Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,784 members, 7,824,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari (26919 Views)

I Will Rather Give Fulani Free Land In Igbo Land Than To Allow Biafra To Go - Jo / 'Grant Nnamdi Kanu Presidential Pardon' - Ohaneze Ndigbo Youths Beg Buhari / Please Deliver Us From Akeredolu, Ondo Youths Beg Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari by azpekuliar: 3:56pm On Aug 23, 2017
jpphilips:

Based on your statement, Can you explain to us the process that birth the Nigerian constitution?

There was little process. The 1999 constitution was the product of the Abacha-led Provisional Ruling council (after suspending all earlier constitutions). It was a constitution he was preparing to succeed himself before his sudden demise. The military also were not fools to allow a people's constitution. They knew that a people's constitution would take them to task on their past misdeeds. Infact It is on record that several politicians eager to take power from the military, never even saw a copy of the constitution until they were sworn in in 1999! shocked Obasanjo who took over from the PRC blew the chance to give us a people's constitution by just pandering to the interest of his benefactors for 8 years. The rest as they say is history. Every lie has an expiry date.
Re: Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari by oake(m): 4:06pm On Aug 23, 2017
The Arewa Youth Coalition has flayed the comment made by President Muhammadu Buhari that Nigeria must remain one.

The group urged the government to conduct a referendum to provide an exit door for those who did not want to be part of Nigeria.

On the side of international law to which Nigeria is signatory, it is expected that government must create an exit door for those who feel they want to leave through a referendum and as stipulated in the 1999 constitution.

“It would not augur well if we insist on living with people who do not want to be part of the country and they keep threatening the unity of the country. It may even appear to the international community like a mockery.

“If the government is up and doing, let us abide by the demands of the international law by creating an exit door for those agitating for self determination,” Shettima said.

Well said.
Re: Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari by jpphilips(m): 4:19pm On Aug 23, 2017
azpekuliar:

There was little process. The 1999 constitution was the product of the Abacha-led Provisional Ruling council (after suspending all earlier constitutions). It was a constitution he was preparing to succeed himself before his sudden demise. The military also were not fools to allow a people's constitution. They knew that a people's constitution would take them to task on their past misdeeds. Infact It is on record that several politicians eager to take power from the military, never even saw a copy of the constitution until they were sworn in in 1999! shocked Obasanjo who took over from the PRC blew the chance to give us a people's constitution by just pandering to the interest of his benefactors for 8 years. The rest as they say is history. Every lie has an expiry date.

So your understanding of the 1999 constitution is that Abacha and his PRC sat and drafted it right? if that is really your thoughts, then you are not worthy to be called a Nigerian, try Benin republic maybe, people like you say nonsense with confidence on the web to deceive gullible minds with no serious education. I dont blame you shaa, i blame cheap phones and free data!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 23, 2017
Yyeske:
Sorry, ask those stronger than you how I deal with them
okay strong man! good luck with whatever is it you do to stronger people. grin
Re: Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 23, 2017
Yyeske:
Your grammar though
thanks for your observations i have modified my grammar grin perhaps it was too complicated for you to comprehend.

I am glad we both agree that the Nigerian constitution can be Amended to include Referendum. grin that's what I meant simply.
Re: Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari by goaldynboy: 4:25pm On Aug 23, 2017
azpekuliar:

Section 9 of the 1999 Constitution provides as follows: " The National Assembly may, subject to the provisions of this section, alter any provisions of this Constitution"

What I'm saying is that a "proviso" can be added to Section 2 of the constitution where the constitution earlier stated that - "Nigeria is one indivisible and insoluble sovereign state..."

An example of proviso is thus - "(2)Nigeria is one indivisible and indissoluble sovereign state to be known by the name of Federal Republic of Nigeria;

(a) provided that where a region of the country calls for secession, a referendum must be conducted to decide whether the will remain part of the country or form their separate country.

1 Like

Re: Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari by somegirl1: 4:27pm On Aug 23, 2017
EmekaBlue:
Nwanne, Ogadimma. They cant eat their cake and have it. We love them and tried to make them reason with us to make Nigeria the better place like it ought to be. But they chose to always make the north rule since they support that side.

I dont blame them tho, Its never easy to convince a monkey that strawberry is sweeter than banana.

Subjective
Re: Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 4:29pm On Aug 23, 2017
EmekaBlue:
To be honest u made alot of sense. And you right about Igbos not bringing a candidate that will look very credible. If Nigeria manage not to break. One will come up soonest

I hope so but bro, the least Nigeria can hope for now is complete federalism (regionalism) or con-federation. As far as the yoruba is concerned, those are the only options that can save Nigeria from a breakup. The yoruba is on their way out, never mind their silence. Not even a cosmetic restructuring can make us stay. It may take us a lot of time to move, but we make up our mind, nothing can stop us.

1 Like

Re: Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari by goaldynboy: 4:32pm On Aug 23, 2017
jpphilips:

So your understanding of the 1999 constitution is that Abacha and his PRC sat and drafted it right? if that is really your thoughts, then you are not worthy to be called a Nigerian, try Benin republic maybe, people like you say nonsense with confidence on the web to deceive gullible minds with no serious education. I dont blame you shaa, i blame cheap phones and free data!

You are missing it! I have been talking about AMENDMENT!! You are talking about drafting an entirely new constitution!!

Section 9 of the 1999 Constitution provides as follows: " The National Assembly may, subject to the provisions of this section, alter any provisions of this Constitution"

What I'm saying is that a "proviso" can be added to Section 2 of the constitution where the constitution earlier stated that - "Nigeria is one indivisible and insoluble sovereign state..."

An example of proviso is thus - "(2)Nigeria is one indivisible and indissoluble sovereign state to be known by the name of Federal Republic of Nigeria;

(a) provided that where a region of the country calls for secession, a referendum must be conducted to decide whether that region will remain part of the country or form their separate country.
Re: Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari by rigarmortis: 4:34pm On Aug 23, 2017
taylor88:
God bless u guys

if only the cabal rats in buhari's office will allow him sign it in peace

now we can answer one naijiria

good one up there my Muslim brother

I love u all

70% Biafra loading

I can now faint in peace even if there's no space

Bro what exactly do you think biafra will offer that nigeria cannot, remember that in your hometown sef (PH, if i am right) it is still welcomed with mixed feelings, i think we need to be careful on this issue, all the wild jubilation will pass when reality comes in
Re: Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari by EmekaBlue(m): 4:46pm On Aug 23, 2017
BlakKluKluxKlan:

I hope so but bro, the least Nigeria can hope for now is complete federalism (regionalism) or con-federation. As far as the yoruba is concerned, those are the only options that can save Nigeria from a breakup. The yoruba is on their way out, never mind their silence. Not even a cosmetic restructuring can make us stay. It may take us a lot of time to move, but we make up our mind, nothing can stop us.
grin everyone is tired of the bad governance of this country
Re: Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari by EmekaBlue(m): 4:47pm On Aug 23, 2017
somegirl1:

Subjective
banana fall on you kiss
Re: Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari by AleAirHub(m): 4:51pm On Aug 23, 2017
Honestly cheesy cheesy cheesy
truth4u:
I guess arewa youth are becoming wise...more grease to their boko haram elbow
Re: Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari by somegirl1: 4:52pm On Aug 23, 2017
EmekaBlue:
banana fall on you kiss
I don't like bananas smiley .
Re: Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 4:53pm On Aug 23, 2017
EmekaBlue:
grin everyone is tired of the bad governance of this country

There is no need for any southern region to seek Nigeria's continuation. If the people of Middle Belt could openly visit Nnamdi Kanu and later declare that should biafra succeed, they would gladly join them, then it should serve as an eye opener to everybody that Nigeria has lost it.

2 Likes

Re: Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari by jpphilips(m): 4:54pm On Aug 23, 2017
goaldynboy:

You are missing it! I have been talking about AMENDMENT!! You are talking about drafting an entirely new constitution!!

(a) provided that where a region of the country calls for secession, a referendum must be conducted to decide whether that region will remain part of the country or form their separate country.

until that happens, the illiterates from the east are wasting their time and effort.

1 Like

Re: Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari by EmekaBlue(m): 4:56pm On Aug 23, 2017
BlakKluKluxKlan:

There is no need for any southern region to seek Nigeria's continuation. If the people of Middle Belt could openly visit Nnamdi Kanu and later declare that should biafra succeed, they would gladly join them, then it should serve as an eye opener to everybody that Nigeria has lost it.
If Buhari and the northerners continue with their Rule mentality...It will happen
Re: Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari by EmekaBlue(m): 4:59pm On Aug 23, 2017
somegirl1:

I don't like bananas smiley .
for you to say subjective. I thought u were a banana fan..But wait o,u r a lady abi? u dont like d male banana also? if u know what i mean
Re: Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari by somegirl1: 5:21pm On Aug 23, 2017
EmekaBlue:
for you to say subjective. I thought u were a banana fan..But wait o,u r a lady abi? u dont like d male banana also? if u know what i mean
I meant literally. I don't like bananas, neither do I like strawberries unless in smoothies. The fact that I like neither should not get in the way of objectivity.
Re: Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari by MrSly(m): 5:21pm On Aug 23, 2017
Kazim88:
The Arewa Youth Coalition has flayed the comment made by President Muhammadu Buhari that Nigeria must remain one.

The group urged the government to conduct a referendum to provide an exit door for those who did not want to be part of Nigeria.

Buhari had in a nationwide broadcast on Monday upon his return from London affirmed that the country was better off staying together.

But rising from a town hall meeting for the North East geopolitical zone, yesterday, the coalition disagreed with him on the non-negotiability of the unity of the country.

National Chairman of the coalition, Alhaji Yerima Shettima told newsmen in Gombe, yesterday, that Nigeria should create an exit door for the Biafra agitators by convening a referendum.

“The president just came back from his medical vocation. In normal circumstances, one should have expected him to take some time to have a clear review of situations in the country after spending 103 days abroad.

“His statement is a welcome development to some extent because there are issues; the unity of the country is being threatened. I think the focus of the president was basically on the threat to our national unity and those were the key issues he spoke about. In addition, that we would no longer tolerate anybody undermining the security of the country. Certainly, agreed, it should be that way as he felt. But I feel also that on the side of international law to which Nigeria is signatory, it is expected that government must create an exit door for those who feel they want to leave through a referendum and as stipulated in the 1999 constitution.

“It would not augur well if we insist on living with people who do not want to be part of the country and they keep threatening the unity of the country. It may even appear to the international community like a mockery.

“If the government is up and doing, let us abide by the demands of the international law by creating an exit door for those agitating for self determination,” Shettima said.

“Certainly, the IPOB cannot be said to be speaking for the South-East because they are less than ten percent of the Igbo communities who are willing to remain in Nigeria,” he said.

Shedding light on the October 1 quit notice issued to Igbo, Shettima lamented that the group’s message in the Kaduna Declaration was misunderstood.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/08/23/allow-biafra-oduduwa-others-go-arewa-youths-beg-buhari/amp/
You Area just made one sensible talk. Just one I have ever heard from you. But that does not not align our ideology, religious, culture, language. Intact we were never the same in entirety. Nothing is similar between us. So we are bent on living. WE DONT WANT NIGERIA ANYMORE. INFACT I DONT WANT WANT NIGERI ANYMORE AND WILL NOT VOTE DURING ANABRA GUBER ELECTION.
Re: Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari by EmekaBlue(m): 5:49pm On Aug 23, 2017
somegirl1:

I meant literally. I don't like bananas, neither do I like strawberries unless in smoothies. The fact that I like neither should not get in the way of objectivity.
grin ok dear
Re: Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari by Tecno66: 6:13pm On Aug 23, 2017
truth4u:
I guess arewa youth are becoming wise...more grease to their boko haram elbow
Buhari no go gree. Shetima just dey run him mouth. Them say wetin old man sit down dey see, when small boy climb top of iroko tree e no go fit see am. Them dey fear say groundnut pyramid no go fit pump the money wey oil dey pump.
Re: Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari by sshalom(m): 6:34pm On Aug 23, 2017
Kazim88:

Buhari had in a nationwide broadcast on Monday upon his return from London affirmed that the country was better off staying together.

But rising from a town hall meeting for the North East geopolitical zone, yesterday, the coalition disagreed with him on the non-negotiability of the unity of the country.

National Chairman of the coalition, Alhaji Yerima Shettima told newsmen in Gombe, yesterday, that Nigeria should create an exit door for the Biafra agitators by convening a referendum.

“The president just came back from his medical vocation. In normal circumstances, one should have expected him to take some time to have a clear review of situations in the country after spending 103 days abroad.

“His statement is a welcome development to some extent because there are issues; the unity of the country is being threatened. I think the focus of the president was basically on the threat to our national unity and those were the key issues he spoke about. In addition, that we would no longer tolerate anybody undermining the security of the country. Certainly, agreed, it should be that way as he felt. But I feel also that on the side of international law to which Nigeria is signatory, it is expected that government must create an exit door for those who feel they want to leave through a referendum and as stipulated in the 1999 constitution.

“Certainly, the IPOB cannot be said to be speaking for the South-East because they are less than ten percent of the Igbo communities who are willing to remain in Nigeria,” he said.

Shedding light on the October 1 quit notice issued to Igbo, Shettima lamented that the group’s message in the Kaduna Declaration was misunderstood.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/08/23/allow-biafra-oduduwa-others-go-arewa-youths-beg-buhari/amp/

Well said!
Re: Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 23, 2017
Armstrong34:

We Igbo would never allow Yoruba people rest.... it's too early bro....everything we must bring afonja issue inside.... Una too funny..... for ur info am an imolite bfor Una go call me afonjacheesy

Bros Afonja MUST separately fight for their independence
Re: Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 23, 2017
deedeedee1:
The Northern youths are beginning to reason. It is very good that the youths of today do not want to repeat their father's mistakes. You dont have to blame Buhari. He is an old man and was one of those men that "fought for Nigeria Unity" 50 years ago. Yet, nothing to show for it. The truth is that Nigeria has never been united and will never be. Since we have 3 majority ethnic groups in Nigeria, then let Nigeria split into three.
North for Arewa
West for Oodua
East for Biafra.
This is the easiest way to split Nigeria. We can become good neighbors.

You are very drunk. Where Naija Delta Republic? Idiot
Re: Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari by Adebowale89(m): 8:13pm On Aug 23, 2017
EmekaBlue:

I dont blame them tho, Its never easy to convince a monkey that strawberry is sweeter than banana.

you want to convince who? do we look like the ijaw you're lobbying by force to join your Biafra

FYI, yoruba are nt minority region that you can bring that your kindergarten conviction to? u people that failed to win a war during civil war is talking about convincing a whole knowledgeable region? e be like say u dey dream
Re: Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari by Adebowale89(m): 8:18pm On Aug 23, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Bros Afonja MUST separately fight for their independence

did they complain they are in bondage because you people just open mouth to talk like a loose pig
Re: Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari by SenatorUche: 8:43pm On Aug 23, 2017
Referendum should be given out to any nation that request for it in Nigeria.
Re: Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari by EmekaBlue(m): 8:50pm On Aug 23, 2017
Adebowale89:

you want to convince who? do we look like the ijaw you're lobbying by force to join your Biafra

FYI, yoruba are nt minority region that you can bring that your kindergarten conviction to? u people that failed to win a war during civil war is talking about convincing a whole knowledgeable region? e be like say u dey dream
convincing to also make an igbo man a president of nigeria. dont get it twisted

And please nigeria didnt split bcoz the war got intl back up as ONE nigeria. U knw war is all about artillery power... UK provided that to maintain unity. Thankyou
Re: Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari by senatorhillz(m): 8:50pm On Aug 23, 2017
I just dey observe 9ja
Re: Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari by Adebowale89(m): 9:24pm On Aug 23, 2017
EmekaBlue:
convincing to also make an igbo man a president of nigeria. dont get it twisted

And please nigeria didnt split bcoz the war got intl back up as ONE nigeria. U knw war is all about artillery power... UK provided that to maintain unity. Thankyou

you're an unrepentant native fowl. what conviction have u given Yoruba or do u tends to give? na so una take they fail for class

you don't have idea of what you're talking about and u rush down here with free mb to demonstrate a nonentity
Re: Allow Biafra, Oduduwa, Others Referendum - Arewa Youths Beg Buhari by augustine: 9:25pm On Aug 23, 2017
SOLMICHAEL:

Don't be beguiled by there actions, I'm so sure they've a cryptic agenda for making that statement.
Exactly, the referendum will be manipulated to fail, after that the hidden Northern agenda will be implemented speedily without any further resistance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN / Atiku Must Pick Up His Phone To Call President Buhari- Keyamo / Femi Kuti: Osinbajo Invited Me To Join APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.