Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage (21432 Views)

Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? / 7 Ways To Know If The Man You're Dating Will Eventually Marry You. / Tips To Make The Man You're Dating Commit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by mamagee3(f): 3:14am On Feb 25, 2010
michelin89:

See una don rubbish this thread. Na2day obviously you don't want women to know why they should never marry you. undecided

REASON: Na2Day is annoying and no woman wants that.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by na2day2(m): 3:29am On Feb 25, 2010
michelin89:

See una don rubbish this thread. Na2day obviously you don't want women to know why they should never marry you. undecided

marry me? if i can have them for free why marry? and if it is marriage, that is abt the easiest thing, there is always one nigerian girl looking for papers or i just go to church and some AA chic will pick me up in no time wink wink wink wink wink

mama-gee:

REASON: Na2Day is annoying and no woman wants that.

surprisingly u count urself a woman! shocked shocked shocked world don spoil finish lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by mamagee3(f): 3:30am On Feb 25, 2010
na2day?:

surprisingly u count urself a woman!  shocked shocked shocked world don spoil finish  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Daft!
I didn't even mention anything about myself. . .
Seriously, Do you act dumb intentionally or are you naturally made lame. . .
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 3:32am On Feb 25, 2010
na2day?:

marry me? if i can have them for free why marry? and if it is marriage, that is abt the easiest thing, there is always one nigerian girl looking for papers or i just go to church and some AA chic will pick me up in no time wink wink wink wink wink

Glad you know only desperados want you. lipsrsealed
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by na2day2(m): 3:33am On Feb 25, 2010
michelin89:

and since u are one of them, how far? grin grin grin
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by mamagee3(f): 3:33am On Feb 25, 2010
michelin89:

Dies. grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 3:33am On Feb 25, 2010
na2day?:

and since u are one of them, how far?  grin grin grin

Omo, nor insult me ooo. angry
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by na2day2(m): 3:35am On Feb 25, 2010
michelin89:

Omo, nor insult me ooo. angry

na insult me that? i dey compliment ur skillz, abi u want me to show u wetin insult be? tongue tongue tongue
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 3:37am On Feb 25, 2010
na2day?:

na insult me that? i dey [b]compliment [/b]your skillz, abi u want me to show u wetin insult be? tongue tongue tongue

I send that curse back to you.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by na2day2(m): 3:42am On Feb 25, 2010
michelin89:

I send that curse back to you.

i dodge am grin grin grin
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 3:47am On Feb 25, 2010
na2day?:

i dodge am grin grin grin

Omo see am for your right. . .*hits you on the left* tongue
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by na2day2(m): 4:06am On Feb 25, 2010
michelin89:

Omo see am for your right. . .*hits you on the left* tongue

lie! that was my shadow tongue tongue
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 4:11am On Feb 25, 2010
na2day?:

lie! that was my shadow  tongue tongue

Lie. . .your shadow has long abandoned you. It was tired of being under a heavy weight like you. tongue
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 4:22am On Feb 25, 2010
michelin89:

Lie. . .your shadow has long abandoned you. It was tired of being under a heavy weight like you. tongue
ok, this got me rotfl grin
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by topup: 5:23am On Feb 25, 2010
What pisses me off though is that it's not the problem of the guys to stop lying, it's the woman's job to be sort of paranoid and on tip toes and of course smart (it's always good to be smart) smiley

But it's like, you'll call a guy, and at this point you probably already have the vibe (if we're honest) that he's not that into you anymore, but when you're getting pissed, instead of him taking the initiative to end the relationship - he comes up with excuses. (And all your friends, male and female advise you not to be the stereotype psycho girlfriend who is like "Why won't you call me." and pester's her poor and genuinely busy man who could also be going through some emotional problems (a frequent excuse) - chasing him away from her).

I read somewhere  (written by a guy) that in all honesty, most men are cowards when it comes to being honest, the last thing they want is to tell you the truth because they know they'll appear like jerks, they might have to see you cry and they'll break your heart. They would much rather you break up with them, they push you to the limits because in all honesty - yes some girls don't get the clue - but at the same time they are being repeatedly lied to - any decent human being would naturally think that -"if he doesn't want to be with me - he'll leave".

Ignoring your phone calls, only to call back 2 days later saying "Sorry, I've just been so busy with work." is not the same as saying; "I've been tired of this relationship for a while and I want to end it." It's just not, I just hate it how the automatic response is to blame the person who actually believes the crap and not the bullsh*tter themself.

This isn't just limited to guys, girls do it too "Oh, babe yeah, I was thinking about you all that time I was apart from you. Of course I still. . . care."
Lol.

Anyways back to the points raised from this topic; guys should really man up and just be honest, don't start something you can't finish, don't coward out - distance yourself, forcing her to break up with you.

More girls break up with their boyfriends than boys who break up with their girlfriends, because guys are said to be less emotional and that they can just withdraw just like that without really thinking twice or caring sometimes.

Sad really.

I will close with the line: "Forget giving her hints, just man up and tell her you want out you big baby!!"

Yours,
Tp
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by na2day2(m): 6:54am On Feb 25, 2010
michelin89:

really? while urs is too skinny to lift a leg? tongue tongue tongue
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 25, 2010
na2day?:

really? while urs is too skinny to lift a leg? tongue tongue tongue

I am not skinny! angry
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by na2day2(m): 4:26pm On Feb 25, 2010
michelin89:

I am not skinny! angry

right! how can u know the differences between a pack of bones and bones in a pack tongue tongue
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by luvbooks(f): 6:50pm On Feb 25, 2010
topup:

What pisses me off though is that it's not the problem of the guys to stop lying, it's the woman's job to be sort of paranoid and on tip toes and of course smart (it's always good to be smart) smiley

But it's like, you'll call a guy, and at this point you probably already have the vibe (if we're honest) that he's not that into you anymore, but when you're getting pissed, instead of him taking the initiative to end the relationship - he comes up with excuses. (And all your friends, male and female advise you not to be the stereotype psycho girlfriend who is like "Why won't you call me." and pester's her poor and genuinely busy man who could also be going through some emotional problems (a frequent excuse) - chasing him away from her).

I read somewhere  (written by a guy) that in all honesty, most men are cowards when it comes to being honest, the last thing they want is to tell you the truth because they know they'll appear like jerks, they might have to see you cry and they'll break your heart. They would much rather you break up with them, they push you to the limits because in all honesty - yes some girls don't get the clue - but at the same time they are being repeatedly lied to - any decent human being would naturally think that -"if he doesn't want to be with me - he'll leave".

Ignoring your phone calls, only to call back 2 days later saying "Sorry, I've just been so busy with work." is not the same as saying; "I've been tired of this relationship for a while and I want to end it." It's just not, I just hate it how the automatic response is to blame the person who actually believes the crap and not the bullsh*tter themself.

This isn't just limited to guys, girls do it too "Oh, babe yeah, I was thinking about you all that time I was apart from you. Of course I still. . . care."
Lol.

Anyways back to the points raised from this topic; guys should really man up and just be honest, don't start something you can't finish, don't coward out - distance yourself, forcing her to break up with you.

More girls break up with their boyfriends than boys who break up with their girlfriends, because guys are said to be less emotional and that they can just withdraw just like that without really thinking twice or caring sometimes.

Sad really.

I will close with the line: "Forget giving her hints, just man up and tell her you want out you big baby!!"

Yours,
Tp

I think I read that book too. Was it " He's Just Not That Into You " . . . ?
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by topup: 5:22am On Feb 26, 2010
luvbooks:

I think I read that book too. Was it " He's Just Not That Into You " . . . ?

Yeah!! Great book it really showed me an alternative point of view but confirmed most of my existing opinions. Good choice smiley
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by kyuubi: 6:20am On Feb 26, 2010
All is free, and (mostly) fair, in love and war
If you are not emotionally or intellectually 'up to it' for a relationship, I beg stay out of it and remain single, otherwise take your medicine like a good boy/girl undecided
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by OBLONG(m): 2:16am On Mar 03, 2010
I teach players lessions. Enuff said!
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by OmoFyne: 3:26am On Mar 03, 2010
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by hotstuff1(f): 4:29pm On Mar 05, 2010
if all he ever wnts from u daily is to shag, n shag, n shag, n shag, n u guyz neva hv a reasonable responsible conversation,
One word,
RUN!!
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by MINAY2K: 9:09pm On Mar 06, 2010
davidson or watever it is dey cal u is it a must dat u should show urself on nairaland, anyway na d girl i blame wey dey waste her cooking talent on u, instead wey she go reserve am 4 her husband nd children

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

6 Reasons Why I Prefer Online Hook Up for a purposeful romance. / A Valentine's day Message Most Nigerian Girls Won't Appreciate / Should A Jobless Guy Go Into A Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.