Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,731 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (249857 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:31am On Jan 30, 2016
Walk In Divine Health - Saturday, January 30th .

Pastor Chris

But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs (Mark 7:27).

Sometimes, you find Christians who say, "Lord, heal me. I claim my healing." For the baby and ignorant Christian, God may put up with that for a while. The time comes when He says, "Come on! Grow up!" And such prayers wouldn't work anymore.

Some people have asked me, "Pastor Chris, I used to pray for people and they got healed, and I also prayed for myself and I got healed. However, nowadays, when I pray for myself, nothing happens, even though I still pray for people and they receive healing. What's gone wrong?"

The problem is simple. God never told you to pray for yourself to be healed. Just because it worked for you when you were a baby Christian doesn't mean you should go on like that. The Bible says, "And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men everywhere to repent" (Acts 17:30). God's best isn't for you to be healed, but to walk in divine health. When you've matured spiritually, you don't ask God to heal you, because healing is the children's bread. Healing isn't for kings.

In the first level of spiritual growth, you get sick and then you get well, and then the cycle continues; you're always "believing" God for healing. In the second and higher level, you declare, "Divine health is mine!" You don't ask for healing; your faith works for divine health. When you feel symptoms of sickness in your body, you declare, "In the Name of Jesus, I command the pain to cease!" and it happens!

So, what level are you at? You've got to move to the higher class, where there're no headaches, fever, or any form of sickness or disease! The Bible says they that dwell therein (Zion) shall not say, "I am sick" (Isaiah 33:24). The reason they don't say it is because they don't get sick.

We're associates of the God-kind; we have the indestructible, "uninfectable" life of God in us. So, where will the sickness come from? Even if you feel symptoms of sickness, it's a mirage; shake it off in the Name of Jesus! Walk in divine health and refuse to be sick.

Confession...
I live the supernatural life! I've got divine health working in every fibre of my being, every cell of my blood, and in every bone of my body! I live the supernatural life, from the crown of my head to the soles of my feet! The Word of God, and the Holy Spirit quicken my mortal body through and through, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Corinthians 13:11
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

1 Peter 2:24
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

3 John 1:2
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 21:1-32, Exodus 18-19

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 13:42-52,
Job 30-31
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:40am On Jan 31, 2016
Remain Fervent For The Lord - Sunday, January 31st .

Pastor Chris

Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord (1 Corinthians 15:58).

These are the last days. There's a lot of distraction in the world today, enough to take your attention away from the Lord and His Kingdom. There're those who are fervent in serving the Lord, only when everything is calm: Their business is thriving, they're getting promotions at work, etc. As such times, they're full of God's goodness, loving the Lord and demonstrating His love to their world. But once trouble strikes, they get discouraged. They change their confessions and their commitment to the Lord begins to wane. Don't be that way; be on fire for the Lord all the time. Be instant in season, and out of season.

Some others only serve God when they have problems. They only want to "use" God to get out of their trouble. They remember the Lord only when they have challenges. But as soon as the Lord helps in their situation, they disappear! You even have to look for them to testify. Now, they don't have time for the Lord anymore; they're too busy. How sad.

No matter what happens in your life, never allow anything distract you or dampen your zeal and commitment to the Master. If you allow anything take your attention away from serving God, then you're not steadfast; you've become moveable, but the scripture says, "Be ye stedfast, and unmoveable." As you remain steadfast in serving the Lord, the enemy will throw darts at you; refuse to be moved.

The Bible says, "If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small" (Proverbs 24:10). When everything is going smoothly, be steadfast; and when it's a period of adversity, don't change from being who you are, because no matter what happens to you, you've been destined to win: "Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world" (1 John 4:4).

Prayer...
Dear Lord, I serve you in truth with all my heart, for you've been great in my life! I remain steadfast and unmovable. I'm fervent in spirit, serving you with joy, and bringing glory to your precious Name. Thank you for making me eternally triumphant, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Colossians 3:23-24
And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; 24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

Romans 12:11-12
Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord; 12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 21:33-22:1-14, Exodus 20-21

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 14:1-7,
Job 32-33

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:11am On Feb 01, 2016
Salt of the Earth ...and light of the World - Monday, February 1

Pastor Chris

Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid (Matthew 5:13-14).

In our theme scripture, the Lord Jesus highlighted two of our extraordinary attributes as new creations in Christ: we’re the salt of the earth, and the light of the world. This lets you know your relevance in the world; you’re special.

Besides its other uses, salt is a preservative as well as a condiment. It preserves food against putrefaction, and also gives it flavour. So, as “the salt of the earth,” God is trusting you to preserve and bring flavour to your world. This you can achieve by manifesting the love of God, sharing God’s Word through the Holy Spirit with those in your sphere of contact: your family members, friends, neighbours, colleagues, etc.

Your presence in your family is for the preservation and salvation of every member of that family! Your presence in the estate or neighbourhood where you live, your school, or place of work, is for the salvation and preservation of the people there. This is your God-given responsibility.

Furthermore, the latter part of our theme scripture says, “Ye are the light of the world....” What is light? Light is that which reveals; it makes manifest and shows the way. Light gives direction. Being the light of the world means you’re to give direction and guidance to those in your world. You’re a city set on a hill that can’t be hidden. Light up your world. Live up to your calling. The Bible says, “Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee” (Isaiah 60:1).

It doesn’t matter in which city, street, town, village or country you find yourself; you’re the light! So shine that men may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven. Continue steadfastly in prayer and in soul winning, for the time is short. Keep frustrating and paralyzing the works of the adversary by preaching the Gospel and demonstrating the love of God to those in your world and in the regions beyond.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for the extraordinary attributes you’ve put in me. As the salt of the earth, I preserve the lives of men and women through prayer and the ministry of the Word; and as the light of the world, I show them the way, by leadership and example. I show the light of the glorious Gospel everywhere I go, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Isaiah 60:2-3
For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. 3 And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

Acts 26:16-18
But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; 17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, 18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

1 Year Bible Reading Plan :
Matthew 22:15-46, Exodus 22-23

2 Year Bible Reading Plan :
Acts 14:8-18, Job 34-35
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Acme77: 5:10am On Feb 02, 2016
Believe The Truth Always .

Tuesday, February 2nd .
Pastor Chris

Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth (John 17:17).

One of the easiest ways a Christian can yield to demonic influences is by believing and acting upon lies. For instance, you received the Holy Spirit by receiving the truth of the Gospel of Christ. You received Christ when you believed God's Word; He didn't come into you because you ate or swallowed anything; it happened through words. You believed and accepted the words of the Gospel, and Christ took up His abode in your heart. Similarly, demons take up their abode in people when such people accept and believe lies.

When Satan entices people with lies, he comes through those lies into their lives and continues influencing them. That's the reason when someone believes a lie, he starts behaving abnormally; be it at home, in church, among his friends or at work. And it all depends on the lie he may have believed and the particular spirit that's peddling that lie. When that spirit gets uncomfortable in such a person, he brings in other demons, and then that person's condition worsens.

The worst part is, someone who's been so deceived, even when presented with evidence of truth, still doesn't believe or accept the truth. That's an evidence of its demonic nature. Then others would wonder at his behaviour, and the reason he's become so twisted. It's because an evil spirit has taken over his mind.

But as you learn, and live by the Word, you're able to take your stand against satanic influences and manipulations. You're able to judge everything with the truth of God's Word. Don't accept lies. Believe only in the truth. But how can you identify truth?

Truth blesses and uplifts. Truth makes you grow, fills you with love, and makes you walk and talk like Christ! Truth promotes you and promotes those who are with you; it doesn't bring confusion, and it carries no hate or bitterness with it. Truth is light. Glory to God!

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for the revelation of your Word to my spirit today. I'm blessed, uplifted and promoted by your Word, which is the truth that I live by, today and always, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study: || John 8:31-32 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. ||

|| John 8:44-46 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. 46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? ||

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 23,
Exodus 24-25

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 14:19-28,
Job 36-37
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:05am On Feb 02, 2016
Believe The Truth Always - Tuesday, February 2nd .

Pastor Chris

Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth (John 17:17).

One of the easiest ways a Christian can yield to demonic influences is by believing and acting upon lies. For instance, you received the Holy Spirit by receiving the truth of the Gospel of Christ. You received Christ when you believed God's Word; He didn't come into you because you ate or swallowed anything; it happened through words. You believed and accepted the words of the Gospel, and Christ took up His abode in your heart. Similarly, demons take up their abode in people when such people accept and believe lies.

When Satan entices people with lies, he comes through those lies into their lives and continues influencing them. That's the reason when someone believes a lie, he starts behaving abnormally; be it at home, in church, among his friends or at work. And it all depends on the lie he may have believed and the particular spirit that's peddling that lie. When that spirit gets uncomfortable in such a person, he brings in other demons, and then that person's condition worsens.

The worst part is, someone who's been so deceived, even when presented with evidence of truth, still doesn't believe or accept the truth. That's an evidence of its demonic nature. Then others would wonder at his behaviour, and the reason he's become so twisted. It's because an evil spirit has taken over his mind.

But as you learn, and live by the Word, you're able to take your stand against satanic influences and manipulations. You're able to judge everything with the truth of God's Word. Don't accept lies. Believe only in the truth. But how can you identify truth?

Truth blesses and uplifts. Truth makes you grow, fills you with love, and makes you walk and talk like Christ! Truth promotes you and promotes those who are with you; it doesn't bring confusion, and it carries no hate or bitterness with it. Truth is light. Glory to God!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the revelation of your Word to my spirit today. I'm blessed, uplifted and promoted by your Word, which is the truth that I live by, today and always, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 8:31-32
Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

John 8:44-46
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. 46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 23, Exodus 24-25

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 14:19-28, Job 36-37
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:06am On Feb 03, 2016
Esteem Your Leaders - Wednesday, February 3rd .

Pastor Chris

And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you; And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves (1 Thessalonians 5:12-13).

If you've never been a leader or occupied a leadership position, you may never fully comprehend some of the peculiar challenges of leadership. If you ever want to get to the top or remain at the top, then you must learn to think from the perspective of a leader. The challenges of leadership are very peculiar to leaders. And until you're one, you don't know what they're like.

The challenges and responsibilities of leadership are enormous! That's why we pray for leaders. Whether they're leaders in your church, place of work, or country, pray for them. The more you pray for them, the more understanding, tolerant, and appreciative you'll be of their work. Then God will find it fit to bring you to some position of leadership, because you're learning to understand.

There're some people who are quick to criticize leaders. Don't be that way. Don't always think that your leaders are taking the wrong steps just because you're not comfortable with their decision. If you want to be a leader, then never be angry with leaders. Don't be an angry and a malicious critic, because such people never contribute anything meaningful to the Church or society.

For your leaders, do what God says: pray for them; and secondly, esteem them very highly, in love, for their work's sake.

Prayer...
Dear Lord, I thank you today for ministers of the Gospel around
the world, who are at the forefront of your evangelical work; I ask that they'd be strengthened with miracle-working power in their spirits, and be guided by your wisdom, such that through their work and leadership, your kingdom is established around the world, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 13:1
Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

1 Timothy 5:17
Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.

Philippians 2:29
Receive him therefore in the Lord with all gladness; and hold such in reputation:

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 24:1-35, Exodus 26-27

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 15:1-11, Job 38-39
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:58am On Feb 04, 2016
He Needs Your Permission - Thursday, 4th February.

Pastor Chris

The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD’S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men (Psalm 115:16).

Some people wonder why we need to pray for God to intervene in certain matters. “Can’t God just save everybody in the world, since He wants them saved? Why do we have to pray for Him to do what He desires? Can’t He see the pains and sufferings that people are going through?” They ask in bewilderment. But you see, what such folks don’t understand is, God needs our permission. Yes, He does.

Now, here’s how it works: God gave the first Adam, a lease on this earth; God gave him authority over this earth; but the earth always belonged to God. The Bible says “The earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof...” (Psalm 24:1). However, He put it in the charge of Adam. And as long as that lease is on, God has no “right” to intervene in the earth. If you study the third chapter of the Book of Genesis, you’d know how Satan came into the picture; and how he took over from Adam.

Adam willingly sold out his right to the earth to Satan by committing treason against God. Thus, Satan’s authority over the earth isn’t an angelic authority; it’s human authority, which he got from Adam. So, it’s Adamic authority that Satan runs with, and as a result, God can’t intervene.

It’s like this: if you gave someone your landed property on lease for a hundred years, for example, within the period that the property is under his authority, you can’t encroach on it, even though it’s yours. You can only reclaim it when the lease runs out, which is after the hundred years tenure. Now, even though God sent a second Adam—Jesus Christ—to defeat Satan and set up a spiritual kingdom, the lease on man’s world is still running.

This is why we pray and act by faith to appropriate the blessings that God has already given to us. He can’t just step in and put them in your hands. He needs your permission, your invitation, to intervene on your behalf, because this is man’s world. So, every time you pray, understand how important it is, because you’re making it “legally” possible for God to intervene in some ways that He wouldn’t have, had you not prayed.

Prayer...
Dear Lord, thank you for the privilege of prayer, which avails me the opportunity to effect changes in the realm of the spirit. I depend completely on you, trusting your power and miraculous intervention in different situations and circumstances for which I pray, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Psalm 107:6
Then they cried unto the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them out of their distresses.

2 Chronicles 14:11-12
And Asa cried unto the LORD his God, and said, LORD, it is nothing with thee to help, whether with many, or with them that have no power: help us, O LORD our God; for we rest on thee, and in thy name we go against this multitude. O LORD, thou art our God; let not man prevail against thee.12 So the LORD smote the Ethiopians before Asa, and before Judah; and the Ethiopians fled.

1 Year Bible Reading Plan :
Matthew 24:36-51, Exodus 28

2 Year Bible Reading Plan :
Acts 15:12-21, Job 40-41
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:18am On Feb 05, 2016
Appreciate The Success Of Others - Friday, February 5th.

Pastor Chris

Always be humble and gentle. Patiently put up with each other and love each other (Ephesians 4:2 CEV).

Truly prosperous and successful people are often very humble; humble enough to believe that the Lord can use others as much as He can use them. This is unlike some other folks who believe God can only accomplish any major thing in their family, workplace, nation, or church through them. If whatever God is doing or going to do isnt through them, theyre not going to accept it. Thats selfishness. No one can walk with the Spirit of God with such an attitude.

If your desire is to sincerely glorify the Lord and see His righteousness enthroned and exalted in the hearts of men, and in the nations of the world, then it doesnt matter who He uses to accomplish it. The most important thing is that through His Church, His mandate, purpose, and desire for the nations and peoples of the world are being fulfilled.

Learn to bless the Lord and praise Him when He does something good for, or through, someone else. When someone else is esteemed above you, it shouldnt hurt you in any way; be happy for that person, because its for the glory of God. He promotes each one of us, blesses and works in our lives in accordance with His dream and destiny for us. Never feel that no one else deserves to be ahead of you. The Bible says, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts (Zechariah 4:6).

That someone else is succeeding doesnt mean youre failing. Be appreciative of the success of others and praise the Lord on their behalf. When God sees that humility in your life, Hell lift you; Hell promote you. He exalts the humble; but He abases the proud. He never wants us to be proud. No matter what God does through us, He wants us to remain humble. We should be proud of Him, and what Hes made us. We should be proud of His glory in our lives; but we should never exalt ourselves above someone else.

Let the humility of Christ reflect in your character and in all that you do. Be that man, or that woman who genuinely appreciates and celebrates the successes and victories of others.

Confession...
By humility and the fear of the Lord are riches, and honour, and life. Therefore, I put on bowels of mercy, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering, seeing people in the same perspective that the Lord sees them, without disdain or hatred for anyone. Glory to God!
Further Study:

Philippians 2:3
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory;  but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

1 Peter 5:6
Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

2 Chronicles 12:12
And when he humbled himself, the wrath of the LORD turned from him, that he would not destroy him altogether:  and also in Judah things went well

Daily Scripture Reading:

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 25:1-30; Exodus 29-30

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 15:22-31; Job 42
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:15am On Feb 06, 2016
Live The True Christian Life - Saturday, February 6th .

Pastor Chris

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16).

There are believers whose behaviours and lifestyles are unbecoming of Christians. Their uncommendable behaviour is manifested in the way they treat other people. It could be those that work for them, or with them, or it could even be those who are senior to them; their character and behaviour are such that aren't worthy of emulation.

Your behaviour must be exemplary. Please the Lord in your dealings, and not yourself. If your manner of life is inconsistent with the Word, you can't experience the anointing of God's Spirit in your life as you should! Your life won't glorify God! It'll be like "sowing among thorns." The thorns will choke the crop.

How clean is your mind? How clean are your thoughts? How clean are your desires? It's important that you renew your mind with the Word, and be sure that your affections, choices, thoughts and desires are in line with the Word. Be a true Christian, in heart and in action.

The Word of God has been given to us to check our actions, motives, thoughts, and desires. The Scriptures have been given to us to build, train, instruct, and correct us in the life of righteousness.

Let God's Word guide you. As you give yourself wholly to the Word, it'll transform your life and help you form the right character and mind-set. It'll get rid of all the wrong stuff and cleanse you from all unrighteousness. Jesus said, "Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you" (John 15:3). The Word of God will purify and sanctify you.

Even now, the Word is carrying out His ministry in you, cleansing you and taking you to another level of glory. Make up your mind to live the Word and express the righteousness of God. Discontinue anything in your life that's inconsistent with God's Word. Live the true Christian life.

PRAYER

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your eternal mercies and love. You've called me to show forth your praises and express your righteousness in the earth. Therefore, I yield myself to your Word, living out the divine life that you've given me, to your praise and glory, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Thessalonians 4:7
For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.

1 Peter 1:14-16
As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: 15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; 16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 25:31-46, Exodus 31

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 15:32-41, Psalm 1-2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:00am On Feb 07, 2016
Maintain Your Focus; Don't Give Up - Sunday, February 7th.

Pastor Chris

Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong (1 Corinthians 16:13).

God wants you to be steadfast in your walk of faith, because in due season, that is, at the right time, youll reap a harvest, if you dont give up. As a child of God, therere unique abilities that God has placed within you. You might be at a stage in your life where youre not sure whether you should continue doing the things the Lord has committed to you, due to challenges, persecution, tests and trials. But let me tell you this: maintain your focus. Dont give up.

The Bible says if you faint in the day of adversity, if you give up, because of the troubles and challenges youre facing, then your strength is small. But your strength isnt small, because the Lord Himself is your strength. To give up in the day of trouble means you trusted in yourself. 2 Corinthians 3:5 says, Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God. Trust Him to see you through; Hes your ability.

No wonder, the Spirit of God, through the Apostle Paul, prays that you be strengthened with might (miracle-working ability) by the Spirit in your inner man. How do you strengthen your inner man? Its through the Word of God and praying in the Holy Ghost. When you spend time studying and meditating on the Word, in addition to speaking in tongues regularly, your spirit is energized with miracle-working ability. Suddenly, the whole world becomes small to you, and you see that, really, nothing is impossible to you.

When youre strengthened with divine enablement in your inner man, you become too persuaded to be dissuaded. Youre like Abraham who, being fully persuaded, staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strong in faith, giving glory to God.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for the inspiration and assurance that comes from your Word. Your grace is sufficient for me in all things, and Im fully persuaded that my sufficiency is of you. Thank you for setting me on the course of eternal success; I triumph gloriously today and always, by the Spirit, in Jesus Name. Amen.

Further Study:

1 Corinthians 15:58
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Hebrews 10:23
Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promisedwink

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 26:1-30; Exodus 32-33

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 16:1-10; Psalm 3-4

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:21am On Feb 08, 2016
You're Responsible For Your Life-Monday, February 8th .

Pastor Chris

I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live (Deuteronomy 30:18).

Sometimes, people wonder, "If God's Word says I'm a success, why are things not working out for me?" What they haven't realised is that even though God wants you to be prosperous, successful, excellent, and sound, you have to line up with the Word, and decide to be all He wants you to be. It's a personal choice that you must make.

Anyone can do anything for you, including praying for you, sharing the Word with you; but no one can make decisions for you. You've got to make your own decisions. God's role is to guide you through the Word, and the Holy Spirit, so you can make the right decisions. Many people have troubles in their lives because of bad decisions. Your life today has turned out to be the way it is because of the choices you've made. In the same vein, your tomorrow is dependent on the choices and decisions you make today.

God has given you the right to either choose life and blessings or death and curses. He didn't pre-destine anyone for failure; rather, He wants you to prosper and be in health (3 John 1:2); He's ordained a great life for you. Therefore, decide that you're going to fulfil the dream He has for you and be who He's destined you to be. It's your responsibility; no one can do it for you. How you live your life, how you make your decisions, is entirely your responsibility.

You can choose to be a success! You can choose to do excellently well in life. It's a choice that you have to make. You might ask, "Is it that simple?" Yes! And I admonish you to make that choice today if you haven't done so already. Don't allow circumstances determine what you'll be in life. Make the decision to live the glorious life that God has planned for you.

Confession...
The Word of God is in my heart and in my mouth, producing results and bringing about a transformation in my life, and turning circumstances around in my favour. My life is for the glory of God, and I'm making progress from glory to glory, because Christ lives in me. I'm prosperous, and I walk in divine health! I'm prevailing with, and by, the Word! Glory to God!

Further Study:
3 John 1:2
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

Isaiah 30:21
And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 26:31-56,
Exodus 34-35

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 16:11-18, Psalm 5-6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:14am On Feb 09, 2016
Activate His Blessings In Your Life - Tuesday, February 9th

Pastor Chris

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, WHO HATH BLESSED US WITH ALL SPIRITUAL BLESSINGS in heavenly places in Christ (Ephesians 1:3).

Often times, people say, "I'm waiting on the Lord to do such-and-such for me." And by that they mean they're expecting Him to "do" something about their cases. If there's anything you're waiting for God to do for you, then I'll like to announce to you: God is waiting for you to do something and effect the change that you desire! Our opening verse doesn't say God is going to bless us; it says He's blessed us! This is an amazing reality, and the most beautiful part is, there're no conditions attached. You've been blessed already.

There're two things to understand from that verse: the first one is that the spiritual controls the physical; meaning, if He's blessed you with all spiritual blessings, then you're blessed with all earthly blessings! The lesser is included in the greater. The second thing is, as far as God is concerned, everything you'll ever require to have a glorious and exceptional life has been granted you.

Sadly, many aren't enjoying it. There're blessings untold that belong to us in Christ Jesus; but many are ignorant of this reality. God isn't holding anything back from you; He's already done everything. What you're supposed to do is act on His Word, and make what He's already done real in your life.

2 Kings 7:1 tells us something very instructive. Elisha, alongside the children of Israel and their king, had been waiting on God to do something, and change the economy of Israel. But nothing happened, until Elisha gave the Word: "Then Elisha said, Hear ye the word of the LORD; Thus saith the LORD, To morrow about this time shall a measure of fine flour be sold for a shekel, and two measures of barley for a shekel, in the gate of Samaria." When he made the declaration, the economy of the nation changed within twenty-four hours, just as he had said!

Take charge of your life, with the Word of God in your heart and in your mouth! Believe, speak, and act on the Word. That's how to activate God's blessings in your life.

Confession...
I'm the seed of Abraham, born to reign and rule the world! I'm walking in abundance, because all things are mine! My life is the testimony of God's grace, glory, and greatness. Not only am I blessed, I'm the dispenser of God's blessings and goodness. Halleluiah!

Further Study:
1 Corinthians 3:21
Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are your's;

2 Peter 1:3
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Matthew 26:57-75, Exodus 36-37

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Acts 16:19-28, Psalm 7-8
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:01am On Feb 10, 2016
Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional.

Trust Him With Your Life - Wednesday, February 10th

Pastor Chris

He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD'S, and he hath set the world upon them (1 Samuel 2:cool.

There's no disadvantage for the child of God. Believe it. It makes no difference how you were born, who your parents are, your environment, or historical background; being born again, your life is ordained by God to go only in the direction of success. You may have been born into an extremely poor family; it doesn't mean anything! You're the seed of Abraham. Therefore, your wealth has nothing to do with your biological parents or family tree.

There's no rule or law that states that those that were born in the palace will do better in life than those born in a derelict hamlet in some poor countryside. Actually, the worse the circumstances of your birth, the greater the potentials of your testimony! So, never have a reason to be ashamed of the circumstances of your birth, family background, or of where you live. Rather, make up your mind you're going to be very successful, and be the answer to the cry of others. Be the one to change the status quo.

If you're a young person from a poor home, don't be ashamed of your parents or the home from where you came! Stay there, and walk your way upwards! Just because your neighbour's house is finer than yours, doesn't mean you should covet their homes such that when you're asked, "Where's your house?" You point to your neighbour's instead of your parent's house. Be glad about where you're from. Thank God for it! That's where God located you; it's part of your glory.

Remember, God is the One who raises the poor out of the dust, and lifts up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory. Trust Him to make your life glorious. Trust Him to empower you to be a blesser and lifter of others. There's no limitation for you, if you'd only trust the Lord with your life.

Prayer...
Blessed Lord, I'm so grateful to you, for your loving-kindness! You've set my feet upon a rock, making my footsteps firm. Before I was born, you knew me, and predestined me for the life of greatness. By your Word, and by your Spirit, I'm making progress with giant strides, bearing fruits unto righteousness, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Psalm 113:5-9
Who is like unto the Lord our God, who dwelleth on high, 6 Who humbleth himself to behold the things that are in heaven, and in the earth! 7 He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth the needy out of the dunghill; 8 That he may set him with princes, even with the princes of his people. 9 He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the Lord.

Psalm 40:1-4
I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. 2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. 3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord. 4 Blessed is that man that maketh the Lord his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 27:1-26,
Exodus 38-39

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 16:29-40, Psalm 9-10
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:32am On Feb 11, 2016
The Power Works For Those Who Believe - Thursday, February 11th.

Pastor Chris

Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth (Mark 9:23).

Gods power is available always, to save, bless, heal, and transform lives; but it only works for those who believe. Romans 1:16 emphasizes this; it says, For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth . Now, this will clarify some of the assumptions and erroneous beliefs that some people have. For example, therere those who say, Every sick person for whom Jesus prayed, got healed. But the Bible doesnt say so.

In some places, the Bible says, And he healed many... (Mark 1:34). In some other places, it says He healed all that were sick (Matthew 8:16). So, when God says many, and when He says all, we should know the difference. But then, I want to show you at least one place where healing miracles were hard for Jesus: His hometown of Nazareth.

The Bible lets us know that because of His demeanour, the people murmured, Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him (Mark 6:3). They had been so familiar with Him that they disdained Him. They were offended that He was acting differently. Consequently, the Bible says He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them (Mark 6:5 NIV).

Now, if the Bible says Jesus could not do any miracles, it means that He tried; He attempted to, but it didnt work. He couldnt do any mighty work, like the blind receiving sight, the deaf hearing, the lame walking. He couldnt perform such miracles in Nazareth, because the people didnt believe. The Bible says He marvelled because of their unbelief. Their unbelief short-circuited the power of God.

If you study in the Book of John, several times when Jesus ministered to people, Hed say, Only believe, because if you dont believe, you cant experience the power of God. If you dont believe, He cant save you. The power works for those that believe. Theres no impossibility for you, if youd only believe: Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth (Mark 9:23).

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word, which imparts faith to my spirit. My faith is strong and unwavering. I know who I am, and I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Halleluiah!

Further Study :
1 John 5:5 5 
Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Mark 11:23-24 23 
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea;  and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass;  he shall have whatsoever he saith.  24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 27:27-44; Exodus 40

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 17:1-9; Psalm 11-13
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:08am On Feb 12, 2016
It'll Surely Pass - Friday, February 12th.

Pastor Chris

For our light, momentary affliction (this slight distress of the passing hour) is ever more and more abundantly preparing and producing and achieving for us an everlasting weight of glory [beyond all measure, excessively surpassing all comparisons and all calculations, a vast and transcendent glory and blessedness never to cease!] (2 Corinthians 4:17 AMP).

In our lives as Christians, hard times may come; the crises of life can come to you in trials, temptations, and persecution. But at such times, hold on; dont give up, because it only came to pass.

Recall Jesus statement to His captors at His arrest; He said, I was with you in the Temple every day, and you did not try to arrest me. But this is your hour to act, when the power of darkness rules (Luke 22:53 GNB). It was for a moment. When it was over, the glorified Son of God was manifested. Halleluiah! So, you may go through difficulties and times of darkness, but the Bible says count it all joy when you go through diverse tests, knowing that the trial of your faith works patience (James 1:2); itll turn out for your good.

It may be that youve been giving to the Lord, sowing your seeds, and paying your tithes, and suddenly, you lose your job. If that happens, dont panic. Dont say, O God, why is this happening to me? Someone may even say to you, If youre truly a Christian, this should never happen to you; thats not true. Some things can happen to you even though youre a Christian, but it doesnt change who you are; youre still a victor!

The circumstances of your life dont, and shouldnt describe or dictate the quality of your personality. Jesus said, In your patience possess ye your souls (Luke 21:19). Remain confident in Gods Word, no matter whats happening to you, or around you. They may put you in the dungeon; it makes no difference! You may be despised and ostracized; it makes no difference. The greater One lives in you, and thats what counts.

That trouble is for a moment! The adversity is for a moment; it came, to pass! Whatever pressures youre facing right now are all light afflictions; theyll produce for you a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory as you keep your focus on the Word.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for the comfort of your Word. I declare that all things work together for my good always, and Im triumphant today by the Word, in Jesus Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Isaiah 43:2
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee;  and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee:  when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned;  neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace.   In the world ye shall have tribulation:  but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

2 Peter 1:19 NLT
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 27:45-66; Leviticus 1-3

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 17:10-21; Psalm 14-16

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:10am On Feb 13, 2016
Be Influenced by the Word - Saturday, February 13th

Pastor Chris

And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 3:15).

Day after day, we hear and see things that influence our lives; events that seek to control our joy, happiness, and decisions. But it’s God’s desire that we study and meditate on the Scriptures, be influenced by His Word, and not circumstances. God’s Word is able to make you wise, and deliver to you your inheritance in Christ. Never take your mind away from the Word of God, because your glory is in the Word.

The Bible says, “But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord” (2 Corinthians 3:18). If you keep looking at the glory of God in His Word, you’ll be transformed to become what you see. Paul said to Timothy, “Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all” (1 Timothy 4:15).

God’s Word is an album that contains God’s pictures of you, and as you flip through the pages in study and meditation, you keep seeing your glorious reflections, and they keep getting better, because your life is from glory to glory. So, let the Word influence you. Feed your spirit and mind with the Word. Adjust and renew your thinking with the Word.

When your mind is renewed with the Word, God’s thoughts, opinions and ideas will dominate your mind. Then your mindset will be one of success, victory, health, prosperity, and greatness. Halleluiah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I’m totally yielded to your Word, which is able to make me wise and also deliver to me my inheritance in Christ. At all times, my heart is open to the influence of the infallible principles of success, victory, health, prosperity, and greatness revealed in your Word! Thus, my way is prosperous, and I’m triumphant always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments. 11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things arehonest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there beany praise, think on these things.

Psalm 1:1-3
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

1 Year Bible Reading Plan :Matthew 28, Leviticus 4-5

2 Year Bible Reading Plan N:Acts 17:22-34, Psalm 17-18
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:19am On Feb 14, 2016
Influence Your World With The Christ-life - Sunday, February 14th.

Pastor Chris

You yourselves are our letter of recommendation, written on your hearts, to be known and read by all men; and you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts (2 Corinthians 3:2-3 RSV).

Many people have the wrong perception about Christianity. Some say its the worship of God. Others say its the belief in Jesus Christ; and some others say its going to church. Though Christians worship God, believe in Jesus Christ, and go to church, none of these really define Christianity.

Christianity is the out-working of the Christ-life in a human being. Its the manifestation of the righteousness of God in a human person. Its the daily walk of divinity in humanity; Gods daily walk in a man; thats Christianity! Christianity is the Word of God in manifestation; Christians live-out the Word of God.

Your life, as a Christian, is the expression of the Word of God; youre the epistle of Christ. Therefore, your lifestyle should reflect who you really are; youre a true witness, a living proof that Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, and is alive today. The Apostle Paul, in explaining this, said were living epistles (letters).

Your life is being read by all; therefore, your words, actions, and attitude should transmit, and transfer, the Christ-life to the people around you. Influence your world with the grace and glory of Gods Kingdom. Impact those in your world with the Christ-life! Thats your calling; thats your purpose; thats your life!

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for making me an expression of divinity and a manifestation of your Word. As I walk the paths of this earth, I have the consciousness that my life is the expression of the righteousness of God! As Jesus is, so am I in this world. Im your outstretched arm to the world, in Jesus Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Ephesians 5:1-2
Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;  2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet smelling savour.

Colossians 1:26-27 
Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:  27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles;  which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

1 John 3:10
In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil:  whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 1:1-20; Leviticus 6-7

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 18:1-11; Psalm 19-20
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:04am On Feb 15, 2016
You Have His Righteousness - Monday, February 15th .

Pastor Chris

For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ (Romans 5:17).

John 1:17 says, "For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ." Jesus Christ didn't come with the law; He came with grace, and brought us righteousness as a gift. Righteousness is the expression of the will and nature of the Father. He declared us righteous, because we're new creations in Him. 2 Corinthians 5:21 says, "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him."

Romans 4:25 lets us know that He (Jesus) "...was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification." Thus, He's our acquitter. When you heard the Gospel and believed, declaring Jesus Christ to be the Lord of your life, you became the recipient of His grace and righteousness. You weren't justified before God because of your own righteousness; no! You stand in Christ's righteousness; it's the result of what Jesus did.

Jesus came, not only to reveal, demonstrate, and manifest the righteousness of God (the will and nature of the Father), but also to make us the righteousness of God. He's given you that nature, ability, authority, and ministry, to carry on what He began both to do and teach.

He's endowed you with the gift and ability to reveal and manifest the will, purpose and character of your heavenly Father. What a life! No wonder He calls you an associate of the God-kind: "Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust" (2 Peter 1:4). Meditate on this truth; think on what it means and live accordingly.

Prayer...
Blessed Lord Jesus, thank you for revealing to me the nature of the Father, and making me the expression and manifestation of the Father's glory, nature, love, beauty, and grace! Your will and good pleasures are expressed through me today, and forever! Blessed be God!

Further Study:
2 Corinthians 13:14
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

2 Corinthians 8:9
For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 1:21-45, Leviticus 8

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 18:12-23, Psalm 21-22

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:44am On Feb 16, 2016
Dispensers Of His Goodness - Tuesday, February 16th.

Pastor Chris

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [Gods] own purchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light (1 Peter 2:9 AMP).

Our opening verse says He's called you out of darkness into His marvellous light. This means that You've been called and sent by God to manifest and administer the will, purpose, and character of God to your world; you have become a dispenser of His goodness.

Sadly, some think they've been called out of darkness, and are journeying into the marvellous light; no! You've been brought out of darkness and translated, transferred into Gods marvellous light. In the mind of God, you're not trying to get there; you're there now!

Not only are you the recipient of Gods blessings, or of His righteousness, you've also become the dispenser of His goodness. This is your job; this is your ministry; this is your life. Its what Jesus did: He came to reveal, demonstrate, and to manifest the will and nature of the Father. Now, He's given you the nature, ability, and authority to do the same. He's endowed you with the gift; the ability to reveal and manifest the will and purpose and character of your heavenly Father.

Now that you're born again, you've become a vent for His expression; the expression of His glory, love, and grace. Become conscious of this truth, and you'll never walk in confusion or despondency! Rather, your life will be an unending stream of the supernatural as you live out God's purpose-dispensing His goodness to your world.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for your righteousness, which is revealed in me, and your glory that's in my spirit! I'm a dispenser of your love, kindness, goodness, and grace! Thank you for I've become the full expression of your character, will and purpose to my world, in Jesus Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Colossians 1:27-28
To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles;  which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:  28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom;  that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Romans 5:5
And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 2:1-22; Leviticus 9-10

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 18:24-19:1-7; Psalm 23-24
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:22am On Feb 17, 2016
Authority To Forgive Sins - Wednesday, February 17th .

Pastor Chris

Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained (John 20:23).

In Mark 2, the Bible tells us how a crowd gathered unto Jesus in a house, jamming the entrance that no one could get in or out. Four men, who weren't able to get in, because of the crowd, removed a part of the roof, and lowered their friend, a paralyzed man, on a stretcher down to Jesus, expecting a healing touch from the Master.

Jesus didn't touch him or even say anything about the man's sickness or his physical condition. However, He dealt with the man's spiritual condition first, because his physical condition was created by his spiritual condition. In the fifth verse, Jesus said to the paralytic, "Son, your sins are forgiven you."

Some religious scholars present became indignant, and murmured, "Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?" (Mark 2:7). You see, they knew that Jesus had power to heal, but they didn't know He also had power to forgive sins. So, He explained to them that He, the Son of man, had power on earth to forgive sins. Glory to God! And you know what? He's given us the same authority that He had to dispense good things. He said in John 20:23, "whose soever sins you remit, they're remitted, and whose soever sins you retain, they're retained."

Therefore, we can pronounce healing and other blessings on, and for others, in the Name of Jesus, the same way we pronounce forgiveness. He's sent us as bearers of His Gospel, to unveil the Father's heart of love and compassion to the nations of the world. What a blessing!

Prayer...
Thank you Father, for granting me the authority to heal the sick, raise the dead, forgive sins and turn men's hearts to righteousness. I function in the authority of Jesus, for as He is the effulgence of your glory, dispenser of your mercies, goodness and grace, so am I in this world! Amen

Further Study:
1 John 4:17
Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

Luke 9:1
Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.

Luke 10:19
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 2:23-3:1-12, Leviticus 11-12

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 19:8-20, Psalm 25-26
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by feeltee: 10:29am On Feb 17, 2016
Are you a God fearing keyboardist with excellent skills? Do you have the qualities a true praise/worshiper must possess? If yes, there shall be auditioning on February 25, 2016 at 75, Aina street, off Grammar School, Ojodu. Lagos.

Call or whatsapp Tayo on 08020752514 for more information.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:09am On Feb 18, 2016
Manifesting The Will And Nature Of God - Thursday, February 18th.

Pastor Chris

And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness (Ephesians 4:24).

The verse above is rendered beautifully in the Amplified version. It says, And put on the new nature (the regenerate self) created in Gods image, [Godlike] in true righteousness and holiness. The phrase, which after God means in the likeness of God. Youre created to be like God in righteousness and true holiness. And what is righteousness? Its the expression of the will and nature of the Father.

Therefore, when the Bible says to put on the new nature, which is created in righteousness, it means that you should walk in the light of who you are: give expression to the will and nature of the Father! The power to please Him always, everywhere, and in all thingsbearing testimony to His character, and nature by your life, actions, and wordsis in your spirit. Youre called to manifest and administer the will, purpose, and character of God. This is true righteousness.

Jesus was the revelation of the Fathers will and nature; thus, the expression of Gods righteousness. Likewise, our righteousness is our expression of the will and nature of the heavenly Father! Hebrews 1:3 tells us that Jesus was the express image of the Father. The word express means to show, to evince, to manifest, to articulate, and demonstrate. He was the perfect representative, and representation, of the Father. And the Bible says ...as He is, so are we in this world (1 John 4:17). This righteousness produces in us, right-standing with the Father, without fear, inferiority or condemnation.

We've been gifted with the ability and power to manifest, articulate, and demonstrate the will and nature of the Father everywhere, in every situation. This is our calling; this is what Hes sent us to do! This is our heritage. Glory to God!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for making me the effulgence of your glory, and one to manifest, articulate, and express your will and nature everywhere, in every situation. I walk in the reality of the life of righteousness, which I have in Christ, in Jesus Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Hebrews 1:3
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; ||

1 John 4:17
Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.||

1 Peter 2:9 AMP
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 3:13-35; Leviticus 13-14

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 19:21-29; Psalm 27-28
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:58am On Feb 19, 2016
Our Confessions Rule Us - Friday, February 19th .

Pastor Chris

For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith (Mark 11:23).

Proverbs 6:2 says, "Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth." This scripture underscores the precarious situation many have found themselves in today. They've been taken captive by their negative confessions; bound by their words.

However, if you've been taught right, you'll think right, and the result of that is, you'll talk right. Moreover, when you talk right, you'll act right. When you talk right and act right, your life will turn out right.

Our confessions rule us. When it comes to words, there's no such thing as "I didn't quite mean what I said." Jesus said you shall have what you say; so don't say it, if you didn't mean it.

Consciously speak in consonance with the Word always—over your life, finances, business, health, etc. Proverbs 18:20 says, "A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled." Here, the scripture isn't talking about the size of your lips, but the words of wisdom pouring out of your mouth.

Proverbs 18:21 tells us, "Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." This means you can speak life and reap a harvest of good things. Whatever you believe and voice out with your mouth is what's going to happen in your life. This is a law of the spirit, and it works, whether or not you believe it.

Confession...
I'm triumphant by the Word today, always, and forever. I'll never be discouraged nor subject to the crippling principles of this world, because I live in, and by, the Word. I reign victoriously over circumstances, by my faith-filled confessions, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 10:9-10
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Mark 11:22-23
And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. 23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 4:1-20, Leviticus 15

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 19:30-41, Psalm 29-30
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:22am On Feb 20, 2016
Committed To The Spread Of The Gospel - Saturday, February 20th .

Pastor Chris

For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel! For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me (1 Corinthians 9:16-17).

We have a divine commission to take the Gospel to the ends of the earth. Jesus said: "...Go ye into all the world, and preach the Gospel to every creature" (Mark 16:15). We must, therefore, realize that whatever persecution we endure on account of the Gospel is absolutely worth it.

2 Timothy 3:12 says, "Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution." You're to remain steadfast and immovable, irrespective of the persecutions you may encounter as you propagate the Gospel of our Lord Jesus. Make a commitment that because of you, God will not be limited; let there be no limits to how far you're willing to go, and do, for the Gospel.

Like Jeremiah, irrespective of circumstances, persecutions, tests and trials, keep proclaiming God's Word, because His Word is like fire, shut up in your bones (Jeremiah 20:9).

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only hope for the world today. It holds God's answers to all of the predicaments of humanity. Therefore, commit your time and resources to ensuring that the Gospel reaches every nation of the world. Make it your personal responsibility and dream. Make up for the lack of others. The Apostle Paul understood this and considered no sacrifice too great for the Gospel. He said, "...woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!" (1 Corinthians 9:16). This should be your thinking about the Gospel; it deserves your absolute commitment.

Confession...
I'm committed, more than ever, to world evangelism, because I'm convinced that the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation to everyone who believes. I take my place in the ministry of the Gospel, fully committed to its spread around the world, fulfilling God's plan of bringing many to righteousness, in the Name of the Lord Jesus. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Corinthians 9:16-18
For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel! 17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me. 18 What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.

Romans 1:14-16
I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise. 15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also. 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 4:21-41, Leviticus 16-18

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 20:1-12, Psalm 31-32
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:49am On Feb 21, 2016
Let Him Lift Your Vision - Sunday, February 21st .

Pastor Chris

...Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God (Hebrews 11:5).

Walking with the Holy Spirit is the secret to a life of absolute and unlimited success. When you walk with Him, He lifts your vision and enables you to see like God. You'll see what He sees that other men don't see. You'll find yourself living in a realm that the world doesn't think is real; the arena of the miraculous and supernatural.

The Bible shows us something remarkable that happens when you walk with the Spirit: you're translated! Your vision is elevated. The Bible says, "...Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him..." (Hebrews 11:5). Like Enoch, you can walk with the Spirit of God and experience His translational power that you won't "see" death, which isn't just the cessation of biological life, but also sickness, defeat, destruction, failure, stagnation and retrogression. Rather, you'll only see and experience life, peace, prosperity, goodness, grace, victories and success.

Give yourself to the Holy Spirit; let Him lift your vision. Let Him transport you beyond this earth-realm into the realm of God's Spirit. There, your eyes are opened to see the realities of God's Kingdom, where anything and everything is possible. You gain the advantage as you see with the eyes of the Spirit, things that aren't visible to others.

Life is more about the victory within; it's about that which you can see, relate to, and apprehend with your spirit. It's about seeing for realities. This is why in your walk with the Holy Spirit, ensure you speak in tongues passionately, and regularly too. It'll condition your spirit to hear God and see at His level; it'll catapult your life to higher realms of His glory.

Confession...
I walk closely with the Spirit of God and I'm transported by Him in the glorious and higher realms of life, far removed from death, defeat, destruction, sickness, poverty, and failure. My eyes of understanding are enlightened; I see the invisible and I'm empowered to do the impossible. Halleluiah!

Further Study:
2 Corinthians 13:14
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

1 Corinthians 14:4
He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 5:1-20, Leviticus 19-21

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 20:13-24, Psalm 33-34
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:08am On Feb 22, 2016
The Knowledge Of His Will -
Monday February 22

For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding (Colossians 1:9).

The word translated " knowledge " above is the Greek "Epignosis" ; a special kind of knowledge. It actually means precise, accurate, and absolute knowledge that can only come by revelation; it's the kind of knowledge that comes from God's Spirit.

Not many have the knowledge of God's will for their lives. Not many function with wisdom and spiritual understanding. They're hoping that they're functioning in God's will; hoping that things will turn out right, but the Spirit's desire is that you be filled with the knowledge of God's will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding. This will stand you out, and make you a wonder to your world, because you won't think or reason like the natural man.

Consider Jesus: a man was brought to Him, who was born deaf and dump. When Jesus saw him, He didn't respond like others would have responded, on the basis of their limited, earthly understanding. He didn't say, "You know, he was born that way; there's nothing anyone can do for him" ; no! He had a different understanding; He had spiritual insight. He knew what led to the problem, and how to fix it.

The Bible says "...he took him aside from the multitude, and put his fingers into his ears, and he spit, and touched his tongue; And looking up to heaven, he sighed, and saith unto him, Ephphatha, that is, Be opened. And straightway his ears were opened, and the string of his tongue was loosed, and he spake plain" (Mark 7:33-35). You couldn't find that in the hospital, the laboratory, or through science. This was spiritual understanding expressed. Jesus knew that life, human life, is spiritual.

This is how God expects us to live. Your thought pattern, perception of everything and of every situation should be from God's standpoint, not man's. He wants you to have spiritual insight; knowing what to do at all times; knowing His will and functioning accordingly at all times. This happens through meditation on the Word, and fellowship with the Holy Spirit.

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, as I meditate on the Word today, the eyes of my understanding are enlightened to know your will and purpose, and walk accordingly. Grace and peace are multiplied to me today, through the knowledge of your Word, in the Name of the Lord Jesus. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Ephesians 1:17; 2 Corinthians 3:18; Philemon 1:6

1- Year Bible Reading Plan
Mark 5:21-43 Leviticus 22-23

2- Year Bible Reading Plan
Acts 20:25-38 Psalm 35-36
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:21am On Feb 23, 2016
Use God's Mirror - Wednesday, February 23

Pastor Chris

For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed (James 1:23-25).

Israel, in the Old Testament, was called to obey the law. But as Christians, we’re called to do the Word, we practise the Word. It’s called the “mirror principle.” The Word of God is a mirror, and anyone who hears the Word and doesn’t do it, (notice He didn’t say “and doesn’t obey it”), it’s like a man who sees himself in a mirror and when he turns away, forgets who he is. Which means the one who does the Word is the one who looks at himself in the mirror and remembers his identity.

God’s Word says, “You’re the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus”; your response, therefore, should be, “Yes, that’s who I am! I’m the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.” That’s what God’s mirror shows you to be. When you turn from that mirror, keep the picture in your mind, and keep saying what the Word says. The necessary result is that you will live as the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.

The same principle applies to your health; the doctor may have looked into your body, and seen a mass, diagnosing it to be cancerous. They turned on the wrong light. They’re seeing the wrong reflection, because they’re using the wrong mirror. The Word of God is the mirror of God, and it’s also the true light. It reveals the truth of who you are, what you have, and all that you can do in Christ.

Therefore, refuse to use the wrong light to assess your body or situation. Use the Word; the mirror of God. That mirror shows that you’re perfected in Christ, and that you’re the glory of God. The mirror shows that you can do all things through Christ, and no weapon fashioned against you shall prosper. The mirror shows that you’re eternally triumphant, and can never be disadvantaged.

Examine your life, and your situation with God’s Word only; accept only the image and reflection of you that God’s mirror shows you.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I live in, and by, the truth of your Word; thereby, setting myself up for an eternal journey of glory, success, victory, and prosperity. Your Word produces in me the fruit of what it talks about; causing the circumstances of my life to align with your will, purpose and destiny for me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

James 1:25
But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Hebrews 4:12 AMP
For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power [making it active, operative, energizing, and effective]; it is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life (soul) and [the immortal] spirit, and of joints and marrow [of the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and sifting and analyzing and judging the very thoughts and purposes of the heart.

1 Year Bible Reading Plan:Mark 6:1-29, Leviticus 24

2 Year Bible Reading Plan:Acts 21:1-9, Psalm 37
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:07am On Feb 24, 2016
Fruitful And Increasing In The Knowledge Of God  - Wednesday , February 24th.

Pastor Chris

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God (Colossians 1:10).

Gods will is that youre fruitful in every good work, and while at it, increasing in the knowledge of God. For some Christians, the more they make progress in their job, business, or career, the less time they devote to spiritual things. Their knowledge of God begins to wane, because theyre suddenly too busy to go to Church or study Gods Word. That should never be your story. 

Our opening verse says, That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God (Colossians 1:10). God wants you to be fruitful in your job, in your academics, and in every good work. Dont be amongst those who only go to Church when they face challenges; then the moment they receive a miracle and things change, they forget the One who made it possible.

Your commitment to God, His Word, and the Church must be first, and absolute. The lesser is included in the greater; as you commit yourself to the Lord, and His Word, taking your Church attendance and other spiritual activities seriously, youll certainly be fruitful and productive in other areas of your life. 3 John 1:2 says, Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

To prosper means to be fruitful and productive. Here, He deals with both your natural and spiritual wellbeing. As you prosper in your finances, in your health, in your relationships, family, etc., He also wants you to prosper in your knowledge of God. He wants your revelation of Him to keep increasing. Thats how His grace and peace are multiplied in your life: Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord (2 Peter 1:2).

Keep increasing in the knowledge of God by meditating on the Word. The result is that youll be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, always in blossom, and prospering in everything you do (Psalm 1:3). What a life!

Prayer...
Dear Father, your Word is food to my spirit, and by it, I prosper in all things and at all times, bearing fruits unto righteousness. Im like a tree planted by the rivers of water, always in blossom, and making progress with giant strides, in Jesus Name. Amen.

Further Study
Ephesians 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them 

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:||

Hebrews 13:20-21
Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 6:30-56; Leviticus 25

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 21:10-17; Psalm 38-39
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:11am On Feb 26, 2016
He Qualified Us - Friday, February 26

Pastor Chris

Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light (Colossians 1:12).

Our opening scripture tells us that God has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. By your own ability, you couldn't qualify; by your parent's ability you couldn't qualify; by your earthly nationality, you couldn't qualify; by your words and actions, you couldn't qualify. He qualified you in Christ Jesus; He made you fit to be an associate of the God-kind. He qualified you to be an heir of God, and a joint-heir with Christ.

This means you shouldn't have the poverty mentality; you should have no sense of need or lack, because your Father owns everything. Take for instance, little kids who know their parents have and will give them anything; they rarely ask for anything from other kids. They wouldn't steal or covet something that belongs to other kids, because they know they can get whatever they want from their parents.

However, the child whose parents never give anything is the one that's more likely to steal or covet a toy that belongs to another child.
You belong to the One who made and owns all things, and He's made you heir of all things. The Bible says, "According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue" (2 Peter 1:3). Ephesians 1:11 tells us that in Christ, you "...have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will." These are no promises, but present-hour realities. Therefore, celebrate your inheritance in Christ.

You celebrate your inheritance by giving thanks to God for the things He's done for you through Christ Jesus. Celebrate your salvation, divine health, prosperity, peace, and righteousness; celebrate God's blessings in your life. You didn't do anything to qualify for His blessings; He qualified you. Ephesians 2:9 says, "Not of works, lest any man should boast."

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for qualifying me to be a partaker of the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. I have no consciousness of need, because you've granted me all that pertain to life and godliness. By faith, and with joy, I draw from the wells of salvation, having all sufficiency in all things, and abounding in every good work, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 8:15-17
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Peter 1:3-4
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: 4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 7:24-8:1-13, Numbers 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 21:27-39, Psalm 42-43
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 4:57am On Feb 27, 2016
Build Your Spirit by Speaking in Tongues - Saturday, February 27

Pastor Chris

He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself... (1 Corinthians 14:4).

For you to experience appreciable spiritual growth, you must speak in tongues often. Praying in tongues is an effective means of spiritual communication with the Lord; it transcends the natural mind or intellect (1 Corinthians 14:14). You’re stirred when you speak in tongues, the anointing wells up like currents from your spirit.

According to our opening verse, you edify yourself when you speak in tongues. “Edify” derives from the Greek word “oikodomeo,” which means to construct or build up, much in the same sense as building or constructing an edifice. The idea given to us by the Spirit of God is that when we speak in other tongues, we build up ourselves, like an edifice, brick by brick, as you would a physical structure (Jude 1:20).

In Acts 20:32, Paul said to the brethren at Ephesus “And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up....” Connecting this with our text lets us know that speaking in tongues works in conjunction with the Word to build your spirit. If you want to grow stronger spiritually, not only should you study and listen to God’s Word, you should also speak in tongues frequently.

The Bible says, “But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost” (Jude 1:20). Speaking in other tongues is therefore a necessary requirement for your spiritual growth and upliftment. If you’re born again and have received the Holy Spirit, you can and should speak in tongues frequently. You don’t need to wait for special prayer times; wherever you are, speak in tongues. It will condition and programme your spirit for the life of success and dominion.

Prayer...
Dear Father, my life is transformed, and my spirit is conditioned for success, dominion and victory as I speak in other tongues. I’m catapulted to higher realms of glory, strengthened with your miracle-working ability in my spirit, in the Name of the Lord Jesus. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
1 Corinthians 14:2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

1 Corinthians 14:4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:Mark 8:14-26, Numbers 3-4

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:Acts 21:40-22:1-10, Psalm 44-45

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:50am On Feb 28, 2016
He Brought Us Out, To Himself - Sunday, February 28th .

Pastor Chris

Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son (Colossians 1:12-13).

The word translated "delivered" above is the Greek "rhuomai," which means to pluck and bring to yourself. You know, you can pluck something and let it fall; or place it somewhere. However, it's different when you pluck it and take it to yourself. It means to rush something out of where it is, and pull it to yourself.

That's what God did with us. He didn't just "pluck" us out of the domain of darkness, He brought us out to Himself! He rushed you out of the power, the dominion, the control, the jurisdiction, the authority of darkness, and pulled you to Himself; to absolute safety.

You've been delivered from the control of darkness. Darkness represents evil, evil powers and all their works. It represents all that's destructive, everything that makes a lie, that works against the purposes of God, that's negative to you, including Satan's dominion. You've been plucked out of all such influences, and brought unto God.

You're not under Satan's jurisdiction; he has no authority over you; he can't decide what happens to you. You don't function under his jurisdiction, because you've been plucked out of his domain. Is it sickness that's attacking your body? Is fear trying to take a hold of you? Is it fear of failure, fear of darkness, fear of the future, or any other kind of fear? These all belong to the domain of darkness, and you've been delivered from them all! Don't be afraid of financial failure; fear isn't allowed in the kingdom of Christ where you belong; it's out-lawed.

It doesn't matter what you're going through, in the mind of God, you were plucked out of it. He's already done it. You don't need deliverance from the devil; no! Notice the tenses; it says, "Who hath delivered us from the dominion of darkness and hath translated us...." The word "translated" means "transferred"; He has transferred us; we're not in the process, we're not on our way to glory land; no. We were born there. Halleluiah!

Confession...
I am not under Satan'sjurisdiction; he has no authority over me, and cannot decide what happens to me. I dwell in the Kingdom of God's "love Son"; the realm of health, wealth, prosperity, and life eternal, soaring on the wings of the Spirit, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Isaiah 33:24
And the inhabitant shall not say, I am sick: the people that dwell therein shall be forgiven their iniquity.

Hebrews 12:22-24
But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 8:27-38, Numbers 5

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 22:11-21, Psalm 46-47
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:10am On Feb 29, 2016
He Doesn't Convict You Of Sin - Monday, February 29

Pastor Chris

For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world (1 Corinthians 11:31-32).

It’s not the ministry of the Holy Spirit to convict God’s people of sin. The Bible says the Holy Spirit will convict the world of sin, not the Church.

For the Church, the Bible says, “For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged” (1Corinthians 11:31). That means by our own spirits, we can tell when we’ve done something wrong, and our own spirits will judge us. We let our spirits judge us, so that we might not be judged of the Lord. Your spirit has the nature of
God.

When you do wrong, what you need is to act on the Word of God: receive forgiveness. You don’t ask for forgiveness, which is where a lot of people miss it. The Bible didn’t say that you ask for forgiveness; rather, it says in Hebrews 4:16 , “Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” Did you notice it doesn’t say, “Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, and ask for mercy?” Instead, it says “to obtain,” that is, collect it.

You may have done something wrong and prayed to God to forgive you, and in your heart, you knew He forgave you. Some days later, the guilt of what you did weighs down on your mind and it seems as though He didn’t quite forgive you, so you find yourself asking for forgiveness again. The truth is, He isn’t responsible for the accusation you felt in your mind, because it’s not part of His ministry to convict you of sin.

Jesus is your advocate with the Father. Thus, when you say, “Father, I receive forgiveness for what I did,” immediately, you’re forgiven. The Bible says He is faithful and just to forgive us, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9). It didn’t say He’s quick to judge us and convict us. Your spirit does that; but God is greater than your spirit (1 John 3:20-21).

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the gift of righteousness bestowed on me in Christ Jesus. I function in righteousness, because I have the nature of Christ. My heart and conscience are purified in Christ. I walk in the reality of the life of righteousness, which I have in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

1 John 1:7-10
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Hebrews 4:15-16
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

1 Year Bible Reading Plan:Mark 9:1-13, Numbers 6

2 Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 22:22-30, Psalm 48-49

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 322
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.