Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,464 members, 7,843,429 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Sick Arthur Nzeribe's Photo Goes Viral - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sick Arthur Nzeribe's Photo Goes Viral (62874 Views)

A Boy Sleeping On A Pile Of Dirt In The North. Photo Goes Viral / Arthur Nzeribe Celebrates 79th Birthday In Abuja (Photos) / Arthur Nzeribe Pictured At Gerald Irona's 51st Birthday Years After Death Rumors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sick Arthur Nzeribe's Photo Goes Viral by Sprumbabafather: 6:39pm On Aug 05, 2017
attackgat:

Ojukwus father, Sir Louis Ojukwu was once regarded as the richest man in West Africa

Fact
Re: Sick Arthur Nzeribe's Photo Goes Viral by hilroy: 6:39pm On Aug 05, 2017
bilazego:

Proudly tell us Nigeria's first indigenous millionaire

His name was Candido Da rocha. He was an Ijesha man born into slavery in Brazil. He gained his freedom, came back to Lagos to transform the architecture and development of Lagos forever

http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2016/12/candido-da-rocha-the-generous-capitalist/

http://www.nytimes.com/1987/03/26/garden/in-nigeria-touches-of-brazilian-style.html

7 Likes

Re: Sick Arthur Nzeribe's Photo Goes Viral by Olukat(m): 6:40pm On Aug 05, 2017
nextprince:
They say 75yr old Bubu is being divinely punished by receiving presidential medical attention, what I don't know is which offence Arthur Nzeribe is being punished for.

pls read history, if there's any to read though wink wink
Re: Sick Arthur Nzeribe's Photo Goes Viral by hilroy: 6:41pm On Aug 05, 2017
attackgat:

Ojukwus father, Sir Louis Ojukwu was once regarded as the richest man in West Africa

Source please. Sir Louis was rich but wasn't regarded as the richest man in west Africa in any tabloid except your imaginary mind

5 Likes

Re: Sick Arthur Nzeribe's Photo Goes Viral by nextprince: 6:42pm On Aug 05, 2017
[s]
Olukat:

pls read history, if there's any to read though wink wink
[/s]
Which history? The history that says Arthur Nzeribe is not being punished for his sins?

1 Like

Re: Sick Arthur Nzeribe's Photo Goes Viral by ekestic1976(f): 6:44pm On Aug 05, 2017
Martins98:
The photograph of ageing and sick Chief Francis Arthur Nzeribe, with medics around him has gone viral in the social media.

Nzeribe who is now 78, had vanished from the limelight since he was defeated in the 2006 primaries of the Peoples Democratic Party to elect a senatorial candidate for his Orlu Imo state constituency.
He has not been a factor in the Nigerian politics for close to a decade.

He once ran for office as president and was elected a senator in the short-lived Babangida military-Civilian rule experiment and in 1999 and 2003.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-GJxdjJlcU3Y/WYWn0gGsCWI/AAAAAAADxYY/Lk5o6KOtQqo-JPdJk_rIzWFeWDh5AFjDACLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_5172-e1501926192976.jpg[/img]

NEWS VIA: http://trendinghelm..com/2017/08/sick-arthur-nzeribes-photo-goes-viral.html He shall not die now, note even in 20 years, but he shall stay in this side of Eternity to die small! Then and only then shall he know that God indeed rules in the affairs of man!

Re: Sick Arthur Nzeribe's Photo Goes Viral by Sagay212: 6:45pm On Aug 05, 2017
People talking nonsense again as usual. The man is in his late 70s. That's old age. He has tried. A lot of funny sicknesses comes with old age and some get lucky while some don't. Nor be every time una go dey use dey play. Even if una nor get papa, make una dey try use una brain. Nor be for decoration. Respect the old man. I don't even know the idio.t that thought it right to past the picture. Why post somebody's pics without their consent. You sha wan make FP like say them go give you award.

3 Likes

Re: Sick Arthur Nzeribe's Photo Goes Viral by pokipoki: 6:45pm On Aug 05, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

Shattap, this man sucked blood to be rich.

He's paying for it
Senseless!!! Even if he "sucked" blood, he lived a long life!! He is 78 years old. Do you know the life expectancy in Nigeria? Maybe you should fine out before making further comments
Re: Sick Arthur Nzeribe's Photo Goes Viral by Olukat(m): 6:45pm On Aug 05, 2017
nextprince:
[s][/s]
Which history? The history that says Arthur Nzeribe is not being punished for his sins?

I'm confused, I don't know what to ...
Anyway happy weekend!
Re: Sick Arthur Nzeribe's Photo Goes Viral by ransomed: 6:49pm On Aug 05, 2017
nextprince:
They say 75yr old Bubu is being divinely punished by receiving presidential medical attention, what I don't know is which offence Arthur Nzeribe is being punished for.
:::-- Nzeribe sold guns that eliminated innocent souls. He made blood money during the civil war. I pray that God forgives him but, we should all remember that we shall reap whatever we sow.

1 Like

Re: Sick Arthur Nzeribe's Photo Goes Viral by Jerrypolo(m): 6:52pm On Aug 05, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

True, he was rumoured to be the richest but factually he was not.
He was.
ChukwuEmeka squandered most if not all of it fighting.
Re: Sick Arthur Nzeribe's Photo Goes Viral by Comjul(m): 6:52pm On Aug 05, 2017
Old age sickness, God will grant unto him healing
Re: Sick Arthur Nzeribe's Photo Goes Viral by LEAFLET(m): 6:55pm On Aug 05, 2017
He's getting old...
Re: Sick Arthur Nzeribe's Photo Goes Viral by WetinConsignMe: 6:56pm On Aug 05, 2017
Piiko:
You dey mind all this upcoming youngsters generation that will buy 100MB and be spewing thrash, Ojukwu left the comfort of his father's empire and made his way, the world shifts aside to let a man who knows where he is going pass, he was instrumental to standing up for the rights of the Igbos after the 1966 pogrom

Ojuksu was one LUCKY man. Here was a man fighting for his own survival and relevance and roped Igbo people into it. No one even remembers he ran away towards end of the war, instead of dying with our people, 3 Million of them
Re: Sick Arthur Nzeribe's Photo Goes Viral by Bigframe: 6:56pm On Aug 05, 2017
Get well soon sir
Re: Sick Arthur Nzeribe's Photo Goes Viral by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 05, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Ojuksu was one LUCKY man. Here was a man fighting for his own survival and relevance and roped Igbo people into it. No one even remembers he ran away towards end of the war, instead of dying with our people, 3 Million of them
No, Ojukwu was an accidental leader and at the top echelon of the Nigerian military, Aguiyi Ironsi coup triggered a pogrom and he had to step in and ensure our survival as a people, Ndigbo were being slaughtered nationwide, If he didn't declare a Republic we would have been decimated as a people and bullied to the background. Funny enough most repressive measures against Ndigbo hasn't dampened our enthusiasm, we keep doing big things
Re: Sick Arthur Nzeribe's Photo Goes Viral by WetinConsignMe: 7:02pm On Aug 05, 2017
hilroy:

His name was Candido Da rocha. He was an Ijesha man born into slavery in Brazil. He gained his freedom, came back to Lagos to transform the architecture and development of Lagos forever

http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2016/12/candido-da-rocha-the-generous-capitalist/

http://www.nytimes.com/1987/03/26/garden/in-nigeria-touches-of-brazilian-style.html

Which kin Nigerian name be candido da Rocha (s okorocha)?
Re: Sick Arthur Nzeribe's Photo Goes Viral by PenSniper: 7:08pm On Aug 05, 2017
nextprince:

Annulment of June 12 election with IBB, his colaborator. Research will show you all the arrogant statements he made and overt actions he took against peoples' wish.
Are both of them not infirm today. Has the money they acquired therefrom not useless now ? Many poor men and women of over 80 years old there are who walk around unaided. Life's lessons.
Re: Sick Arthur Nzeribe's Photo Goes Viral by hilroy: 7:10pm On Aug 05, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Which kin Nigerian name be candido da Rocha (s okorocha)?

Do you have glaucoma? Can't you see where I said he was born in Brazil. He was born in Brazil, hence his father gave him Brazilian name. His father's name was Esan da rocha, he built the popular water house in Kakawa street in Lagos island

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sick Arthur Nzeribe's Photo Goes Viral by AngelicBeing: 7:16pm On Aug 05, 2017
sad
Re: Sick Arthur Nzeribe's Photo Goes Viral by smartnero24(m): 7:23pm On Aug 05, 2017
Bloggers be lying back2back since 1914. It is true that senator Nzeribe is sick but this picture surfaced online few weeks back of the senator attending an event of one of his political protégés in the house of representatives. The people around him are not doctors but family and political associates.

1 Like

Re: Sick Arthur Nzeribe's Photo Goes Viral by Schwartz: 7:29pm On Aug 05, 2017
Life!! How are the mighty fallen. I met this man over 10 years ago. He was guided by many mobile policemen, men in suit, PA everything. I was serving at a Disney hotel Owerri then, he gave me the first 1000 naira note I ever touched as a tip. I kept that money for sometime before I spent it. Then 1k note just came out and was hard to see. Plus I was broke those days.
I heard he is / was the highest licensed arms dealer in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Sick Arthur Nzeribe's Photo Goes Viral by burakado17: 7:32pm On Aug 05, 2017
Abagworo:
Only an uncultured fool will make mockery of old age.
May God heal him.
Re: Sick Arthur Nzeribe's Photo Goes Viral by gotnel: 7:36pm On Aug 05, 2017
Nzeribe is old. Old age comes with different challenges. The only lesson from this goes to the greedy men of today's. Both politicians and business men.
Be prepared for tomorrow.
Not by amassing frivolous wealth at the detriment of your fellow men.
Not by causing damages in your dealings with fellow men
Tomorrow is pregnant. Let your story be positive among men.
Re: Sick Arthur Nzeribe's Photo Goes Viral by surgical: 7:38pm On Aug 05, 2017
nextprince:
Do your research, you think he is call mervic for nothing, the guy did a lot. Am not saying he his receiving purnishment for anything.
Re: Sick Arthur Nzeribe's Photo Goes Viral by kellytuns(m): 7:41pm On Aug 05, 2017
Remembed in the early 90's ,this man came to my town with 80 brand new deawoo racer car for his race�imagin buying and giving out 80 brand new 2017 toyota corolla this 2017.this man was once the richest in nigeria before the likes of dangote,dantata,the ebru,alakija,adenuga etc.he was the first nigerian to own a privite jet

3 Likes

Re: Sick Arthur Nzeribe's Photo Goes Viral by PenSniper: 7:42pm On Aug 05, 2017
Abagworo:
Only an uncultured fool will make mockery of old age.

Old age ? And infirm ? With all the billions ?
I beg your pardon ? Bro Abagworo, have you lost your sense of history or just being plain mischievious ? I expect you to know better than that. Come to think of that, this man's old age deserves to be mocked.
He allegedly made billions from gun running. Do you know how many souls lost their lives prematurely through that or those killed when such guns found their way into the hands of criminals ?
His billions and affinity with the powers that be did not reflect on the lives of his people in any way.
He was instrumental to the annulment of June 12 elections, an electoral statement made by the entire cross-section of tribes and religions of this country. The first time ever that Nigerians spoke with one voice against poverty, religious and ethnic politics. He was igbo yet denied Prof. Nwosu, another igbo, the international fame and glory he deserved.
He was the founder and chairman of the phantom ABN.
Have you forgotten the number of souls lost while this cries lasted culminating in MKO, his wife and Abacha. Abacha ordered the slaughter of innocent and unarmed protesters along Oshodi-Mile 2 expressway.
His action led igbos into a mass exodus back home when they least expected. In the process, many died, lost belongings and livelihood. Many became pauperised never to make it again. How many of them did he assist with all the money he got from the crisis. Cry me a river, bro.
The sordid tales i heard from my numerous igbo neighbours in Lawanson/Ikate on their return were better imagined. They left with opulence and came back few months later with virtually nothing.
His present situation and some of his accomplices is something that people would normally want to keep a closely-guided secret. Now it's become public. If things like this don't happen, how will people accept that indeed, there is God and Karma ?
The evils that men do live after them from this life until hereafter.
Many poor people senior to them in age with no money for expensive medical treatment are still walking around unaided.
Let him/them be mocked.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sick Arthur Nzeribe's Photo Goes Viral by PenSniper: 7:49pm On Aug 05, 2017
Jabioro:
OP you forgot to mentioned his deeds as Chairman of Association of Better Nigeria ( I may not be right about the group name) that seek midnight injunction on June 12 that made Ibrahim Babagida to annulled the most freed and fair election ever conducted by Humphrey Nwosu..a truthful igbo man and is been destabilised by another dubious igbo man named Authur Nzeribe.. who will forever remained bedridden.. he hadn't seen anything yet all these are preamble..

You got it 99% - Association For Better Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Sick Arthur Nzeribe's Photo Goes Viral by SuperS1Panther: 7:54pm On Aug 05, 2017
He was instrumental to the annulment of June 12.

God is a God of patience and vengeance.
Re: Sick Arthur Nzeribe's Photo Goes Viral by sonnie10: 7:58pm On Aug 05, 2017
Akeem1759:
Authur Nzeribe living like an invalid at his country home in Orlu, IMO State. At the height of his life, he lived in Nixon Hilton Hotel Abuja Presidential Suite for over 20yrs. So also Federal Palace Hotel, Lagos. He rode on Rolls Royce cars IN London and Lagos. Had Mansions in major cities of the world. Had private jets. Was one time an enfant terrible of Nigeria's Politics. He helped led IBB to June 12 inbroglio and Late Abatcha's attempted transmutation to Civilian President in 1998. Today, he lives a pathetic life at the mercy of aides and Nurses. Life is moving on in Nigeria and the world without him. Money, cars, houses, private jets, and jet life are all Vanities upon Vanity. May God Almighty continue to bless us with Good and sound health, peace of mind and contentment today and forever, Ameen.

Leave matter for Matthias. The main player like IBB is still enjoying life in his minna villa. Life is just different strokes for different folks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Coronavirus, Lateef Raheem Burial: '50 Policemen, Others Attended’ - Abiodun / Pro-Tinubu Rally In Lagos By Park Managers (Video, Pictures) / Femi Fani-Kayode: 'My Wife Has Abducted Me And Kept Me As A Prisoner In A Hotel'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.