Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,085 members, 7,828,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog (23910 Views)

Why Is It Hard For A Man To Forgive A Woman Who Cheated? / Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? / I Never Knew I Could Forgive A Girl That Sent This Message To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by kowalsky: 3:41am On Aug 27, 2017
soberdrunk:
There is nothing i hate hearing more than "I dont know how it happened". If you are a man or woman and you think your partner is going to stay faithful 'forever', you are under the biggest illusion ever! I have made up my mind that my future bae and i are going to be 1000% honest with each other and cheating will only be a crime if she doesnt tell me about it 'before' and after it happens and i catch her myself..... angry

exactly. you're smart cool
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by trumpcoat(m): 3:50am On Aug 27, 2017
It's easier for ladies or wives to forgive a cheating spouse, but men hardly forgives the ladies, have seen case presently that the wife even saw nude pictures of different ladies on her husband's phone, pictures of husband having fun with ladies but what can the woman do, she zero her mind and moved on with their marriage can any man tolerate that the answer is capital NO
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by kowalsky: 3:50am On Aug 27, 2017
plessis:
if it is more than once, believe me it will continue because it has turned to attitude as your spouse will always have it at the back of his or her mind that you are a legend when it comes to forgiving

grin

if it happens once. it will happen more than once. you might not have the privilege of uncovering subsequent occurrences though
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by Nobody: 4:21am On Aug 27, 2017
Zero.

A cheating partner can kill you or make you kill.

1 Like

Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by Nobody: 5:06am On Aug 27, 2017
I may forgive all sins but NOT cheating! #case closed!

1 Like

Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by dingbang(m): 5:20am On Aug 27, 2017
Its a different game when it comes to marriage

The kids come into play

As well as the family
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by Jabioro: 5:35am On Aug 27, 2017
You cheat once, I will cheat four times, because I have forgive your colleague once and she never stop cheating until I sent her of my sight.
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by Obason22(m): 5:41am On Aug 27, 2017
stop saying spouse should be forgiven if only she cheat once, is like u encourage them to try once in all their life so that they shall be forgiven, but the whole truth is that it depends were one came from and the nature of tradition that guide ur clan, I no its very common to some people to cheat cos its sound like their hobie good example is Yoruba its common to their women sorry to call u out but that is the truth, on like my clan member they will tell u the tradition that guide us in terms of cheating incase u may cross red line , if u dare it the next time u travel to market may be ur last chance , except the market by name (NKWO) forgives u then u survive but if at last I found out that u cheated on me , I will forgive u as person but the marriage between us is over.
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by InvertedHammer: 6:17am On Aug 27, 2017
/
Forgive the temptation.

...but not the act.

\
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by henryhemon(m): 6:33am On Aug 27, 2017
soberdrunk:
There is nothing i hate hearing more than "I dont know how it happened". If you are a man or woman and you think your partner is going to stay faithful 'forever', you are under the biggest illusion ever! I have made up my mind that my future bae and i are going to be 1000% honest with each other and cheating will only be a crime if she doesnt tell me about it 'before' and after it happens and i catch her myself..... angry

Good for you. Don't then make your opinion a law for others by saying someone shouldn't expect his partner to be faithful. If that's what works for you.....thumbs up allow others to choose what works for them.

1 Like

Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by henryhemon(m): 6:44am On Aug 27, 2017
Nice to know there are people who have morals but if most people believe cheating is evil how come it's now a norm in the society? These days singles stay more faithful than married folks.
It's a complex issue,not a saint but once a notice a sneak peek of cheating it's Au revoir.

2 Likes

Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by abfalkolly(m): 6:55am On Aug 27, 2017
MzHolly:
I cheat back as revenge always
Continuum
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by Deback2018: 7:31am On Aug 27, 2017
To forgive is not always easy but if she gives me de reason to do so y not,moreover nobody is a saint,we sometime make mistakes in relationships not to hurt our partners but for de reason beyond our own normal control
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by Deback2018: 7:36am On Aug 27, 2017
Seenyo:
I may forgive all sins but NOT cheating! #case closed!
what if ur action push her into it
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by ekaidem10(m): 7:39am On Aug 27, 2017
Considering where I come from, even if i feel like doing that my tradition will nt allow me.infact i lack reasons for such 4giveness. I will send her packing immediatetly.
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by mikedimeji(m): 7:39am On Aug 27, 2017
bettercreature:
grin grin grin grin
Luke 12:15
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by mikedimeji(m): 7:44am On Aug 27, 2017
Deback2018:
To forgive is not always easy but if she gives me de reason to do so y not,moreover nobody is a saint,we sometime make mistakes in relationships not to hurt our partners but for de reason beyond our own normal control
Take heed less u become the architect of ur own problems. What happen to respect and dignity, the absence of respect for oneself, spouse and the marriage can result in anything. That's why one of my policy is No close Male friend.
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by mikedimeji(m): 7:48am On Aug 27, 2017
kowalsky:

exactly. you're smart cool
Fallacy of the highest order
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by girl4rmspace(f): 7:58am On Aug 27, 2017
Honestly it's real hard for me to forgive the act of cheating cos I know for sure that I won't cheat when in a relationship. So I expect my partner to do the same

I could break up easily if I caught him cheating. For me it's once a cheat always a cheat.
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by ReinaPHIL: 7:59am On Aug 27, 2017
Please are the men responding to the ladies and the ladies responding to the men?

Cheating as a single person is different from a married spouse cheating
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by tosyne2much(m): 8:09am On Aug 27, 2017
It's girlfriend that will metamorphose into a wife. If a woman derives pleasure in cheating while in relationship, she will equally do the same when married
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 27, 2017
Cheat once and we're done
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 27, 2017
#i' ve been there, done that before....she claimed my action pushed her into it, i pardoned her but guess what?....she still cheated un-provoked!
Hence my final decision NEVER to forgive cheating again, NEVER!

1 Like

Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by omari5(f): 8:18am On Aug 27, 2017
iamJ:
Doesnt make sense to forgive

cause she will think that ure weak and do it again, if she cheats run for ur life

no time to use candle boil beans oooo
but if you cheat, you will expect her to forgive you...smh
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by nightingalee: 8:20am On Aug 27, 2017
tomdon:
What is cheating? Sleeping with someone else?
How's that cheating??

Even singles will be saying cheating this and that, if it's a sin, then by fukking outside marriage you're already sinning

Your spouse slept with another person, so fukking what!!!
Fukk him or her harder next time, they Won't have the time to go fukk another next time

What's the fuss about forgiveness Are you God??

You're not talking about important issues that make people bad. It is sex
Bunkum!

Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:50am On Aug 27, 2017
Happy Sunday
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by bejick(m): 8:57am On Aug 27, 2017
MzHolly:
I cheat back as revenge always

na your bweast be that for you profile. if yes no wonder.........
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by vivienD: 9:11am On Aug 27, 2017
hmmm..see hw d guys r chanting 'will not forgive, will not forgive' as if dey r not d ones dat cheat more..ladies cheat mostly bcoz of sexual reasons, probably bcoz u're not satisfying dem..on d other hand, guys cheat for varieties of reasons, ranging from a mild argument to jst wanting to lay off..bt d ladies are always expected to forgive

my bf cheated on me once, twas terrible coz she was a friend..bt I forgave, don't even knw why till now..however, we're gud now nd I hope it continues dah way coz if it happens again, I wnt jst leave..I'll give him rat poison..
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by ekpesa(m): 9:50am On Aug 27, 2017
Most people commenting are insincere, truth be told, African men are polygamic in nature. WE All CHEAT!
Ladies just trust you man to be loving and caring, but when it comes to cheating? Forgive him in advance in other to keep your home happy.
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by komekn(m): 9:59am On Aug 27, 2017
bamisepeters:
It is a known fact that Relationship Is For Those Who Are Willing And Ready To Forgive Each other but there must be limit to the extent of forgiveness as it will be taken for granted.

Apart from one or more characters of your spouse that you might find uneasy to contend with, i think cheating is the greatest crime one's spouse can commit which can warrant that extra ordinary spirit of forgiveness.

I know of someone whose women cheated on him for up to four times and he has been forgiving her, four times is nit cheating any more, it has become an attitude.

There is limit to everything in life, so also in relationship there is limitations to everything you do to your spouse.

If you cheat ones and your spouse forgives you, you should just count yourself to be lucky because many cannot forgive a cheating spouse.

It is not because of ego or anything but because there is limit to what everyone can accept.

For someone who cheated just ones it takes the intervention of the supernatural forces to be forgiven, and it shouldn't pass just that once.

If it is more than once, believe me it will continue because it has turned to attitude as your spouse will always have it at the back of his or her mind that you are a legend when it comes to forgiving.

Like i said in a post that divorce should not be the last resort to all marital troubles it doesn't mean that you should now turn yourself to complete fool all in the name of keeping your home.

Divorce may not be the last resort to marriage issues, but it is the ultimate solution to many other people's matrimonial challenges and no matter how hard they try to defend the union in the face of persecution they can never win that battle.

If your spouse cheat on you for the first time I think they deserve another opportunity to make it right.

Like a colleague made mention of a quote sometimes ago that fool me once, shame on you. Fool me again, shame on me.

And you will continue to be that lovely and romantic fool if you listen to another reason why your spouse cheated on you again when you know you are up and doing when it comes to your union.

I know that for some people the idea and reality of cheating is innate, hence, they will never stop even after you forgive them, if you know you cannot cope just give yourself a final break.

You are not worth that torment that comes along with a cheating spouse.
The thought of someone else over-smooching a woman you deal with gently in bed or the thought of another lady over-satisfying your man to the brim to the extent that he finds it hard to satisfy you when you are in the mood alone is enough to deal with you greatly.

I trust you will not try that 77×77 times that the Holy book preaches for forgiveness as this is not that kind of offence you can apply such law for as you even find it so hard to forgive just once let alone 7 times.

After one more chance I don't think someone in his or her right senses should even smell cheat anymore, else, you will be taken for granted for life.

This is my opinion, kindly add your contributions as it is important to me.

Source: http://www.bamisepeter.com/2017/08/the-amount-of-times-you-can-forgive.html

All this rhetoric is individualism and personal ideology, preference that emanates entirely from self. Because it is self based it is self justified and therefore SELFISH.

The self is constantly inconsistent and therefore dependent on emotional sentiment which goes up and down. It's like happiness which is dependent on what's happening around you. So what you feel is a product of you environment and circumstantial experiences. Operating and being led by what you feel is a recipe for disaster.

Using the infallible and unquestionable standard which is set by God. Which is in the Bible, there is no end to forgiveness it's never ending, it's intrinsic to your Christian walk.

Forgiveness doesn't leave bitterness, rancour, animosity, discontent, rage, revenge, hatred it redeems you from all that. It enables you to love truly.

However, if you are not a Christian or you are just church goer or member. Then you can follow what you feel. In this case this adopted assumed superior Eurocentric ideology. The same ideology that has birthed the bestial, perverse and unnatural practice of homosexuality and now crowned with same sex marriage. These Ideologies are totally alien and an affront to Afrocentricity and our Nigerian norms and values.

In my experience responding to your husband cheating with divorce will never lead to SATISFACTION in most cases you will lead a life of discontent and unhappiness and may never remarry. Well for absolute certainty no Christian will EVER be married to a divorced woman.

On the contrary Forgiveness will allow you to experience JOY which comes from God and is indeed great strength.

There is no limit to forgiveness. Because the joy of the Lord hath no understanding it's beyond the limited intellect of man. FORGIVENESS is a precursor to the Joy of the Lord.
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by wickedworld: 10:13am On Aug 27, 2017
ekpesa:
Most people commenting are insincere, truth be told, African men are polygamic in nature. WE All CHEAT!
Ladies just trust you man to be loving and caring, but when it comes to cheating? Forgive him in advance in other to keep your home happy.

Indeed, can a man too forgive her in advance? The world is changing daily saying africa men are polygamic in nature sound excuse for men to cheat. If a woman can endure one dick a man can too it called discipline. Men will say they can't eat particular food all the time but has it ever occure to them that even women can get tired of one dick all the time but she still endure her marriage. A cheating man will never forgive his wife if she cheated once. Men are selfish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Topcio Alata Ghana Soap / Help!!! She Says She Will Marry Him If Only His Mother Is Dead! Advice Please / What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.