Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) (68316 Views)

Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ / List Of Rice Producing States In Nigeria / Rotimi Williams, The Owner Of 2nd Largest Rice Farm In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by lonecatt(m): 4:50pm On Aug 09, 2017
Omofunaab2:

[Worried by potential recurrence of flood on the Island, especially in Lekki, Lekki property owners under the aegis of VGC Property Owners’ and Resident Association (VGCPORA) have highlighted strategies for achieving effective flood management in Lagos State.

The Chairman of the association, Olusegun Ladega,
explained that to address the menace of flooding which leads to destruction of lives, properties and ‎displacing people across the country, there is need to stop all sand filling activities across the State until Environmental Impact Analysis (EIA) reports are made, also calling on the Lagos State government to enforce the original drainage master plan and the 2010 urban regional plan and development laws.

Ladega in a press briefing organised by concerned citizens of Lekki Penisula, a coalition of estates in the Lekki-Epe axis, also called for an emergency plan to ‎be deployed to address the persistent flooding while also attending to residents affected by flooding

https://t.guardian.ng/news/lekki-property-owners-propose-end-to-sand-filling-flood-management-strategies/

Some of you just sit in your village in abakaliki and begin to say rubbish
what is this one saying,dont you have a governor that should guide them properly, or are you a pry school pupil. after your governor collect eguje from them you are here spewing thrash.go sleep

1 Like

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 4:50pm On Aug 09, 2017
sesaan:

the south east are developers providing white powder
Ground Rice ? OK I see
Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by brainpulse: 4:51pm On Aug 09, 2017
lonecatt:

if you dont have something to say go and sleep,ipob has been protesting for years now and you dey insult them
it is simple if truly you dont need igbos start protesting infact nobody will arrest you after all they didnt arrest arewa yoots ,then we know you are serious.nairaland anti igbos should form a protest group then we know you are serious or forever keep quiet
Is any one stopping you from going? I tell you if every one of you leaves no-one will stop you.
Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by Sanchez01: 4:52pm On Aug 09, 2017
nototribalist:
ofada rice smell like cow shitt, who eats that?
Funny. Ofada is legendary. It is the most luxurious, locally grown rice in Nigeria.

Ebonyi is just about the only state in the South East that takes farming to heart. The state is just about the only one in the East that TRULY produces rice in commercial quantity.

Obiano, Anambra and the media have all lied in the past and won't stop doing so. Propaganda and lies would lead you a little but the stark realities would hit in the end.

We should respect the North, really, as they are clearly responsible for feeding the country. As bad as we think they are, they play the most important, though silent, role in our nation building. This is the beauty in our diversity.

5 Likes

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by rhektor(m): 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2017
mostyg:
I don't trust that statistics, I m fro.Ogun. where is kebbi state who produced lake rice sold in Lagos. We also recently saw the viral kebbu rice pyramid.

Have you seen the Lake rice before?
Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by lonecatt(m): 4:56pm On Aug 09, 2017
nextprince:

In the light of these, where then lies the marginalisation?
you dey ask me? i am an igala man and not igbo though we have igbo communities here and very prosperous people,some times i read your comments and find envy and hatred.
bring down the airports to the east
bring down immigration and customs office there so that when you want visa you can travel to the east.
create a seaport there where containers have to come through so that their states can benefit from the huge revenue states like lagos is getting there.
relocate the major embassies such as america, london,germany,italy etc to the east
there are so many areas i will tutor you that if it is done they will start feeling as part of nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by Stkilda(m): 4:56pm On Aug 09, 2017
mpowa:

Do they need to Forcefully send you away before you leave? Don't you have shame? Go and Develop your region, we give you permission, start from there and then we'll take you serious and consider giving you referendum so that you can become a proper Nation.

The same region you reduced to rubles in an attempt to keep them in the same country with you. You want then to go back so you can surround them, kill them and take their properties like you did before. Nice try :-). Deceive me once, shame on you but deceive me twice, shame on me :-)
Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 09, 2017
Are climatic factors and topography no longer pre-requisites for planting certain crops? Can onions and groundnut luxuriate in the south?

Please educate. Just a question o
Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by Sanchez01: 4:57pm On Aug 09, 2017
aribisala0:
The entire SE is smaller than Kebbi state ,densely populated and ravaged by erosion.Where is the land too plnt rice?
The SE is not populated at all. Bulk of its people are not even residing in the region. So how then is it populated?

1 Like

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by gnykelly(m): 4:59pm On Aug 09, 2017
lonecatt:

tribalism is a disease,south east people contribute huge revenue to the nigeria purse.
go to lagos port and find out the amount of containers coming into the country,southeasterners form the financial base of nigeria.the rice you boast of which people dey buy am,the cows are you the ones consuming it?
stop thinking like an illiterate .think straight my friend

importation destroy our currency. that what you guys contribute. you destroy the value of our naira.

2 Likes

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by Sanchez01: 4:59pm On Aug 09, 2017
Zionista:
Are climatic factors and topography no longer pre-requisites for planting certain crops? Can onions and groundnut luxuriate in the south?

Yes, groundnuts and onions grow perfectly in the South. However, we have come to condition that certain crops are best with the Northerners and they have never disappointed at it.

4 Likes

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by gnykelly(m): 5:00pm On Aug 09, 2017
Zionista:

yes

I guess are stucked with the old agricultural textbook. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by lonecatt(m): 5:01pm On Aug 09, 2017
brainpulse:
Is any one stopping you from going? I tell you if every one of you leaves no-one will stop you.
i am not even igbo,i am an igala man and have many igbo friends.you people are filled with envy and hatred for the igbos and unfortunately you will fail in your plans to claim their properties because the world is watching.

2 Likes

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by nextprince: 5:01pm On Aug 09, 2017
lonecatt:

you dey ask me? i am an igala man and not igbo though we have igbo communities here and very prosperous people,some times i read your comments and find envy and hatred.
bring down the airports to the east
bring down immigration and customs office there so that when you want visa you can travel to the east.
create a seaport there where containers have to come through so that their states can benefit from the huge revenue states like lagos is getting there.
relocate the major embassies such as america, london,germany,italy etc to the east
there are so many areas i will tutor you that if it is done they will start feeling as part of nigeria.

Ibos and their talk.

All these facilities/services are located in Lagos and abuja being first and second nation's capitals respectively.

Now, in the light of these, tell me the sense in what you posted up here.

6 Likes

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by sunky97: 5:02pm On Aug 09, 2017
Ogun state always on top

1 Like

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by lonecatt(m): 5:03pm On Aug 09, 2017
gnykelly:

importation destroy our currency. that what you guys contribute. you destroy the value of our naira.
i see a lot of pry school pupils here ,there are items that are okay for importation such as those used for production ,you are free to ban those items that shouldnt but will the corrupt nigeria govt adhere to it.
the igbos are not the only ones guilty,is dangote not importing while we have local producers of rice?
my friend go and sleep

1 Like

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by Stkilda(m): 5:06pm On Aug 09, 2017
nextprince:

Ibos and their talk.

All these facilities/services are located in Lagos and abuja being first and second nation's capitals respectively.

Now, in the light of these, tell the sense in what you posted up here.

Why do you seem surprised and even angry that the Igbo have to come to Lagos to take advantage of these facilities and services which, by the way, were developed by using the commonwealth?
Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by lonecatt(m): 5:06pm On Aug 09, 2017
nextprince:

Ibos and their talk.

check google to know the capitals that were in the south.
why cant there be capitals in the east?
you are making a poor excuse and assesment .
go to other countries do you have all these in their capitals?i thought you were learned

1 Like

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by lonecatt(m): 5:11pm On Aug 09, 2017
nextprince:

Ibos and their talk.

if you were enlightened you will know that those things are what will bring federal presence there currently there is none in the east.
after work i will teach you more .later

1 Like

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by GoldNiagara(m): 5:12pm On Aug 09, 2017
scholes0:

The case of the South South is quite understandable

I am seriously asking myself the same.

They contribute mouth, we are the richest, biggest et al.Jokers!

3 Likes

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by mpowa(m): 5:15pm On Aug 09, 2017
Stkilda:

The same region you reduced to rubles in an attempt to keep them in the same country with you. You want then to go back so you can surround them, kill them and take their properties like you did before. Nice try :-). Deceive me once, shame on you but deceive me twice, shame on me :-)
Who took your properties? You guys and Propaganda are Rice and Beans, Always playing the Victim, 'it's because of them, it's because of them', when will you grow up? Okay you realized that your region is landlocked, they can easily surround and finish you people there...Well if you realize you need other people's lands to survive, then I advice you respect your masters and behave so that we don't issue quit notice.

3 Likes

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by nextprince: 5:16pm On Aug 09, 2017
lonecatt:

if you were enlightened you will know that those things are what will bring federal presence there currently there is none in the east.
after work i will teach you more .later
Apart from these two locations, where else do you find those facilities/services? Are they even in nd regions?

Why must the SE be given preferential treatment? Because they are ibos?

Don't even bother quoting me again because I will not respond, go and educate yourself first.

4 Likes

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by gnykelly(m): 5:18pm On Aug 09, 2017
lonecatt:

i see a lot of pry school pupils here ,there are items that are okay for importation such as those used for production ,you are free to ban those items that shouldnt but will the corrupt nigeria govt adhere to it.
the igbos are not the only ones guilty,is dangote not importing while we have local producers of rice?
my friend go and sleep

which items are OK for importation. Every rich Ibo man is an Importer. and every impoter are destroyer of an economy. Ifeanyi Ubah have been importing refined crude oil for many years without the thought of building refinery. Dangote is importing the necessary machinary to build refinery.

now who among them is a nation developer.

I know your dream is to be an importer when you grow up.

7 Likes

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by nextprince: 5:18pm On Aug 09, 2017
[s]
lonecatt:

check google to know the capitals that were in the south.
why cant there be capitals in the east?
you are making a poor excuse and assesment .
go to other countries do you have all these in their capitals?i thought you were learned
[/s]

Stop spamming my mention with junks.

Is there any capital in the ne, nw, ss? Why must there be a capital in the se? For what?

Pls, stop spamming my mention with junks.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by Fidelismaria: 5:19pm On Aug 09, 2017
sad

hmmm

honestly ayam tired of my Yoruba brothers

south east is parasite,south east contribute ntin to nigeria ,south east are drug lords etc

but why not let this same southeast go

why continue to be in a parasitic relationship?

let the Igbo's go

1 Like

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by Stkilda(m): 5:24pm On Aug 09, 2017
mpowa:

Who took your properties? You guys and Propaganda are Rice and Beans, Always playing the Victim, 'it's because of them, it's because of them', when will you grow up? Okay you realized that your region is landlocked, they can easily surround and finish you people there...Well if you realize you need other people's lands to survive, then I advice you respect your masters and behave so that we don't issue quit notice.

Believe whatever you like and hate them all you want and for whatever reason. The bottom line is that the Igbo want to exit Nigeria like they wanted 50 years ago, only this time they will do it properly in line with accepted world standards. This time they will not lose even a pin.

if you like continue to pretend that you are the master of someone whose shoes you polish and in whose house you live and pay rent.
Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by martha89: 5:28pm On Aug 09, 2017
Very weird list.The Ekpoma,llushi and Agbede rice from Edo state doesn't count ?
Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 5:31pm On Aug 09, 2017
Sanchez01:

The SE is not populated at all. Bulk of its people are not even residing in the region. So how then is it populated?

Kebbi state has 3 million people compared to SE of 16 million. Kebbi State is bigger in size than the entire SE
It stands to reason that there is more land for rice production in Kebbi than in the SE

Please talk like a person who went to school. SE is not populated? So who lives there snails? Bulk of its people reside elsewhere of what relevance is that to the issue of population density?
We are talking of the rice production by zone and then I mentioned population density. How is it relevant where that its people are not resident?
The SE has a reported (2006) population of 16 milllion in a space smaller than Benue Kwara State or Kebbi State or Niger states etc .

In fact if the SE states were just one state a little bigger than Oyo State, in terms of size it would be number 13 or 14 and this makes it the most densely populated spacein Nigeria so it is not particularly able to support farming and maybe that explains why iits people are so dispersed because there IS NO LAND AT HOME

Understand what we are talking about befoe jumping in like an OMATA boy

If you
Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by osuofia2(m): 5:32pm On Aug 09, 2017
I don't believe this statistics... Where is kebbi state on the list?
Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by pazienza(m): 5:33pm On Aug 09, 2017
Obi Ikenobi, come and see you your Afonja people, they have started again.

1 Like

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by rigarmortis: 5:33pm On Aug 09, 2017
nextprince:
What was lost in the SS is more than compensated on the basis of being the home to the major source of nation's income and infact mostly due to oil spillage.

But what I don't understand is what exactly is the SE contributing in this obodo?

What exactly does the word "parasitism" mean?

when the north produce the rice, do they gather everybody in a straight line and distribute it for free, or do they sell it for their own good?

when imo and abia produce their oil, do they give it to the Indigenes of the area to make money on their own, or is the money forwarded straight to abuja.

each question is 100 marks each.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Photos Of My Snail Farm In Edo State / 179KG Yam Harvested In Akokwa, Imo State (Photos) / This Cow Was Sold For One Million, One Hundred And Fifty Thousand Naira (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.