Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,759 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (249858 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:52am On Oct 24, 2016
Get His Latest Information -
Monday, October 24th 2016.

Pastor Chris

…I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them (Exodus 6:3).

One beautiful benefit derived from constant fellowship with the Lord is that you’re in sync with the Spirit; you’re updated with new and latest information from “headquarters.” Through fellowship, we receive ideas and strategies from the Father; we get to understand more, the things He wants us to do, and how to do them in accordance with His standards, desires, and perfect will.

You may be doing what God told you to do, but if you’re not in constant fellowship or communion with Him, you may be carrying out your assignment without the “Father’s latest information.” As you walk with Him, the exact knowledge of His will, His plans, purposes and intents become clearer to you.

Think about it this way: If you told someone to build you a house, and he comes up with a beautiful architectural design, because the house is yours, and you have and know the master plan, you could decide to make necessary changes. Even as the house is being built, every once in a while, there could be something new you want to add. You see, life is dynamic; our cities and societies are dynamic. You can’t say, “I created the design ten years ago, and that’s the way it’s going to stay;” no! There’re lots of changes and adjustments that’ll be necessary as you get along.

Human lives are that way. God builds Himself into us, and we’re His instruments for building our lives, and building the lives of others. We’ve got to be attuned to Him in fellowship to have the latest information. You need His latest information so you can build exactly as He wants.

For example, though Abraham, Isaac and Jacob knew God as El Shaddai, God introduced Himself to Moses as Jehovah in Exodus 6. At that moment, Moses had the latest information. But revelation has progressed even further; we don’t pray to the Father with the name “Jehovah,” neither do we cast out devils in the name of Jehovah; we use the Name of Jesus.

That’s latest information, different from Jehovah, El Shaddai or any of the other names by which God was introduced in the Old Testament. Today, the Father reveals Himself in His Son, Jesus; He’s wrapped Himself in Jesus: “For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell” (Colossians 1:19).

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you, for your Word is the most important source of knowledge. As I study the Word, my spirit is flooded with light to know and walk in your perfect will always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Chronicles 12:32
And of the children of Issachar, [which were men] that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do; the heads of them [were] two hundred; and all their brethren [were] at their commandment.

2 Peter 1:12
Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know [them], and be established in the present truth.

Colossians 1:9
For this cause we also, since the day we heard [it], do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Timothy 6:1-21, Jeremiah 15-16

_2-Year Bible Reading Plan_:
Hebrews 12:1-13, Ezekiel 23
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 1:08pm On Oct 25, 2016
Focus On What Really Matters - Tuesday, October 25th

Pastor Chris

I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance (Luke 15:7).

Living for Jesus Christ and making yourself His partner in building and transforming lives around the world is what counts the most in life. God did the ultimate: He gave His Son to die to bring us to Himself; to win us to Himself. So everything in your life—your thoughts, ideas, the excellence in your life—should be about soul-winning.

Many are concerned about the lesser things of life; but you must focus on the Gospel. True fulfilment and satisfaction in life is only derived from living for the Lord, fulfilling His dream. Many get carried away by their needs or their personal dreams; that’s wrong. Take your eyes off yourself; pursue and fulfil God’s dream. Live your life as an ambassador and steward of the mysteries of Christ; that’s what your life is for.

He already said all things are yours (1 Corinthians 3:21). In Matthew 6:25, 32, 33 He said, “Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seeksmiley for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”

Don’t major on the minors; fulfil God’s dream. Be passionate about soul-winning; commit your life and resources to it. As you saw in the preceding verses, God doesn’t want anything, including “your needs” (for you really don’t have any needs), to distract you from preaching the Gospel. That’s why He made all things yours and plugged you to an unending supply. So, focus on what really matters. Be a fervent, persistent and consistent soul winner.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I recognize myself as your partner in soul-winning, an ambassador of the Gospel and minister of reconciliation. I live to impact my world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, turning sinners from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God. I thank you for your grace at work in me to fulfil this glorious ministry, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Corinthians 4:1-2
Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God. 2 Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.

2 Corinthians 5:18-19
And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Timothy 1:1-18, Jeremiah 17-18

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 12:14-29, Ezekiel 24
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:27am On Oct 26, 2016
*Rhapsody Of Realities*
_Don’t Listen To Satan’s Lies_

Wednesday, October 26th .
Pastor Chris

```…He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it (John 8:44).```

You should never expect the devil to tell the truth about anything. The Bible says he speaks lies, because it’s not in him to tell the truth. Imagine he tries to put the thought in your mind that you’re not really born again or that you can never be a serious Christian. That shouldn’t get your attention, because he’s told you a lie.

Recall what he did to Jesus: God had just spoken out of heaven to Jesus at His baptism saying, “…This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased” (Matthew 3:17). Now, the voice was audible enough that Jesus and John the Baptist heard it; the angels and all demons heard it, yet Satan came to Him and said, “…If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread” (Matthew 4:3). Satan challenged what God said about Jesus in Matthew 3:17.

Something similar happened in the Book of Genesis. God had told Adam to tend and keep the Garden of Eden, but instructed that he could eat from any tree in the garden, except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. However, Satan deceived Eve and she ate the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. He said to her, “...God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil” (Genesis 3:5).

Satan knew what God had said to Adam, but challenged God’s instructions. That’s the way he is; he always talks against what God has said to you or about you. He could ask you, “If you’re truly saved, how come you don’t feel that way?” That’s him questioning what God said in Ephesians 2:8: “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God.” Your feeling wasn’t what got you saved. So, don’t listen to his lies.

Satan will always tell you that you’re not righteous; you’re not healed; you’re not a child of God; but don’t listen to his lies. Resist him with the Word, and he’ll flee.

*CONFESSION*
_I’m not ignorant of the devices of the devil. I stand firm on God’s Word of righteousness, victory, and love today, and always, delighting myself in the Lord. Hallelujah._

*Further Study:*

*|| Revelation 12:9-10 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. 10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. ||*

*|| 1 Peter 5:8-9 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. ||*

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Timothy 2:1-26,
Jeremiah 19-22

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 13:1-25,
Ezekiel 25-26
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:53am On Oct 27, 2016
Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional

Don’t Complain… Act On The Word - Thursday, October 27th

Pastor Chris

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God (Philippians 4:6).

Oftentimes, you’ll find certain people whose everyday life is filled with pain, discouragement and defeat. You’d expect such folks to be quick to accept help at the slightest opportunity; but they’d rather gripe and whine about the difficulties they’re going through. We find a typical example with a certain man Jesus encountered at the pool of Bethesda. He had suffered a paralytic condition for thirty-eight long years.

Though Jesus knew the man had been sick for so long, He still asked him, “Do you want to get well?” The man didn’t answer the question, but got defensive and started complaining about how he had been abandoned by everyone, with no one to help him into the pool every time the angel stirred the water. He didn’t ask Jesus for help either; he ignored the important question and griped about the situation.

That’s the way some people are; they complain to God about their problems, blaming others and society for the challenges they’re going through, instead of acting on the Word. The Bible says, “…count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations” (James 1:2). Romans 8:35-37 says, “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword?...Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.”

When you face challenges, don’t cry. Stand your ground in faith. Keep affirming the Word, knowing that greater is He that’s in you, than he that’s in the world. Refuse to be discouraged by the enormity of the problem. The greater the trouble, the greater the glory that’ll be manifested. This is the reality. You’re greater than the challenges you face. Hallelujah.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I’m confident and grateful for the life of victory you’ve called me into. All things work together for my good, including the challenges and troubles that I face; they work for me a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory. Therefore, now and always, my heart is filled with joy unspeakable, and full of glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose.

James 1:22-25
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth [therein], he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

2 Corinthians 4:17-18
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding [and] eternal weight of glory; 18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen [are] temporal; but the things which are not seen [are] eternal.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Timothy 3:1-17, Jeremiah 23-25

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: James 1:1-27, Ezekiel 27
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:57am On Oct 28, 2016
Be Clothed With Humility - Friday, October 28th

Pastor Chris

Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble (1 Peter 5:5).

As you study God’s Word, you’ll discover the kind of life God wants you to live and how He wants you to live it. He sent Jesus to the world to be our perfect example. How did Jesus live? He was clothed with humility. The Bible says, “…he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. wherefore God also hath highly exalted Him …” (Philippians 2:8-9).

Notice the underlined phrase in the foregoing scripture; it shows that if you humble yourself, God will exalt you. There’s no need for you to keep trying or striving to exalt yourself; just be humble. True humility is submitting yourself to the authority, influence, and impact of God’s Word. True humility is receiving the Word into your heart and acting accordingly, making definite changes in your character and attitude with, and through the Word.

For example, if you were in a church service listening to the Word of God, how do you respond? Do you receive it into your heart, or do you wish that the person who has offended you was listening? Don’t be that way; a sign of humility is for you to always receive the Word for yourself, to change your life from glory to glory.

Emulate the humility of Christ and others given to us in the Scriptures who walked in excellent humility of heart. David is such an example. Even when Saul sought to kill him, and he had the opportunity to revenge against Saul, David rather put the Word to work. He said, “...The LORD forbid that I should do this thing unto my master, the LORD’s anointed, to stretch forth mine hand against him, seeing he is the anointed of the LORD” (1 Samuel 24:6).

No wonder God described him as “...a man after my own heart” (Acts 13:22). What an honour to be described this way by God almighty! In your life, eschew pride and arrogance. Be clothed with humility, and God will surely promote and exalt you.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for teaching me your Word, and showing me the essence of humility, a glorious quality that attracts divine favour and promotion. I walk in love and submissiveness to the Word today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Proverbs 29:23
A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.

James 4:6
But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Timothy 4:1-22, Jeremiah 26-28

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: James 2:1-26, Ezekiel 28
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:45am On Oct 29, 2016
Using The Name Of Jesus: A Matter Of Authority - Saturday, October 29th .

Pastor Chris

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth (Philippians 2:10).

Ephesians 1:21 talks about the resurrected Christ, and lets us know that He’s set in the heavenly places, “Far above all rule and authority and power and dominion and every name that is named [above every title that can be conferred], not only in this age {and} in this world, but also in the age {and} the world which are to come” (AMP). Here, the word “rule” means two things: first, it means the authority that governs; and secondly, it means the decrees by which it governs. It refers to rulership and its rules. Meaning that it doesn’t matter what rule has been made, Jesus is far above all rule. He’s set, not just above, or near above, but FAR above all rule, authority, power, and dominion. Hallelujah!

Therefore, when you use the Name of Jesus, there’s no room for doubt. God didn’t even say to use the Name only if you have faith. When it comes to using the Name of Jesus, it’s a matter of authority and not of faith. Think about this: While controlling the traffic, the officer doesn’t need any faith when he motions to the vehicles to stop. The faith that put him in office in the first place is all that he needed. And the Bible says, “...God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith” (Romans 12:3).

All the faith you needed to come into Christ Jesus has been dealt to you. Now you have authority over every demon of darkness. You don’t need somebody to help you cast the devil out today. In Matthew 17:5, we read God’s testimony of Jesus; He said, “…This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.” This was addressed to everything that has intelligence, living and non-living things. God commanded them to hear and obey Jesus.

The same decree was given concerning you the day you were born again. All of nature, angels, demons etc., have been commanded to hear and obey when you speak, because you stand and speak in the authority of Jesus. When you make decrees or entreaties in the Name of Jesus, it’s as though Jesus Himself were speaking. Therefore, be bold to use the Name of Jesus authoritatively, to control the circumstances of your existence and tame the forces of nature.

Prayer...
Precious Father, I thank you for the privilege and authority to use the Name of Jesus. I live in and by His Name, doing things in the power of that Name. I walk in victory, dominion, and righteousness, making progress from glory to glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 14:12-14
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do [it].

Mark 16:17-18
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Titus 1-2, Jeremiah 29-30

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: James 3:1-18, Ezekiel 29
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 11:28am On Oct 31, 2016
Loving Jesus - Monday, October 31st .

Pastor Chris

If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha (1 Corinthians 16:22).

The Lord Jesus said, “If ye love me, keep my commandments” (John 14:15), meaning that the proof of your love for Him is keeping His Word. Furthermore, our opening verse says anyone who doesn’t love the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be “anathema” (accursed). Loving Jesus isn’t debatable or negotiable; it’s not subject to the power of choice. It’s something you’re required to do.

Jesus is the crown of heaven, and the joy of the whole earth. Everything in the universe revolves around Him. He’s the embodiment and fullest revelation of God’s love! The Father has expressed Himself and His love in Jesus. There’s no better way for the Father to prove His love and manifest Himself to man outside of Jesus! Jesus is the joy of the Father’s heart. All that God does is wrapped around Him. This is the reason you must love Jesus with all your heart. Someone might want to ask, “But how can I love Him, when I can’t see Him physically?”

He already said it: “If you love me, keep my Word!” So, it’s through the Word. He rules our hearts and lives through His Word. Loving Him is loving the Word, living according to His Word. Someone once said, “I believe in God, and I love God, but I don’t believe in Jesus.” That’s a contradiction, because the Bible says, “Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: but he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also” (1 John 2:23). If you love the Father, you must love the Son also.

Your proof of love for God is demonstrated in your love for Jesus. And there’s no better way to prove your love for the Master than to do His Word. Your love for Him should be expressed in your worship and in your actions as well. Your love for Him should be the greatest attraction, and the distinguishing attribute in your life.

Prayer...
Precious Lord Jesus, I love you; thank you for all you’ve done for me. I appreciate and celebrate your glory in my life; thank you for giving me eternal life, and for loving me with such endearing and everlasting love. You’re my everything; you alone are worthy of all praise, glory, honour and adoration, forever and ever. Amen.

Further Study:
John 14:21-23
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. 22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world? 23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Philemon 1:1-25, Jeremiah 33

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: James 5:1-20, Ezekiel 31
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:35am On Nov 01, 2016
God’s Word: The Material For Your Blessing - Tuesday, November 1st .

Pastor Chris

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves…But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed (James 1:22-25).

The Word of God can be trusted; its integrity is unquestionable. When God wants to do something new in your life, He gives you His Word; He brings that thing (whatever it is), into your life through words; through His message to you. His Word is His material for blessing you. It behooves you, therefore, to get the Word into your spirit; trust and live in the Word.

When He wanted to launch Abraham to a new level in his life, it was through words. He said to him, “Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee” (Genesis 17:5). In the mind of God, Abraham being the father of many nations was a done deal. Though Abraham had no physical children at the time, as far as God was concerned, he was already a father of many, through words.

Until Abraham connected with God’s Word, he couldn’t walk in the blessings thereof. Being the father of many nations was God’s destiny for him; a destiny created through God’s Word. There’re people who aren’t walking in God’s destiny for their lives because they aren’t living out the Word. Don’t assume that as long as God has given a word concerning you, it’ll come to pass; you have a role to play. You must believe and act on the Word. You must connect to, and align yourself with His message to you to experience the blessings thereof.

The Bible says, “Can two walk together, except they be agreed?” (Amos 3:3). You have to walk and agree with God for His blessings, His truth, His Word, His will and purpose to be fulfilled in your life. You have to work out your own salvation with godly reverence (Philippians 2:12). It’s the doer, not the hearer of the Word, that’s blessed. Read the opening scripture again.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for giving me your Word to live by and use in altering the circumstances of life and to align with your perfect will and destiny for me. Your Word produces in and for me what it talks about, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
James 2:17-23
Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. 18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. 19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. 20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? 22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? 23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 1, Jeremiah 34-35

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Peter 1:1-12, Ezekiel 32

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 2:41pm On Nov 02, 2016
Three Important Elements Of Prayer - Wednesday, November 2nd

Pastor Chris

Pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17).

Prayer is an important aspect of who we are as Christians; it’s our priestly ministry to pray. Jesus said, “…men ought always to pray, and not to faint” (Luke 18:1). Oftentimes, people go through difficulties in their lives and don’t know what to do. Not many know how to pray the right way. God told us to pray, not for praying sake, but because He planned to answer. In addition, there’re vital rules and elements of prayer that, if and when clearly understood and applied, would make your prayers more effective.

One of the elements of prayer is praying in the Name of Jesus. Jesus gave us the power of attorney to use His Name, which means when we pray, we’re standing in His stead: “…Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you” (John 16:23). You’re to live in the Name of Jesus; function in His place, with His authority, and in His character. What a thought! Colossians 3:17 says, “…whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks....” When you pray, it carries the same power and authority as though Jesus Himself were the one speaking.

The second important element of prayer is that we pray in the authority of the Word of God, and the revelation and insight given to us by the Word of God. This means our faith must be based on what God’s Word says, because if God’s Word covers whatever we’re praying about, then we can be sure to receive answers, because we’re asking in line with His Word. Faith is based on the Word. True faith is only imparted by the Word. Romans 10:17 declares that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word.

The third element is that we pray by the power of the Holy Spirit. Some Christians pray and nothing happens because the words spoken aren’t inspired and communicated by the power of the Holy Spirit. You have to pray always by the Holy Spirit; the words have to be energized, communicated, inspired, and anointed by the Holy Ghost. That’s what makes the difference.

When you study the Book of Acts, you’ll find that the apostles took advantage of these three elements of prayer: the Name of Jesus, the Word of God and the power of the Holy Spirit. No wonder they had such extraordinary results, and a marvelous impact with the Gospel.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the privilege and honour to pray in the Name of Jesus, the glory of praying in the authority of your Word, and the extraordinary benefit of praying in the power of the Spirit. I receive answers when I pray, because the Holy Spirit guides me in prayer; nothing is impossible to me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 15:16
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and [that] your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

John 15:7
If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

James 5:16-17 AMP
Confess to one another therefore your faults (your slips, your false steps, your offenses, your sins) and pray [also] for one another, that you may be healed and restored [to a spiritual tone of mind and heart]. The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working]. 17 Elijah was a human being with a nature such as we have [with feelings, affections, and a constitution like ours]; and he prayed earnestly for it not to rain, and no rain fell on the earth for three years and six months.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 2, Jeremiah 36-37

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Peter 1:13-25, Ezekiel 33

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 1:54pm On Nov 03, 2016
Express Your Love For The Holy Spirit - Thursday, November 3rd

Pastor Chris

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever (John 14:16).

The most important thing for us as Christians is our fellowship with the Holy Spirit. Many of us would do just about anything to prove our love
for Jesus. Some might even say, “If I could see Jesus right now, I’ll embrace Him; I’ll fall at His feet and lick the dust.” Well, you might as well do all of that for the Holy Spirit, because He’s just like Jesus and He’s here with us.

Since you love Jesus so much, and will do anything for Him, then go ahead and express that love for the Holy Spirit. We don’t have anything less than the disciples who were with Jesus in Bible days. We’ve got the same presence of God that they had in the person of the Holy Spirit. Until and unless that becomes a present-hour consciousness to you, your Christianity would be a form of religion. You’ve got to recognize the Holy Spirit as not only a real person, but also the very essence of the Christ.

In other words, without the Holy Spirit, there would have been no Christ; Jesus wouldn’t be all that He was. Everything you love about Jesus wouldn’t be there; the God-expression that you found in Jesus, that gave you love for Jesus is all in the Holy Spirit. Everything you’d ever want in Jesus, admire, and love in Jesus is in the Holy Spirit.

The Lord Jesus is now in heaven; the Holy Spirit is here with us and the beautiful thing about it is that we can have Him anywhere and everywhere. The disciples couldn’t take Jesus home with them; they were with Him in their waking hours, in their work hours, but when He was gone, they had to welcome the Holy Spirit. They knew the Holy Spirit came to take the place of the ascended Christ. So, they didn’t miss Jesus, because the Holy Spirit was with them. They loved the Holy Spirit and walked with Him as they did Jesus.

So, be conscious of the Holy Spirit’s presence in you; Christianity without the Holy Spirit is religion. No wonder Jesus said in John 14:16-17: “And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.”

Prayer...
Dear Holy Spirit, I thank you for your presence in my life. I love and cherish you with all my heart. You’re everything to me; you’re my Comforter, Helper, Counsellor, Advocate, Strengthener, Intercessor, and Standby. I thank you for your ability and wisdom at work in me; my life is fully yielded to you, to be used for your glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study

John 14:25-26
These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 15:26
But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:7
Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan
Hebrews 3 Jeremiah 38-40

2-Year Bible Reading Plan
1 Peter 2:1-12 Ezekiel 34
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:49am On Nov 05, 2016
Your Response Is Important - Saturday, November 5th .

Pastor Chris

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ (Ephesians 1:3).

Our opening verse is an affirmation of what has already been done for you in Christ! You’ve been blessed with all spiritual blessings, and by extension, all physical blessings as well, because the lesser is included in the greater. Now, in spite of this divine truth, the experience of many is at variance with what God has said in His Word, and it’s largely because they’re yet to give the Word the right and required response.

Even if Jesus appeared to you, or God sent His angel, telling you that you’ve been blessed, if you don’t respond to Him, you’ll miss the blessing. You might say, “If it’s God, I’ll definitely walk in the blessings,” no; that’s not the way it works. You have a part to play; you’ve got to respond by affirming the same thing with Him in consent, and walk accordingly.

Jesus said in Revelation 3:20, “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.” What if the man doesn’t respond by opening the door? He’ll simply go away! So, just because God has said something to you doesn’t mean it’s going to come to pass; you’re the one to make it come to pass through your faith-response.

The Word of God that produces blessings for you is the one you put to work in your personal life. It’s akin to how you received salvation. Jesus already paid the price and saved everyone in the world. But then, the Bible says, “…if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved” (Romans 10:9).

From God’s point of view, legally, everyone in the world has already been saved, following the substitutionary work of Christ on the cross for all men. However, until and unless, the sinner responds by believing in Jesus Christ, and confessing His Lordship, he’ll not be catapulted into the vital aspect of his salvation. Your response to the Word matters. The Bible says He has said, so that we might boldly say… (Hebrews 13:5,6).

Confession...
My spirit responds to the Word, and my faith produces the desired results. I walk in divine health, victory, dominion, and in the power of the Spirit today. Hallelujah!

Further Study:
2 Corinthians 4:13
We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 4:14-5:1-10, Jeremiah 44-47

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Peter 3:1-12, Ezekiel 36
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by namo77: 2:59am On Nov 06, 2016
Glory!

Get rhema from Pastor Chris on Rhapsody of Realities daily articles on your phone.

Text RORWORD to 33140. N50 per week.

Glory!
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:36am On Nov 06, 2016
Nothing Can Stop You - Sunday, November 6th

Pastor Chris

Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth (Mark 9:23).

Man, through human wisdom, has accomplished quite a lot. You may have seen roads created in places where there were massive rocks and hills, just because a man came up with the vision and had others who shared his vision. The moment he conceived in his mind to do it, there was no such thing as impossible. No wonder the Lord Jesus said all things are possible to him that believes. If mere men could do so much, you can imagine how much more God’s people could do through the Word of God, and the power of the Holy Spirit.

Your ability and potentials as a child of God are limitless. God can, and wants to do so much for you, and through you. There’s no such thing as too old, or too young, if the Word of God is in you. The Word is dateless. If you’d yield to the Holy Spirit, allowing His Word to dominate you, you could determine the extent of your success and nothing in this world can stop you. Just proclaim where you’re going and continue to use the Word to enlighten and enlarge your vision, and the Word will propel you to victory and success.

1 John 4:4 says greater is He that’s in you than he that’s in the world. When you keep the Word in you, it’ll prevail over circumstances. It doesn’t matter what’s in front of you; you could be facing political, financial and/or intellectual opposition; refuse to be daunted. Close your eyes and say, “In the Name of Jesus, I prevail over circumstances!” Say it every day and refuse to doubt.

Refuse to give up the visions and pictures of success the Word has created in your spirit, because they’re born of God and therefore will surely come to pass. The Bible says whatsoever is born of God, overcomes the world (1 John 5:4). Can you see why it’s impossible for you to fail? Nothing can stop you, because you’re born of God! Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Precious Father, I thank you for opening my eyes to see the limitless opportunities that abound for me in your Word. You’ve brought me into a life of continuous victory; nothing can put me down, because I walk in the light of my victory over the world, the devil and the circumstances of life, in Jesus’ mighty Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Matthew 17:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Acts 19:20
So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 5:11-6:1-20, Jeremiah 48-49

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Peter 3:13-22, Ezekiel 37

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 11:07am On Nov 07, 2016
Acquire Spiritual Knowledge - Monday, November 7th .

Pastor Chris

Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord… (Hosea 6:3).

Consider the Lord’s loving admonition and invitation in Isaiah 1:19 TLB: “If you will only let me help you, if you will only obey, then I will make you rich!” Many don’t know this, and as a result, haven’t consciously given the Lord the chance to help them; no wonder they live in defeat, poverty, sickness, and penury.

Let this loving admonition and invitation of the Father resonate in your heart today. The King James Version says, “If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land.” We already fulfilled the act of obedience when we made Jesus Lord of our lives. No wonder He calls us obedient children (1 Peter 1:14). Now, you’re to live in God’s Word; not to obey, but to do the Word. If you do the Word, you’ll eat the good of the land.

The Bible says the earth is full of the goodness of the Lord (Psalm 33:5). Therefore, affirm that the lines are fallen unto you in pleasant places; you have a goodly heritage (Psalms 16:6). Believe, declare, and act on the Word.

God said, “My people are destroyed for the lack of knowledge...” (Hosea 4:6). Notice that He didn’t say, “Sinners are destroyed for lack of knowledge”; rather, He said, “My people…,” that means Christians. God’s own people are crushed, oppressed, made victims in life not because they lack the knowledge of economics, government, physics or theology; no! It’s because they lack revelation knowledge or spiritual knowledge of God’s Word.

When revelation knowledge comes into your spirit, it enlightens you and catapults you to a higher realm of life. Go for the Word.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I rejoice, because you’ve granted me such an awesome inheritance in Christ, bequeathing unto me an awesome heritage! Every day, I bring honour and glory to you, for making me a partaker of the glorious inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Acts 20:32
And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

2 Timothy 3:15-17
And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Romans 1:16-17
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 7, Jeremiah 50-51
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Peter 4:1-19, Ezekiel 38
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:38am On Nov 08, 2016
You’re An Overcomer - Tuesday, November 8th .

Pastor Chris

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4).

You’re a victor in Christ Jesus; you were born that way. Refuse to allow the circumstances of life get you to think otherwise. You’re born of God, and have therefore overcome the world and its systems: “For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith” (1 John 5:4). Through faith you have overcome the world!

What is faith? It’s the evidence of unseen realities. While others may not see you as an overcomer, you know you are, because you’re born of God; your evidence is the infallible Word of God. The Spirit of God also bears you witness that you’re an overcomer! Have, and live with this confidence. Anything that hails, proceeds or originates from God is an overcomer.

The Word of God proceeds and originates from God, which means the Word is an overcomer. So, what are you supposed to do when you face life’s adversities, negative situations such as cancer, infirmities, diseases, death, barrenness, or joblessness? Release the Word; it’ll of a necessity overcome the situation! The Word of God on your lips will destroy diseases, barrenness, and death; it’ll get you a job and change your financial situation.

Get piloted on the Word; begin to fly on the Word; move by the Word. The Word of God can’t be stopped. Remember, they buried Jesus—the Word—in the grave for three days, but He came out of that grave. Hallelujah! The Word is unstoppable. It’ll destroy all barriers. It’ll go anywhere and penetrate any nation, condition or circumstance.

As a new creation, you’re not an ordinary being. You’re born of the Word of God and that makes you the Word of God in flesh. Therefore, keep manifesting the glory of God and expressing His righteousness everywhere. Praise God!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I live in, by, and through your Word; your Word pilots me and has lifted me above the confusion and the failure that work in this world. I live a life of success, health, prosperity, victory, and glory. The life of Christ in me makes me triumphant. I’m making progress from glory to glory, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Corinthians 15:57
But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 2:14
Now thanks [be] unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

Romans 8:35-36
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? [shall] tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 8, Jeremiah 52

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Peter 5:1-14, Ezekiel 39
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:22am On Nov 09, 2016
Beholding Yourself In Him - Wednesday, November 9th

Pastor Chris

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord (2 Corinthians 3:18).

“Glass” as used in the verse above is the Greek “katoptrizomai” and it means to mirror oneself. The Word of God is the mirror of God that reflects the real you, and that real you is the glory of God. This is what Paul explains by the Spirit; he says we’re transformed into what we see as we study and meditate on the Word.

The glory of the Word is an ever-increasing glory. The NIV says, “And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.” As you look, you see more glory; and the result is that you become the image (the “more glory”) that you see. Hallelujah.

James 1:23 says, “For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass.” Your job is to keep beholding (looking) at the glory of God in a mirror. Hold that mirror before you all the time, and surely, the Word will cause a transformation in your life. It’ll change your state and install you in your “estate.”

This is what you need, if you’ve been trying to break certain unwholesome habits. Don’t say, “I’m working on changing,” no; don’t work on changing; just do what God says, and the change will take place. Keep studying and meditating on the Word and you’ll be metamorphosed—changed—from glory to glory; it’s an extraordinary ministry of the Word of God in our spirits.

The more you behold Him in the Word, the more you see that you’re exactly like Him. No wonder He tells us, “…as He is, so are we in this world” (1 John 4:17). Use the mirror of God every day. Look at yourself in the Word and see yourself in Him.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the ministry of your Word in my life. As I contemplate your Word today, your glory and power are revealed and released in my spirit. I’m transfigured from glory to glory, in ever-increasing splendour, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Corinthians 3:18 AMP
And all of us, as with unveiled face, [because we] continued to behold [in the Word of God] as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another; [for this comes] from the Lord [Who is] the Spirit.

Joshua 1:8
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 9:1-10, Lamentations 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Peter 1:1-12, Ezekiel 40
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:27am On Nov 12, 2016
Principles, Relationships And Actions - Saturday, November 12th

Pastor Chris

I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way, which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye (Psalm 32:cool.

The human spirit or person is influenced by three important factors: principles, relationships, and actions. These three control your plans, purposes, and pursuits in life. A principle is a moral rule, belief or an assumption that controls, influences or explains personal conduct or the behaviour of a society. It explains how or why something works or happens the way it does. It’s also a basic theory or truth; an idea that forms the basis for anything.

Individuals, families, and even societies can have their own principles, which they created consciously or unconsciously for themselves. These are principles they formed through certain beliefs, ideas, and assumptions in their heads. There’re certain people who, for example, say that they don’t believe in God; they’re living according to a particular principle or thought; an idea in their minds. Now, whether that idea is right or wrong isn’t what we’re dealing with, but the fact that that principle is what orders, controls and influences their lives.

The second factor is relationships. There’re different kinds of relationships: biological, geographical, emotional, spiritual. These forms of relationships have something to do with your life. The family you come from, your neighbours, friends, and colleagues; your interaction with them every day has some influence on your life. Your friends—those that make you happy or sad—have an influence on your life. Then your spiritual relationships: your relationship with God, the devil, demons, angels, fellow Christians, and even with those who don’t know God; they all exercise certain spiritual influence on your life, positively or negatively.

The third is your actions. Every action has consequences, and many don’t realize this. The important thing about your actions isn’t about now; it’s about the ripple effect they’ll have on the rest of your life. Your present actions, most certainly, have already affected your tomorrow, whether or not you realize it.

Have a good understanding of these three factors, and channel them in the right direction for your benefit, so that you’ll live by the right principles, have the right relationships, take the right actions, and become all that God wants you to be. Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for the instructiveness of your Word. I’m guided aright by your Word, as I meditate on it. I observe and actualize Word-based principles in my life. I engage in the right relationships, and my actions are always in accordance with your Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Timothy 4:15-16
Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. 16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

Psalms 1:1-5
Blessed [is] the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2 But his delight [is] in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. 4 The ungodly [are] not so: but [are] like the chaff which the wind driveth away. 5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 10:19-39,
Ezekiel 3-4

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Peter 3:1-18,
Ezekiel 43
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:27am On Nov 12, 2016
Good to be back cool
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by tip999: 12:31pm On Nov 12, 2016
Gombs:
Good to be back cool
Yes thanks for your faithfulness, being blessed a lot.

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:23am On Nov 13, 2016
tip999:

Yes thanks for your faithfulness, being blessed a lot.

Thanks alot
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:24am On Nov 13, 2016
The Word And You - Sunday, November 13th

Pastor Chris

For with God nothing is ever impossible and no word from God shall be without power or impossible of fulfillment (Luke 1:37 AMP).

God’s Word is full of power, and that power is real and available to us. However, the way to make contact with that power and use it to your benefit is walking in the Word. Some people think that God makes a choice and says, “I want to bless this person and not the other one. I want to heal this one and not the other; I want to make this person a success, and not this other person.” But that’s not the way God is.

John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” God loves everybody, including sinners who don’t know Him. He sent Jesus to die for everybody. The salvation that Jesus brought is for everybody. In the mind of God, the whole world has been saved, but not everybody is experiencing the vital benefits of salvation. However, with regard to the salvation of the world, God already did all that’s necessary.

The missing link for many is how to make that which God has given to them—that which He’s already done—not only available, but a vital experience in their personal lives. How can you make contact with the power He’s made available to you? How do you make His Word effective in the “now” of your life? Yes, Jesus died for you, was raised from the dead, and He’s alive today, but what does that mean to you personally? How can He be shown and proved to be alive in your life, in your heart, in your home, and in your circumstances twenty-four hours a day?

The answer is simple: walk in the Word. Accept and trust the Word of God in its simplicity. When you hear or study the Word as it pertains to the new creation in Christ, personalize it, because that’s God talking to you. Seize what He’s made available; take a hold of it, and make it personal to you; arrest and take possession of the Word. Apprehend it; run with it; use it; live by it! That’s what God wants you to do with His Word.

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for your Word that dwells richly in my heart and for its power to produce a transformation in my life! My heart and mind are open to receive that personal Word of power, victory and triumph; I’m yielded to your Word, for it puts me over and causes me to excel in all that I do, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

Colossians 3:16
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 11:1-16,Ezekiel 5-7

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 John 1:1-10,Ezekiel 44
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:31am On Nov 14, 2016
Transmit Love - Monday, November 14th .

Pastor Chris

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another (John 13:34).

We’re in the last days, and it’s our discovery, and expression of the love of Christ that’ll usher us into that place where we’ll be ready for the King’s expected return. That’s what’s going to get us prepared for the rapture of the Church, and take us to the highest level of His grace. The earlier you make that discovery, the better. There’re no two ways about it: you have to walk in love.

A good number of Christians don’t know what it is to walk in love. It’s amazing how people carry out ministry for Christ without knowing that love is truly all that matters. It makes no difference what you do for the Lord; if it’s not from a heart of love, it’s useless. Be love-inspired all the time. Speak the love-language. Transmit love through your words and actions.

Galatians 6:7 says, “Be not deceived; God is not mocked….” Someone may deceive himself and pretend to be walking in love, but the Bible says God searches the heart. He sees your heart; and He knows whether or not you’re motivated by love or by selfishness. One sure way you can measure your love-walk is from your tongue—your communication. James explained thus: “My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation. For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body” (James 3:1-2).

Tame your tongue to be gracious, and affectionate. Be inspiring in your communication. Let people remember you for how glorious, inspired, and strengthened you made them feel from the words they received from you. Your words locate you. They determine whether you’ve discovered His love.

It doesn’t really matter what anybody thinks about you or what you say or think about yourself; what matters most are the words that come out of your mouth every day, irrespective of who you’re talking to: God, men, yourself, circumstances or nature. Be sure that your words and actions transmit the love of God that’s in your heart.

Prayer....
Dear Father, I thank you for giving me the ability to speak and express the God-life through my words and actions. My life is the daily expression and manifestation of divine love. You’ve anointed my mind to think and express your grace and love, guiding me to speak gracious and life-giving words only, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 5:5
And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

1 Corinthians 13:8 CEV
Love never fails! Everyone who prophesies will stop, and unknown languages will no longer be spoken. All that we know will be forgotten.

1 John 5:2-3
By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 11:17-40,
Ezekiel 8-10

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 John 2:1-14,
Ezekiel 45
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:31am On Nov 16, 2016
Stand Strong In “The Evil Day” - Wednesday, November 16th

Pastor Chris

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand (Ephesians 6:13).

The Apostle Paul tells us in Ephesians 5:16 that the days are evil: “Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.” It’s like saying the influence of each day in the world is satanic, but God expects us to master each day and walk in the dominion of the Spirit. Now, that’s a generic statement. On the other hand, I’ll like you to notice the specificity in the admonition in our opening verse. It refers to “the evil day.” This is different. Here, he lays emphasis on a specific day of trouble. It’s the day when trouble strikes.

Can such a day be anticipated and nipped in the bud? Emphatically, yes! Through the guidance of the Word and the Holy Spirit in your life, you’ll always be victorious in the day of trouble. You don’t have to dread “the evil day”; if you do what you’re supposed to do before it comes, you’ll be unperturbed and unruffled; you’ll remain standing. It’s no use praying and crying to God to protect you from the evil day. He already told you what to do: put on the whole armour of God!

Don’t wait until the evil day comes to put them on; keep them on always, so that in the day of adversity, you’ll come out unscathed; you’ll be victorious. Some people are unable to withstand the pressure and terror of the adversary, because they’re not putting on the whole armour of God. They’re unprepared in the day of trouble. Refuse to be caught unawares.

You’ve already been told how to resist and prevail against the wiles and onslaught of the evil one. So, act on the Word: Stand firm with the belt of truth buckled around your waist! Have on the breastplate of righteousness. Have your feet fitted and ready to proclaim the Gospel of peace. Above all, take the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God (Ephesians 6:14-17).

God’s Word is the solution, answer, ability, and empowerment that you need in the day of trouble. Therefore, take your study and meditation on the Word seriously. Respond always with the Word and you’ll forever be victorious.

Confession.....
Dear Father, your Word prevails in me and puts me over always. I triumph gloriously over the adversary and all adversities by the power of your Word, through which I totally discomfit, render inoperative and ineffective, the wiles, and machinations of the enemy, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Corinthians 2:14
Now thanks [be] unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

2 Corinthians 10:4-5
(For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holdswink 5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 12:14-29,
Ezekiel 13-15

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 John 3:1-12,
Ezekiel 47

EXTRACT FROM: Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:11am On Nov 17, 2016
Frame Your Life And Thinking With The Word - Thursday, November 17th .

Pastor Chris

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16).

The Word is profitable to change your way of thinking. This is what the Lord wants. He desires to change your opinion about Him, about other people, about the world, your perception about life, and even about yourself. He wants you to think right all the time. If you had fear in your life, for example, He wants you to replace it with faith, boldness, and confidence. 2 Timothy 1:7 says, “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”

The Word is the solution for every problem; therefore, you must trust the integrity of God’s Word. God has given you the Scriptures to keep you on the right path, the path of His glory and righteousness. He’s given you His Word to use in navigating your way through life, in victory and success. Isaiah 30:21 says, “And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.” He seeks to change your mindset, the way you reason, and keep you in the path of His glorious destiny for you, through His Word.

Romans 12:2 says, “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” One of the ways to change your thinking, and ultimately your life from glory to glory is through meditation. As you meditate on the Word, your life is programmed for success, and your thinking is elevated to God’s level. That’s because the Word has a ministry in your life. The Word helps you frame your life and thinking in line with the perfect will of God.

1 Timothy 4:15 says, “Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.” As you yield to the Word and let it have power in your life, you’ll experience greater transformation—increased glory, excellence and beauties of the Spirit in your life.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for your Word that transforms my life and renews my thinking. As I meditate on your Word today, my heart is filled with excellent thoughts of victory and dominion, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Ephesians 3:20
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 13, Ezekiel 16

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 John 3:13-24, Ezekiel 48
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:45am On Nov 18, 2016
The Ministry Of The Word And The Spirit In The Church - Friday, November 18th

Pastor Chris

Teach me good judgment and knowledge: for I have believed thy commandments (Psalm 119:66).

There’re things people do that put them in bondage, and destroy the works of their hands, unbeknownst to them. In Matthew 22:29, Jesus said “…Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.” One of such errors you must avoid is treating Church services lightly. You must make it a priority to attend church services and meetings consistently, and make it a habit to be punctual. Abhor lateness. Just as you’d strive and make all the efforts to be at work early, and be on time for your regular appointments, be even more committed to be early to church.

The different activities that make up the church service were designed for your spiritual growth, comfort, and edification. By being present, you make the corporate ministry of the Word and the ministry of the Holy Spirit available to yourself. In church, the Holy Spirit brings you knowledge, understanding, and sound judgment.

If for any reason you’re not going to be able to make it for a service in your local church, find out about the possibility of online attendance, so you can participate from wherever you are. The Church is the ground and pillar of truth; it’s the place where you’re taught God’s Word and thoroughly equipped to live the authentic christian life, and carry out your evangelical work effectively. It’s the place where you’re taught how to use the Word, live in the Word, live by the Word, and live through the Word.

The Psalmist said in Psalm 119:66, “Teach me good judgment and knowledge: for I have believed thy commandments.” In other words, “Teach me how to say what I should say, when to say it, and to say it rightly.” This can only come as you yield yourself to the ministry of the Word and the Holy Spirit, and being in church gives you such an opportunity. Through the ministry of the Word and the Spirit in the church, you receive divine counsel and sound doctrine that help you live victoriously.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for teaching me sound judgment through your Word. I’m delighted to belong in a local assembly, where I’m taught the Word, equipped, trained, nurtured, built and edified for victorious living, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Ephesians 4:11-13
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Luke 4:16
And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Matthew 16:18
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: James 1, Ezekiel 17-19

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 John 4:1-14, Daniel 1-2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:18am On Nov 19, 2016
We’re Spiritual Sportsmen-Saturday, November 19th .

Pastor Chris

And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ (Ephesians 4:11-13).

Sportsmen know the importance of having a good coach; the value of being trained by the best, to be the best. Many Christians don’t realize that they’re spiritual sportsmen. The Bible says that we’re running a race, likening us to sportsmen: “Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain” (1 Corinthians 9:24).

Also, in 1 Corinthians 9:26 (TLB), Paul, by the Spirit, writes: “…I fight to win. I’m not just shadow-boxing or playing around.” Did you notice that? We’re not shadow-boxing; we’re actually in the ring. We’re sportsmen for the Lord, and sportsmen need seasoned coaches to put them through.

Can you see why being a member of a local assembly can’t be overemphasized? It shouldn’t be seen or taken as another routine; no! We learnt about that in our previous study. The church is a place of worship, where we assemble to be blessed, refreshed, strengthened, and energized for victory by God’s Spirit. We come to church to learn the Word of God, to be trained, and to be coached.

Notice our opening verses one more time. It says God gave the ministry gifts, the five-fold offices, for the edification and equipping of the Church, for the perfecting of the saints, and for the work of the ministry. This will go on until we all come to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto perfection, and unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ. That’s where He’s taking us. That’s the reason for the coaching, the spiritual training that we’re receiving through the Spirit.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for the Church of the living God, the ground and pillar of truth, where I’m trained in God’s Word. I’m a sportsman, equipped for the work of the ministry; I wax stronger, greater and more effective in the ministry of the Gospel, to the glory and praise of your Name, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Luke 4:16
And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

1 Corinthians 9:25-27 AMP
Now every athlete who goes into training conducts himself temperately and restricts himself in all things. They do it to win a wreath that will soon wither, but we [do it to receive a crown of eternal blessedness] that cannot wither. 26 Therefore I do not run uncertainly (without definite aim). I do not box like one beating the air and striking without an adversary. 27 But [like a boxer] I buffet my body [handle it roughly, discipline it by hardships] and subdue it, for fear that after proclaiming to others the Gospel and things pertaining to it, I myself should become unfit [not stand the test, be unapproved and rejected as a counterfeit].

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: James 2-3:1-13, Ezekiel 20-21

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 John 4:15-21, Daniel 3-4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:09am On Nov 20, 2016
He’s Given You All Things…Including Himself - Sunday, November 20th

Pastor Chris

Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours (1 Corinthians 3:21).

Romans 6:23 says, “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” That’s a fundamental truth of the Gospel: the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ! However, as you get higher in the understanding of the Gospel, you’d discover that Jesus really doesn’t stand away and give you eternal life; He’s Himself eternal life. In giving you eternal life, He actually gave you Himself. Hallelujah.

No wonder, the Apostle Paul, by the Spirit, said, “...all things are yours” (1 Corinthians 3:21). That’s because all things are in Christ, and He’s in you. Therefore, all things are yours, things present and things to come. He couldn’t see anything that wasn’t already yours. The day you come to terms with the fact that all things are yours, it’ll change your thinking and prayer life. You’d stop asking God for things. If it’s true that all things are yours (and it’s true), what then could you possibly be asking for?

Stop praying and asking God for healing; take divine health, for it’s yours in Christ Jesus. If all things are yours because Christ is in you, it means that divine health is already yours; you don’t have to pray or ask for what’s already yours. What you do is to acknowledge what belongs to you (Philemon 1:6); claim ownership of it in your words and actions. That’s how to walk in the Word and in the Spirit; affirming the Word in faith, irrespective and independent of circumstances.

Now, you can understand why the Lord Jesus said, “...Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on” (Luke 12:22). He’s your source and your sufficiency. In Him, you have all things. Refuse to be conscious of lack, because in reality, there’s nothing you don’t have. Christ is in you, and Christ is everything. Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for giving me all things in Christ Jesus. I cast all my cares upon you and lay all burdens down at your feet! I rejoice, knowing that all my needs are met, because Christ is my source and my sufficiency! He’s my all; in Him I have all I require for life and godliness; all I require to live triumphantly and please Him in the life of righteousness. Hallelujah.

Further Study:
2 Peter 1:3
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that [pertain] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Colossians 1:27
To whom God would make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

1 John 5:11-12
And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; [and] he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: James 3:14-4:1-12, Ezekiel 22-23

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 John 5:1-21, Daniel 5-6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 3:03pm On Nov 21, 2016
Speaking The Truth In Your Heart - Monday, November 21st .

Pastor Chris

LORD, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill? He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart (Psalm 15:1-2).

If you’re going to walk in the glory of God and have His grace and power manifested in your life, the Word says you must walk uprightly, work righteousness, and speak the truth in your heart. Now, what does it mean to speak the truth in your heart? This is where a lot of people miss it. They don’t have a problem walking uprightly; they don’t have a problem working righteousness, that is, doing right, but then they have a problem with “speaking the truth in their heart.”

Notice that the psalmist didn’t say, “He that…speaketh the truth to his neighbor”; no! I‘m aware that a few translations render it in a way that seems to suggest that it should read “speaking the truth to someone else,” but when you study it from the original Hebrew rendering, you’ll observe it has nothing to do with talking with somebody else. The Amplified Version renders it clearly: “He who walks with integrity and strength of character, and works righteousness, And speaks and holds truth in his heart.”

Did you notice that? It’s dealing with speaking and holding the truth in your heart, and what does that mean? It means meditation: speaking and thinking the truth in your own heart. That’s meditating on God’s Word. If you’re going to walk in the glory and anointing of the Spirit; if you’re going to see the power of God manifested in your spirit and in your life, you have to speak the Word. You have to give vent and expression to the Word. The Word of God in your mouth is God talking; it’s a prevailing force that can’t be stopped.

1 Timothy 4:15 says to meditate and give yourself wholly to the Word; hold the truth of God’s Word in your heart; don’t let it go. Refuse to be swayed by circumstances, and your success, victory, progress and prosperity will be inevitably evident, and unstoppable.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for your Word is in my heart and in my mouth. As I meditate and give it voice, I experience progress, promotion, expansion, and spreading on every side. I’m on an upward and forward journey only. Your glory, grace, and power are manifested in my life and in all I do, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Timothy 4:15 NKJV
Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all.

Joshua 1:8
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: James 4:13-5:1-20, Ezekiel 24-26

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 John, Daniel 7-8
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:47am On Nov 22, 2016
Walking In Love Is Walking In The Glory - Tuesday, November 22nd

Pastor Chris

Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled (Hebrews 12:15).

In Exodus 23:25-26, God made certain promises to the children of Israel, who were God’s chosen people of the old covenant. He told them: “And ye shall serve the Lord your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee. There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfill.”

God didn’t say to them, “After you’ve prayed or fasted, I’ll bless your bread and your water; and I’ll take sickness away from you”; no! The only requirement was for them to serve the Lord, and the blessing will follow: there’d be no sickness in their midst. There wouldn’t be any miscarriages; neither would there be barren women in their land. He’d make sure the women carry their pregnancies full term, and the people lived healthy and strong, full and complete lives. How awesome!

It’s the same today. Ours is to walk in love. Jesus said to His disciples in John 13:34, “A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.” Sadly, many ignore this truth, and allow bitterness to take a hold of their hearts. It accounts for the terrible experiences of many, such as debilitating sicknesses that defy all medications. Bitterness, anger, and malice are some of the most common causes of cancer. To walk in divine health, such unwholesome traits must not be a part of your life.

You’re born to love. Love is your life. The Bible says the love of God is shed abroad in your heart by the Holy Spirit. Walking in love isn’t a commandment for you as a new creation in Christ Jesus, but the only way for you to live. God is love (1 John 4:16 & 18); thus, to walk in love is to walk in God. No sickness, disease, or infirmity can thrive in your body, because you’re in the glory of God! Walking in love is walking in the glory.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the revelation of your love to my spirit, and the ability to express and manifest your love to others. You’ve made my life so beautiful, decorating it with your grace, love and righteousness. Thank you for your glory in my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Corinthians 13:1-8 NIV
If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

John 13:35
By this shall all [men] know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Peter 1:1-21, Ezekiel 27-28

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 3 John, Daniel 9-10

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:44am On Nov 23, 2016
Settle It With The Lord First - Wednesday, November 23

Pastor Chris

...The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much (James 5:16).

A dear brother learnt about exercising spiritual authority and decided to act his faith. It had been cloudy and a downpour was imminent. Stepping out of his home, he commanded the rain to hold its peace. But soon enough, the rain started pouring down. He commanded the rain to cease, but the more he issued those commands, the heavier the downpour, and the more he got drenched.

He had read that Elijah stopped the rains from falling for three and half years (1 Kings 17), and so he thought, “If Elijah could do that, why couldn’t I?” But there’s something the young man didn’t understand.

If you only studied 1 Kings 17, you might run off with the view that Elijah merely proclaimed that there would be no rain, stormed out of Ahab’s palace, and the clouds were shut. James 5:17 shows us there was something more: “...he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months.” Before Elijah declared that there’d be no rain, he had already settled the matter with God. He had prevailed with God in prayer in his closet; it was an argumentative prayer, because it isn’t man’s jurisdiction to stop or cause rain to fall.

Jesus made it clear in Matthew 5:45 that sending down rain is solely God’s domain: “That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.” What Elijah did was to bring his strong reasons before the Lord in prayer, and the Lord granted his request.

This is what you do when dealing with cases, situations or issues outside your personal territory or jurisdiction. You must first prevail in prayer. There must first be moments of intense, heartfelt, earnest prayer, supplication, intercession, and giving of thanks. Such prayer, the Bible says, makes tremendous power available, dynamic in its working (James 5:16 AMP).

Confession...
Blessed heavenly Father, it gladdens my heart to know I can set forth and plead my case with you, in earnest, heartfelt, continued prayer, and prevail against unfavourable circumstances. Thank you, Lord, for this awesome privilege, and the right to be heard each time I make decrees and entreaties in the Name of Jesus. Glory to your Name forever!

Further Study:
Isaiah 1:18
Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Isaiah 43:26
Put me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest be justified.

Isaiah 38:1-2
In those days was Hezekiah sick unto death. And Isaiah the prophet the son of Amoz came unto him, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Set thine house in order: for thou shalt die, and not live. 2 Then Hezekiah turned his face toward the wall, and prayed unto the LORD,

1-year Bible Reading Plan
1 Peter 1:22-2:1-25 Ezekiel 29-30

2-Year Bible Reading Plan
Jude 1:1-11 Daniel 11-12
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:53am On Nov 24, 2016
Know The Word For Yourself - Thursday, November 24th

Pastor Chris

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15).

2 Timothy 3:16 says all Scripture is given by inspiration of God, which means in studying the Bible, you must first yield to the guidance of the Holy Spirit. You shouldn’t study the Scriptures the way you would an academic journal or a textbook. When you study, you have to cross-reference scriptures, and rely on the Holy Spirit to grant you understanding.

Part of the ministry of the Spirit in your life is to grant you revelation knowledge of the Word; He grants you insight into the secrets and mysteries of the Kingdom. He teaches you the Word. Therefore, relying on Him, and affirming that He’s with you to teach you and unveil the Word to you as you study, is very important.

Furthermore, be sure to have a good study Bible. Not every Bible is a study Bible. A study Bible has cross-references. There, you’d find different terms, words, phrases or sentences that are related in different parts of the scriptures. The Rhapsody of Realities Devotional Study Bible, for example, has cross references, with inspiring articles that’ll aid your study and understanding of the Word. You can order a copy by visiting www.rhapsodybible.org

Until and unless you know the Word for yourself, you’re going to be a victim in life. In Hosea 4:6, God didn’t say, “My people perish because they don’t pray enough, go to church, or are always doing the wrong thing”; no! Rather, He said, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge….” He wasn’t talking about knowledge of science or history either; He was referring to the knowledge of the Word.

It’s important that you apply the Word in your own life. However, to apply it, first, you must know it. That’s why He wants you to study. You can be a success, live victoriously, walk in divine health, and win every day. Refuse to be ignorant. Give yourself to the Word and your success, progress and prosperity will be inevitable.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word which illuminates my path and causes me to walk in your wisdom. By your Spirit, the eyes of my understanding are enlightened, and my mind is renewed in line with your Word, for progress, increase, prosperity, and victory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Hosea 6:3
Then shall we know, [if] we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter [and] former rain unto the earth.

1 Timothy 4:15-16
Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. 16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Peter 3, Ezekiel 31-32

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Jude 1:12-25, Hosea 1-2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:48am On Nov 25, 2016
Understanding The Scriptures - Friday, November 25th .

Pastor Chris

Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures (Luke 24:45).

Many read the Bible but don’t understand the message of the Scriptures. The Bible contains the Word of God. It’s God’s testimony on what He said, what men said, what the devils said, what angels said, and what Jesus said. This means everything therein must be understood as to who’s talking and what the context of their speech or writing entails. It’s God’s testimony on the origin, life and destiny of man, spirits and their environments.

For example, in studying the Bible about the early Church in the New Testament, it’s important to notice the period of growth that the early Church went through. The disciples didn’t know everything at once in the early Church. When you study the first fifteen chapters of the book of Acts, the Church at the time didn’t quite believe that the non-Jews were supposed to be in Christ. It was in the fifteenth chapter that they had a debate, a serious one, and Peter had to explain it to them, while James supported with scripture references (Acts 15:6-29).

Therefore, when you’re studying the Bible, you should understand the thinking and culture of the people and writer at the time of writing. For instance, some of the teachings of Jesus in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John weren’t meant for the new creation. Some of those teachings aren’t for Christians to live by; they were for the Jewish mind; not for those who have received eternal life. He said to His disciples on one occasion, “How come you don’t have any faith?” (Mark 4:40). You can’t read that and think to yourself, “O, perhaps the reason things aren’t working out for me is that I don’t have any faith.” That’ll be a wrong assumption because there’s no Christian who doesn’t have faith. The Bible says, “…God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith” (Romans 12:3). It was possible for those that lived under the Old Testament to not have any faith, because they weren’t born again. They were people of the senses, who lived under the Law, and faith isn’t of the senses but of the Spirit. But everyone among us in Christ was given the measure of faith.

Study the Scriptures with spiritual understanding and you’ll have a deeper insight into the past, present and future of God’s plans and purpose for the Church, for you, and for the world.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for granting me an understanding of the Scriptures and making me wise unto salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. I’m so privileged to be graced with the ability to understand the mysteries of the Kingdom. Thank you, precious Holy Spirit, for teaching me all things, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Matthew 13:11
He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

John 14:26
But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Peter 4, Ezekiel 33-34

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 1:1-20, Hosea 3-4

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 256
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.