Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage (21427 Views)

Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? / 7 Ways To Know If The Man You're Dating Will Eventually Marry You. / Tips To Make The Man You're Dating Commit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 5:00pm On Feb 18, 2010
tachi:

lmao!

Interesting.

Some replies here have surprised me tho.e.g davidylan's.

Always struck me like a straightforward,right-btw-the-eyes kinda person.

anyways, wat do i know o

Girls just need to be wise
If a lady turns herself into Ijebu garri, guys go drink am
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by kemisuga(f): 5:23pm On Feb 18, 2010
Good Topic, really got some sense in this. smiley smiley smiley

Thank you poster. cool cool cool
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by na2day2(m): 6:27pm On Feb 18, 2010
it's all lies! lies i tell u!
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 18, 2010
tachi:

lmao!

Interesting.

Some replies here have surprised me tho.e.g davidylan's.

Always struck me like a straightforward,right-btw-the-eyes kinda person.

anyways, wat do i know o

shocked shocked grin I am as straight-forward as they come . . . and i cant lead a woman on for 2 weeks max as long as i know i have no interest in her. If she chooses to stick around and waste her time . . . her loss IMO.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Sauron1: 6:40pm On Feb 18, 2010
0hsisi:

not people like[b] Sauron and pataki [/b] that'll be dating a girl for donkey years without her even knowing their middle or last names grin

I am suing for defamation of character.
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by na2day2(m): 6:46pm On Feb 18, 2010
~Sauron~:

I am suing for defamation of character.
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

i will be ur lawyer. btw is it true? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Pataki: 6:50pm On Feb 18, 2010
@ Ohsisi,

What do you mean by ladies don't know my middle and last names ehn? LOL. Abeg oh, I am not one of those randy pot bellied dudes, looking for cheap and available girls. Every woman I have ever dated respects one thing about me; I am as straight forward as it can be. I do not mince words, and I tell you as it is.

Unfortunately, the women of our times rather prefer excessive sweet tongues and silly flattery mixed with the vanities of this world.

For the true women out there that desire the good qualities in a man, I only have one thing to state: remain true to yourself. We men surely know what we want. Trying to give us a mixed variation of you, surely makes matters worse for all parties involved.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 18, 2010
the truth is women prefer being lied to.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by tachi(f): 6:54pm On Feb 18, 2010
davidylan:

shocked shocked grin I am as straight-forward as they come . . . and i cant lead a woman on for 2 weeks max as long as i know i have no interest in her. If she chooses to stick around and waste her time . . . her loss IMO.

hmmmm, i feel u jare
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by tachi(f): 7:07pm On Feb 18, 2010
davidylan:

well.i dnt know about that.

some women maybe
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Pataki: 7:09pm On Feb 18, 2010
@ davidylan,

You are so right. And any relationship based on flattery, lies and deception cannot stand the test of time. More reason why I do not pity women when they come with their whinging cries about heartbreaks.

There must have been something a lady has done or shown to a guy for a guy to cook-up lies just in order to sway you off your feet at first. When would ladies start accepting a guy for what he is rather than who is he?
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by amebono1: 7:13pm On Feb 18, 2010
@osisi

Abeg i waka b4 i turned 20, so late teens,hahaha

@luvbrook

Age?na nt telling, else u want me to lie, ive told pple lies here abt d age issue, bt my dad promised to cut the guys abunna if he steps his foot inside his house promised to cut
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by na2day2(m): 7:13pm On Feb 18, 2010
davidylan:

nailed it!  wink wink wink wink
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 7:21pm On Feb 18, 2010
tachi:

well.i dnt know about that.

some women maybe

Its just the truth . . .

Only rarely do you find a woman you can be 110% honest with and such women are usually the type any serious man will marry without thinking too much about.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 7:23pm On Feb 18, 2010
!amebo no1:

@osisi

Abeg i waka b4 i turned 20, so late teens,hahaha

@luvbrook

Age?na nt telling, else u want me to lie, ive told pple lies here abt d age issue, bt my dad promised to cut the guys abunna if he steps his foot inside his house promised to cut

Jehovah!
you were a teen bride?
Jenny nwa nma
did you know what you wanted as a teenager?
The man no even gree you test other waters kai!
anyway sha, I'll rather my child married as an 18 or 19 year old than present me with an unfortunate belle

well I read that omotola Jalade's hubby married her that early too and they're both happy.
there's no guarantee that marriage is better when the woman is in her late 20's or 30's
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 7:27pm On Feb 18, 2010
kemisuga:

Good Topic, really got some sense in this. smiley smiley smiley

Thank you poster. cool cool cool

You're welcome
there are some mean dudes out there and ladies have to be fore warned grin
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 7:38pm On Feb 18, 2010
Pataki:

@ davidylan,

You are so right. And any relationship based on flattery, lies and deception cannot stand the test of time. More reason why I do not pity women when they come with their whinging cries about heartbreaks.

There must have been something a lady has done or shown to a guy for a guy to cook-up lies just in order to sway you off your feet at first. When would ladies start accepting a guy for what he is rather than who is he?

Biko my dear,don't blame it on the woman alone,there are some very deceptive guys out there who will lie through their rotten teeth at the drop of a hat grin
Is it not how  recently I was stuck on a plane for hours with this very Igbotic man that was heading home
Jesus is Lord!
The man annoyed me no be small
Irritating!
na so so lies ,about how he has this and that
how his ex wife did this and that
how he only dates American ladies now
Meanwhile the eediot was eyeing me.
I was like,even if I wanted to cheat on my husband,is it with this one that looks like he escaped from Abakpa Nike zoo
haba!
I may be older but I still have taste and class abeg. wink
I even asked what he did for a living,he said he was an accountant.
I almost vomited the peanuts and biscotti they gave me on that flight. grin grin
The only accounting he did was perhaps in his taxi cab driving down main street.
The man was wearing some tracksuit abi na sweatsuit with a bb hat heading home
abomination!
this man must be at least 52.

so men do those things to impress women but to a smart woman,they sound like m0rons
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 18, 2010
The man annoyed me no be small
Irritating!
na so so lies ,about how he has this and that
how his ex wife did this and that
how he only dates American ladies now
Meanwhile the eediot was eyeing me.

I bet it was the same lies the ex-wife found out that made her deal with him.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by fifi09(f): 7:51pm On Feb 18, 2010
!amebo no1:

Osisi i agree with everything but, the meeting his mother aspect, alot of men have gone as far as proposing to a gurl, meeting her family just to get inbtw her legs, there is this guy in europe who's introduced if not a million girls to his mum,and the mum knows that this dude is just out there to sleep with women, introducing to mum is not a guarantee to marriage, introducing to the whole family member is not a guarantee to marriage, i was introduced to someones family members and even had his mum begging me to come to the east to spend some time with her, at the end of the day i married someone else

I've seen couples separate after trad wedding, men of these days can even go along with the wedding plans until hes gotten what he wants

I agree with chika on the part of a guy being excited when he meets the right woman and wants to marry her ASAP, i did not date my husband for up to 3 months before he proposed.
In all if a girl isnt ready to be deceived the best thing is keep your legs closed, even if the guy leaves you tomorrow, sucide will be far from your mind
I concur!

We all know the saying "Actions Speak Louder Then Words" and in a mans world this is so true.

Ladies, you don't want a man to "settle" for you; your partner should see you as his first choice or something is wrong.

Always, always, always remember trying to change any man after getting married to him will only make both of you miserable.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 7:53pm On Feb 18, 2010
stillwater:

I bet it was the same lies the ex-wife found out that made her deal with him.

Exactly

As soon as we landed, I had to call my best friend to gist her about this man
I had never been so disgusted by any man
Gosh!
and this was a 5 hr flight so as soon as the first round of conversation ended,I bought the inflight movies quickly and occupied myself with headphones and also listened to romantic music  to forget the nightmare sitting by me,and I only got to talk with him again just before the end of the flight
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by dogzymallo: 7:54pm On Feb 18, 2010
good topic uve succeeded in making more girls desperate, u girls and marriage u hide ure true nature till u enter the unfortunate guys house and turn it upside down
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 18, 2010
Is this a female pity-party gathering? grin

On a more serious note . . . when a man truly LOVES you (as against merely likes you or thinks you're a cute person he can hang with), he shows it. Men are not monsters, you can basically tell if a man is keeping you as a potential wife or as a mere bedmate (if you're 100% honest with yourself you will pick up the vibes). When a man has made up his mind he wont marry you . . . trying to change him is a waste of time.

To be honest . . . 99% of men dating you and professing to "love" you spend a lot of their free time away from you busy looking up potential wives to replace you. At least i confess i do this a lot.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 8:12pm On Feb 18, 2010
davidylan:

On a more serious note . . . when a man truly LOVES you (as against merely likes you or thinks you're a cute person he can hang with), he shows it. Men are not monsters, you can basically tell if a man is keeping you as a potential wife or as a mere bedmate (if you're 100% honest with yourself you will pick up the vibes). When a man has made up his mind he wont marry you . . . trying to change him is a waste of time.

To be honest . . . 99% of men dating you and professing to "love" you spend a lot of their free time away from you busy looking up potential wives to replace you. At least i confess i do this a lot.

At least you're being honest here
Please let the girls know that too
This romance and falling in love thing is very serious for us females
many of us don't give our hearts easily and it hurts when we get played by what you thought was a potential
You need to see girls who have been played call up friends and cry about it
It's almost like they lost someone by death
a gf of mine wasted a solid 3 years with this eediot in this America
I wish I could publish his name here
strung the girl on,fixed and refixed wedding dates and some of us were eargerly waiting for the ashoebi
only for the man to quietly dump her
he had dumped her way back but poor girl didn't read the writing even though some of us who are more savvy read it and warned her.
Imagine a fiance that will not return 3 calls for 5 days and more
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by fifi09(f): 8:16pm On Feb 18, 2010
davidylan:

Yup. I totally agree with ya!
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Pataki: 8:57pm On Feb 18, 2010
@ Ohsisi,

I know you do want to protect your gender. I just finished having a chat with a female friend of mine somewhere in Eastern Europe. She was telling me about her heartaches involving two men. When I stated women are confused, I know what I am saying.

She has been dating this Igbo dude for over a year now. The guy remains the most sincere and loving guy she has ever dated. Two months ago, the guy traveled to Nigeria. Around last year, my female friend met this dude from Germany, who knew she was in a relationship, but kept professing love to her. She remained true to the Igbo man. Until recently, she developed strong feelings for this Germany resident guy. He comes visiting her somewhere in Europe some days back, called her and told her his location. Informed her to take a taxi and meet him at his hotel. My friend obeyed. She got to the hotel, expecting that they would shag for the whole night.

The germany dude, simply gave her a hug and went to sleep with her beside him throughout the whole night. My female friend got annoyed and asked the dude, why did you ask me to come and see you tonight? He replied her with a question: ''what is it that you want tonight?'' She said, SEX! The guy replied her, ''I want love''. Now my female friend is madly in love with this germany guy, wants to break up the relationship with her Igbo bf, who is still in naija. She is already in a state of mental depression.

Tell me, why should a man not play up with deception with women? Do women deserve the best of qualities in a man, and when they do get it, why are they so foolish to throw it all away.

You can give all the emotional radars and sensors a woman should look for in a serious man, but the truth is that, most women can never be satisfied with what they have in their respective men.

Enough said.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Sauron1: 9:34pm On Feb 18, 2010
0hsisi:

You're welcome
there are some mean dudes out there and ladies have to be fore warned grin

Women prefer the lies.
Without the lies, the men cannot score.
Men must score so they have to lie. grin
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 9:35pm On Feb 18, 2010
Pataki:

@ Ohsisi,

I know you do want to protect your gender. I just finished having a chat with a female friend of mine somewhere in Eastern Europe. She was telling me about her heartaches involving two men. When I stated women are confused, I know what I am saying.

She has been dating this Igbo dude for over a year now. The guy remains the most sincere and loving guy she has ever dated. Two months ago, the guy traveled to Nigeria. Around last year, my female friend met this dude from Germany, who knew she was in a relationship, but kept professing love to her. She remained true to the Igbo man. Until recently, she developed strong feelings for this Germany resident guy. He comes visiting her somewhere in Europe some days back, called her and told her his location. Informed her to take a taxi and meet him at his hotel. My friend obeyed. She got to the hotel, expecting that they would sleep with for the whole night.

The germany dude, simply gave her a hug and went to sleep with her beside him throughout the whole night. My female friend got annoyed and asked the dude, why did you ask me to come and see you tonight? He replied her with a question: ''what is it that you want tonight?'' She said, intimacy! The guy replied her, ''I want love''. Now my female friend is madly in love with this germany guy, wants to break up the relationship with her Igbo bf, who is still in naija. She is already in a state of mental depression.

Tell me, why should a man not play up with deception with women? Do women deserve the best of qualities in a man, and when they do get it, why are they so foolish to throw it all away.

You can give all the emotional radars and sensors a woman should look for in a serious man, but the truth is that, most women can never be satisfied with what they have in their respective men.

Enough said.

What a tramp!
Because her  serious BF traveled to Nigeria,she already has someone to fill in the blank spaces grin
she deserves what she gets from the Germany dude
I hope the Okonkwo in Nigeria finds out and drops her behind
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 9:38pm On Feb 18, 2010
~Sauron~:

Women prefer the lies.
[size=24pt]Without the lies, the men cannot score.

Men must score so they have to lie[/size]. grin

From the horse's mouth
let all the YIMers and YAMers hear this one  o
all these transatlantic  shopping  sorry, chopping trips that has been going on in this nairaland since 2006 grin
I'm sure many regret it but others need to learn
BTW I haven't heard whitelexi's input on this thread
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 18, 2010
0hsisi:

From the horse's mouth
let all the YIMers and YAMers hear this one  o
all these transatlantic  shopping  sorry, chopping trips that has been going on in this nairaland since 2006 grin
I'm sure many regret it but others need to learn
BTW I haven't heard whitelexi's input on this thread

women are desperate . . . i dont think they will listen to you. grin
Truth be told, by the time a woman is about 28 with no serious bf in tow, she's no longer interested in your pontificating.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 9:55pm On Feb 18, 2010
davidylan:

women are desperate . . . i dont think they will listen to you. grin
Truth be told, by the time a woman is about 28 with no serious bf in tow, she's no longer interested in your pontificating.

Hmm
This America has done our girls many things
very few eligible men
I better train my girls to target and lock down a man when they're in their 3rd year in the university highest grin
many overgrown girls in this US of A
the thing fears me  grin
many girls here will finish first degree,do masters,enter med school,start residency still no man has asked her nne how much? grin
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by oyinda3(f): 10:00pm On Feb 18, 2010
0hsisi:

Hmm
This America has done our girls many things
very few eligible men
I better train my girls to target and lock down a man when they're in their 3rd year in the university highest grin
many overgrown girls in this US of A
the thing fears me  grin
many girls here will finish first degree,do masters,enter med school,start residency still no man has asked her nne how much? grin

lol
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/07/fashion/07campus.html

in the future, women will be the ones asking men out. most of the american couples i know, the girl asked the guy out. and we know they are usually ahead of us, trend wise wink
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Sauron1: 10:00pm On Feb 18, 2010
0hsisi:

Their attitude STINKS!!!
Eligible men prefer going to Naija to marry than all these chics in disapora who have nothing to offer morally. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Another Nigeria Married Women Caught Cheating Again (pictures Incuded) / 6 Reasons Why I Prefer Online Hook Up for a purposeful romance. / A Valentine's day Message Most Nigerian Girls Won't Appreciate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.