Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:37 AM

I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On (4952 Views)

My Mum Is Sleeping With My Boyfriend, I Will Kill Her / 'I Need A Wealthy & Handsome Boyfriend, I Don't Care If He Is Gay- Lady / “My Boyfriend & I Broke Up 2 Months Ago, He’s Getting Married To Pregnant Lady" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On by Wizklynd23(m): 2:46pm On Aug 14, 2017
PromiseUche:
The guy needs to be flogged by men... see F*ukup!
what make u think the Guy needs to be flog, while to him his fostering his wife and doing the needful to her....
Re: I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 14, 2017
Babe, first of all. You're an ingrate. You never loved him. You only used him to achieve your aim.
You have no excuse not to marry him. You claim you work in an oil firm...good....meaning ur well paid so use some money to develop him. Send him to school. He didnt have such time to develop himself coz you're his priority. We men will do anything for a woman we love even if it cost us all
If you still dont wanna marry him....just reward him well....but his spirit will never be happy with you
such a wicked heart you have

1 Like

Re: I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:01pm On Aug 14, 2017
Wizklynd23:
Brother I don't know when I begin to type all this, I thought the issue was as simple as that untill when I start typing i realised that the thread begins to vext me too.... Imagine all this sacrifies only 4 her to be telling us here she has outgrown him... I wish that poor dude is a faithful christian, so that when she walk up to him with this dirty talk he will understand where she's heading..I just pray he will understand that this sacrifies he did is a child of our lord jesus christ sacrifies to us.......hope u nderstand waht am tryna portray here cos wahtever u tell this girl now,she no go listen cos to me she has already made up her mind to go along with that fraudulent cunning lawyer and dumping that poor dude!!!!! Abeg where the Girl they self, how I wish there is electronic flogging walahi....I for don flog that hell out of her

all his sacrifices are irrelevant here because her wanting out of the r/ship is not the problem here (as we all can fall out of love), but its the cheap reason she gave that is the problem here.
Re: I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 14, 2017
instead of some guys to focus on developing themselves them go busy dey use d small change dem get dey train women for school and after d women dump Dem they will be blaming buhari

Re: I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On by akaahs(m): 3:04pm On Aug 14, 2017
I don't even belief in this story.
Re: I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On by michaelolushola: 3:06pm On Aug 14, 2017
Menh:
Valerie had no hope of furthering her education until an illiterate Okada rider offered to help her with the intention of marrying her.

My name is Valerie, a 26-year-old lady working with an oil firm in Lagos. I know many people will castigate and condemn me after reading my story but I beg you not to judge me.
Just put yourselves in my shoes and tell me what you would do if you are confronted with this dilemma. I know the decision I have taken will not sit well with some people but then, I have my life to live.

I have been in a relationship with Basil for over 10 years now but I have now outgrown him and want to call it quits but I don't know the best way to go about it without looking like an ingrate and a gold digger.

I was just about 16 and in Senior Secondary School 2 [SSS II], when I lost my parents in an accident. After their sudden death, there was no one to sponsor me in school and I had to drop out and had to go and live with my grandmother in the village.

Things were becoming so difficult for me when Basil came to the village for Christmas. One of my aunts introduced him to me and he asked for my hand in marriage with the promise to send me back to school.

He told me he was a commercial motorcyclist in Lagos and that he would do all he could to assist me. True to his words, Basil registered me in a secondary school where I sat for my school certificate examinations and when I got admission into the university, he also agreed to sponsor me.

He did all these with the hope of getting married to me in future which I accepted. While in school, I was always telling him to try and upgrade himself but he kept promising to do so without making any effort.

Even when I came to visit him in Lagos, I was shocked at the place he stayed but I tried my best to hide my dismay.

To cut the long story short, I am now a graduate with a good job and I think I have outgrown him. He is illiterate and I cannot see myself getting married to him.

I met this guy who is a lawyer and he has proposed marriage to me and after telling him about Basil, he said he would pay off anything he spent on me.

But my problem is how to tell Basil that I am not ready to marry an illiterate. How would people in our village look at me? My happiness is that he did not pay anything on my head which would make him lay a claim on me.

http://www.pulse.ng/gist/i-have-outgrown-my-boyfriend-i-want-to-move-on-id7142794.html

I think she has a right to her own happiness and i think if Basil really loves her he would agree the same too. She should marry her Doctor while Basil should search for whom to marry on LostRib.com the matchmaking site. This isn't the end of the world, its just two adults deciding about their lives.
Re: I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On by PromiseUche(m): 3:08pm On Aug 14, 2017
Wizklynd23:
what make u think the Guy needs to be flog, while to him his fostering his wife and doing the needful to her....
He lacks orientation.
Haven't he been watching home videos at least to learn from the mistakes shown therein?
Re: I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:13pm On Aug 14, 2017
michaelolushola:
I think she has a right to her own happiness and i think if Basil really loves her he would agree the same too. She should marry her Doctor while Basil should search for whom to marry on LostRib.com the matchmaking site. This isn't the end of the world, its just two adults deciding about their lives.

funny how Basil was perfect to fulfill her happiness (while she was studying), yet as soon as she graduated he became unfit. has Basil suddenly changed? no wonder so many people are dying at the hands of their loving partner. as much as it is wrong, i would certainly "understand" why such benefactor would want to severely punish this ungrateful babe.
Re: I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On by UGLEEBOI: 3:31pm On Aug 14, 2017
Op, what's the title of the film....

Re: I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On by Wizklynd23(m): 3:38pm On Aug 14, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

all his sacrifices are irrelevant here because her wanting out of the r/ship is not the problem here (as we all can fall out of love), but its the cheap reason she gave that is the problem here.
It is true what u said!!! But this Girl no get sense ooo
Re: I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On by ReneeNuttall(f): 3:44pm On Aug 14, 2017
U knew u didn't love him,yet u kept receiving money and support from him.
Re: I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On by Wizklynd23(m): 3:45pm On Aug 14, 2017
PromiseUche:

He lacks orientation.
Haven't he been watching home videos at least to learn from the mistakes shown therein?
Look at waht yhur saying while our poor Basil here love don't make am blind and his busy out there struggling to cherished her as much as he can, u think he even get time to sit down and be watching this kinda films... Even the poor Basil is watching such films, u think he may think this girl maybe thinking of such..don't u know this kind stuffs,where some pple believe there case is different because it happened with the other guy that doesn't mean it will happen with him
Re: I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 14, 2017
sinaj:
This one is difficult o!
difficult How? What Has Education Got To Do With Love? She Didnt Know He Was An Illiterate when He Was Spending On Her Education. She Is Wicked! This Is Why Some Men Kill People. And People Will Call Them Evil... I Just Pity The Man. Women Are Funny...
Re: I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On by Wizklynd23(m): 3:52pm On Aug 14, 2017
Pls help me asked her!!! The poor Basil struggling, doing his okada stuffs, saving Money, paying her skul fees upto graduation in uni.. Only for her to be telling us here this rubbish.. It means she truly don't love this dude, because if she does, she couldn't have even Imagined of this self...this your sister need complete deliverance
ReneeNuttall:
;DPls help me asked her!!! The poor Basil struggling, doing his okada stuffs, saving Money, paying her skul fees upto graduation in uni.. Only for her to be telling us here this rubbish.. It means she truly don't love this dude, because if she does, she couldn't have even Imagined of this self...this your sister need complete deliverance
ReneeNuttall:
Re: I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On by ehinmowo: 3:54pm On Aug 14, 2017
D story looks too straight forward though. I don't blame d girl. Bt i will implore the girl to do everything in her power to uplift Basil from his current state. By the way, some pple are born foolish, others acquired foolishness, while some have foolishness imparted to them. Basil have all of these

Register with cawid.com and have new social experience
Re: I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On by Wizklynd23(m): 3:56pm On Aug 14, 2017
michaelolushola:

who be this
Re: I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On by ReneeNuttall(f): 4:00pm On Aug 14, 2017
Wizklynd23:
Pls help me asked her!!! The poor Basil struggling, doing his okada stuffs, saving Money, paying her skul fees upto graduation in uni.. Only for her to be telling us here this rubbish.. It means she truly don't love this dude, because if she does, she couldn't have even Imagined of this self...this your sister need complete deliverance ;DPls help me asked her!!! The poor Basil struggling, doing his okada stuffs, saving Money, paying her skul fees upto graduation in uni.. Only for her to be telling us here this rubbish.. It means she truly don't love this dude, because if she does, she couldn't have even Imagined of this self...this your sister need complete deliverance

First of all she's not my sis secondly I doubt the authenticity of the story.It was something similar to this that made a guy pour acid on his would be wife. Imagine a man going tru thick and tin just to ensure he empows and educates a lady ,even wen he can't educate himself, Then d lady dumps him for a newbie.Its painful,imagine d psychological trauma he will go tru.Its like wasting a huge chunk of his life for nothing. This can even trigger suicidal thoughts.
Re: I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On by Wizklynd23(m): 4:03pm On Aug 14, 2017
ehinmowo:
D story looks too straight forward though. I don't blame d girl. Bt i will implore the girl to do everything in her power to uplift Basil from his current state. By the way, some pple are born foolish, others acquired foolishness, while some have foolishness imparted to them. Basil have all of these

Register with cawid.com and have new social experience
.. Somehow the poor Basil is foolish and I think the most I have ever heard of..How can you be upgrading one yeye Girl and leave yourself being outdated...sometimes I wonder how some people think..... I hope when she got the guts to face him and talk this rubbish to him, he will understand a BIG mistake that he made in the Past 10yrs......
Re: I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On by Paretomaster(m): 4:19pm On Aug 14, 2017
He upgraded u, so if u r not an ingrate, it's time for you to upgrade him too.. .....

Let him enrol in adult class, change environment for him, and support him too.
Re: I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On by Wizklynd23(m): 4:43pm On Aug 14, 2017
ReneeNuttall:

This can even trigger suicidal thoughts.
certainly it may!!! But waht do u think this lady should do?? She don't love him cos thats how I view it, those reasons she gave for not loving him are just pooo(rubbish) to me and he has sacrifies alot for her in the name of marrying her.....
Re: I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On by ReneeNuttall(f): 4:46pm On Aug 14, 2017
Wizklynd23:
certainly it may!!! But waht do u think this lady should do?? She don't love him cos thats how I view it, those reasons she gave for not loving him are just pooo(rubbish) to me and he has sacrifies alot for her in the name of marrying her.....

I sincerely don't knw
Re: I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On by Lewaluv(f): 4:54pm On Aug 14, 2017
He helped you in your time of need. Karma will arrive and the lawyer will do the same thing.
Re: I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 14, 2017
Basil fulfilled his agreement and promise to you, why not fulfill yours! You can organize Adult education for him to get him in good shape. If he didn't fulfill his promise to you, you won't be were you are today, so fulfill yours.

Put yourself in the same shoe, you sponsor a guy with the money you made from the proceed of selling tomatoes and akara in the market square, he became big, then looks at you as illiterate, and call you off, tell me what what will you do!

1 Like

Re: I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 14, 2017
Menh:
Valerie had no hope of furthering her education until an illiterate Okada rider offered to help her with the intention of marrying her.

My name is Valerie, a 26-year-old lady working with an oil firm in Lagos. I know many people will castigate and condemn me after reading my story but I beg you not to judge me.
Just put yourselves in my shoes and tell me what you would do if you are confronted with this dilemma. I know the decision I have taken will not sit well with some people but then, I have my life to live.

I have been in a relationship with Basil for over 10 years now but I have now outgrown him and want to call it quits but I don't know the best way to go about it without looking like an ingrate and a gold digger.

I was just about 16 and in Senior Secondary School 2 [SSS II], when I lost my parents in an accident. After their sudden death, there was no one to sponsor me in school and I had to drop out and had to go and live with my grandmother in the village.

Things were becoming so difficult for me when Basil came to the village for Christmas. One of my aunts introduced him to me and he asked for my hand in marriage with the promise to send me back to school.

He told me he was a commercial motorcyclist in Lagos and that he would do all he could to assist me. True to his words, Basil registered me in a secondary school where I sat for my school certificate examinations and when I got admission into the university, he also agreed to sponsor me.

He did all these with the hope of getting married to me in future which I accepted. While in school, I was always telling him to try and upgrade himself but he kept promising to do so without making any effort.

Even when I came to visit him in Lagos, I was shocked at the place he stayed but I tried my best to hide my dismay.

To cut the long story short, I am now a graduate with a good job and I think I have outgrown him. He is illiterate and I cannot see myself getting married to him.

I met this guy who is a lawyer and he has proposed marriage to me and after telling him about Basil, he said he would pay off anything he spent on me.

But my problem is how to tell Basil that I am not ready to marry an illiterate. How would people in our village look at me? My happiness is that he did not pay anything on my head which would make him lay a claim on me.

http://www.pulse.ng/gist/i-have-outgrown-my-boyfriend-i-want-to-move-on-id7142794.html

The fact that the writer was worried enough to pen down this dilema shows she knows about judgment. But I also hope she knows about justice. This might be the greatest test of her life. Her life henceforth will be the outcome of her decision, ego or no ego.

And the Lawyer, does he know what pains an okada man goes through daily to pay school fees ? Common mehn. What the lawyer needs to do as justice is not paying back the money, but riding okada for 5 yrs.

4 Likes

Re: I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On by Martin0(m): 5:18pm On Aug 14, 2017
Lewaluv:
He helped you in your time of need. Karma will arrive and the lawyer will do the same thing.

Hahahahah tell dem eee..
Re: I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:50pm On Aug 14, 2017
Wizklynd23:
It is true what u said!!! But this Girl no get sense ooo

very true, NO SENSE whatsoever.
Re: I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On by possesscable(m): 8:46pm On Aug 14, 2017
After wasting 10years of his life and money na DAT time you know say him no qualify

Nonsense

1 Like

Re: I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On by slizzyb(m): 8:50pm On Aug 14, 2017
No run come here to complain when he starts to revenge ooo. U cannot waste a man's solid 10 years effort, he lived in bad place to be able to provide for you, now ur rejecting him. Kwantinu
Re: I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On by uzoormah(m): 8:58pm On Aug 14, 2017
When he was sending u to secondary and university, u didnt out grow him.. now dat ur nw working in an oil company, u av nw out grown him.. u are a very wicked somebody
this is what happens when a woman has money
WICKED GIRL!!!
*SPITS*
U CAN LEAVE HIM..ITS WHAT U WANT

1 Like

Re: I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 14, 2017
Can imagine how broken that guy will be... 10 long years? How real is these kinda weird stories sef
Re: I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On by faithscharms(f): 9:12pm On Aug 14, 2017
STALE angry
Re: I Have Outgrown My Boyfriend; I Want To Move On by Erums(m): 9:24pm On Aug 14, 2017
Reason i cant sponsor someone else child weda dead or not.....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Don't Believe I Can Find Love Again, Take A Look At How It All Started (shot) / Is Masturbation Really Bad? / Guys,what Do You Think About This With My Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.