Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State (25133 Views)

The Sorry State Of Oyigbo Portharcourt/aba Expressway / Akwa Ibom Government Lodge In Lagos In Dilapidated State. Photos / What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by ufuosman(m): 1:26pm On Aug 31, 2017
Bad leaders
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by seyiseyi11: 1:27pm On Aug 31, 2017
But sebi them dey call their governor mr project abi oyingbo no day part of rivers state again

1 Like

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by menkas(m): 1:29pm On Aug 31, 2017
Don't insult wild when APC dey waiting d do for the road on till amaechi finish in government e no even visit that road for once so million nobody talk rubbish here wild is working hard in rivers state useless propaganda
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 31, 2017
Oyigbo is an LGA on it's own. Wike can't be doing the responsibility of the Oyibo local government chairman, what do they do with their allowance and royalty from the companies in the LGA?.

Some of these people would rather collect money and eat than have their roads fixed.
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Alexanderabutu(m): 1:34pm On Aug 31, 2017
God have mercy on Nigeria oooo. in fact who are we as a human. please ur mercy God.
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 31, 2017
Rivers state is a glorified village
Osun state is more developed and better than Rivers

the only city dey can boast of is PH which is currently an eye sore..

Every other town in Rivers state is in poo

1 Like

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Alexanderabutu(m): 1:36pm On Aug 31, 2017
God have mercy on Nigeria oooo. in fact who are we as a human. please ur mercy God.
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by ibkayee(f): 1:37pm On Aug 31, 2017
Too bad a country so rich in resources is governed by leeches, no government is totally corruption free but at the very least, basic human necessities are accessible. If they now fix the road they'll be acting like they've done something special. Cursed nation

3 Likes

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by freshvine(f): 1:48pm On Aug 31, 2017
fratermathy:
Amarabae see your village.

OP did you just say city of Oyigbo? Do you even know what a city is?

Oyigbo is a suburb of Port Harcourt, that's all. Without PH, Oyigbo is just a community.

Shell exploration is in Oyibo... I mean operation not administrative.

Largest steel market in oyibo.

Largest crush rock market.

Biggest haulage hub in rivers state.

Largest timber market.

2 power generation station to the national grid

Oil fields

... And you're tryna telling me it's not Port Harcourt short-changing oyibo?
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by StaffofOrayan(m): 1:51pm On Aug 31, 2017
There would always be a friggin church signboard, angry angry angry Churches making people docile, after all there is a reward for the poor and meek in heaven, the same chairman/governor/senators would soon come with campaign and champagne promises, everybody wan blame FG but una no sabi una LGA Chairman name, shio
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Abagworo(m): 1:52pm On Aug 31, 2017
First of all I want to make it clear that Wike deserves no single blame for the environmental decay of Obigbo/Oyigbo. It developed as a slum from time immemorial but between 2003 and 2007 the then Governor of Rivers State Sir Peter Odili tried to enhance the settlement with road networks and massive housing estates to link it up with Port Harcourt but left them uncompleted before leaving 2007. Amaechi came in as Governor and because most Rivers people consider that area as Igbo moved attention towards Rukpokwu, Eneka, Aluu and Igwuruta. Obigbo is a victim of tribal politics.

8 Likes

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by redcliff: 1:53pm On Aug 31, 2017
jesse8048:
It baffles me how there's no single good road in oyigbo yet you see oil wells scattered all over the place. You can't drive into or out of oyigbo without crying for your cars. This government promised to take care of this before election but nothing for about 2 years now. The mbano camp/old aba road started few weeks ago has been abandoned. Why.....

ejigbo sef...one day i went to see one useless gyal like that. i was so lucky i took a 4x4 SUV back then. i did not know the way and i asked one murfucker if i could pass a certain pool of water. the guy said yes its passable. when i chook tire inside, water don reach half of the door! for SUV...after that day my tire started making a funny noise. May God have mercy on us!
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Kendroid: 2:07pm On Aug 31, 2017
i just wonder how many times that particular road has been used as a campaign promise!!
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Osyabj: 2:07pm On Aug 31, 2017
mesoprogress:
Their only crime in Rivers state is that they tend towards Igbos as against Ikwerre people

Anuofia. There is No tribe anywhere called "ikwere" whether Ikwere , Ngwa,
Ndoki, and dozens of Igbo clans and villages, which the British converted to "tribes" after the British/ Biafra war, they are all Igbo SOIL for ever
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by enigma2007(m): 2:07pm On Aug 31, 2017
Dude, don't ever chook your car in anybody of water especially in an area that you don't know anything abt... Na gbege bi dat o
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by tort(f): 2:10pm On Aug 31, 2017
Oyibo road is nothing to write home about, no place in Oyibo that as one single road but the publicity secretary said yesterday that work was going on school Road I was shocked because am always passing there I didn't see any work going on there.by 2019 they will come and brain wash us again with all there fake promises please let the National Assembly visit Oyibo. We are suffering [/color][color=#000099][color=#990000][/color]
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by modaink333: 2:11pm On Aug 31, 2017
redcliff:

ejigbo sef...one day i went to see one useless gyal like that. i was so lucky i took a 4x4 SUV back then. i did not know the way and i asked one murfucker if i could pass a certain pool of water. the guy said yes its passable. when i chook tire inside, water don reach half of the door! for SUV...after that day my tire started making a funny noise. May God have mercy on us!
you see your life? You as woman one take kill you
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Kennywills7(m): 2:14pm On Aug 31, 2017
christejames:
Our government keep raping us hard...

what will it take from them to make sure basic amenities are situated where the masses are?
They keep making shoddy and shabby projects for us which are not in line with the contemporary standard.

when election draws near now you will see them like cock beaten and drenched by a torrential rain begging for votes with their sugarcoated mouth.
Are we not encouraging them?
When it's time for election people will start collecting money from them in rallies and even voting boots, forgetting that once they collect those peanuts it will be the last till another four years. Untill we stop taking money from polithiefcians this country will remain like this, we need to start taking elections more seriously in this country

2 Likes

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by redcliff: 2:15pm On Aug 31, 2017
modaink333:
you see your life? You as woman one take kill you

lmao.. omo you for do the same thing jor...na so the matter be.. lol
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by modaink333: 2:15pm On Aug 31, 2017
freshvine:

Shell exploration is in Oyibo... I mean operation not administrative.

Largest steel market in oyibo.

Largest crush rock market.

Biggest haulage hub in rivers state.

Largest timber market.

2 power generation station to the national grid

Oil fields

... And you're tryna telling me it's not Port Harcourt short-changing oyibo?
you are 100 % correct
This city is supposed to be beautiful more than Victoria Ireland in Lagos
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Jaqenhghar: 2:15pm On Aug 31, 2017
modaink333:
In a sane country, the city of oyigbo is supposed to be the finest and most decent environment one could leave in. In regards to the 80+ oil Wells in the locality, yet it has become a state of ridicule and abject suffering of the poor masses and middle class. Abandoned by the wike led administration and even the amaechi led administration. Was one time used as a dump site for all refuse collected in portharcourt by the amaechi led administration.
Even the operation zero potholes by this present regime is irrelevant to the people of oyigbo. The chairman of oyigbo resides in the city of portharcourt enjoying the fruits of his Labour to the detriment and agony of the mass who voted him...
Is there any city in this cesspit that has good roads?

1 Like

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by modaink333: 2:19pm On Aug 31, 2017
redcliff:

lmao.. omo you for do the same thing jor...na so the matter be.. lol
guy man. Hope say D Suv still de because we go use am groove on Sunday
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by mansmith(m): 2:20pm On Aug 31, 2017
Its so disgusting.
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by modaink333: 2:22pm On Aug 31, 2017
Jaqenhghar:

Is there any city in this cesspit that has good roads?
coupled with the resources oyigbo has, we are way bigger than this shit

1 Like

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 31, 2017
zoo
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Jaqenhghar: 2:24pm On Aug 31, 2017
modaink333:
coupled with the resources oyigbo has, we are way bigger than this shit
Look around. Even the seat of government where the oil money is being carted off to is not free from bad roads. Im sure if the place had lots of rainfall it will be just as bad.

1 Like

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by mesoprogress(m): 2:26pm On Aug 31, 2017
Osyabj:

Anuofia. There is No tribe anywhere called "ikwere" whether Ikwere , Ngwa,
Ndoki, and dozens of Igbo clans and villages, which the British converted to "tribes" after the British/ Biafra war, they are all Igbo SOIL for ever
Anu ulo , go to Ikwerre land and claim it as Igboland. Association is not by force, if they say they are not Igbos, then they are not Igbos

2 Likes

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by 8stargeneral: 2:28pm On Aug 31, 2017
It really uncalled for,we're leavn in bondage here,Sumtimes i wonder if d community and d indigene are caused dey dont care.
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by UfuomaUN(m): 2:35pm On Aug 31, 2017
The problem with oyigbo is:

1. Illiteracy: Oyigbo is a suburb of Port Harcourt yes, but half of the population are uncultured and dumb. You see them dumping refuse in the rain like it's Normal. Why won't the drain get blocked?

2. Poor road maintenance culture: Oyigbo started off as a small community... Infact if you had come to oyigbo in the 2000s most of the present heavily built up areas were thick bushes. As more people pushed out of town cos of traffic and housing problems, the population of oyigbo increased exponentially without any corresponding improvement in roads and services. No road in Oyigbo has been dualised, the Oyigbo Express badly needs a flyover cos of traffic almost every evening, no alternative roads, no master plan, just more of the same.

This particular road in question was rebuilt from the scratch about 3-4 years ago but it's bad again cos it's simply too narrow! The truth is roads in Oyigbo deteriorate quicker than roads in every other part of Rivers state cos of people stuffing drains and resultant flooding. I was glad I had the opportunity to leave there this year. Oyigbo is a tiring place.

Oyigbo is just an over populated overflow, it's no where near a city

2 Likes

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Moganajoe: 2:35pm On Aug 31, 2017
modaink333:

Wike "mr project" is working!
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 31, 2017
jesse8048:
It baffles me how there's no single good road in oyigbo yet you see oil wells scattered all over the place. You can't drive into or out of oyigbo without crying for your cars. This government promised to take care of this before election but nothing for about 2 years now. The mbano camp/old aba road started few weeks ago has been abandoned. Why.....

It's not just this government. All past governments neglected Obigbo (is it Oyigbo?). I wonder if Ikwerre people have something against Obigbo people?
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by UfuomaUN(m): 2:42pm On Aug 31, 2017
misterme:

It's not just this government. All past governments neglected Obigbo (is it Oyigbo?). I wonder if Ikwerre people have something against Obigbo people?

They do. Everything good in Rivers State ends at Iriebe. Oyigbo should just be left to Abia state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Makinde To Tinubu: APC Will Not Rule Nigeria Beyond 2023 / Tinubu Wins The Sun Man Of The Year (Photos) / Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.