Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) (53482 Views)

Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child / Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) / Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by derahhh(m): 3:56pm On Aug 02, 2017
joey150:

Since it's an English lesson.

It is rest in "peace" not rest in piece.

Yeye!!!!!I catch you.........editing my hommie's comment....its 1-0 jhare
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by cyprex: 3:58pm On Aug 02, 2017
Priesthood is a life decision and priest are priests for life therefore, we may have to wait for official confirmation of his resignation.
If indeed he has resigned, history is replete with such priest and their reasons for resignation are always linked to satisfaction of "SELF" and not "CHRIST".

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by concho(m): 4:12pm On Aug 02, 2017
Pato23:

My brother,why are you troubled because of people's ignorance.
I couldnt proceed to the major house because I knew I wont cope.
I cant even keep the law as a Lay man talkless of doing that as a priest.
They should know that these ordinances and norms are all contain in the Bible..
The guy even dy soud like he is d man's P.A
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by dnawah(m): 4:22pm On Aug 02, 2017
sar33:
According to the story shared by Aniekeme Finbarr,Special Assistant on Media to Akwa Ibom State Governor,a Catholic priest named Rev. Fr. Patrick Henry Edet has just announced his resignation from Catholic church.He wrote...

'JUST IN: Catholic Priest, Rev. Fr. Patrick Henry Edet has resigned from the catholic priesthood, quits theĀ  Catholic Church.

He says he should be addressed as Reverend Patrick Edet. And on a lighter note, he says he can still be called Fr'.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/08/akwa-ibom-state-catholic-priestrev-fr.html?m=1
he can no longer control the congy.GOD bless u 4 me.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by wikojeho: 4:33pm On Aug 02, 2017
Now in stock@available@affordable
#price
#Lookgood#Rockit
#tinannyshoes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by thorpido(m): 4:42pm On Aug 02, 2017
Ezyp:

So you think. Only if you knew (pls am not trying to start any argument about Mary neither am I trying to convince you about things of Her. You don't know means you don't know. Let's end it)
A man thinks he knows when he actually doesn't know. He assumes what he thinks he knows is the truth and concludes others don't know.

I want a biblical reference that Mary prays for saints.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by seguntijan(m): 4:42pm On Aug 02, 2017
Baba wan get offsprings and start knacking Apako officially. I really hail your decision celibacy kills.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by thorpido(m): 4:47pm On Aug 02, 2017
NwaMary1:

well too bad for you.

she answers mine.

Bad?No bad here sister,just good all the way.

Traditional worshipers also 'believe' the gods answer their prayers...duh undecided
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by thorpido(m): 4:51pm On Aug 02, 2017
Sparkies:
What happened to the covenant your made with God at the day of your ordination ??
The devil have defeated you .
He didn't say he was no longer a Christian or turning his back on God.He only left the catholic church.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by Ezyp(m): 4:51pm On Aug 02, 2017
thorpido:
A man thinks he knows when he actually doesn't know. He assumes what he thinks he knows is the truth and concludes others don't know.

Thank you. Can we pls end it
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by awuf2008: 4:53pm On Aug 02, 2017
Why did he join Catholic when he knows that he would not abide by their rules.

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by thorpido(m): 5:00pm On Aug 02, 2017
Ezyp:

Thank you. Can we pls end it
You quoted me first albeit in ignorance,didn't you?
Well you have no biblical reference so it ends automatically.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by 9inches(m): 5:01pm On Aug 02, 2017
thorpido:

Mary is a saint. Don't be naive.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by hardon1(m): 5:15pm On Aug 02, 2017
He has his reasons though, but i dont think its because of his charismatic nature. The catholic church has certain leverages for priests and even lay faithfuls to excercise their gifts within the confines of the catholic church. Infact, there are a lot of charismatic priests.

He is entitled to his reasons though

3 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by thorpido(m): 5:22pm On Aug 02, 2017
9inches:

Mary is a saint. Don't be naive.
We are saints too(as many as have received Him).Don't be ignorant.

Paul and Timothy,servants of Christ Jesus,to all the saints in Christ Jesus who are at Phillipi,with the overseers and deacons.Phil.1:1
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by emmalux2(m): 5:27pm On Aug 02, 2017
CATHOLICISM IS NOT CHRISTIANITY, NOT TOO DIFFERENT FROM ISLAM, CHECK OUT THEIR ROSSARY,. PEOPLE REPENT FTOM CATHOLICISM TO JOIN CHRISTIANITY. MAY BE HE REPENTED FROM IDOL WORSHIP THROUGH CARVED IMAGES, MARY, DEAD SAINTS AND PRAYING TO ANGELS.

GLORY BE TO GOD.

Can i have his phone number please? mine is 08034342755. HOLINESS REVIVAL MINISTRY
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by Shaev7(m): 5:32pm On Aug 02, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:
All these folks who think that everything in life is about sex.

I was opportuned to listen to his broadcast..
anyone that knows him knows that he is a fiery man of God.
him talk say him calling been be to serve God and not serve the Bishop or pope.
He said that he want to spread Gods gospel to the ends of the earth, and that the rules and ordinance of the church are a major hindrance.. he stated an irreconcilable grievance with the Bishop as one of the reasons..
he said that rather than fight with them that he prefers to leave.

I heard that he owns Grace MediaOutreach a media platform that preaches on all radio stations in Akwa Cross.
he owns a school... and he is willing to walk away from all that with nothing....

so you guys should know what you spit... Fr Patrick Edet was the Father Mbaka of the Akwa/Cross region.

me sef no be Catholic but that man is one fiery fireball of Gods words.

Correction, nobody serves Bishops of Pope IN the Catholic Church.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by jayaim: 5:49pm On Aug 02, 2017
Am a born Catholic but the truth is that, they have committed atrocities, build the church on lies. The man has known the truth. Just go & research about the history of the Catholic church. They operate like a secret society.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by Andy2274: 6:02pm On Aug 02, 2017
A popular man of God divorced his wife in this country and everybody was silent. Another one had children with different mother but no comment from anybody. When it comes to catholic church all their ears and mouth will be running mad.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by Nathanieloo7(m): 6:03pm On Aug 02, 2017
he won taste punna too
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by BrainBox076(f): 6:03pm On Aug 02, 2017
Well God knows best.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by Ejimchiglo: 6:06pm On Aug 02, 2017
Waooo what he carries is bigger than Catholic,
Thank God for him .
Not surprise I saw it coming.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by WackyBoy1445: 6:16pm On Aug 02, 2017
In the Facebook comment that was screenshot,almost everybody saw it coming...HABA WHY all of them don turn to prophet and prophetess...ALL IS well.

[color=#000099][/color] I watched him preached, He doesn't in any way sound like a Catholic Priest. He preaches more like a Pentecostal pastor. Everyone knew someday he was gonna step out of the catholic church.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 6:46pm On Aug 02, 2017
Shaev7:

Correction, nobody serves Bishops of Pope IN the Catholic Church.
no fight me OK !! I am just retelling what he said.. find him and fight.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 6:47pm On Aug 02, 2017
concho:
And he didnt know all ds before taking d oat. Oga, jst do more of reading than fighting for him. The truth shld b btwn him and God. I passed true the junior seminary n left after 4 yrs wen i realised that i could not cope with the conditions. The priest in quote spent more than 16 yrs on the race to become a priest. went to more dn 6 apostolic works , worked under different priest and also studied different councils. All those years wia jst to show him what it takes to be a priest and the conditions involve. He also knows that it a thing of everlasting. He accepted them and now you are coming here to give us his reasons Even when he didnt give any .

he moved on... would u advice ur sis to stay in a bad relationship?? put urself in his shoes... I am just retelling his story though, find him and fight

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by Sly2017: 7:09pm On Aug 02, 2017
He just told himself the truth.It must have taken him great courage to.All I can say is weeww...
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by Sly2017: 7:12pm On Aug 02, 2017
Andy2274:
A popular man of God divorced his wife in this country and everybody was silent. Another one had children with different mother but no comment from anybody. When it comes to catholic church all their ears and mouth will be running mad.
Lol
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by giftedhands101: 7:14pm On Aug 02, 2017
thorpido:

Just hear yourself talk!
You sound like a broken record...
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by chipower: 8:01pm On Aug 02, 2017
People don't understand that charismatic power doesn't protect people from sin. It's not a mark of holiness. It doesn't make you, God. The church has a way of doing things. He should know better, so he is simply giving funny excuses. He is not the first to leave, he will not be the last. I wish him well but he should know that he has broken his vow. When it comes to spiritual gifts, he is nowhere to be found with respect to many Catholic priests with spiritual gifts, both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria. They are numerous. Mr Edeth is simply being disobidient. You will be surprised if you hear the Bishop's version of story. Maybe he wants to go and marry. Just maybe.....

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by Nofuckgiven: 8:11pm On Aug 02, 2017
I have known Father Edet to be a good man of God with special anointing in preaching the word of God. He is not the first priest to leave the Catholic church and he won't be the last. Since when is it a crime for a man to resign from priesthood and marry?? As long as he is no longer a priest, he can marry and live his life like any other normal man. As for the dolts saying trash about the Catholic church can you tell me why their population is still the highest even without seeking new members like most Pentecostal churches? Keep hating on the true and first church while chasing 'miracle' churches with pastorpreneurs! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by concho(m): 8:19pm On Aug 02, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

he moved on... would u advice ur sis to stay in a bad relationship?? put urself in his shoes... I am just retelling his story though, find him and fight
LOL...... Dartz if u evn knw d definition of the word "bad"
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by thorpido(m): 9:36pm On Aug 02, 2017
giftedhands101:

Just hear yourself talk!
You sound like a broken record...

You ain't even got no record. undecided

Just provide biblical references.Kapish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Titilope Adeboye Graduates From Bible College: Leke Adeboye Celebrates His Wife / Pastor Olakunle Beloved: Sex Before Marriage Is Not Sin (Video) / Bride Asked God To Walk Her Down The Aisle On Her Wedding Day & God Did

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.