Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (249837 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:12am On Jan 06, 2016
Trust The Lord And Stay Focused - Wednesday, January 6th .

Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed (Proverbs 16:3 NIV).

In setting new goals, and in your plan to create new levels of prosperity and growth, stay focused on the Word. Pray and meditate on the Word. Set definite times of fellowship with the Spirit. Every now and then, speak in tongues and talk to the Lord about your goals, and He'll make sure you achieve them. Psalm 37:5 says, "Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."

Isaiah 26:3 says, "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." The phrase translated "perfect peace" in the verse above implies peace with prosperity. It says, "thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee...." You must stay your mind on the Lord.

Take your mind away from the news and information that cause fear, depression, and distractions, and stay your mind on the Lord and His eternal Word. Discipline your mind in one direction—the direction of God's Word—and you'd have good success, prosperity with peace.

Joshua 1:8 says, "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success." Keeping your mind focused on the Lord and His Word guarantees you a life of true success. You might ask, "What's the connection between my mind and my prosperity?"

You see, your mind is where God seeks to work. If He can get a hold of your mind, you can become as healthy, prosperous, and successful as He wants you to be. Your mind is the doorway to your spirit, and out of your spirit are the issues of life.
No matter how financially down and out, in debt, sick or afflicted someone might be, if the Word of God can get into that person's system, things will change in a moment of time.

God's Word is God's recipe for divine health, wealth, and the glorious life. Trust the Lord and stay focused on His Word.

Prayer...
Thank you precious Father, for your Word to me today! My mind is focused on the Word, and I refuse to be distracted. Therefore, victory, success, prosperity and divine health are evident in my life because I've given myself wholly to the Word, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Hebrews 12:2
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Jeremiah 17:7-8
Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is. 8 For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 5:21-48, Genesis 15-17

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 7:22-32, Nehemiah 10

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:32am On Jan 07, 2016
Jesus—The Complete Embodiment Of Deity! - Thursday, January 7th.

Pastor Chris

Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him (Colossians 1:15-16).

How awesome and inspiring this is! Christ Jesus is the image of the invisible God. Now, that word "image" is the Greek "eikon," which is translated 'icon" in English. Think about a computer or a mobile device, for example. You may not see the application in the system, but you see the icon—a quickly comprehensible symbol—that helps to easily navigate that computer system or mobile device as you click on it.

Colossians 1:15 tells us that Jesus "...is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature"; that means He's the outward expression of the invisible God. To see Jesus, is to see God. In John 14:8-9, when Philip asked, "...Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us," Jesus responded, "...he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?"

Jesus is the perfect image and replica of the Godhead. He's the express image of the Father's person. The Father joyfully appointed Him to be the heir of all things, including His throne. The Bible says it pleased the Father, that in Him (Jesus) should all fullness dwell (Colossians 1:19).

Then Colossians 2:9 lets us know that in Him (Jesus) dwells the fullness of the Godhead bodily. So, if you've seen Jesus, you've seen the Father. Glory to God!
He said in John 10:30, "I and my Father are one." When He said this, the Jews, not knowing who He was, said He blasphemed and they attempted to stone Him to death: "Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God" (John 10:31-33). They understood the implication of what He said. Jesus is one with the Father; He's the complete embodiment of Deity.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for your life and nature of righteousness that's been imparted into my spirit. This gives me the ability to think, act, and live as the effulgence of your glory and your perfect representation, because as Jesus is, so am I. I've been initiated into the same kind of life; I have His character, and the same essence of divinity, having become one with Him. Halleluiah!

Further Study:

Colossians 2:9-10
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

1 John 4:17
Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 6;1-18, Genesis 18-19

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 7:33-42, Nehemiah 11

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:16am On Jan 08, 2016
Free From Accusation! - Friday, January 8th .

Pastor Chris

And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight (Colossians 1:21-22).

Jesus saved us, and our opening text shows us what He's made us. He's reconciled you in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, unblameable, and unreproveable in God's sight.

This isn't something God is trying to do, or going to do; He's already done it through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. So, this isn't a promise; it's a statement of fact. You've been reconciled with the Father, and the latter part of the opening scripture clearly reveals to us the reason for the reconciliation: to present you holy, blameless and above reproach in God's sight.

It doesn't matter what anybody thinks about you! God says you're holy, faultless and irreproachable. This is who you are to Him. This is how He's presented you to Himself in Christ Jesus—holy, and free of all accusations.

This is where our audacity of faith comes from. This is the reason we're bold to make demands in His Name, decree a thing and have it established. It's because our righteousness is of Him! It isn't because of what you did or didn't do; no! It's because of what Jesus did.

Romans 5:17 says, "For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ." Stand before the mirror of God—His Word—and see that you're faultless! Look into the Word and see that you're justified, unimpeachable and free from condemnation!

Perhaps you're reading this and you're thinking, "This can't apply to me. I've been wicked and injurious to others. I've done a lot of evil things!" Don't look at what you've done.

Look at what He's done and who He's made you, and say "Yes" to Him! Embrace His righteousness, and begin to see yourself differently on the basis of this new information. His love is bigger, greater, and more powerful than the worst sin. You're valuable to Him, and He loves you dearly.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for imputing your righteousness in me, with which I boldly stand before you without guilt, condemnation, inferiority or blame, but as your righteousness, and as a son with an inextricable oneness with you. I thank you Father, for this awesome privilege, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 8:1-2
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Romans 8:33-39
Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. 34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 6:19-7:6, Genesis 20-22

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 7:43-53, Nehemiah 12
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by advocates: 10:05am On Jan 08, 2016
Thanks Gombs for the daily dosage. I appreciate it. I hardly miss it for one day. I want to assure you that thousand of others like me albeit not making comment, are eagerly following.

You have been a blessing and may the good Lord continue to shower you His immeasurable grace. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:34am On Jan 09, 2016
Raised With A New Kind Of Life - Saturday, January 9th .

Pastor Chris

Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life (Romans 6:4).

There're many who think that all Jesus came to do was to save us from sin; but that's just one side of the story. Yes, He saved us from our sins, but He did that for a purpose: so He could make us sons of God. His ultimate aim was to give us a new life, the God-life! It wasn't just to save us from our sins. Saving us from our sins was a means to an end.

Understand this: When He hung on the cross, and was crucified, you were in Him, because He did it for all men; He was made sin for us; He took our place. That's the legality of redemption. Even though you hadn't been born at the time He died, you were in Him. The same goes for all those who were born before He came—He was the representative of all men. When He died and was buried, in the mind of God, we all died and were buried in Him. And that was the end of sin. Our sin was buried with Him.

However, that wasn't the end of His substitutionary work. On the third day, God raised Him from the dead. And when He raised Jesus from the dead, we were also raised together with Him into a newness of life.

Remember, our sins were buried with Him. Our past with all the failures, weaknesses, and defeat were buried with Him. Now, you have a new life in Christ Jesus; not a continuation of your old life. You're a new creation now, superior to the devil, the world, and its systems.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for separating me from the destruction that ruins men's lives and the judgment that works in the lives of men, having been identified with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection. Now I walk in the newness of life, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:

2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Ephesians 4:24
And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Romans 6:5
For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 7:7-29, Genesis 23-24

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 7:54-60, Nehemiah 13
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:35am On Jan 09, 2016
advocates:
Thanks Gombs for the daily dosage. I appreciate it. I hardly miss it for one day. I want to assure you that thousand of others like me albeit not making comment, are eagerly following.

You have been a blessing and may the good Lord continue to shower you His immeasurable grace. God bless you.

Thank you so much.

God bless you abundantly too.

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:31am On Jan 10, 2016
Grow Up And Be In Charge - Sunday, January 10th .

Pastor Chris

Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all; But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father (Galatians 4:1-2).

Notice that the scripture above doesn't say, "That the heir, when he is a child;" rather, it says, "...the heir, as long as he is a child...." The reference isn't to an infant, in terms of age. The Apostle Paul is dealing with maturity here. The word "child" is translated from the Greek "népios," which means someone who's a child mentally and spiritually; a child in understanding, in wisdom and most importantly, in communication; one who doesn't communicate rightly.

Secondly, the word translated "servant" means "slave." Thus, an heir, as long as he's a "népios" (immature), he's not different from a slave, though he owns the entire inheritance. He'll be buffeted by the crises and adversities of life until he comes to maturity, and learns to exercise dominion over circumstances and negative forces of life.

Yes, the Lord Jesus has saved us and made us one with Himself. He's made us associates of the God-kind! He brought us out of darkness, into His marvelous light. We're heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ (Romans 8:17).

However, until and unless these and other results of His vicarious sacrifice on your behalf become your present-hour consciousness, you'll live as a victim in life. Galatians 4:3 says, "Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world." How sad! This only happens to the "népios." God's will for you is to live triumphantly every day by His Word, through the power of the Holy Spirit.

No wonder He says, "...grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ..." (2 Peter 3:18). He wants you to come up to maturity so you can tame circumstances and exercise dominion over Satan, sickness, defeat, sin, poverty, and all the works of darkness. He wants you to control your life and circumstances, through His Word; that's His will and grace for your life. So, grow up, be in charge, and in control!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for teaching, equipping, strengthening and training me in righteousness to live in victory and dominion over the elements of this world, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Ephesians 4:11-14
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Galatians 4:6-7
And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. 7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 8:1-27, Genesis 25-26

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 8:1-13, Esther1-2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 4:56am On Jan 11, 2016
Be Concerned About Orphans - Monday, January 11th .

I won't leave you like orphans. I will come back to you (John 14:18 CEV).

In Christ Jesus, we have an indwelling comforter. He didn't leave us as orphans. In other words, He didn't leave us without a Father, or guide; He didn't leave us helpless: "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever" (John 14:16).

The Greek rendering for the phrase "another comforter" is "allon parakleton," which means another one of the same kind that's called to go together with, and walk alongside.

When a child loses his father or mother, and especially both parents, that child is like a wanderer in the desert, without a guide and a helper. He's as one lost in the sea of life without somebody to ask pertinent questions, and provide answers about life and the future. He's left comfortless. This is why it's so important to pray for children, especially the bereaved ones, and be willing always to help them.

Remember, every child is your child. You don't have to be an orphan before you're touched with the feeling of their infirmity. Become concerned enough to lend a helping hand.

It's my prayer that the Lord will empower you and enable you to help needy children this year, more than ever before. Yes, you'll do it! Even if it's only one person you're able to help, do it, for it's worth it. The day you'll stand before the Master. He'll reward you for this noble work. Remember His words: "And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward" (Matthew 10:42).

Prayer...
Dear Father, I rejoice in you for the opportunity to intercede and help children, especially the orphans. I pray that your comfort, grace, and wisdom mantle their hearts, and that they live out your dreams of a prosperous, victorious, glorious and excellent future that you've planned for them, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Psalm 127:3-5
Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. 4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. 5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Psalm 82:3-4
Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy. 4 Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 8:28-9:1-17, Genesis 27-28

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 8:14-25, Esther 3-4

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by osahonmk(m): 7:32am On Jan 12, 2016
God bless you
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:15am On Jan 12, 2016
osahonmk:
God bless you
Thank you so much sir.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:17am On Jan 12, 2016
Your Love For Him Is What Matters - Tuesday, January 12th .

Pastor Chris

For the love of Christ constraineth us... (2 Corinthians 5:14).

Every Christian is called into the ministry of reconciliation. If you're born again, then He's called you. The Bible says, "And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation" (2 Corinthians 5:18).

You might say, "But I never heard any voice "calling" me into the ministry." The question is: Do you love Jesus? If you do, then it doesn't matter whether or not you heard a voice.

What counts with God is your love for Jesus. Your true and sincere love for Jesus, and what that love motivates you to do for Him, is what really matters.

The devil might taunt you and say, "You're not called into ministry; stop wasting your time." But you should tell him, "I'm doing all I'm doing for the Lord, because I love Him!" You responded to love's call when you gave your heart to Christ, and committed yourself to the ministry of the Gospel.

You can't love Jesus, follow Him passionately, and not be a success in life. Therefore, let all that you do for Him be because you love Him. Let His love be the compelling force in your life.

Your love is the greatest gift you could ever give to Him; that's all you'll need to present before the Father in heaven.

I remember listening to a dear preacher many years ago, and she said something in her prayer that touched me so deeply. She said, "Lord Jesus, I have nothing to give you but my love." I thought, "Wow! What could be better?" What else could we give Him but our love! That's what He's asking for.

He said, "My son, give thine your heart..." (Proverbs 23:26).

Stir up your love for Him always; keep it afire. If you're propelled by your love for the Master, you'll always win; His glory will always be revealed in, and through you.

Remember what He said, "...If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him" (John 14:23).

Prayer...
Blessed Lord Jesus, I deeply appreciate the depth and magnitude of your love for me! I'm propelled by your love in all I do. I'm forever grateful to be the object of your great and eternal love; thank you for the blessing and ability to love you in return.

Further Study
1 John 4:19
We love him, because he first loved us.

Mark 12:30
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 9:18-38,
Genesis 29-30

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 8:26-40,
Esther 5-6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:53am On Jan 13, 2016
Reigning In Life - Wednesday, January 13th .

Pastor Chris

For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ (Romans 5:17).

Every child of God is a king in this life, and we're called to reign in righteousness. You were born to exercise dominion over Satan and the circumstances of life. You're not a victim, but a victor in Christ Jesus. John knew this about us and declared, "Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world" (1 John 4:4).

The greater One lives in you! God has imparted His nature of righteousness to you, and that's what makes you like Him. That nature makes you think, see, and talk, like Him. You've ascended; He's brought you to His level. Our opening verse says, "...they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ." You've received grace to reign over circumstances and walk in dominion over and above Satan and the elements of this world.

No matter how dire your situation may seem, it doesn't change your status, because there's no disadvantage for the child of God. There's grace on your life. Recognize it. Someone who isn't born again may say, "I was in such-and-such a situation, and I couldn't find any way out"; but not you! We don't get trapped! The Christian always has the way out! As a matter of fact, he's the way out.

You reign through your proclamation of the Word! Whatever comes against you in life, take charge and reign over it, through faith-filled declarations.

Confession...
As the Lord reigns on high and is clothed with majesty, so do I reign in this life in righteousness! The Lord has clothed and girded me with strength! Indeed, the words of my mouth are firmly established! I walk in perpetual victory, manifesting the glory of God in every place, by the ability of the Spirit! Halleluiah!

Further Study:

Romans 5:20-21
Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: 21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Revelation 5:10
And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 10:1-23, Genesis 31-33

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 9:1-9, Esther 7-8
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:34am On Jan 14, 2016
Satan Has Lost His Power! - Thursday, January 14th .

Pastor Chris

And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name (Luke 10:17).

In the Book of Jude, verse 9, there's something very instructive for our learning. It says, "Yet Michael the Archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee." This was after Moses died. Michael, the Archangel, came to take his body.

However, when he got there, the devil also wanted Moses' body, because he had a right over everyone who died in this world, until Jesus came.

Satan had adamic authority, which he got from Adam in the Garden of Eden; thus, he was higher than Michael at the time. So, what did Michael do? He said, "The Lord rebuke thee." He had to speak to Satan in the Name of the Lord, to be able to get the body of Moses. Now, in Matthew 16:19, Jesus said, "And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." This is a present-hour truth! Satan has been stripped of all power.

Jesus said, "...I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven" (Luke 10:18). Then in Luke 10:19, He said, "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you." We have authority over Satan and the cohorts of darkness. They've all been thoroughly and totally defeated, and we're charged to execute judgment against them: "To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the LORD" (Psalm 149:9).

Satan has lost his right to this world! You never have to fight or struggle with him! When he shows up, or you perceive that he's stirring trouble around you, cast him out! James 4:7 says, "...Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." How do you resist him? It's with the Word. When you speak the Word, Satan bows: "And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God" (Ephesians 6:17).

Confession...
The Lord has granted me authority to thread upon serpents and scorpions, and over all the ability of the devil! At the Name of Jesus, every knee bows, and every tongue confesses that Jesus is Lord! I reign over the devil, through my faith-filled declarations!

Further Study:

Revelation 12:11
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 10:24-42,Genesis 34-35

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 9:10-20, Esther 9-10

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by jayloyexten(m): 5:39am On Jan 14, 2016
Check this out!!!
www.thepilotdevotionals..com
You may follow via email. Its daily, it's powerful, its just for you!
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:24am On Jan 15, 2016
"Look To The Word" - Friday, January 15th, 2016.

Pastor Chris

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. (Proverbs 3:5).

There're people who choose not to be happy because of certain experiences they've had. And interestingly, they try to make other people victims of their disgruntled state, or blame others for their misfortune. But life isn't that way. No one has the responsibility to make you happy. You're the one to choose to be happy, and enjoy your life, no matter what.

The Bible says count it all joy when you go through diverse tests (James 1:2). You have to learn to depend on, and use, the Word. The Word of God provides solution to every problem. Trust the Word. When you have questions in your mind, when you face difficulties, it's the Word you need.

When some people face dire situations, they sit somewhere, feeling sorry for themselves and worrying. That doesn't help. When you find yourself in an unpleasant situation, look to the Word; search the Scriptures for answers. What God wants is for the Word to be in your spirit, and produce in you the victory mentality. No wonder He says, "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom..." (Colossians 3:16).

The Word in you will make you what it talks about! Study and meditate on the Word consistently. Listen to messages again and again. Take it in; digest it, and let it become mingled with your spirit! Listen for what the Holy Spirit will tell you to encourage you, or to give you direction. There's no problem that has no solution. Through the Scriptures, you receive light; God's Word has the ability to bring illumination to your spirit and give you insight into reality.

Through the Word, you'll find that there's nothing you can't do, and there's nothing you can't have! God's Word is the true light (John 1:9) that reveals who you really are, and your inheritance in Christ; let that light guide you in all things.

Prayer...
Dear Lord, thank you for the gift of your Word, which is in my heart and in my mouth. You're the glory of my life; and today, I experience the power and influence of your Word in all I do. I'm refreshed and energized for the transcendent life, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Isaiah 26:3-4
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. 4 Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength:

2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 11:1-30, Genesis 36-37

2-Year2 Bible Reading Plan: Acts 9:21-31, Job 1-2

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:01am On Jan 16, 2016
Inherent Greatness! - Saturday, January 16th .

Pastor Chris

And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise (Galatians 3:29).

I'll always be successful, because Christ lives in me, and I'm the seed of Abraham. This should be your mindset also. You've been fashioned to be a success in life. You're excellent, and God expects you to do excellent things. But beyond excellence, you're also great.

There're three ways you become great: one is to be born great; another is to achieve greatness; and the third way is to have greatness conferred on you. Now, Jesus was born great; He achieved greatness, and also had greatness conferred on Him. And the beautiful thing about this is, He bequeathed all of His greatness to us! This is remarkable. We were born great, in Christ Jesus!

Therefore, greatness is in you.
The things you do ought to be great, because you have inherent greatness! Have the consciousness of who you are in Christ, and constantly walk in the paths God shows you in His Word, for they're paths of greatness. When you were born again, the seed of greatness was planted in your spirit.

In Genesis 12:2, God said to Abraham, "And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing."
God further promised to give the whole world to Abraham, and He did. The Bible says Abraham obeyed God and inherited the promise.

But the promise wasn't only to Abraham; it was to Abraham and his seed and the Bible says that Jesus Christ is that seed: "Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ" (Galatians 3:16).

Our opening verse says if we belong to Christ, then we're Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. The promise of greatness to Abraham is today our present-hour inheritance in Christ Jesus.

Confession...

I was born great! I'm ordained for greatness; therefore,I do great things in Christ Jesus! Halleluiah!

Further Study:

Galatians 3:7-9
Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. 8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. 9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Genesis 26:13-14
And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great: 14 For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 12:1-21, Genesis 38-39

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 9:32-43, Job 3-4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:12am On Jan 17, 2016
Light And Example - Sunday, January 17th

Pastor Chris

As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world. And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth (John 17:18-19).

The Lord Jesus talking to His disciples, said, "Ye are the light of the world..." (Matthew 5:14). This is who we are; we're the light of the world, and you know what? Light gives direction. So, as Christians, we're not supposed to live like the rest of the world. We must live and lead as light.

Paul said to Timothy, "...be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity" (1 Timothy 4:12). There're certain things you must not, and shouldn't do, because you're the epistle of Christ; you're the light to give direction. Thus, you must sanctify yourself. For the sake of the disciples, Jesus separated Himself from worldliness. He sanctified Himself. He did it for their sakes. We read it in our theme scripture.

God expects you to sanctify yourself for the sake of the unbelievers around you. He expects you to separate yourself from anything and everything that doesn't glorify Christ. Jesus said, "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven" (Matthew 5:16). In your place of work, let your light shine. If you're a student, be a burning and a shining light in your school. If you're into business, politics, or sports, let your light shine so brightly that men may see your good works, and be provoked to righteousness.

Let the Christ-life reflect in, and from you. It should be your goal; think, talk, and act like Jesus. Wherever you are, and whatever you do, be an example. Be a bright and shining light. Bring glory to the Name of the Lord, for that's what your life is for.

Prayer...
Thank you heavenly Father, for your Spirit that's at work in me, both to will and to do of your good pleasure. Your love fills my heart. I set my affection on you alone, to love and honour you continually; my life is for your glory today and always, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 John 2:15-16
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Titus 2:11-13
For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; 13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 12:22-50, Genesis 40-41

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 10:1-8, Job 5-6

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:40am On Jan 18, 2016
The Effect Of Prayer - Monday, January 18th .

Pastor Chris

Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered (Romans 8:26).

One of the many blessings of prayer is that it helps us shut out the world, to focus on the Lord and things pertaining to the Kingdom. It's not just the things that we say during the time of prayer that matter, for prayer covers not only the communication or the content, but also our meditation during the times of prayer. Even the seclusion is very important; it provides the opportunity for the Spirit of God to minister to you as you minister to Him.

At the times of prayer, the Holy Spirit can open your eyes. When you pull apart and commune with Him, He opens your eyes to spiritual realities and unveils His thoughts to your spirit.

Whenever it's possible to take time away from everything else to pray, do it. But what if you feel the urge to pray when you're driving, for instance? Speak in tongues, while you drive. You may be on an important assignment during those times of prayers; you can continue with what you're doing; but pray in tongues while you're at it.

Understand that life is spiritual, and except you operate from the realm of the Spirit, you could be frustrated.
Our opening verse lets us know how we can take charge, from the realm of the Spirit. When we pray in tongues, the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us! When you get to this level in prayer, where the Spirit takes over with groanings and deep sighs, you'll just know that all things are working together for your good!

No matter the circumstances, boldness will well up in you, and you'll be confident that come what may, you're a victor in Christ Jesus! You can never be disadvantaged. Glory to God!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the opportunity to fellowship with you in prayer. I make progress continually, because I'm led and guided always by your Spirit who unveils the realities of the Kingdom to my spirit, as I spend time with Him in fellowship, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Luke 18:1
And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;

Philippians 4:6
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

1 Corinthians 14:15
What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 13:1-23, Genesis 42-43

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 10:9-20, Job 7-8
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 4:34am On Jan 19, 2016
We Got It By Inheritance! - Tuesday, January 19th .

Pastor Chris

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light (1 Peter 2:9).

The above scripture is a most inspiring verse! It says you're chosen, royal, and peculiar. You're not an ordinary person; you belong in a different class. Notice that it says, "Ye are a chosen generation"; not "Ye shall be." A promise would have been good enough, but this is a present-hour reality. I particularly like the Amplified rendering: "But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God’s] own purchased, special people...." We're a chosen breed!

In Christ Jesus, there's neither black nor white; what matters is a new creation: "For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature" (Galatians 6:15). In Christ Jesus, there's only one race, the chosen race, and it includes every one of us. We're God's peculiar treasure, His royal and chosen breed, called to manifest His righteousness; called to express His beauty, excellence and wisdom.

We're more than conquerors (Romans 8:37); we're from the lineage of champions and victors. We're superior to Satan. That's what the Bible says about us. We're saints of God; and part of our calling is to execute judgment on Satan and the cohorts of darkness (Psalm 149:5-9). You can't know all these and not consider yourself specially blessed and privileged of God; you're very special. Never allow anyone make you think less of who you are in Christ, because you're God's dream come true.

In the Old Testament, He said to them, "If you obey my voice, I'll make you a peculiar treasure, a peculiar people, a Kingdom of priests, a holy nation..." (Exodus 19:5-6). Now, we're God's dream fulfilled, and we didn't have to qualify for it. We didn't beg for it or do anything by ourselves to earn it; the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ conferred it on us. We got it by inheritance! Blessed be God!

Confession...
I'm a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar creation, called out of darkness into God's marvelous light, to display the excellence and perfections of divinity! This is my heritage, and my righteousness is of Him, who has made me more than a conqueror, and an associate of the God-kind! Glory to His Name forever!

Further Study:

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

1 John 4:17
Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 13:24-43, Genesis 44-45

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 10:21-33, Job 9-10
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:34am On Jan 20, 2016
The Word Cleanses And Renews - Wednesday, January 20th .

Pastor Chris

That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness (Ephesians 4:22-24).

Sometimes, when a demon is cast out of someone, the same demon may find its way back into that person again. Some people get confused about this; but it's not a mystery at all. Jesus said when a devil goes out of a man, he goes through dry places seeking rest. When he finds none, he says, "I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.

Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first..." (Matthew 12:44-45).

This is something a lot of people don't understand. It's not enough to cast out devils; you must replace the work of devils with the ministry of angels; you must replace the wickedness that was hitherto in the person's heart, with the love of God! You must teach and minister the Word to that individual; the Word is what now washes him clean and transforms his life.

It's the same thing when dealing with certain habits in your life. Part of our theme scripture says, "be renewed in the spirit of your mind." It's talking about being renewed in the character of your mind. When a Christian has a particular habit, and he says, "I can't stop it; I've tried severally," it's obvious he hasn't given himself wholly to the Word.

Romans 12:2 says, "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

Through the Word, you're able to replace fear with faith, and weakness with strength. With the Word of God, you can do anything, and be all that God wants you to be. Give the Word first place in your life; yield yourself completely to the Lordship of the Word.

Confession...
I'm renewed in the spirit of my mind, through the Word! The righteousness of God inundates my life! Satan has nothing in me, because I've put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness; and I live accordingly. Glory to God!

Further Study:

James 1:22-25
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 13:44-14:1-12, Genesis 46-48

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 10:34-43, Job 11-12
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:57am On Jan 21, 2016
Truth Is Reality - Thursday, January 21st .

Pastor Chris

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him (Ephesians 1:17).

In Christianity we deal with truths—absolutes, and not assumptions as in religion. Truth is reality! It's called absolute knowledge, the "epignosis" (Greek) of Him. At the realm of truth, all doubts are dissolved; you just know; and such revelation is imparted to your spirit.

For example, we weren't there when Jesus was born. But we believe, and are fully assured that He was born of a virgin! We just know in our spirit. It has become resident in our spirits. It's the same way that we know of a certainty that Jesus Christ is the Son of God! It's not an assumption by which we live, but a revelation in our spirits.

Furthermore, we don't have any doubt about His death and resurrection from the dead! God raised Him from the dead and we testify accordingly. Not because we were there when it happened, but the knowledge is granted us. We're not trying or struggling to believe it. We've passed "believing;" it's now a revelation by which we live, giving us a certain kind of mindset.

The Bible says, "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life..." (John 3:36). When we believed, eternal life was imparted to our spirits, and we were awakened to the fatherhood of God! We were moved from "believers" to "knowers" and "havers." Christianity isn't an assumption. It's not a speculation. There's nothing speculative about us, and what we've believed!

In Christianity, you're brought into the arena of reality; a divine knowledge! No wonder the Spirit prays through the Apostle Paul, "That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him" (Ephesians 1:17). He wants the revelation—the truth of your inheritance and origin in Christ Jesus—and your oneness with Him to flood your heart and inundate your mind. This isn't religion. This is truth.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I believe in your Son, Jesus, whom you sent to take away the sins of the world. I believe with all my heart that He was raised from the dead, for my justification. Thank you Lord, for the impartation of eternal life into my spirit; your glory fill my heart, and it's revealed through me always, and in every place, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Ephesians 1:15-18
Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints, 16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers; 17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: 18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints

2 Thessalonians 2:13
But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 14:13-36, Genesis 49-50

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 10:44-11:1-3, Job 13-14
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:32am On Jan 22, 2016
You Have Honour And Kingdom Dignity - Friday, January 22nd .

Pastor Chris

Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified (Romans 8:30).

Everyone who's born again has been glorified. It's not something we're hoping for or expecting to take place; it's already happened. You have His glory in your life, and the implication of this is that you're full of honour and Kingdom dignity! You can't be dishonoured, because His honour is on you!

No wonder we have joy unspeakable, and full of glory, even in the midst of adversity! No wonder we're so passionate for the Gospel; we can't be persecuted enough to give this up. We have a life-changing message for the whole world. When we see men and women around the world living a failed life, we feel it, because we know we hold the key to their salvation.

We're compelled to take the Gospel to them, because we know that the one who has Christ is brought into a life of honour, glory, and dignity.

That some people disregard you, spite you, and persecute you, shouldn't mean anything to you! Never feel insulted about such things. God Himself has glorified you. No one can change that. If you're a leader in the church, or a minister of the Gospel, and there're those (perhaps even in your group) who tend to disregard or dishonor you, refuse to care. You've been glorified.

If you've suffered anything for the sake of the Gospel, don't worry; the Lord will reward you at the right time. The more shame men may try to put on you, the more glorious your light shines before the Lord! You're decorated every time you suffer persecution for His Name's sake; the glory on you increases. The angels can see the glory. Demons can see it too. And if God were to open your eyes in the spirit, you'd be amazed" how glorious you've become for the things that you suffered for the sake of the Gospel.

Therefore, never despair. Keep doing all that you do for the Lord with greater fervour and unquenchable passion. Remember this: His glory is on you, and no amount of persecution and dishonour from men can take it away! Halleluiah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your glory in my life, which has set me on the path of honour and kingdom dignity. I'm conscious of, and thankful for your ever-increasing glory and honour in my life, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Ephesians 2:10 AMP
For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Romans 8:30
Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 15:1-28, Exodus 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 11:4-14, Job 15-16
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Acme77: 6:15am On Jan 23, 2016
Faith In The Word .
Saturday, January 23rd .
Pastor Chris
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek (Romans 1:16).
The Apostle Paul was talking about the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the opening text, and went further in the next verse to let us know that through the Gospel, the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith: "For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith" (Romans 1:17).
What does that mean? It means living beyond the outward man, because faith is the response of the human spirit to the Word of God. To live by faith, therefore, means to live from your spirit in response to God. That means living in, and on the Word of the Master. Jesus said man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes out of the mouth of God (Matthew 4:4).
The Word of God is your life. It's what you need for a balanced spiritual life. The Bible says, "As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby" (1 Peter 2:2). Even the Psalmist in the Old Testament understood the importance of living by the Word and therefore declared, "O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day" (Psalm 119:97).
Let the Word of God dwell in you richly. The Word in you is what you need to move to the next level in your Christian life; be more rooted and grounded in the Word. Feed your spirit with the Word continually. The potency and efficacy of God's Word is unquestionable. His Word is absolute reality, and all you need to experience victory and promotion in life is to live by the Word!
PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for the life of faith you've called me into. I function in the spiritual realities of your divine Kingdom. I walk in divine health, absolute prosperity, unending success, abundant joy and indescribable peace today and always, in Jesus' Name. Amen.
Further Study: || 2 Corinthians 5:7 AMP For we walk by faith [we regulate our lives and conduct ourselves by our conviction or belief respecting man’s relationship to God and divine things, with trust and holy fervor; thus we walk] not by sight or appearance. ||
|| Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. ||
Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 15:29-16:1-12,
Exodus 3-5
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 11:15-30,
Job 17

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:28am On Jan 23, 2016
Faith In The Word - Saturday, January 23rd .

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek (Romans 1:16).

The Apostle Paul was talking about the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the opening text, and went further in the next verse to let us know that through the Gospel, the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith: "For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith" (Romans 1:17).

What does that mean? It means living beyond the outward man, because faith is the response of the human spirit to the Word of God. To live by faith, therefore, means to live from your spirit in response to God. That means living in, and on the Word of the Master. Jesus said man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes out of the mouth of God (Matthew 4:4).

The Word of God is your life. It's what you need for a balanced spiritual life. The Bible says, "As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby" (1 Peter 2:2).

Even the Psalmist in the Old Testament understood the importance of living by the Word and therefore declared, "O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day" (Psalm 119:97).

Let the Word of God dwell in you richly. The Word in you is what you need to move to the next level in your Christian life; be more rooted and grounded in the Word. Feed your spirit with the Word continually. The potency and efficacy of God's Word is unquestionable. His Word is absolute reality, and all you need to experience victory and promotion in life is to live by the Word!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the life of faith you've called me into. I function in the spiritual realities of your divine Kingdom. I walk in divine health, absolute prosperity, unending success, abundant joy and indescribable peace today and always, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:

2 Corinthians 5:7 AMP
For we walk by faith [we regulate our lives and conduct ourselves by our conviction or belief respecting man’s relationship to God and divine things, with trust and holy fervor; thus we walk] not by sight or appearance.

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 15:29-16:1-12, Exodus 3-5

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 11:15-30, Job 17
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Acme77: 4:50am On Jan 24, 2016
You Carry His Presence .

Sunday, January 24th .
Pastor Chris
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you (1 Corinthians 3:16).

As Christians, it's so important that we're conscious of who we are and what we have. You know, sometimes, some people come to church and they say, "Lord, we've come into your presence today." And when they leave, they feel they've left the presence of God. Some even pray for the presence of God to come down.

But the truth is, as a child of God, you don't "come" into God's presence. You come in, and with, His presence! You carry that presence! When you go to church, you go with His presence in you.
You're the temple of the living God, who dwells in you by the Holy Spirit. When you were born again, Christ took up His abode in the quarters of your heart. He's in you now, and you're in Him. He didn't come into you to leave again after some time; no! He's with you, and in you, forever! Sadly, a lot of folks don't know this. But thanks be unto God! We know what we carry. This isn't an imagination! It's not a fable. This is reality. The Spirit of God dwells in you, and He's the conveyor of the presence and blessings of God, and all that's been given to us in Christ Jesus.

Now, the power of the Word of God works through knowledge and proclamation. If you don't know it, it'll not work. Even though it's been in the Bible, even though you've read it, if you don't have a consciousness of it, it'll not work. You must have the consciousness that you're a God-carrying vessel. You carry His presence in you everywhere. When you arrive, God arrives! Glory to His Name forever!

CONFESSION
Christ in me is the hope of glory, prosperity and strength! I'm well! I'm sound, because He's graced my life with His glory, with His presence, and with Himself! Wherever I am, God is, because I'm the carrier of His divine presence. Halleluiah!

Further Study:
|| 2 Corinthians 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. ||

|| Hebrews 3:6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end. ||

|| John 14:15-17 If ye love me, keep my commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. ||

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 16:13-17:1-13,
Exodus 6-7
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 12:1-10,
Job 18-19
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:06am On Jan 24, 2016
You Carry His Presence - Sunday, January 24th .

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you (1 Corinthians 3:16).

As Christians, it's so important that we're conscious of who we are and what we have. You know, sometimes, some people come to church and they say, "Lord, we've come into your presence today." And when they leave, they feel they've left the presence of God. Some even pray for the presence of God to come down.

But the truth is, as a child of God, you don't "come" into God's presence. You come in, and with, His presence! You carry that presence! When you go to church, you go with His presence in you.

You're the temple of the living God, who dwells in you by the Holy Spirit. When you were born again, Christ took up His abode in the quarters of your heart. He's in you now, and you're in Him. He didn't come into you to leave again after some time; no! He's with you, and in you, forever! Sadly, a lot of folks don't know this. But thanks be unto God!

We know what we carry. This isn't an imagination! It's not a fable. This is reality. The Spirit of God dwells in you, and He's the conveyor of the presence and blessings of God, and all that's been given to us in Christ Jesus.

Now, the power of the Word of God works through knowledge and proclamation. If you don't know it, it'll not work. Even though it's been in the Bible, even though you've read it, if you don't have a consciousness of it, it'll not work.

You must have the consciousness that you're a God-carrying vessel. You carry His presence in you everywhere. When you arrive, God arrives! Glory to His Name forever!

Confession...
Christ in me is the hope of glory, prosperity and strength! I'm well! I'm sound, because He's graced my life with His glory, with His presence, and with Himself! Wherever I am, God is, because I'm the carrier of His divine presence. Halleluiah!

Further Study:

2 Corinthians 6:16
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Hebrews 3:6
But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

John 14:15-17
If ye love me, keep my commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 16:13-17:1-13, Exodus 6-7

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 12:1-10, Job 18-19
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:53am On Jan 25, 2016
Crafted For Excellence
- Monday, January 25th.

Pastor Chris

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them (Ephesians 2:10).

The scripture above readily reminds us of who we are; we’re God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for excellence. It doesn’t say we shall be God’s workmanship; no, we ARE! This is the sovereign declaration of Almighty God! A statement like this is a spiritual law! This means, in the mind of divine justice, this is what it is!

This is God’s knowledge released! It’s the knowing of the Spirit. You ARE God’s workmanship! He has declared it! What else should you be thinking, except to think in line with Him! When this becomes your mindset, others around you who are ignorant may say you’re braggadocios. They may sneer at you and say you’re taking so much upon yourself. Don’t be perturbed, because they’re religiously minded.

Let’s read the opening verse again, this time in the Amplified version: “ For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship) , recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us…” You see, for instance, the iPad or iPhone is Apple’s handiwork. And perhaps you have a phone or a device that’s Samsung’s handiwork; but we’re God’s own handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us. We weren’t “renovated” or renewed. We were recreated for excellence and the transcendent life. This is the new superman! This is who you are. Before you came into this world, God already certified you a success: He placed a seal on you, which says, “Crafted for excellence!”

This is God’s testimony of you. He made you; therefore, He knows you more than you know yourself. He wants you to have the consciousness that you’re His excellent workmanship. You’re a spiritual machine, designed by God to produce good works! Therefore, do excellent things.

Prayer...
Dear Lord, what a privilege to be your icon, perfect imprint and effulgence of your wisdom, righteousness, and glory! You’ve made my life beautiful and excellent, and you’ve enabled me to be an effective witness and representative of your Kingdom, showing forth your praises, and illuminating the dark places of the earth with the light of the glorious Gospel, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Jeremiah 1:5
Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

1 Peter 2:9 AMP
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God’s] own purchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 17:14-18:1-14 Exodus 8-9

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 12:11-19; Job 20-21
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:24am On Jan 26, 2016
He Gave Us His Glory! - Friday, January 26th

Pastor Chris

And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them... (John 17:22).

There're those who say, "God never shares His glory with anyone." Yes, He wouldn't share His glory with the heathen gods. But with us, His kids, He did better than share His glory with us: He gave us His glory, and made us His glory. When He said in Isaiah 42:8, "...my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images," He wasn't talking about not sharing His glory with His children. He was talking about idols. He's made us partakers of His glory!

Read again, the words of the Master in our opening verse: "And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them...." He was praying to the Father. But notice that He didn't say, "The glory which thou gavest me, I shall give them when they get to heaven." He said the glory that God gave Him, He has in turn given to us. It's a fact for now.

The Lord Jesus doesn't mind that you're sharing His glory, because He gave it to you in the first place! Not to believe and accept this isn't humility; it's ignorance. Moreover, the Bible says those that God called, "...them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified" (Romans 8:30). We've been gloried! Jesus Christ is the express image of God's Person. He's the effulgence or outshining of the glory of God. The Bible says "...He received from God the Father, honour and glory" (2 Peter 1:17). Now, the same glory the Father gave Him is what He has freely given to you.

No wonder He says, "Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee" (Isaiah 60:1). You're the epitome of God's glory. The Apostle Paul understood this and declared: "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass (mirror) the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord" (2 Corinthians 3:18).

Now, mirrors reflect whatever is before them, which means when you stand before the mirror of God—His Word—what you see, which is the glory of God—is actually yourself. Therefore, not only has He given you His glory, He's made you His glory! You're the expression of God's glory today!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for glorifying me with the glory of your Son, Jesus Christ! That glory is evident in my physical body, my family, job, business, and in all areas of my life, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Ephesians 1:15-19
Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints, 16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers; 17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: 18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, 19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

John 17:20-22 NIV
“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 11:1-30, Exodus 10-12

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 12:20-25, Job 22-23
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Acme77: 5:42am On Jan 27, 2016
He's Your Strength And Shield!

Wednesday, January 27th .
Pastor Chris

...the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1).

In the Psalm above, David wasn't asking the Lord for strength. It lacks spiritual wisdom to keep praying and asking the Lord to give you strength when, already, He's the strength of your life. If the Lord is the strength of your life, you don't need to ask Him for strength, because if you have Him, you have strength; therefore, no room for weakness in your life.

The Apostle Paul, with this understanding, made an extraordinary claim in 2 Corinthians 12:10. He said, "...for when I am weak, then am I strong." He knew His strength was the Holy Spirit that dwelt in him. No wonder He said, "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13 NKJV).

The Holy Spirit is the source of true strength, and He lives in you. Therefore, never confess weakness. Declare always that you're strengthened and marvellously helped of the Lord. Romans 8:26 says, "...the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities..."; in other words, His strength is available to you, and for you, when you think you're at your weakest.

Furthermore, He's your defence and shield. When men speak unfavourable words to you, about you, or against you, be unperturbed, because their words are empty. That's something you have to realize, and be grateful to the Lord for, because not only is He your strength, He's also your protection. The Bible says, "Who is he that saith, and it cometh to pass, when the Lord commandeth it not?" (Lamentation 3:37). You should have no fear at all. Fear nothing, and fear no one.

When men threaten you, you shouldn't even consider their threats, because Isaiah 54:17 says, "No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord." What an assurance! Live with this consciousness, and keep winning every day.

CONFESSION

The Lord is the strength of my life; therefore, there's no room for weakness in me. I'm sufficient in Christ's sufficiency, and nothing is impossible to me. The Lord has set me on high; Glory and honour are in his presence; strength and gladness are in His dwelling! Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil; for He's my shield and eternal protection. Halleluiah!

Further Study: || Psalm 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. ||

|| Psalm 27:1-3 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? 2 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. 3 Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident. ||

|| 2 Corinthians 3:5-6 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; 6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. ||

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 19:1-15,
Exodus 13-14

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 13:1-12,
Job 24-25
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:11am On Jan 27, 2016
He's Your Strength And Shield! - Wednesday, January 27th .

Pastor Chris

...the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1).
In the Psalm above, David wasn't asking the Lord for strength. It lacks spiritual wisdom to keep praying and asking the Lord to give you strength when, already, He's the strength of your life.

If the Lord is the strength of your life, you don't need to ask Him for strength, because if you have Him, you have strength; therefore, no room for weakness in your life.
The Apostle Paul, with this understanding, made an extraordinary claim in 2 Corinthians 12:10. He said, "...for when I am weak, then am I strong." He knew His strength was the Holy Spirit that dwelt in him.

No wonder He said, "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13 NKJV).
The Holy Spirit is the source of true strength, and He lives in you. Therefore, never confess weakness. Declare always that you're strengthened and marvellously helped of the Lord. Romans 8:26 says, "...the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities..."; in other words, His strength is available to you, and for you, when you think you're at your weakest.

Furthermore, He's your defence and shield. When men speak unfavourable words to you, about you, or against you, be unperturbed, because their words are empty. That's something you have to realize, and be grateful to the Lord for, because not only is He your strength, He's also your protection. The Bible says, "Who is he that saith, and it cometh to pass, when the Lord commandeth it not?" (Lamentation 3:37). You should have no fear at all. Fear nothing, and fear no one.

When men threaten you, you shouldn't even consider their threats, because Isaiah 54:17 says, "No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord." What an assurance! Live with this consciousness, and keep winning every day.

Confession...
The Lord is the strength of my life; therefore, there's no room for weakness in me. I'm sufficient in Christ's sufficiency, and nothing is impossible to me. The Lord has set me on high; Glory and honour are in his presence; strength and gladness are in His dwelling! Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil; for He's my shield and eternal protection. Halleluiah!

Further Study:

Psalm 23:4
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Psalm 27:1-3
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? 2 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. 3 Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.

2 Corinthians 3:5-6
Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; 6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 19:1-15, Exodus 13-14

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 13:1-12, Job 24-25
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:36am On Jan 28, 2016
You Can Be A Success — A True Success!
- Thursday, January 28th.

Pastor Chris

My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings....For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh (Proverbs 4:20-22).

Getting a school degree is important, but there’s more to life. There’s something more important than the education you receive from the four walls of an academic institution; it’s called spiritual education. For some people, having acquired an academic degree, they think that’s all they need. While it’s good to be formally educated, true success is of the Spirit.

This accounts for the reason many of the world’s intelligentsia have a life that’s the complete antithesis of true success. Some people made straight “A”s in school but got a “D” in life.

For example, a medical doctor who, after treating so many people, contracts a disease that has defied all medical solutions. Now, he’s unable to help himself. How sad. Life is spiritual, and true success is only achievable when you apply the principles of God’s Word. The Word of God guarantees your all-round prosperity; give it first place in your life.

Let no one deceive you and tell you that life is full of ups and downs; you can be a success—a true success. Joshua 1:8 tells you how: “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.”

Proverbs 3:5 says, “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.” In all that you do in life, let the Word guide you; study it and do what it says, and you’d always be a success.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for giving me the understanding of the mystery of the kingdom of heaven. I submit myself to be continually educated by your Word; therefore, I declare that my life is a product of your Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Psalm 119:105
Depart from me, ye evildoers: For I will keep the commandments of my God.

Colossians 1:9
For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

2 Corinthians 3:5-6
Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency [is] of God; 6. Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 19:16-20:1-16; Exodus 15

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 13:13-25; Job 26-27
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:04am On Jan 29, 2016
Do What He Says - Friday, January 29th.

Pastor Chris

I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine (John 17:9).

The above scripture captures part of Jesus’ prayer for His disciples, as He rounded off His earthly ministry. He said, “I pray not for the world.” How come He wasn’t praying for the world? He knew it wasn’t necessary, because He knew what the Father wanted, and He was going to do just that, rather than praying about it.

This is an example for us to follow. Don’t find yourself praying for something for which you already know the Father’s heart. For example, Hebrews 10:25 says, “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.” This is God’s instruction to His children to not neglect church meetings. Knowing this instruction, you’ll be remiss to pray to God, “O Lord, please move me to go to church.” That’ll be completely out of place, because He already told you to take such gatherings seriously!

The same goes for soul-winning. It’s pointless for a Christian to say, “Father, make me win souls into your Kingdom.” Just do what He’s told you. He already said, “… Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature” (Mark 16:15). This is His instruction to you; and when He gives you an instruction, the ability to act accordingly comes with it. You ought to simply do what He says.

Jesus knew the will of the Father about the world. What the world needed was a sacrifice; they needed salvation. So, He didn’t have to pray for the world. He only prayed for His disciples. Shortly after praying for His disciples, He was arrested and was on His way to the cross to die for the world. Glory to God! Whatever instruction you have from God, don’t hesitate, for you’re enabled and equipped to produce results.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for your Word, which illuminates my path and leads me in the way that I should go. The Holy Spirit lives in me, and He guides and instructs me from within; He leads me in the paths of righteousness, propelling me to do right and fulfil your will for my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Philippians 2:13
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Hebrews 13:20-21
Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 20:17-34; Exodus 16-17

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 13:26-41; Job 28-29

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 256
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.