Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants (45852 Views)

Fela Kuti Wearing Pant And His Son (Throwback Photo) / Fela Anikulapo Kuti Preparing For A Show In 1977 (Throwback Photo) / Photo Of Fela Kuti And Femi Falana, His Personal Lawyer (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants by monimekaz(m): 8:25pm On Aug 02, 2017
peteregwu:
And people hail him and call him a legend. they have celebrated him and carried series of concert on his behalf. but is it not foolishness to celebrate someone like this? What legacy did he leave for those looking up to him.....Is it to smoke gandi and wear pants everywhere in public? Rubbish!

Guy be warned ...u fk with fela ...u v gotta fk with me first ..last warning abeg ...That guy is the only good leader that has ever come out of Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants by jacyhelen(f): 8:26pm On Aug 02, 2017
mikeycharles:
shocked

he looks like someone suffering from AIDS

ah dey tell u....he never looked freesh.
Re: Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants by LesbianBoy(m): 8:28pm On Aug 02, 2017
sexybbstar:

Ehn Ehn? Wetin do pant? Everybody dey wear pants, even boxers sef Na pant. It's not a big deal smiley

It's a big deal o. If you are in bra and pant and someone enters your room without knocking won't you run and hide angry
Re: Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants by 12345baba(m): 8:29pm On Aug 02, 2017
peteregwu:
And people hail him and call him a legend. they have celebrated him and carried series of concert on his behalf. but is it not foolishness to celebrate someone like this? What legacy did he leave for those looking up to him.....Is it to smoke gandi and wear pants everywhere in public? Rubbish!
shut up u western ape

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 02, 2017
SirJeffry:
My brother, we celebrate mediocrity. He is a legend to a lot of folks but certainly not me.
forget his lifestyle, his music was high quality, he did conscious prophetic music what he sang about is still relevant till date

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants by Nedfed(m): 8:30pm On Aug 02, 2017
peteregwu:
You must be a teenager.
Wish you were born when he was still alive.
Re: Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants by purem(m): 8:32pm On Aug 02, 2017
peteregwu:

Wetin dis mumu dey talk

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants by hibee4uall(m): 8:32pm On Aug 02, 2017
Anikulapo himself...

Good people of nairaland, pls help a brother to pay his law school fees.No amount is small,contact him on 08184941410 for more enquiries and verification . THANKS & GOD BLESS YOU
Re: Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants by ogbunka: 8:35pm On Aug 02, 2017
the papa fela all he said about Nigeria hes come to pass pls guys out there just listening to his music you will know what am saying RIP BABA

Re: Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants by PataAlhaja(m): 8:37pm On Aug 02, 2017
cursedAbiola:

eat lion shit there
am a full igbo but i love fela like mad

almost all his song is in my phone now

he's not a typical coward afonja that bootlick politicians for survival

you cowards are now celebrating him because he's dead but assuming he's alive you guys would hated him because he might have blasted Tinubu the god you guys currently worship.

stupid people

Stupid, smelly Osu pig like you.

Talking about cowardice, mention a flat-headed Osu pig, dead or alive, that can lace the shoes of Yorubas like Tai Solarin, Olufunmilayo Ransome Kuti, Wole Soyinka, Gani Fawehinmi, Fela and his brother Beko, Kudirat Abiola, Abraham Adesanya and his NADECO folks... and a host of others ...

Just mention one Igbo that can or could match up to their legacies.

Talking about Nigerians that fought the military to a standstill and forced a return to democracy, Yorubas easily come to mind.

Stupid B!tch!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants by Eli99(m): 8:40pm On Aug 02, 2017
lol
Re: Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants by olayinks007(m): 8:40pm On Aug 02, 2017
muller101:
start putting on pants like him

All man 4 himself bro. Dats Fela. Besides u can expect me to do like Fela nw. Av 2 be myself.
Re: Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 02, 2017
LesbianBoy:

It's a big deal o. If you are in bra and pant and someone enters your room without knocking won't you run and hide angry

That one is different...
Re: Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants by haryomikun(m): 8:42pm On Aug 02, 2017
verygudbadguy:

I am sure you guys do not understand what music is all about. Appearance can never over shadow talent. While I may also not like some certain things that he did while he was alive, I acknowledge his musical talent. He is a multi instrumentalist, musician and a prophet. His works are acknowledged all over the world.

The likes of Jayz, Beyonce, Alicia keys, Nas celebrate this Icon. But then, a prophet is never accepted in his home town.
Even our Lord, Jesus Christ was not accepted in his hometown. Mark 6:5
Better person

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants by muller101(m): 8:42pm On Aug 02, 2017
olayinks007:

All man 4 himself bro. Dats Fela. Besides u can expect me to do like Fela nw. Av 2 be myself.
grin
Re: Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 02, 2017
verygudbadguy:

I am sure you guys do not understand what music is all about. Appearance can never over shadow talent. While I may also not like some certain things that he did while he was alive, I acknowledge his musical talent. He is a multi instrumentalist, musician and a prophet. His works are acknowledged all over the world.

The likes of Jayz, Beyonce, Alicia keys, Nas celebrate this Icon. But then, a prophet is never accepted in his home town.
Even our Lord, Jesus Christ was not accepted in his hometown. Mark 6:5
You called weed smoker a prophet and went ahead to quote a Bible to support your assertion, nawao, I've met a lot of people in my lifetime. He sure was a good musician but his personality as a promoter of bad societal vice such as weed smoking doesn't show a legend in him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants by Basalt(m): 8:43pm On Aug 02, 2017
peteregwu:

Bro sentiments apart. This guy is a legend.
I am a Biafran but what I loved most in him was his fearlessnes, outspokennes and humility.

Despite his rich background he still wore pants and was humble apart from his talent in music

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants by claremont(m): 8:47pm On Aug 02, 2017
peteregwu:

He was a social advocate, and he used music as a tool for social advocacy. It's such a pity that you judge him based on his dressing and smoking habits.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants by Nevee: 8:48pm On Aug 02, 2017
Fela's undoubtedly a legend by standard of his works. For someone who openly and consistently stood against the rot in government and more notably, a military government, that isn't usual. His affluent background is enough justification that he didn't do it for the money or any other material benefit. As much as I am not in absolute agreement with his lifestyle, I however feel that is not enough reason not to accord him the honour and respect he deserves. It is no news that Obama (at least) used to smoke and we never heard anyone putting such argument against his candidacy. Some Nigerian leaders in the past smoked in the public as they saw no big deal in it. Sadly, it seems foreigners appreciate Fela more. We've seen the likes of Jay Z, Will Smith and others committing to different courses to regard this legend of ours. I feel the Nigerian government should do more in this regard. Fela was a patriot and a nationalist and he certainly had a conviction of what was to come even though we did little or nothing to avert the crisis.
Fela's music made me more politically conscious, to understand Nigerian politics and governance better and intensified my urge to make appropriate changes. Little wonder the likes of Sanusi Lamido Sanusi were regular visitors at Kalakuta shrine. We should ensure our kids grow up listening to his songs. That way, they will understand where we were coming from (as a people), where we are and where we are going.

PS: For those still having doubts, you can start by listening to beast of no nation, authority stealing, suffering and smiling, army arrangement...in fact, I have lost count.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants by verygudbadguy(m): 8:49pm On Aug 02, 2017
SirJeffry:
You called weed smoker a prophet and went ahead to quote a Bible to support your assertion, nawao, I've met a lot of people in my lifetime. He sure was a good musician but his personality as a promoter of bad societal vice such as weed smoking doesn't show a legend in him.
Do you know Bob Marley. He smoked a lot of weed.

He is one hell of a spiritualist. Hypocrisy is what make Nigerians see smoking as a sin. It is not condemnable on some countries. Travel all over the world, nobody thinks in this direction.
As a matter of fact, in Dubai that is hot, i was surprised to see workers come out to smoke like it was smoking time. A lot of them, young boys and girls. Nobody reasons like this in the developed countries.
NB: I don't smoke though.
Re: Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants by just2endowed: 8:49pm On Aug 02, 2017
peteregwu:

Indomie generation spotted
Re: Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants by Inspire01: 8:50pm On Aug 02, 2017
cursedAbiola:

eat lion shit there

you cowards are now celebrating him because he's dead but assuming he's alive you guys would hated him because he might have blasted Tinubu the god you guys currently worship.

stupid people
That's d hate I'm talking about 4 ur info i am from delta so just relax, if u check d first set of comments u wil see what i am talking abt. U just have to love d man he is truly a legend
Re: Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants by thunderbabs: 8:52pm On Aug 02, 2017
Fela smoked weed for the Federal Republic of Kalakutta
Re: Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants by Inspire01: 8:54pm On Aug 02, 2017
cursedAbiola:

eat lion shit there

stupid people
sister came down it has not come to insults and 4 ur info I'm from delta bt if u check d first few comments u wil see what I'm talking about. We don't need to hate anything or anybody bcus they are from other region or tribe

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants by iyamchee(m): 8:56pm On Aug 02, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
@3rd picture

Fela looks like he was holding a big Shawarma

grin grin grin
Demo said 'Fela ti pada wa. I want to light up a shawarma!'
Re: Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants by cursedAbiola(f): 8:56pm On Aug 02, 2017
[s]
PataAlhaja:

Stupid, smelly Osu pig like you.

Talking about cowardice, mention a flat-headed Osu pig, dead or alive, that can lace the shoes of Yorubas like Tai Solarin, Olufunmilayo Ransome Kuti, Wole Soyinka, Gani Fawehinmi, Fela and his brother Beko, Kudirat Abiola, Abraham Adesanya and his NADECO folks... and a host of others ...

Just mention one Igbo that can or could match up to their legacies.

Talking about Nigerians that fought the military to a standstill and forced a return to democracy, Yorubas easily come to mind.

Stupid B!tch!
[/s]
e pain am well well

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants by Barfibassey(m): 8:56pm On Aug 02, 2017
peteregwu:
he is a legend that wat you can't beat.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 02, 2017
verygudbadguy:

Do you know Bob Marley. He smoked a lot of weed.

He is one hell of a spiritualist. Hypocrisy is what make Nigerians see smoking as a sin. It is not condemnable on some countries. Travel all over the world, nobody thinks in this direction.
As a matter of fact, in Dubai that is hot, i was surprised to see workers come out to smoke like it was smoking time. A lot of them, young boys and girls. Nobody reasons like this in the developed countries.
NB:w I don't smoke though.
You don't smoke though? Why don't you?
Smoking ain't no sin but it's discouraged in even those countries you call civilized. Why not smoke marijuana on the streets of civilized countries and see if you end up in jail or not. A sin is what your mind tells you it is, don't wait for your pastor to tell you what a sin is. Weed joking is bad and it is bad that's all.
Re: Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants by bigdot1759(m): 8:58pm On Aug 02, 2017
peteregwu:
if u listen to the body of all his tracks den u Will know dat no beat him till 2day compare to watin new musician dey produce
Re: Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants by Mozegee: 8:59pm On Aug 02, 2017
shutup @peteregwu,may be u were a kid when this man was flying high.Everything this man said abt this country has come to past. I think u are still a boy,who listen to all ds rubbish play by thos who called them self musicians of today.Go and listen to Fela music,u will sit down and start crying for ds ur so called country nigeria.I see him as a man who saw tomorrow,a visionary,a prophet ,because all his words has come to past.I am an igbo man,but i dont talk with sentiment.Fela to me is a Legend,Far more better than all ds thieves who called themself politicians.O boy u need to ask and learn about history ok.Dont just talk because u are opportune to hv an androide phone and some mb.Dont talk what u dont know or out of sentiment plz

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants by offornuel(m): 9:00pm On Aug 02, 2017
Thats what weed smoking can cause: it makes the abnormal looks normal...you will be wearing only pant thinking it is better that way than covering it with trousers.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti Wearing Only Pants by icedsammy: 9:01pm On Aug 02, 2017
grin Agbalagba Omo Ita...Keep On Resting Sir!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Don Jazzy Changes Random Boys Life (pics) / Odunlade Adekola Graduates From UNILAG, Signs Out In Style (photos, Video) / Mr Eazi Receives The Car He Won At Headies Awards 2016 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.