Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. (7161 Views)

What Makes You Think Divided Nigeria Will Be Better Than This One / Prof Sagay Says Corruption Has Greatly Reduced Under Buhari's Government / Olawepo Hashim Vows To Reconcile Divided Nigeria, Fix Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by Okoroawusa: 8:56am On Aug 16, 2017
[quote author=Thewrath post=59518849]
The attacks on Igbos started after the 2015 election,what do you what Igbos to do,sit back and not retaliate?[/quote

My reply:

Show me a thread where those words were used against the Igbo and I'll peruse the thread and show you that it is a response to some provocations by the Igbo. You see, we always wonder about the abusive online Igbo, whether they exist offline at all. The Igbo you meet offline are hardly any rude or uncivil and don't offend unnecessarily like Kanu is doing. If you can't be Kanu-like offline, don't be online. So! where does the problem lie?[
Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by Thewrath(m): 9:44am On Aug 16, 2017
[quote author=Okoroawusa post=59520879][/quote]
Mr man,there was a thread titled " can we now conclude that the Igbos are myopic in nature" just days after the election,I don't have the time to start searching for the link now....now if that was not a direct attack,what then is it?

You claim Kanu is making hate speeches but the Yorubas have always been hostile towards the Igbos and their bussinesses since after the war,and don't give me that your "you are accommodating" line as an excuse for the any possible hostility!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by BAILMONEY: 9:50am On Aug 16, 2017
Okoroawusa:

Yorubas r not religion bias like we igbos n the hausas.
Intact if other parts of nigeria see religion wit d liberal mind of d yorubas I dnt think there will be any religious crisis in nigeria.
HERE WE GO AGAINgrin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by SalamRushdie: 10:04am On Aug 16, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Vedaxcool! I support most of your posts because we come from the same ethnic group but on this issue, I would be very objective. Buhari's government has been an epic fail. As for going down the gutter route with you, I would refrain from doing that tonite. The nation is in a mourning mood.

So the reason you like most of his post is because you come from the same ethnic group with him and not because he is making any sense .. I swear you are part of the problem in this country

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by Firefire(m): 10:26am On Aug 16, 2017
moninuola65:

pele omo'ya ajokuta momumi!
nibo leyin wa nigbati gej foju omo yoruba diho oyin,
eni awi fun oba je o gbo eyan tio sigbo fun ra e,
awa o jeka pa dibo fun Buhari, ao si je ka paa yo jonathan nipo,
eyin te nje lowo jonanthan eku ijaporo!
Yoruba si ni dobale fun ran kan ni Nigeria,
o dojo miran ojo ire

Ati ran deran ni otee ati inunibini awon kan si awon iran kan. O ma se oooo embarassed

Ajeokuta momu mi ko, ajee'gi yagbee oro ni. undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by BAILMONEY: 10:29am On Aug 16, 2017
Diademk07:

They are not Yoruba. They are northerners. [b{{I saw Caseless defend the North and insult the Yoruba during Ife saga and as for Madridguy, I've seen him discussing northern affairs countless of times[/b]. I have no problem with them being northerners and their love for their brothers, even as everyone loves to defend their tribesmen but don't label them Yoruba.
ALL THESE THINGS YOU MENTIONED ARE THE REAL CHARACTERISTICS OF A YORUBA MUSLIMS. DO I NEED TO TELL YOU THAT MACLATUNJI AND PROF ISHAQ AKINTOLA ARE BIG TIME DEFENDERS OF FOOLANIS TOO

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by Okoroawusa: 10:41am On Aug 16, 2017
BAILMONEY:
HERE WE GO AGAINgrin
Nna,abum nwa afo igbo.
I bu onye?
Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by Diademk07: 10:42am On Aug 16, 2017
BAILMONEY:
ALL THESE THINGS YOU MENTIONED ARE THE REAL CHARACTERISTICS OF A YORUBA MUSLIMS. DO I NEED TO TELL YOU THAT MACLATUNJI AND PROF ISHAQ AKINTOLA ARE BIG TIME DEFENDERS OF FOOLANIS TOO

Will you keep your worthless mouth shut?

Show me where Maclatunji insulted Yorubas even if he's pronorth? I keep telling loser as yourself that those two aint Yoruba because I know them quite well yet your foolish self is all about spouting nonsensical rubbish.
Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by BAILMONEY: 10:56am On Aug 16, 2017
Diademk07:

Will you keep your worthless mouth shut?

Show me where Maclatunji insulted Yorubas even if he's pronorth? I keep telling loser as yourself that those two aint Yoruba because I know them quite well yet your foolish self is all about spouting nonsensical rubbish.
DAMN I NEVER KNEW THAT I WAS HAVING A CONVO WITH AN AZZHOLE BYE

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by BAILMONEY: 10:59am On Aug 16, 2017
Okoroawusa:

Nna,abum nwa afo igbo.

I bu onye?
I GAT NO BUSINESS WITH WHERE YOU CAME FROMangry BYE

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by Diademk07: 10:59am On Aug 16, 2017
ColonelDrake:

Alcatraz, you have time sha. These Muslims are beyond redemption. I didn't just wake up one day and started hitting at these people. Even deedeee1 and I have had a brawl over this Yoruba Muslims Christians issue. He said I wasn't Yoruba. But the guy has seen things for himself now. I'm not the typical Yoruba you described above in one of your posts that hide things. Not me. Diplomacy and political correctness is not in my dictionary. I say things the way they are with out any sugar coating

You're doing the same thing you accused the muslims of doing na. You're simply in the same category as some of the muslims that supports the Fulani based on their religion because you believes you being a christian, you're superior to the muslims, hence the reason you lumped the Muslims as Yoruba muslims which was coined by the Ibos btw.

The high time you started seeing everyone as Yoruba, the better because we're one regardless of our religious inclination and I hope everyone see that as well. In fact, some of these muslims you think are Yoruba are actually northerners, not Yoruba.
Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 16, 2017
Overall, we need peace in Nigeria backed up by justice. The country can hardly survive a war at this time. A war will have devastaing casualties the type never seen in recent times. The elites will fly off and leave millions to die. We cannot and should never accept that from them. I do hope however that the Presidency will realise that it has an onerous responsibility thrust in their hands by fate to ensure that every Nigerian is treated fairly irrespective of ethnic and religious affiliation. We can hardly a bigoted President at the hems in Nigeria as that would play into the hands at the centrifugal forces who wish to tear the nation apart. I sue for peace amongst our young men on this thread too. I accept that at times, i have acted on emotions and posted bile filled comments to hurt fellow country men. I apologise and i urge us to remain calm,please.
Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by Diademk07: 11:02am On Aug 16, 2017
BAILMONEY:
DAMN I NEVER KNEW THAT I WAS HAVING A CONVO WITH AN AZZHOLE BYE

Why would I keep having convo with a dishonest fellow who's hell bent on seeing what he wants to see? I told you they aint Yoruba because I've known them since forever yet you keeps parroting nonsense..
Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 16, 2017
Diademk07:

You're doing the same thing you accused the muslims of doing na. You're simply in the same category as some of the muslims that supports the Fulani based on their religion because you believes you being a christian, you're superior to the muslims, hence the reason you lumped the Muslims as Yoruba muslims which was coined by the Ibos btw.

The high time you started seeing everyone as Yoruba, the better because we're one regardless of our religious inclination and I hope everyone see that as well. In fact, some of these muslims you think are Yoruba are actually northerners, not Yoruba.
Guy, shove your advice up your ass. Don't tell me everyone is Yoruba. Yes,we may all be Yoruba after all, Yoruba is just a word or a name and does not describe our behaviour, core values and characteristics. Yoruba Christians, liberals and traditionalists are more progressive in nature. They have progressive ideologies. Yoruba Muslims on the flip side are on the opposite side. They have similar ideologies and behaviors with the Hausa fulani (violence, Extremism, religion bigotry, uncontrolled child bearing, and retrogressive in general).
Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by BAILMONEY: 11:17am On Aug 16, 2017
Diademk07:

Why would I keep having convo with a dishonest fellow who's hell bent on seeing what he wants to see? I told you they aint Yoruba because I've known them since forever yet you keeps parroting nonsense..
THEY ARE ALL YORUBA MUSLIMS
Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 16, 2017
BAILMONEY:
Let him keep deceiving himself and painting a false perception of reality. At least nairaland is anonymous, direct him to Facebook, Punch and FFKs page and check the names of the commenters. The pro north, Hausa Fulani oligarchy comments are usually made BT Yoruba Muslims. They will be the one to tell us nmadi KANU is playing with fire and calling on fg to arrest him. Whatever their business with KANU and biafra , I don't get

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by malton: 11:29am On Aug 16, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Vedaxcool! I support most of your posts because we come from the same ethnic group but on this issue, I would be very objective. Buhari's government has been an epic fail. As for going down the gutter route with you, I would refrain from doing that tonite. The nation is in a mourning mood.

shocked

Did you just type this without any iota of Shame?

So you concur to everything someone else says not because they make sense but because they are of your ethnic stock?

You deserve to be flogged in the open!

And, about Donald Trump, there's just too much ignorance in there. The only thing you managed to get right is the headline!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 16, 2017
Firefire:

Igbayi laaro?

Eni awi fun Oba jeko gbo.

My friend, we warned you people against voting APC & most especially Buhary, you people failed to listen.

The sound minded Omoluabis among us realized already that Buhary is a bad market. Only the potential terrorists among the 'Kaaro ojire' think otherwise.

Aku ojumo'

Cc: Ajepako

The fact that some of us supported Buhari doesn't mean you are right. And I remember your monicker very well. You had one of the most annoying posts before the election. Stop insulting our intelligence here by trying to make us believe Gej was the best thing after slice bread. He's your Messiah, he's never corrupt. Those were your campaign points. You're as bad and sycophantic as those APC zombies.
Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by Diademk07: 11:41am On Aug 16, 2017
ColonelDrake:

Guy, shove your advice up your ass. Don't tell me everyone is Yoruba. Yes,we may all be Yoruba after all, Yoruba is just a word or a name and does not describe our behaviour, core values and characteristics. Yoruba Christians, liberals and traditionalists are more progressive in nature. They have progressive ideologies. Yoruba Muslims on the flip side are on the opposite side. They have similar ideologies and behaviors with the Hausa fulani (violence, Extremism, religion bigotry, uncontrolled child bearing, and retrogressive in general).

Well, I will have you know not all Muslims are retrogressive even as not all christians are progressives. At least try to always remember that.

Would you say Tinubu is a retrogressive or religion bigot even as he's between the red sea on what to do with his party or breaking totally from it altogether? There are other muslims like him as well who are quite progressives..

As a matter of fact, I won't say I'm not aware of your fears. I know quite well there are some muslims among us who have sold off their birth rights and have lost their identity as a Yoruba but the fact is we also have some christians among us who are sell outs as well (FFK especially). Hence, don't lump everyone into your lame category.

Another thing is some of the muslims on nairaland are actually northerners, not Yorubas. I've already made mention of caseless whom I often thought was a Yoruba bastard a few years ago until I later learnt he was a northerner during Ife saga.. So what you think it is may actually be something else.
Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by BAILMONEY: 11:47am On Aug 16, 2017
ColonelDrake:

Let him keep deceiving himself and painting a false perception of reality. At least nairaland is anonymous, direct him to Facebook, Punch and FFKs page and check the names of the commenters. The pro north, Hausa Fulani oligarchy comments are usually made BT Yoruba Muslims. They will be the one to tell us nmadi KANU is playing with fire and calling on fg to arrest him. Whatever their business with KANU and biafra , I don't get
diademk07
Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by Diademk07: 11:50am On Aug 16, 2017
ColonelDrake:

Even FFk is a sellout as well.

Well, that some are pro North doesn't mean they uphold the North than their Yoruba identity. Obj is pro North and has rejected biafra many time but he's one of the core Yoruba you will ever find out there, so I don't know what you're implying.

Why don't you direct me to this facebook page? I might start taking you serious as soon as I see a Yoruba insulting Yoruba race or his identity just so he could lick the North anus.
Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by moninuola65: 11:57am On Aug 16, 2017
Firefire:

Ati ran deran ni otee ati inunibini awon kan si awon iran kan. O ma se oooo embarassed

Ajeokuta momu mi ko, ajee'gi yagbee oro ni. undecided
Firefire you ran out of gun powder?
Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by orisa37: 1:36pm On Aug 16, 2017
Yes. Everybody agrees. And Full Autonomy to each of our 36 States now is the only Solution.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Edo Election: This Just Happened To My Dad / Which Local Government Is The Largest In Terms Of Landmass? / Adamawa Governorship: Trbunal Dismisses Binani's Petition, Affirms Fintiri (PDP)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.