Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,830 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? (8220 Views)

What My Bro Did To An Ex (classic Blast) / ..would You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? / Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? by milkan05(m): 4:19pm On Feb 08, 2010
NOPE! missed one and will miss my current gf wedding if she weds some1else and don't ask me why------------
Re: Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? by violent(m): 4:23pm On Feb 08, 2010
**5 or 6 ex's hands up. .**

Exactly why i will have a sniper in position. . . any hand tht goes up will be forced down with bullets

And hey, i enjoy attending ex's wedding, u need to see the guilty conscience on her face when she knows that you know that her husband does not know but you know that she isn't going to be a virgin that wedding night, and of all the 1000 guest present, you are one of the lucky bastards who know what she offers beneath the white gown and "innocent virgin look"

1 Like

Re: Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? by Africaine(f): 4:25pm On Feb 08, 2010
i dont see what all the fuss is abt there's a reason why he is ur ex, i wud attend and he's free to attend mine
Re: Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? by Ajike: 4:26pm On Feb 08, 2010
I will if only am invited
Re: Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? by dexterg(m): 4:50pm On Feb 08, 2010
It all depends on how u guys broke up. If u guys ended d relationship with understandings, where no body feels hurt, then the answer is yes i'll attend.
Re: Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? by bawomolo(m): 4:52pm On Feb 08, 2010
its no big deal. i would attend
Re: Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? by cliveland: 5:12pm On Feb 08, 2010
well for all the right reasons i guess either of us should, though there are some i would rather don't attend mine as i have observed their dispositions are nothing but sheer bitterness,

though in this part of the world, i don't understand why pple don't let go especially when it didn't work out even when either knew nothing was going to come of it, atleast each party gave something either in kind or cash??
Re: Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? by chocomillo(f): 5:14pm On Feb 08, 2010
No, i don't like drama cool
Re: Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? by cbjonstage(m): 5:26pm On Feb 08, 2010
Not bad if i had to, as long as there is no hard feelings

Imeobong:

I will NOT but she's free to attend mine if she likes, so far its not for evil motive

PLEASE GROW UP
Re: Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? by FUNMZIE(f): 5:46pm On Feb 08, 2010
I can attend. I don't think it is the best, to attend. after all if I attend or not they will be joined so why put myself through unnecessary stress. I wish them good luck from my heart and hope for the best for them. undecided
Re: Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? by kpolli(m): 5:47pm On Feb 08, 2010
it depends on the caterers doing the food n if booze is gonna be surplus
Re: Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 08, 2010
attending is a sign of maturity. . .it shows you've moved on with your life

I keep reading this all the time and i cant say how much i disagree with it.

Whether to attend or not depends on several factors. For instance, would the other party be comfortable with my presence at the wedding? In circumstances where you and the party involved had been together for so long but broke up for family reasons unrelated to both of you as individuals . . . wouldnt it be a better sign of maturity to place some distance between you both so he/she can carry on with their new family without the emotional baggage that comes with your presence?

You're obviously going to run into family and friends of the other party who must know you both very well while you were dating . . . would they be comfortable seeing you there?
Re: Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? by tbaba83(m): 6:06pm On Feb 08, 2010
what is mature about seeing another man kissing a gal u used to hump silly?
Re: Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? by oge4real(f): 6:22pm On Feb 08, 2010
Noooooooooooooo!
I wont go.
I wont invitehim.
Old things are past away and all things are---
Re: Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? by Remii(m): 6:33pm On Feb 08, 2010
1. If she can assure me they would not sing "bye bye to b'eleja yan" (mocking unsuccessful suitors), why not? lol

2. If the husband or his friends would not recognise me, because I would not like to be an issue that could cause friction btw them.
Re: Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? by tachi(f): 6:40pm On Feb 08, 2010
I keep reading this all the time and i cant say how much i disagree with it.

Whether to attend or not depends on several factors. For instance, would the other party be comfortable with my presence at the wedding? In circumstances where you and the party involved had been together for so long but broke up for family reasons unrelated to both of you as individuals . . . wouldnt it be a better sign of maturity to place some distance between you both so he/she can carry on with their new family without the emotional baggage that comes with your presence?

You're obviously going to run into family and friends of the other party who must know you both very well while you were dating . . . would they be comfortable seeing you there?

my sentiments exactly
Re: Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? by donpaulo(m): 6:46pm On Feb 08, 2010
after having dated for 12years, she never invited me and still hasnt told me till today undecided
answer to the post---------maybe.
Re: Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? by maximized(m): 6:51pm On Feb 08, 2010
Well I just did and she was overwhelmed with joy that I honoured the invite. There is no big deal if you both are still best of friends after your separation. And yes she will for sure attend mine whenever I am ready to get-hitched.
Re: Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? by mployer(m): 6:54pm On Feb 08, 2010
I was in ma ex's traditional marriage ceremony. though she felt uncomfortable sha
Re: Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? by kayc33(m): 7:23pm On Feb 08, 2010
i can undecided
Re: Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? by kokoye(m): 7:34pm On Feb 08, 2010
violent:

Exactly why i will have a sniper in position. . . any hand tht goes up will be forced down with bullets

And hey, i enjoy attending ex's wedding, u need to see the guilty conscience on her face when she knows that you know that her husband does not know but you know that she isn't going to be a virgin that wedding night, and of all the 1000 guest present, you are one of the lucky bastards who know what she offers beneath the white gown and "innocent virgin look"

tbaba83:

what is mature about seeing another man kissing a gal u used to hump silly?

Very childish.

@ post.

Depends on the way we parted and if I was invited. I have even given cash gifts to some of these ladies. The husbands-to-be do not need to know anything about it since it's a thing of the past.
Re: Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? by tbaba83(m): 7:42pm On Feb 08, 2010
dude u stop being childlish n recognize a joke when u see one. geez
Re: Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? by kpofkpof: 7:55pm On Feb 08, 2010
davidylan:

Well said David, you just hit the nail on the head. The igbos will say 'Gbam"!
Re: Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? by snamax: 8:01pm On Feb 08, 2010
i dnt think i can bear the pains to see another man kiss the girl i intend getting married to, i will not, infact i will like a situation where i dont attend any social event with her until,
Re: Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? by pirate07: 8:44pm On Feb 08, 2010
l dont see anything bad in it, l can attend her wedding.lf someone say he or she can not attend isn ex marriage that means the person still have something else in his mind.
Re: Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:46pm On Feb 08, 2010
I've done it already. Oh, she was so gorgeous and elated to see me!

It was a wonderful relationship and the separation was mutually agreed to.
Re: Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? by latepa(m): 9:47pm On Feb 08, 2010
as long as i'm invited i'll be there after all she's my ex,
Re: Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? by supereagle(m): 9:55pm On Feb 08, 2010
I still communicate with my EX. We would become one, but circumstance made it impractical. My does so as well. When she had our first an ex of came to drop them. She was in his wedding. I gave her money to buy gift for him.
Re: Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? by chijane1(f): 9:58pm On Feb 08, 2010
off course i will.for not being the one on the weeding gown means that u and the other bride/groom are not meant to be.even if u were there for this person and he/she still left u to marry someone else,do not allow it to bother u cos experience has shown that at the end the victims always realised how lucky they were not marrying each other.i have an aunt who was supposed to marry a certain young man but along the line the marriage never took place and it was not the fault of both lovebird.the young man passed on about a year ago.some time when i remember him,i cry for his loved ones and at the same time thank God that my aunt did not marry him cos she wuld have been a widow at such a young age.
Re: Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? by luvbooks(f): 10:03pm On Feb 08, 2010
violent:

kokoye:

Very childish.

My thoughts exactly. So you want to be there, not because you want to wish her well, but because you want to remind her that you disvirgined her.
But then that's why girls should be honest with their future husbands.
Re: Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? by ezdozit: 10:15pm On Feb 08, 2010
pple, did u hear the poster's post?? of course we all maybe have had more than 1 ex in the past, if you ask me, it would depend really, i have dated more than once and there are invitations to an ex's wedding that i would attend with all pleasure and no load.

but there just might be 1 who was different from the rest and even if you have moved on, you just don't need to be reminded of anything at all,

it depends, except you have just 1 ex, grin grin grin, almost brand new, cheesy cheesy cheesy

i wouldnt mind having that ex attend my own wedding sha but i just might not attend his own wedding. but i will give him my blessing and wish him well.
Re: Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? by agathamari(f): 10:21pm On Feb 08, 2010
Hell no. if you have moved on, then your ex wouldnt even be in your life anymore talk less about being at your wedding

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hmm: "I Have A Man I'm Engaged To But I Can't Stop Sleeping With My Neighbour" / Meet The Most Sexy Black Female Soldier Ever / Did You Know Something Crawls Out Of Your Face When You’re Asleep At Night?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.