Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe (15554 Views)

What Are The Essential Doctrines Of Christianity? / Imam Of Peace Warns Christians To Wakeup, Else Radical Muslim Will Consume Them / Pastor Kumuyi: I Will Remove Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life (Throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by femi4: 1:08pm On Aug 20, 2017
DeSepiero:
I'm wondering, 'is there any verse of the new testament which quotes Jesus directly referring to himself as God?'
Is there any verse in the Bible where a man or prophet has authority to forgive sins?

1 Like

Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 2:22pm On Aug 20, 2017
walls01:
are you kidding me? please read John 10:33-41.
What's to kid you or anyone else for that matter, in all have so far, on this thread posted?

They replied,
"We're stoning you not for any good work, but for blasphemy!
You, a mere man, claim to be God.

- John 10:33

Does John 10:33 above, not say, the Jews wanted to kill Jesus because He "indirectly" claimed to be God?

2 Likes

Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 2:26pm On Aug 20, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
What's to kid you or anyone else for that matter, in all have so far, on this thread posted?

They replied,
"We're stoning you not for any good work, but for blasphemy!
You, a mere man, claim to be God.

- John 10:33

Does John 10:33 above, not say, the Jews wanted to kill Jesus because He "indirectly" claimed to be God?

continue reading to 41
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 2:34pm On Aug 20, 2017
walls01:
continue reading to 41
You asked me to read in John 20:17.
I read it, only to find it had no relevance to any points on the table

Now after I first referred you to John 10:33, you shifted and abandoned your goal post and then again start asking me to read John 10:33-47. To what ends I don't know

DeSepiero asked where in the NT Jesus directly said He was God and John 10:33 is the closest

2 Likes

Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by smartnero24(m): 2:38pm On Aug 20, 2017
dapyd1:
Doctrines have been the bane of Christianity over the years.

The reason why a celestial member will not marry a redeem member is doctrine. The reason why a Christ embassy member will not relate with a deeper life member is doctrine.

We have abandoned the message of love, of Christ, of unity and have carried on our heads doctrine of pastors and denomination love.

This has made Christianity a laughing stock, why conversion is low and the main reason the church does not have influence in world affairs as it should.

Amidst the diversity in xtian doctrines, Jesus said " And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free".
Jesus also said "In the last days shall many false prophets arise claiming to be the Christ but watch and pray that ye be not deceived"

Any pastor, church can have any doctrine they like but in the end what matters is God's unchanging standard. The Word of God, as contained in the Holy Bible. God won't ask anyone what the doctrines in their churches were, we'll all be judged based on His word, His do's & don'ts.

So instead of worrying why there are so many doctrines, why not pick a Bible today and read for yourself. God will reveal himself to you on a personal level for He said " seek and ye shall find"

This is the only way you'll know if what your pastor and church teaches aligns with what God says.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by smartnero24(m): 2:56pm On Aug 20, 2017
DeSepiero:
I'm wondering, 'is there any verse of the new testament which quotes Jesus directly referring to himself as God?'

These Bible verses should help.

Isa 9:6, 44:6; John 1:1-5&14&30, 1Jn5:7-8, Col2:9

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 3:14pm On Aug 20, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
You asked me to read in John 20:17.
I read it, only to find it had no relevance Godto any points on the table

Now after I first referred you to John 10:33, you shifted and abandoned your goal post and then again start asking me to read John 10:33-47. To what ends I don't know

DeSepiero asked where in the NT Jesus indirectly said He was God and John 10:33 is the closest

if you continue reading he said he is the son of God, but the Jews wanting him to sound blasphemous said he said he his God.
I ask you where did he say he his God? he severally said God his his father and in john 20:17 he referre to God has his God

1 Like

Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by adetayo234: 3:34pm On Aug 20, 2017
DeSepiero:

Yes. John 14:8-9

1 Like

Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by adetayo234: 3:36pm On Aug 20, 2017
Sniper12:
The most confused religion is xtianity

Christianity is not a religion. It is a way of life

2 Likes

Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by adetayo234: 3:39pm On Aug 20, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
There is no biblical NT record of Jesus directly referring to Himself as God, but there are abundant biblical NT records where Jesus indirectly referred to Himself as God.
At one occasion in the New Testament, some present Jews understood Him referring Himself to God and wanted to kill for that, by stoning Him.

This statement shows you are deficient of scriptural knowledge. And when it comes to condemning Catholics, people like you with limited scriptural knowledge will open your mouth to spew utter ignorance on what you know little or nothing about.

Since you've been attending your Pentecostal church hasn't your pastor ever read John 14:8-9 in your hearing before?
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by adetayo234: 3:41pm On Aug 20, 2017
naijahut:

shut up small god and big God are not the same.

Pls read John 14:8-9 for answer to that question. That guy clearly doesn't know what he is talking about
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by adetayo234: 3:43pm On Aug 20, 2017
samuelsontech:

Bro, there is no scripture as such as that, and the reason is because Jesus is the son of God and not God. He (Jesus) is the Son whom the Father have vested all the power in heaven and on earth. John 17:2

Here in the scripture below, the voice of the father spoke in affirmation of the Father/Son relationship to the public confirming his right and authority. Matthew 3:17.

God bless your understanding sir.

You should stop following just what they tell you in church. Start reading the scriptures by yourself. Check John 14:8-9 to purge yourself of your nauseating ignorance
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by adetayo234: 3:44pm On Aug 20, 2017
walls01:

that and many other that men have interpreted without understanding

John 14: 8-9
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by adetayo234: 3:47pm On Aug 20, 2017
femi4:
Is there any verse in the Bible where a man or prophet has authority to forgive sins?

Yes. John 20:23
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by femi4: 3:52pm On Aug 20, 2017
adetayo234:

Yes. John 20:23
and who was that?

Mind you I m referring to a sin against God

1 Like

Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 3:58pm On Aug 20, 2017
adetayo234:

John 14: 8-9

Lol, by this you think he mean he is God. so he literally meant that they are looking at God face to face because they have seen him? what he meant is that God is speaking through him. more like the way the holy spirit speak through the prophets
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by adetayo234: 4:53pm On Aug 20, 2017
walls01:

Lol, by this you think he mean he is God. so he literally meant that they are looking at God face to face because they have seen him? what he meant is that God is speaking through him. more like the way the holy spirit speak through the prophets

What's the difference between the Father and God? Waiting for your answer.

If your argument is true, then pastor adeboye, pastor kumuyi can as well tell his members not to look for God anymore, but focus on them instead because God is speaking through them. Let us be reasonable, please.
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 4:59pm On Aug 20, 2017
adetayo234:

What's the difference between the Father and God? Waiting for your answer.

If your argument is true, then pastor adeboye, pastor kumuyi can as well tell his members not to look for God anymore, but focus on them instead because God is speaking through them. Let us be reasonable, please.

why do Jesus always refer himself as the son of God. and always say the father sent him?
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 7:27pm On Aug 20, 2017
walls01:
if you continue reading he said he is the son of God, but the Jews wanting him to sound blasphemous said he said he his God.
I ask you where did he say he his God? he severally said God his his father and in john 20:17 he referred to God has his God
If you had read DeSepiero's question carefully and properly, you would have noticed that he states he is aware that Jesus is directly called God in the OT but was asking where in the NT does Jesus Himself DIRECTLY called Himself God

What DeSepiero asked is a direct statement
and not the given dots for them to draw the lines to get the picture of the God, Whom He is

Do you and adetayo234, think that DeSepiero isn't aware of all those hints Jesus gave and the demonstration of the power of God that all indirectly shows and say He is God?

No where in the NT does Jesus clearly, strongly, fully and forcefully say He is God.

He gave hints that He is God. His works showed He is God, but He never DIRECTLY in the NT Himself say He is God.

adetayo234:
[s]This statement shows you are deficient of scriptural knowledge. And when it comes to condemning Catholics, people like you with limited scriptural knowledge will open your mouth to spew utter ignorance on what you know little or nothing about[/s]

[s]Since you've been attending your Pentecostal church hasn't your pastor ever[/s] read John 14:8-9 in your hearing before?
Read the above as the response concerns you too.
After that, please tell, is John 14:8-9, a direct statement in the NT of Jesus saying that He is God?

Then answer this question too:
Is it impossible for God, to concurrently and simultaneously exist or be in more than one place?
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by adetayo234: 7:29pm On Aug 20, 2017
walls01:

why do Jesus always refer himself as the son of God. and always say the father sent him?

And why would Jesus say "once you see me, you've seen the father?"

Let me try to explain something to you.

1. Jesus is God leaving his Glory in heaven to come to earth.

2. God is a Trinity; God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. The three are one and same. Wherever you see one, you will see the others.

Hope it is clear now?

1 Like

Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by adetayo234: 7:33pm On Aug 20, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
If you had read DeSepiero's question carefully and properly, you would have noticed that he states he is aware that Jesus is directly called God in the OT but was asking where in the NT does Jesus Himself DIRECTLY called Himself God

and not the given dots for them to draw the lines to get the picture of the God, Whom He is

Do you and adetayo234, think that DeSepiero isn't aware of all those hints Jesus gave and the demonstration of the power of God that all indirectly shows and say He is God?

No where in the NT does Jesus clearly, strongly, fully and forcefully say He is God.

He gave hints that He is God. His works showed He is God, but He never DIRECTLY in the NT Himself say He is God.

After that, please tell, is John 14:8-9, a direct statement in the NT of Jesus saying that He is God?

Is it impossible for God, to concurrently and simultaneously exist or be in more than one place?

"If you have seen me, you have seen the father." What does that mean to you? It means I am the father.

You can even see in the next statement how he sounded worried/ concerned /disturbed about Philip's question when he said "why again will you say I should show you the father? "

1 Like

Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by adetayo234: 7:35pm On Aug 20, 2017
walls01:

And will that ever makes a prophet to declare that "once you see me, you've seen the father?"
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 7:48pm On Aug 20, 2017
adetayo234:
"If you have seen me, you have seen the father." What does that mean to you? It means I am the father.

You can even see in the next statement how he sounded worried/ concerned /disturbed about Philip's question when he said "why again will you say I should show you the father? "
What's the matter with you?
I'll tell you what, I'll soon leave you to DeSepiero to puncture holes, if you continue in this your headstrong stance.

Can't you see that DeSepiero expressed in a way, that makes it completely clear, what he meant with his question?

He asked where Jesus in the NT, directly called Himself God.
Directly and God are the key words, not whether He mentioned, if you see me, you've seen the Father etcetera

That John 14:9 you're latching on to, means, circumlocution at its best to me.
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 8:34pm On Aug 20, 2017
adetayo234:

And why would Jesus say "once you see me, you've seen the father?"

Let me try to explain something to you.

1. Jesus is God leaving his Glory in heaven to come to earth.

2. God is a Trinity; God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. The three are one and same. Wherever you see one, you will see the others.

Hope it is clear now?

unfortunately you get it totally wrong. you have this belief maybe from your denomination.
I have many questions to ask you but answer the basic first. why do Jesus always referring to himself as son of God and always saying the father sent me
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 8:49pm On Aug 20, 2017
why in Johnote author=MuttleyLaff post=59663777]If you had read DeSepiero's question carefully and properly, you would have noticed that he states he is aware that Jesus is directly called God in the OT but was asking where in the NT does Jesus Himself DIRECTLY called Himself God

Is it impossible for God, to concurrently and simultaneously exist or be in more than one place? [/quote]

why in John 20:17 Jesus referred to God as his God? and most times say the father sent me or say he is son of God?
please I need the verse Jesus is the same as God in the old testament
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by Chinagurum1995(m): 8:55pm On Aug 20, 2017
Yes oooo as a Christian I know about Jesus as my brother in Christ. grin
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 9:13pm On Aug 20, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

adetayo234, read the above as the response concerns you too.

walls01:
why in John 20:17 Jesus referred to God as his God? and most times say the father sent me or say he is son of God?
What is the meaning of the nouns; God and god?
Give, without holding back, all the examples about the nouns; God and god

All those references, you mentioned, in their own rights are all true, that is why

You ignored responding to:

walls01:
please I need the verse Jesus is the same as God in the old testament
Do you know what Emmanuel means?
- You'll get your answer from its meaning
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 9:20pm On Aug 20, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

please where in the old testament that Jesus was directly or indirectly meant as God?
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 9:25pm On Aug 20, 2017
walls01:
please where in the old testament that Jesus was directly or indirectly meant as God?
Why are you double posting now?
Why double post after you've already gotten a response?
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by Amberon11: 10:03pm On Aug 20, 2017
John 10 : 30 "I and my Father are one".

Everyone knows the father is God.

Also God the father refers to Jesus as God in Hebrew 1: 8 But to the Son He says: "Your throne , O God , is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
DeSepiero:
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by Amberon11: 10:08pm On Aug 20, 2017
The essence of the bible is salvation in the Lord Jesus Christ.
orisa37:
The ESSENCE of The Bible, Genesis to Revelation, is "CARE"!!!
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by Humanistme: 10:09pm On Aug 20, 2017
see them. confusionists

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Using Casket For Burial In Islam / Prophet Fufeyin To Mathias Ezeaku: I Have Forgiven You (Video) / A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.