Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,986 members, 7,814,360 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? (6321 Views)

Poll: Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding?

Yes: 61% (29 votes)
No: 38% (18 votes)
This poll has ended

Would You Attend Your Ex Boyfriend /girlfriend Wedding?? / ..would You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? / Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? by funkystanl(m): 5:36am On Oct 04, 2009
This happened to a friend of mine who attended her ex-boyfriend's wedding. She was filled wit tears almost making it public, thanks to another friend Who went wit her.
So can you attend your Exes wedding? On what grounds? What will you and will you not do at the venue?,
Re: Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? by SeanT21(f): 5:38am On Oct 04, 2009
It all depends on the relationship U have with ur ex.
Re: Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? by funkystanl(m): 5:46am On Oct 04, 2009
Quite true, but do you know that most relationship in nigeria are broken on grounds of lack of understanding, hatred, family issues etc,
The question is based on your past relationship, and whether it is ideal to go. Is it proper to dance there and even eat, that is if you attend,
Re: Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? by sjeezy8: 5:51am On Oct 04, 2009
Yup, once an ex she doesnt matter anymore. So it'll be like a strangers wedding, to me.
Re: Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? by chic2pimp(m): 5:55am On Oct 04, 2009
SeanT21:

It all depends on the relationship U have with your ex.
You took the words right outta my mouth cool.
Re: Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? by funkystanl(m): 6:00am On Oct 04, 2009
Easier for the guys, Why?
Re: Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? by Nobody: 6:12am On Oct 04, 2009
It depends on the circumstances that led to the break up with your ex's that will determine it, it also depend on the relationship with me & ex after the break up.
Re: Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? by omega25red(m): 6:33am On Oct 04, 2009
If we were friends after we broke up i would go but if she invited me out of the blue i would know she is just trying to rub in the fact that she is getting married or maybe she is hoping that i would disrupt the wedding when they ask if there is anyone who opposes to the wedding
Re: Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? by posakosa(m): 7:02am On Oct 04, 2009
SeanT21:

It all depends on the relationship U have with your ex.

*****Thread Closes*****
Re: Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? by kech(f): 7:21am On Oct 04, 2009
funkystanl:

This happened to a friend of mine who attended her ex-boyfriend's wedding. She was filled wit tears almost making it public, thanks to another friend Who went wit her.
So can you attend your Exes wedding? On what grounds? What will you and will you not do at the venue?,

I don't get it. She's definitely a sucker for punishment. I can only attend my ex's wedding only if I'm also in a serious and happy relationship. You all need to understand that no matter how "cool" you and your ex is after break-up, if one person is still single, there are always going to be thoughts of "what-if's[i]". "What if I made a mistake? What if we could have tried to work things out? What if we had communicated more?" [/i]The only way people REALLY move on if they meet someone AND FALL IN LOVE AGAIN, because people go out with others and still think about their exes.

Going to an ex's wedding is risky. You can never trust your emotions not to give you away. Like I said earlier, if the other party is not also in a serious and happy relationship, there is a high possiblility that he/she may get sensitive. A lot of people attend their ex's weddings not because they want to, but because their ex's asked them to and because they want to save face and show everyone that there are no hard feelings. If you are really ok with it, fine. If you don't want to or are not sure, just sit your butt at home. This one no be to form bravado. Let people say what they like. Remember that there's going to be pressure on you at the wedding cos some nosy people will make it their duty to monitor your expressions/behaviour throughout the wedding. It happens. People are that grimy.

NOTE: This does not apply to relationships that were ended due to violence
Re: Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? by posakosa(m): 7:23am On Oct 04, 2009
Well said Kech, I despise my EX a lot if I attend the wedding, I will cause havoc for the sake of it, angry angry
Re: Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? by kech(f): 7:25am On Oct 04, 2009
posakosa:

Well said Kech, I despise my EX a lot if I attend the wedding, I will cause havoc for the sake of it, angry angry

LOL!! I feel you. It's better not to tempt the devil. grin
Re: Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? by posakosa(m): 7:26am On Oct 04, 2009
right and let sleeping dogs lie,
no need to poke the devil in the eye!
tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? by speachless(m): 8:50am On Oct 04, 2009
Wel i think
i wil try nt
2 atend d wedding as 4 d girl i use 2 love.
Re: Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? by speachless(m): 8:51am On Oct 04, 2009
Wel i think
i wil try nt
2 atend d wedding as 4 d girl i use 2 love.
Re: Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 04, 2009
There's no big deal.

I will attend if I'm officially invited!
Re: Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? by JCzAr(m): 1:42pm On Oct 04, 2009
If I am invited why not? I really don't mind even going with my girlfriend/wife grin
Re: Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 04, 2009
Re: Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? by funkystanl(m): 2:42pm On Oct 04, 2009
Hmmm, Kech kech well written/said. It's like you got d experience. I cherish all the download. I warned my friend not to go(knowing d kind of girl she is) but she insisted that she was invited and would go in company of her female friends. I felt so bad when I heard wat happened there,

Posakoso, you wicked o.
Re: Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? by snazzydawn(f): 2:52pm On Oct 04, 2009
no
Re: Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? by funkystanl(m): 3:06pm On Oct 04, 2009
Snazzydawn why? Your answer is So, ?
Re: Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 04, 2009
Hell No!
Re: Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? by mamagee6(f): 10:27pm On Oct 04, 2009
Yes. cheesy cheesy
Re: Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? by redsky1: 10:55pm On Oct 04, 2009
No

don't you have enough friends to attend their own weddings - ex is ex for a reason.
Re: Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? by posakosa(m): 10:56pm On Oct 04, 2009
redsky1:

No

don't you have enough friends to attend their own weddings - ex is ex for a reason.

exactly
Re: Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? by whiteroses(f): 11:25pm On Oct 04, 2009
can i ffucks
Re: Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? by 1forall: 11:34pm On Oct 04, 2009
For me it depends. . . but I suppose its usually safer to stay away.
Re: Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? by 1forall: 11:36pm On Oct 04, 2009
For me it depends. . . but I suppose its usually safer to stay away.
Re: Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? by 1forall: 11:39pm On Oct 04, 2009
Darn Internet!
Re: Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 04, 2009
No way why would I still be in contact with my ex in the ist place? they are my past and hopefully will remain there forever.
Re: Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? by koolchicco: 11:53pm On Oct 04, 2009
Can I?. .Why not?!
Re: Can You Attend Your Ex's Wedding? by sweeti14(f): 11:55pm On Oct 04, 2009
NO WAY! why traumatize or torture myself? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Next Time When I Go For A Man I'll Be Sure He Comes Equipped With A Brain / Social Media Problem In Relationships. / Runs Girl Caught & Disgraced By Area Boys For Stealing An Iphone And N200k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.