Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1510970 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ajujuju2: 6:43pm On Sep 01, 2017
bedemy:

I have just created a whatsapp group for lawyers, send me a PM if you are interested

Im in.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ajujuju2: 6:55pm On Sep 01, 2017
Onlineise:

Sista, na the new London u dey, awa ti UK ain't finding it funny....lets hope you get fresher air from that end.

#MayAORSquard

Amen!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ITABABE: 7:07pm On Sep 01, 2017
Onlineise:

Sista, na the new London u dey, awa ti UK ain't finding it funny....lets hope you get fresher air from that end.

#MayAORSquard
. #MayAorsquad. We full ground o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Petrelli112: 7:25pm On Sep 01, 2017
perks:

Unfortunately, customer care job is categorised as NOC skill level C which does not qualify for express-entry FSW program
Sorry for the disturbance, please I have another question, asking on behalf of my sister, she is a baker, I saw that it's under the NOC skill level B, Can she apply with that, being that she doesn't have a certificate for that, just the normal apprenticeship certificate given to her by her teacher, she also has a B.Sc in Sociology but no work experience with that, does she stand a chance?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bigfido: 7:26pm On Sep 01, 2017
Ajujuju2:

Bros biggy abeg make i put mouth here.

CIC has only the following categories... Single/Married/Separated/Divorced/Widowed. There's no space for "Complicated/Ex-lover/BabyDaddy!"

All she has to do is simply fill single (unless they were at some point married, then any of the other legal definitions (separated/divorced) will apply). And she is legally free to include her son as a dependant. He does afterall have a birth certificate that states father and mother, so d woman isnt misrepresenting any detail. Where trouble will exist is if she intentionally mis-states his paternity on the birth certificate...by leaving him out or using someone else (which is another story)

Firstly, no one is questioning her marital status. She is fine to fill anything she wants in the forms. My concern is relocating with another man's son. Same applies with relocating with another woman's son. There are 2 person involved when you have a minor. Case specific here is the minor. Yes your name appears on the child's document, so does the father's. Like I advice her, consult an immigration lawyer about it so as not to complicate matters. You can't just bounce to another country with a child you don't have absolute custody of legally
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bigfido: 7:31pm On Sep 01, 2017
Ajujuju2:

Bros biggy abeg make i put mouth here.

CIC has only the following categories... Single/Married/Separated/Divorced/Widowed. There's no space for "Complicated/Ex-lover/BabyDaddy!"

All she has to do is simply fill single (unless they were at some point married, then any of the other legal definitions (separated/divorced) will apply). And she is legally free to include her son as a dependant. He does afterall have a birth certificate that states father and mother, so d woman isnt misrepresenting any detail. Where trouble will exist is if she intentionally mis-states his paternity on the birth certificate...by leaving him out or using someone else (which is another story)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 7:36pm On Sep 01, 2017
amyames:

Hi MummyJaygirls. I'm in the same situation too - no mailing address in my PPR email. You said "most likely Accra". Have you seen any situation where it is somewhere else? Just want to confirm before I send mine off. Thanks.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/accra.asp

Looping: MummyJaygirls

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by learn(f): 7:44pm On Sep 01, 2017
perks:

Unfortunately, customer care job is categorised as NOC skill level C which does not qualify for express-entry FSW program
Check noc for customer service representative supervisor it's in B category, can't remember the code, if you are a supervisor you should be able to fit in
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ajujuju2: 7:45pm On Sep 01, 2017
cochtrane:

If anything, CIC may consider that association common-law since they were in a conjugal relationship, even though they were not married. Found this on their site. "Separated" the operating word here.
Well, what do I know...

Brotherly, I applaud your research skills but trust me... U knw nothing about this one. And i say this with love.

Unless there was a marriage or a co-habitation (living together and acting as married for a few years as to cause reasonable belief that there existed a legal relationship which u knw as comon law marriage) there exists no obligation on both parties.

Her relations with baby daddy no matter how long or short will only just be an affair even if they were engaged and then broke it off. Therefore she is SINGLE in every sense of the word.

Even a child born outta wedlock whose parents later marry is still regarded as a bastard under family law...Yes, the law can b funny and CIC knows not to meddle in personal affairs. I bliv her application on the face of it (and with the little information she has provided) is straightforward.

But ofcos this isnt a law school... and am sure we can argue all ways to support our views.

IF CIC WANTS THEY CAN ASK FOR ADR ON STATUS OF FATHER BUT CANNOT REFUSE HER APPLICATION BECAUSE THERE IS NO CONSENT LETTER.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by eyoiba(m): 7:46pm On Sep 01, 2017
Good evening everyone, please I'm in a dilemma and need assistance. This is a little long but kindly bare with me. I'm doing ECA for my wife and we're stuck at verification stage. My wife's institution is Federal Polytechnic AdoEkiti. Transcript has been sent to wes and already acknowledged. Her transcript process was super fast and I was surprised at the level of the school's transcript processing speed and ease. Her status has changed to "awaiting verification from your institution" since 17th August but that's where the challenge started.

I have contacted the institution and was told that they have not seen any mail from WES. Infact almost all the school's emails have been checked without success. From the way one of their staff spoke, it's like verification is always sent through surface mail which sometimes take weeks before arriving at the school. Then the school replies through surface mail back to wes. The staff however promised to check another email of the school next week but I doubt if they will see anything.

I went back to wes website and I saw where they said they also use regular mail depending on the verifiable channel of communication that an institution use. My challenge however is that I paid for the regular mail option when I registered for her ECA which is not reliable as I never envisaged that the school will use surface mail for correspondence.

Please house I need your help. What should be my next course of action?
(1) Should I contact wes and pay additional money for courier and is this possible? How will I go about it?
(2)Has anyone ever had experience with Fed Poly AdoEkiti and if yes how did you go about it?
(3) Any other advice or suggestions?

I had to use WES because they give higher points for OND/HND.

I am the principal Applicant and I need the points she will add to my score.

Thanking you in advance for replies.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bigfido: 7:51pm On Sep 01, 2017
Ajujuju2:

Brotherly, I applaud your research skills but trust me... U knw nothing about this one. And i say this with love.

IF CIC WANTS THEY CAN ASK FOR ADR ON STATUS OF FATHER BUT CANNOT REFUSE HER APPLICATION BECAUSE THERE IS NO CONSENT LETTER.

You need to stop this ill advice. What proof do you have?

See what I found on Canadavisa forum as well

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by boldinc(m): 7:51pm On Sep 01, 2017
She never mentioned they were together. Having a child with someone doesn't mean they were in a common law union nor marriage nor lived together.

You can only separate if you were together... I guess the person in question can shed more light.

cochtrane:

If anything, CIC may consider that association common-law since they were in a conjugal relationship, even though they were not married. Found this on their site. "Separated" the operating word here.
Well, what do I know...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by amoese: 7:56pm On Sep 01, 2017
ajiifixing:

You were never married and I don't think you need a consent. Just make it clear you have lost touch with the father of your child .

Elders put mouth o
Ok thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bigfido: 7:57pm On Sep 01, 2017
amoese:

In my case I am a single mom never being married. My son is 13 years and his father is married. I have been taking all responsibilities, can't I apply without the father's consent? We don't really get along.

@boldinc this is the Genesis of the discussion.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by boldinc(m): 7:58pm On Sep 01, 2017
Lol... that's someone's opinion just like ours.

Like I said earlier. Culturally, yes it could be an issue, but not for CIC. Those are personal issues and has nothing to with her application.

Anyway, I respect your opinion and it's a good thing you're trying to help out. Well done...

bigfido:

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by boldinc(m): 7:59pm On Sep 01, 2017
Clearly she was never married as she stated. She has no issues at all...

bigfido:

@boldinc this is the Genesis of the discussion.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bigfido: 8:02pm On Sep 01, 2017
boldinc:
Lol... that's someone's opinion just like ours.

Like I said earlier. Culturally, yes it could be an issue, but not for CIC. Those are personal issues and has nothing to with her application.

Anyway, I respect your opinion and it's a good thing you're trying to help out. Well done...

This is not culture. This is trying to runaway with what belongs to two people. Don't sugar coat it. So you will just wake up now and hear your baby mama/father has taken your child to Canny without your consent. I will bring down that embassy.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bigfido: 8:03pm On Sep 01, 2017
boldinc:
Clearly she was never married as she stated. She has no issues at all...

OK. Goodluck to her.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by boldinc(m): 8:04pm On Sep 01, 2017
My advice to you...

Fill the form accurately and as truthful as possible...

Do not add what is not requested. Your are a single mother and never been married. The CiC form has an option/section for you. Follow through...

Wish you all the best!

amoese:

Ok thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Petrelli112: 8:04pm On Sep 01, 2017
learn:

Check noc for customer service representative supervisor it's in B category, can't remember the code, if you are a supervisor you should be able to fit in
Thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ajujuju2: 8:04pm On Sep 01, 2017
bigfido:

Seen.

Well.. Like i said earlier our response is based on what we know... Not what we dont knw and your attachment refers to a Legal situation... Divorced or separated. But for the sake of intellectual argument may i ask?
** If he never acknowledged paternity then what consent is needed?
Remember that our advice is based on the tone of her messages which suggests B. D is not in d picture and may fraustrate her relocation efforts.
Besides d last paragraph of your documentary evidence proves our argument: where she has sole custody she can write d letter and sign it and attach documentary evidence of custody...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by boldinc(m): 8:07pm On Sep 01, 2017
But you do not know the conditions of her situation.

She's in the best position to make a decision and I'm sure from everything we've all said and contributed, she can make an informed one.

bigfido:

This is not culture. This is trying to runaway with what belongs to two people. Don't sugar coat it. So you will just wake up now and hear your baby mama/father has taken your child to Canny without your consent. I will bring down that embassy.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by amoese: 8:07pm On Sep 01, 2017
bigfido:

I truly do feel sorry for your plight. Please to aviod stories that will cause future issues for you, get his consent if you can. You don't want a man writing the embassy requesting for his son or even suing after you have traveled. At that point, it will be clear you have misrepresented and we know how they deal with misrepresentation. My advice is you should talk to a proper immigration lawyer to guide you on your options. Don't let our guessing here put you into trouble in the future. Whether he takes responsibility or not, he is still the father of the boy.

Cheers

Thank you. I guess I may end up contacting him and pray he gives his consent without making a big deal out of it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bigfido: 8:08pm On Sep 01, 2017
Ajujuju2:

Seen.

Well.. Like i said earlier our response is based on what we know... Not what we dont knw and your attachment refers to a Legal situation... Divorced or separated. But for the sake of intellectual argument may i ask?
** If he never acknowledged paternity then what consent is needed?
Remember that our advice is based on the tone of her messages which suggests B. D is not in d picture and may fraustrate her relocation efforts.
Besides d last paragraph of your documentary evidence proves our argument: where she has sole custody she can write d letter and sign it and attach documentary evidence of custody...

There are procedures of earning sole custody to a child. If he doesn't accept paternity, you can go to court to get a sole custody letter of authorization. It's simple. You need a documents to show for it.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 01, 2017
Hephgirl:

It's possible.
It's about d same with ours without me writing ielts
I'm not doubting.. Just making sure she knows the parameters that fetched 461.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ajujuju2: 8:12pm On Sep 01, 2017
bigfido:

Ill advice u say Ok
I guess there's no point going further.

Lol! Me n u no go fight!
I was actually hoping for some educational arguments...without upsetting eachother.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 8:14pm On Sep 01, 2017
bigfido:

This is not culture. This is trying to runaway with what belongs to two people. Don't sugar coat it. So you will just wake up now and hear your baby mama/father has taken your child to Canny without your consent[b]. I will bring down that embassy.[/b]

I am laughing in Swahili.... story for the gods.

If I even read her post well sef she's responsible for the child and the supposed babydaddy is married and has his own family. She has gone to Canada sef as in 'already' like my daughter would say.
Just consult a lawyer and make it AIRTIGHT perhaps full parental rights from the courts. Your application may just take longer because they'll verify but you'll be okay.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by amyames: 8:14pm On Sep 01, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

No I haven't, Nigeria residents send to Ghana

Great! Thanks so much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 8:16pm On Sep 01, 2017
Ajujuju2:

Unless there was a marriage or a co-habitation (living together and acting as married for a few years as to cause reasonable belief that there existed a legal relationship which u knw as comon law marriage) there exists no obligation on both parties.

Her relations with baby daddy no matter how long or short will only just be an affair even if they were engaged and then broke it off. Therefore she is SINGLE in every sense of the word.

Even a child born outta wedlock whose parents later marry is still regarded as a bastard under family law...Yes, the law can b funny and CIC knows not to meddle in personal affairs. I bliv her application on the face of it (and with the little information she has provided) is straightforward.

But ofcos this isnt a law school... and am sure we can argue all ways to support our views.

Okay. I understand your point. I guess she needs to provide more background to the story.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 01, 2017
amoese:

Thank you. I guess I may end up contacting him and pray he gives his consent without making a big deal out of it.

If u guys were married... Choose separated but u will need some paperwork.

But can't sb choose single and still include a child? Single parenthood is everywhere at least u don't need a law backing it to make it acceptable elsewhere. Situation of gay lovers in Nigeria and any other place that union isn't officially allowed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 8:18pm On Sep 01, 2017
Wen u people have finished arguing please someone summarize d answer for d person who asked

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mamatwiny(f): 8:19pm On Sep 01, 2017
eyoiba:
Good evening everyone, please I'm in a dilemma and need assistance. This is a little long but kindly bare with me. I'm doing ECA for my wife and we're stuck at verification stage. My wife's institution is Federal Polytechnic AdoEkiti. Transcript has been sent to wes and already acknowledged. Her transcript process was super fast and I was surprised at the level of the school's transcript processing speed and ease. Her status has changed to "awaiting verification from your institution" since 17th August but that's where the challenge started.

I have contacted the institution and was told that they have not seen any mail from WES. Infact almost all the school's emails have been checked without success. From the way one of their staff spoke, it's like verification is always sent through surface mail which sometimes take weeks before arriving at the school. Then the school replies through surface mail back to wes. The staff however promised to check another email of the school next week but I doubt if they will see anything.

I went back to wes website and I saw where they said they also use regular mail depending on the verifiable channel of communication that an institution use. My challenge however is that I paid for the regular mail option when I registered for her ECA which is not reliable as I never envisaged that the school will use surface mail for correspondence.

Please house I need your help. What should be my next course of action?
(1) Should I contact wes and pay additional money for courier and is this possible? How will I go about it?
(2)Has anyone ever had experience with Fed Poly AdoEkiti and if yes how did you go about it?
(3) Any other advice or suggestions?

I had to use WES because they give higher points for OND/HND.

I am the principal Applicant and I need the points she will add to my score.

Thanking you in advance for replies.

Relax.
Wes verification mail takes 14 days to get to the school. You are almost there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.