Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,325 members, 7,819,111 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt (19784 Views)

Courageous Police Officer Foils Kidnapping Attempt On Nigerian High Road. / Man Joined A Kidnapping Gang So He Could Have Money To Celebrate Sallah (photo) / Innocent Woman Linked To A Kidnapping Gang. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by andyanders: 9:12pm On Aug 13, 2017
Op, listen carefully;no matter how you try to hide from reporting this kind of crime, you are equally guilty of same crime as you are already an accessory to the same crime.

Since you said that he is your bad friend and he has been intimating you of their past and present crimes, and you refused to report such to the appropriate authorities, you are equally part of the said crime. If this your so called bad friend is caught one day and paraded like Evans The kidnapper, do not be surprised that people that knew you with him MUST come out to tell the world that you are a friend of the so called bad friend of yours and must be privy to his crimes. What if one day he is arrested and he mentions your name as those he confides to anytime he wants to go for kidnapping? It MUST happen one day.

Go and report them and now move out to a place he wouldn't find you. You will be doing good for yourself and your immediate family members by reporting to the authorities. IG will make sure that your identity will be protected.Contact IG's office directly.
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by jessykings(f): 9:14pm On Aug 13, 2017
With this post, I think you are already indicted. Your Ip address could b traced to you and then you'll be picked up as an accomplice by the law enforcement agencies. The worse case scenario is if one of the members of the gang or even ur 'bad friend' is on nairaland and reads this post; then my brother ur own don finish. either way, you've got to act fast. Get a lawyer n make ur report @ the right quarter before they get to you

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by larrybee2017(f): 9:15pm On Aug 13, 2017
secretlifesaver:

Yes and the police could round them up and that will be on my conscience forever and it will turn to a burden
What exactly do you want then? You don't want them to get caught and yet you don't want them to carry out the operation. The best thing is to let them get caught and safe them from hell likewise you
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by boiz2men(m): 9:15pm On Aug 13, 2017
MadCow1:
Here are some cold hard truth for you..

No.1 - You said they have carries out other kidnappings before which you were in the know of. That already makes you an accessory to the crime and it is punishable under the law. So you my friend are already a criminal.

No.2 - You know and associate with known Kidnappers so that makes you an accomplice wether you participate or not.

No.3 - You know of a new plot to kidnap ye another person. You know they are assembling resources for the crime and even know the gang leader and a member of the syndicate. You Sir are already implicated in the crime.

Now here is my advice.. Go meet a Lawyer to explain to you what your level of involvement may be. Do not think just because you are in Nairaland you are untraceable. This post can be narrowed down to the I.P address from which it was sent and a dragnet set for you so consider yourself exposed. It will be in your best interest to make a move now to report the crime to the police in the company of a good lawyer who can arrange a plea deal for you to act as a Police witness.

If you don't support their actions then you should have no problems snitching.

Bro, you can't get someone by their I.p address successfully in Nigeria. The best you can get is a rough idea of the persons city... I.p addresses are assigned by the ISP and they change always.. It is only if police work with these ISP... The Mac adresss is a better and precise method to catch someone. Only ISP and black hat hackers can assess this mac address.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by gabng(m): 9:16pm On Aug 13, 2017
Which state is this happening?

You can create an anonymous twitter account and contact the NPF there.

secretlifesaver:
Hello my fellow people please i have to register this new account to keep my identity private as i don't want the SSS knocking my door and it's a secret i have to keep from my wife because i introduced her to Nairaland so i need to go anonymous.

Ok...

I'm a University graduate but like everyone of us, i have the bad friends and the good friends. I'm used to both side of life. Just 3 days ago my close bad friend hinted me about a kidnap that will happen in this coming week( i guess,) They are expecting about 30M from the ransom from the job. I know these guys don't joke because they have succeeded in the past before by doing over 3 kidnappings and they have once had a close call with the Law.

How i knew this....

This close bad friend of mine told me about a kidnap they have done before last year, Mentioned how it went down and what happened when the family of the kidnapped people didn't turn up with money on time because it was a misinformation. He said he had to stood up to the other member that they should let them go since their family can't raise 20M, He said it was a big fight and he forced them to collect 2.5m from the kidnapped family member and since then he told them he's out. Afterwards the gang continued their job without him and did another 3 successful job. The fourth was the close call they had with the police and the kidnapped victim was rescued by the police when they locate their den. The other guys ran out of town for more than 6 months but this bad friend of mine never let, he has the courage that he hasn't committed any crime and nothing happened to him. About 5 weeks ago, the gang leader is back in town after about 7 months out of town and I've seen him on many occasions pulling forces and resources together but never knew their intent until my close bad friend hinted me about their plan.

So i asked him if he's going with them and he said YES, I was shocked and he said i shouldn't worry that nothing will happen.

I am not worried because he's not my blood just a bad friend,

But i haven't been able to sleep at night since he told me;

Please what do you suppose i do? If i let them go ahead and do the job even with my close bad friend with them and they got paid nothing happened, this will hunt me forever. I can't change my close bad friend mind because he has already made up his mind.

If i blow the whistle on them and involve the law, Our law system is F@#$ up , and they will treat me like a criminal.

If they go ahead and do the job i know i need to stay away and clear from him....

Well with this out of my mind i should be able to sleep.

Please tell your family and friends to watch their back and be safe ...

Please i need advise from my N'landers member. I will be watching and reading this post closely and learn from the comment. Please i don't know the location or the time when the job will go down but i know it's going down.....

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by Originalsly: 9:19pm On Aug 13, 2017
Hmmm.... this is not an easy one. Yes... report to the Police... but that in itself is a big risk because they are so unprofessional. .. and may use the information to extract bribes and no doubt say who did the snitching. But..a report should be made... I'll suggest the report made confidentially to the highest rank in a different region (he will contact the local commamder)... no mention must be made of the planned kidnapping.... but give them up based on the previous kidnapping.... when in custody the Police will ehmm...play music and they will sing...sing about this planned kidnapping and much more. In this way....OP will not be suspected of snitching.... they will be pointing fingers at each other.
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by gabng(m): 9:20pm On Aug 13, 2017
Trust me you don't have an idea of what is available at the Joint Intelligence Centre at the ONSA

Luckygurl:

Oh yeah!!
The emboldened caught my attention.
Is this obtainable in this effed up country of ours
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by smartnero24(m): 9:29pm On Aug 13, 2017
Three or more kidnappings happened that you were aware off yet you did nothing. This makes you an accomplice under the law. Let's agree you've known this friend for a long time before he even became a kidnapper but you're married now and still keeping this from your wife who would bear the grief more than anyone else should you get implicated when your friend gets caught because he and his gang definitely will sometime very soon. Everyday for the thief, one day for the owner. You've already betrayed your wife.

Find a way to stay away from this bad friend asap for the sake of your safety and integrity if you can't convince him to change.

Report to the relevant authorities albeit after seeking advice from a very good legal counsel. You could be saving your so called friend from a potential death in a police shootout who knows.

The risks if you do nothing far outweighs those when you do something.
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by HMZi: 9:29pm On Aug 13, 2017
If the police round them up,ur friend will know that you snitched..Be careful..its fvvukn Dicey..
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by jessykings(f): 9:34pm On Aug 13, 2017
Flintstone06:

Idiot! Am Yoruba.. The issue on ground needs your opinion and advice and not display of your stupidity. Tribal bigot
Did u just blow ur cover? grin
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by acevic: 9:35pm On Aug 13, 2017
I guess op never factored in the possibility of his so called bad friend's presence on nairaland or members of his gang.

Already, you have set the ball rolling as regards exposing them unknowingly to you and its a bit dangerous for you cos you used a bad means....

Not frightening you, but if you wanna expose them...do it right and anonymously. For your own protection.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by Flintstone06(m): 9:55pm On Aug 13, 2017
jessykings:

Did u just blow ur cover? grin

Cover ko, blanket ni
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 13, 2017
All i have to say is ''THANK GOD I DONT KEEP QUESTIOABLE FRIENDS NOT TO TALK OF BAD FRIENDS''
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 13, 2017
Flintstone06:

Idiot! Am Yoruba.. The issue on ground needs your opinion and advice and not display of your stupidity. Tribal bigot
Igbo how far
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by alukstea(m): 10:07pm On Aug 13, 2017
Just few advise I have to share ooh...

1. Take down this post bro.
2. Take down this post
3. Point 1 and 2 is urgent.
4. Avoid the friend Bro , the feeling you have might be what can save or mar you, instincts ain't always right but then they're ain't always wrong too . Take down this post and don't get involve in whatsoever way. I'd suggest you travel sef claim to go look for a job elsewhere and try to distance yourself from him .

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by OlujobaSamuel: 10:08pm On Aug 13, 2017
@op, delete your posts on this, or beg mods to do that, you can edit it to have a word or sentence if not deleted by the mods.
walk into a cafe, send an annonymous mail to various security agencies address, make sure the cafe is far away from your area, eg, ojuelegba to oshodi, dont use a cafe with cctv. you should be safe by doing this. dont ever use your number to call the security service, explain all you know about it and dont put any contact address. God help you

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by Young03(m): 10:09pm On Aug 13, 2017
I hate friends like u op

backstabbers, so as a man u can't reason this solution out for yourself without killing yourself here.

Oh I just pity ur wife n kid

If eventually ur friends is a quest here and reads this, ur a goner

Don't u know that lai mohd, n some buhari ministers are always on nairaland.
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by Luckygurl(f): 10:13pm On Aug 13, 2017
gabng:
Trust me you don't have an idea of what is available at the Joint Intelligence Centre at the ONSA

Yeah!! I'm definitely not abreast with what goes on there.
All what I'm saying is I doubt if such robust form of technology will come into play in an attempt to pursue a lead just in case they decide to look into the op's concern especially when the common man is involved.
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by Flintstone06(m): 10:15pm On Aug 13, 2017
YorubaNigga2:

Igbo how far

Something dey worry your head.. undecided don't understand igbo language. Deal with it! Bigot!
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by Chestnut(f): 10:20pm On Aug 13, 2017
secretlifesaver:
Hello my fellow people please i have to register this new account to keep my identity private as i don't want the SSS knocking my door and it's a secret i have to keep from my wife because i introduced her to Nairaland so i need to go anonymous.

Ok...

I'm a University graduate but like everyone of us, i have the bad friends and the good friends. I'm used to both side of life. Just 3 days ago my close bad friend hinted me about a kidnap that will happen in this coming week( i guess,) They are expecting about 30M from the ransom from the job. I know these guys don't joke because they have succeeded in the past before by doing over 3 kidnappings and they have once had a close call with the Law.

How i knew this....

This close bad friend of mine told me about a kidnap they have done before last year, Mentioned how it went down and what happened when the family of the kidnapped people didn't turn up with money on time because it was a misinformation. He said he had to stood up to the other member that they should let them go since their family can't raise 20M, He said it was a big fight and he forced them to collect 2.5m from the kidnapped family member and since then he told them he's out. Afterwards the gang continued their job without him and did another 3 successful job. The fourth was the close call they had with the police and the kidnapped victim was rescued by the police when they locate their den. The other guys ran out of town for more than 6 months but this bad friend of mine never let, he has the courage that he hasn't committed any crime and nothing happened to him. About 5 weeks ago, the gang leader is back in town after about 7 months out of town and I've seen him on many occasions pulling forces and resources together but never knew their intent until my close bad friend hinted me about their plan.

So i asked him if he's going with them and he said YES, I was shocked and he said i shouldn't worry that nothing will happen.

I am not worried because he's not my blood just a bad friend,

But i haven't been able to sleep at night since he told me;

Please what do you suppose i do? If i let them go ahead and do the job even with my close bad friend with them and they got paid nothing happened, this will hunt me forever. I can't change my close bad friend mind because he has already made up his mind.

If i blow the whistle on them and involve the law, Our law system is F@#$ up , and they will treat me like a criminal.

If they go ahead and do the job i know i need to stay away and clear from him....

Well with this out of my mind i should be able to sleep.

Please tell your family and friends to watch their back and be safe ...

Please i need advise from my N'landers member. I will be watching and reading this post closely and learn from the comment. Please i don't know the location or the time when the job will go down but i know it's going down.....
you ar nothing but a snitch bitch,snitching ass bitch and u know it, an I knw it, you kno i know it...in Lucios Lyons voice
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by harriet412(f): 10:22pm On Aug 13, 2017
YorubaNigga2:
Another IPOB from the SE

SMH for this pigs. All their businesses are illegal and fake. Kidnapping is their hobby. They'd do anything to make wealth

Elede republic!

just shut up and advice.. clueless thingundecided

All what you know is ur stupid bigotry comments undecided ..empty skull

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by TourismMan(m): 10:33pm On Aug 13, 2017
N30million for one kidnap trip? Do they work for Evans?
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 13, 2017
It is well with you do the right thing. The Lords vengeance is greater and more permanent
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by fof1: 10:40pm On Aug 13, 2017
secretlifesaver:

Yes and the police could round them up and that will be on my conscience forever and it will turn to a burden

U LIE AGAIN. IT CAN NEVER BE A BURDEN ON UR CONSCIENCE IF U REPORT IT anonymously. U ARE FRIENDLY WITH D LAW AND God's PURPOSE THAT IS. GO AHEAD AND DO D NEEDFUL,PLS. UR FRIEND WHO CHOOSES TO BE BAD FRIEND IS DOOMED FOR HELL FIRE,BEARING ARMS ILLEGALLY.
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 13, 2017
harriet412:

just shut up and advice.. clueless thingundecided

All what you know is ur stupid bigotry comments undecided ..empty skull
Chai all these to me sweetie? Zero chill you get!

What have I done wrong? So to advice my brothers from that region is a sin?
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by ikukuhero: 10:42pm On Aug 13, 2017
@Poster seeking advice. I pity you because your identity is not as hidden as you think. Your IP address will fish you out. They'll find your details and picture on social media via ur IP. Sorry is your new name. They're coming for you ASAP. You cannot use your common sense to make such an important decision. You rather chose to expose your self on NL with millions of views and you think you're covered? Your life from now on is in danger. Just watch your backfrom now. Take down this post ASAP. This is Nigeria o. You're not safe at all. If the security agents don't fish you out, your bad friends will. Whichever way, you have displayed lack of wisdom by this post on NL. Take down this post, I say again if you love yourself. Good luck to you. You should have anonymously told the Police about this plot rather than come on NL for this.
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by harriet412(f): 10:49pm On Aug 13, 2017
YorubaNigga2:

Chai all these to me sweetie? Zero chill you get!

What have I done wrong? So to advice my brothers from that region is a sin?

mbok sorry...
I just lost it when I saw ur comment ...
it irks me when i see such
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by DarkFive: 10:51pm On Aug 13, 2017
Send an anonymous tweet cc security agencies and the state
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by Joeyy(m): 11:09pm On Aug 13, 2017
This is the most stupid thread I've encountered since this year.

Have a nice life in jail OP.

Lmfao grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 13, 2017
op report your friend to the police, give them his number, have them track his movements. they will have to allow the kidnap take place so that when the police moves in, it will be like its the family of the kidnap victim that tipped the police off. you will be in the clear.
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by ruggedtimi(m): 11:29pm On Aug 13, 2017
what if your close bad friend is reading this...

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by Izen: 11:34pm On Aug 13, 2017
MadCow1:
Here are some cold hard truth for you..

No.1 - You said they have carries out other kidnappings before which you were in the know of. That already makes you an accessory to the crime and it is punishable under the law. So you my friend are already a criminal.

No.2 - You know and associate with known Kidnappers so that makes you an accomplice wether you participate or not.

No.3 - You know of a new plot to kidnap ye another person. You know they are assembling resources for the crime and even know the gang leader and a member of the syndicate. You Sir are already implicated in the crime.

Now here is my advice.. Go meet a Lawyer to explain to you what your level of involvement may be. Do not think just because you are in Nairaland you are untraceable. This post can be narrowed down to the I.P address from which it was sent and a dragnet set for you so consider yourself exposed. It will be in your best interest to make a move now to report the crime to the police in the company of a good lawyer who can arrange a plea deal for you to act as a Police witness.

If you don't support their actions then you should have no problems snitching.

Your head is there. He should just get a good lawyer and arrange a deal. He should also get his family to a secret place for protection cos our forces won't protect them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos Of Suspected Cultists, Armed Robbers Arrested With Weapons In Anambra / RRS Intensifies Move Against Cult Clashes In Somolu, Other Areas - Photos / Lady Jailed For Attempting To Sell Her Set Of Twins For N350,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.