Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise (12305 Views)

Why All Atheists Must Change Their Minds Before It Is Too Late / How Often Do You Evangelise? / How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by 701ecilana: 11:28am On Aug 12, 2017
superhumanist:

This is not true, ma.

The mormons have their own bible while some other christians believe that Jesus is just a prophet and not a son of God. Christians do not believe the same thing.
The Book Mormons is not the Bible. I have it right here and i have read it. It's not close to being the Bible.

Pls which Christian sect believes Jesus is Just a Prophet? I have never heard of them. I only know of Islam and Islam is not a Christian sect.
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by frank317: 11:31am On Aug 12, 2017
butterflylion:

They want God to be how they decide he should be in their minds as if God is beneath them. God must dance when they say so and cry when they say so. I just laugh at them when I read their comments.

Even our earthly children whom we raised o and sent to school o and paid all the way till they were fully grown end up frequently rebelling against our old fashioned ideas and have a mind of their own even as little children but here he is wanted a diety to submit to him unconditionally.

You just have to laugh at these guys.

Lol... Something so imaginery is so real to u isnt it?
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by hopefulLandlord: 11:36am On Aug 12, 2017
frank317:

Lol... Something so imaginery is so real to u isnt it?

lol,

an omnipresent god is with you right now

an omniscient god knows what would convince you of his existence

an omnipotent god can do that thing that'll convince you

an omnibelevolent god would want to convince you of his existence

so a god that's with Frank317 right now that knows, can do and want to do what would convince you of its existence relies on humans to tell you of its existence lol

3 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by butterflylion: 11:36am On Aug 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

no, I'm responsible for what I type you're responsible for what you interpret and understand from it cheesy

And what you typed when carefully examined is a whole lot of mess when used to compare Christianity and her foundations.

You chose not to preach Santa or the Tooth Fairy and you can still choose to go around preaching and teaching their existence and o also you can include pink unicorns and FSM to that list.

Life is all about choices borne out of personal convincing experiences. If Santa or the Tooth Fairy have convinced you of their existence feel enough then fly their flag na.

Santa or Father Christmas as he is popularly known in Nigeria has created impact enough to be preached na Abi no be so? Do you not know how many of his paraphernalia are being sold and bought worldwide every year? He has impacted enough to be deified wouldn't you say so? Yet he isn't deified. How come?
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by butterflylion: 11:37am On Aug 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

lol,

an omnipresent god is with you right now

an omniscient god knows what would convince you of his existence

an omnipotent god can do that thing that'll convince you

an omnibelevolent god would want to convince you of his existence

so a god that's with Frank317 right now that knows, can do and want to do what would convince you of its existence relies on humans to tell you of its existence lol

Compare this to my comment at shadeyinka. You just proved right.
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by hopefulLandlord: 11:37am On Aug 12, 2017
someone can't seem to do without quoting me

4 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by butterflylion: 11:39am On Aug 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Will FSM deny me noodles if I quote you?
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by shadeyinka(m): 11:58am On Aug 12, 2017
butterflylion:

They want God to be how they decide he should be in their minds as if God is beneath them. God must dance when they say so and cry when they say so. I just laugh at them when I read their comments.

Even our earthly children whom we raised o and sent to school o and paid all the way till they were fully grown end up frequently rebelling against our old fashioned ideas and have a mind of their own even as little children but here he is wanted a diety to submit to him unconditionally.

You just have to laugh at these guys.

You nailed it on the head.

They have never quarrelled with cultists. They don't have a qualms against satanists. None of the gods of this world gives them sleepless nights except Jehovah the God of Abraham.

The fact that existence came out of NOTHING is a prove that there is a Controller outside the Nothing "God Almighty".

Since they belong to the family of Lucifer, it is not surprising that they tow the same line of occupation.

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by 701ecilana: 11:58am On Aug 12, 2017
butterflylion:

Will FSM deny me noodles if I quote you?
grin cheesy
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by hopefulLandlord: 12:01pm On Aug 12, 2017
shadeyinka:

They have never quarrelled with cultists. They don't have a qualms against satanists. None of the gods of this world gives them sleepless nights except Jehovah the God of Abraham.

The fact that existence came out of NOTHING is a prove that there is a Controller outside the Nothing "God Almighty".

Since they belong to the family of Lucifer, it is not surprising that they tow the same line of occupation.

grin even you don't believe this grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by shadeyinka(m): 12:03pm On Aug 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

no, I'm responsible for what I type you're responsible for what you interpret and understand from it cheesy

But that is the truth.

Do you know what is called "Join my Population syndrome!".

When a small guy challenges an authority. He solicits for accomplices as an insurance policy. Isn't it easier to receive punishment as a group rather than an isolated individual?

Lucifer has been playing the game for a long time.

I greet you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by shadeyinka(m): 12:05pm On Aug 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

grin even you don't believe this grin

You even know what I believe and don't believe.

The omniscient one!

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by hopefulLandlord: 12:09pm On Aug 12, 2017
shadeyinka:

You even know what I believe and don't believe.

The omniscient one!

"Cultists"? Christianity is a cult based on the supposed sacrifice of a supposed demigod/god/human

2 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by MrMontella(m): 12:11pm On Aug 12, 2017
701ecilana:

The Book Mormons is not the Bible. I have it right here and i have read it. It's not close to being the Bible.

Pls which Christian sect believes Jesus is Just a Prophet? I have never heard of them. I only know of Islam and Islam is not a Christian sect.
JW.

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by MrMontella(m): 12:13pm On Aug 12, 2017
shadeyinka:

the usual "victim " Bull...
show /tell us something new...

wonder what ex-muslim councils and websites do...criticizing Christianity perhaps.
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by butterflylion: 12:13pm On Aug 12, 2017
shadeyinka:

True. With what you wrote above common sense should come into play in them even for the briefest of moments. That common sense should be them asking themselves questions like

"why do I always feel uncomfortable whenever I hear or read about anything God related? "

"why do I have a deep need to always speak up against what I have convinced myself does not exist? "

"Can I talk about shoes I never owned and never knew? Can I talk about certain meal I know does not exist? If I do not believe those things exist so do not talk about them why is this one different? ".

The day I see any one of them asking themselves these kind of questions then I would know that they are finally being logical and rational. Until then I will keep laughing at their comments.
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by hopefulLandlord: 12:14pm On Aug 12, 2017
MrMontella:

wonder what ex-muslim councils and websites do...criticizing Christianity perhaps.

2 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by 701ecilana: 12:15pm On Aug 12, 2017
MrMontella:

JW.
No. Mormons. Am not a Mormon though.
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by 701ecilana: 12:22pm On Aug 12, 2017
MrMontella:

JW.
And, no. JW don't say Jesus is just a prophet, they believe he is a Son of God, but not God in person. They deny is divinity. But they believe he is the son of God and believe he died to purge their sins too.

You are mixing Islam up with JW
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by shadeyinka(m): 12:29pm On Aug 12, 2017
butterflylion:

True. With what you wrote above common sense should come into play in them even for the briefest of moments. That common sense should be them asking themselves questions like

"why do I always feel uncomfortable whenever I hear or read about anything God related? "

"why do I have a deep need to always speak up against what I have convinced myself does not exist? "

"Can I talk about shoes I never owned and never knew? Can I talk about certain meal I know does not exist? If I do not believe those things exist so do not talk about them why is this one different? ".

The day I see any one of them asking themselves these kind of questions then I would know that they are finally being logical and rational. Until then I will keep laughing at their comments.

You are very correct my Friend.

But, they have taken a conscious position. (A Choice they made). But now, they need to rationally justify that position.

The more they argue against God, the more it makes them feel (emotionally) their arguments (inspite of the many enigmas and unexplained things in life) that their position is valid. A case like medicine after death!

But they are winning on Nairaland.

This actually made me see that the Book of Revelation is perfectly graphic.

Rev13:4
So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?”
(NKJV)

Rev16:11
They blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and did not repent of their deeds. (NKJV)

These scriptures used to sound impossible in those days to me, but now, they are very clear.

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by shadeyinka(m): 12:32pm On Aug 12, 2017
MrMontella:

Something new?

The Truth can not be reinvented for your sake because a reinvented truth becomes a lie like you speak.

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by shadeyinka(m): 12:36pm On Aug 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

"Cultists"? Christianity is a cult based on the supposed sacrifice of a supposed demigod/god/human

I hear you.

So you fight against the christian cult and leave out the Eiyes, the Buccaneers, the Iluminantis, the etc.

You actually chose a worthy enemy. (The one whose God isn't pliable, moldable and trivial). Lucifer your oga did the same. He chose a worthy enemy.

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by butterflylion: 12:43pm On Aug 12, 2017
shadeyinka:

You are very correct my Friend.

But, they have taken a conscious position. (A Choice they made). But now, they need to rationally justify that position.

The more they argue against God, the more it makes them feel (emotionally) their arguments (inspite of the many enigmas and unexplained things in life) that their position is valid. A case like medicine after death!

But they are winning on Nairaland.

This actually made me see that the Book of Revelation is perfectly graphic.

Rev13:4
So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?”
(NKJV)

Rev16:11
They blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and did not repent of their deeds. (NKJV)

These scriptures used to sound impossible in those days to me, but now, they are very clear.

You have said it all. They are winning by helping people become more aware of God.
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by shadeyinka(m): 12:49pm On Aug 12, 2017
butterflylion:

You have said it all. They are winning by helping people become more aware of God.

..yes getting people more aware of God as an enemy. The God that must be rejected.

I pity the gullibles on Nairaland. They think they have heard superior arguments without knowing that they have been scammed
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by butterflylion: 12:56pm On Aug 12, 2017
shadeyinka:

..yes getting people more aware of God as an enemy. The God that must be rejected.

I pity the gullibles on Nairaland. They think they have heard superior arguments without knowing that they have been scammed

Reminds me of eve and the serpent. Has God said,........

The wiles of the devil never change.
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by shadeyinka(m): 1:21pm On Aug 12, 2017
butterflylion:

Reminds me of eve and the serpent. Has God said,........

The wiles of the devil never change.

I am only sorry for the half-baked church goers who has fallen in their droves to the "enlightenment" craze in the name of atheism.

Instead of striving to know God and understand His ways, they feel it is a good idea to throw away an asset they don't understand its true value in exchange for emptiness clothed in fake knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by frank317: 1:24pm On Aug 12, 2017
shadeyinka:

Lol...ok
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by frank317: 1:26pm On Aug 12, 2017
shadeyinka:

But that is the truth.

Do you know what is called "Join my Population syndrome!".

When a small guy challenges an authority. He solicits for accomplices as an insurance policy. Isn't it easier to receive punishment as a group rather than an isolated individual?

Lucifer has been playing the game for a long time.

I greet you.

Na u know Lucifer pass....well done
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by shadeyinka(m): 1:29pm On Aug 12, 2017
frank317:

Na u know Lucifer pass....well done

Yes! I do know him.

Your Boss and my Enemy.

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by frank317: 1:34pm On Aug 12, 2017
shadeyinka:

Yes! I do know him.

Your Boss and my Enemy.

U know him, but he is my boss.. continue.

Perhaps I am his hit man

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by 1Sharon(f): 2:26pm On Aug 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Lol I ignore it too
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by 1Sharon(f): 4:14pm On Aug 12, 2017
shadeyinka:

I am only sorry for the half-baked church goers who has fallen in their droves to the "enlightenment" craze in the name of atheism.

Instead of striving to know God and understand His ways, they feel it is a good idea to throw away an asset they don't understand its true value in exchange for emptiness clothed in fake knowledge.

Eyya..

Take heart

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? / Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? / "Child Witches" Of Akwa Ibom - Story By Umari Ayim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.