Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) (39437 Views)

2 Chinese Men Peeping To See Buhari In China Through Curtains (Photo) / Men Caught Sharing Money To Voters In Ekiti, Bundled Away By Security Men.Photos / Soldiers Storm Gboko, Benue State After Killing Of Fulani Men. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by Marvidris(f): 8:00am On Aug 22, 2017
Nigeria is blessed but mismanagement won't let her be
Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by mecussey(m): 8:08am On Aug 22, 2017
beamtopola:
Money, the land of the south is bless. Hillary sole just 20% of USA uranium to Russia at 120million dollar, that's a lot of money. If oil finish, we get uranium to exploit. Children of haters from the other tribes can hate but we are blessed.
When we sale like 20% of the uranium to Russia .
The rest we will use it to produce atomic bomb to finish the west and the northern part of Nigeria.

atomic bomb here we come...chai but africa is finished. Some pple were sitting on top billions of dollars without knowing. A smart person could have just mined those stuffs are sell online and the useless nigerian govt no go know. Now, another war go soon start that area na. I use this opportunity to telll everybody to go learn chemistry, alot of minerals dey our land. God don bless us tey tey yet we keep disturbing him with unending prayers.

1 Like

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 22, 2017
At the end it will be taken from Nigeria and we will have to import. None of them will be process and refine in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by AntiWailer: 8:18am On Aug 22, 2017
EmekaBlue:
chai 中国人,他们很喜欢钱

so touching.
Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by benzion72(m): 8:19am On Aug 22, 2017
To all our Prof. Phd, Msc in geology go and hide your certificate. Approach this chinko probably a technical school graduate to show you all these minerals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 22, 2017
nengibo:

Bros allow dem to attach now, d only resource dey have is charcoal for bole

Finishing grin

1 Like

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by omocalabar(m): 8:39am On Aug 22, 2017
oduastates:
Of what use are all the so called professor of geology, Dr of geography and all those "expert" waving and accumulating useless degrees all over the place .
When I say Nigeria is useless , some people wonder how a citizen can be so harsh .
The other time I said 99% of Nigerians are neither Muslims nor Christains because the type ,behaviour ,patriotism and humility of christains and muslims I see and I've seen around the world is different ......
Over 100 million human being , yet we need to travel across the world to find experts .
How much is it to send a couple of first class graduates on a 4 year practical training training in road construction , geology,engineering etc . Yet we spend billions sending people to worship a stone in Mecca and a burial ground in Jerusalem.
What are Nigerian professors doing ? Lazying around ,waiting to collect salaries and sell handouts .
Kudos to cross river

Thanks for this, wait and see how e-diots will come and and attack u
Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by DocHMD: 8:55am On Aug 22, 2017
Abookis and their ewedugerian abuobakus will tell us that groundnut money was used to discover these mineral resources and shout 'one naijeriya' like mad people. grin
Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by fashrola(m): 9:08am On Aug 22, 2017
FutureLeader00:
i dont understand, is it normal for foreigners to be tapping into natural resources of a particular country?

Seriously it's really bad... And they may even discover more important resources like diamond without the public knowledge.....
Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by sirusX(m): 9:09am On Aug 22, 2017
babooshka:
Hope they actually av mining rights, cos that's how they caught some illegal ones d oda day.
Watch the government descend on these people with eagle claws to tax the shege out of their findings
Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by udumosam23(m): 9:28am On Aug 22, 2017
Crixina:
I am,
In fact let me coman be going back to my village.

As in ehn, why uranium in Idomi? Hope the millatary will not take over my little community?

Extractions started some months ago and some Chinese came with machines and were moving some resources we don't understand. We had to protest and stop them.

The youths insist they build their factory there or stop mining.
Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by fashrola(m): 9:38am On Aug 22, 2017
udumosam23:

As in ehn, why uranium in Idomi? Hope the millatary will not take over my little community?

Extractions started some months ago and some Chinese came with machines and were moving some resources we don't understand. We had to protest and stop them.

Are you really serious about this? If this is really true then the Chinese has been shipping out uranium out of Nigeria for a very long time without the Government's knowledge....
Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by Crixina(f): 9:40am On Aug 22, 2017
udumosam23:

...and Nigeria be forming independent state, when in fact they are worst off than the colonial era, at least then were legitimate slaves, now, I really can't say.

1 Like

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by Edipee(m): 10:24am On Aug 22, 2017
ZUBY77:

Getting educated in Nigeria is not getting educated at all.
The moment you equip yourself with the ability to read and write properly, begin to discover yourself by yourself.
Word

1 Like

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by WINDSOW(m): 12:42pm On Aug 22, 2017
中国人,他们很喜欢钱
Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by rhames(m): 12:51pm On Aug 22, 2017
oduastates:
Of what use are all the so called professor of geology, Dr of geography and all those "expert" waving and accumulating useless degrees all over the place .
When I say Nigeria is useless , some people wonder how a citizen can be so harsh .
The other time I said 99% of Nigerians are neither Muslims nor Christains because the type ,behaviour ,patriotism and humility of christains and muslims I see and I've seen around the world is different ......
Over 100 million human being , yet we need to travel across the world to find experts .
How much is it to send a couple of first class graduates on a 4 year practical training training in road construction , geology,engineering etc . Yet we spend billions sending people to worship a stone in Mecca and a burial ground in Jerusalem.
What are Nigerian professors doing ? Lazying around ,waiting to collect salaries and sell handouts .
Kudos to cross river

I do not understand why we wake up everyday discussing how our country will move forward. Nigerian elites develop their country during press conferences, television programmes and in public while they frustrate that very developments using their cronies at the NASS. If a Nigerian miner had obtained prospecting license and discovered these stones it will be a subject of national discourse and a political crisis point would have been established. I doff my hat for people with your intellectual prowess. Rather than the M.Sc, Ph.D. M.Phil. holders doing everything to pratice their knowledge they are busy looking for contracts or stealing public funds while their students wallow in poverty. God Bless you sir.
Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by Chyxki: 1:23pm On Aug 22, 2017
God save us from Chinese!
Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by Emescot(m): 2:41pm On Aug 22, 2017
360command:
watch and see how Chinese will come in their 100's to bribe the chiefs in the village..
Am watching...
Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by musicwriter(m): 3:37pm On Aug 22, 2017
oduastates:
Kudos to cross river

Very touching........

Well, I researched sometime ago to know why that is, and I discovered the system of education as a whole doesn't support creation of such experts. As you suggested, the best we can do is "send a couple of first class graduates on a 4 year practical training training in road construction ,geology, engineering" overseas- meaning the creation of the experts that would deliver us would still have to be done for us by foreigners. What a pity!.

The solution is re-invent education and create a new system of education where we'll be in charge of knowledge creation in our own native languages. Its either that or we keep on waiting for the latest research papers from Oxford, Harvard, Cambridge, which our universities simply "copy and paste" thinking that's what education is about.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by VajanahDischaj(f): 10:00pm On Aug 22, 2017
erico2k2:

NAhh they are hoping, cos if thats the case dressed like that, dem don die B dat.Its a highly radioactive substance.You to uch you die.
kpakam! U got am. That yellow cake no be childs, even the waste from nuclear waste could wipe a village. Not to talk of this raw sunstance.
Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by emmanuelpopson(m): 10:05pm On Aug 22, 2017
DrHighchief:

Please don't say what you don't know..A team GEOLOGISTS, GEOPHYSICST from leading universities in the south-south region of Nigeria led by a prof and senior lecturers have visited or discovered most of this minerals in this areas. Is it because they did not sample the pix on nairaland that is making you to castigate them? Please don't say what you don't know..

exactly my thought... universities with geology departments are always doing field mappings, analysis of rock samples,mineral surveys etc..I could remember in my university days at OOU .lots of research on the basement complex rocks, with their mineral alignments found in the whole south western part of the country... so I must say most of the pictures posted here are just for publicity kos of the Chinese present.. Nigerian professors are really trying their best but most of there works are not appreciated and funded...

1 Like

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by DrHighchief(m): 10:58pm On Aug 22, 2017
emmanuelpopson:

exactly my thought... universities with geology departments are always doing field mappings, analysis of rock samples,mineral surveys etc..I could remember in my university days at OOU .lots of research on the basement complex rocks, with their mineral alignments found in the whole south western part of the country... so I must say most of the pictures posted here are just for publicity kos of the Chinese present.. Nigerian professors are really trying their best but most of there works are not appreciated and funded...
U r right Bro..
Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by gemale(m): 9:55am On Aug 23, 2017
Tolexander:
With the rutile, cross river can be the silicon valley of Nigeria!
Silicon valley isn't named such because silicon or any natural resource is found there. It's because it is a science & technology hub. It is the site of numerous tech firms & start ups. It accounts for one-third of all of the venture capital investment in the United States. That's the problem with Nigeria. We believe that natural resources are the genesis & revelations of everything. Until we start developing our human resources (the citizenry) by investment in widespread quality education, we would continue to not make progress. The west & other nations would continue to advantage because they take serious care to develop their people especially the youths & children while we are struggling & killing ourselves for natural resources that because of our intellectual backwardness, we would still give to the whites to get peanuts. The whites would then refine & process our resources & sell it back to us as a higher price. Is that how we would progress? Chinese people had to come & discover minerals for us & instead of us to be ashamed, we are clapping for ourselves. The bitter truth is that the discovery of any resource wouldn't make anything better in Nigeria. Oil was discovered in oloibiri around 1959. That place still has no light, running water & other basic amenities. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicon_Valley?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C2140982921

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by Tolexander: 12:52pm On Aug 23, 2017
gemale:

Silicon valley isn't named such because silicon or any natural resource is found there. It's because it is a science & technology hub. It is the site of numerous tech firms & start ups. It accounts for one-third of all of the venture capital investment in the United States. That's the problem with Nigeria. We believe that natural resources are the genesis & revelations of everything. Until we start developing our human resources (the citizenry) by investment in widespread quality education, we would continue to not make progress. The west & other nations would continue to advantage because they take serious care to develop their people especially the youths & children while we are struggling & killing ourselves for natural resources that because of our intellectual backwardness, we would still give to the whites to get peanuts. The whites would then refine & process our resources & sell it back to us as a higher price. Is that how we would progress? Chinese people had to come & discover minerals for us & instead of us to be ashamed, we are clapping for ourselves. The bitter truth is that the discovery of any resource wouldn't make anything better in Nigeria. Oil was discovered in oloibiri around 1959. That place still has no light, running water & other basic amenities. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicon_Valley?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C2140982921
eh young man. You don't need running to a wiki page!

When siting an industry, nearness to source of raw material is one of the factors considered.

Since there is a source of silicon in this place of interest, tell me why can't there be establishment of science and tech hub there?
Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by gemale(m): 2:54pm On Aug 23, 2017
Tolexander:
eh young man. You don't need running to a wiki page!

When siting an industry, nearness to source of raw material is one of the factors considered.

Since there is a source of silicon in this place of interest, tell me why can't there be establishment of science and tech hub there?
The same reason why there are no functional oil refineries in the south south (or anywhere) in Nigeria. The same reason why there are no locally owned chocolate beverage industries in the south west (multitrex, ibadan should have folded up by now & the people making big bite chocolate candy bars went out of business when i was still a little boy), why we grow rubber & still import tyres (dunlop since left). We lack vision & sufficient middle & long term planning skills. The default Nigerian mentality is deeply entrenched in unnecessary sentiments & extremely selfish only satisfied with what it can consume today with no regard for the welfare of others. The northern center would want to be the prime beneficiaries of this. Watch how a few greedy people would benefit from this to the detriment of the host community.

1 Like

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by aflovic: 6:51pm On Aug 23, 2017
This contribution is not accurate please Mining of lead as Galena and sphalerite has been going on for years in some places in cross river. Even the limestone at mfamosing is associated eith some PbS. Rutile has been associated with pegmatites aroun urban.. check the reports of NGSAthat is public knowledge I am aware of this since 2006 when I supervised explorations of pegmatite project by 3groups of NGSA. Uranium exploration has been going on in cross river since NUMCO days in the 70s these have all been reported even in many compilations. I have a personal compilation of uranium occurrences in Nigeris since 2006.I can make it available to whoever cares. The aria group of elegba,isa funtua , Ogunleye,okujeni etc have published on tbese since the 90s NGSAhave just finished the database of all minerals in Nigeria it is all captured there. Check the published mineral map cross river by NGSA or the publication of mineral resources of cross river state by NGSA since 2008.it was coordinated by late oluyide.they sell these publications in their offices and they even bring it to NMGS conferences. .. this is a fraudulent claim and it is unfortunate that we also keep condemning ourselves ignorantly and allow this fraudulent people in and outside govt to defraud and cheat us. A lot of us also withdraw into our shelves because we don't seek and know this information is available.....I still maintain the whole arrangement is fraudulent.. when did the Chinese start to map or explore... ah ah what kind of nonsense is this. ...
Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by biafran1stson(m): 6:54pm On Aug 24, 2017
Sanchez01:

I don't understand. How is Cross River a part of Biafra

May understanding fall on you
Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by biafran1stson(m): 6:55pm On Aug 24, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

Seee this Idiotic Pig, You no here wen the Obong of Calabar reject Una ?
Attache Generals

Continue befriending your enemies and unfriending your friends.

Biafra is on the move

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jega: Prediction On Nigeria’s Breakup May Be Fulfilled (Punch) / ''Arewa Youths Go To Hell'': Nnamdi Kanu Storms Anambra (Photos, Video) / 7 Moments That Will Make You Proud Of Being Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.