Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,847 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1511104 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Deebay: 10:00pm On Sep 05, 2017
I am a 26yrs old biologist ,and we have a baby girl of one year. I just have 2years working experience In a clinic where I work.
my husband is a 36 year old physicist with 9 years working experience, he has already done a Wes evaluation, and he is in USA working at the moment , he is wants to write IELTS soon.
but from the information I have gotten from here seems like I have a better chance as the principal applicant ,than my husband who is 36 years old but has 9 years work experience ,which I just have two years in a small clinic.
but I don't have travel history at all and I have been denied USA visa Four times.
please who amongst us stands a better chance .
[/quote]

You should also write ielts, you both should try to aim high in all four sections.
When the result is out you can then decide to see who amongst both of you has a high crs score.
Also use the crs calculator to simulate scores using the highest scores in ielts, this will also give you an idea of who can be the PA.
I believe your husband degree weather evaluated a Bachelor not professional degree, I guess the person that responded earlier thought you wrote physician.
Been denied visa in the past doesn't matter, koko is to answer yes when asked.
For any work experience claimed, ref letter will be requested for post ITA

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Deebay: 10:05pm On Sep 05, 2017
mamapee2017:

Thanks for the advice, it a bachelors degree he holds in physics electronics and he worked with a telecom company.
when the time comes to show employment history and all other proof of employment , hope it won't be difficult as he is not in the country or what do you think ?

He will be requested to upload work reference letter post ITA for any work claim.
What about his work experience in US? How long has he been working there?
If he can get work ref letter in cic format from his naija employers then no problem.
If he can get same for his US employer too then no problem.
Or is the 9 years work experience all naija?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Deebay: 10:09pm On Sep 05, 2017
smiley
mamapee2017:

when the time comes to show employment history and all other proof of employment , hope it won't be difficult as he is not in the country or what do you think ?

How about you, can you also get work reference letter in cic format from your work place ie the clinic?
You have to start weighing in all the possible avenues so as to know who amongst both of you will be the PA so as to channel energy and resources in that direction.
Sorry I responded more than once
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 05, 2017
AwesomeGod:
Thanks a lot. How do i get the phone number to fax to?

WES Canada Fax Number: 416-972-9004.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DereI(f): 10:59pm On Sep 05, 2017
Update:

So I received the documents receipt confirmation email from IQAS today.

My documents were delivered to them on 9th of August.

Keeping the faith alive.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MzWalls: 11:01pm On Sep 05, 2017
Feygbe:

I also had my transcripts sent to WES USA Instead of WES Canada.

Here's what I did: I called WES USA and kindly implored them to send the transcripts to WES Canada, explaining it was sent to them in error.
Shikena! They sent it free to WES Canada and asked me to kindly write the correct address next time grin

Thank you. Will do same....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 11:11pm On Sep 05, 2017
nnekdre:

I suggest your husband should be the PA with his job description being calculated as a professional degree course and his work experience he scores more about 440 irrespective of his age with a very good IETLS score from both of you . If you are to be the PA your having just BSC and 2 years working experience reduces your CRS score to about 414 irrespective of how good you both IETLS score are. I suggest you guys prepare hard for your IELTS and aim for a good band mostly in listening and reading and you can evaluate your result too then you good to go. You can check on the CRS

A physicist isn't a professional.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Saintp(m): 11:23pm On Sep 05, 2017
DereI:
Update:
So I received the documents receipt confirmation email from IQAS today.
My documents were delivered to them on 9th of August.
Keeping the faith alive.
Is it the ones you faxed to them or transcript school sent to them?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 11:27pm On Sep 05, 2017
mamapee2017:
hello house,
Am new and I have gained some much knowledge , from this thread which am very grateful to everyone who made contributions in one way or the other.

however I want clarity on this issue please.

I am a 26yrs old biologist ,and we have a baby girl of one year. I just have 2years working experience In a clinic where I work.
my husband is a 36 year old physicist with 9 years working experience, he has already done a Wes evaluation, and he is in USA working at the moment , he is wants to write IELTS soon.
but from the information I have gotten from here seems like I have a better chance as the principal applicant ,than my husband who is 36 years old but has 9 years work experience ,which I just have two years in a small clinic.
but I don't have travel history at all and I have been denied USA visa Four times.
please who amongst us stands a better chance .

I think u r a better applicant.
A couple of people were denied visas here and have even landed as permanent resident.

I'm guessing ur husband has bsc so do u right?

Can u add ur nysc so it'll be 3 years experience? If u have 3 years experience with all u have mentioned plus Acing ur ielts exam
And den ur husband does ielts and eca... Ur score will b 443...
But using ur husband as primary applicant ur score will b 408. But without 3 years work experience for u den ur
Score will be 418.
Basically ur age fetches 100 points and ur hubby's age fetches 65 points.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DereI(f): 11:49pm On Sep 05, 2017
Saintp:

Is it the ones you faxed to them or transcript school sent to them?

I didnt fax to them.

I had my school send both docs to them (Transcript and My documents)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yokus(f): 2:13am On Sep 06, 2017
@mamapee2017 you are the better applicant, aim to get over LSWR 8;7;7;7 & your age gives you an advantage over your Husband. Being refused visa is no hinderance just be honest about it in the application. I wish you luck. Either ways it's better the supporting staff aces ielts n gets transcrits evaluated.
@hephgirl said it all

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by philip3(m): 7:19am On Sep 06, 2017
hello, there is no place holder for wife's ielts. do I add it to my own education place holder since I will be uploading my ielts or do I put it in the LOE place holder?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 8:43am On Sep 06, 2017
Hephgirl:

I think u shld mail them.. D moment dey got it i got an email. Telling me they've gotten it nd my eca will b ready on d 22nd. Only to get an email that it's ready.. Was so surprised

you mean they didnt send verification for your transcript? they just went ahead to prepare your ECA? what school issued ur transcript?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by JORN: 8:50am On Sep 06, 2017
@Hephgirl:

I have already received response from ICAS. Took about 2 months. Is it still necessary to go for WES considering finance?

My wife has NCE and BSc Ed. and yes, she is my mate. I assume her taking IELTS and going for her ECA as advised will be the game changer assuming I also retake the test.

Opinion Please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 9:07am On Sep 06, 2017
philip3:
hello, there is no place holder for wife's ielts. do I add it to my own education place holder since I will be uploading my ielts or do I put it in the LOE place holder?
Yimiton was in same spot few weeks back, seem she raised CSE to upload. Let's wait for her to confirm what she did.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 9:16am On Sep 06, 2017
JORN:
My wife has NCE and BSc Ed. and yes, she is my mate. I assume her taking IELTS and going for her ECA as advised will be the game changer assuming I also retake the test.
Cochtrane, can you please help confirm (search) that WES equates NCE and BSc to two or more certificates.
Be like we had a case of such but I can't remember well.

If WES does equates to two or more, than that's good for JORN - that's more points than just BSc.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 06, 2017
Kontagious:

Cochtrane, can you please help confirm (search) that WES equates NCE and BSc to two or more certificates.

If WES does equates to two or more, than that's good for JORN - that's more points than just BSc.

Osemigho evaluated his NCE and BSc certificates but he used IQAS and not WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 9:43am On Sep 06, 2017
Kontagious:

YES! I hereby confirm that NCE and BSc qualify for points for 2 or more certificates. These are my qualifications. NCE according to WES is equivalent to a Canadian '3 year diploma' and my BSc( direct entry for that matter) also equivalent to a '3year bachelors degree'. And my CRS gave me maximum points under education and with my over 3yrs work experience, I also got 100/100 under skill transferability.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 9:57am On Sep 06, 2017
Yes, I was in the same situation, and I raised a CSE but was I advised that I should have explained it with an LOE and uploaded it in the placeholder for LOE before submission. I think the advise is a better option.

Kontagious:

Yimiton was in same spot few weeks back, seem she raised CSE to upload. Let's wait for her to confirm what she did.
philip3:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abbylee: 9:58am On Sep 06, 2017
Good news soon by Gods grace!

AlexanderGreat:
lol...not yet

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 10:10am On Sep 06, 2017
yimiton:
Yes, I was in the same situation, and I raised a CSE but was I advised that I should have explained it with an LOE and uploaded it in the placeholder for LOE before submission. I think the advise is a better option.
Thank you Yimiton. Guess you have a workable solution now Philip3.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mstunz: 10:13am On Sep 06, 2017
Good morning guys, please I'm a bit confused here and I need your assistance.

Please guys I want to fill schedule A form and I don't know if I should print it out and use my handwriting to fill it or

Is it possible I type on the pdf format directly?

Please I need your advice and assistance. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 10:13am On Sep 06, 2017
GlitteringStar:
Osemigho evaluated his NCE and BSc certificates but he used IQAS and not WES.
sleekysilk:
YES! I hereby confirm that NCE and BSc qualify for points for 2 or more certificates. These are my qualifications. NCE according to WES is equivalent to a Canadian '3 year diploma' and my BSc( direct entry for that matter) also equivalent to a '3year bachelors degree'. And my CRS gave me maximum points under education and with my over 3yrs work experience, I also got 100/100 under skill transferability.
Thank you both.

Choice is left to either go with WES or IQAS. Might be reasonable to say ICES will evaluate in same light.

cc: JORN, Cochtrane
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by JORN: 10:30am On Sep 06, 2017
Kontagious:

Thank you both.

Choice is left to either go with WES or IQAS. Might be reasonable to say ICES will evaluate in same light.

cc: JORN, Cochtrane

Thanks all. I appreciate from the bottom of my heart. I will go for her ECA, hopefully WES and also let her take the test with the aim of getting a CLB not less than 9.

But with my score of 8767.5, does it not amount to CLB 9? 8777 gives an average of 7.2 while is 7.125.

Opinion please.

Need also say that ICAS scored me with two canadian certificate equivalent.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by AlexanderGreat(m): 10:30am On Sep 06, 2017
Amen! Thanx
Abbylee:
Good news soon by Gods grace!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 10:48am On Sep 06, 2017
Since you're the same age as your wife and she has the same qualification as you, there's no reason for her to be the principal applicant, it won't make any difference.

Meanwhile, your IELTS doesn't give you the highest possible points. You need to get 8.5 in listening and that 6 in writing has thrown your points off balance. You need to aim for 8 in writing. Speaking has to be 7.5 while reading should also be 8. With that, you'll get the highest possible scores for IELTS. Your wife just needs to get 8777 in LSWR respectively to give you the maximum 20 points that she can. Her certificate evaluation will also give you about 8 or 10 points. Not sure now which is which.

JORN:

Thanks all. I appreciate from the bottom of my heart. I will go for her ECA, hopefully WES and also let her take the test with the aim of getting a CLB not less than 9.

But with my score of 8767.5, does it not amount to CLB 9? 8777 gives an average of 7.2 while is 7.125.

Opinion please.

Need also say that ICAS scored me with two canadian certificate equivalent.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by oluphilip2008(f): 10:49am On Sep 06, 2017
Hello house, any hope for a draw today?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Cannie(m): 11:02am On Sep 06, 2017
Hi JORN,
I can relate with you calculation or "mental gymnastic" as cochtrane will call it, but it doesn't work that way with IRCC. My wife had 3 CLB 10 (Listening Writing and Speaking)and just a CLB 8 in reading and still didn't hit the maximum score. So just gun for the ielts score as advised. I am sure you will be good.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by JORN: 11:13am On Sep 06, 2017
@Yimiton & Cannie:

Thanks.

so bottom line is redo IELTS, while wife takes the test aiming for 8777 and goes for her ECA.

Appreciate. Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by geebaby10: 11:19am On Sep 06, 2017
Kontagious:

There is no placeholder specifically for IELTS for either the PA or accompanying spouse. From information on this thread, IELTS results and ECA should be added to Educational Qualification Documents. Except there is no placeholder for your spouse's educational qualifications.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 11:28am On Sep 06, 2017
Hello dtush, how's it going? Any update on your application? Hope AOR has come now, and medical passed? I just got my med passed today and thought about you.

dtush:

Hi, not yet oo. Just got of the phone with them now. The person I spoke to said he can confirm that NY application is in the system. That it should be sorted out soon. As for medicals and passport photo, I did all that post ITA and submitted already with my documents.

Let's keep in touch. Seems we are in the same boat

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 11:30am On Sep 06, 2017
Oh, thank God. I just saw this oh.

How far with medicals? I hope passed already. We have the
dtush:

Finally got AOR yday. i bombarded them with Technical issue reports and web form. so the waiting game begins now

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.