Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,792 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe (15576 Views)

What Are The Essential Doctrines Of Christianity? / Imam Of Peace Warns Christians To Wakeup, Else Radical Muslim Will Consume Them / Pastor Kumuyi: I Will Remove Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life (Throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 9:16pm On Oct 16, 2017
analice107:

Lolzzz, And, you understand the Bible with all the ramblings here? Guy, he is schooling you like a toddler.

funny how you guys turn bible upside down. toddler indeed by saying God sent himself, and misquoting a direct word that Jesus said the father sent me. originators of strange doctrines
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 9:20pm On Oct 16, 2017
analice107:

It'll make more sense if we analyze that scripture. Don't assume what it says. Look at it and say word for word what it says.

analyse and misquote and interprete to suit our belief abi
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by analice107: 1:12am On Oct 17, 2017
walls01:

funny how you guys turn bible upside down. toddler indeed by saying God sent himself, and misquoting a direct word that Jesus said the father sent me. originators of strange doctrines
Why are you jumping right over the scriptures he has been posting to you? And, why do you pretend as tho you don't see the questions he has been asking you?

Try answering those questions let's see how you'd get off.
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 7:54am On Oct 17, 2017
analice107:
Why are you jumping right over the scriptures he has been posting to you?
And, why do you pretend as tho you don't see the questions he has been asking you?

Hmm, you see me so, my sister,
this is meant to be soft work
but make na just dey look me and this brother

Is it not clear that man itself chooses when to be ignorant.
Man only chooses to be ignorant when he likes
Walls01 should change his ID to Artful Dodger, so called for his skill in ducking and diving away from truth questions
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 7:54am On Oct 17, 2017
walls01:
you are interpreting a clear word.
Jesus said the father sent me, he also said I overcome and sit with my father.
and God told Jesus sit in my right hand until I make your enemy your foot stool.
I wonder how you guys turn bible upside down.

o I forgot to add just as God sent himself.
Lets try and go over this again.
Check back on this thread walls01, (i.e. pages 4-5, I think) you will find me agreeing with you, that the Father sent Jesus
and I also agreed with you, that Jesus didn't send Himself.

If you further check back, you'll read me saying that, God sent Himself to earth
and that He accomplished that by being a human being in the person of Jesus.

For God's plan and the work at hand, there is no other way or other means
Also, that protocols needed to be followed and adhered to, is part of why, He needed to be a human being

Now, tell walls01, is Jesus, to your understanding, God manifested in flesh or not?
To you, is Jesus "son" or "Son"?
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by adetayo234: 11:20am On Oct 17, 2017
analice107:

Where in the Bible is God the Father, God the son and God the Holy Spirit written? Jesus said, pray in The name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Where did God the Father, God the son and God the Holy Spirit came from?

Thanks in advance for the insult.

Is this a question or what? If it's a question, then you have provided the answer by yourself.

Do you even read the Bible with understanding of you just read it like you would read a novel?
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by analice107: 11:38am On Oct 17, 2017
adetayo234:

Is this a question or what? If it's a question, then you have provided the answer by yourself.

Do you even read the Bible with understanding of you just read it like you would read a novel?
You didn't give me an answer.
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by adetayo234: 11:41am On Oct 17, 2017
analice107:

You didn't give me an answer.

Hit your head against the nearest wall to reset your brain, then read your comment again; this time around, you will find your answer
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 6:45pm On Oct 17, 2017
adetayo234:
Hit your head against the nearest wall to reset your brain,
then read your comment again; this time around, you will find your answer
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by analice107: 7:44pm On Oct 17, 2017
adetayo234:

Hit your head against the nearest wall to reset your brain, then read your comment again; this time around, you will find your answer
You are just a kid with a rosary without any Bible knowledge.
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by adetayo234: 10:04pm On Oct 17, 2017
analice107:

You are just a kid with a rosary without any Bible knowledge.

j

Yes, I'm a kid. I was born yesterday. I have no rosary and I have no Bible knowledge. Are you happy now? Have I served your ego Now?
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 11:20pm On Oct 17, 2017
analice107:

Why are you jumping right over the scriptures he has been posting to you? And, why do you pretend as tho you don't see the questions he has been asking you?

am not jumping or avoiding any questions. during my conversation with muttleylaff he repeated misquoted a direct passage from the Bible and I discover he is not willing to converse as a Christian. [quote author=walls01 post=61451833]

now listen and understand do not use your belief to affect your understanding. Isaiah 9:6 says for unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called wonderful, counselor, the mighty God, the everlasting father, prince of peace.
let us analyse this. his name shall be called; read that carefully. the Bible did not say he is the; God already is the everlasting God not he shall be called. this are names that he will be called. analyse the verse again and get back to me
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 11:29pm On Oct 17, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Lets try and go over this again.
Check back on this thread walls01, (i.e. pages 4-5, I think) you will find me agreeing with you, that the Father sent Jesus
and I also agreed with you, that Jesus didn't send Himself.

If you further check back, you'll read me saying that, God sent Himself to earth
and that He accomplished that by being a human being in the person of Jesus.

For God's plan and the work at hand, there is no other way or other means
Also, that protocols needed to be followed and adhered to, is part of why, He needed to be a human being

Now, tell walls01, is Jesus, to your understanding, God manifested in flesh or not?
To you, is Jesus "son" or "Son"?

you are letting your belief affect your understanding of the bible.
Rev 3:12 Jesus said he that overcome I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. I don't know how you will misquote this as you are known for but clearly this is not God talking. if you read Rev 5:6-7 it shows Jesus the Lamb taking a scroll our of God hand, clearly this is not your double God
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by analice107: 11:32pm On Oct 17, 2017
walls01:

am not jumping or avoiding any questions. during my conversation with muttleylaff he repeated misquoted a direct passage from the Bible and I discover he is not willing to converse as a Christian.
You have made no sense. OH dear, I'm not in the mood to take you on this ride across Scriptures.

Bro Muttleylaff pls help this brother here once more.
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 11:40pm On Oct 17, 2017
analice107:

You have made no sense. OH dear, I'm not in the mood to take you on this ride across Scriptures.

you see what am saying, your heart has been shut by your belief. Jesus said just as my father sent me so send I u muttleylaff said just as I send myself so send I you. I bet at your level this makes More sense.
originators of strange doctrine
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 8:27am On Oct 18, 2017
walls01:
Rev 3:12 Jesus said he that overcome I will make a pillar in the temple of my God.
I don't know how you will misquote this as you are known for but clearly this is not God talking
Every one has power of some sorts, every one has influence of some sorts
You have your power, have your influence
Now Jesus is talking about His sphere of Influence
and promising he that overcome, to be made a pillar in the temple of His God
(i.e. promise to make such person, well respected etcetera, in His sphere of Influence, Power etcetera)

walls01:
if you read Rev 5:6-7 it shows Jesus the Lamb taking a scroll our of God hand, clearly this is not your double God
I made the earth, I created the people who live on it.
It was me - my hands stretched out the sky,
I give orders to all the heavenly lights

- Isaiah 45:12

You have to come off that walls ice cream thing. It is milk.
If you do, you would get to know that, this is projection
It's just projection brother
This is a case of Jesus the Lamb, projecting out of God to take the scroll

Walls01, whose hands, that made the earth and created mankind upon it, is that, mentioned, in Isaiah 45:12 above?
Who is talking there?
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 8:28am On Oct 18, 2017
analice107:

I am trying but it seems knowing the truth doesn't fit in his agenda
Watch him evade answering those last two questions again
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by analice107: 3:14pm On Oct 18, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
I am trying but it seems knowing the truth doesn't fit in his agenda
Watch him evade answering those last two questions again
He's very good at evading questions.
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by analice107: 3:26pm On Oct 18, 2017
walls01:

you see what am saying, your heart has been shut by your belief. Jesus said just as my father sent me so send I u muttleylaff said just as I send myself so send I you. I bet at your level this makes More sense.
originators of strange doctrine
Wow, what an incorrigible person you are. You are pretending not to see his explanations right? If you do this, then you are not qualified to preach this gospel. because you want to push forward your own agenda, you deliberately wants to lie against a brother.

Now, i'm ready to have this discussion.

All through OT, YHWH addressed Himself using the first Person pronoun 'I', even when he took the mouth of His messengers the prophets, but every time the prophets delivered their messages, they used reported speech (Thus says the Lord) to do that. Did you read Jesus ever saying (Thus says the Lord?) in all His teachings? He kept saying Verily Verily 'l' say unto you.

WHY IS THAT?
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 8:41pm On Oct 18, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
(i.e. promise to make such person, well respected etcetera, in His sphere of Influence, Power etcetera)

Walls01, whose hands, that made the earth and created mankind upon it, is that, mentioned, in Isaiah 45:12 above?
Who is talking there?

read what you explain again this time slowly
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 9:10pm On Oct 18, 2017
walls01:
read what you explain again this time slowly
Since I've improved on the post
you should take after your advice, and now read again but this time read out loud and slowly

walls01:
The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God...
- Revelation 3:12a

Rev 3:12 Jesus said he that overcome I will make a pillar in the temple of my God.
I don't know how you will misquote this as you are known for but clearly this is not God talking

walls01:
6Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain,
standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders.
The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.
7He went and took the scroll from the right hand of him who sat on the throne

- Revelation 5:6-7

if you read Rev 5:6-7 it shows Jesus the Lamb taking a scroll our of God hand,
clearly this is not your double God

Who is talking there?

Double God indeed. SMH
Is that how you understand it? Tut
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 9:35pm On Oct 18, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Since I've improved on the post
you should take after your advice, and now read again but this time read out loud and slowly

Who is talking there?

Double God indeed. SMH
Is that how you understand it? Tut

originators of strange doctrines
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 9:56pm On Oct 18, 2017
walls01:
originators of strange doctrines
By all means comment,
but please try learning to type something else than this tired "originators of strange doctrines" repetitive line
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 8:46pm On Oct 19, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
By all means comment,
but please try learning to type something else than this tired "originators of strange doctrines" repetitive line

bro we have spoken enough on this topic, maybe next time we will discuss a better topic. thanks for your time
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 8:10pm On Oct 22, 2017
walls01:
bro we have spoken enough on this topic, maybe next time we will discuss a better topic. thanks for your time
It's more effort, to keep up with the truth that Jesus is God
and less effort to cover it up with misguided and misleading untruth that Jesus isnt God

How can people trust the harvest, unless they see seeds of truth sown?
Rocky ground, where there isn't much soil?
Well, our work is not the harvest, our work is to keep planting seeds of truth

Truth crushed to earth, is truth still,
truth that fell beside the road, and the birds came and ate it up, is truth still
and like a seed, under favourable conditions, will rise again

Thank you too for your time and for opened for another topic
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 10:14pm On Oct 27, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
It's more effort, to keep up with the truth that Jesus is God
and less effort to cover it up with misguided and misleading untruth that Jesus isnt God

How can people trust the harvest, unless they see seeds of truth sown?
Rocky ground, where there isn't much soil?
Well, our work is not the harvest, our work is to keep planting seeds of truth

Truth crushed to earth, is truth still,
truth that fell beside the road, and the birds came and ate it up, is truth still
and like a seed, under favourable conditions, will rise again

Thank you too for your time and for opened for another topic

my friend stop trying to shove this rubbish in my throat. what do you mean by the truth. it is clear throughout the Bible who Jesus is but you misinterpreted, misquoted the Bible, saying God sent himself but Jesus did not send himself but you said God and Jesus is one being how confused you are.
my brother let us discuss a topic you understand and not this again also stop dropping last comment words to drive home your misunderstanding. thank you
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 12:32pm On Oct 28, 2017
walls01:
my friend stop trying to shove this rubbish in my throat.
what do you mean by the truth
The truth you are hiding from

walls01:
it is clear throughout the Bible who Jesus is
but you misinterpreted, misquoted the Bible, saying God sent himself
but Jesus did not send himself
but you said God and Jesus is one being how confused you are
Who, according to walls01's understanding, is Jesus?
Please walls01, is Jesus an ordinary man
or is Jesus God personified

walls01:
my brother let us discuss a topic you understand
and not this again also stop dropping last comment words to drive home your misunderstanding. thank you
I can only discuss and tell you the truth.
I cant make you believe it brother
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by elvisgaga: 3:47pm On Oct 28, 2017
MuttleyLaff and Analice107, plz explain 1Corinthians 15 :27-28 which reads:

1 Corinthians 15:27-28 New International Version (NIV)
For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 8:02pm On Oct 28, 2017
elvisgaga:
MuttleyLaff and Analice107, plz explain 1Corinthians 15 :27-28 which reads:

1 Corinthians 15:27-28 New International Version (NIV)
27For he “has put everything under his feet.”
Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him,
it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.
28When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.
God has put Jesus in charge of everything
Jesus is answerable, ONLY to God, who put Him in charge
This way, God is in control, as He is kept in the loop
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 7:34pm On Oct 30, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
The truth you are hiding from

Who, according to walls01's understanding, is Jesus?
Please walls01, is Jesus an ordinary man
or is Jesus God personified

I can only discuss and tell you the truth.
I cant make you believe it brother

Galatians 1:8-9 but though we or an angel from heaven preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you let him be accursed.
imagine you saying Jesus projected out of God to take a scroll out of his hands
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 11:11pm On Oct 30, 2017
walls01:
Galatians 1:8-9 but though we or an angel from heaven preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you let him be accursed
No man can curse what God has blessed!
And whom God has blessed, no one can curse
You can't curse what God has blessed!
The Devil can't curse what God has blessed!
You haven't the power to curse whom and what God has blessed.

Jesus is God, whether you believe it or not

I declare that Jesus was born, as God Amighty, in the flesh
but your declaration is the misguided notion that Jesus was born, as an ordinary man, promoted to a God status

walls01:
imagine you saying Jesus projected out of God to take a scroll out of his hands

walls01:
6Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain,
standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders.
The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.
7He went and took the scroll from the right hand of him who sat on the throne

- Revelation 5:6-7

if you read Rev 5:6-7 it shows Jesus the Lamb taking a scroll our of God hand,
clearly this is not your double God
You've carelessly forgotten that
"Jesus projected out of God to take the scroll out of His hands"
was in response to the reproduced above quote and it's bolded highlights of yours

My exact words are:
"It's just projection brother
"

And he said,
Thou canst not see my face:
for there shall no man see me, and live

- Exodus 33:20

He is the only one who cannot die. He lives in light that no one can come near.
No one has seen him, nor can they see him.
Honor and power belong to him forever! Amen

- 1 Timothy 6:16

No one has ever seen God.
But the unique One, who is himself God, is near to the Father's heart.
He has revealed God to us

- John 1:18

You flagrantly plucked up Revelation 5:6-7 with no regard for context
It's pitiful to watch how poorly you've been doing in this thread
It looks to me that when you're not dodging ducking and diving from answering questions
you change to catching at straws by dropping frivolous verses

Don't try to understand everything brother.
Sometimes everything is not meant to be understood, just accepted.
Do you know everything about your iPad? No
Do you know about all the interrelated parts of your Benz? No
You just accept the iPad for what it is and using it
You just accept the Merc for what it is and just driving it about or around

JESUS is God. Whether you understand or not, just accept
Mindful of Exodus 33:20, 1 Timothy 6:16 and John 1:18 above,
isnt it a consolation, having Jesus, the closest, anyone will ever get to see God korokoro

John, was in Revelation Chapter 4 and Chapter 5, giving a narrative of events and what he saw when he was in the spirit
It was an experience in the spirit realm and not an outright physical experience

2And at once I was in The Spirit, and behold a throne fixed in Heaven, and upon the throne sat He;
3And He who sat was as the likeness of the appearance of Jasper red quartz stone and of red and white Sardius,
and a rainbow of the clouds which encircled the throne was like the appearance of an emerald;

- Revelation 4:2-3

Notice in Revelation 4:2-3, the peculiar description of He who sat on the throne
No physical descriptions, just splendour and the glory are described

Why dont you read Revelation chapter 4 and Revelation chapter 5
The scroll? a strong angel? But no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth could open the scroll or even look inside it?
Revelation 5:1-7? What an emotional read
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 6:47pm On Oct 31, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
No man can curse what God has blessed!
And whom God has blessed, no one can curse
You can't curse what God has blessed!
The Devil can't curse what God has blessed!
You haven't the power to curse whom and what God has blessed.

Jesus is God, whether you believe it or not

I declare that Jesus was born, as God Amighty, in the flesh
but your declaration is the misguided notion that Jesus was born, as an ordinary man, promoted to a God status

You've carelessly forgotten that
"Jesus projected out of God to take the scroll out of His hands"
was in response to the reproduced above quote and it's bolded highlights of yours

My exact words are:
"It's just projection brother
"

And he said,
Thou canst not see my face:
for there shall no man see me, and live

- Exodus 33:20

He is the only one who cannot die. He lives in light that no one can come near.
No one has seen him, nor can they see him.
Honor and power belong to him forever! Amen

- 1 Timothy 6:16

No one has ever seen God.
But the unique One, who is himself God, is near to the Father's heart.
He has revealed God to us

- John 1:18

You flagrantly plucked up Revelation 5:6-7 with no regard for context
It's pitiful to watch how poorly you've been doing in this thread
It looks to me that when you're not dodging ducking and diving from answering questions
you change to catching at straws by dropping frivolous verses

Don't try to understand everything brother.
Sometimes everything is not meant to be understood, just accepted.
Do you know everything about your iPad? No
Do you know about all the interrelated parts of your Benz? No
You just accept the iPad for what it is and using it
You just accept the Merc for what it is and just driving it about or around

JESUS is God. Whether you understand or not, just accept
Mindful of Exodus 33:20, 1 Timothy 6:16 and John 1:18 above,
isnt it a consolation, having Jesus, the closest, anyone will ever get to see God korokoro

John, was in Revelation Chapter 4 and Chapter 5, giving a narrative of events and what he saw when he was in the spirit
It was an experience in the spirit realm and not an outright physical experience

2And at once I was in The Spirit, and behold a throne fixed in Heaven, and upon the throne sat He;
3And He who sat was as the likeness of the appearance of Jasper red quartz stone and of red and white Sardius,
and a rainbow of the clouds which encircled the throne was like the appearance of an emerald;

- Revelation 4:2-3

Notice in Revelation 4:2-3, the peculiar description of He who sat on the throne
No physical descriptions, just splendour and the glory are described

Why dont you read Revelation chapter 4 and Revelation chapter 5
The scroll? a strong angel? But no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth could open the scroll or even look inside it?
Revelation 5:1-7? What an emotional read

strange doctrines everywhere. no wonder there are many denominations each twisting and interpreting the Bible to reflect there belief

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The 10 Biggest Churches In The World / Using Casket For Burial In Islam / Bishop T.D. Jakes Celebrates 37th Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.