Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) (53403 Views)

Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child / Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) / Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by Ubenedictus(m): 5:07pm On Aug 08, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
OK if you are rocket sure that your unofficial gossip-based information about him refusing transfer is correct and not based on animosity to blackmail, then let us accept he disobeyed his superiors. But you should understand that not all disobedience to man equals disobedience to God. What if God did not sanction his brand of priesthood which has been done away with in the New Covenant established on better promises? (Hebrews 7:1-28; 8:1-13; 9:1-28) What if he entered this outdated Old Testament brand of priesthood in ignorance and later realized it? What if he had an encounter that drastically changed his perception about ministry? What if he has finally been convicted about the truth having read the Bible over and over? What if and what if?.........There may just be something you and I don't know about his exit. Let God be his judge. Thanks.
What funny issues are you now talking about.?

The old testament priesthood was hereditary and has long ended so why are you bringing that up?
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by Ubenedictus(m): 5:12pm On Aug 08, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
That's not the issue sir. What if this man is now convinced that he has been in error all these while?
that isn't What he said .
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by Ubenedictus(m): 5:14pm On Aug 08, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
Some people don't seem to get it. There is a world of difference between Christianity and religion. I don't know his mind. What if he is tired of religion and decides to embrace true Christianity?
Christianity is a religion, Stop the false dichotomy.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by Ubenedictus(m): 5:27pm On Aug 08, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
What if he decides to marry against the Cannon Law, can he be arrested and prosecuted? Would it have been better he engaged in secret affairs?
he can decide to marry but it won't be valid since he is still under vows he made to God by which he promised to abstain from marriage to serve God and his Church.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by Ubenedictus(m): 5:29pm On Aug 08, 2017
701ecilana:

But they engage in worst secret affairs. The priests asexually molest kids. Boys and girls.

A friend of mine went into nunnery, before she was ordained, she ran out. She said if ten virgins are taken into that fold, not even one will be ordained a virgin. The priests take pride is counting the virgins they break. They blatantly send for little girls to be brought to them at nights. Mother superiors prepares and cleans these kids up for priests to defile. They carry solenm looks outwarsly but demins invested within.

They get these kids pregnant, the same priests abort the babies or keep the kids and put them in Catholic orphanages. They scream against abortions in public, but they are super abortionists in the closest.

really hearsay?

Just tell us the name of the convent... Better still write to the bishop.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by Ubenedictus(m): 5:31pm On Aug 08, 2017
701ecilana:

You well know what am talking about. Every Catholic who is close to tje preists knows but will rather hide.
Am done with you.
I happen to be close to priests and these things you are talking about is just off.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by Ubenedictus(m): 5:33pm On Aug 08, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
Please this vow he broke does it condemn him in the sight of God or man? You judged him as being disobedient, so you have become his judge. Please, I want to ask: What is a sin in a minister of God getting married and having sex with his own wife? This is what some people have been insinuating. If the man left the Catholic Church so that he can marry, IT IS ABSOLUTELY BIBLICAL. He needs experience as a married man to serve God and minister to others. Please read 1st Timothy 3:1-5. Verse 5 specifically rhetorically asks "if a man knows not how to rule his own house, how can he take care of the Church of God?"
when you make a vow to God you should keep it. Even the bible says" my vows to the LORD i will fulfill.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by UnchangeableGod: 6:29pm On Aug 08, 2017
Ubenedictus:
when you make a vow to God you should keep it. Even the bible says" my vows to the LORD i will fulfill.
Not the vow made in ignorance sir. Not the one that puts one in bondage and makes him a secret fornicator when he has a choice to marry and enjoy legitimate sex with his own wife. When one makes a mistake like that, it can be corrected once he discovers his mistake and God will not hold him guilty. Thanks.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by UnchangeableGod: 6:38pm On Aug 08, 2017
Ubenedictus:
he can decide to marry but it won't be valid since he is still under vows he made to God by which he promised to abstain from marriage to serve God and his Church.
You are wrong sir. He made the vow to the Catholic Church in ignorance of the word and will of God, definitely not to God (because it is against His word). He can still serve God, minister in the Church and to the world as a married man. Your Church may be against it but God is not. Thanks.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by UnchangeableGod: 6:54pm On Aug 08, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Christianity is a religion, Stop the false dichotomy.
You should have asked for clarifications as to the differences between the two. Academically, Christianity is one of the world's religions founded by Christ. But Christianity in practice is the life of Christ lived out by the saved who has the Saviour residing within by His grace. A Christian is not one who merely identifies with the Christian religion but one who has encountered Christ and whose life has been transformed as a result from a sinner to a saint (Acts 11:26; 26:28). Religion on the other hand, is a set of ceremonies, rituals and practices carried out by people who are adherents of a particular religion or sect. It does not have to lead to a transformation of life. It deals more with what people see outside than what is in the inside. Thanks.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by UnchangeableGod: 6:58pm On Aug 08, 2017
Ubenedictus:
that isn't What he said .
So what did he say sir? Don't you think it is not necessary for him to say all he is convinced about because that may embarrass some people the more and cause the man more problems?
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by UnchangeableGod: 7:05pm On Aug 08, 2017
Ubenedictus:
What funny issues are you now talking about.?

The old testament priesthood was hereditary and has long ended so why are you bringing that up?
Are you sure the Old Testament priesthood has ended? Of course, the Old Testament priesthood was hereditary but the form and practice has not changed in some Assemblies. That is just the fact.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by Ubenedictus(m): 7:07pm On Aug 08, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
You should have asked for clarifications as to the differences between the two. Academically, Christianity is one of the world's religions founded by Christ. But Christianity in practice is the life of Christ lived out by the saved who has the Saviour residing within by His grace. A Christian is not one who merely identifies with the Christian religion but one who has encountered Christ and whose life has been transformed as a result from a sinner to a saint (Acts 11:26; 26:28). Religion on the other hand, is a set of ceremonies, rituals and practices carried out by people who are adherents of a particular religion or sect. It does not have to lead to a transformation of life. It deals more with what people see outside than what is in the inside. Thanks.

Christianity is still a religion.

Thanks
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by Ubenedictus(m): 7:13pm On Aug 08, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
You are wrong sir. He made the vow to the Catholic Church in ignorance of the word and will of God, definitely not to God (because it is against His word). He can still serve God, minister in the Church and to the world as a married man. Your Church may be against it but God is not. Thanks.
he was not ignorant when he he made those vows. He knew that celibacy isn't against the word of God. Actually the word of God says it is good for a man to be celibate to serve God. He knew this and chose it. He decided to make that commitment. My Church has married ministers, celibacy is a choice knowingly and willingly made. It isn't against the word of God.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by UnchangeableGod: 7:15pm On Aug 08, 2017
Ubenedictus:

Sorry you seem ignorant of the fact that there is more than one meaning for a word.

Definition of a cult according to the dictionary
a system of religious beliefs and ritual;

By this definition Christianity is a cult whether you like the term or not.

Cults also perform religious rituals because it is also a form of religion. I see. You actually affirm that your brand of 'Christianity' with your priesthood is a cult. Little wonder, people fear to leave even when it is glaring the direction they are headed. May God deliver them as well, and also open the eyes of the multitudes being misled to their eternal doom by this 'cult group' I J N, Amen.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by UnchangeableGod: 7:34pm On Aug 08, 2017
9inches:

What sort of experience are they sharing, and if I tag it 'Communion of Saints', would you say I am wrong? If I am to apply your Sola Scriptura here, then tell me where the bible says only the saints on earth can pray for one another. Read also Matthew 18:10 and increase your knowledge on such connection between saints in heaven and on earth.

There is nothing like a dead saint. It's a deliberate and preposterous formulation. Only if you would learn the theology that goes with Christianity. Such ignorance from pesticostals who are "experts" in interpreting the bible that was written and first taught by the Church's early Fathers centuries before the first schism; you can google search a lot of their teachings and commentaries (as early as 1st to 5th century) on the scriptures.

NB: The Bible does not claim to be the sole rule of faith. The doctrine of sola scriptura is itself unbiblical. Please show me where the Bible claims such a status for itself. Nowhere does the Bible say, "Scripture alone is sufficient" and nowhere does the bible imply it. Neither you nor your pastor, if you have one, has any authority over the bible as far as its interpretations go. Go figure who has such authority.
If your definition of 'Communion of Saints' means praying through departed saints then you see wrong sir. Matthew 18:10 that you quoted talks about angels, it has nothing to do with departed saints. I see where you are coming from. You base your opinions on extra biblical books, probably the Appocripha. I don't claim authority over the Bible as far it's interpretations go. That is why I said earlier that I stand to be corrected, of course, with Biblical references. The Bible (the Scriptures that cannot be broken) is enough for me. God will not hold me responsible for any information He allowed to be contained elsewhere other than the 66 books of the Bible. I am also aware of the grave implications of Revelation 22:18,19. Thanks.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by UnchangeableGod: 7:47pm On Aug 08, 2017
Ubenedictus:
he was not ignorant when he he made those vows. He knew that celibacy isn't against the word of God. Actually the word of God says it is good for a man to be celibate to serve God. He knew this and chose it. He decided to make that commitment. My Church has married ministers, celibacy is a choice knowingly and willingly made. It isn't against the word of God.
Celibacy should be a personal thing. Did God say that once you have chosen celibacy, you must remain so even when your body says otherwise? Not at all. God gave us freedom in serving him, not bondage. So what do you recommend as a way out for a priest who is having problems with the flesh in the light of 1st Corinthians 7:9? Would it be preferable to continue in celibacy as a minister of God while 'burning' or to get married?
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by UnchangeableGod: 7:50pm On Aug 08, 2017
Ubenedictus:

Christianity is still a religion.

Thanks
Obviously, my message is for some other people, not you. Thanks.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by Ubenedictus(m): 10:05pm On Aug 08, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
Celibacy should be a personal thing. Did God say that once you have chosen celibacy, you must remain so even when your body says otherwise? Not at all. God gave us freedom in serving him, not bondage. So what do you recommend as a way out for a priest who is having problems with the flesh in the light of 1st Corinthians 7:9? Would it be preferable to continue in celibacy as a minister of God while 'burning' or to get married?
actually it seems you didn't read what i wrote.

Whoever makes vows of celibacy and wishes to marry may apply to be dispensed of his vows for the sake of marriage.
The
The church would lose you of your vows and wed you if you require it. The church doesn't want a lustful priest but she will ask you to again to make sure you understand what you are asking for and to make sure it isn't A passing crisis.

The point i raised is that vows of celibacy knowingly and willingly made isn't against the law of God. And that vows in general aren't to be treated lightly.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by Ubenedictus(m): 10:12pm On Aug 08, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
Obviously, my message is for some other people, not you. Thanks.
ofcourse if you are saying, 1+1=6 Then that isn't for me.

If you had claimed Christianity is much more than the other world religions i will agree but for you to claim Christianity isn't A religion.... That is flat out incorrect, that certainly isn't for me.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by Ubenedictus(m): 10:16pm On Aug 08, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
Are you sure the Old Testament priesthood has ended? Of course, the Old Testament priesthood was hereditary but the form and practice has not changed in some Assemblies. That is just the fact.
it ended it was hereditary and based on aaron and offered animal sacrifices, it was replaced by the priesthood of Jesus in the order of melchizedek, and all Christians partake in it.

I don't know anyone who still offers animal sacrifices, if you do.... Say so.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by 9inches(m): 10:21pm On Aug 08, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
If your definition of 'Communion of Saints' means praying through departed saints then you see wrong sir. Matthew 18:10 that you quoted talks about angels, it has nothing to do with departed saints. I see where you are coming from. You base your opinions on extra biblical books, probably the Appocripha. I don't claim authority over the Bible as far it's interpretations go. That is why I said earlier that I stand to be corrected, of course, with Biblical references. The Bible (the Scriptures that cannot be broken) is enough for me. God will not hold me responsible for any information He allowed to be contained elsewhere other than the 66 books of the Bible. I am also aware of the grave implications of Revelation 22:18,19. Thanks.

Angels are also part of that communion; and you don't have to limit it to prayers alone:

Communion - kəˈmyo͞onyən/ (noun)
1. the sharing or exchanging of intimate thoughts and feelings, especially when the exchange is on a mental or spiritual level.

@bolded, it's not necessarily about information contained outside the bible but more of the true interpretation of what is already in the bible. The question you have to ask yourself is this: "Where did we get the Bible?" Until you can give a satisfactory answer, you aren't in much of a position to rely on the authority of Scripture or to claim that you can be certain that you know how to accurately interpret it. Sounds shocking? cool
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by Ubenedictus(m): 10:25pm On Aug 08, 2017
UnchangeableGod:

1. If the angels in heaven can rejoice at the repentance of a sinner, why do you think the saints there will be ignorant.
2. Actually when the Church fathers compiled the bible it had 73 books not 66 books. It was a man called Martin Luther in 1600 who removed some books from the bible and that is why your bible has less books.

Read up council of hippo and carthage, you were shortchanged and given an incomplete bible.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by Ubenedictus(m): 10:26pm On Aug 08, 2017
9inches:

Angels are also part of that communion; and you don't have to limit it to prayers alone:

1. the sharing or exchanging of intimate thoughts and feelings, especially when the exchange is on a mental or spiritual level.

@bolded, it's not necessarily about information contained outside the bible but more of the true interpretation of what is already in the bible. The question you have to ask yourself is this: "Where did we get the Bible?" Until you can give a satisfactory answer, you aren't in much of a position to rely on the authority of Scripture or to claim that you can be certain that you know how to accurately interpret it.
amen

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by UnchangeableGod: 7:57am On Aug 09, 2017
Ubenedictus:

1. If the angels in heaven can rejoice at the repentance of a sinner, why do you think the saints there will be ignorant.
2. Actually when the Church fathers compiled the bible it had 73 books not 66 books. It was a man called Martin Luther in 1600 who removed some books from the bible and that is why your bible has less books.

Read up council of hippo and carthage, you were shortchanged and given an incomplete bible.
We are talking about the priority or not of praying through departed saints, not whether they rejoice or not the repentance of a sinner. There is no such thing as praying through dead or departed saints. As for other books not included in the Bible, see to that. God can only hold me responsible for the information He made available to me in the 66 books. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by UnchangeableGod: 8:00am On Aug 09, 2017
9inches:

@bolded, it's not necessarily about information contained outside the bible but more of the true interpretation of what is already in the bible. The question you have to ask yourself is this: "Where did we get the Bible?" Until you can give a satisfactory answer, you aren't in much of a position to rely on the authority of Scripture or to claim that you can be certain that you know how to accurately interpret it. Sounds shocking? cool
You are on your own on this sir. Obviously, I have been chatting with people who do not share same faith and aspiration with me. Good bye.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by UnchangeableGod: 8:03am On Aug 09, 2017
Ubenedictus:
it ended it was hereditary and based on aaron and offered animal sacrifices, it was replaced by the priesthood of Jesus in the order of melchizedek, and all Christians partake in it.

I don't know anyone who still offers animal sacrifices, if you do.... Say so.
Christ's priesthood is by Himself alone, not through human proxies (Hebrews chapters 7; 8; 9 and 10).
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by UnchangeableGod: 8:06am On Aug 09, 2017
Ubenedictus:
ofcourse if you are saying, 1+1=6 Then that isn't for me.

If you had claimed Christianity is much more than the other world religions i will agree but for you to claim Christianity isn't A religion.... That is flat out incorrect, that certainly isn't for me.
Christianity is not a mere religion. It is the life of Christ in man. But that is not really the issue at hand. Is it?
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by 9inches(m): 9:49am On Aug 09, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
You are on your own on this sir. Obviously, I have been chatting with people who do not share same faith and aspiration with me. Good bye.

I encourage you to come back home; share my faith, it's beautiful. It comes with the best gifts you can ever imagine. May the Spirit of truth do His work in you.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by Ubenedictus(m): 10:48am On Aug 09, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
Christianity is not a mere religion. It is the life of Christ in man. But that is not really the issue at hand. Is it?
it is a religion for it includes belief in a supreme being,.... You can say it goes further and transcends all other religions but it is untrue and incorrect to claim Christianity isn't a religion.

That is a false dichotomy.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by Ubenedictus(m): 10:54am On Aug 09, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
Christ's priesthood is by Himself alone, not through human proxies (Hebrews chapters 7; 8; 9 and 10).
Christ is the eternal high priest but his priesthood includes all Christian. This is why scriptures say, out of his fullness have we received grace upon grace, and scriptures says "you are a royal priesthood". So again i make bold say Christ priesthood is inclusive, for in him every Christian is a priest.

If you are ignorant of this then it is a pity.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) by UnchangeableGod: 1:29pm On Aug 09, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Christ is the eternal high priest but his priesthood includes all Christian. This is why scriptures say, out of his fullness have we received grace upon grace, and scriptures says "you are a royal priesthood". So again i make bold say Christ priesthood is inclusive, for in him every Christian is a priest.

If you are ignorant of this then it is a pity.
Yes, every Christian is part of the royal priesthood. What I meant by Christ's priesthood not having a human proxy is that the system of ordaining some clergy priests in the 'Order of Melchizedek' is alien to the New Testament based on the Scriptures.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

David Ibiyeomie Built Female Hostel For Ignatius Ajuru University / Is Self Servicing A "SIN" For A Couple Whose Partner Is Hardly Around? / The 7 Mountains; (this Will Change Your Life Forever)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.