Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) (93440 Views)

Pirates In Military Camouflage Seize Bille, Rivers Kingdom, Residents Cry Out / Soldiers Tortured & Punished Man For Wearing Military Camouflage / Lady Stripped And Beaten By Nigerian Soldier For Wearing Camouflage (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by bamisho: 8:51am On Aug 09, 2017
jidxin:
bro its against their law. do u know its illegal to also paint ur vehicle green or army green

You are to pay a fine even if found guilty.

Those guys are not empowered by the law to be the ones to decide on the "punishment" but the courts.

They committed a crime by stripping her
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by Younaman(m): 8:51am On Aug 09, 2017
zenmaster:

The Nigerian army is weak against boko haram but strong against civilian women.

The nigerian army is a wasted army
Taaa!! Who tell you say fighting BH BOYS is as easy as making noise on nairaland.......
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by Reference(m): 8:52am On Aug 09, 2017
Horlahtoye:
This is an infringement on her rights. The military cannot unilaterally constitute the prosecutor by charging a civilian for wearing army uniforms and has no jurisdiction to deal with civilian. They only have the right to sue her to court for wearing the uniform.

Morally you lose the right when you invite the military into civilian waters. She did not wear camo to the barracks or to some military exercise. Where did they see her. In those days if I recall properly soldiers are not permitted out of the barracks in uniform except on official duty. When you send them on 'official duty' into the public domain you are temporarily switching off your constitution and laws. Anything can happen. I don't know what the soldiers are doing that the police cannot or should not do. If a police patrol van was passing and she ignorantly cried for help they will simply drive past because the police as an institution is failed. You cannot complain about a man who is carrying your burdens.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by sweatlana: 8:52am On Aug 09, 2017
slimthugchimee:
yes its illegal to wear it, and if she was to be persecuted, it would have been a one year jail term
Better than being striped in public!

Besides what the law says is illegal is impersonating.

Wearing army uniform to decive the public to think u are an army person.

There is a difference between wearing something and impersonating.
The way she is dressed is there anyone who will think she is an army woman?
Or was she engaged in any act which is exclusive to the army??

1 Like

Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 09, 2017
udemzyudex:
If it was a guy, some of you won't be posting this , it's in the constitution, don't wear any soldier camouflage if you're not one of them.

Why can't they wear mopo, police or navy uniform if they so much love the Nigerian force?

Some of this people have been warn by friends or relatives about the implications of wearing this camo but they won't listen.

Anyway, what's my concern? I no dey like pass my boundary.
is mini-skirt part of soldier's uniform ?

1 Like

Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 09, 2017
Younaman:

Taaa!! Who tell you say fighting BH BOYS is as easy as making noise in nairaland.......
Before I finish typing this, one battalion of nigerian army will run away from Boko Haram in Borno state grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by bamisho: 8:53am On Aug 09, 2017
slimthugchimee:
you just spoiled your speech with she. I was in atlanta Nigeria is not US, US has its own laws, army don't want you to wear their uniform, then don't wear it, you know if that girl was persecuted, she will be on her way to kiri kiri prison by now

It is a lie. She will be asked to pay a cheap fine according to the law.
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by udemzyudex(m): 8:53am On Aug 09, 2017
zenmaster:
is mini-skirt part of soldier's uniform ?
I bet you don't understand my post or the original post.
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by Hassan080196(m): 8:54am On Aug 09, 2017
zenmaster:

LMAO
Let the wasted army deal with each other. Their chickens have come home to roost.
I will be watching them with binoculars

Tell me who's now wasted between you and the NA. The last time I read, population is essential in the creation of state. Population must have quantity and quality. You don't just add to the quantity of you country's Population but also be a quality one. NA add to the quality of this country cos they defend it but what have you done to defend this country?

1 Like

Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by sweatlana: 8:54am On Aug 09, 2017
Bukast:
yes. There is a written law guiding wearing of camouflages. Remember too ignorance is not an excuse. The truth is that we were told not to wear camouflages to enable the army to know impersonators.. she is guilty of misdemeanor but I don't support them stripping her
She is guilty of a misdemeanor.
The people who striped her are guilty of several felonies.

INGNORANCE of the law is no excuse.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by Tofunmidami: 8:54am On Aug 09, 2017
sweatlana:

He (the NA) has no right to tell civilians what to wear.
They are not law makers.

Even if it's an offence to impersonate, it the punishment prescribed by law to strip the suspect in public??
How do u justify this ?
In countries where the military men are given the utmost respect, do u ever see where the military men are harassing civilians??

I was in a store in atlanta when a military wife asked if they offer military discount for the things she wanted to buy, another woman in front of her just asked the cashier to charge her for the woman's bill! She paid for everything the woman bought and let a note "thank u for ur service".

We here in Nigeria could never hols us guys in such regard because of the way u treat us!
Follow the goddamn law!
Just because u hold a gun that does not place u above the it!

Like you said you are in Atlanta..and we are in Nigeria where such will never happen...this is so simple and doesn't need argument don t put on anything that looks like there uniform is that too much to do

In Atlanta they respect there solider and love them but here is another thing we only see this,how about some month back a soldier man was traveling in uniform is car got spoilt he have to come down and cos of that was kill by onknow people here in our country that kind of matter will not be address only when they have to give sense to the ignorant fellow that is when we have something to say

We have to learn how to appreciate and obey...it so simple if she was not putting that on they won't have touch her right...let respect them and the uniform it not easy to face a war in the name of am protecting a country who have nothing to offer
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 09, 2017
Ajewealth123:
we have so many deaf and ignorant people in nigeria.
How many times are they going to sound it that don't put on camouflage if you ain't in the military?
Bros please stop being ignorant. In sane countries, events like this spark protest and unrest. Do you know how many civilians have been killed over a trivial issue of camo. The law is against it, fine. But did the law put the punishment of the defaulters in the jurisdiction of those idiots.

If you wear camo, you're required to pay a fine. Not that you get subjected to all sort of ridiculous assault and harrassment. Funny enough, you never see the same idiots who call themselves leaders speak against the brutalities.

5 Likes

Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 09, 2017
Hassan080196:

Tell me who's now wasted between you and the NA. The last time I read, population is essential in the creation of state. Population must have quantity and quality. You don't just add to the quantity of you country's Population but also be a quality one. NA add to the quality of this country cos they defend it but what have you done to defend this country?
which country?
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by CanadianNurse: 8:55am On Aug 09, 2017
kilojoDesigns:

be smart, go and check any country they respect their army. these are people that willingly put themselves in harms way for your safety. the fact that you can be here typing instead of running into bushes escaping from boko haram means that they are not the wasted army like you say.
smh

now to the issue obviously what she did was Def wrong, she can't claim ignorance either. some things are meant to be respected the army dress is a symbol of authority wearing it is like wearing a police Uniform when you are not it's wrong on all levels.
how they handled it could have been better and more decent
completely wrong! It's not a crime to wear camouflage.... It's only a crime to wear "MILITARY CAMOUFLAGE" with the intent of impersonating the military!

Nigeria army doesn't wear joggers or leggings so wearing a camouflage joggers or leggings isn't a crime

IImagine a woman wears a camouflage pant and sits with her leg open and a soldier sees it and orders her to pull it off.... It's as wrong as the above

1 Like

Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by SUPERPACK: 8:56am On Aug 09, 2017
jidxin:
its acyually against the law
which law
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by bamisho: 8:57am On Aug 09, 2017
Hassan080196:

You can also be of some help to your country now. Take gun and enter Sambisa forest to kill those bloody book harams.

Did anyone force them to join the army?

Do soldiers in other countries harrass civilians just because they chose to serve their country?

Choosing to serve one's Country is a choice and doesn't give any right under the law to harass or "punish " civilians.

That is what the courts are for

1 Like

Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by sweatlana: 8:57am On Aug 09, 2017
slimthugchimee:
you just spoiled your speech with she. I was in atlanta Nigeria is not US, US has its own laws, army don't want you to wear their uniform, then don't wear it, you know if that girl was persecuted, she will be on her way to kiri kiri prison by now
If and hopefully when these army men are prosecuted they will face a much longer prison term.

Her offence at its best us a misdemeanor with 1year sentence.
These men are guilty of several felonies. They could be in prison for up to 10years!
Ignorance of the law is not an excuse!

1 Like

Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by slimthugchimee(m): 8:57am On Aug 09, 2017
hedonistic:

Good. Now look at the part I highlighted. Since we're here to learn, can you tell me the difference, legally speaking, between a crime and an offence - a simple offence at that?

And by the way, why did you abridge the provisions in the quoted section. The Law supposedly prescribes a penalty of imprisonment for three months OR an option of what? ? ? 40naira good

now let's go a legal way, you know how long it takes for some prisoners to get charged to court, now this small girl will be sleeping in jail for the night and being a stubborn head, the military will make her suffer by an addition of another night. Before even bail, and then for her to pay a laser for the case. Or do you think the money will legally go to the soldiers. It will be given to the court. Also waste of your time and the lawyers expenses.Now unless she is ready for all this, well she'd choose everything to end there
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by Bukast(m): 8:57am On Aug 09, 2017
sweatlana:

There is also a law protecting the rights of citizens. Even suspects or accused persons!
INGNORANCE OF THE LAW IS NO EXCUSE!!! angry
yes, there is. I'm not arguing that with you bro. I just want to clarify those thinking that there is no law regarding wearing of camouflages.
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by Princedapace(m): 8:57am On Aug 09, 2017
Smallville10:
I hope as e collect d clothe, money have enter his bank account...

Idiot! No go fight boko haram, u dey here dey harrass woman

My brother, Nigeria is pathetic.. I feel like crying how on earth did I get associated with this country.. To think of it, people are celebrating this in this modern time? Gushhhh..
I just wish I can sleep and wake up not being a Nigerian.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by SUPERPACK: 8:58am On Aug 09, 2017
slimthugchimee:
who made the camouflage an army uniform,

1 Like

Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by slimthugchimee(m): 8:58am On Aug 09, 2017
sweatlana:

If and hopefully when these army men are prosecuted they will face a much longer prison term.

Her offence at its best us a misdemeanor with 1year sentence.
These men are guilty of several felonies. They could be in prison for up to 10years!
Ignorance of the law is not an excuse!
yea and you think here in naija anyone is ready to prosecute the soldiers on a case that she will sure loose
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by Younaman(m): 8:59am On Aug 09, 2017
zenmaster:

Before I finish typing this, one battalion of nigerian army will run away from Boko Haram in Borno state grin grin
My man to be sincere,is not an easy task out there....may almighty GOD protect and bless Nigeria soldiers
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by sweatlana: 8:59am On Aug 09, 2017
Bukast:
yes, there is. I'm not arguing that with you bro. I just want to clarify those thinking that there is no law regarding wearing of camouflages.
I'm totally fine with that but these men have committed a more serious crime than the young lady.
They should be held accountable for it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by bamisho: 8:59am On Aug 09, 2017
Tofunmidami:

Like you said you are in Atlanta..and we are in Nigeria where such will never happen...this is so simple and doesn't need argument don t put on anything that looks like there uniform is that too much to do

In Atlanta they respect there solider and love them but here is another thing we only see this,how about some month back a soldier man was traveling in uniform is car got spoilt he have to come down and cos of that was kill by onknow people here in our country that kind of matter will not be address only when they have to give sense to the ignorant fellow that is when we have something to say

We have to learn how to appreciate and obey...it so simple if she was not putting that on they won't have touch her right...let respect them and the uniform it not easy to face a war in the name of am protecting a country who have nothing to offer

People respect them because they act in a respectable manner!

You cannot go around stripping, flogging and doing other criminal things to civilians and expect them to respect or love you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by Bukast(m): 8:59am On Aug 09, 2017
CanadianNurse:
completely wrong! It's not a crime to wear camouflage.... It's only a crime to wear "MILITARY CAMOUFLAGE" with the intent of impersonating the military!

Nigeria army doesn't wear joggers or leggings so wearing a camouflage joggers or leggings isn't a crime

IImagine a woman wears a camouflage pant and sits with her leg open and a soldier sees it and orders her to pull it off.... It's as wrong as the above
lol u no well grin cheesy
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by Tofunmidami: 9:00am On Aug 09, 2017
sweatlana:

U are the ignorant one!
Even if there is a law against impersonating, is the punishment prescribed by law to strip the suspect in public?

Will you have prefer the punishment for her...i know you will still be part of the people to say that is too much....how hard could it be when they say don't put this on....why do you have to impersonate

If it should be by the law she will be in kirikiri by now

Who is the ignorant one you or I

GET SENSE
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by bamisho: 9:00am On Aug 09, 2017
slimthugchimee:
yea and you think here in naija anyone is ready to prosecute the soldiers on a case that she will sure loose

She will Not loose.

The army had to pay a big settlement for the last case in which some soldiers stripped a woman.

The law does not empower soldiers to "punish civilians"

That is the work of the court not theirs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 09, 2017
Younaman:

My man to be sincere,is not an easy task out there....may almighty GOD protect and bless Nigeria soldiers
God will not correct the gross incompetence, corruption and mumuness they always exhibit
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by SUPERPACK: 9:01am On Aug 09, 2017
jidxin:
bro its against their law. do u know its illegal to also paint ur vehicle green or army green
do u mind quoting the said law?.
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by slimthugchimee(m): 9:01am On Aug 09, 2017
bamisho:

It is a lie. She will be asked to pay a cheap fine according to the law.

kiri kiri is also involved..do you know the processes it takes for that fine to be paid, or you think it will be giving to the soldiers, actually its to the court, and before she is even prosecuted, she will. E sleeping in the military barracks today, also calculate her time to be wasted in the court case and also her expenses on lawyer.
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by bamisho: 9:02am On Aug 09, 2017
Tofunmidami:

Will you have prefer the punishment for her...i know you will still be part of the people to say that is too much....how hard could it be when they say don't put this on....why do you have to impersonate

If it should be by the law she will be in kirikiri by now

Who is the ignorant one you or I

GET SENSE

There is an option of a fine according to the law

So yes it is preferably and not only that the courts are the only ones legally allowed to even decide if she's guilty or not and then she would pay the fine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Student Rapes Hungarian Prostitute, Arrested (Video, Photos) / Igwe Macdonald Sampson: Nigerian Dies In Malaysia. Do You Know Him? (Photos) / Why I Allowed Dad To Impregnate Me -16-year-old Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.