Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) (55375 Views)

Fayose Wears Shorts To 2018 Workers' Day Celebration (pics) / Fayose Wears Igbo Cap In Presidential Campaign Poster / Senator Abubakar Kyari Wears Military Outfit (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 9:29pm On Jul 25, 2017
vizkiz:
There is a standing order that restricts ANY civilian from putting on military related uniform(s).

Well, what do you expect from a lawless country where the rich can get away with anything they want?

Chai... Lalasticlala don carry the thread go Frontpage. I am about to be roasted alive.

*Deactivates account cheesy

Is camouflage on its own a military uniform? It is just like saying white is a Navy uniform. Besides, A governor is constitutionally allowed to wear military uniform.

Section 110 & 111 of Nigeria Criminal Code Act states;

Any person who- Unlawfully wearing the uniform of forces, etc. L.N. 112 of 1964. 1967 No. 27.
(1) not being a person serving in any of the armed forces of Nigeria, wears the uniform or any part of the uniform of such forces, or any the armed dress having the appearance or bearing any of the regimental or other distinctive marks of such uniforms; or

(2) not being a person holding any office or authority under the Government of Nigeria or of any part thereof, wears any uniform or distinctive badge or mark or carries any token calculated to convey the impression that such person holds any office or authority under the government;
is guilty of an offence and is liable to imprisonment for one month, or to a fine of ten naira, unless he proves that he had the permission of the President or of the Governor of a State or wear such uniform or dress, badge or mark or to carry such token:
Provided that this section shall not apply to the wearing of any uniform or dress in the course of a stage play or in any bona fide public entertainment.

111. Any person who sells or gives any uniform, or part of a or any dress, badge or mark, as in the last preceding section mentioned, to any person who is not authorised to wear the same, is guilty of an offence and is liable to the penalties prescribed in the said section.

Section 251 of the Constitution also states;

Any person who, not being a person serving in any of the armed or police forces of Nigeria, wears the uniform of any of these forces, or any dress having the appearance or bearing any of the regimental or other distinctive marks of any such uniform, in such manner or in such circumstances as to be likely to bring contempt on that uniform, or employs any other person so to wear such uniform or dress, is guilty of a simple offence, and is liable to imprisonment for three months or to a fine of forty naira.

The offence for wearing camo is laughable and indicates this part of the Constitution has not been updated. Ten Naira and Forty Naira might make this law seem laughable but in Section 110 (1) in Lagos State Law (2011) it is a serious business which says the penalty for wearing camo is 2 years imprisonment with no option of fine.
Re: Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) by napoleon77(m): 9:29pm On Jul 25, 2017
vizkiz:
There is a [b]standing order [/b]that restricts ANY civilian from putting on military related uniform(s).

Well, what do you expect from a lawless country where the rich can get away with anything they want?

Chai... Lalasticlala don carry the thread go Frontpage. I am about to be roasted alive.

What does standing order mean in law? When was the law made and by who?
Re: Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) by charlsecy(m): 9:46pm On Jul 25, 2017
LordOfNaira:
No civilian, not even ex-service boys should wear it.
Katyusha:
No civilian is allowed to put on military uniform.
vizkiz:
There is a standing order that restricts ANY civilian from putting on military related uniform(s).
broseme:
Is he allowed to rock a military outfit?
Yes, he is allowed, says Section 110 & 111 of Nigeria Criminal Code Act.
Re: Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) by wizalpha(m): 9:47pm On Jul 25, 2017
lordkush:
does the term chief security officer of ekiti state mean anything to you?

y do you type before you think?
Y

Am nt sure u ar Govt student.
Military is federal nt state for God sake.
He cn put on police uniform bt nt Military, only the president hav such right cos he is the Chief of Armed Forces
#ReceiveSenseInJesusName
Re: Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) by Sodijan(m): 10:04pm On Jul 25, 2017
I like dis man , very humbled man
Re: Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) by Afamed: 10:05pm On Jul 25, 2017
bid4rich:

He is never a suit governor but an action governor. He no dey fear anybody as u see am so
Is that your definition of being an action Governor? Close to 2 yrs , that bridge less that 1klm has been under construction, close to 2 yrs still under construction 8klm road ( Ikere to Ado) under construction. Oja Oba another Fayose still under construction. Those are the only 3 projects visible in the entire Ekiti state. Ending of July ( 5 months) unpaid salary to civil servants. You people need to visit Ekiti state, so you all will no longer be deceived with Fayose antics.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) by deenee: 10:05pm On Jul 25, 2017
Dem never finish this fly over?........or must he go on some mumbo jumbo charade anytime a pillar is erected on the bridge?

1 Like

Re: Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) by planetx: 10:09pm On Jul 25, 2017
Magicdon:

guy park well. As the chief security officer of the state, he can wear camouflage anytime, anywhere and anyday if he wishes. By the way what is so special about camouflage. For a civilian to put on camouflage, boosters the morale of the armed forces; it shows the love the citizens has for its military personnel. Putting on a camouflage by a civilian is a sign of patriotism to his country military personnel. Its only in nigerian that its army intimidate and bully its citizens for putting on a camouflage. In neighbouring Ghana people put on camouflage and nobody cares. My friend in Liberia says camouflage is being worn and no one sends u, he puts on camouflage. Nigerian army needs to be re-oriented. Permission to carry on bro
I dont still understand why it's only in Nigeria where civilians are brutalized for wearing camo, you can wear camo freely in virtually every other country in the world.
Re: Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) by Afamed: 10:11pm On Jul 25, 2017
deenee:
Dem never finish this fly over?........or must he go on some mumbo jumbo charade anytime a pillar is erected on the bridge?
Na so we see am. That bridge less than 1klm has been under construction over 2yrs now. The gullible ones are falling for Fayose antics already.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) by BalogunIdowu(m): 10:16pm On Jul 25, 2017
He just in love with public stunts
Re: Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) by demolinka(m): 10:25pm On Jul 25, 2017
Tecno66:
Overhead bridge dey prevent accident na! Two vehicles wey for jam, one go pass up and one go pass under. No need for traffic light. Una say the man no work, say na soso to share stomach infrastructure and criticize Buhari. He do bridge as part of the road project wey he dey do, you say wetin the bridge dey for. If he do road leave bridge, una go say wey bridge. Must we question everything? Or as Fayose dey criticize Buhari na him you get bad belle for am? Abeg.
Story. Which kain vehicle density dey ado wey go necessitate dis bridge or the phantom airport wey e dey build, considering d fact say e dey owe workers months of salaries. And na so d guy sef dey always yab PMB over everything. So...
Re: Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) by LordOfNaira: 10:45pm On Jul 25, 2017
charlsecy:
Yes, he is allowed, says Section 110 & 111 of Nigeria Criminal Code Act.

Show us complete evidence. What does it say so we can make interpretation?
Re: Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) by bid4rich(m): 10:46pm On Jul 25, 2017
Afamed:

Is that your definition of being an action Governor? Close to 2 yrs , that bridge less that 1klm has been under construction, close to 2 yrs still under construction 8klm road ( Ikere to Ado) under construction. Oja Oba another Fayose still under construction. Those are the only 3 projects visible in the entire Ekiti state. Ending of July ( 5 months) unpaid salary to civil servants. You people need to visit Ekiti state, so you all will no longer be deceived with Fayose antics.

Compare him to those that do nothing in their 3 years. At least he deserve some kudos for initiating one. Hatred apart!
Re: Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) by LordOfNaira: 10:51pm On Jul 25, 2017
HarunaWest:

The Ekiti State Governor,Ayodele Fayose Tuesday had a tete-a-tete with soldiers at the Ikere border where he told them how he ran way Nigerian Army training.According to a post on Facebook by one of the governor’s media aide, Fayose was said to narrated how he ran away from the Mogadishu Barrack when he could no longerendure the rigours of Nigerian Army training.
Culled from Vanguard Newspaper....
Dlck head once a soldier is always a soldier, so if i put on my camo now, one baggar will challenge me that am no longer in service., you aint serious dude... GROW UP

Once a soldier ever a soldier means that the person is still an action man. It doesn't mean that a retired soldier is still a soldier. Once you retire, you are no longer in active service. That makes you a civilian.

So it was because of that nonsense that you put up there that makes you think that Fayose is an ex-military man. I swear, if you were close to me right now, I would give you a resounding slap.
Re: Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) by merits(m): 11:03pm On Jul 25, 2017
Talk2Bella:
grin I think he's allowed to

besides its only a rich non military personnel that's allowed to rock Camouflage, please don't try it if you're just an average civilian
have you ever be man handle by military men?cuz yor comment shows you talk from experience.
Re: Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) by ejanla077: 11:03pm On Jul 25, 2017
vizkiz:

fayose can authorise u to wear it in Ekiti
Re: Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) by bashydemy(m): 11:16pm On Jul 25, 2017
He keep inspecting same project and no improvement whatsoever haha
Re: Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) by Dantee005(m): 11:26pm On Jul 25, 2017
lordkush:
does the term chief security officer of ekiti state mean anything to you?

y do you type before you think?
God bless u there brother..was about to say d same thing ..
Re: Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) by timilehin007(m): 11:55pm On Jul 25, 2017
LordOfNaira:

It's you who knows nothing about the law. The law was very specific. No civilian, not even ex-service boys should wear it. I believe that the only civilian that can wear it is Buhari who is the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.

I swear down u know nothing with due respect...he's not a civilian like that...his case is different my guy...president Buhari preside over the whole federation nd he's the number 1 citizen of Nigeria. ..fayose like wise he's the number one citizen of his state and preside over affairs too...his case is very similar to the president
Re: Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) by LordOfNaira: 11:59pm On Jul 25, 2017
timilehin007:

I swear down u know nothing with due respect...he's not a civilian like that...his case is different my guy...president Buhari preside over the whole federation nd he's the number 1 citizen of Nigeria. ..fayose like wise he's the number one citizen of his state and preside over affairs too...his case is very similar to the president

Fayose is not a civilian like that? So, he is a military man?
Re: Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) by Talk2Bella(f): 12:21am On Jul 26, 2017
Metrobaba:

I'm Sorry For My Bad Manners, I Like Your DP.
bad manners?
noticed none
thanks for liking my dp
Re: Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) by Nobody: 1:03am On Jul 26, 2017
them nor dey build this bridge finish? fayose is a scam jor
Re: Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) by Randy100: 2:44am On Jul 26, 2017
demefa:

Please all those admins or mods dat only knw hw to ban users. I registered on nairaland on October 22, 2010 if ur an admin nd ur nt older to me on diz forum dnt ever ban me. All ma mates ve left diz site pls respect ma old age on diz forum tnx.
but am I allowed to ban you.
Re: Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) by In2systemsTech(m): 3:35am On Jul 26, 2017
vizkiz:

He is the chief security officer
Re: Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) by demefa(m): 3:38am On Jul 26, 2017
Randy100:
but am I allowed to ban you.

No cuz am ur elder here, u registered same month nd year with mi bt four days after I registered
Re: Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) by LOVEGINO(m): 5:56am On Jul 26, 2017
vizkiz:

are u serious?

Re: Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) by asunmoGGMU(m): 6:21am On Jul 26, 2017
LOVEGINO:
are u serious?

The President is also the Grand Commander of Armed Forces. He has the privilege to be clad in their regalia. He isnt ordinary civilian.
Re: Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) by lordkush: 6:27am On Jul 26, 2017
Katyusha:
No, you are the daft one here. No civilian is allowed to put on military uniform.
should I start posting pics of our civilian presidents that wore Camo? you daft man
Re: Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) by nypdinc: 6:32am On Jul 26, 2017
this icon could av made a good General in the army. #istandwithfayose
Re: Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) by Nobody: 6:58am On Jul 26, 2017
broseme:
Read more. http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/07/fayose-wears-military-to-supervise.html?m=1

Yoruba haters are gonna still continue hating.
I remain confused on how most Yoruba youths here hate governor fayose
Re: Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) by timilehin007(m): 6:59am On Jul 26, 2017
LordOfNaira:

Fayose is not a civilian like that? So, he is a military man?
You will be amazed if u know the kind of people that visits this very site....some people u would not even have the gut to look their face...so president Buhari who has the right to wear it is a military abi?
if a warrant officer2 at least face2face tell u this that the law that allow Buhari to wear any uniform also allow fayose to wear it would u dare argue with him. ?
Re: Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) by OlaRolls(m): 7:00am On Jul 26, 2017
Massive Global Food Network is zealously promoting the mechanism of making life better for everyone.
One time payment of #5600 makes you a beneficiary of weekly food stuffs, and incentives like cash bonus deep freezer, motorcycle, executive car, etc.
Chat me up= Olarolls 080372 72006

See you at the top.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bomb Blast: Pieces Of Human Flesh Litter Abuja Suburb - Punch / OjBest: How Osinbajo Met And Patronized A Local Shoemaker After A Tweet (Photos) / Atiku Lists Some Of His Companies In Twitter Conversation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.