Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Emotional Stress - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Emotional Stress (940 Views)

Six Old Ways You Can Woo A Lady Of Your Choice Without Much Stress. / Why Are Women So Emotional? / Is It Bad For A Man To Be Emotional? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emotional Stress by Flawless(f): 1:31am On Feb 07, 2010
There is this guy that I met in 2008,we never really got serious then, just hello friends for about a year. In 2009 he asked me out, never really wanted to say yes to his request but 2 of my friends persuaded  me to say yes since ve been single for a very long time and am not getting younger. Anyway, couple of weeks into our relationship I noticed he was acting strange, he refused to call me or pick my calls etc. After some days he picked my call when I called him with a private number. When I accused him,  he said something negative happened to him and he thing I brought that to him (bad luck) was really upset cos I knw dat I dnt hve any bad, am a devoted christian. Anyway to cut the long story short he apologised and I forgave him. However this has been the cycle, one minute he is lovey duvey the next he is back to avoiding me. I told him ve had enough of him stressing me emotionally so I ended everything, although he said he wants us to remain friends but I just can't stand him cos he is not a nice person. Do you think we should remain friends?
Re: Emotional Stress by Nobody: 1:50am On Feb 07, 2010
Well if you are not comfortable then No. Im sorry you went through that mind-game hell called relationship sad
Re: Emotional Stress by TwigBoy: 1:54am On Feb 07, 2010
if he don enter dat promise land with you and him character change suddenly, e dey very clear say he don chop and he wan clean mouth, he want make una b friends abi, no wahala, wetin him wan tell u b say, he wan change cloth and he go prefer a fitted style, finish, no go worry omoboy cos him na player,

my advice 4u bi say, next time shine ur eye, cos boyz koko dey hot wella and dem no mind promise u heaven and earth, once dem chop, omo contract go expire, including me ooo, i dey do am wella, i no go lie u, so no vex my sister, take heart.
Re: Emotional Stress by Tatase(f): 1:57am On Feb 07, 2010
No I don't think you should remain friends. What a game player!! Just be like "ok yeah whatever" to his request to stay friends, but don't talk to him anymore, YOU don't take his calls, block him on IM, and don't hang out with him. And also stop letting your friends convince you to go out with guys when your gut feeling says not to.
Re: Emotional Stress by TwigBoy: 2:08am On Feb 07, 2010
Tatase:

No I don't think you should remain friends. What a game player!! Just be like "ok yeah whatever" to his request to stay friends, but don't talk to him anymore, YOU don't take his calls, block him on IM, and don't hang out with him. And also stop letting your friends convince you to go out with guys when your gut feeling says not to.
exactly, una c as @tatase package the english version, gud, i 4get 2 tell her say, y her friends go dey tell her who 2 follow, c as dem help her mis package her life, na wa 4 friends self ooo.
Re: Emotional Stress by VGA: 2:11am On Feb 07, 2010
Flawless:

There is this guy that I met in 2008,we never really got serious then, just hello friends for about a year. In 2009 he asked me out, never really wanted to say yes to his request but 2 of my friends persuaded me to say yes since ve been single for a very long time and am not getting younger. Anyway, couple of weeks into our relationship I noticed he was acting strange, he refused to call me or pick my calls etc. After some days he picked my call when I called him with a private number. When I accused him, he told said something negative happened to him and he thing I brought that to him (bad luck) was really upset cos I knw dat I dnt hve any bad, am a devoted christian. Anyway to cut the long story short he apologised and I forgave him. However this has been the cycle, one minute he is lovey duvey the next he is back to avoiding me. I told him ve had enough of him stressing me emotionally so I ended everything, although he said he wants us to remain friends but I[b] just can't stand him cos he is not a nice person[/b]. Do you think we should remain friends?

woman don't like mr nice guy
Re: Emotional Stress by Tinksh(f): 7:31am On Feb 07, 2010
Some of us do!!!
Re: Emotional Stress by H2O2: 9:21am On Feb 07, 2010
I believe this man is toying with your emotions and being manipulative. Maybe he feels he's found a good woman but still wants to eat the crumbs outside before venturing into something meaningful with him. Put your foot staunchly on the ground and make it known to him that you will not wait around for him or accept his indecisiveness. Sounds like you care for him, but that's no reason to let a man turn you into an emotional wreck. There are men out there that I'm sure can treat you better and are ready for what you have to offer.
Re: Emotional Stress by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 07, 2010
Make a clean break, and move on.

Best of luck for the future.
Re: Emotional Stress by amuki: 11:35am On Feb 07, 2010
If you ask me I will say you entered with d wrong purpose,'marriage' just because of what ur friends think.Some friends are just not good enough.One of my friends nearly made me quit d University just because I had carryover in some courses!Remember you are responsible 4 ur actions.What if u had found out b4 marriage nko.Girl just thank God 4 d revelation and , RUN.
Re: Emotional Stress by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 07, 2010
women and their silly mind!!!!!!
here is what you wrote:
I told him ve had enough of him stressing me emotionally so I ended everything, although he said he wants us to remain friends but I just can't stand him cos he is not a nice person.

now explain to me on what basis would you want to stay friend with such a person?

you lack backbone girl, thats also why your 2 friends could make you date someone that you were not really feeling. if you got any emotional stress from this episode then you brought on to yourself and you are the one to blame for it.
Re: Emotional Stress by amuki: 2:04pm On Feb 07, 2010
@ MrBrownJay Gbam,Perhaps that's why they are called d weaker intimacy.Probably she thinks her clock is ticking fast and it might take a long time to hookup again.Half bread is better than non mentality forgeting that u end up marrying ur friend or someone close to u.Baby u still dey wait 4 opinion?
'pours icewater on her head,wakeup'.
Re: Emotional Stress by petersecur: 2:19pm On Feb 07, 2010
There is No need to remain friends, Breaking a Love Ones heart and telling her we can still be friends, is Like when Your dog is dying, and Your Mother says, don't worry You can still Keep it, How can You keep a dead Dog? Love is a Journey and Not a destination, maybe both of you have reach Ur destination's, so call it Quit my dear and Move On.
Re: Emotional Stress by Wislet(f): 2:39pm On Feb 07, 2010
What more needs to be said?
To everything said so far,
GBAM!!!
Re: Emotional Stress by Princess20: 5:54pm On Feb 07, 2010
girl u knw wot? jst take a clean break, no frndship even if its platonic, no 4rm of communicatn wotsoeva, he hs done more harm dan gud so y continue?> Dnt allow ur frnds / pple arnd u influence ur decisns/ manipulate u nxt time and den rememba God's time is d best, dnt because of ur age play into devil's hand, u are Special and Unique so dnt settle 4 less
Re: Emotional Stress by Flawless(f): 7:41pm On Feb 07, 2010
Thanks everyone, for your kind and honest advice. I knw my decision was right jst wnt 2 be sure. There is no point staying friends with someone that treated me like that. I hve never felt like that in a relationship, Everything jst make think that if a christian cld treat a christian like that, Am not a bad person am not saying am perfect but I believe he took advantage of kind and gentle nature. Thanks everyone once again for your inputs!
Re: Emotional Stress by Flawless(f): 7:51pm On Feb 07, 2010
Thanks everyone, for your kind and honest advice. I knw my decision was right jst wnt 2 be sure. There is no point staying friends with someone that treated me like that. I hve never felt like that in a relationship. The experience jst make wonder if a christian could treat a christian like that, what should I/we expect from people out there.  Am not a bad person am not saying am perfect but I believe he took advantage of my kind and gentle nature. Thanks everyone once again for your inputs!
Re: Emotional Stress by Youngpo413: 7:50am On Aug 23, 2014
Sharp guy don chop clean mouth.
Re: Emotional Stress by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 23, 2014
He never loved you.

You cannot remain friends with him..

Pursue your future..

(1) (Reply)

My Ex Wants Me Back After I Won The N2m Promo / Should I Continue Or Quit The Relationship / Why Are Nigerian Women More Successful Than Nigerian Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.