Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,952 members, 7,814,229 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? (14292 Views)

Zainab Ahmed: We Have Identified Plans To Generate ₦18 Trillion Revenue / Amotekun: Lagos, Osun, Ekiti Recruit 1,320 Militiamen. "They Can Use Guns" / Obiano Tours First Ultra Modern 24/7 Filling Station In Anambra (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by kirchofff(m): 11:28pm On Aug 06, 2017
mikolo80:
Let's form power users association and build our own gas turbines for our estates, residential and industrial
the government will force you to add it to the national grid.

2 Likes

Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by joinnow: 11:30pm On Aug 06, 2017
Biggty:
24hours uninterrupted power supply can never happen in this country.

Not everyone can afford solar
Bonny island going to 7 yrs + 247 light
Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by ruffhandu: 11:35pm On Aug 06, 2017
correctguy101:

I like dis.

Thanks, but you should know that no one has come out to suggest that.

If u have an idea to generate and maintain a steady electricity production, please pm daddy let's talk. Got a deal going. Though it just might be cap intensive but who knows our clients will pay if we market well
It's capital intensive relatively bro, but it'll pay off.
Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by ernieboy(m): 12:02am On Aug 07, 2017
problem with power sec. is the federal govt and their archaic policy which makes them believe they have to control everything even when they are failing woefully. why does Lagos for example need to seek permission from the fg before embarking on a power project?

1 Like

Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by thirty(m): 12:49am On Aug 07, 2017
udees:
For your information -Fashola has never built any IPP before quote me anytime-the ipp in lagos are all built and own by private company--stop writing nonsense---Fashola is in the seat of Power now--Can you mention any power plant he has builts in two years--all power plant in the country now was built by the previous administration--most completed but not link to the grid while others are in various stage of construction.

May be this will answer your argument

http://dailypost.ng/2015/04/21/lagos-government-generated-47-5mw-through-ipp-in-six-years-official/

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by stanvesco(m): 1:15am On Aug 07, 2017
[quote author=Lukgaf post=59193473]Great Nairalanders,

The issue of Electricity in this blessed country has been my great concerns especially in the area I found myself. Even, they hardly give 30 minutes power in some places and it is not an overstatement that many places have Electricity only when they (NEPA or PHCN or Distribution Companies or what is their name called) want to distribute Electricity bills. This is annoying a times.

I called a Master in China who said he has experienced uninterrupted power supply since he got there since 3 months ago.

please can we chat on whatsapp
Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by mikolo80: 1:46am On Aug 07, 2017
kirchofff:
the government will force you to add it to the national grid.
does govt force you to add your I pass my Neigbour to the grid
Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by mikolo80: 1:47am On Aug 07, 2017
adetayo234:

Hope you aren't referring to just western education?
does it look like the Easter educated can solve the problem
Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by mikolo80: 1:47am On Aug 07, 2017
adetayo234:

They are cutting it down gradually
we will add ours gradually too
Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by mikolo80: 1:48am On Aug 07, 2017
Bacon21:

The US gets 30.4% of its energy from coal.
OK 30%
300 000 megawatts
Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by adetayo234: 3:15am On Aug 07, 2017
mikolo80:
does it look like the Easter educated can solve the problem

Then maybe you need to know that many individuals with western education in the universities are more corrupt than those in abuja. And those in abuja can perpetrate corruption because those with western education aid these corrupt practices. So, the solution is not in western education.
Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by Ceenacks(m): 5:27am On Aug 07, 2017
Ask those countries what they did.....
Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by Sammiejokes(m): 6:19am On Aug 07, 2017
9jii:

Yes we should not be contributing in polluting the world. Forget coal
sometimes I see some post and I feel like wetin be this. when China is consuming 42% coal to maintain her industrial status, you are writing rubbish about not polluting the world. Please advice countries like china, USA and India
Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by muller101(m): 6:26am On Aug 07, 2017
slimthugchimee:

It costs a whole lot for that........

Coal plant is the way, but our efforts with that is being frustrated by america and the paris climate change agreement
but the largest power plant in Taiwan is making use of coal.
Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by muller101(m): 6:30am On Aug 07, 2017
Coal is the way forward. If u are still in doubt go to Taiwan
Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by slimthugchimee(m): 6:32am On Aug 07, 2017
muller101:
but the largest power plant in Taiwan is making use of coal.

70% of Chinese power is coal
S,A 95%
Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by kirchofff(m): 7:23am On Aug 07, 2017
mikolo80:
does govt force you to add your I pass my Neigbour to the grid
here we talking about some mega watts or huge kilowatt, or will your nuclear turbine produce 5kva of power?
Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by murmee: 7:56am On Aug 07, 2017
Ekinematics:
Let states provide their own electricity.
Delete this national grid nonsense.
Part of what the restructuring of Nigeria will achieve is that States or Regions or Zones will be able to generate and deploy energy as they desire. The National Grid is used to control and stagnate the development of the South. The way they ration electricity in the South is not how they do it in the North.
Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by BLINGZ88: 8:14am On Aug 07, 2017
nanizle:

Coal actually does have a huge role to play if we aspire for uninterrupted power. Coal and hydro should ideally form our base load capacity. I would have mentioned gas too but pipeline vandalism is still a problem. Gas turbines should handle peak load.

Since you mentioned pollution... Why don't you stop entering vehicles that use hydrocarbon fuel since you are so concerned about pollution. undecided
Or you'd be more comfortable with nuclear power in naija?

We do have clean coal technologies now.

The top world economies still rely on coal power for good reason.

U are giving me hope that we still have people with sense in nigeria. we have to tackle the base load first through coal or nuclear (with I support whole heartedly ). all this people talking about solar and wind have to know that we can't support it at the moment because it is too unpredictable. industries just can't rely on it.
Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by sommy03(m): 8:26am On Aug 07, 2017
1. Having alternate power generation sources...Solar, wind, nuclear...
2. Employ professional Electrical Engineers to look at our transmission lines as well as distribution lines.
3. The minister of power MUST be a graduate of Electrical Engineering.
4. Allow states to own power generation stations.

2 Likes

Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by pokipoki: 9:00am On Aug 07, 2017
Biggty:
24hours uninterrupted power supply can never happen in this country.

Not everyone can afford solar
24hours electric supply is possible. If the nigerian government is serious, they can arrange with big companies such as China Electric, GE or Eskom to build solar farms in northern state like sokoto, katsina, kaduna and the rest. Solar farms (panels and swtiches) are easily more deployed and ready generation than hydro electric plants or has turbines. Furthermore, wind turbines in coastal states like lagos, Port Harcourt and Rivers can also go a long way. Countries like China are currently generating about 34GW form solar. That's almost 100x Nigerian current power generation.
Talk is cheap, it's high time the government start to work!!!
Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by Abee79(m): 9:23am On Aug 07, 2017
9jii:
Solar is the way.but should be a gradual process.
In the near future it ll be the cheapest source.
The world is going green
Way to go!

Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by mikolo80: 10:35am On Aug 07, 2017
kirchofff:
here we talking about some mega watts or huge kilowatt, or will your nuclear turbine produce 5kva of power?
private Gen is private Gen. Whether 1 kw or 100 mw.how many mw is dangote or Canaan land or Coca-Cola adding to grid
Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by mikolo80: 10:37am On Aug 07, 2017
adetayo234:

Then maybe you need to know that many individuals with western education in the universities are more corrupt than those in abuja. And those in abuja can perpetrate corruption because those with western education aid these corrupt practices. So, the solution is not in western education.
OK good ppl should participate in politics nigbana since you think just because ppl went to school they are educated. We have gone education and bad education but you're more interested in finding grammar fault than facing the problem.
Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by adetayo234: 11:23am On Aug 07, 2017
mikolo80:
OK good ppl should participate in politics nigbana since you think just because ppl went to school they are educated. We have gone education and bad education but you're more interested in finding grammar fault than facing the problem.

Is it that you are confused or you didn't even understand my comment? I can't see correlation between my comment and your supposed line of argument. You said western education is the way and I said western education is not enough. So, is this latest comment of yours opposing my view or buttressing it.
Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by Bacon21(m): 1:25pm On Aug 07, 2017
Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by Ratello: 1:41pm On Aug 07, 2017
9jii:
Solar is the way.but should be a gradual process.
In the near future it ll be the cheapest source.
The world is going green
Nothing like gradual there this is one cliche bandied around for too long. If these useless leaders are ready to go solar now and make electricity affordable to all, it will coat money but within one year all is done. Nuclear will be an option I won't recommend for now
Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by 9jii(m): 3:09pm On Aug 07, 2017
Sammiejokes:

sometimes I see some post and I feel like wetin be this. when China is consuming 42% coal to maintain her industrial status, you are writing rubbish about not polluting the world. Please advice countries like china, USA and India
So you are suggesting we should stick with their past and missed the current development.
The future of energy is never with coal
Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by 9jii(m): 3:14pm On Aug 07, 2017
PrecisionFx:

The world is 5% green, 95% fossil fuel.

Green energy is for the future n solar is presently by far the most expensive source of power supply.

But change is coming fast, we can't afford to miss the opportunity of joining this development like we did b4
Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by 9jii(m): 3:18pm On Aug 07, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

What is this one talking?

The poorest person in the West probably has more carbon footprint, and generates more waste than a lot of rich men in Naija.

Deceiving yourself to infinity.
They are changing that and the impact of it will affect us more so we should not contribute to this problem
Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by 9jii(m): 3:20pm On Aug 07, 2017
tinz:

Oga what planet are u from.
Pls ask ur self what source of energy the world power used to develop their countries during industrial revolution
You need to realise that you are living in the present not the past.
Also think of the consequence of any action
Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by 9jii(m): 3:22pm On Aug 07, 2017
jstriker442:
pls google the major source of power those big countries with uninterrupted supply uses
All I know they are abandoning it and it's very bad any serious country to be left in the new development

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2019: Governors Shun Obasanjo’s Coalition For Nigeria Movement / Border Closure May Worsen Ports’ Congestion / Recession: How Can Nigeria Revive its Economy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.