Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,945 members, 7,952,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:49 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (258307 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (108) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:04am On Sep 23, 2016
A Strong Desire For The Word - Friday, September 23rd .

Pastor Chris

But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever Amen (2 Peter 3:18).

As a child of God, you must relish the Word of God; you must enjoy the Word. Your most exciting times should be when you’re in fellowship with the Word. God’s Word is everything; it’s what you need to be all that God has destined you to be in life. Having come to Christ, you must have a strong desire to grow in your spirit.

Just like a new-born baby is fed with natural food to enhance its growth and wellbeing, so also does God expect the one who’s born again to feed, and keep feeding, on the Word. We’re born of the Word: “Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever” (1 Peter 1:23). And then 1 Peter 2:2 says, “As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby.” Nothing else will make you grow spiritually, except the Word. God’s Word will build you up to be spiritually, mentally, and emotionally sound and balanced.

Your approach to the Word should be like the Psalmist’s who said, “I rejoice at thy word, as one that findeth great spoil” (Psalm 119:162). Cherish God’s Word. Know the Word for yourself. You may stand on someone else’s faith for a while; you may even stand on your Pastor’s faith for a while, but it may not continue after some time. It’s the reason some people wonder why the prayers of others for them don’t seem to work like it used to. It’s because God never intended for your life to be sustained by the faith of another; you’ve got to stand on the Word for yourself.

You have to grow in grace and in the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ—for yourself. Study and learn more about Him, and watch your life become a full expression of the Word. Meditate on the Scriptures until you’re programmed to only think God’s thoughts, and influenced only by His character, ideas, and opinions.

Confession...
Dear Lord, you’re my God!Early will I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my spirit longs for your Word as the deer pants for the water brooks. I delight in your Word and yield to it for exhortation, doctrine, and counsel; in it I’ve found life, peace, righteousness, and everlasting joy. Blessed be God!

Further Study:
John 17:3
And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Proverbs 8:10-17
Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold. 11 For wisdom [is] better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it. 12 I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions. 13 The fear of the LORD [is] to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate. 14 Counsel [is] mine, and sound wisdom: I [am] understanding; I have strength. 15 By me kings reign, and princes decree justice. 16 By me princes rule, and nobles, [even] all the judges of the earth. 17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

Job 23:12
Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary [food].

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 1:1-14, Isaiah 11-12

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Timothy 6:1-16, Jeremiah 41
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:33am On Sep 24, 2016
Supernatural And “Uninfectable” - Saturday, September 24th .

Pastor Chris

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and IF THEY DRINK ANY DEADLY THING, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover (Mark 16:17-18).

The above scripture is extraordinary; it reveals something striking about the believing ones: they’re supernatural beings. As a believer, there’s something about you; you’re not ordinary, because you have the divine life. It’s the reason you can’t be poisoned or destroyed; the life of God in your spirit has supplanted the human life! You’re now a partaker of the divine nature; an associate of the God-kind.

It doesn’t matter what the enemy concocts against you; it makes no difference how the poison gets into your system; it shall have no power over you. In Luke 10:19, Jesus said, “Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” How much better can it get? This is either true or false, but it’s true. Therefore, live with the consciousness that you’re supernatural and “uninfectable”; refuse to think otherwise.

Maybe you ate or drank something that’s causing you pain and discomfort; well, it was because you didn’t know the truth. Now that you know, declare the Word until the divine life in you gains the ascendancy.

The problem of many is that they really don’t believe. When Jesus used, “they” in our opening scripture, He was letting the disciples know what kind of people would come from the resurrection. Christians aren’t people who believe in Jesus and are trying to get saved. Christians are people who have come from death. They’re a different breed. That’s why the Bible says, “But ye are a chosen generation…” (1 Peter 2:9). The word “generation” is the same word for “breed.” You’re a special breed, superior to the devil, sickness, infirmities and anything that’s of the devil.

What you need is to upgrade your life; upgrade your thinking, and see with the eyes of the Spirit. You’re not of this world; you’ve been severed, separated from the death, decay, and corrupting influences in the world. Take charge from the realms of the spirit and subdue your world and your environment. Live victoriously every day through the Word, and by the Spirit.

Prayer...
Blessed Father, you gave me the authority to cast out devils, speak in tongues, and walk in victory and dominion over Satan, the world, and its systems. Thank you for your divine life in me, and the power of your Word and the Holy Spirit in me today, and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Peter 1:23
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Romans 8:11
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 1:15-2:1-10, Isaiah 13-14

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Timothy 6:17-21, Jeremiah 42

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:43am On Sep 25, 2016
It’s A Personal Fight - Sunday, September 25th .

Pastor Chris

Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses (1 Timothy 6:12).

Observe that the Apostle Paul didn’t say to Timothy, “I’ll fight the good fight of faith for you”; the fight of faith is a personal fight; howbeit, a good one. It’s a good fight because you always win. It’s the only fight God expects us to fight and the weapon you need is the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. You engage in the fight of faith by holding onto God’s Word, maintaining your confessions, in the face of staggering oppositions.

Perhaps, you lost your job and every effort to get a new one has proved abortive; or maybe you’re married and haven’t been4 able to have children. You may have even been told it’s medically impossible for you to conceive, because the fallopian tubes are damaged; whatever the case may be, refuse to panic or be agitated. Fight the good fight of faith. Against hope, believe in hope that you’re a victor in Christ Jesus, blessed and highly favoured of the Lord.

Don’t succumb to sickness, poverty or defeat. Don’t give in to, or accept anything that’s contrary to your divine heritage in Christ. Be strong in faith; maintain your confessions of the Word. The circumstances of life may not always correspond with what the Word of God says, or the visions God has given you; that’s the time to fight the fight of faith. That’s when to declare, “I’m what God says I am; I have what He says I have; and I can do what He says I can do!”

Consider Jesus; the fact that Lazarus was dead and had been buried for four days didn’t make any difference at all. He called Lazarus out from the grave just as you’d call someone sleeping in a nearby room. It doesn’t matter what you see, hear or feel; it doesn’t matter how negative or impossible things may look in the natural; keep affirming the Word. Remember, this is something you must do for yourself, and by yourself. Depend on the Word as the basis and assurance for all your actions and you’ll always be triumphant.

Confession...
I give thanks unto the Father, who has qualified me to be a partaker of the inheritance of the saints in light! I’m walking in the fullness of the blessings of the Gospel, triumphant always and in every place, making manifest the savour of the knowledge and glory of Christ. Hallelujah.

Further Study:
2 Corinthians 4:17-18
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding [and] eternal weight of glory; 18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen [are] temporal; but the things which are not seen [are] eternal.

Romans 4:17-21
(As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, [even] God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were. 18 Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations; according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be. 19 And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb: 20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; 21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 2:11-22, Isaiah 15-18

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Timothy 1:1-18, Jeremiah 43
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:45am On Sep 26, 2016
There Are Different Graces - Monday, September 26th .

Pastor Chris

Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace (Philippians 1:7).

The Apostle Paul, in our opening verse, was addressing the church in Philippi, and said they were partakers of his (Paul’s) grace; the grace of God bestowed on him. There’re different graces on people’s lives, aside from the general grace of Jesus Christ which we all received for salvation. 1 Peter 5:5 says, “…Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.”

Observe that the Apostle Peter wasn’t writing here to unbelievers, but to the Church, to people who already had the grace of God upon their lives.
Thus, it’s clear that God does give more grace. He increases the grace on your life for two reasons: firstly, on the basis of your humility; secondly, on the basis of His calling upon your life. James 4:6 says, “But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.” The general grace of God is what brought you salvation and protects you in salvation. However, when God calls you, He gives you a responsibility and the grace to fulfil that responsibility.

In Ephesians 3:8, Paul said, “Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ.” Paul makes a personal reference to the grace given to him, and what that grace was for; it was to preach the unsearchable riches of Christ. He makes a similar assertion in Romans 15:15-16: “Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God, That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God….”

The Lord has given you grace for that which He’s called you to do. Recognize that grace, and function in it. Keep walking in love and humility, and He’ll continually increase that grace for you to be more effective in fulfilling His calling on your life.

Prayer...
I’ve received abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness; therefore, I’m reigning in life, over and above the corrupting influences of this world. Thank you, Lord, for the grace bestowed on me for ministry; I walk conscious of this grace and in its benefits in my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 1:16-17
And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. 17 For the law was given by Moses, [but] grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Galatians 2:9
And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we [should go] unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

2 Timothy 2:1
Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.

Acts 11:22-23
Then tidings of these things came unto the ears of the church which was in Jerusalem: and they sent forth Barnabas, that he should go as far as Antioch. 23 Who, when he came, and had seen the grace of God, was glad, and exhorted them all, that with purpose of heart they would cleave unto the Lord.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 3:1-21, Isaiah 19-22

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Timothy 2:1-10, Jeremiah 44
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:52am On Sep 27, 2016
Made Alive In Christ - Tuesday, September 27th .
Pastor Chris

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins (Ephesians 2:1).

The word “quickened” above means “made alive”: “AND YOU [He made alive], when you were dead (slain) by [your] trespasses and sins” (Ephesians 2:1 AMP). This is a consciousness God wants us to have as His children. We’ve been made alive in Christ; the life of Christ is at work in your system; every fibre of your being is inundated with the divine life and energy of God. Can you see why no one, and nothing, can destroy you? You’re unconquerable!

Consider that Jesus Christ, the Son of God in truth, gave Himself for you on the cross and died as your saviour, and that God raised Him from the dead to give you a new life. That life isn’t at all subject to defeat, failure or death. John 1:14 says about Him: “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.” In John 10:10 He emphasized that He came so that we might have life—His divine life—to the full. He couldn’t have done all these for nothing.

Therefore, as a Christian, live your life to show that what Jesus did wasn’t for nothing; live up to His dream! Jesus the creator of the whole world, the maker of all things died for you, to give you a new life—the impregnable life of God. That’s something big! He thought we were valuable and important to the Father, so He came just for us. Why then should anyone live an empty or unhappy life?

The way to show your gratitude for all He’s done for you is to live up to His dream, by maintaining your superiority and victory over Satan and the cohorts of darkness. You’re His seed, and He’s prolonging His days through you today (Isaiah 53:10). When you show up, Jesus shows up! You’re the express image of His person, called to show forth the beauty and excellence of His divine life in you.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for sending Jesus to die in my stead, a display of your love, and testimony of my worth and value to you. I live triumphantly today and always, conscious of your infinite grace and love, and the life of righteousness that I have in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 John 5:11-13
And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; [and] he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. 13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Colossians 3:3-4
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, [who is] our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Ephesians 2:4-6
But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink 6 And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus:

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 4:1-16, Isaiah 23-24

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Timothy 2:11-26, Jeremiah 45
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:44am On Sep 28, 2016
Let His Righteousness Reign Through You - Wednesday, September 28th .

Pastor Chris

But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption (1 Corinthians 1:30).

Righteousness is the expression of the will and nature of the Father. This is because to express righteousness and goodness, God reveals His nature and will to man; He’s the judge, and by His very nature, He decides what’s good or evil, right or wrong. Therefore, His revelation of Himself, His nature, His character, and His will, is the expression of righteousness.

In the days of Moses, the Israelites had to read the Law to know right or wrong; but that’s not for the new creation in Christ! In Jeremiah 31:33, the Lord said, “…I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts….” This has already happened for us in Christ Jesus: righteousness is now in your spirit. Romans 8:2-4 tells us, “...For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us….”

Today, not only has God made us His righteous ones, we give vent to His righteousness; we unveil and express His righteousness. The people of the world are to look at you, and know what rightness is. We bear fruits of righteousness, because we’re the trees of righteousness (Isaiah 61:3). Let righteousness reign through you; give expression to God’s best in your life. Decide that the life of Christ will be fully expressed through you, and that you’ll be effective in fulfilling His purpose in the earth.

Jesus said, “Ye are the light of the world...” (Matthew 5:14); you’re the one to establish His Kingdom, and the reign of His righteousness where you are. You’re His representative and His representation. What an amazing reality!

Confession...
I’m found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith. This righteousness produces in me the rightness of God, and the ability to do right and fulfil the will of the Father always! Hallelujah.

Further Study:
Philippians 1:9-11
And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and [in] all judgment; 10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ; 11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Romans 8:3-4
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Isaiah 54:17
No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue [that] shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This [is] the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness [is] of me, saith the LORD.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 4:17-5:1-2, Isaiah 25-26

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Timothy 3:1-17, Jeremiah 46
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:50am On Sep 29, 2016
Respond From Your Spirit - Thursday, September 29.

Pastor Chris

We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak (2 Corinthians 4:13).

Romans 10:8 tells us that the word of salvation is near you, even in your mouth, and in your heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach. Verses 9-10, also place much emphasis on the heart; that is, the human spirit, because you believe with your spirit. Your spirit makes contact with God. That’s the reason believing is very important. Faith isn’t a response of the brain or of the mind; it’s the response of the human spirit to the Word of God.

Recall the encounter between the Lord Jesus and the man with the withered arm; Jesus called him forth while He was teaching in the synagogue and said, “…Stretch forth thy hand…” (Matthew 12:13). The concluding part says, “…And he stretched it forth; and it was restored whole, like as the other.” How did it happen? He responded from His spirit to the words of Jesus. That’s faith. The man heard Jesus in his spirit and acted from within! His spirit took a hold of the instruction, and responded accordingly.

We find a similar example in Mark 2:11; Jesus said to a man who was lame, “…Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house.” The man acted on the Word and got a miracle. There was no way he could have gotten up if he didn’t respond from his spirit. Understand this: the man’s spirit wasn’t crippled; it was his body that was afflicted with palsy. Thank God, He didn’t argue, but acted from his spirit on the Master’s instruction! Mark 2:12 (CEV) tells us that while the people watched, the man got up, picked up his mat, and hurried away. They were all amazed and praised God, saying, “We have never seen anything like this!”

I’ve seen people struggle with faith, trying to get someone to stand, stretch forth his hand, or to open his eyes when he couldn’t open them. What they didn’t realize was that they were working from the outside; that doesn’t work. The response from within—your spirit—not your mind or physical body, is what produces result. Once you can believe the Word with your heart and voice it out with your mouth, it’ll produce result. That’s what Jesus said in Mark 11:23.

Confession...
Irrespective of what I see, hear or feel, I’m convinced that I’m a victor and a success in Christ Jesus! I’m what God says I am; I have what He says I have, and I can do what He says I can do. Hallelujah.

Further Study:
Mark 11:22-23
And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. 23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Romans 10:8-10
But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, [even] in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Ephesians 5:3-21, Isaiah 27-28

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:
2 Timothy 4:1-10, Jeremiah 47
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:22am On Sep 30, 2016
Give Him Your Emotions - Friday, September 30th .

Pastor Chris

Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit Himself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered (Romans 8:26).

There’s praying in the spirit, and there’s groaning in the spirit. When you pray in tongues, your spirit prays (1 Corinthians 14:14). So, it’s your spirit that prays in tongues, even though the language (utterance) is given to your spirit by the Holy Ghost. Moreover, when you pray in tongues, your spirit is exercised and activated.

Groaning in the spirit, however, isn’t initiated from your spirit but through the Holy Spirit. This happens often to those who are totally yielded to the Spirit. You may start out by praying in tongues and activating your spirit, but it gets to the point where the Holy Spirit takes over. At that point, you’re no longer just speaking in tongues, but communicating with deep sighs and groanings of the Spirit; no words are being formed, and you can’t explain why you’re crying and groaning; the Spirit Himself has taken over the prayer, because there’s something He needs to pray about through you. Hallelujah! This is the highest kind of prayer.

The thing about this kind of prayer is that you can’t just decide you want to groan in the Spirit as in the case of speaking in tongues; it’s the Spirit that initiates it. However, you can get into that spirit of prayer and yield fully to Him. To achieve this, you must have your emotions in communication with the Holy Spirit’s emotions, because this groaning is actually an emotion of the Spirit being expressed. It’s an expression of deep emotions; but this time, it’s the emotion of the Holy Spirit, and He expresses it through us.

So, give your emotions to Him. Let Him express Himself through you. David said, “...Unite my heart...” (Psalm 86:11). That’s what happens a lot of time in worship. Through worship, we unite our emotions with His. These are the secrets from God’s kingdom given to His children to live a successful life. Learn to always yield yourself to the Spirit, and give your emotions to Him in prayer.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the opportunity to enjoy your grace, bask in your love, and be enraptured in the bliss of fellowship with your Spirit. As I spend time to pray in the spirit today, my heart, mind, and emotions are in sync with your Spirit. I’m guided and inspired to declare accurate words that’ll bring about transformations in my life and circumstances, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 8:26-27
So too the [Holy] Spirit comes to our aid and bears us up in our weakness; for we do not know what prayer to offer nor how to offer it worthily as we ought, but the Spirit Himself goes to meet our supplication and pleads in our behalf with unspeakable yearnings and groanings too deep for utterance. 27 And He Who searches the hearts of men knows what is in the mind of the [Holy] Spirit [what His intent is], because the Spirit intercedes and pleads [before God] in behalf of the saints according to and in harmony with God's will.

Jude 1:20
But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 5:22-6:9, Isaiah 29-30

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Timothy 4:11-22, Jeremiah 48
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:22am On Oct 01, 2016
Don’t Let Them Live Without God - Saturday, October 1st .

Pastor Chris

This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart (Ephesians 4:17-18).

Our opening scripture gives us the picture of the man that’s not born again; what his spirit is like before God—a very gloomy depiction indeed. Ephesians 2:12 says, “That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world.”

How could any one live without God? Such people are dead in trespasses and sins and walk according to the prince of the power of the air, which is Satan. Awful! It shows how important it is for us to keep preaching the Gospel and interceding for lost souls. Ephesians 4:18 declares that they’re alienated from the life of God. Ephesians 2:12 says they’re hopeless.

Those who’re not born again are “children of wrath”; that means they’re appointed to the judgement of God (Ephesians 2:2-3). This should get you thinking about your friends, loved ones, colleagues, and associates that don’t know Jesus; they’re your responsibility. Don’t let them die without God, for if they do, they’ll go to hell, and that’s not the will of God for anybody. The Bible says He’s unwilling that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance (2 Peter 3:9).

You’re the custodian of His message of salvation to those in your world; don’t keep quiet. Preach the Gospel like never before. Intercede in prayer for lost souls. Make it your life’s purpose that the sinners in your world won’t die without God; and they’re not going to keep living without hope. Share the Gospel with them. Let them know that eternal life is available from God now; therefore, they don’t have to wallow in sin and guilt anymore. Let them know that the righteousness of God has been unveiled, and it’s imparted freely to anyone who receives the Gospel and affirms the Lordship of Jesus Christ.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for making me effective in the ministry of reconciliation. I pray for those around the world who haven’t known Jesus, that the light of the glorious Gospel will shine brightly in their hearts, destroying the shackles of darkness, and that they’ll respond today to the call of the Spirit to them for salvation, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Matthew 28:19-20
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.

Acts 26:16-18
But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; 19 Delivering thee from the people, and [from] the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, 18 To open their eyes, [and] to turn [them] from darkness to light, and [from] the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 6:10-24, Isaiah 31-32
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Titus 1:1-16, Jeremiah 49
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 4:58am On Oct 02, 2016
Be Bold To Use His Name - Sunday, October 2nd

Pastor Chris

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name (Philippians 2:9).

It doesn’t matter what the condition is or the challenges that you might be facing; if you’d use the Name of Jesus, victory is assured. The Name of Jesus is superior to all other names. Sickness is a name; death is a name; poverty is a name; depression is a name, but the Name of Jesus is greater than them all. Use that name!

Colossians 3:17 tells us to do all things in word or deed in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ. The Name opens every door, and it’s been given to you to live by. You’ve been given the power of attorney to use the Name of Jesus.

Fear may attack you and try to hold you in bondage, but refuse to concede; use the Name of Jesus! Declare, “I refuse to fear, in Jesus’ Name!” All of God’s authority has been vested in that Name; use it against sickness, disease and death; use it against fear. We all can, and should, use the Name of Jesus. You need not fear any dangers at night or sudden attacks during the day, because we live in His Name.

In Acts 3, Peter and John met a man who couldn’t walk. The man was above forty years old, and had never walked from birth. Nobody ever told him it was possible for him to walk with his two legs. You can imagine that his limbs most certainly would have formed calluses from creeping all the time. But Peter, looking him straight in the eye, said, “…Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk” (Acts 3:6). And that was it! The hitherto crippled man sprang to his feet, walking, jumping, and praising God (Acts 3:7-cool.

It may be impossible for you to get out of that negative situation in your own name, but not in the Name of Jesus! In His Name, you can walk out of any trouble. The Name of Jesus is the Name you can trust; it’s the Name that never fails! Be bold to use His Name.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for giving me the power of attorney to use the matchless Name of Jesus to effect changes, and control circumstances. I walk in victory and dominion today and always, because I live in, and do all things through the power in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study:
Mark 16:17-18
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Acts 3:16
And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

Philippians 2:9-11
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of [things] in heaven, and [things] in earth, and [things] under the earth; 11 And [that] every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 1:1-30, Isaiah 33-34

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Titus 2:1-15, Jeremiah 50

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:59am On Oct 03, 2016
Trust Him For A Miracle -Monday, October 3rd .

Pastor Chris

God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will? (Hebrews 2:4).

The New Testament gives numerous accounts of the miracles Jesus did during His earthly ministry. John 2:23 tells us that many believed in Him when they saw the miracles He did. But there were also many in His day who didn’t believe in Him despite the miracles. It’s the same thing today; there’re some who say that miracles don’t exist; but theirs is a twisted opinion. Some of us have lived in, and experienced, the miraculous; we see, breathe, and experience miracles all the time.

The very idea of the existence of a God is to believe in the supernatural. If you don’t believe in miracles, then you don’t believe in God! A miracle is God’s supernatural intervention in the affairs of men. God is a Spirit, and He lives in the realm of the spirit. When you pray to Him, a God that you can’t see with your physical eyes, and He answers you from that realm of life, that’s a miracle. His answer to your prayers is His response, and that’s what changes things.

God doesn’t need to respond if you don’t need a miracle. You wouldn’t need Him to do for you what you can, and should do for yourself. For example, He doesn’t help you put on your clothes or shoes, or put food in your mouth; you can do all that by yourself and for yourself. If you’re thirsty for water, He doesn’t give you a drink. But if you don’t have access to the water, you can act your faith and He’ll grant you a miracle.

When you need a miracle, it means you need something that only God can do; the moment you act on the Word, He responds! He never fails to show up, as He always responds to faith. You can trust Him for a miracle for your health, finances, academics, job or business, and for your family.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:cool. If you accept and act on His Word as others did in Bible days, you’ll get the same results. This is what many are doing today, and experiencing His miracles.

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for your presence in my life, and your glory that fills my heart! Thank you for your mercies and blessings that I experience today and always. I celebrate your grace in my life, and the power to live the transcendent life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Mark 9:23
Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things [are] possible to him that believeth.

Jeremiah 32:27
Behold, I [am] the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

Luke 18:27
And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 2:1-18, Isaiah 35-37
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Titus 3:1-15, Jeremiah 51
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 12:15pm On Oct 04, 2016
Old Things Are Passed Away - Tuesday, October 4th .

Pastor Chris

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new (2 Corinthians 5:17).

When God looks at you, He sees that whatever might have been wrong in your life before you were born again is now passed away. You may not “feel” or think so, but that doesn’t negate His truth. Besides, that’s the reason He told you, because you couldn’t know any other way, except through the Word. So now, you’re to act on His Word.

If it’s true that old things are passed away, then it means you can’t have “inherited curses” or an inherited sickness or disease. There couldn’t be such a thing as a generational curse, because you’re a brand new species—one that never existed before. What if you were born with leukaemia or a heart condition?

Well, old things are passed away, and all things are now new. The eighteenth verse explains that all the new things are of God. Leukaemia isn’t of God! Heart condition isn’t of God! Therefore, you say, “I’m a new creation in Christ Jesus; I have a brand new life, free of sickness and disease.” You may still feel the symptoms in your body, but God says it’s passed away; so you keep affirming the Word. Keep declaring, “My body has become new. Christ lives in me now; He’s given me a new life that can’t be infected by sickness, disease and infirmities.”

The new creation is the new superman in Christ. You’ve been called to a life of glory. You’ve been separated from defeat, failure, poverty and a life of uncertainties into a life of victory, success, prosperity, hope and assurance. Meditate on this truth today: you’re of a special breed. You belong in a new class of beings—the new creation—infused with life and immortality; impregnable to infections, superior to Satan and the debilitating elements and rudiments of this world. Hallelujah!

Confession...
I thank you blessed Father, for giving me a brand new life in Christ. Everything about my life is infused with divinity and speaks of your glory. Eternal life, love, health, peace, joy, righteousness, prosperity; you’ve made all mine! Thank you for this extraordinary life of glory and excellence that I have in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Galatians 6:14-16
But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. 15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. 16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace [be] on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

John 1:12-13
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Romans 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 2:19-3:1-11, Isaiah 38-39

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Philemon 1:1-9, Jeremiah 52
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:50am On Oct 05, 2016
There’s Much More - Wednesday, October 5th .

Pastor Chris

And he brought us out from thence, that he might bring us in, to give us the land which he sware unto our fathers (Deuteronomy 6:23).

The construction in our opening verse is about one word—“purpose.” The reason for bringing them out was so He could bring them in! This is how He wants us to approach our salvation in Christ Jesus; He saved us (brought us out of sin), that He might bring us into our inheritance in Him; our place in Him. This mentality will make a huge difference in your life; it’ll completely change your destiny, and make it one of greatness only.

He didn’t just save us; He did it for a reason. The real message of Christianity isn’t just about the “saviour”—Jesus. Yes, He’s the Saviour, but He did much more than “saving us.” If “saving us” was all He came to do, that wouldn’t be Christianity. Being saved was a means to an end. Now that you’re saved, welcome to a new world, but it’s much more than that. He saved us so He could bring us into oneness with Himself; our place of righteousness, glory, greatness, dominion, and excellence.

Notice again His purpose for bringing them out of Egypt: it was to give them the land which he swore to their fathers; the land of their inheritance, and make them great as He said to Abraham. God had said to Abraham, “I’ll make a great nation of your descendants, I’ll bless you, and I’ll make your reputation great, so that you will be a blessing” (Genesis 12:2 ISV). But they had become slaves in Egypt; that wasn’t greatness. He delivered them so that His purpose for their lives would be realized; so they’d become the great ones that Hewanted them to be. As slaves, they couldn’t have the land; so He had to bring them into a place of liberty, to give them the land.

Jesus brought us out of sin and we might inherit His righteousness. He brought us out of death, pain and penury, that we might have life in abundance, live in prosperity, health, and wellness every day on this earth. Now we can help those who don’t know Him to discover His light, learn about Him and receive His righteousness. That’s why we’re His witnesses. He saved us and made us His partners in saving others. So, you see now that there’s much more to our salvation in Christ.

Confession...
Dear Father, I thank you for making me a representative of your heavenly kingdom here on earth. I make students of the nations, and I influence my world with the Gospel, saving the lost, and establishing your peace, righteousness, love, joy, health and prosperity in the lives of men, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Peter 2:9
But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Acts 26:16-18
But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; 17 Delivering thee from the people, and [from] the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, 18 To open their eyes, [and] to turn [them] from darkness to light, and [from] the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 3:12-4:1-3, Isaiah 40-41

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Philemon 1:10-25, Lamentations 1

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 4:25pm On Oct 06, 2016
Praise Him - Thursday, October 6th

Pastor Chris

And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them (Acts 16:25).

Something remarkable about the way Paul and Silas praised the Lord in Acts 16 was that they were exuberant in their praise and worship of the Lord. It was supposed to be for them a moment of gloom, loneliness and despondency, but rather than be overwhelmed with despair, they sang praises unto God. They didn’t just mutter songs quietly, fearful of the prison guards, they sang as loud as they could such that the prisoners heard them.

This is one of the faith-ways to respond in the face of contrary situations; you praise and worship the Lord exuberantly, knowing that in Him you’re more than a conqueror. If it seems as though you’re in the “darkest hour” of your life, don’t despair! Don’t try to remind God of the problem, no; praise Him! You might say, “But if I don’t tell Him my problems, He won’t know what’s on my mind”; you’re wrong. He knows everything, because He’s God.

Take your mind off the challenges and with a grateful heart, worship and extol His majesty; praise His Name, for He’s the healer, the provider, the supplier of all good things, and He’s greater than all. Adore Him for He’s great and greatly to be praised. Even now, irrespective of the situation, praise Him! Think about everything He’s done in your life! Think about His love, mercies, and grace towards you; think about His wonderful, glorious blessings in your life, and worship Him lavishly from your spirit.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I rejoice in you, for you’re the only true and wise God; the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords! Thank you for your goodness, kindness, love, and mercies towards me today. I praise you now and forever, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Hebrews 13:15
By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of [our] lips giving thanks to his name.

Psalm 28:7
The LORD [is] my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

Psalm 150:1-6
Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power. 2 Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness. 3 Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp. 4 Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs. 5 Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals. 6 Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 4:4-23, Isaiah 42-43

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 1:1-14, Lamentations 2

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:30am On Oct 07, 2016
There’re Higher Purposes Of Prayer - Friday, October 7th .

Pastor Chris

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints (Ephesians 6:18).

Our theme verse is quite profound. The Amplified translation makes it clearer; it says, “Pray at all times (on every occasion, in every season) in the Spirit, with all [manner of] prayer and entreaty….” Prayer is very important. Oftentimes, when we talk about prayer, what comes to people’s mind is asking God for things, making entreaties and requests; that’s all they’ve known about prayer. Yes, such a prayer has its place, where you make requests, but prayer has higher purposes than asking God for your needs.

Praying for material needs, that is, asking God for something for yourself is actually the lowest kind of prayer. When you pray like that, you’re praying at the babyhood stage; it’s the prayer of spiritual babies. Someone could pray, “Oh God, I need a job,” or “Lord, I need some money,” or “Dear Father, give me a car, a wife, a husband, a house etc.”; but that’s the lesser purpose of prayer.

There’re higher purposes of prayer. One of them is fellowshipping with the Father through the Spirit. Another higher purpose of prayer is the privilege to exercise our authority in Christ. There, you take your place of authority and cause things to happen within the ambits of the power given to you by Christ Jesus. Thirdly, prayer helps us to activate and walk in the consciousness of the divine presence. Fourthly, through prayer, we enforce the will of the Father in the earth.

Prayer is also the exercise of the human spirit. Now, you’d have to understand that there’re different kinds of prayer; there’s a kind of prayer that’s the exercise of the human spirit. Also, all the ones we already mentioned are covered by the different kinds of prayer. You can get and study our books on prayer: “PRAYING THE RIGHT WAY” and “HOW TO PRAY EFFECTIVELY” to learn more.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the revelation of your Word to me today, teaching me to pray accurately, in accordance with your Word. Thank you for showing me the right faith principles to apply for my prayers to produce the right results, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 John 5:14-15
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: 15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

1 Timothy 2:1-3
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, [and] giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2 For kings, and [for] all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 3 For this [is] good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Colossians 1:1-23, Isaiah 44-45

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 2:1-9, Lamentations 3

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by uvalued(m): 12:40am On Oct 09, 2016
Gombs:
There’re Higher Purposes Of Prayer - Friday, October 7th .

Pastor Chris

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints (Ephesians 6:18).

hmm reading from 6:17-18, in the greek, i got to understand that i deploy the sword which is rhema of God by means of praying in the spirit(tongues) grin grin..the greek is richer than english
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Saintzykie: 9:27am On Oct 09, 2016
uvalued:

hmm reading from 6:17-18, in the greek, i got to understand that i deploy the sword which is rhema of God by means of praying in the spirit(tongues) grin grin..the greek is richer than english
Where una dey get this greek version from?
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by uvalued(m): 2:26pm On Oct 09, 2016
Saintzykie:
lol pc study bible 5
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:17am On Oct 10, 2016
The Right Songs In Worship - Monday, October 10th .

Pastor Chris

But now bring me a minstrel. And it came to pass, when the minstrel played, that the hand of the LORD came upon him (2 Kings 3:15).

It’s so important to worship the Lord. Through worship, you set up an atmosphere for miracles in and around you, and create the right environment for the Spirit of God to operate. It may be with a song or a scripture; as you sing or declare it in worship, the presence of God can literally overwhelm your situation, resulting in a miracle. It’s one of the several reasons we make music unto the Lord.

The right spiritual song of worship can position you to hear from God. Once, Elisha was with three kings who came to him for counsel. But because he was offended at one of them, the king of Israel, and had responded to the king in anger, he couldn’t minister under the anointing (2 Kings 3:13-14). The kings wanted to receive the Word of God from him, but he couldn’t readily prophesy. So, what did he do? He said, “Bring me a musician.” The Bible says when the minstrel—the musician—played, the Spirit of the Lord came on Elisha, and he began to prophesy (2 Kings 3:15).

If you’ve been a Christian for so long, and you’ve never heard the Lord talk to you, this might be the missing link. You have a role to play. You need to position yourself to hear Him. You need to be free in His presence, not rigid, languid, dull or uninspiring; worship Him from your spirit, with the right songs, and before long, your spirit will make that divine contact with Him, and you can hear as He ministers to you. He’s a master communicator; He ministers to you even as you’re ministering to Him.

It’s not about singing “your best” song; it’s about singing the “right songs” for the move of the Spirit. There’s a time for your best song or your own song, but there’s also a time for the right song. So, in worshipping Him, you have to sing the right songs; songs that are inspired by the Word, not just any song. It’ll tune your spirit correctly and you’ll hear the voice of the Lord.

Prayer...
Dear Father, as I proclaim your Word in psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs and make melody in my heart to you, my spirit is attuned to receive divine revelations, counsel, direction and guidance, from the Holy Spirit. Thank you for the ministry of the Spirit in my life, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Chronicles 16:8-12
Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people. 9 Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him, talk ye of all his wondrous works. 10 Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD. 11 Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually. 12 Remember his marvellous works that he hath done, his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth;

Ephesians 5:18-20
And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; 19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; 20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

Psalms 66:1-4 NIV
Shout for joy to God, all the earth! 2 Sing the glory of his name; make his praise glorious. 3 Say to God, "How awesome are your deeds! So great is your power that your enemies cringe before you. 4 All the earth bows down to you; they sing praise to you, they sing the praises of your name."

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Colossians 3:1-4:1, Isaiah 50-51

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 3:12-19, Ezekiel 3
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:18am On Oct 10, 2016
Saintzykie:

Mysword Bible for android
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:55am On Oct 11, 2016
God’s Response To The Cry Of Humanity - Tuesday, October 11th .

Pastor Chris

And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men (Luke 2:13-14).

All around us, we see many whose stories depict frustration and despair, pain and poverty; they’re broken, displaced, and helpless. Some people see this terrible picture of the needy and ask, “Isn’t there a God? Couldn’t He have done something?” Yes, there’s a God; and He already did something.

First, He gave us the mind to think about such people, see the state they’re in, and then imbued us with the ability to pitch in and help. But you see, much greater than whatever help we could render is what He did in sending Jesus Christ to the world. Jesus is God’s answer to all of man’s challenges, the solution to every problem. Man needs much more than food, water, shelter, medicine and money; man needs divine life. And only Jesus gives that life. He said, “…I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full” (John 10:10 NIV).

Sometimes, you may think if someone had a lot of money, he’d be fine, but it’s not true. He may still be broken and in pain, even with all the wealth. Jesus said a man’s life doesn’t consist in the abundance of his possessions (Luke 12:15). Money doesn’t give life, joy, or peace; but Christ does. So, everyone needs Jesus; He’s God’s response to the cry of humanity. God knew that if He sent Jesus to the world, it would be the end of frustration, misery, sorrow, and darkness for anyone who believes.

This is the reason we preach and teach the Gospel all around the world, letting men know that it doesn’t matter what their case is; in Christ they have hope. In Christ they’ve been delivered; they have victory, glory, and life eternal. It makes no difference where they are in life, if they’d receive Christ, He’ll usher them into the transcendent life. In Christ, we’re more than conquerors.

Christ is the answer. He’s the solution that men seek. Get to know Him, and follow Him in the Word, through the Word, and by the Word; and your life will be excellent and full of glory.

Prayer..
Dear Father, I thank you for sending Jesus to the world as the answer to man’s cry for salvation, peace, prosperity, and wellness. My eyes are open to see those in need, and I thank you for making me your outstretched arm of blessing, and a minister of reconciliation, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 John 5:11-12
And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; [and] he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

1 John 4:9
In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

John 10:10 AMP
The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Colossians 4:2-18,Isaiah 52-53

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 4:1-16,Ezekiel 4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:37am On Oct 12, 2016
Maintaining Focus In Prayer - Wednesday, October 12th .

Pastor Chris

For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful (1 Corinthians 14:14).

One vital element of effective prayer is focusing your mind on what you’re praying about. Imagine that someone is praying for the salvation of souls in a particular region of the world. He’s interceding that, through the preaching and teaching of the Word, God’s righteousness would prevail in the towns, hinterlands, and cities without hindrance. While at it, his mind wanders away, and he’s thinking about some nice cars, houses or a meeting he’s scheduled with a friend. His prayer would hardly be effective that way, and this happens to a lot of people.

Focusing your mind, emotions and entire faculties on what you’re praying about is very important, and praying in the Spirit is a great advantage in this regard. When you pray in the Spirit, your spirit prays; your mind is unfruitful (1 Corinthians 14:14). Therefore, it’s important that you yield yourself to the Spirit by giving Him your mind—paying attention to Him as you pray. That way, you’ll be in sync with Him; His visions, promptings, ideas and thoughts will be clear to you.

Praying in the Spirit gets you synchronized with God’s will, His purpose, and timing. But your mind has a role in this; you must get your thoughts together as you pray in tongues. You might say, “As much as I try, I just can’t help it; my mind keeps drifting as I pray.” Maintaining focus in prayer is something you do consciously. Your mind is a tool. You’d have to discipline your mind to think in the direction of your prayers, and switch it back to that thing you’re praying about. If it wanders again, bring it back until your mind gets the message.

In prayer, arrest your mind; channel your thoughts and emotions in the direction of the Spirit, and you’ll receive the ministrations of the Holy Spirit.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the tremendous blessings and impact of speaking in other tongues. As I set my mind on the realities of your Kingdom and pray in the Spirit, I’m aligned and in sync with your will, purpose, and direction for me, fulfilling your perfect will and bringing you glory in all things, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Corinthians 14:14-15
For if I pray in an [unknown] tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. 15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

1 Corinthians 14:39 Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.

Jude 1:20
But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Thessalonians 1-2:1-16,
Isaiah 54-56

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 5:1-14, Ezekiel 5-6

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:33am On Oct 14, 2016
Words Mean Everything - Friday, October 14th

Pastor Chris

For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned (Matthew 12:37).

The greatest gift given to man in his natural life is the gift of words; the ability to express himself in words. It’s an extraordinary gift from God to human beings. Your inner personality comes out in words. Your words are important; words mean everything. Sadly, many haven’t realized this, and it’s the major reason they live ordinary lives here on earth.

Everything God gave us is activated through words. Our very salvation depends on words. You received salvation by words; you maintain salvation by words. Whether you live or die is dependent on your words. Whether you live in sickness or health, poverty or wealth, victory or defeat, depends on your words. The Lord gave you the ability to speak; to use your mouth to chart your course aright in life.

Your mouth wasn’t given to you primarily for eating and drinking and communicating with others; the primary function of your mouth and your tongue is to steer your life in God’s direction for you. Learn to talk right. Talking right means talking the Word only and always. It also means valuing what you say; learning to keep promises. Your words must have integrity; they must mean something to you.
There’re people who are careless with words. When they talk to you, they know their words don’t mean anything because they don’t plan to keep it. You must say what you mean, and mean what you say. Don’t speak idle, inoperative words. In Matthew 12:36, the Lord Jesus said, “But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.” God holds you accountable for the things you say.

Don’t make careless statements, for they’ll produce results for you.
One of the ways the world around you can see Jesus in you is through your character, which is often expressed in your words. Therefore, speak wholesome, gracious words every time and everywhere. Make it a conscious exercise to store God’s Word in your heart, for out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks (Matthew 12:34). As God’s Word dwells richly in your heart, you’ll develop and speak the right words; gracious and faith-filled words.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for showing me the importance and value of words. I live by your Word; therefore, my communication is modelled in line with your thoughts, precepts, and direction for my life. I speak faith-filled words always, knowing that my words are filled with power to transform my life and chart my course in victory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

James 3:2-6
For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same [is] a perfect man, [and] able also to bridle the whole body. 3 Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body. 4 Behold also the ships, which though [they be] so great, and [are] driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth. 5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth! 6 And the tongue [is] a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Thessalonians 4:1-18,
Isaiah 59-60

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 6:11-20,Ezekiel 8-9

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:23am On Oct 15, 2016
Hear And Think Right - Saturday, October 15th .

Pastor Chris

For as he (a man) thinketh in his heart, so is he… (Proverbs 23:7).

Change is something we all want, should have, and continually crave; change from glory to glory. Change, whether positive or negative, results from the words you pay attention to, and the thoughts they stir up in your heart. The Lord Jesus taught His disciples to hear and think right. In Mark 4:24, He said, “...Take heed what ye hear….” Then in Luke 8:18, He said, “Take heed therefore how ye hear….”

How you hear is as important as what you hear, because how you hear often determines your response and attitude, as well as the ability to appropriate the power of the words that come to you. Words make or mar. Our lives are influenced by words; the atmosphere in your home depends on the words that are spoken therein. Your relationships are built on words. Our lives are so dependent on words that, not only do they affect our attitudes, they also affect our health and living conditions.

Whether or not you’re living in faith or in fear is a function of what you hear. Faith comes by hearing God’s Word. God’s Word contains positive information that bolsters faith, while fear comes through negative information. Many today have become faint-hearted from listening to media reports on the deplorable state of the world’s economy. If only they’d turn their attention to the Lord and His infallible Word!

Job 22:29 says when men are cast down, then you shall say there’s lifting up. You’re in the world, but not of the world. Your prosperity and success are independent of the vagaries of nature, economics, and economies of this world. Have this consciousness. Think like a victor. Live as a champion. 1 John 4:4 says, “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.”

Believe and accept the integrity of God’s Word. Think the Word-way. God has given you His Word as the veritable agent to change and transform your life from glory to glory: “But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord” (2 Corinthians 3:18).

Confession...
The Word is growing mightily and prevailing in me; I’m making progress by the Word, heaping up success upon success. There’s prosperity, joy and increase in my life, and Christ is exalted and glorified in me today, in the Name of Jesus! Amen.

Further Study:
Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Thessalonians 5:1-28,
Isaiah 61-63

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 7:1-10,
Ezekiel 10-11
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:18am On Oct 16, 2016
Features Of Your New Nature - Sunday, October 16th

Pastor Chris

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law (Galatians 5:22-23).

A day-old child is as human as a ninety-year-old adult; but there’re characteristics of the human life that are yet to be developed in the child. Likewise, when you were born again, you were born with all the unique and distinct features of the recreated human spirit listed in our opening verse. Which means there’s love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance in your spirit.

As you study and live out the Word, these spiritual characteristics that are already in you will come to the fore; you’ll manifest them in greater measure. The forces of life are domiciled in your spirit, but you’ve got to cultivate them! God’s life, character, and nature are already in your spirit; but you must spend time to cultivate and nurture your spirit by learning and meditating on the Word. 1 Peter 2:2 says that you should desire the sincere milk of the Word that you may grow thereby.

Real spiritual maturity means that you’re bearing fruits of righteousness, and your fruits abide. It means the works of righteousness are being manifested in your words and actions. Train yourself to walk in love. Manifest and express joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness.

Notice that the Bible says, “…against such there is no law.” There’s no law or culture that’s against walking in love; love is generally accepted by all peoples of the earth. Likewise, there’s no law that says you shouldn’t be joyful, peaceful, patient, gentle, or kind. There’s no law that forbids faith, meekness or self-restraint. These are intrinsic features of the recreated human spirit; the unregenerate man doesn’t have them. Therefore, be free to lavishly express and manifest the characteristics of your new nature in Christ.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your life and nature in my spirit, and your grace that’s at work in me mightily to walk in your light and fulfil your desires at all times. As I meditate on the Word, the divine attributes of my spirit are nurtured and manifested through me to bless my world. I’m an embodiment of love, joy, peace, meekness, gentleness, goodness, faith and temperance, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Matthew 7:15-20
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither [can] a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Ephesians 4:21-24
If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Thessalonians 1:1-12, Isaiah 64-66

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 7:11-28, Ezekiel 12-13
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:11am On Oct 18, 2016
Train Yourself To Love - Tuesday, October 18th

Pastor Chris

Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law (Romans 13:10).

Everyone deserves and qualifies to be loved, including those you may perceive to be “your enemies.” Jesus said, “But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you” (Matthew 5:44). You don’t only love those who love you; you love everyone with the unconditional love of Christ.

All people are the same when it comes to love. Everyone has the capacity to give and receive love. Everyone wants to be loved, though not everyone wants to give it or respond to it. Love is the greatest power in the universe. It goes beyond cultural divides, religious barriers, ethnic differences, and social stratifications.

Train yourself to walk in love. It’s a conscious choice you have to make; it’ll transform your life. In John 13:34, Jesus said, “A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.” Tell yourself, “I’m going to walk in love, no matter what. I’m going to love others genuinely, even when their actions aren’t deserving of love.”

The Bible tells us that God demonstrated His love for us, while we were undeserving of kindness: “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:cool. We’re therefore to love like Him, as His beloved children: “Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling savour” (Ephesians 5:1-2).

To walk with God is to walk in love. 1 John 4:7-8 says, “Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.” Let your life be the out-shining of His love.

Confession...
My life is the expression of the love of the Father. I abound in love today, towards those in my world, and beyond, and declare that my heart is established, blameless and in holiness before the Lord, for His love is perfected in me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 13:35
By this shall all [men] know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

1 John 4:7-8
Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. 8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

1 Thessalonians 3:12-13
And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all [men], even as we [do] toward you: 13 To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Thessalonians 3:1-18, Jeremiah 3-4

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 9:1-10, Ezekiel 16
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:10am On Oct 19, 2016
God Is Love - , October 19th .

Pastor Chris

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love (1 John 4:7-cool.

Love is the totality of God’s nature. This is beyond someone having love in his m or the ability to love; it means that He’s love personified. God is love! And because He’s love, He doesn’t have the capacity to hate; it’s not possible for God to hate. Hate is of the darkness. God is light, and in Him, there’s no darkness at all (1 John 1:5). The Bible says, “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning” (James 1:17).

Someone may reference Romans 9:13 and ask, But didn’t God say, “...Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated?” (Read Malachi 1:2-3). This is where understanding the place of poetry and prophecy, and the dichotomy of expression in the Scriptures come in. The language of the Prophets in the Old Testament shouldn’t always be interpreted at face value; you’d have to look through the words of other Prophets to interpret them. You’d also have to judge their communication in line with the revelation of God that we see in the New Testament, in the person of Jesus.

God is love. When the Holy Spirit reveals God to you and you get to know Him, His love will dominate you. This is because the more you love Him, the more like Him you become. As you meditate on His love for you, you’ll find yourself demonstrating that same love in your life.

You’re a product of love. Let the love of God in your spirit dominate you. It’s something you do. The Bible says for us not to love only in words, but in deeds as well (1 John 3:18). Be like God whose essence is love, because as He is, so are you in this world.

Prayer....
The love of God is expressed through me today; my communication, actions, and all that emanate from me are expressions of the love-nature of Christ that’s in my spirit. I’m the embodiment and expression of the love of Christ. Hallelujah!

Further Study:
John 15:13
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

John 17:23
I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent , and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

1 John 4:16
And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Timothy 1:1-20, Jeremiah 5-6

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 9:11-28, Ezekiel 17
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:06am On Oct 20, 2016
You Have An Understanding Heart - Thursday, October 20th .

Pastor Chris

But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things (1 John 2:20).

Jesus said to His disciples, “…it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given” (Matthew 13:11). If you’re a child of God, it’s your divinely-given right and ability to understand the Scriptures. One of Satan’s strategies is to make God’s people assume that they don’t have an understanding of the Word, by throwing doubts in their minds. He lies to Christians like he tried with Jesus: “…If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread” (Matthew 4:3).

Satan tried to make Jesus believe that He wasn’t the Son of God. So he may say to you, “If you’re truly a Christian, how is it that you don’t understand the Scriptures?” Tell him, “Satan, I have an understanding heart; the Holy Spirit teaches methe Scriptures and helps me understand all things.” Refuse to accommodate Satan’s lies. Don’t give in to his deceptions. You have insight into mysteries and secrets by the Holy Spirit.

Recall in John 20:21-22, after the resurrection of Jesus, while His disciples were in a room, He came in among them and said to them, “…Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost.” By imparting them with the Holy Spirit, He opened their understanding to know and understand the Scriptures (Luke 24:45). That same Holy Spirit lives in you today, and teaches you the Word of God.

2 Timothy 1:7 says you have a sound mind; that means an understanding mind. Affirm what God has said concerning you, not the thoughts the devil tries to introduce to your mind. Acknowledge and accept that you’re sound, you have the mind-set and understanding of the righteous. You’re highly sagacious and perspicacious. You have extraordinary amplitude of comprehension by the Holy Spirit. Hallelujah!

Confession....
I’m born of the incorruptible seed of God which is the Word; therefore, I have understanding of the Word. I function in extraordinary wisdom—the wisdom of the righteous. My path in life is as the shining light that shines brighter and brighter unto the perfect day.

Further Study:
Matthew 13:10-11
And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

Luke 24:45
Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Timothy 2:1-15, Jeremiah 7-8

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 10:1-18, Ezekiel 18-19
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:30am On Oct 21, 2016
Give Honour To Whom It Is Due - Friday, October 21st .

Pastor Chris

Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promisewink That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth (Ephesians 6:1-3).

Primarily, honour means to show respect towards another. It means to give recognition to; to esteem. It also means to give preference. Our opening verse admonishes children to honour their parents. When you honour your parents, God says you’ll have a long and happy life. That means God’s going to specially preserve you in the earth, and see to it that you have a prosperous and glorious life.

There’re lots of people who’re looking for jobs, and not getting any, neither do they have the right ideas to start up their own business; things aren’t well with them. It’s possible they haven’t been honouring their parents or those whom God has placed over them.

You’re indebted to your parents and those who nurtured and brought you up in life. You owe them; and it’s a debt you’ll have to pay. 1 Timothy 5:4 AMP says, “But if a widow has children or grandchildren, see to it that these are first made to understand that it is their religious duty [to defray their natural obligation to those] at home, and make return to their parents or grandparents [for all their care by contributing to their maintenance], for this is acceptable in the sight of God.” The way to pay that debt is by honouring them, and giving back to them.

There’s, however, one more inclusion to this truth. In the New Testament, when God said for us to honour our parents, He wasn’t only referring to our physical parents, but also our spiritual parents. Your spiritual father or mother is the one who brings you up in the faith. The Bible says, “For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel” (1 Corinthians 4:15).

There’re those who start out well in Church and later become unruly in the house of God. They come to church whenever they wish, speak against the leadership in the most derogatory manner. Such people aren’t giving honour to whom honour is due. Honour those who have the rulership and authority over you. This is of utmost importance in the Kingdom of God, because your success and wellbeing are connected to this: “Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you” (Hebrews 13:17).

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for teaching me to esteem, honour, and show respect to those you’ve placed in positions to nurture and bring me up in the path of truth and righteousness. Thank you for your blessings in my life; I’m making progress from glory to glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Mark 12:14-17
And when they were come, they say unto him, Master, we know that thou art true, and carest for no man: for thou regardest not the person of men, but teachest the way of God in truth: Is it lawful to give tribute to Caesar, or not? 15 Shall we give, or shall we not give? But he, knowing their hypocrisy, said unto them, Why tempt ye me? bring me a penny, that I may see [it]. 16 And they brought [it]. And he saith unto them, Whose [is] this image and superscription? And they said unto him, Caesar's. 17 And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.

1 Timothy 5:4
But if any widow have children or nephews, let them learn first to shew piety at home, and to requite their parents: for that is good and acceptable before God.

1 Peter 2:17
Honour all [men]. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Timothy 3:1-16, Jeremiah 9-10

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 10:19-39, Ezekiel 20
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:26am On Oct 22, 2016
Your Words Rule Your Life - Saturday, October 22nd .

Pastor Chris

Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth (Proverbs 6:2).

There is a spiritual language for the Christian. That’s why, as a child of God, you ought to practice speaking the Word only, and always, because the supernatural life is based on your tongue. Your tongue rules your life. The Apostle James likened the tongue to the rudder of a great ship, which the captain uses to direct the ship wherever he wants (James 3:4-5).

In Matthew 12:36-37, Jesus said “But I say unto you, that every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the Day of Judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.” Literally, this means a man will go to heaven or hell because of his tongue-work; what he said or didn’t say. The Apostle Paul’s words on salvation in Romans 10:8-10 buttresses this: “…if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”

Your life is the character of your words. If a man’s words are confusing, his life will be confusing as well. In the same vein, if your words are wholesome, your life will be perfect, excellent, and inspiring. Proverbs 15:4 says, “A wholesome tongue is a tree of life….” Watch your words—your confessions—they control your future. Proverbs 12:18 says, “…the tongue of the wise is health.” You can keep yourself in health, peace and safety with your words.

Talk faith, success, and increase! 1 Peter 3:10 says, “For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile.” Keeping your lips from evil means keeping them from speaking fear, doubt, and unbelief. If you’ve found yourself in poverty, sickness, or anything that’s contrary to the good life that’s been given to you in Christ, it’s because you’re not using your mouth right. It’s time for you to change things.

The Bible says to let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom and spiritual understanding (Colossians 3:16). Fill your heart with God’s Word and let it come out of your mouth. With the Word in your mouth, you can frame or recreate your world. Keep talking the Word. Keep charting your victorious course through the power of your words.

Confession...
I have the tongue of the wise and learned; I’m cultured to speak faith-filled words that transform my life from glory to glory and change circumstances. I’m propelled in the direction of God’s perfect will and destiny for me, and declare that my future is secure in Christ! Blessed be God!

Further Study:
Psalm 34:12-13
What man [is he that] desireth life, [and] loveth [many] days, that he may see good? 13 Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.

Proverbs 18:21
Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Timothy 4:1-16, Jeremiah 11-12

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 11:1-16, Ezekiel 21
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:31am On Oct 23, 2016
Help Others - Sunday, October 23rd .

Pastor Chris

Don’t get tired of helping others. You will be rewarded when the time is right, if you don’t give up (Galatians 6:9 CEV).

Being prosperous means a lot more than amassing wealth for yourself; rather, it involves being able to help others. The reason God has blessed us is so we can serve Him and bless others. This is very clear when you read 2 Corinthians 9:8-9 (AMP). It says, “And God is able to make all grace (every favor and earthly blessing) come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need be self-sufficient [possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation]. As it is written, He [the benevolent person] scatters abroad; He gives to the poor; His deeds of justice and goodness and kindness and benevolence will go on and endure forever.”

True prosperity is looking out for opportunities to be a blessing to others. It’s finding joy and excitement in helping and extending love to others. A truly prosperous person is of a benevolent spirit; he’s quick to give, and derives joy in helping others become prosperous.

It makes no difference if you’ve had unpleasant experiences in trying to help others. Perhaps you’ve helped someone become successful who eventually turned against you; don’t become bitter. Keep up the good work, knowing that the Lord will reward your labour of love. Hebrews 6:10 says, “For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name….” Moreover, Jesus said, “But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil” (Luke 6:35).

Remain the helper and the giver. Remember, helping others is a gift; it’s a unique ability from God. And the Bible says, “...If you have the gift of helping others, do it with the strength that God supplies…” (1 Peter 4:11 CEV). As you help others, the Lord will keep increasing His grace on your life, for greater victories and successes.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for granting me the resources, ideas, insight and opportunities to reach out to others and be a blessing to my world. I’m wise and discerning, strengthened and enabled to lift others and help them succeed, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Hebrews 13:16
But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

2 Thessalonians 3:13
But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Timothy 5:1-25, Jeremiah 13-14

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 11:17-40, Ezekiel 22

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (108) (Reply)

A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them. / Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 246
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.