up with a new life and so, the Bible says, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new” (2 Corinthians 5:17).

This means the new creation has no past; there’s no sin in him. His resurrection justified you. You’re not the man that sinned. That’s the old man. The man that sinned is dead; he died in Christ, and he didn’t resurrect!

A new YOU was born at the resurrection: “Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life” (Romans 6:4). Glory to God!

Prayer...
Thank you Lord, for the justification I’ve received through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. As Christ rose from the dead, I came alive with Him; therefore, I walk in this newness of life! I reign and rule in life today as a king, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study

Galatians 2:16
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

1 Corinthians 6:11
And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Acts 13:38-39
Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: 39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 13:11-14:20, Habakkuk 1-3

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 2:25-36, 2 Chronicles 36

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:49am On Dec 23, 2015
You Can Hear Him Every Day - Wednesday, December 23rd .

Pastor Chris

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness…(2 Timothy 3:16-17).

Many people have problems in their lives because they don’t listen to the Holy Spirit; they ignore His counsel. They make important decisions, without ever consulting with the Spirit. Some are in a quagmire; but if they’d be yielded to the Spirit, all the misery in their lives will be gone. God is interested in you being successful in every area of your life. He cares about the minutest detail of your life. It’s therefore important that you seek His counsel in all things.

The most beautiful part of it is that you can hear His voice every day. He always wants to talk to you, and does talk to you actually, even more than you want to hear His voice. The problem is that many ignore His voice, and some don’t even know when He speaks.

Now, understand this: Listening to the Holy Spirit doesn’t mean you’re necessarily going to have a specific word from Him every day; the complete Word is already given to you. He already gave you the complete message in the Bible.

That’s our instruction manual for life. For you to hear Him every day, you have to study the Bible, and as you do, you’d become more acquainted with Him, and familiar with His voice. Remember, He’s the author of the Holy Scriptures.
The secret to success in life is hearing God’s voice, and acting on His instructions. You must learn to respond to Him the right way and promptly too! The Lord Jesus said in John 10:27, “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.” Now, observe what He says happens to those who hear His voice: “…I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand” (John 10:28).

The Lord is protective of those who hear Him; those who receive His instructions and act accordingly. Give attention to the Word in your life. Don’t ignore His instructions, for they’re your life (Proverbs 4:13).

Prayer...
Dear Lord, your Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. As I study your Word today, your perfect will is unveiled to my spirit; wisdom comes to me, propelling me to act accordingly. My ears are anointed to hear you, and my mind is anointed to understand the mysteries of the Kingdom, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Job 33:14 For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not.

Proverbs 8:4-10
Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice is to the sons of man. 5 O ye simple, understand wisdom: and, ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart. 6 Hear; for I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips shall be right things. 7 For my mouth shall speak truth; and wickedness is an abomination to my lips. 8 All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them. 9 They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge. 10 Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.

Psalm 1:1-3
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 15, Zephaniah 1-3

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 2:37-47, Ezra 1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:54am On Dec 24, 2015
Enjoy The Life He Brought!- Thursday, December 24th •

Pastor Chris

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly (John 10:10).

During the Christmas season, you might have heard some people say, “If there’s any time to imitate Christ, it’s Christmas time.” Actually, that’s a misconception of what Christ, Christmas, or Christianity is about. Though there’s the imitation of Christ in Christianity, Christianity isn’t the imitation of Christ. You can’t imitate Christ until you have the life of Christ. Christianity is the life of God in the human person, made possible by Christ. That’s a miracle, and which is what Christmas is about. He brought us another kind of life.

The New International Version puts our opening verse more appropriately; it says, “…I have come that they may have life, and HAVE IT TO THE FULL.” He came to help us live the good life, which God prearranged, and made ready for us to live (Ephesians 2:10). He’s called you into a life of excellence, prosperity, perpetual victory, and righteousness! This is the reason we wish people a merry Christmas.

When we wish others a merry Christmas, it’s not just about how they feel or should feel throughout the day; it’s about the beauty and glory that Christ has brought into their lives. He has made your life glorious. He has made you a champion forever. As you celebrate this season, let God’s truth find full expression in you. Be bold about the Word of God; dare to believe the Word and declare, “I’m a success forever. I prosper in all things. The world is mine. I reign and rule over circumstances.”

Christ has come; He’s already been born. He’s already died for us, and has risen from the dead! He’s already ascended! Now you can live that transcendent life which He brought to us. You have that life now: “He that hath the Son hath life...” (1 John 5:12); it’s not a promise to the one who’s born again. If you have the Son, you have the God-life! This is what Christmas means to us.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for the life you’ve given me in Jesus Christ! I’m thankful that in Christ I live, and move and have my being! He’s my life and my all! I declare that His glory, grace, and righteousness, are continually manifested in, and expressed through me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 17:3
And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

John 10:10 AMP
The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Revelation 16, Haggai 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Acts 3:1-11, Ezra 2

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:57am On Dec 25, 2015
A Celebration Of His Life In Us! - Friday, December 25th .

Pastor Chris

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; THAT YE MAY KNOW THAT YE HAVE ETERNAL LIFE, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God (1 John 5:13).

Today, many around the world are commemorating the birth of Jesus. While Christmas tags along symbolic decorations, giving and receiving of gifts, family and other social gatherings, beyond these excitements and celebrations however, it’s important not to lose sight of the very purpose for which Christ came! Christmas is about who Jesus is, and what He came to do. He didn’t come to establish a religion. He didn’t come to merely show us how to do good things, or how to live a good life; it’s much more than that!

In John 10:10, He said, “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I AM COME THAT THEY MIGHT HAVE, and that they might have it more abundantly.” Jesus came for a purpose, and that purpose was to give us life—the God kind of life. He made that statement because we didn’t have the kind of life that God wanted us to have. The Greek word translated “life” is “Zoe”; it’s the God-life; the very life and essence of divinity. It’s the true, indestructible, imperishable and incorruptible life of God. It’s the transcendent life!

God made humans, but He wanted us to have His kind of life. His plan, according to the Scriptures, was that Jesus would be the one to give us that life, and that we should receive it through faith, because God is a faith-God. Hebrews 11:6 tells us, “But without faith it is impossible to please him….” So, in celebrating Christmas, we celebrate the life and nature of God that we’ve received through faith. We celebrate His glory that’s now revealed in our lives!

We celebrate the triumphant life that the birth, vicarious death, burial, and glorious resurrection of Jesus Christ has made available to us. Blessed be His Name forever!

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for bringing me into oneness and vital union with you through Christ Jesus, who has made me a participator in the divine nature; a distributor of the divine life.The life of God in me makes me indestructible, imperishable, incorruptible and impregnable; it makes me more than a man. Therefore, I live victoriously today and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 John 5:11-12
And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

Colossians 1:27
To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 17, Zechariah 1-3

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 3:12-26, Ezra 3-4

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by eureka: 5:14pm On Dec 25, 2015
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:34pm On Dec 25, 2015
eureka:
Brother Gombs,

Merry Christmas and a prosperous new yaer ahead. God bless you for your consistency in posting ROR every morning. Below is a prayer from one of leaders in The Haven
Hello saints,
Compliments of the season.
What a marvelous God we have who has preserved us to see another Christmas. To Him alone be all the Glory. The Lord remember you for good and [size=20pt]lift[/size] the light of His countenance upon you and your family. May the glad tidings of great joy, peace, dominion, victory and celebration that Christ brings in this season abide with you all now and always.
Every blessing that God had prepared for you and your family this year shall yet be established. And every stress from the pit of hell expires answer fizzles out now in Jesus Name.
Have a blissful Christmas and a glorious New Year.

God bless you .

Thank you sister eureka...It's been 2 and a half years of consistency and glory... God's been faithful. He's opportune me this to help folks in many ways, and get inspiring testimonies...Thank you for the prayer... it means so much to me.... May God bless you openly and abundantly... may He reward your labor of love, in Jesus' name. Amen

..the above bold is kinda awkward... i hope it's typo! smiley wink

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:43am On Dec 26, 2015
Don’t “Walk As Men!” - Saturday, December 26th

Pastor Chris

For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men (1 Corinthians 3:3).

When you were born again, you ceased to be an ordinary person. Outwardly, it may look like nothing changed, but a transformation took place in your spirit. It was an actual rebirth: “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new” (2 Corinthians 5:17).

Now that you’re born again, God expects you to constantly renew your mind with the Word, and think, talk, and live at a higher level. He doesn’t want you to think or live like the rest of the world. Romans 12:2 says, “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind….” Through meditation on the Word, you develop an excellent mind-set. You’d have “Kingdom sight,” and Kingdom perception; you’d see with the eyes of Christ and live at a higher pedestal.

Take the steps and live the higher life, for there’s a higher life in Christ. Don’t think or walk as men. Come to maturity! The babes in Christ think, talk, and walk as mere men, because they don’t know who they are. It’s such Christians who say, “I don’t understand my life. Things are just getting worse by the day.” You see, they’re talking on the basis of their feelings. They may have been Christians for years, but they’re still unskilful in the word of righteousness. They’re ruled by their senses.

However, for the spiritually mature, the communication is different. He speaks the Word, not his feelings. His thoughts, words, and actions are from the Word’s perspective. He has a Word-view for everything in life. There may be no money in his pocket or bank account, yet he declares, “The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places! I’m the seed of Abraham; therefore, the world belongs to me!”

Testify always to what God says about you. When you talk, and live this way, you’ll be a wonder to the world, because you speak and function in the wisdom of God. Halleluiah!

Confession...
My mind is renewed by the Word. I’m what God says I am! I’m like a tree planted by the riverside, bringing forth fruits in and out of season. I’m more than a conqueror, because the greater One lives in me. My life is a testimony of God’s goodness and grace. Glory to His Name forever!

Further Study:
1 Corinthians 2:4-7
And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. 6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: 7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

John 10:33-36
The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. 34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? 35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; 36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Psalm 82:5-7
They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course. 6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. 7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 18, Zechariah 4-6

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 4:1-12, Ezra 5

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:11am On Dec 27, 2015
Commit Your Work To Him
- Sunday, December 27th.

Pastor Chris

Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established (Proverbs 16:3).

A lot of times, people set goals and make different decisions in their lives, it could be about their finances, their family, their job or business; but as important as it is to set goals, don’t set goals out of emotions. Set goals through the Spirit. This is where many miss it.

The importance of fasting and prayer, in this regard, can’t be overemphasized. Fasting means that you separate yourself from everything else, especially food, while you spend time in fellowship with the Lord, talking to Him and praying in the Spirit concerning your goals and desires. If you were working on a particular project, and you want to determine the next step to take, pray in the Spirit. The Holy Ghost will grant you utterance and unveil the mind of God to you, and you’ll know exactly the next step to take.

Always commit your goals and desires to the Lord in prayer. Yes, there may be limitations; the projects or goals can be such that you don’t even know how to begin praying about it. Trust the Holy Spirit. He’ll help you pray correctly. Romans 8:26 says, “Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.” That clause, “the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities,” is better rendered, “The spirit bears us up in our weakness!”

Don’t take any major decision in your life, without going in the way of the Spirit. It’ll save you a lot of troubles, and put you on the path of perpetual victory. As you prepare for the New Year, commit your plans and goals to the Lord, and He’ll establish your path. What are your goals? What visions do you have? Commit them to Him and trust Him for guidance.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the direction and leading of your Spirit for me in the coming year. I commit to your able hands my desires and goals for my family, my finances, job, business, and ministry, knowing that you’re able to do exceeding abundantly above all that I can ask, think or imagine, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Psalm 37:5
Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring [it] to pass.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Jeremiah 17:7-8
Blessed [is] the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. 8. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and [that] spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation19:1-10; Zechariah 7-8

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 4:13-22; Ezra 6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by eureka: 7:57am On Dec 27, 2015
Brother Gombs,

It is no typo. Cpoied and pasted. No modifications whatsoever.

Have a great year ahead in 2016
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 11:49am On Dec 27, 2015
eureka:
Brother Gombs,

It is no typo. Cpoied and pasted. No modifications whatsoever.

Have a great year ahead in 2016

Why would I want God to lift his countenance upon me and my family?
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:03am On Dec 28, 2015
"Raise Your Spiritual Antenna" - Monday, December 28th, 2015.

Pastor Chris

As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them (Acts 13:2).

In a matter of days, it’ll be 2016. And it’s important we prepare ourselves, and are rightly positioned by the Spirit, for the glories and victories He’s planned for us in the coming year. One of the ways to do this is by fasting and praying; spending time to pray in the spirit, studying and meditating on the Word, and attending diligently to the visions, promptings, ideas and thoughts from the Spirit of God.

The Lord has something special for you in the coming year. It’s His joy and desire to help you navigate your way and chart your course gloriously and triumphantly. However, your spirit must be conditioned, and your spiritual antenna raised and tuned to receive divine words of blessing, instruction, direction, and counsel from the Lord. His Word in your heart—that you take with you into the coming year—will give you all the advantage you require for success and excellence throughout the New Year.

The most important aspect of fasting isn’t that you’re staying away from food; it’s taking your attention off the food unto God. So, minimize unnecessary activities or distractions when you fast. You shouldn’t forget that you’re fasting; this consciousness helps you to curb the cravings of the flesh, and maintain focus on the Spirit. It helps you to raise your spiritual antenna so you can hear from the Lord.

Remember, we fast and pray, not because we want to change God, but because we want to be ushered into greater levels of His glory and operations of the Spirit in our lives. Therefore, as you take out time to fast and pray, have a clear objective and expectation in focus. This will help to guide your prayer, study and meditation time.

There’re many who fast a lot without praying. It shouldn’t be so; you must include adequate and regular intervals of prayer, study, and meditation on the Word. Not only will this raise your spiritual antenna, you’ll stay ahead of situations, make general improvements in your life, and be rightly positioned for a glorious and triumphant 2016.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for the benefits of fasting and prayer. As I give myself to this spiritual activity, as instructed by your Spirit, my spiritual acumen is improved; I’m more attuned to receive divine signals, instructions, counsels, and ideas to navigate gloriously through the in coming year, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Acts 14:23
And when they had ordained them elders in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they believed.

Luke 2:36-37
And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity; 37 And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day.

Daniel 9:2-3
In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem. 3 And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes:

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 19:11-21, Zechariah 9-11

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 4:23-37, Ezra 7

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:07am On Dec 29, 2015
Position Yourself For More - Tuesday, December 29th .

Pastor Chris

Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting (Matthew 17:21).
As learnt in our previous study, fasting helps us to get our spirits attuned to God. It doesn’t get God to listen to us; it gets us to listen to Him.

You may ask, “How does fasting help me in prayer?” In Matthew 26:41, Jesus said, “Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” Fasting is a spiritual exercise; it’s a form of self-denial, where you’re able to subdue your flesh, subdue your appetites, to listen to the voice of the Spirit of God within you. Fasting strengthens your resolve and helps your focus, because praying is an act of communication where you’re talking to the Lord and, at the same time, listening to Him.

He desires to talk to you personally, and for you to understand Him clearly. However, you can’t hear Him when your spirit is clouded with other things. That’s the reason for fasting. As we journey into a new year, there’re many things He’ll like to talk to you about. It’s time to reposition yourself for greater manifestations of God’s Spirit in your life. Be excited at every opportunity you have to fast and pray, because it’s an opportunity to be repositioned for more.

Prayer...
They that wait upon the Lord, shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Therefore, Lord, as I minister to you in preparation for the coming year, I experience the supernatural release and influence of the Spirit in my life, and in all that I do. I’m guided, instructed and positioned for the next level of glory that you’ve planned for me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Joel 1:14 MSG
Declare a holy fast, call a special meeting, get the leaders together, Round up everyone in the country. Get them into God's Sanctuary for serious prayer to God.

Ezra 8:23 MSG
So we fasted and prayed about these concerns. And he listened.

Acts 13:2
As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 20, Zechariah 12-14

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 5:1-11, Ezra 8

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:39am On Dec 30, 2015
Present Your Requests With Thanksgiving! - Wednesday, December 30th .

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication WITH THANKSGIVING let your requests be made known unto God (Philippians 4:6).

There’re times people pray and make incessant supplications about certain things; maybe about their job, finances, family or health, or something that deeply bothers them, and it seems things aren’t changing. The missing link could be that they’re not presenting their requests and supplications with “thanksgiving.”

Read our opening verse again carefully: “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication WITH THANKSGIVING let your requests be made known unto God.” Now, notice that it didn’t say, “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing BY PRAYER AND SUPPLICATION ALONE, let your requests be made known unto God.” Rather, it says, “…by prayer, and supplication, WITH THANKSGIVING…!”

This means your prayer and supplication has to be with thanksgiving. When you present your request in that manner, what follows is the peace of God that surpasses all understanding: “And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:7).

This is remarkable! The kind of peace that people wonder at, will guard your heart and mind when you present your requests and supplications to the Lord “with thanksgiving.”

Those around you won’t understand why you can be so at peace and in control, in spite of oppositions, challenges and contrary winds that may come your way.

Do you have a special request for 2016? Present your requests and supplications to the Lord, with thanksgiving. Don’t beg; don’t complain. Ask, receive, and be full of joy. Blessed be God!

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the revelation of your Word today, and for bringing me into the life of peace and unlimited prosperity in Christ Jesus. I declare that your peace that passes all understanding fills my heart and that of my loved ones today, and tremendously we prosper in all our endeavours, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

John 16:24
Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 21, Malachi 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 5:12-23, Ezra 9-10

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:27am On Dec 31, 2015
Praise Him…No Matter What! - Thursday, December 31st .

Pastor Chris

Therefore will I give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and sing praises unto thy name (Psalm 18:49).

Always, it’s important that we learn to thank the Lord for all the wonderful things we experience, and also for those things we may not really consider to be very nice. Some people are only joyful and thankful to the Lord when things seem to be going on fine, but gripe in the face of adversity. It ought not to be so. Irrespective and independent of the situation or your immediate circumstances, you should always give thanks to the Father. Worship and praise Him, no matter what! I’ll tell you a story.

Some years ago, a Christian gentleman who worked with the government had been praying and expecting promotions on his job. Then, there was a problem at his office; he was accused of certain things, for which he wasn’t really at fault. So, he prayed that God would vindicate him. Instead of being vindicated, he was pronounced guilty, and as a result, he was demoted. Everything went wrong for him. In that state, however, he kept attending Church services, serving and worshipping the Lord, confident that God would vindicate him.

Not long afterwards, there was a change of government, and all those who were ahead of him were fired, but he was retained! And since he was then the most senior of all those that were retained, he became the new boss. If he had been promoted as he had been expecting, he’d have been amongst the senior cadre of staff that were laid off by the new government.

Sometimes, we have no idea what the Lord is doing behind the scenes on our behalf, which is why the Bible says, “In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you” (1 Thessalonians 5:18). “In everything” means “in every situation”; give Him thanks no matter what! When you look at the year 2015 in retrospect, be joyful and excited in your spirit, thankful to the Lord for the triumphs and glories you expect in the coming year.

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for making 2015 a glorious year for me. You have filled my heart with praise, worship and thanksgiving. Today, as I render heartfelt songs of worship, praise and thanksgiving to you, they are as a sweet smelling sacrifice, acceptable and well pleasing to you, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Psalm 96:8
Give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come into his courts.

Psalm 18:46-49
The Lord liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted. 47 It is God that avengeth me, and subdueth the people under me. 48 He delivereth me from mine enemies: yea, thou liftest me up above those that rise up against me: thou hast delivered me from the violent man. 49 Therefore will I give thanks unto thee, O Lord, among the heathen, and sing praises unto thy name.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 22, Malachi 3-4

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 5:24-32, Nehemiah 1-2

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:43am On Jan 01, 2016
Take A Stand For The Gospel - Friday, 1st January, 2016

Pastor Chris

Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay (Jeremiah 20:9).

Jeremiah 20:10 tells us how Prophet Jeremiah faced challenging times at a point in his life. His friends had betrayed him; and some people who hated his guts were waiting for him to slip, in order to take their revenge on him. It was a time of tremendous pressure, but he couldn’t be quiet. Read again his inspiring words of commitment to the Lord in our opening verse. Jeremiah couldn’t be quiet; he had to speak. He had to proclaim God’s message. Nothing was going to douse his passion for the Lord!

You may have taken a look at your environment, your home, place of work, city or nation, and told yourself, “I’m going to bring the glory of God into this place; I’ll proclaim the Gospel and see to it that the Kingdom of God is established in the hearts of men.” Then suddenly, trouble and persecution break out on every side. You know what? Remain strong. Don’t chicken out! Take a stand for the Gospel.

The Apostle Paul was in a similar situation, but read what he said: “But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God” (Acts 20:24). Blessed words!

Jeremiah, in spite of all the terror and troubles around him, stood up for the Lord, because he understood that the One with him was greater than all adversities around him. He boldly affirmed, “...the Lord is with me as a mighty terrible one: therefore my persecutors shall stumble, and they shall not prevail: they shall be greatly ashamed; for they shall not prosper: their everlasting confusion shall never be forgotten” (Jeremiah 20:11).

The Lord has created opportunities for you in your family, city, place of work, and environment, to make an impact for Him with the Gospel. Don’t keep quiet. This year, more than you’ve ever done, and irrespective of the challenges, let soul-winning be your topmost priority. Let your greatest desire and pursuit be to bring praise to the Name of the Lord, and make His glory known.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for giving me opportunities to reach people everywhere with your Word. I’m not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, because I recognize it as your power of salvation to everyone who believes. Therefore, I’m committed to the spread of the Gospel, to make your glory known around the world, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

1 Year Bible Reading Plan:
Matthew 1, Genesis 1-2

2 Year Bible Reading Plan :
Acts 5:33-42, Nehemiah 3

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:19am On Jan 02, 2016
Passion Forthe Lord And His Church ! - Saturday, January 2nd

Pastor Chris

For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up... (Psalm 69:9).

Every child of God must be passionate about the Church of Christ. David said, “I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD” (Psalm 122:1). He was passionate about the house of God! No wonder God described him as a man after His own heart (Acts 13:22).

One day, while sitting on his throne, he felt concerned that, as king of Israel, he had a palace to live in, yet God’s people could only worship the Lord in a tent. He thus decided, “I’m going to build God a house.” What a heart!

The Jews were also passionate about the city of God. Psalm 137:1 says, “By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion.” Notice that the Bible says they remembered Zion. We also find this in Jeremiah 51:50: “Ye that have escaped the sword, go away, stand not still: remember the LORD afar off, and let Jerusalem come into your mind.” Let Jerusalem come to your mind; in other words, think about Jerusalem.

In Isaiah 62:6-7, the Bible says, “I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the Lord, keep not silence, And give him no rest, till he establish, and till he make Jerusalem a praise in the earth.” The Lord set watchmen to intercede night and day with passion in their hearts for Jerusalem.

We’re of the Jerusalem which is above (Galatians 4:26). Hebrews 12:22 says, “But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels.”

The Lord has made us watchmen to intercede for the Church of Jesus Christ. You ought to pray, and keep praying, until the Church of Jesus Christ is a praise in your city, nation, and in the regions beyond. Become more fervent in the spirit, and passionate about the propagation of the Gospel. The time is now! Make a decision to impact your world for Jesus Christ, and establish His Kingdom in the hearts of men.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for making me a citizen of your heavenly Kingdom. My passion is fueled by your Spirit to intercede for the spread of the Gospel and influence of the Church of Jesus Christ in the earth, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Psalm 122:6-9
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee. 7 Peace be within thy walls, and prosperity within thy palaces. 8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee. 9Because of the house of the LORD our God I will seek thy good.

1 Year Bible Reading Plan : Matthew 2, Genesis 3-5

2 Year Bible Reading Plan : Acts 6:1-8, Nehemiah 4-
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:13am On Jan 03, 2016
Be Inspiring! - Sunday, January 3rd

Pastor Chris

Don’t pick on people, jump on their failures, criticize their faults...Don’t condemn those are down; that hardness can boomerang. Be easy on people; you’ll find life a lot easier (Luke 6:37 MSG).

God expects you to value others the same way He values you. When people come around you, they shouldn’t feel uneasy, dejected, imperfect, timid, insecure, afraid, or doubtful of themselves.

Rather, they should be confident, inspired, courageous, strong, vibrant, and enthusiastic to face life and win. Don’t make people feel intimidated, worthless or hopeless.

Consider the Lord in Genesis chapter eighteen: He appeared in the form of a man, and told Abraham who, at the time, was almost one hundred years old, that he was going to have a son through his wife Sarah. Sarah, who heard what the Lord said, laughed within herself, saying, “After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?” (Genesis 18:12).

Responding to Sarah’s unbelief, God asked Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh?” (Genesis 18:13).

The Bible says, “Then Sarah denied, saying, I didn’t laugh; for she was afraid” (Genesis 18:15). God could have reprimanded her thus: “You mean in my presence, you dare tell a lie?” But no, He wasn’t mad at her. Instead, He said to her lovingly, “No; but you did laugh” (Genesis 18:15).

God didn’t make Sarah feel less than she was; He didn’t attack her personality.

He was easy on her, because He knew the reason she lied was because she was afraid, and the solution for fear is faith that works by love.

Let people be confident around you. Let them be free to be themselves around you. Let them be free to express themselves; they shouldn’t be afraid to “fail” or make a mistake around you.

Every human person is bought with, and washed by, the blood of Jesus Christ; we’re sanctified by God, and are therefore valuable to Him.

When you see, relate with, and talk to people with this understanding, they’ll be confident in themselves and know that’s how God sees them too. Thus, instead of running away from God when they do something wrong, they’ll run to Him.

Prayer...
Merciful Father, I thank you for loving and accepting me, and teaching me to shower others with the same kindness, and cover them always with your love.§ I’m confident in your love always, and sufficient in your sufficiency, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Luke 6:36
Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Matthew 5: 7
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

1 Peter 4:8
And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

1 Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 3, Genesis 6-8

2 Year Bible Reading Plan : Acts 6:9-15, Nehemiah 6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:18am On Jan 04, 2016
Look To Him! - Monday, January 4th .
Pastor Chris

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth (Psalm 121:1-2).

How important it is for us to take our eyes and attention away from ourselves—who we are, what we've done, where we've been, what we've got—and look to the Lord! It brings to mind the story of Abraham, a very important experience he had with the Lord. In Genesis 15:1, God said to him, "Fear not...I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward." Nevertheless, Abraham complained, "Lord GOD..., what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless... Behold, to me thou hast given no seed..." (Genesis 15:2-3). God had promised him a son before now, but Abraham was still struggling to believe.

God then took Him out and said, "Look now toward heaven..., and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and He said unto him, So shall thy seed be. And he believed in the Lord; and He counted it to him for righteousness" (Genesis 15:5-6). With this, Abraham saw his offspring as innumerable as the stars in the sky, and he believed! Afterwards, Isaac was born.

God had to help Abraham's vision; He got him to look in the right direction and set his focus in the right place. The Lord helped him look away from his age and circumstances, toward heaven. Don't look into your house, or your bank account to find what you have. Don't say, "I'm so broke; there're so many things I want to do, but there's no money." No! Look to Jesus, the author and finisher of your faith. Look toward heaven, from where your help comes.

This is one of the benefits of prayer. In the place of prayer, we can really focus our attention on the Lord. When I pray, I don't see the impossibilities, limitation, or the problems. I only see the Lord, His blessings, greatness, and miracles! That's what happens each time you set your focus on Him—in prayer, meditation on the Word, and the Spirit: You see and experience the miraculous!

So, refuse to be anxious about who's going to help you! Look toward heaven! Lift up your eyes to the hills; your help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth. Glory to His Name forever!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for bringing me into a place of excellence, success, victory, and abundance. I'm inspired by your Word to think the right thoughts, speak the right words and receive the results of the Word in my life today, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Isaiah 26:3
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Philippians 4:6-7
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Hebrews 12:2
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 4, Genesis 9-11

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 7:1-11, Nehemiah 7-8

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:30am On Jan 05, 2016
Prepare Their Hearts In Prayer - Tuesday, January 5th .

Pastor Chris

And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day (Genesis 32:24).

The message of the Gospel that's been committed to our trust is a pearl of great price. Therefore, we must see to it that it produces the desired impact and transforms the lives of those we minister to, by preparing their hearts to receive the Word; otherwise, the Word you share with them could be of non-effect.

The Gospel we've been commissioned to preach and teach is the only hope and power for the salvation of mankind. Therefore, the right prayer is very important for that message to transform lives. You have to travail in prayer; a form of agony of soul. In Luke 22:44, Jesus prayed that way: "And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground."
The English word translated "agony" is the Greek "agonia", which means struggle, as to fight; like you're contending with someone for something. It's a wrestle, a fight of faith, a contention for the souls of men. In this kind of prayer, you're literally trying to seize those lives from the stranglehold of Satan.

Take for example, the case of a Christian who has become carnal, and doesn't take spiritual activities seriously. You'd have to "agonize" and travail in prayer for him so he could become spiritual and passionate about the things of the Spirit. He may have been out of Church, but you've decided to go share the Word with him, to strengthen and inspire him. Howbeit, you must first prepare his heart through this kind of prevailing prayer. Otherwise, he may listen to everything you have to say, and remain the same. But you don't want it that way! You want a change.

Therefore, agonize for his soul, pleading with tears in your heart on his behalf to God, that He would grant him repentance unto the acknowledging of the truth. As you do this, the Spirit of God will move on his heart, and grace will be released on his behalf for a change.

Prayer ...
Dear Father, I thank you for the power of prevailing prayers over those whom you've given me a responsibility to reach with the Gospel. I'm stirred today with renewed commitment, vigour and passion. I declare that the light of your glorious Gospel shines in their hearts, dispelling darkness, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Corinthians 5:18
And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

Jeremiah 29:7 NIV
Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper.”

Hebrews 4:15-16
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 5:1-20, Genesis 12-14

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 7:12-21,Nehemiah 9

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 273
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.