Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog (23913 Views)

Why Is It Hard For A Man To Forgive A Woman Who Cheated? / Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? / I Never Knew I Could Forgive A Girl That Sent This Message To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by Bobby808: 10:27am On Aug 27, 2017
MzHolly:
I cheat back as revenge always
May the Almighty God forgive you this morning. Bloody flirt. Even though we are not seeing each other, know it that you do not worth a woman.
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by Libchydyy: 10:52am On Aug 27, 2017
Actually, its a known fact for marriage to work forgiveness has to be given priority but then, it shouldn't call for doing wrongs daily and every minutes. For everything we do in life has a reward. No 2 ways about it. That which u find in Another or appreciate try and find it in ur spouse and always praise one another
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by Alexfabss: 11:12am On Aug 27, 2017
kayojosephy:
It all depends on my mood in proportion to her state of true repentance..
hahahahaha see dis learner grin grin grin

I laughed u in Chinese,

Hihihihi chachuchonhun
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by mikedimeji(m): 11:24am On Aug 27, 2017
Sleyanya1:
There are complex factors and situations that could cause those that truly love you (In your confirmation &
theirs) to cheat on you.

However you should watch out for their Genuine remorse, extra efforts to make things right & also play back a memory of their worth to you.

After weighing all these & they're checked correctly.

It's Okay to Forgive but Once.
I disagree with the highlighted! Cheating is not an involuntary action. There's no justifiable reason to cheat especially in Marriage. Even outside Marriage, once there are irreconcilable differences between u and the guy instead of cheating just quit the relationship and move on. The worst is if the guy is not performing up to expectation and u can no longer cope then quit. Personally I believe if u can cheat on ur spouse then u can kill him. There are lots of erroneous teachings out there and that's why the society is defective

2 Likes

Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by mikedimeji(m): 11:40am On Aug 27, 2017
komekn:

All this rhetoric is individualism and personal ideology, preference that emanates entirely from self. Because it is self based it is self justified and therefore SELFISH.

The self is constantly inconsistent and therefore dependent on emotional sentiment which goes up and down. It's like happiness which is dependent on what's happening around you. So what you feel is a product of you environment and circumstantial experiences. Operating and being led by what you feel is a recipe for disaster.

Using the infallible and unquestionable standard which is set by God. Which is in the Bible, there is no end to forgiveness it's never ending, it's intrinsic to your Christian walk.

Forgiveness doesn't leave bitterness, rancour, animosity, discontent, rage, revenge, hatred it redeems you from all that. It enables you to love truly.

However, if you are not a Christian or you are just church goer or member. Then you can follow what you feel. In this case this adopted assumed superior Eurocentric ideology. The same ideology that has birthed the bestial, perverse and unnatural practice of homosexuality and now crowned with same sex marriage. These Ideologies are totally alien and an affront to Afrocentricity and our Nigerian norms and values.

In my experience responding to your husband cheating with divorce will never lead to SATISFACTION in most cases you will lead a life of discontent and unhappiness and may never remarry. Well for absolute certainty no Christian will EVER be married to a divorced woman.

On the contrary Forgiveness will allow you to experience JOY which comes from God and is indeed great strength.

There is no limit to forgiveness. Because the joy of the Lord hath no understanding it's beyond the limited intellect of man. FORGIVENESS is a precursor to the Joy of the Lord.
Easier said. What happens to doing the right thing and avoiding plenty avoidable issues. Titus 2:11 (NIV). The Bible said let not this things be mentioned among u being believers. I'm sure u know cheating is not an involuntary action, one things always led to the other and to the other. Every body has his part to play, forgiveness is divine and the Grace of God differs
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by Dalby(m): 12:02pm On Aug 27, 2017
It would have been a more interesting read if people declared their marital status first before theirene response. 9 out of 10 posting comments are not married.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by bamisepeters(m): 12:43pm On Aug 27, 2017
komekn:

All this rhetoric is individualism and personal ideology, preference that emanates entirely from self. Because it is self based it is self justified and therefore SELFISH.

The self is constantly inconsistent and therefore dependent on emotional sentiment which goes up and down. It's like happiness which is dependent on what's happening around you. So what you feel is a product of you environment and circumstantial experiences. Operating and being led by what you feel is a recipe for disaster.

Using the infallible and unquestionable standard which is set by God. Which is in the Bible, there is no end to forgiveness it's never ending, it's intrinsic to your Christian walk.

Forgiveness doesn't leave bitterness, rancour, animosity, discontent, rage, revenge, hatred it redeems you from all that. It enables you to love truly.

However, if you are not a Christian or you are just church goer or member. Then you can follow what you feel. In this case this adopted assumed superior Eurocentric ideology. The same ideology that has birthed the bestial, perverse and unnatural practice of homosexuality and now crowned with same sex marriage. These Ideologies are totally alien and an affront to Afrocentricity and our Nigerian norms and values.

In my experience responding to your husband cheating with divorce will never lead to SATISFACTION in most cases you will lead a life of discontent and unhappiness and may never remarry. Well for absolute certainty no Christian will EVER be married to a divorced woman.

On the contrary Forgiveness will allow you to experience JOY which comes from God and is indeed great strength.

There is no limit to forgiveness. Because the joy of the Lord hath no understanding it's beyond the limited intellect of man. FORGIVENESS is a precursor to the Joy of the Lord.
no clapping smiley on nairaland � that is your opinion too as regards cheating spouse.
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by dabeto: 1:42pm On Aug 27, 2017
Fidelity is a feminine virtue......zip up. women must learn to forgive, men must be moderate in their indulgence. cool
Stop this gender equality stuff. undecided
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by wickedworld: 2:36pm On Aug 27, 2017
dabeto:
Fidelity is a feminine virtue......zip up. women must learn to forgive, men must be moderate in their indulgence. cool

Hmmmm very interesting, men must be moderate in their indulgence? Women too can be moderate in theirs .
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by Sleyanya1(m): 3:11pm On Aug 27, 2017
mikedimeji:

I disagree with the highlighted! Cheating is not an involuntary action. There's no justifiable reason to cheat especially in Marriage. Even outside Marriage, once there are irreconcilable differences between u and the guy instead of cheating just quit the relationship and move on. The worst is if the guy is not performing up to expectation and u can no longer cope then quit. Personally I believe if u can cheat on ur spouse then u can kill him. There are lots of erroneous teachings out there and that's why the society is defective

I respect your opinion. The difference is in our perceptions of the act. Also It is not really something anyone that truly love will decide before it happens.

When it does happen that's when you truly know what you'd be capable of doing.

Happy Sunday
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by Emeritus001(m): 3:13pm On Aug 27, 2017
I always want to b committed to who I love...Once I caught u cheating,
forget it, once u leave, no more room bcoz I would have move on with better person.
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by mikedimeji(m): 4:25pm On Aug 27, 2017
Sleyanya1:

I respect your opinion. The difference is in our perceptions of the act. Also It is not really something anyone that truly love will decide before it happens.

Happy Sunday
Like I said it's not an involuntary action, it's not something that just happen all of a sudden, cheating takes process. U can't wake up one day and decide to cheat it takes several process. My take, when it has gotten to the point of cheating then quit. Cheating is done consciously and deliberately that's why I said there's no justification for it. It's very important to set boundaries. Once lack of trust sets in the end has come.
Enjoy ur week sir.

2 Likes

Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by babyfaceafrica: 5:34pm On Aug 27, 2017
mikedimeji:

Like I said it's not an involuntary action, it's not something that just happen all of a sudden, cheating takes process. U can't wake up one day and decide to cheat it takes several process. My take, when it has gotten to the point of cheating then quit. Cheating is done consciously and deliberately that's why I said there's no justification for it. It's very important to set boundaries. Once lack of trust sets in the end has come.
Enjoy ur week sir.
I agree
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by babyfaceafrica: 5:34pm On Aug 27, 2017
Sleyanya1:

Happy Sunday
if you love someone, you don't cheat on the person
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by babadeee(m): 11:37pm On Aug 27, 2017
braine:

It's risky doing business with someone who just created an account some days ago.
mr risky abeg park well
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by Ugosample(m): 1:09am On Aug 28, 2017
dabeto:

Sorry bro

The world does not work like that anymore
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by RealityShot: 3:34am On Aug 28, 2017
Divay22:
It can only be once for me.... But with the cold feet, it will be more better if i didn't forgive at all. Once trust is broken it can never be whole again.
Cheaters never Quit
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by Kobicove(m): 9:34am On Aug 28, 2017
dabeto:

smiley
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by Lampy336: 9:17am On Oct 21, 2019
Did you know what my ring tone will be JAPA..I won't go into marriage again once I am left out of my Union , honestly , every woman that comes my way will be a victim of treating them badly , once a thief will always and forever be a thief and also as the Do say , FORGIVENESS IS A SIN..
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by Lampy336: 9:21am On Oct 21, 2019
@ babyface Africa , where is the love or true love in a Union , most marriage fails cause of too much of cheating..
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 21, 2019
braine:
I'd say 0 times.

But then...

...in as much as I think cheating is horrible, I feel we'll have to deal with it whether we like it or not. Almost every girl I've dated cheated which led to breakups. Now it's like we have to accept it, else one may stay single forever.

That is why you have to use juju to tie your intended wife for yourself only. Na so politicians, pastors and kings and Oba dey marry.
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 21, 2019
plessis:
if it is more than once, believe me it will continue because it has turned to attitude as your spouse will always have it at the back of his or her mind that you are a legend when it comes to forgiving

grin

Forgive her twice, then after the third time use her destiny for ritual and breakup with her.
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by Cormung: 3:56pm On Oct 22, 2019
I can't forgive a cheating affair. For me, this is a harsh offense! I think I am so dubious and I even started using http://smstrackers.com/can-i-track-my-boyfriends-sms-messages-without-him-knowing-for-free/ to find out if I am cheated on or not. I had a bad experience with it and now I am really suspicious.
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by Destiblack(m): 5:15pm On Oct 22, 2019
bamisepeters:
It is a known fact that Relationship Is For Those Who Are Willing And Ready To Forgive Each other but there must be limit to the extent of forgiveness as it will be taken for granted.

Apart from one or more characters of your spouse that you might find uneasy to contend with, i think cheating is the greatest crime one's spouse can commit which can warrant that extra ordinary spirit of forgiveness.

I know of someone whose women cheated on him for up to four times and he has been forgiving her, four times is nit cheating any more, it has become an attitude.

There is limit to everything in life, so also in relationship there is limitations to everything you do to your spouse.

If you cheat ones and your spouse forgives you, you should just count yourself to be lucky because many cannot forgive a cheating spouse.

It is not because of ego or anything but because there is limit to what everyone can accept.

For someone who cheated just ones it takes the intervention of the supernatural forces to be forgiven, and it shouldn't pass just that once.

If it is more than once, believe me it will continue because it has turned to attitude as your spouse will always have it at the back of his or her mind that you are a legend when it comes to forgiving.

Like i said in a post that divorce should not be the last resort to all marital troubles it doesn't mean that you should now turn yourself to complete fool all in the name of keeping your home.

Divorce may not be the last resort to marriage issues, but it is the ultimate solution to many other people's matrimonial challenges and no matter how hard they try to defend the union in the face of persecution they can never win that battle.

If your spouse cheat on you for the first time I think they deserve another opportunity to make it right.

Like a colleague made mention of a quote sometimes ago that fool me once, shame on you. Fool me again, shame on me.

And you will continue to be that lovely and romantic fool if you listen to another reason why your spouse cheated on you again when you know you are up and doing when it comes to your union.

I know that for some people the idea and reality of cheating is innate, hence, they will never stop even after you forgive them, if you know you cannot cope just give yourself a final break.

You are not worth that torment that comes along with a cheating spouse.
The thought of someone else over-smooching a woman you deal with gently in bed or the thought of another lady over-satisfying your man to the brim to the extent that he finds it hard to satisfy you when you are in the mood alone is enough to deal with you greatly.

I trust you will not try that 77×77 times that the Holy book preaches for forgiveness as this is not that kind of offence you can apply such law for as you even find it so hard to forgive just once let alone 7 times.

After one more chance I don't think someone in his or her right senses should even smell cheat anymore, else, you will be taken for granted for life.

This is my opinion, kindly add your contributions as it is important to me.

Source: http://www.bamisepeter.com/2017/08/the-amount-of-times-you-can-forgive.html

Ones trust is broken, it can never have a solid foundation. The best is to move on and get a better life.
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by DannyAsa: 5:25pm On Oct 22, 2019
Well assuming someone is cheating is one thing, having proof is another. Therefore, I shamelessly present our mobile spy app solution.

On behalf of our development team I present SlaySpy. The best mobile phone spying solution. Contact me(SlaySpySales@hotmail.Com) if you are interested.

See demonstration
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq2GLQre_s0.
Re: The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog by Jeezy: 6:42pm On Oct 22, 2019
Sometimes it's more complex than that. If kids are involved, the effect of a split on the kids, how remorseful he/she is, etc.

Its a complex situation where one may not know how one would react until , God forbids , it happens.

Destiblack:

Ones trust is broken, it can never have a solid foundation. The best is to move on and get a better life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Topcio Alata Ghana Soap / Help!!! She Says She Will Marry Him If Only His Mother Is Dead! Advice Please / What Is It With Port-Harcourt Women And Money! Is It Normal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.